• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Devil's Throne - IC [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Romeo picked at his food slowly, as the tension in the room gradually escalated. With almost all eyss on him, the young prince couldn't help but feel somewhat self-conscious as he ate.

All of this because I was late a few minutes. He thought begrudgingly.

Romeo kept his head low to block away the unwanted attention.

When he heard his name leave Elena's mouth his head shot up, and his eyes widened slightly in fear.

Shit.

Romeo proceeded to scan the kings face as Elena continued complaining about his lack of punishment for being late.

Once she finished he shot his baby sister the meanest look he could and in that moment, if looks could kill the princess would've died a gruesome death.

The prince was thinking of something to say to defend himself, but the King beat him to the punch. After a lengthy yell, his father sent the young princess to her room. He had never seen their father that angry.

But Romeo couldn't help but feel smug, seeing her so harshly reprimanded especially after she tried to get him in trouble.

Hector Ravenswood

Hector pushed the contents of his plate around with his fork. It was a bad, ill-mannered habit of his, one that often showed in tense situations.

And tense the dinner was. There was always some degree of ignominy; Hector had come to expect it whenever he set foot in the dining hall. Often the banter was between Christopher and the king, with the heir’s siblings adding a comment or two. Other times, it was Hector at the end of his father’s wrath, with a political view taken too far, or Elena, with her sharp tongue and sharper wit. Regardless of who it was, the banter was always present, despite the queen’s attempts to separate politics and mealtime. That was simply the way of their family, he supposed.

Not that it was particularly conducive to good cheer, as could plainly be seen. Even the most vocal of attendees looked as though they wished to be somewhere else, and Hector once again found himself wondering why their father insisted upon having these meetings. They seemed to do little but aggravate both the king and the heir. And with Christopher’s reign drawing ever closer, there was enough stress to go around.

Hector looked away from his plate as the doors were pushed open, and Rosalind entered. It seemed all took issue with the tardiness of her arrival, even with her apology. Hector himself didn’t mind; he himself had been late on many an occasion. Besides, with a fiancé as cold and apathetic as hers, could she really be blamed for a lack of direction? His family certainly seemed to think so.

The topic wasn’t pursued further, however, as Romeo trailed in soon after. Hector threw his brother a pitying smile, before turning to watch the king. It came as a surprise to him when his father gave little more than a passing comment to the young man. Christopher took notice too, or at least Hector thought he did. He made no mention of it, however, and then it clicked with the young prince: the king was trying to goad the heir, and it wasn’t working. Hector allowed a small, genuine smile at the thought.

The moment didn’t last long, as the king stood abruptly, red-faced. His voice echoed through the hall as he berated Elena, demanding she leave the hall.

All was silent whilst the king spoke, and only the queen dared to break it afterwords. Elena seemed shocked, Margaret tired, and Hector, for his part, was angry. His father had been stoking the flames of rage all night; the very idea that he was now attempting to silence his sister was outlandish. For the first time that night, Hector couldn’t help but add his voice to the fray.

“I daresay I agree with mother, my lord. You’re more at risk of interrupting your dinner than sister is.”

Mentions: Misty Gray Misty Gray Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Emotional Enigma Emotional Enigma ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion mkuchiha mkuchiha Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7
|Sorry if I’ve missed anyone|

Last edited:
Christopher Ravenswood
& King Robert Ravenswood

kinghenry-gif.416945

Robert glanced to his wife as she spoke up and berated everyone for speaking politics over the dinner table. This was then followed by Elena asking her mother if she should stay in the room. The man was about to repeat his words and tell her to leave, but he decided to once again change his mind - something he rarely did, unless there was a reason to it. "No, you can stay and finish the meal the servants have prepared for you." The King remained standing and pushed his chair underneath the table. It then became clear that the man himself was intending to exit the dining room. "But don't think any of you can be insolent towards me without consequences," he said, his eyes mostly setting upon Elena and Hector. The thought of his father retreating caused the smallest of smirks to creep onto Christopher's face, but that was soon wiped off by the older man's next words. "Christopher, come with me for a moment," he ordered. He left no room for argument as he stepped out into the corridor.

The Prince followed his father out of the dining room and into the unoccupied storeroom a few doors down. As the King closed the door behind them and turned to face him, he took a deep, almost struggled breath as he placed his hand to his chest. It wasn't the first time Christopher had noticed this, but he always chose not to speak of it and never to voice his concerns to anyone else. Even if he had a care or concern for the man's health, he would keep it to himself. He simply prayed some deadly illness was overcoming his father and it would do so quickly. "Will this take long? There is still food to be eaten and not wasted," he coldly asked.

"You will deal with Elena's punishment. You will also remind Hector of his manners," Robert informed him.

"Isn't spending dinner with the two of us punishment enough?" Christopher's voice was sarcastic, which did well to hide his reluctance. He didn't wish to be the one to punish his siblings, no matter how beneath him they were.

"Hold your tongue boy, or must you be reminded of how I can punish you? Do you still fear drowning?" he curiously asked.

***************​

A short time after leaving the room, only Christopher rejoined his family. His expression was cold and his eyes clearly hiding beneath them a deep fury. He looked to Elena for a short time before turning back to his food before his face could soften at all. "Let us finish our meal and then continue with our evenings," he suggested.

Unless anyone had other ideas, the meal would continue much more smoothly. The Prince remained silent as he finish his meal and alcohol. Everyone would then be permitted to leave the room and choose how they spent their evening. Christopher wouldn't rush to leave the table, wanting his siblings to leave before him.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Jocelyn, Krista) Bellz Bellz (Rosalind, Margaret) ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion (Elena) mkuchiha mkuchiha (Romeo) Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 (Alexander) Lost Lost (Hector)
((Feel free to leave the dining room now and let your characters interact elsewhere.))

BD07127C-A356-4DD8-8125-49E9FFFDEBA0.gif
Elena Ravenswood

As she spoke of Romeo being late, she felt his gaze burning through her. In a disgusted glare, she stared straight back at him. She was furious at how he was so easily dismissed for being late, yet anyone else that day had seemed to be screamed at. It was very unlike her father to do that, but to the next get mad at Rosalind and not Romeo? Where was the fairness in that- she supposed that there really wasn’t any fairness among the family in terms of expectations. Everyone’s expectations in her father’s mind fluctuated dramatically, evidently. The look Romeo gave her was almost as if he wanted her to drop dead right there, and quite frankly she wished she could. It wasn’t everyday that her sharp tongue was dropped in such a deadly poison that the whole table had become affected. But, she only had herself to blame.

Elena saw the whole table grow skittish as her father screamed, and she couldn’t help but continue to chew on the inside of her cheek until an iron tasting liquid tickled her taste buds. Momentarily closing her eyes, trying to calm her heart from the sudden shock, chest rising and falling rapidly. She really didn’t want time to continue, knowing that her punishment would soon arise. Why has she let her tongue slip so easily? Though, she knew that she would’ve continued had there been no punishment at all. Her father’s words had striked her with utmost disbelief, and she knew they would’ve played on her mind had she not mentioned anything further. In that respect, she was glad at least to have spoken up for herself, something she and her sibling should usually failed to find the bravery to do. Eyes flipped open at her other brother’s bravery, who too questioned her father. Perhaps the king’s rule shouldn’t have been so questionable as his kids seemed to be questioning him so often. She couldn’t help but smile in thanks, grateful that he was defending her at this time. It sent a rare warmth to her heart, knowing her siblings were sticking up for her although she had been so sharp tongued and cause the ruin of their dinner.

