• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Dead Hills - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
As Simon said that she should rest, Jane agreeing, she put up a hand in protest, before slouching in her chair.

“I had enough sleep last night. There’s no need for me to sleep right now. When the day turns to night, I’ll sleep. I can only sleep at night,” she responded to them.

It was true, Jennifer could only sleep at night. She was almost incapable of being able to successfully nap during the day. She wasn’t quite sure why. And when she did get sleep at night, she had become used to several hours of sleep, at the most, being enough for her to function through a full day.

“So,” she started, looking at Milly and Jane, leaning forward in her seat, locking her hands together as if she were in prayer, “are you guys from around here? Do you know the area? I only ask because my group I came through with, before they left us, isn’t. We were first in Ohio. But while there, some...,” Jennifer paused, shifted her eyes to the side, thinking about what happened while there in Ohio, trying not to let emotions get to her.

“Some bad shit happened there,” started Jennifer, giving everyone an explanation of what’s happened to her and her old group. “We moved into Pennsylvania for awhile. We were in a house in the woods for awhile, the rest of my group that is.”

“Let me backtrack a bit, tell you about myself.” Jennifer felt she should tell them a bit about herself. For now, they may be a group, and she may be the one who calls the shots, since no one else stepped up to the plate. She wanted to build some trust around them. Explaining her past was opening up to them. While she’s a far different person now, her past was just as important as her current self, or so she felt. If they traveled together, regardless of who followed her in

“I’m originally from Texas,” Jennifer began, “but moved to Indiana when my father was offered a new job. It was there that my familiarity with hospitals began. At 17, I contracted a virus, and I went into myocarditis. My heart began to fail. And I got a donor heart. Now I need medication for the rest of my life so my body doesn’t kill the donor heart. Fast forward some years and this shit show happened, the dead began to walk. Where we lived, my parents and I, we had a small little walled community.”

“And,” Jennifer took a deep breath and sighed before continuing, glancing at the vitals monitor, “Let’s just say that a big group came in and... I was the only survivor. My dad was shot up. My mom was bitten and eaten by one of the undead bastards before my very eyes.”

Bringing up her past brought back a lot of memories and feelings that Jennifer forgot about. It had been so long since she focuses on these things. It didn’t matter to her for awhile. But now, she needed trust with everyone. She was hoping this could build some sort of trust with these people.

“I was lone wolf for awhile,” she said clearing her throat. “I moved alone, went from house to house, and tried to avoid that group. I knew the sick son of a bitch who led that group was after me. Well a small little pack of his found me. I went through a little firefight with them. I won. But I was driven away from the house I was in by a huge herd of undead. Next thing I know, I’m at a gas station, and some of the people in my old group were there. We were forced away from there, then we made it to this place by a river and met more people from the group there. That’s when we really became a little group.”

“As you could imagine, shit got bad, we were attacked by some group at a hospital nearby, forced us to disband. We found each other, and they all wanted revenge for the blood they shed on us. Though I didn’t see enough of a reason to go and attack them and kill them all. I was naïve, and when they were out looking for us that night, to finish us off, I got kidnapped by them.”

Jennifer paused before going on. The next part brought up so much pain and emotions from what happened. What happened in the hospital that night changed her into the person she is now. It was arguably the most significant thing to happen to her with how it changed her.

“They did some real terrible shit to me. I had to kill in some of the most gruesome ways to survive.” She slouched again in her chair, sighing again before she began to speak more. “The group came, they rescued me, killed everyone in the hospital. The shit they did, to me, to others, at that hospital was some of the most grotesque and disturbing things I’ve seen in this world.”

“I left that hospital a changed woman. We made our way out to Pennsylvania for awhile, then the house we were staying in, and the surrounding forest, went up in flames. Whoever made it out was with us yesterday, before we met Simon and Archie. Then they left us, without a warning. And here we are now.”

