• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Devil's Throne - OOC [Open]

Misty Gray

Pessimisty
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

The Devil's Throne - OOC

sd2_small-jpg.331416

Characters || IC Thread

An alternative reality to ours... In the 18th century, the King and Queen reside in a palace situated in East Anglia, England. Strict and old-fashioned, it's difficult to believe the way the world moves around them. However, with the power to change anything in the country the moment they wish, they are the most powerful people in England. Employing many, including guards, servants and advisers, the family holds a great level of secrecy within the walls. Anyone found to break the vow of secrecy or many other rules, could find themselves put to death without trial.

The King and Queen have three sons and three daughters. The eldest Prince, and heir to the throne, is a handsome young man, though cold and heartless by nature. He is due to marry the daughter of the highest judge in England. Many, including his own siblings, fear what will happen when the cruel prince eventually becomes king.

Recently, things in the castle have been gradually becoming more unsettled than usual, following the execution of a young servant a week earlier. Tortured before been hung, she was accused of being evil and trying to corrupt the youngest princess, simply because she was of a poorer class.

This will be a realistic drama (though not historically accurate to our real world) and will remain focused within the palace walls and grounds. This will be heavy on characterisation, with twists, violence and probably a lot of misery!

I'm not majorly strict but I prefer around 2+ paragraphs per post and certainly not just a couple of sentences.

Out of character chat goes here...

Last edited:
I was just thinking, maybe the fiance of the prince is just as cold and calculating as he is, and longs for power too? THey´d make a great couple of evil.

How old should the fiance be? 18? older? Younger?

Must the faceclaim look medieval or doesnt it matter if you can see its a modern picture, because only the person herself matters?
The eldest prince will be 25. I'd say anything from 18-25 is fine for his fiancee.

Modern pictures are perfectly fine - I know mine will most likely be modern based on the face-claims I have in mind.

The eldest prince will be 25. I'd say anything from 18-25 is fine for his fiancee.

Modern pictures are perfectly fine - I know mine will most likely be modern based on the face-claims I have in mind.
What if the girl on the picture doesnt look like she´s 18? The face claim i have in mind is 19 irl, but kinda looks younger... by a lot...

What if the girl on the picture doesnt look like she´s 18? The face claim i have in mind is 19 irl, but kinda looks younger... by a lot...
I don't know. I think I'd rather she looked 18+ so it doesn't feel awkward for me playing her fiance.

How about you look at the face claim first and thent tell me.

Also, i have trouble with a history, got no idea what important event sthere could be in the girls past.

It will probably be later tonight (UK time) when I can post Christopher's full character sheet, which should hopefully help everyone out a bit more with their own characters. I'm out straight out after work today but I should still have some energy left in me when I finally get home tonight.

I've got an uneventful weekend ahead so I'll have plenty of time to be productive with my characters and everything. Exciting.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
I noticed the other two names did when I made my character and figured I'd keep with the theme xD

Misty Gray Misty Gray
I'm heading home this weekend, not sure how often I'll be online, I know for a fact tomorrow I'll be busy most of the day, so I'll try to check in sunday.

I'll finish Christopher in a few hours. I was far too tired to concentrate last night.

StarryKnights StarryKnights do you think you'll be able to keep up with the RP? I don't want to leave players behind.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Well, I have plans tonight, and the place I'll be staying doesn't have internet, I'll try to check in later today but I can't make any promises. I should be around Sunday, depends on what my family is doing. By Monday night I should be home.

StarryKnights StarryKnights Would you mind if MC was overprotective of YC? I think it'd make the RP more fun for the two of us, and it'll give my character more personality since I can only imagine my character as being overprotective of his little sister, hah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back