Upon having asked her mother if she’s could stay, she was surprised to hear her father answer, but then grew slightly irritated when he had answered for her mother, turning them back into a viscous, regimented cycle. This time, however, she kept her mouth tightly shut, eyes looking softly- she hoped- towards her father as she nodded, placing herself back into her seat and dipping her head to look at the food in front of her plate. “Thank you, father,” she managed to force through semi-clenched teeth, before listening to him talk about consequences, and feeling his gaze occasionally burn through her. There was no way she was going to look up and face his fiery eyes, especially knowing the mood she had put him in.

As he asked Christopher to leave with him for a few minutes, she took a deep gulp, fork pushing the food gently across her plate. Silence blanketed the room for a mere few seconds, she could hear her heart smacking against her chest. Why had her father taken Christopher out? Perhaps to question his attitude too? No doubt he would be punished more extremely for crossing father than the others and herself would. Not once until he entered the roommate again did she lift her gaze, intrigued as to why he had to leave. Her eyes were questioning as his looked at hers for a short time. Why was his expression so cold? Was he mad at her? Likely so, if she put their father in a bad mood and he took it out on her eldest brother. That much, again, wouldn’t be fair.

For the rest of the meal, Elena remained deadly silent, contemplating what punishment her father would have for her. She knew he wouldn’t be petty enough to do anything too serious, anything too damaging before his ball tomorrow, for then he’d have questions to answer to with his family and friends. Besides, surely her mother wouldn’t let a punishment too extreme occur? But then again, she wasn’t sure.

As everyone had seemed to be finished, Elena backed out of her chair reluctantly and took a deep inhale. Her gaze scanned the faces sat at the chair, and she felt them resting on Maggie, who seemed scared to death, then back to her hands that were softly clamped together at her stomach. Another, deep inhale, audible now. “I’d like to apologise to you all for ruining your dinner. I’d like to apologise for putting anyone in the crossfire. May you be blessed with better evenings,” Her Voice was loud now, but every now and again seemed shaky. Her teeth turned back to her cheek, now sore and tender. With a gentle nod, she stood and walked out towards the door, opening them hurriedly and walking out into the open, empty hallway. Her fingers loosened from their grips, and twitched as she walked towards the palace door towards the stables, and she felt herself beginning to run there as she got closer, ignoring everyone and anyone around.

As she stood into garden, she practically kicked her heels off, picking up the hem of her dress, and running into the stables to see Alistair. The feeling of mushy grass under her feet made her cringe, but the grass changed to hay quickly. And before she knew it, she had Alistair in a hug, his huge head held much above her own. “Alistair, my how I’ve missed you,” when mumbled, holding a hand on the side of his head whilst the other combed his grey mane. “I’m sorry I haven’t seen you in a while, things have been...hectic,” her head dropped as she turned to scratch his side lovingly. She adored her horse.

4631CD8D-1D3F-49D5-81AC-D7B7B1263210.gif

tumblr_mphjj7UWw51s498dco1_500.jpg

tumblr_obd65dRGeW1vyqofmo1_500.png
Upon hearing her mother's voice, she tensed up. Her mother had always terrified her more than her father. Mostly because she looked so sweet and quiet on the inside but Joyce knew that when her mother was truly irritated that she went off without a warning. The only tell that she had was pinching her nose and even then Jocelyn couldn't prepare herself. The hushed silence that followed her mother's words was frightening. She knew that she had acted outside of her normal self, but her past with new people was a complicated one.

Watching her father take Christopher and leave the room, causing her to release the breath she didn't even know she was holding. Her eyes, however, were on her mother. She was still standing, hands gripping the back of her chair. Krista's eyes were practically glued to the door when the two men left. Jocelyn couldn't help but wonder why she was looking the way she did. She had no idea of the past her elder brother held with her parents, but she knew it couldn't have been too much of a good one. But, then again, it was truly none of her business.

By the time her brother returned she was already finished with her meal. Despite what you may think about her small frame, she could eat. Just because there was tension, didn't mean she was going to stop. Drinking, however, is something she should have stopped doing but she couldn't help herself. She had lost count after about 7 cups and when she stood, she felt it. She cleared her throat to speak, but when Elena apologized and abruptly left the room, she sighed. Looking to her siblings and her mother she gave them a rare smile. "I'll check on her..." Before she left the room, she turned around. What could she do to make all of her siblings feel better, considering she had played a role in the tense dinner? With a very hesitant voice, she spoke. "You know, I think it would be quite nice for the royal children to have a sleepover... In my..." The last word was forced, yet genuine since she was a grown woman having sleepovers. "Chambers. Tonight should suffice, yes?" She nodded to them and connected eyes with her mother, who gave her a small nod. She was grateful that she was trying to make up for her earlier behavior, but it wouldn't save her from punishment later. It also wouldn't save her from getting a talking to about Rosalind, considering she noticed she didn't look at or address her.

By the time Jocelyn had made her way outside, Elena was already standing with Alistair in her arms. Placing her hands on her hips, she took a deep breath. She didn't know what she was going to say or how she was going to say it. "For a second, I thought we'd all explode or something in there." She told her, walking into a stall for her horse, Madeline. She was the smallest, yes but she made up for it with the fight that she had to compensate.

f9fd4527ab2e747c9992e6ba6aabc67b.jpg

Maxwell Tanner

1522015562407-png.417191
"Hey, well you scared me too!" Maxwell informed Arabella, though the friendly smile on his face showed he was just teasing. "I have dirt on my face?! The only time you should be surprised is when I don't have dirt on my face," he joked. He looked down to Jasmine and tickled the back of the dog's ears. He always felt lucky to be working with animals much of the time as they didn't judge him or intimidate him in the slightest. Animals were not corruptible.

"You're visiting home? Do be careful, Arabella. The streets can be unsafe and unpredictable," he warned her. "I won't tell anyone, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about letting you go!" When she invited him to join her, he quickly shook his head. "I'm afraid I can't leave. I have a busy day tomorrow and one I'm not excited about. The Prince has demanded my help within the palace during tomorrow's festivities. I'd hate to get off to a bad start by being late or sleepless. I could go for a strudel, though," he said, with a grin.

Arabella suddenly asked him if he missed where he came from. He wasn't sure he could give her the answer she sought, mostly because his answer wasn't what she might be expecting. "This is where I came from." he told her, outstretching his arms to symbolise the land around them. "My parents lived in the small farmhouse on the palace grounds. That's where I came from and where I lived for most of my life. My father died a couple of years ago and that's when I started living in the nearby shack... So, um, all I miss is my parents. I've never left this place for more than a few days at a time," he told her. "Judging by what you're doing this evening, you're missing home, right?" he asked her.

Maxwell heard others nearby and briefly looked outside, across to the stables housing the royals' personal horses. Seeing Jocelyn and Elena filled him with relief that there weren't any intruders, so he focused his attention back to Arabella.