The woman sat back in her chair after telling her story. She hoped that this would build some trust around the others. It pained her to recount some of those things. It had been awhile since she remembered some of them. She sat quietly after that, focusing on the vital monitor, and anyone else who spoke.

As Jennifer sat there, noises came from Archie. The girl jumped up and approached him, keeping an eye on the vitals, in case this was a complication waking him up, or if it was under his own power. But it seemed it was under his own power, as Jennifer observed. She let out a sigh of relief and a small chuckle.

“Archie, you son of bitch, you’re alive,” she said with a laugh. “And you thought I was going to kill you just before,” she said, leaning her arms on the side of the bed. “You probably have no idea what you’re saying, so let me say this slow.”

Jennifer cleared her throat, before speaking again, using her hands to help him understand what she was saying.

“Y-O-U A-R-E G-O-I-N-G T-O L-I-V-E,” she said slowly, making movements and signs with her hands so Archie could understand.

Jennifer was happy about this. She didn’t want him to die. And if he did, it would weigh on her mind for long. While at one point she wouldn’t have cared if he died, she did now. The psychological battle of her old self and her new self was waging on in her mind. Her new self showed, such as when she was willing to kill both Milly and Jane and not care at all. But her old self had shown through with how she wanted Archie to live. She may have once been going down a rabbit hole. Now, however, she is coming out. She may slip and fall some, but she’s climbing out, and she can just now see the light at the top.

Cosmosis Cosmosis idalie idalie Catharsis Catharsis Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Last edited:
Milly kept close to Jane the whole time, still watching the woman, Jennifer worryingly as she sat in front of them. She was still very wary and worried about the woman. She really wished that it was just Jane and herself again. Yeah it was a struggle but... there weren't scary women bursting in and threatening to kill them. Jennifer then started talking and although she was really anxious about the woman she still listened.

As Milly listened to the woman's story, she got a very heavy feeling in her chest. Thinking about it, she could understand why she acted like that. She figured that if she had been through that kind of trauma, she would have been the same. When Jennifer mentioned her mother, Milly stiffened up, not noticing that she had put her hand on Jane's. Upon noticing she squeaked and moved her hand away so she was holding onto her bear again. She could not relate to Jennifer on what had happened to her except for that. She did not know what happened to her mother, all she could imagine was... No, she couldn't think that!

When the woman asked her and Jane about their own stories, Milly rubbed her arm anxiously. At this point, she really did not know what to say. "Um...I'm..." she looked at Jane for a second before continuing. "I'm... from here." She added. She wanted to go on, but after hearing what Jennifer had gone through, she didn't feel like she had the right to. She wished she could tell Jennifer about her own mother but this was not the time. Not to mention, at this time if she mentioned her she would probably shut down completely.

When hearing the man, Archie make a noise, she jumped at Jennifer and Simon's sudden responses. She was glad the man was doing okay but she did not know him. She figured staying quiet would be better in the long run. She was beginning to worry less about Jennifer, but Simon... he still freaked her out. She looked at Jane, adjusting her glasses, "Um...What should we do?" She asked worryingly. All she really wanted was to feel safe, not that they ever were safe nowadays but it was better than being here. Though Jennifer had changed her tune, she was still worried. She preened the fur on the top of her bear's head, trying to reassure herself.
Catharsis Catharsis Cosmosis Cosmosis idalie idalie Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45

ARCHIE "THE SCOTSMAN" MCKEEGAN
He looked towards Simon initially, eyelids drooping. Nevertheless, there was partial confusion as he mumbled: "Am not cryin'." Only to clumsily wipe at his face and smear the tears half over his cheek. Pausing in realisation at the damp skin of his hand, he cleared his throat and turned away from the Russian. Not mentioning it again. He didn't want to know, nor did he want to admit anything. So far he was between off his nut on medication and thankful to be alive. Not a bad place to be mentally, if not desperate to leap up and just get on with things. Yet that'd take longer than he wanted to wait, but there was hope of a quick recovery.

