• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Misty Gray

Pessimisty
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

The Devil's Throne - Interest Check
1573316073218.png

The Devil's Throne - CS
The Devil's Throne - OOC

An alternative reality to ours... In the 18th century, the King and Queen reside in a palace situated in East Anglia, England. Strict and old-fashioned, it's difficult to believe the way the world moves around them. However, with the power to change anything in the country the moment they wish, they are the most powerful people in England. Employing many, including guards, servants and advisers, the family holds a great level of secrecy within the walls. Anyone found to break the vow of secrecy, or many other rules, could find themselves put to death without trial.

The King and Queen have three sons and three daughters. The eldest Prince, and heir to the throne, is a handsome young man, though cold and heartless by nature. He is due to marry the daughter of a Spanish noble, to help build relations and trade with Spain. Many, including his own siblings, fear what will happen when the cruel prince eventually becomes king.

Recently, things in the castle have been gradually becoming more unsettled than usual, following the execution of a young servant a week earlier. Tortured before been hung, she was accused of being evil and trying to corrupt the youngest princess, simply because she was of a poorer class.​

I'm giving this one more try...

So, this will be a realistic drama (though not historically accurate to our real world) and will remain focused within the palace walls and grounds. This will be heavy on characterisation, with twists, violence and probably a lot of misery!
  • 2+ paragraphs per post. Players must be able to post at least once per week.
  • I will only reserve characters when I've seen enough of an idea of the character you have in mind, so feel free to PM me or post some description if you do want to reserve a specific character.
  • The spots I have in mind are below, though I'm open to suggestions. I recommend playing the characters in green (family members or love interests) as these are the main characters, therefore will have more to do and be directly involved in the main plots.

** Check the CS thread for a list of available characters **

(If there's enough interest, I'll create a Discord server)

Last edited:
May be interested in Prince(ss) three or two. Just what a few questions on the world and the kingdoms enemies and allies.

Oooo, I think I applied for this as a lady in waiting. Then sadly it died before I got to post. Anyway, I'm interested, could I possibly be the Prince's Fiance? I had and idea for a strong personality, her FC would be Bruna Marquezine. And honestly, I'm not sure if she can be a princess from a different kingdom or if she has to be a from a high ranking noble family.

Last edited:
I'm interested in playing Prince 2 but I'm a little nervous because I've never done a group RP with this many roles/people before. 😰 So if you find someone else to fill that prince, that's okay!

I'm interested in playing princess 3. I'd also be happy playing one of the princes!

Last edited:
May be interested in Prince(ss) three or two. Just what a few questions on the world and the kingdoms enemies and allies.
What questions do you have?

• Main enemies are France and Spain. There is presently a somewhat fragile peace between England and France, with a new war often feared.
  • England is allied with Scotland and Wales, though the English have much control over the countries, able to limit their trade and imports should they find reason to. The pesky English!
  • Main allies: America, Canada, Australia, Portugal.

Much of this will be politics in the background, with the plot being focused more within the palace walls and the dramas/relationships within them. Not that such wide-scale relations won't be involved at times, especially with a temperamental prince likely to take the throne soon...

Oooo, I think I applied for this as a lady in waiting. Then sadly it died before I got to post. Anyway, I'm interested, could I possibly be the Prince's Fiance? I had and idea for a strong personality, her FC would be Bruna Marquezine. And honestly, I'm not sure if she can be a princess from a different kingdom or if she has to be a from a high ranking noble family.
If there's a political reason for the King to wish for his heir to marry someone from another kingdom, then I'm sure we can arrange that. Either way, she would have to bring some wealth and/or political benefit to England.

If there's a political reason for the King to wish for his heir to marry someone from another kingdom, then I'm sure we can arrange that. Either way, she would have to bring some wealth and/or political benefit to England.
Land, trade, easier access to certain materials, etc etc. I can PM you if that's easier, I have a few ideas.

Angry at poor people... 100% down for revisiting a character I never get to fully explore and play a peasant turned Royal Guard.

aaaah! i'm quite intrigued and i'd love to try for the eldest princess!
For the eldest princess, I'm thinking . . . she has to maintain a certain prestige and image that she comes off idle, gentle, quite composed? soft and tender-hearted? hmm.

she may seem uninterested in politics but she probably is very intrigued? maybe not as outspoken as her youngest sister [ from reading the cs so far] , but filial to her duty and is quite responsible?

i'm thinking she's actually quite maternal with her siblings? coming off a bit of a busybody? soft-spoken and demure?

i think. . . what would be interesting is that despite not being able to directly help the people of her kingdom . . . she writes literature? composes a book and maybe under a pen-name? this would seem quite treasonous or even rebellious if anyone were to find out? as it holds her most truest thoughts and opinions?

hmmm, i have an idea that she seems a bit like a dreamer? and despite caring for appearance and being feminine, she tends to do enough to pass by? i was thinking that since both the eldest prince and princess kinda set the "tone" for their younger siblings [ in terms of 'gender' roles and all of that funsies including with having that image as royals too ], with she's a bit of a romantic? maybe even wanted to encourage romance at a young age and all?

but, gotsta grow up and all after a bit ?

doesn't want to be manipulative, but in court, her hand could be forced? strength in kindness but also courage to take a stand? hmm.

Super interested in joining! I was thinking on going for the role of princess 2. I had this idea were the princess got sick a lot while growing up so everyone shelter her until she became alright, so she wants to be more independent and be on her own rather than have everyone take care of her. She would feel like she is the shadow of the other princess or might even think she is like the black sheep of the family for bot being able to be on her own.
If the role is already taken I can always make a love interest for the princes

aaaah! i'm quite intrigued and i'd love to try for the eldest princess!
For the eldest princess, I'm thinking . . . she has to maintain a certain prestige and image that she comes off idle, gentle, quite composed? soft and tender-hearted? hmm.

she may seem uninterested in politics but she probably is very intrigued? maybe not as outspoken as her youngest sister [ from reading the cs so far] , but filial to her duty and is quite responsible?

i'm thinking she's actually quite maternal with her siblings? coming off a bit of a busybody? soft-spoken and demure?

i think. . . what would be interesting is that despite not being able to directly help the people of her kingdom . . . she writes literature? composes a book and maybe under a pen-name? this would seem quite treasonous or even rebellious if anyone were to find out? as it holds her most truest thoughts and opinions?

hmmm, i have an idea that she seems a bit like a dreamer? and despite caring for appearance and being feminine, she tends to do enough to pass by? i was thinking that since both the eldest prince and princess kinda set the "tone" for their younger siblings [ in terms of 'gender' roles and all of that funsies including with having that image as royals too ], with she's a bit of a romantic? maybe even wanted to encourage romance at a young age and all?

but, gotsta grow up and all after a bit ?

doesn't want to be manipulative, but in court, her hand could be forced? strength in kindness but also courage to take a stand? hmm.
Great idea! And someone's got to be nice to those younger siblings...

I'll reserve the spot for you. :D

Super interested in joining! I was thinking on going for the role of princess 2. I had this idea were the princess got sick a lot while growing up so everyone shelter her until she became alright, so she wants to be more independent and be on her own rather than have everyone take care of her. She would feel like she is the shadow of the other princess or might even think she is like the black sheep of the family for bot being able to be on her own.
If the role is already taken I can always make a love interest for the princes
I've just caught up with the thread and it looks like all of our princesses are taken now. There is an open spot for Prince 2's love interest, if that's something you want to try?

Update: key role that are still available are Prince #2, Fiance to Princess #1, and various love interests. I've updated the first post of the CS thread to reflect this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back