Emotional Enigma Emotional Enigma (Arabella)

Rosalind Langston and Margaret Ravenswood
dabe9351014f7300224c9eb49b21866d.jpg
Rosalind had stayed incredibly silent as the family before her was seeming to work out its problems. Biting her lip softly, she looked down at the table as the King stood, requesting he speak with Christopher. Rosalind was curious to know what for as Christopher stood beside her and headed out of the room with the King. Everyone who had stayed behind in the dining room was silent. She looked over at Hector, who so boldly called out his father to the room before, wondering if he was as afraid of the King as his other siblings seemed to be. Rosalind had only spoken with him a handful of times, but his views actually mirrored a lot of her own on issues around the kingdom. She was starting to see why he was the only one to have those types of views. Rosalind had only taken small bites of her meal at a time, her appetite still gone from all the adrenaline that had been pumped through her veins due to the conflict.

When Christopher returned without the King, his expression was colder than it had been before, something was said that bothered him, she supposed. Raising a curious eyebrow his way, she watched him sit back down in his seat before the situation turned casual again, with him suggesting that they all finish their meals and continue on with their evenings. Eventually Rosalind could finally eat her own food, but barely stuck to eating half. Her head only lifted when she heard Elena speak once more. Her eyes watched as the girl apologized before quickly leaving the room. Rosalind had the strange urge to follow the girl, to see if she was alright, but she stayed seated watching as the others slowly began to leave as well. Jocelyn's comment about a sleepover in her chambers was clearly not pointed towards Rosalind in any fashion and the woman was not surprised. She was pleased that the siblings would spend time together though, even if she was excluded from it.

Once everyone was almost out of the dining room, Rosalind looked to Christopher. "I apologize once more, if my tardiness caused this dinner to turn sour." Pausing, she made eye contact for a moment before tacking on, "Your highness." To the end of her sentence. Her eyes went to where Elena had been. "I was outspoken like her, a long time ago. There is a time and a place now for it I suppose." Her nose scrunched up as she uttered those words, not one for following direction or keeping her mouth shut. A chair moved quickly and she watched as Maggie stumbled out of the room quickly.

Phoebe-Tonkin-Photoshoots-phoebe-tonkin-25652850-417-500.jpg

Maggie had finished her food before her family could capture her in another one of their screaming matches. She wasn't sure how many glasses of wine she had consumed in her nervous breakdown but she was left leaving the rest of her family behind, stumbling and shaking about. Maggie felt like she could breathe as she stepped through the exit of the dining room, she wasn't being suffocated by the anger and tension that constantly circled around her family. She was afraid for them all really, especially for Elena and Hector, who seemed to never be able to keep their mouths shut for their own sake. Maggie wanted the comfort of her horses right now, but she had been in there practically the entire day, she didn’t want to bother Maxwell any further, especially in her drunken state.

Instead Maggie ventured towards the library, wanting to sit down in front of the fire for a while and read a book…or perhaps fall asleep. Either sounded delightful at that moment in time. Holding onto one of the main pillars just outside of the dining room, she held herself steady as she looked down the long hallway. Taking a deep breath, she began dragging her legs towards the library, wondering if she was actually going to make it there before she would collapse from exhaustion.

Mentions: Misty Gray Misty Gray Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Emotional Enigma Emotional Enigma ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion mkuchiha mkuchiha Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Lost Lost (Open for interaction for Maggie :D )

Christopher Ravenswood
1522183027942.pngChristopher brought his wine glass to his lips as Elena began making her apology for her part in the disastrous dinner. Any words he could have spoken were held back as he swallowed the wine and didn't once pulled the drink away from his mouth. He couldn't accept her apology, but that wasn't really her fault. To accept her apology and then go on to punish her later would be wrong even by his own selective standards. He finally placed the wine back down on the table when his youngest sister left. His attention was then grabbed by Jocelyn as she invited their siblings to a sleepover in her chamber. As he didn't fit into the happy circle of siblings, he didn't believe the gesture extended to him so he didn't respond to her offer.

When Rosalind addressed him and apologised for being late, he looked to her with an empty expression as he thought over her words. His reflex reaction would be to make a snide remark or belittle her for being unable to make it to dinner on time, but his natural instinct didn't kick in this time. Perhaps his siblings rejecting her could work in his favour and she would find common ground with him. Could she ever accept him for his coldness and cruelty? "I should have been there to escort you to dinner on time," he admitted. "Dinner tends to be a sour affair, so this would have happened even if you'd arrived on time."

Christopher watched as Maggie stumbled out of the room. She did a good job at keeping out of the arguments and holding her tongue, but even avoiding the family's confrontations seemed to take its toll. He turned back to Rosalind and sighed. "Elena's mouth will be the ruin of her. She will have to learn to control it sooner rather than later."

The Prince got up from his seat and looked down to Rosalind. "Let us walk for a short while," he suggested, though it didn't sound like there was the option of refusal. For now, he needed time to think and decide how he would approach his father's latest orders. "You've been here long enough to see some of the palace and its grounds. Take me to your favourite part," he asked his fiancee.

Bellz Bellz (Rosalind)
Mention: ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion (Elena) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Jocelyn)

4428B641-9FDE-44CC-BE85-2B3E6B90428C.gif
Elena Ravenswood

Elena knew her apology hadn’t gone down very well when everyone stayed silent, and she had to leave tail between her legs. Christopher avoided eye contact, Rosalind looked up at her in an almost sympathetic manner, Maggie was still shaky, and Jocelyn had sighed, though she couldn’t determine what emotion that had stemmed from, but by the time she had walked out of the room, she had no time to contemplate why her family had the reactions they did. All she could do on her way out was clench her teeth and clack her heels angrily. It seemed she would now have to take a habit out of it rather than voicing her opinion because her opinion was so extremely invalid, not only because she was wrong, but because it would be her future husband’s duty to voice opinions. What would happen if she refused an arrangement? Would she be dragged down the aisle? The mere thought made her lips part to make way for a chuckle of disbelief. Perhaps being married off would’ve been better than staying in this hell hole anyway.

As she approached the stables stealthily, as to not wake or disturb other workers, she stepped her bare feet into the soft feet, her toes squelching as her weight pushed her a few inches deep in the sludge, her hem avoiding it as she lifted her dress to knee height. Tonight would’ve made for a nice walk in the palace at least, with the stars glistening and the full moon glaring like a sympathetic eye. Standing still and simply staring up at the sky, she exhaled deeply, then took a deep inhale. Right foot driving forward, she slashed the mud in front of her so that it sprayed in the direction in front of her. “Why’ve you got to be so stupid,” she muttered to herself in disgust, angry at the lack of filter she had the whole night. Now she was going to be in deep trouble, and she didn’t want to take the brunt of the punishment. “Why can’t you keep your damn mouth shut, Elena? It’s not particularly hard.” Her first accusatory thought was to pin it on the alcohol, but she was sure most of it was out of her system. It was definitely an attitude problem.

Approaching the stables, she started to feel the hay glaze her feet, sharp parts scratching across her feet, and every now and again, she’d have to shake her feet in disgust, until she saw a large, grey head swinging over a stable door. A grin twisted on her red-painted lips as she rushed towards it, leaning her forward against his as he dipped his head, as if in greeting. Her hands stroked the sides of his jaw. In that moment, she felt tears attempt to escape, but she fought hard to keep them back. After all, it was all her own doing, so she couldn’t pity herself after causing her own pain. She couldn’t cry if she’d inflicted it upon herself. Repeatedly apologise to her horse, climbing over the gate and standing with the horse, she began to get his saddle ready, the weight of it collapsing suddenly in her hands. But, she soon, with a jump, managed to get it atop the very large stallion, who stifled a large exhale as the weight landed on his back.