Again, he was called into reality, broken from thought to gaze in a bewildered manner at Jennifer. While her speech sounded like something underwater, McKeegan was slightly taken aback by her enthusiastic use of arms and exaggerated movement to get across her message. Something that the Scotsman found amusing more than anything, reaching out to wrap his palm around hers - giving it a warm squeeze. "I get it lass." His features broke into a half-smile, although pulled away after a minute or so had passed. "Also I ain't senile, so cut that shite out you scummy rust-bucket."

Progressively his head began to clear, and the odd sensation of floating began to ground, Archie slowly pushed himself up till he was sitting in the bed. Breath slightly heavier from the taxing shift. It was clear, however, he preferred sitting up to see what was going on. Careful trying not to pop any stitches or otherwise; after all, it felt like he'd been hit by a truck. Not quite in any position to test the limits of Jennifer's medical capabilities.

"Shoulda worn somethin' nice to be around a load of ladies." He began, letting a chuckle escape. "Aye... well, I might be pretty out of it, but I heard you two helped me. I'd shake yer hands but I'm a little laid up." McKeegan cracked a small grin, typical of the Scotsman. "Names Archie. I apologise you two had to meet this fella over here, never been too good with the company of women." He winked before prominently talking from the side of his mouth in a stage whisper. "-probably swings the other way, almost sure I caught him lookin' a few blokes up and down."

Still, the two women they now faced seemed scared out of their wits. Or one of them did anywho, hugging a bear like a wee bairn. Reminded him of his sisters at a young age. "Jennifer can be a bit of a growler too, bet she's as soft as mallow on the insides. From what I've seen, and I think I'm a good judge fer being shot by the gal. Sweet as anythin'. I mean, first time I saw her - I knew she had more than a scowl." He wagged his finger, eyes like crescents as he jokingly lectured. "Anyhow, I missed the introductions. What're yer names?" Archie's attention returned to the strangers.

Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Catharsis Catharsis Cosmosis Cosmosis

Simon Petrikov

Archie was alive. It was good that he survived but also in a way, bad. As he sat up, Simon snorted at his comment.

"You just want me Teddy. I only scan for threats and aqantiences anyways." Crossing his arms, the Russian stayed by the bed. It was obvious him and Archie were closer then most but it was only brotherly and would always stay as such.

"It's good we didn't waste supplies on you." The burly man stated in a way he knew McKeegan would know. "My name is Simon. No need for my last name." He said.

Sure, him saying his last name needn't be public caused tension but he didn't care. What he did care about was Jennifer's story. A teeny flame of anger sprouted at the recallment of such a tale. Now all that was left was proof but the forigner didn't care for it currently.

Stepping to his melee weapon, Simon gripped it and hoisted it up with practiced ease. It felt nice to have his self ready to some degree at all times. The sun he didn't know was up due to no windows being present within the room but alas, he knew some daylight was left. Now came the question he had to ask.

"What is next? Do we stay here until the Teddy Bear heals more or do we raid and continue on?"

The Scotsman replied to Jennifer’s attempt to make him understand what she was saying with a classic response that only Archie seemed to be able to make. There was a certain light and charm about him that was all too rare in the world they lived in. Jennifer couldn’t help but laugh at it.

“I see someone’s better if you’re talking to me that way,” Jennifer said behind a smile to Archie. “Or let me try again, since you are senile”

“Y-O-U A-R-E B-E-T-T-E-R,” Jennifer said, doing what she did before, mocking Archie. “How’s that? Understand me better?”

The Scotsman went on, saying he suspected Simon was gay, then that Jennifer is nice. Jennifer just shook her head and smiled.

“Maybe that’s why he hasn’t killed you,” Jennifer replied to Archie with his comment about Simon, then turning to him. “Isn’t that right, she said in a sarcastic manner. The mood was rather cheerful at the moment. Jennifer took advantage of it to feel some happiness for once.

