Story The Deserts of Hell: "Again"

How do the woman die?

• She had a heart attack.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She was stabbed.

• She died as a child from an undefined cause.

• Total voters

RitualDeadlyf

Forget It, Shoot Me
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Once, there was a beautiful desert settlement that was home to unique buildings made of sandstone, an abundance of plant life, succulents, and an oasis that made everything dream-like. The water was pure, clear and highly refreshing while tasting like liquid gold. Everyone was happy and not even the worse of the locust swarms could damper the settlements motivation for survival. However, that was then - this is now. Ashen skies have forsaken this place that many people have once called home. There has been no sun but the people feel the heat as of it was staring us in the face. No plant life to remind us what beauty was and little water to barely keep us alive. Where have we gone so wrong?

Standing in the center of town, the once well maintained buildings have crumbled to the struggle of time. No signs of flora that once decorated the settlement, the floors bare as ever. However, there, a woman stood near lifeless bodies of crimson surrounded by a crowd of people. The crowd was in an harmonious laughter as the woman screamed, cried, and mourned over the bodies.

1679076836468.jpg"Is this what you wanted, a bloodbath? Have you no shame? Where is your - faith?!" The woman screamed, in distress.

The people did not move an inch, laughing with no intentions of stopping. The faces blurred in the vision of the woman as tears continued to roll down her beaten red cheeks. The weight of her emotions prevented any logical movement and instead, the woman fell to her knees crawling to one of the bodies nearest to her. Struggling, shaking, gasping for air in the moment of physical and emotional stress. A small child that could have not been older than seven years old, who's hair was like wet mud. Dark, brown and heavily soiled, soaked in their own blood.

The woman lifted up the small child into their arms cradling while revealing their face, by caressing their cheek gently moving their hair away from the face. A moment of silence filled the woman, her tears stopped in a moment of confusion. The child had no face, no human-like features. Just a clean slate. The woman became lightheaded in the panic.

"W- What, I don't understand." She muttered to herself as she continued struggling to breathe.

Laughter of the crowd suddenly stopped, resulting in the woman to quickly turn to look at them. But, they were gone. Not a sound, a gust or even a footprint to represent the life that was once there. A sharp pain quickly took over in her chest like a sharp puncture wound and a warm, thick liquid rose from the depths spilling out through her mouth. Her eyes quickly close shut from the pain.

1679076516971.jpgTaking deep breathes attempting to survive the pain, her eyes opened once more only to be greeted by complete darkness. The pain disappearing as if it never took place, she quickly wiped her mouth of what was once blood but nothing indicated it was there to begin with. Crimson did not taint her hands.

You're back...
Again...?

Soft whispers echoed around her. No indication of gender, or even if it came from a human.

"I will defy death every time. You will not take me. Now, let me go!"

There was no response or sound, dead silence. Her mind raced, causing the room to spin before collapsing to the darkest of floors. Only a moments rest before she opened her eyes once again.

These skies, so familiar, no sun in sight. What has she done so wrong to be in this Hell?

Art: AI Generated via Dream by Ritualdeadlyf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back