But, hearing a softer exhale, Elena shifted to see Jocelyn with her hands on her hips. The youngest princess couldn’t help the joyous grin peeling her lips apart at her sister’s arrival. She was more than grateful to see her, stood in front of her, and not abandoning her. For that, she would be forever grateful. Siblings really were a blessing, despite the many times she wished she didn’t have any. “Father certainly did,” Elena found herself grimacing slightly, “Did she see how red his face went?” She added, cheeks filling with air as she withheld laughter. “I ought to stop questioning father, if only his views weren’t so questionable,” she muttered, conscious that someone would be listening, although she knew they wouldn’t. “Right now would be the utmost best time for wine, wouldn’t you agree, Jocelyn?” Elena spoke openly, watching as Joce saw to Madeline. She couldn’t help but admire how Madeline’s coat had become so glossy and beautiful. Her eyes grew curious for a moment. “Do you think father will marry you with someone nice?” The words splurted out before she could think about it, but the thought was playing around her mind as she opened the gate.

With great difficultly, she leaned on the barrier of the fence, taking several attempts to climb onto Alistair, stroking the side of his hair as she eased him forwards. “Where shall we go?...watch the knights train across the river? Or is that much too risky?” The thought of watching the young men fight made her giggle childishly. Though, she had watched once or twice before.

Bellz Bellz Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Misty Gray Misty Gray

Rosalind Langston
Adelaide-Kane-in-Reign.jpg
The young woman was taken aback by the Prince's response to her words, she knew him well enough by now that she expected there to be some sort of snarky remark shot her way, but when he instead admitted that he should have been there to escort her and that the dinner would have been sour even if she'd arrived on time, it sent her into silence. Shock took over her for a moment as she wondered what had changed in the short dinner they had together with the rest of the family. Rosalind thought the dinner had gone absolutely terrible, considering that she was the outcast of the bunch.

Christopher's words about Elena worried her, they sounded...promising. As if the man had something he had in store for the young princess. Rosalind wished deeply to help the poor girl through this, as it wasn't her entire fault that she was so outspoken, it was part of the territory in understanding her place in the world. Rosalind had a difficult time at her age as well, never really listening to what her father wanted and just danced to the beat of her own drum. Looking around the now empty dining room, she wondered where that behavior had gotten her now, she couldn't help but feel that she was being punished for the grief she had caused her parents growing up. She hoped a better life for the young princess, looking over at Christopher, she wondered if she would be able to see past his ways. Watching as he got up from his seat, he requested a walk with her, to which she was almost sure she couldn't refuse. Standing from her seat slowly, she nodded her head, ready to walk wherever he wanted to lead her, however, she was once again shocked into silence as he suggested she take him to her favorite place around the palace. It was no question what part of the Palace was her favorite. A light smile appeared on her lips. "As you wish." She told him softly before leading the way towards the gardens.

"I may be considered quite boring compared to what others may consider their favorite part...but I've always had a connection to one place in particular." Rosalind hadn't talked to the man this much since she arrived here. It was odd to speak with him, walk with him and show him her favorite place as if they hadn't been avoiding what they were meant to be all along. The walk there had been quiet but not uncomfortably so, her shoes clicked against the tile as they finally made their way outside into the gardens. "My favorite place," She informed him, but specifically pointed out the large tree she had been climbing earlier. "That tree especially..."

this will be my last post till after I get off of work tonight :( stupid work

Christopher Ravenswood
1522183027942-png.418051
Christopher was in a way relieved when Rosalind took him outside and seemed to be leading towards the gardens. After the events around dinner, he was grateful to be out of the palace for now, where he could breathe and have some space from the constant presence of others. There was always someone watching him inside the palace, be it family, advisers or guards. He had his own personal guards but a few months back he'd firmly rejected having them follow his every move. They now knew to keep their distance unless he called for otherwise.

When they reached the gardens, he turned his head to look at Rosalind as she claimed her favourite part could make her seem boring. He then looked to the tree when she specifically pointed it out. "I happen to be quite fond of the gardens myself, with the hedge maze being the highlight. I know the maze like the back of my hand, as well as the secret passageways and hideouts. It's the best place to go to escape everyone else." His voice remained flat, making it sound like everyone was beneath him and wasting the oxygen around him. In many cases, that was the truth of it. Beneath it all, it was more than that. His father still didn't know of those hiding spots Christopher had made within the maze as a boy, with Willard's help. The maze had been his escape on a few occasions. "If you see the aged gardener when you visit the gardens, you can speak freely with him. Willard is a good man," he assured her. Of all the staff and servants, the gardener was the most universally liked by everyone and as such exempt from the servant/royal divide.

"Whilst I regret you had to sit through that, I will not apologise on behalf of any of my family for the way they just treated you," he bluntly told her as he turned so he was standing directly opposite and facing her. "I will make sure they learn their places in all of this. When we are married and I'm King, they will have no choice but to respect you."

Bellz Bellz (Rosalind)

Alexander Rotinya Krow
1522239146899.png
Alexander watched quietly as the king raised his voice at dinner and stood from his seat. It was a rare sighting to see the king this upset, at least at dinner, but no one could say it never happened. It was rare, but if the king found it necessary to yell during dinner, it was because someone had been hitting a nerve for a little too long.

As the Arguments settled everyone actually seemed to settle down to eat, of course, the king now absent from the table. Alexander took a breath of relief. Dinner could have gone much better, but it could have gone much, much worse as well. As everyone got up and began to leave he smiled. At least this part of the day was over and done with. He hoped everyone could find a way to relax before tomorrow, it would be a tragedy if everyone woke up still upset.

When the room began to clear out he looked down at his watch, he still had some minor duties to attend to before heading to bed for the night, but nothing that would take much time or be physically exhausting. He looked around the room, seeing who all had left and who was still here. His eyes landing on Cassandra, he was a bit surprised that she had not left already, but maybe she also had some time to kill before finishing her duties for the day. He walked slowly, taking his time with each step it took to walk over to her. "Well, dinner went," Alexander spoke up when he was still a few steps away. "Well, it's over now." He let out a soft sigh, he did hope Cassandra wasn't too distraught over how dinner went. "It could have gone better, but it could have been much worse as well." He smiled, trying to stay a bit optimistic about the situation, he knew how she worried about the royal children.

-------------------- Interactions --------------------
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Cassandra Summers

untitled-png.415098
Cassandra stood in silence as the family had continued to argue. Her eyes were fixed somewhere between the large glass mirror and the painting of Robert's late father as she tried to avoid looking directly at any of the living royals. They all presented themselves as a cause for concern. The King had never shown such anger in front of his family, especially not around the dinner table. The Queen was trying her hardest to keep everything under control, having to berate her husband and children alike. Christopher was Christopher, though surprisingly not spitting venom at his siblings and instead taunting the King. Poor Rosalind must have been frightened and awkward thrown into the middle of the chaos, so Cassandra would be sure to speak to her at some point.

Cassandra sighed as she watched Margaret rush out of the room. The middle princess had always been quieter and less confrontational, so she was more than likely upset by the whole affair. Regardless, it was Elena who Cassandra was the most concerned about. The girl had been unable to hold her tongue and it was clear she had pushed the King too far. Though she was young, it was a given that she would still be punished in some way. The fact no punishment had been dealt before everyone had left only made Cassandra anxious as to what it could be.