“You know,” Jennifer started, turning to Jane, “I almost wish we messed up the surgery and he hadn’t awoken,” she said with a sarcastic tone. “But really, Jane, thank you for helping. And even you too, Milly. You were a help as well, keeping an eye on his vitals while I gathered supplies to operate on him. And don’t forget Jake. He gave Archie the blood transfusion, but passed out in the process,” she said, turning to each member she talked to in the room, letting out a small laugh at the end when she got to Jake.

“And Simon, he did useful stuff, believe it or not, Archie. He got medication and supplies for you. He probably wanted you to live so he could look you up and down some more,” Jennifer said laughing, nudging Archie at the end with her elbow.”

“Ah shit,” Jennifer said as her smile and laugh started to fade, staring blankly into space.

While introductions and jokes were going on, a lingering was floating around. What was next? It was a conversation Jennifer didn’t necessarily want to have. Her happiness was replaced with a slightly sad, yet serious tone. She didn’t want to have this conversation. But they had to, as everyone started asking the same question.

“With Archie up, and alive,” stated Jennifer to Simon and the rest of the people, as she went to go lean against a wall by the hospital bed Archie was in, “We need to figure out our best course of action. None of us here were expecting to encounter one another.”

The girl lowered her head and sighed. “We need to figure out what’s next. None of us were part of a group, besides Jake and I. But seeing as we’ve found ourselves together, we need to know what’s next.”

“The way I see it, I reckon we have two options,” she said, looking each and everyone in the eyes as she spoke, darting them around, before returning them into a blank stare as she thought.

“We disband, option number one, and go on our merry little ways to go and survive out there. Option two is we stick together, be it for another night or permanently, and we try to survive, together, as a group. If we choose that second option, or we need more time to survive, then I suggest we go in town and stay in one of the houses for now. I don’t want to stay in the hospital. It’s too unsecured for my liking. That, and I have some bad memories with hospitals. My truck’s outside. There’s enough seating for five people, and a bed if more room in needed for people to pile into,” she stated through her southern accent.

The situation Jennifer was in was not quite one she wanted to be in in the first place. There were too many strangers, and not enough people to trust. And since she was the one calling the shots around here, she was responsible for not only her safety, but the safety of others. However, these people she didn’t know, she didn’t necessarily trust either. She had to worry less about group safety, and more about the safety of her and Jake, the only person she could truly trust out of these people, and potentially Archie as well. Simon she didn’t trust, Milly seemed like she couldn’t hurt a fly. But that doesn’t mean she can trust her. And lastly, Jane she didn’t know much about. Sure she helped save Archie. But again, she simply couldn’t know if they were truly trustworthy.

Another thing weighed on Jennifer’s mind. She was seemingly the leader. She never wanted to be one. She never thought she could lead anyone. She didn’t think she had it in her to lead. Tough decisions she could make. But ones for a group she felt would be hard. Hey, here she was, defying all her own expectations. She wasn’t a leader by choice, nor was she born was. She became a leader because she had to. She had to rise from the dusk and the rubble to lead herself, and others. Her experiences molded her into a leader.

“I want no Influence on this vote,” she said, returning her attention to them, “so I’ll reserve mine until everyone has stated their decision. So what will it be? Who wants to disband and survive on our own, and who wants to form a group?”

idalie idalie Cosmosis Cosmosis Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Catharsis Catharsis

As she took pleasure in treating him like a deaf old codger, Archie rolled his eyes and gently hit away her hands with a huff. "Aye, that I can! In a minute I won't jus' be hearin' you, 'cause my hand is gonnae give you a walloping." The Scotsman challenged, jutting his chin out defensively. Glancing between Simon and Jennifer, he only chuckled. That deep, thundering laugh which was big enough to roll across mountains, charged with static and ready to burst into light. "I tell ye, Simons been lookin' at this booty since day one." He winked a second time, "Simon can't bring himself ta say it." McKeegan then teased.

