• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Dead Hills - Out of Character Chat

Main
Here
Cali is walking around town and Daniel is being emo if anyone wanted to interract with them XD

Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 I wasn't sure how to go about this introduction, so if you could read it and let me know if I crossed any lines or went against lore that'd be awesome. I will make any necessary changes!

Hey question. Does anyone need an Ironclad character in their 'group'? In other words... Heavy Armor, Heavy weapons, But is slower than most.

Hey question. Does anyone need an Ironclad character in their 'group'? In other words... Heavy Armor, Heavy weapons, But is slower than most.
We don’t necessarily have characters like that in the RP. The characters are simply just regular characters with their own strengths and weaknesses. We don’t have stealthy types, combat types, ironclad types, things like that. We just have regular characters, if that makes sense

How have you all been? I know I vanished for some time but I plan to work here again if you'll all have me once more, specially at your side as Co Mr.America (Peacemaker). I won't play someone for awhile however, as life is still thrashing me about.

Shall anyone catch up their old co-leader? It's been too long.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish idalie idalie Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45

Oh and lastly, if animals like fish are still present are they safe to eat? It’s highly likely they are taking into their bodies what’s in the water they live in, i.e surface run off and pore capacity of the soil where dead bodies are?

(Clarification ?)

Is there more info on the wildlife of this world? Logically speaking, the whole “fish scanario” would actually be correct. It wasn’t an attempt to make Daniel “look smart” as he IS smart like I had written in his bio and had the experience of him attending an elite private school for a majority of his life. So I guess to prevent further misunderstandings, is there any actual lore on what the environment contains? Is the area they’re currently in devoid of a mass of dead bodies even after the nearby colony massacre ?
There is a lot of information about the aquatic life and wildlife in general I’ve found using Google. West Virginia, and specifically the part of it the characters are in, is rather desolate. It’s a state with a small population and population density, compared to most states. So we went with that. There aren’t enough walkers to really even make the water runoff toxic, at least in the area where they are. If it was up north more in the remains of Morgantown, then it would be a different story, as that water would be both irradiated and potentially full of dead. None of those waterways seem to run towards the lake the characters are at. If they do, then we’ll just take artistic liberty and say otherwise. The lake (Burnsville Lake) is in a wildlife management area (which is also where the Mountaintop is) has very little populated areas around it.

In regards to the colony massacre at Summersville Lake, that too isn’t so populated and is rather isolated from other populated centers. There is a more populated town near it, but not a huge one. It too would be somewhat devoid of dead. I don’t think the numbers there would be large enough to really pollute the lake, as it is fairly large and the populated centers are not close to the lake, necessarily.

Oh and lastly, if animals like fish are still present are they safe to eat? It’s highly likely they are taking into their bodies what’s in the water they live in, i.e surface run off and pore capacity of the soil where dead bodies are?

(Clarification ?)
As described earlier, there aren’t a lot of areas nearby with steady numbers of dead, as the area is rather desolate. I don’t think there would be even significant amounts to pollute any of the water systems. It’s so isolated there that there would be very little dead, perhaps only several per square mile because it’s really just wilderness there, with really small towns spread out far apart with extremely small populations.

But when it comes to what causes the undead, I haven’t made it clear. It could be a virus or it could be something else. It never necessarily was explained. It shouldn’t effect fish. However, there are plans to have animals infected and undead, but that would be a result of something else.

There is a lot of information about the aquatic life and wildlife in general I’ve found using Google. West Virginia, and specifically the part of it the characters are in, is rather desolate. It’s a state with a small population and population density, compared to most states. So we went with that. There aren’t enough walkers to really even make the water runoff toxic, at least in the area where they are. If it was up north more in the remains of Morgantown, then it would be a different story, as that water would be both irradiated and potentially full of dead. None of those waterways seem to run towards the lake the characters are at. If they do, then we’ll just take artistic liberty and say otherwise. The lake (Burnsville Lake) is in a wildlife management area (which is also where the Mountaintop is) has very little populated areas around it.

In regards to the colony massacre at Summersville Lake, that too isn’t so populated and is rather isolated from other populated centers. There is a more populated town near it, but not a huge one. It too would be somewhat devoid of dead. I don’t think the numbers there would be large enough to really pollute the lake, as it is fairly large and the populated centers are not close to the lake, necessarily.

As described earlier, there aren’t a lot of areas nearby with steady numbers of dead, as the area is rather desolate. I don’t think there would be even significant amounts to pollute any of the water systems. It’s so isolated there that there would be very little dead, perhaps only several per square mile because it’s really just wilderness there, with really small towns spread out far apart with extremely small populations.

But when it comes to what causes the undead, I haven’t made it clear. It could be a virus or it could be something else. It never necessarily was explained. It shouldn’t effect fish. However, there are plans to have animals infected and undead, but that would be a result of something else.
Thank you for the clarification ??

Worst death ever.
Next to Glenn from TWD.

(Cries in the distance)
NOT DEAD YET MY GOOD NEIGHBOURINO, WE AIN'T DIDDLY DONE
He has like 2 hours left, pushing it at 3. Probs pushing it at 2 tbh, but for the rps sake.

He's just chillin'. Probs partially unconscious if anyone finds him in the first half hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back