As the family cleared out of the room, Cassandra found herself still standing there as she decided to give everyone a head start on parting ways. The last thing she wanted was to witness any further arguments that evening. Her attention was then drawn to the male voice addressing her. Lost in her thoughts, she'd almost forgotten Alexander was still inside the dining room. She looked to the Master of Security as he spoke about dinner. She shook her head and rolled her eyes in exasperation at the whole thing. Still, she managed to return the man's smile. "Sometimes I wish I could bang all of their heads together," she lightly remarked. "Still, at least none of the staff were given any grief this time," she reasoned. "His Majesty didn't seem himself, but it may just be the stress of tomorrow's arrangements... I do hope everyone has calmed down in time for the festivities. I think we'll have our work cut out tomorrow."

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 (Alexander)

Seeing that her sister was at least okay brought great relief to Jocelyn. Even though she was this cold-hearted person didn't mean that she didn't care about others. Well, others that didn't irritate her and had the same blood. Watching her sister laugh brought a smile on her face and she shook her head. "You honestly should stop vexing the old man." She told her as she began to saddle up her horse. This part she didn't mind doing herself; technically speaking, she didn't mind doing a lot of things by herself. Servants were just always doing it and she just didn't say anything about it. "But, if you do have a question ask him in private. Or, at least with mother present. He's a man and not just any man, but King. He hates being questioned in front of people." She said speaking from experience. Giving her a stern look at the mention of wine, she shook her head. "You shouldn't even be drinking wine!" She said it with a laugh as she finished her horse. Her laugh ended rather abruptly when her sister mentioned her own future marriage. With a deep sigh, she shook her head. "Father will marry me off to whomever will benefit him the most, if I'm being honest." She mumbled quietly to herself, "Just like a king to do.."

Returning her attention to Madeline, she finished setting her up and mounted her, with no care of her dress. At the mention of something to do, she smiled. Watching knights train, she thought to herself. "That is actually a really good idea. I hear some of them train with their shirts off." She rode next to her sister and gave her a mischievous look and smile. "Tell me, dear sister, have you ever seen a shirtless knight glistening with sweat?"

Mentions Elena( ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion )

Rosalind Langston
Rosalind was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Prince was fond of the gardens as well, giving them some common ground, at least for the moment. A small smirk appeared on her lips as he mentioned the hedge maze and stated that it was the perfect place to escape everyone. The flatness of his voice didn't faze her like it probably would others, she had been around long enough to know that it was just the way he talked about others. "Escape hmmm? Sounds lovely." Rosalind often wished to escape from the crowds of people and the center of attention often...maybe this was another thing they had in common. The brunette watched the Prince as he continued on he spoke of an aged gardener named Willard, and gave her the go ahead to speak freely with him. Hearing Christopher speak so kindly about another person was a bit of a shock, considering normally he didn't have anything nice to say about others, at least while she was around.

The light subject of the only man who seemed to have the kindness of the Dark Prince turned into something more when Christopher brought up his family. His whole demeanor changed within a second and he was standing directly in front of her. Listening intently, she could hear the way he spoke about making them all see their place in this. Despite the effort he seemed to be making to show his family that she was someone worth respecting (at least that's what she assumed), she hoped he wouldn't force them with extreme effort. Rosalind was a strong girl, often not even batting an eye at criticism from others, the way his family treated her was expected from words told to her from her servants. "Well...thank you." She said slowly, wondering what to say to such words. Her brows scrunched together a moment in deep thought, her eyes looked up and caught his a moment. She stared for a second before she had to break away, "I hope eventually, they will see that I am not a threat." Rosalind referred to Jocelyn, who had been cold with her from the start.

07E452F3-650A-4ACF-AB44-9D79393772BF.gif
Elena Ravenswood

Elena felt her smile falter slightly when Jocelyn spoke of the king. But, she knew, although she’d hate to admit it, that she did have to stop questioning her father and seemingly belittling him in front of others. It would only lead her down a deep and cavernous path of self destruction and a difficult future. Perhaps she should apologise to him...but she knew that the apology wouldn’t alter his mind about punishment, and she didn’t want to comprehend what would happen if he didn’t accept her apology. The though made her gulp deeply. “I know, but I can’t help it. You hear the things he says, Jocelyn.” With a deep sigh, she spoke up again, “He won’t listen unless it’s in front of the family, but I shan’t be ever questioning him again. That was scary,” with a tight smile, she tightened the buckles on the saddle, slowly and gently crouching to Alistair’s underbelly to make sure the saddle wasn’t to tight on his back and belly. After ensuring that it wasnt, she petted his back, listening as Jocelyn speak.

“Everyone seems to drink wine when stressed, I thought it’d only be fitting to suggest it.” Elena grinned, glancing at her sister as she received a stern look. That was Jocelyn and Christopher now, so she knew that it was wrong. The pit in her stomach, filled with guilt and nausea seemed to agree. Desperately. Though, she did feel glad to have made her sister laugh at least. The mood was lifting from the tense and musty air from the dining room to a light and playful one. One that was comfortable to be in- something new in the kingdom. A place where she felt she could relax, and be at peace with herself. Alistair huffed in annoyance as Elena found herself lost in thought, hanging onto the handle slightly of the saddle. “Oo! I’m sorry, boy,” she whispered, scratching the spot behind his ear apologetically, jumping onto the saddle after easing herself onto the fence.

As Joce replied about marriage, Elena felt her expression sour. “It isn’t fair.” She shook her head in disgust. “But that’s the way the world turns, I suppose. The king’s Word is law. A woman’s opinion is irrelevant, so no matter what happens, we will all eventually be sent off like letters, to various kingdoms and palaces.” Elena felt her eyes grow slightly angry again, but tried to suppress it. “At least we will have the reassurance knowing that our husbands will be of higher class, and that we will at least be treated somewhat well...hopefully,” To be quite frank, Elena wasn’t bothered that they’d be rich, but it did help the situation if they didn’t get on with their future spouses. “All I can do is wish you good luck,”

“Oh God! We can only hope!” Elena grinned, glancing excitedly at her sister, giggles peeling from her lips as she began to lead Alistair out of the barns by pulling his reigns as she sat atop him. As they went outside, and across the large pond, the knights were training, and Elena found herself stopping abruptly. Alistair trotted left to right before settling to stand in a still stance, as Elena turned to her sister. Cheeks blazing red, she found herself lost for words as they swung swords in the far side of the gardens. Lifting a hand, letting her cheeks cool, she waved a delicate hand in their direction. “Goodness, they’re magnificent,” she felt herself gasping as she whispered to her sister. “I wouldn’t mind father matching me up with someone who looked that handsome,” Elena remarked, though she knew they would go for Jocelyn and not herself. Her age wasn’t yet old enough to be courting.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Alexander Rotinya Krow
1522353701890.png
As Cassandra spoke about the royal family's actions tonight and what she'd like to do to them, Alexander chuckled light-heartedly a bit. " I understand what you mean." He sighed, taking a second to look around the room at the staff who had begun cleaning up. He quickly brought his attention back to Cassandra, not wanting to seem like he wasn't listening. "You'd think by now they could at least go through one dinner without an argument or debate of some sort, but sadly it doesn't seem like there mature enough." He paused taking a short breath. "That or they enjoy getting on each other's nerves, even if it makes their lives hell at times" "Yes, at least the staff were all okay and left out of the argument tonight. Hopefully, they can get some time to distress and relax before tomorrow though. It's not only them, but everyone seems on end after the events that happened today."