Nevertheless, whilst Jennifer thanked the two girls and the remnants of their initial group, he sat up further. Stiffly adjusting his back with a groan to protect his abdomen. There wouldn't be much leaning down in the days to come where recovery was concerned. Give or take a few weeks, and he might start feeling like himself again. Swinging his legs over the side of the bed, bare-chested in raggedy jeans and big boots - Archie pulled up the hospital sheets and wrapped them around himself a moment. Looking like a bearded nun. "Oof, a bit nippy in here innit?" He whistled through his teeth, resting the soles of his feet on the floor.

"While Jenny here is thankin' you all, I should thank ye too. I wouldn't be here. O' course, I wouldn't be here if the gal didn't have such a happy trigger finger ..." Archie wryly grinned in Jen's direction. "But y'know as they say. A friend who almost kills you is a friend worth havin'. To be honest, nobody says that, but it's high time they started." McKeegan let out a happy sigh and somewhat moved till he was resting on the very edge of the bed, perfect to cast in the Scottish version of ET.

Nodding to Milly and Jane, he smiled. Genuinely, the sort which curved till the whiskers of his beard tipped upwards in a bear-like kindness. "And I am, terribly sorry for the trouble. I know my mammy would tell me it's nothin'. You two look scared outta yer wits."

Returning to Jennifer as she continued, Archie now far more accommodating to the nickname Virgin Mary, spare the Virgin part - glanced up. "I'll stay. Lookin' like this I ain't goin' nowhere with help. I need someone to pick things up for me. I don't think I cannae reach my toes no more." McKeegan tipped his head and stood up slightly with a small stumble. "Oof - It's like one tae many down the pub.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Cosmosis Cosmosis Catharsis Catharsis

Milly kept very silent as the man, Simon spoke up, asking what they were going to do next. She bit her lip, not really sure what to do. But she did not want to upset or offend any of these strangers, not after that so went with her gut instinct and kept silent. Then, Archie, the injured man spoke, making her jump a little as he spoke to her and Jane. She bit her lip as he asked her name "M-Milly." She answered quietly but loud enough for them to hear. Sure he had been hurt so he couldn't, but she was relieved that he was friendlier than the other two. She gave the man a brief smile before looking at Jennifer as she started speaking. She seemed to have relaxed a little since Archie woke up. But now they were discussing what they wanted to do now. Either split up or stay together as a group.

Milly blinked a few times worryingly. What should she do? She wanted to ask Jane but Jennifer had said no 'influence' whatever that meant, did that mean she couldn't talk to Jane? Milly mumbled something under her breath as she glanced at Jane, hoping she would answer first. She felt like she could not speak. She just hugged her bear as Archie spoke up. He wanted to stay put. Rightly so too. As she thought about it, she felt her stomach hurt as it let out a low rumble. Damn... her cracker-a-day diet seemed to be backfiring. Darting her eyes slightly she pulled her bear closer to her stomach, hoping that would mask it. When Archie finished, Milly looked at the ground. She didn't want to be alone... not again. "...I'll...Um." She glanced at Jane again anxiously before continuing, "...Stay in a group." she finished quickly before looking away, biting her bear's ear. Shit... this was going to go downhill wasn't it? She looked at Archie as he wrapped himself up in the blankets, making her giggle a little at how he looked. She kept trying to adjust her glasses to see him clearly even though she was standing near him and the others. She hoped they wouldn't realize she couldn't see. Unless they have anyway.
idalie idalie Cosmosis Cosmosis Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Catharsis Catharsis

Simon Petrikov

Their jabs at his sexuality meant naught to the burly man. However, the question of staying in a group or disbanding came up. Taking a drought of Vodka, the man cleared his throat.

Looking at Jennifer he only shook his head. "Let us give the man with a new hole for a dick to enter, some rest before we move. I will need to return to my group in time however. You, Jennifer, can bring Jake if he isn't a liability. My people know we don't sit about unless directed to do so and even then they find something to do. We take no weak unless they have potential." Looking at the Scotsman, Simon sighed.

"You can rest with us until you heal if we return to my group while you're still injured. I would offer you to join but i'll assume a no. Unless you want to Teddy." A smirk came before vanishing. Furrowing his brow, the man looked at the two newer people.

