The Death Room

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
DWMA: The Death Room

soul-eater-4.jpg

The Death Room is a lot like the principal’s office would be to a normal school although the Death Room has a bit more detail to it than that. It is Lord Death’s “office” for many purposes. He keeps an eye on his students from the Death Room by watching them in his mirror and he calls students to this room when he needs to discuss various things with them. It is decorated with crosses leaning in every which direction and there’s a circular elevated platform in the middle.

Last edited:
Ivy

Ivy never got nervous. Anyone who said anything to the contrary was going to get a fist in their teeth. But Ivy was… apprehensive when she got the notice to meet with Lord Death. Normally such a summons would thrill her, since it usually meant she was getting sent on a difficult mission that would require someone of her strength to complete it. But after their last meeting… Ivy was unsure what Lord Death wanted from her. After he gave her that… order, she had been uneasy. She wasn’t one for keeping secrets, but she knew no one aside from her weapon partner could ever know what they discussed with Lord Death that day. She understood why he had asked that of her though. If it came to it… she would do what was necessary.

Despite all this going on in the back of her mind, Ivy still wasn’t nervous as she made her way to the Death Room. After all, she wasn’t the only one summoned there, so she doubted this had anything to do with their last meeting. It felt weird heading to see Lord Death without Demetri at her side though. He had wanted to come with her but she insisted he go and find Kassanna and Honey. Ivy had promised that she would train those two today but it would have to be postponed until she learned what Lord Death wanted. Hopefully this meeting wouldn’t take too long and Ivy could get back to yelling at her trainees to do more push ups. Afterall, Ivy was all about encouraging greatness in others.

“This better be important.” Ivy grumbled as she made her way through the guillotines. “I have some wimps I need to bulk up.”

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen

Malacai Grave
Malacai and Isaac were moving about in the DWMA, looking for something to do. As he passed by the notice board, Malacai saw a notice directed at him. He had been summoned to the Death Room. Malacai sighed, and then turned to his partner. “Looks like I will have to part ways with you here. Now, I’m letting you go do whatever you want, but don’t get into any trouble, and don’t do anything stupid. If I’m being called to meet with Lord Death, the last thing I need is a headache from your troublemaking ways. Got it?”

Isaac took note of Malacai’s seriousness, and merely nodded. He knew not to mess with him when he was like this, because his tone and glare showed Isaac that his partner was all business right now. Isaac turned and tried to look for someone to talk to.

After his partner took off, Malacai rolled his eyes. ‘I really hope he can avoid getting into trouble for a while. If I’m being called to the Death Room…’ Malacai’s train of thought ended there with a shudder. He didn’t want to think about why he was called. So, rather than waste his time, he made his way towards the Death Room with all haste.

As Malacai made his way through the guillotine passageway, he noticed that someone else was already here along with Lord Death - or, well, the image of him. He recognized the green-haired student as Ivy, a fellow three-star meister. Seeing her, he became really curious. ‘Why would Lord Death call the two of us here at the same time?’ Rather than think any further, he merely turned to Ivy. “It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you around. How have you been?” After addressing her, he turned to the image of Lord Death standing in the mirror.. “So, why have we been called here today Lord Death?”

“Ivy! Malacai! Good to see the two of you. I know recent events have kept you both very busy so I imagine you’re enjoying a few days around here.” That was as much of a greeting as it seemed Lord Death intended to offer the two of them.

“Now, as I’m sure you both know, some recent occurrences have led me to be a bit short on teachers here at the academy and hence classes have been a bit in disarray. Today is hopefully the last day that I’ll have to cancel classes, but I do want to get my students back into the swing of things so I have a little job for the two of you. Since I’m short on teachers, I would like for the two of you to run the fitness seminar lesson today for any students who choose to attend that lesson.”

Briefly, he glanced at Ivy and then he added, specifically for her, “I know you have already been working with several students on your own so I don’t imagine it will be something unfamiliar to you, Ivy.”