Alexander paused once again, thinking about what Cassandra was saying about the king. "You're right though. The Lord's actions did seem a bit off tonight. I do hope he is alright." Alexander didn't want to think about it too much, the thought that something was wrong with the king always made him a bit anxious. "We better be on watch tomorrow, make sure everything is set and be ready for whatever may come. Make sure the King is relaxing and enjoying himself, rather than stressing over the little things." Alexander gave a hopeful smile. The king certainly didn't need the extra stress or agitation from something going wrong and he despicable hoped the royal children would be on their best behavior.

"Though, maybe we should give some of the royal children an extra lesson in manners before the festivities tomorrow." Alexander and gave a warm smile, it was clear from his tone that he didn't mean anything too serious from it. He was clearly just trying to keep the mood light-hearted instead of it becoming too serious.

-------------------- Interactions --------------------
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Picture2.jpg
Arabella regretfully nodded at Maxwell, "A strudel, I can do, but you should think about leaving the grounds some time Max." Her smile all but faded as the moonlight grazed her prominent cheek bones, "There's a whole world out there your family didn't see. I'm sure they'd want you to," She felt almost sympathetic to Maxwell for him having lived on the grounds for so long, generation after generation. Her mother wouldn't have survived on the grounds; she'd kill herself before allowing the royal family to determine the fate of her life.
But Arabella gave one last tug on the saddle to assure it was secure and then threw one foot through the stirrup and hoisted herself over Zeus's back. She landed comfortably in the saddle,
"Max, watch over Jasmine for me, okay? Surely she'll be lonely without Zeus in his stable," She chuckled as the dog still sniffed at Maxwell, clearly having taken a liking to him. As the clouds hugged the moon, Zeus reared his head around and finally, they took off. Finally, no more hesitation, no more longing, no more fear.
Arabella and Zeus trotted out the back entrance of the castle gates, as they had been opened for the parking of carriages for the banquet. She strolled by servants asleep in the carriages awaiting their master's call. What a lonely life it was to live for the sake of someone else; someone who barely noticed your existence. Zeus's hooves crunched on the pavement loudly among the hush of rustling trees. Arabella could tell her fingers would surely be numb after the trip but her determination didn't waver. She deserved this, or at least that's what she told herself. The way to town was a short, winding path through tall trees and wooded sanctuaries. It sounded as if the fairies themselves were whispering to her with sweet memories of day time. Arabella couldn't remember when she came out this far last, or even if she had taken the time to appreciate the blissful nature of the woods when she first came to the castle on her own. Three years ago she was humbly accepted to the castle; it seemed like so long ago.
As Zeus neared town, she could see houses still alight with candle chandeliers and laughter. Zeus carried her through town, people were still bustling around bars and brothels in colorful clothing. Women stood on the sides of the road enticing lonely travelers into large buildings and men sang show tunes merrily inside the bars seemingly unaware. Arabella had missed the town, but found herself feeling like an outsider. She rode by store windows now dark with closure; watches, hats, canes, dresses, necklaces. She had never own such beautiful items but her bias was evident when she wanted to scoff and complain that the castle had much prettier pieces. She gently caressed the pearl necklace around her neck, the only piece of jewelry she owned.
After getting through town, clearly alive in the wee hours of the night, it was a straight shot home. Arabella rode for a short while in silence, the only sound night owls' calls and the gentle chirp of crickets. The place she called home shown up on a hill top in the distance, light shining past it's wooden roof. Arabella strode up on the big home and stabled Zeus in the backyard shed with four other brown horses. Before she even made it all the way the front porch steps, the front door swung open and big, burly man in a dirt, stained shirt stood there. He took a deep breathe and then,
"BELLA!" Arabella winced at the booming sound of her father's voice, "YOU'RE HOME!" He took giant, thundering steps towards as she reached the last step to the porch. He picked her up into a suffocating bear hug and shook her, "Your mother is going to be so happy to see you! Have you been eating and sleeping alright?! None of them greasing boys been touchin' you, right? I have an axe in the back and I'm sure none of them know a axe lip from an end knob."
"Dad--" Arabella squirmed uncomfortably, "You're hurting me." She thought her head would explode before her dad finally dropped her but alas, he did let go and gave her a hearty slap on the back,
"Oh, I'm sorry Princess, I forget you're not as big as I was at your age," He smiled under a thick, dark beard, "Well, come inside! What are we doing out here, your mom has a pot of jambalaya on the stove," As the two entered the big home, the wafting smell of roast beef and vegetables filled her nostrils. She was alive with happiness, something she hadn't felt in a long time. The house was lit with life and autumn decorations were hung up all around. They entered through the living room and into the kitchen where a small, frail woman was stirring a large pot on the stove. Arabella's heart began to sink even before the woman turned around. The woman had dark circles under her eyes and protruding cheekbones. Her hair was tied up into a bun on top of her head in a white, whispy heap,
"Sweetheart! I thought I heard your father say you wee home." Her lips curled into a fruitful smile, "Take a seat Gabriella, dinner is almost done." Arabella bit back tears and nodded. Her father tried to usher her to the table but she raised a hand and whispered, "I'm okay".
She took a seat at their oak table, her father sitting across from her, as her mother turned around abruptly,
"Oh, Gabriella, I forgot to check on your sister. I'll be right back." She shuffled out of the room carefully and down into a hallway. Arabella took this moment to allow a tear to fall from er dark eyes. Her father touched a hand to her shoulder but it did little to comfort her,
"I thought she was doing better. I thought she was okay. What happened?" Her voice cracked as more tears started to fall. Her father interlocked her fingers on the table, debating what to say,
"Princess, I tried to send for you," He shook his head, "I sent you letters, but they all were sent back. None of them made it into the castle." He stood up from the table and poured tea into two small, porcelain cups and returned to the table, setting one in front of her, "Your mother's doctor, he moved away--"
"How far?" Arabella almost didn't want to listen because no matter what he said, it all added up to the same thing; mother was dying.
"--He moved away a little past Oakvale."
"That's a two day ride from here!" She sounded hurt and angry. She was hurt and angry. It felt like her mother had just been forgotten or she didn't matter. Her whole world was on the line and no one was helping her. She knew how silly that sounded, for everyone to stop their day to cater to her, but she couldn't help but feel the anguish of the moment.
"I know baby," He patted her hand, "We haven't been able to make the trips in your mom's condition and I can't leave the farm unattended, so your mom's condition has--" He paused, looking away from Arabella, "--worsened. A local doctor traveling through town took a look at her and said she'd have only a year left, if she was lucky."
"Lucky?! That's what we call lucky - a year?!" Arabella could feel herself losing control of not just herself, but everything. This thin layer of reality she had come to know was quickly shattering, "Dad, we have to do better, a year can't honestly be the best we can do." Her cheeks were pink with anger and raw skin from rubbing away her tears, "Did you tell her? Does she know anything?"
Her father nodded solemnly, "I told every day for six months, but it doesn't change anything Princess, she forgets it again in the morning. Every day is as if the day before never happened." He sighed watching his daughter emotionally falter, "I keep a hay bale in your bed, it helps her get through the day to still think you and your sister are still here." Arabella's heart broke but she swatted the tears away her mother re-entered the room. She walked to the table and kissed her father on the cheek,
"Goodnight hunny, make sure you check the cattle before locking up," She then moved to Arabella and did the same sweet kiss to her cheek, "Goodnight Gabriella, make sure you take a bath and help your father tonight," She smiled, wrinkles creasing around her mouth and eyes. She then shuffled back down the hallway and out of sight. They sat there in silence a moment, pain searing into Arabella's chest. She stood up, mustering all the strength she had and swallowed the rest of her tears. Her father stood with her and walked her to the door, "Stay here," He said lowly, and it made her look at him dramatically, "Stay here with us, be here for her last few months. She needs us, Princess." He looked at her with pleading eyes. She wanted to give up on everything and say yes. She wanted to hold her mother's hand and reminisce on growing up at home with her and cook dinners with her. She wanted to stay home but,
"I can't, dad," She shook her head as they neared the door, "I can't stay here and watch her die," Her voice cracked again but she bit back the tears once more, "I'm going to fix this," She crossed her arms, not able to remember when she could feel her fingers again but knowing they'd freeze soon.
"Princess, it's too late-"
"I'm going to fix, dad. And when I do, I'll come back and she'll be better." She sniffled, fighting her now runny nose. Her father said nothing but smiled and nodded,
"Okay sweetheart, we'll be here waiting for you." He took her hands in his bear paws, "But come back more often. I don't know how much longer she can wait."
They exchanged hugs, tears, and goodbyes and then Arabella was off again down the path. She wrapped the blanket she had taken with her, around her shoulders and rode Zeus back through town. The moon had been replaced with an orange light and the town was finally asleep. Arabella's face was pink and cold from the wetness of her tears and chill of the wind. Soon, it'd be warm again in the midday and she'd forget the coldness she had felt.
The castle back gates were still open, as one last carriage pulled away. She slipped in and stabled Zeus, but the whole thing happened in a such way she wasn't even paying attention. She didn't remember taking off Zeus's saddle or petting Jasmine or even making it into the castle. She woke up in her bed a few hours later and to her surprise, her right ankle was throbbing. She figured it was from a poor dismount off of Zeus, but she couldn't find the energy to care about it or the fact she fell asleep in her riding clothes.