"I won't offer either of you yet. You may have helped save Archie but it was out of fear mostly. Prove you can help. It doesn't need to be combat or physical even. Just show you can follow most given orders by anyone of us and you can possibly get invited."

That girl with the glasses. Milly. She'd need to lose that safty lock if she was to be around him. It was a major liability so unless the younger girl could promptly do as she was told and not fuck up, Simon could possibly tolerate her. Janet however was another story. She seemed helpful and more knowledgeable about the town but that needed more evidence. If there was a choice between the two, Janet would come without too much thought. The girl seemed less prone to cause a predicament and more likely to provide than the glasses girl. But who knows. Maybe Milly would square up and prove Simon wrong. Time would be the final judge in the end.

Jane took note when Jennifer declined her and Simon's request that she get some sleep. To her, this was a sign that Jennifer wasn't quite sure of her or Milly yet, but she understood. It took a lot of time for Jane to feel comfortable sleeping around Milly. This fear was justified though, as Jane had been apart of a small group in Tennessee in the beginning, and quickly discovered that someone had been stealing from her overnight while she rested. At the time, sleep wasn't something that Jane would have labeled as salvageable, so this continued on until she was finally confident enough to be on her own.

To say the least, Jane's time in groups hadn't been the best experience for her. It seemed to her that the end of the world only spared absolute assholes and thieves. Assholes were something she could deal with, she met her fair share as a vet intern and an animal shelter manager; thieves were a different story. They put Jane's life at risk. There had once been a point a few months ago when Jane had been very close to starvation after single crumb and drop of water stolen from her, that group abandoned her in an open alleyway. She had been sick and just needed to rest.

It was then, that Jane decided that other survivors were not to be trusted. Ever.

Milly had been a very rare exception. The two found each other in special circumstances. A very sick and worn Jane found a very weak and weird Milly hiding out in a gas station. To say that their alliance was immediate would have been a lie, but it seemed to be destiny. The two were very similar in a lot of ways.

Jane listened politely as Jennifer talked about her past, and felt that Jennifer and her had had some similar experiences. She and Milly could both relate to being a lone wolf at heart. One thing that Jane could not have imagined was the death of her parents happening before her eyes. The thing was, Jane didn't know what happened to her family. She never made it home to them. Despite how hard she tried, Jane never made it. She liked to imagine that perhaps her siblings had made it home to her mom.

She hoped so at least. For months, Jane had been picturing her family, alive and well, possibly thriving at a survivals camp. Her oldest sister, Allie, had been 8 months pregnant at the start. She often wondered what her niece looked like, and her mother's smile holding her. Sometimes Jane squeezed her eyes at night, and imagined herself there. She just wanted to be home with them, that's all. The pain of not knowing plagued her, she couldn't help it. Some days she couldn't even search for supplies. Her and her family had been close. One day, she swore she would make it back to them, and make up for it all.

As Jane came back down to Earth, she realized she had begun to cry a bit, and quickly turned to act like she was going through her supplies. The sniffling was always a dead give away, but if anyone noticed no one said anything. She was thankful for this. "Um...What should we do?" Milly asked. Jane assumed that Milly would want to be with the larger group, and needed to think about if that was what she wanted or not.

Being alone was scary. That was one thing she knew for sure. Milly was someone she felt safe with, and wasn't planning on losing the much needed companionship. "It's up to you, girl. Jennifer seems okay, I'm not sure about anyone else, though.." she mumbled, making sure no one heard her.