Then his gaze drifted towards Malacai even though Lord Death’s eyes might have in all actuality been hard to see. “And Malacai, you’re the other three star meister on campus today so it just seems fitting to have the two of you work together. Since neither of you have any official teaching experience, I’m expecting the both of you to put the students through some exercises without overdoing it.” That last comment, again, was directed back towards the DWMA’s Phobos Meister.

“If you both read the announcement, you’ll know that the lesson is set to start at noon. Any questions from either of you?”

Shrugging his shoulders, Malacai had nothing to ask.

Collabed with: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl

Ivy

Ivy turned her head when another meister entered the death room. She narrowed her eyes as Malacai Grave walked through the guillotines. Ivy was never the best person at remembering names or faces, as she categorized most people as wimps not even worth her time, but she knew Malacai Grave. As the only other three star meister she couldn’t afford not to know who he was. Just seeing him lighted a competitive fire in her. If she wanted to cement her name and reputation as one of the greatest berserkers in history, beating her fellow three-star meister in a fight would be a good place to start. But even Ivy had enough common sense to know that this was not the time or place to have a punch out with the guy. She grunted in response when he asked her how she was, and turned back to face Lord Death. She listened as Lord Death told them about the shortage of teachers and his brilliant idea to have the two of them teach a fitness class.

“I know you have already been working with several students on your own so I don’t imagine it will be something unfamiliar to you, Ivy.”

Ivy grinned as she thought about the few students she already had the privilege of training. She loved nothing more than yelling at the top of her lungs to motivate her fellow students to become stronger. Especially the yelling part.

“And Malacai, you’re the other three star meister on campus today so it just seems fitting to have the two of you work together. Since neither of you have any official teaching experience, I’m expecting the both of you to put the students through some exercises without overdoing it.”

Ivy frowned at the overdoing it part. She knew what she was doing with her trainees. Being soft with them wasn’t going to motivate them to greatness.

“If you both read the announcement, you’ll know that the lesson is set to start at noon. Any questions from either of you?”

“I’m all for whipping some wimps into shape, but define ‘overdoing’ it?” Ivy asked, crossing her ams. “After all, I’m not here to babysit, I’m here to train people. And I’m not interested in working with a bunch of cry babies who can’t handle a little hard work.” Ivy scoffed. “Maybe you can send the wimpier one’s to Malacai? Cause I’m not about to coddle anybody who can’t handle my training regime.”

Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Lord Death
If Lord Death was capable of rolling his eyes at Ivy’s question, he most certainly would have because it was just the kind of question he should’ve expected from her and it was just the kind of question that didn’t actually have a clear-cut answer. “Now, Ivy, I’m quite certain you know very well what I mean when I talk about overdoing it,” Lord Death found himself answering almost as though she were a child. To him, all of the students were children, though, so it wasn’t technically wrong.

“If there’s a student on the verge of passing out from dehydration, it’s your job as the three-star meister and as a team leader, which three-star meisters are supposed to be, to recognize that, stop them and tell them to get a drink of water. It is not your job to encourage them to get themselves hospitalized because they didn’t stop to drink some water. If you are incapable of being a team leader and recognizing different students’ breaking points, then I can have Malacai run the class while you go on a remedial lesson with your weapon partner.”

Sighing to himself, he decided to give that ultimatum a moment to sink in.

Then, though, Lord Death continued. “Now then, since the two of you are running the seminar together, you are more than welcome to break the students into groups as you see fit between the two of you.” Essentially, it was technically allowed for Ivy to pick and choose which students she worked with so long as Malacai agreed and so long as it was a fairly even split that ended up happening.

“Now, I’d love to chat more, but I’m afraid I have another group of students on their way in who I need to see before the seminar classes begin. The two of you can be on your way. Work together to figure out how to tackle the lesson and know that I’ll be keeping an eye on things.” There were plenty of mirrors in the fitness areas, after all.

thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen

Ivy

As Lord Death warned Ivy against overworking her trainees, Ivy put her hand to her chest looking offended. “Excuse me,” Ivy growled. “I may push people to their utmost potential but I know better then to train to injury. Injuries will only hold people back from achieving greatness and dehydration will only cut my training sessions short. I may not go easy on people but I take care of my own.” Ivy crossed her arms and glared at Lord Death. “I just don’t have patience for whiners.”