Interaction: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Christopher Ravenswood
1522183027942-png.418051

Christopher smirked when Rosalind said she hoped his siblings would eventually stop seeing her as a threat. "You shouldn't concern yourself with what they think. Still, the one who everyone sees as a threat around here is me. I can only warn you that stance won't improve any time soon." Christopher knew at least one of his siblings would be cursing him even more soon. He was aware Elena and Jocelyn had headed to tend to their horses after dinner. Admittedly, he was stalling to at least give Elena a little joy before he had to follow through with the girl's punishment. "They've all had easier lives, so when they don't get one thing they want, they can't handle it. When I'm King, the tables will be turned."

"Look, Rosalind," he said, letting out an impatient sigh. "I know you don't like this whole arrangement, but we will become husband and wife. There is little choice in that matter," he bluntly told her. "Against my better judgement, I feel we should at least know more about each other and find out if there's anything we can share to make your future more tolerable here. What are your skills and other interests?" he asked her.

Bellz Bellz (Rosalind)

Cassandra Summers

untitled-png.415098
Cassandra couldn't help but chuckle as Alexander spoke of the family's inability to get through dinner without an argument. "I don't know about you, but I remember the days when dinner was peaceful. The worst I had to worry about was one of the children knocking the spoon out of my hand as I tried to feed them. When they were little, dinner was a surprisingly calmer affair," she noted. The only screaming and crying that occurred then was because the royal children were little and babies crying was normal. "Perhaps we need to swap them for some little ones!" she joked.

"Unfortunately, I think sometimes they do enjoy getting on each others' nerves. Christopher certainly revels in watching those around him squirm."

Cassandra sighed as she thought of the King's actions earlier. It was certainly unlike him and she only hoped it was purely the stress of the upcoming celebrations. "You're quite right. He needs to enjoy his birthday. I'm to attend the festivities as a guest, but I intend on making sure everything still runs smoothly. I don't want to leave the others to struggle whilst I only have fun," she told him. "I've been called a masochist on occasion, because I don't even need to be here, in this madness," she lightly told him. It was true, her father's entire estate belonged to her now, but she chose to remain within the palace. For all the stress and worries, it was a less lonely life serving the royal family. "I guess they're right. I secretly like being here," she admitted, with a playful wink.

"As for manners. I think they all need to start attending my etiquette classes again - the older ones included!"

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 (Alexander)

Rosalind Langston
Today seemed to be full of surprises as Christopher addressed the elephant in the room. Rosalind didn't like this arrangement, but not for the reason of being pair with Christopher. She would just rather have the freedom to choose him herself. Her eyes found his as he stated that getting to know each other's common interests would help make her future more tolerable. Rosalind kept her mouth shut, but knew she wanted her future to be much more than just that. She hoped at some point in the lifetime she would have here that the relationship that they developed would be more natural than what it was now. He was trying, that was what Rosalind could hope for. "To be fair, I'm sure this arrangement isn't what you wanted either." She added in there, wondering if she had misjudged his feeling on this. Rumors around the palace weren't taken lightly, she had heard about the prince's past with love from more than one source.

"Skills, well the ones I didn't voluntarily pick up were playing the violin and piano. My father always adored music, so he forced me through lessons as a young girl. I enjoy drawing and painting, which I've self taught myself to do, and I don't display my work often. I also love Archery." Rosalind wondered if she was boring, she sounded boring to herself, her interests couldn't mean anything to a man whose life was like this. "As a girl, I often got in trouble for adventuring outdoors and getting all my outfits filthy... Her cheeks turned pink as she remembered having passed him in the hallway headed towards her room earlier, with mud and wet grass clinging to her gown. "But I like to venture around, climb trees, lay in the middle of a field." The brunette felt now she had spoken too much about herself and fell into silence as she clasped her hands in front of her and looked down at the ground.

Christopher Ravenswood
& Maxwell Tanner

526full-jonathan-rhys-meyers.jpg"In an ideal world, this arrangement would not be happening and I would be permitted to choose my own wife. However, this is life and we have little say in the matter," Christopher told Rosalind. "I once thought I could fight our parents' choices, but here we both are now, so clearly I believed wrong."

When Rosalind went on to tell him about her skills and interests, Christopher pulled a disapproving expression. However, the cause of such a reaction wasn't what she would assume. The fact of the matter was, she'd already pinpointed two things they had in common. Now it seemed there was room for compromise and that they could perhaps find common ground in their interests. He would have to make the effort. "It seems that we might have one or two things that could help us to tolerate each other." His serious expression faltered very briefly as he flashed her an awkward smile. "I too am skilled at playing the piano, as well as the guitar. I'm also skilled and fond of archery," he told her. "I think it would be appropriate for us both to practice our archery skills together. How else will we possibly be able to tolerate each other?" he asked, a hint in his voice that he was in fact mocking his own choice of word. To poke fun at himself just about never happened.

Christopher was about to comment on how he thought a lady shouldn't spend her time rolling in dirt and climbing trees, but he didn't get the chance as two of his personal guards approached the couple. "Your Highness," the guard cautiously spoke. "The King wishes for me to leave now, before-" he began.

"Both of you go find the farmer - the one who works in the stables - and bring him to the royal stables," he said. He knew Maxwell's name, but he wasn't going to ask for him by name. Christopher then turned to Rosalind and sighed. He figured she may as well accompany him rather than have her return indoors by herself and get lost again. "Walk with me, Rosalind."