Like magic, the conversation before her turned into the decision of whether or not to stay together as a group. It seemed like Archie was doing just fine, which made her happy. She loved helping out. Milly expressed her wants to stay in a group, and Jane bit her lip. Even though she left the decision to Milly, she had sorta hoped that Milly would decide against the group setting. Jane took a few deep breathes and looked around the room to distract herself. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

When Simon began to speak Jane just listened, or at least tried to listen. "I won't offer either of you yet. You may have helped save Archie but it was out of fear mostly. Prove you can help. It doesn't need to be combat or physical even. Just show you can follow most given orders by anyone of us and you can possibly get invited."
Wait, what? Jane couldn't help herself, "Wait, please back up for a second. We STILL have to prove ourselves to you? Did you not just see us follow direct orders from Jennifer, or where you too busy being angry for no reason? Forgive me, for being rude, but that makes absolutely no sense." Jane replied without hesitation. She and Milly had not done all that work for a charity case. They had already earned their place in the group, should they still choose to be a part of it after such an asshole comment. Jane looked over to Milly to see if she had any input, then back to Jennifer. Surely, after everything Jennifer had said, she would stand up for them. If what Milly wanted was to be apart of this group, Jane was going to make damned sure this happened.

idalie idalie Cosmosis Cosmosis Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Once the question was asked, Jennifer listened to others as they gave their input. Archie, who is in no shape to be mucking around alone, realized this. For now. He had to be with someone. Jennifer agreed, but sat there silently and listened as the others spoke.

Milly barely spoke, which Jennifer seemed to note was a trait of hers. She was a scared, confused and weak individual. Jennifer knew she couldn’t be fight for herself, but seemed to survive due to Jane. But up until that point of when they met, Jennifer couldn’t quite understand how she could have made it. Milly finally let out her choice. She wanted to be in a group. This made the group option have two out of seven people. Jennifer sat there quietly and listened as Simon began to speak.

Simon first spoke to Archie, telling him something Jennifer was unaware of, or didn’t notice when it was said, that Simon had a group. With Archie the way he is, Simon offered him a chance to get better with his group. He also turned to Jennifer and spoke. He offered her and Jake a chance to be in his group, should Jake not be a liability. She glanced quickly at Jake, and then back Simon.

“The kid’s not a fighter, but he’s not a liability. He could contribute to a group, just don’t put a gun in his hands and expect him to kill the dead or people,” Jennifer said in a serious tone.

Once she responded, Simon turned to Milly and Jane. Simon began to say he wouldn’t offer them a spot in his group, claiming they were, essentially, unproven. This caught Jennifer by surprise, as they, in her eyes, had proven themselves, especially Jane, who helped save Archie’s life. Jane responded with anger and fire-rightfully so-at Archie. Tensions were about to rise, and Jennifer needed to calm everyone down.

“Okay, okay, whoa, whoa, whoa,” she said, walking to between the two of, her arms out to either side to stop the two from advancing on one another.

“Everyone relax. Let’s not let this get out of hand,” Jennifer said, before turning to Simon, speaking in a calm, cool and collective tone. “Simon, Milly and Jane have proven they are reliable and not useless. Without Jane, Archie may not be alive. They did as I said, regardless of whether or not they were scared. They did it, and that’s what matters. They would have had a chance to kill us if they wanted to. But they haven’t. They’ve proven to be reliable.”

“Now,” began Jennifer as she walked back a bit from between the two, making sure to be in eyesight of everyone. “I think it’s clear at this point the the overwhelming majority wants to be in a group, whether it is for a couple days or longer. I myself feel this way, though the duration at which I’m not sure of myself.”

Jennifer walked back to the wall and leaned against it. She took a deep breath in and then ran her hand through her hair, almost as a nervous tick as she thought about Simon’s group. She didn’t quite necessarily trust Simon. There was a demeanor about him that worried her. She felt almost as if he were using the people to his advantage in some ways. But there was more, and she couldn’t quite figure out what else bothered her about him. Her gut told her not to join the group. She had to buy more time, and think of a valid excuse.

“For now, however, I don’t want to join any larger just yet. I think we should stay in this town for a day or two, let Archie heal more, and gather some more supplies. I need immunosuppressants, because of the heart transplant, or I die. I have enough for now, but I always get more when I can. It allows me to live longer. I want to scavenge this town for more medications, guns and ammo, food, essential stuff, really. Now this isn’t to say we can’t join up with your group. But for now, it is a no from me. I say we stay in the town and gather more supplies. If you want to go ahead to your group, that’s fine by me. But I think the rest of us should stay here. I need more supplies. I can never have enough guns, ammo, medication, food, etc.”