Lord Death continued though, and gave the two of them permission to split the students up. “You better be willing to take the crybabies then Malacai, because I don’t want to deal with their shit. My group is going to be for those who want to go to the extreme. Anything else is a waste of time. “ Ivy huffed.

“If things are all settled then I’m leaving.” Ivy turned and begun walking out, not even waiting for Malacai’s reply. “I have wimps to bulk up and only so much time to do it, so you better keep up Malacai.”

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen

Lord Death
Eventually, Lord Death had managed to get the two three-stars to decide getting to the lesson they were going to be teaching was better than sticking around in his… well, his room and so for a few minutes, it was quiet in the Death Room. The grim reaper remained in his mirror and looked about, watching things that no one else could really see, but that didn’t matter because there was no one else to even try to see in the first place.

“Ooh…” he remarked when he saw something apparently more interesting than everything else. Only time would tell what that interesting thing actually was, though.

Could it be that that interesting thing related to Professor Rudolf walking in with three students? Two of them were familiar to Lord Death and had been in his presence before and the third… well, he’d seen her, but she hadn’t seen him because he was Lord Death. He could see things like that.

“Thomas, what have we here?” Lord Death asked.

You’ve been teleported to the Death Room. Well, actually, you all walked there, but we’re going to skip the walking part and get right to the part where you’re in the Death Room because reasons. Ok? Ok.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe Solarknight Solarknight

Professor Thomas Rudolf

Thomas was quite familiar with Death Room, seeing as how that was where his boss generally resided. However, as an assassin, Thomas couldn't say he felt very comfortable in it. The reaper's dimension was mostly empty space. No shadows to blend in. No precautionary escape routes. Nothing but a mirror on a dark stage for the reaper to dwell in and some decorative crosses that were too reminescent of a graveyard for Thomas to finding it comforting. Of course, the NOT teacher kept his thoughts to himself.

"Hello, Lord Death. It's a pleasure to see you, as always." Such a greeting was common for Thomas, as he always strove to remain polite to whoever he spoke to. However, for black-cloaked figure in the mirror, it wasn't just mere pleasantries. Thomas meant every word. The reaper was the one who gave Thomas his current life, who gave him another chance, and for that he would always be grateful.

"Hinako and Senya wished to meet with you, but aren't too familiar with the whereabouts your room, so I took it upon myself to lead them here." Thomas didn't actually know what the twins wanted with Lord Death so there really wasn't much more to say in terms of explanations. He looked at the unknown girl who had suddenly appeared on DWMA grounds.

"As for her..." Thomas knew even less about her intentions. Not even her name. "It seems like DWMA has an unexpected guest. Or at least, I haven't heard anything about it." It wouldn't surprise him if the skull-masked reaper in the mirror kept a couple of secrets up his sleeves. He was a Death God, after all. "So I figured it would only be proper for her to meet with you as well. I hope you don't mind."

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock , Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe , Solarknight Solarknight

Lord Death
“Of course!” Lord Death remarked quite exuberantly. “It seems you’re on top of things as usual, Thomas.”

The grim reaper’s gaze then shifted to the three young women who accompanied Professor Rudolph, identifying each of them because he had seen them all before. “Welcome back, Hinako. Senya.” He nodded to each of them in turn. “I knew you’d be returning to us sometime soon. I already have the both of you enrolled in classes starting next week. This week, we’re not hosting formal classes due to an outside situation, but there are three seminars running. You’re welcome to attend if you choose, or you can wait until formal lessons next week.”

Then his attention shifted to the mystery guest. “Suraya. I cannot say I saw you coming, although once you were here I certainly knew. I should very much like to hear your story at some point, indeed, but for now I suppose it’s fair to ask if you’re interested in enrolling in classes here.”

If Lord Death could’ve raised an eyebrow, he would have.

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Solarknight Solarknight

Users who are viewing this thread