1522015562407-png.417191
As he reached the royal stables, Christopher saw Elena tending to her favourite horse, Alistair. Jocelyn was present too, giving attention her horse, Madeline. "Elena, are you quite finished?" he asked her. He then used his hand to beckon her to move closer to him and away from her horse. At least she'd been able to spend some time with the animal before now. He looked over his shoulder as he saw a confused and worried looking Maxwell approaching with the two guards close behind him. Once Maxwell was standing close enough, Christopher pointed to Alistair. "Check that horse is correctly saddled and ready to be ridden," he ordered him. The Prince then looked to Elena, his face cold and void of any emotion he could be feeling. "As punishment for your earlier behaviour, your horse is to be taken away and given to one of the noble families as a gift. You will not be allowed another horse until your behaviour is deemed appropriate."

Maxwell remained still standing on the spot. Whilst he didn't intend to defy the Prince, part of him hoped this was just another dispute between the royal siblings. Not only was he aware of how fond the princess was of Alistair, he cared for all of the horses he tended to and the thought of giving such a fine stallion away saddened him.

Bellz Bellz (Rosalind) ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion (Elena) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Rosalind)

19F6268A-6C6C-4CD5-97E0-785C3C3FB98F.gif
Elena Ravenswood

Elena was casually starting to remove Alistair’s saddle, a smile on her face. At least, amongst all of this trouble, she was able to take herself away with the presence of her horse. Without Alistair, she was sure she wouldn’t feel stable. But then again, she rarely did in the palace with all of the chaos that erupted so casually and so often. Surprisingly, she wasn’t at the root of the issue, and it was majorly Christopher and her father, sometimes her mother too. Just this one time, she let her tongue slip and suddenly she had herself sinking deeper and deeper into a pit of despair and loathe of her palace life. A slow sigh escaped from her lips as she lifted a brush and began plaiting Alistair’s tail, careful to not tred too close to his back legs, where the possibility lay that he may kick her, though she doubted it. Alistair trusted Elena. Being her only horse, she dedicated all of her time possible to him in between family dinners and occasions. He let out a strong huff in irritation as she accidentally pulled his tail to hard, and she found herself apologising quietly before she heard a stern voice, and her head perked.

“Yes, brother?” She questioned softly, eyes looking worried. Elena rarely saw him in the stables, and his sudden presence frightened her, especially as he targeted her with his attention. As he beckoned her, she looked over to Rosalind, Elena looking slightly petrified. Though reluctant, she lifted the hem of her dress, covered in a little mud and horse hair, along with her muddy feet and headed towards her brother, staying an arms distance away in case he hit her as punishment. Gulping deeply, she listened as he told Maxwell to check that Alistair was saddled. “But I’m not riding-“ Suddenly, she felt herself pause and her mouth droop open slightly. Facial expression freezing as Christopher spoke, she felt her hands start to tremble. “Not Alistair?” She questioned, voice cracking as her eyes started to well up in disbelief. “Please, Christopher, any of the other horses, but please not Alistair!” Eyes narrowing to prevent tears from slipping out, she felt herself snivel, chest starting to rapidly rise and fall. A tickling at her cheek grabbed her attention, and she lifted a hand only to feel a warm liquid. The tears had fallen without her permission, and as she silently sobbed, hand rushing through her hair and angrily gripped it as she kept her mouth tightly shut. “What a fine gift they will receive,” the words stumbled softly from her mouth as she turned to face Alistair, craving to run over to him and hold him, but she couldn’t physically move her trembling legs. “I don’t want any other horses, so there’s no trouble in that,” she sniffled, heart audibly cracking in her breathing stutters. Her brother was selling her only means to escape the palace life, and stay with a friend. “Hit me,” she mumbled softly, eyes screaming. “Just hit me instead. Don’t take Alistair, please. I’d rather watch executions.” Knowing her words wouldn’t go anywhere, she began to completely break down, tears streaming down her face now, blurring her vision as she felt herself begin to trod towards the door of the barn. She didn’t even want to look back at the horse, knowing that if she did, she would go crazy.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Christopher Ravenswood
& Maxwell Tanner

526full-jonathan-rhys-meyers-jpg.419388
Christopher tightened his jaw as Elena began pleading with him to take any horse but Alistair. He clasped his hands together behind his back as he watched his sister trying to hold back her tears. He knew this would happen. Their father certainly knew this would happen, which is why this was to be her punishment. Taking away something she loved to teach her a lesson. Christopher knew how that felt, even if he tried to forget it.

Christopher eyes opened wider when his sister suddenly asked him to hit her. She would rather be physically hurt than lose the horse. "I will not hit you," he flatly replied, trying to retain his patience and composure. Even their father hadn't chosen to hit her as punishment, so Christopher certainly wasn't going to stoop so low. "The horse has to go," he affirmed. He then turned to Maxwell and frowned. "Why are you still standing idle?" he asked, ready to snap at the man.

"I just think... I... Alistair isn't used to long journeys and in the dark, no less," Maxwell replied, his love of the horses giving him a little confidence. "There's plenty of fine horses, just as beautiful as this one. Perhaps another horse-"

"You will put the damn saddle on the horse and make sure it's ready to trot on out of here. Now!" he angrily ordered him. "In future, when I give you an order, you follow it and you do not hesitate." He turned his attention back to his sisters, for now clearing his head of any pity he held for Elena. "Jocelyn and Elena, you will return to the palace, immediately. You will both ensure Rosalind finds her way back inside too. The King wants all of you inside for the remainder of the evening and I wouldn't push him any further today. Go!" he ordered them. He wanted them out of the way so he could speak privately with Maxwell and the guards.

Bellz Bellz (Rosalind) ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion (Elena) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Rosalind)

Jocelyn always enjoyed time she spent with her sister. Each moment was cherished and kept near to her heart. Really she enjoyed time spent with all of her siblings, being able to let her walls down around them. Sometimes it was difficult to keep them up and not let people in. She knew sometimes she could end up being cold to her siblings as well, but they knew it wasn't intentional. To make up for it, she was protective of them; everything about them. So when Christopher approached, stern look on his face, she tensed up. Jocelyn just knew something was going to happen, the little hairs on the back of her neck standing up. She put the brush she was using on Madeline away and slowly walked over. Hearing him take away her horse, her eyes grew wide.

"Oh, certainly it doesn't have to be something as cruel as that, Christopher." She told him, gently grabbing her sister by the shoulders to hug her. She wrapped her arms around her and rubbed her hair, trying to comfort her some more. "Lock her in her room for a while, but don't take away the one thing that brings her joy and comfort." Her voice didn't raise above her normal speaking volume, but you could tell she was very irritated. Not only was she upset that her brother was punishing her sister so harshly, but he was doing it in front of Rosalind, whom she considered an outsider. She began to think the only reason he was doing this was to impress her.

The topic of Christopher laying a hand on his sister shocked her. Why would Elena even think that he would do something of the sort? She looked between the two of them, trying to make sense of it. Surely he would never have hit his own sister, right? His response to the nonsense was the only answer she needed as she gave a sigh of relief. Her thoughts were interrupted by his voice, yelling at them and demanding they take Rosalind back to the palace with them. She most definitely had a smart ass remark, but decided she would bite her tongue this once. Rolling her eyes, she began to walk away, assuming the Queen to be would just follow. "Still as bossy as ever.." She commented to herself, walking with Elena in her arms.

Mentioned: Elena ( ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion ) Christopher ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Rosalind ( Bellz Bellz )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back