Jennifer hoped that this excuse would sound valid enough to delay a decision to potentially join his group. She didn’t want to, and simply does trust him, and for that matter, his group.

idalie idalie Cosmosis Cosmosis Catharsis Catharsis Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Milly kept silent as the three people started talking. They all seemed to have mixed opinion of staying in a group. She looked at Jane as she suddenly looked uncomfortable after Milly said she wanted to stay. "No-No I...! We don't have to... Um..." She went quiet as Jane suddenly spoke up again, answering back to something Simon had said. She didnt want to say anything, knowing she would just make it worse. But Jane had a point, they did help. She noticed Jane glancing at her, probably hoping for her to have a few words herself. She saw that Jane seemed upset over something. She moved over and gave Jane a couple of soft pats on her shoulder, hoping that would reassure her a little. She didnt like the tension in the room, not that she could do much about it.

She looked at them all, still holding onto her bear anxiously. Milly cleared her throat a little, wanting to say something but couldn't bring herself to. Her stomach was still growling but nobody seemed aware of it which was fine with her. She thought back to when she first met Jane, the woman hadn't eaten for God knows how long and Milly, mostly out of fear but also empathy had given her most of the food she had stocked. She was trying to save it for her mother when she would come back. But she could always explain, right? It took a long time for her fear of Jane to fade, but she was relieved to not be alone anymore. She trusted Jane, she was the stronger out of the pair of them. If anything Milly was more surprised that Jane hadn't tried to kill her and take her things. Milly had only been used to having only one other person for company so going into a group like this was a big ask. Jennifer mentioned that she didnt want part of it. This was becoming confusing and a bit too much for Milly. She moved closer to Archie, who had not said anything, looking to see if he was okay. One thing's for sure, he wasnt in any shape to leave.
Catharsis Catharsis idalie idalie Cosmosis Cosmosis Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45

The Scotsman glanced over at Milly's giggle and shot the girl a winning grin; the same kind you'd find of a cheeky schoolboy. However, it was soon to disappear the moment Simon opened his mouth. "Fer one, your insults are stupid as shit - like always. Two; hangin' with yer group makes me wannae cut my own throat and bleed out on the bathroom floor. Third of all; leave the fuckin' girls alone. Like Jane said, they helped save my life. I don't give a SHIT, whether that was out of fear or friendliness." He jabbed his finger accusingly in Simon's direction. "And Milly is only little. Look at the lass, she's doin' her best." McKeegan had a confrontational trait about him as he faced down the Russian.

He glanced down toward the smaller girl, somewhat debating whether to pat her on the back or otherwise leave her be. After all, he'd done his best to deflect Simon's comments. Alas, Jennifer spoke sense. It was relieving to hear her make a decision based upon less than toxic apathy mixed with an unhealthy dose of hypermasculinity. As much as Archie could be seen as an 'ideal' man who liked rugby, drank himself silly, and had a laddish sense of humour (with an expert knowledge on how to put up shelves) - he was always far more emotionally able than many of his friends. He got the mickey taken out of himself for it, but at no point had he considered it weakness. Although, now within the grasps of an apocalypse - it was simply ... human. The will and want to save the living.

"On another note, I just want a feckin' shirt." He demanded, shuffling forward. Somewhat towards Milly, wrapped in his bedsheet which had now become some sort of cloak. But try being half naked in a hospital that hasn't been used in years - it was chilly, slightly damp, and somewhat had a scent to it of mouldy paper towels and critters who moved in after the dead had stopped moving.

Nevertheless, he leant in toward Milly. "Really sorry for his behaviour, can't take the bloke anywhere. It's like he's just askin' to get a fist in his teeth. I'd gladly knock 'em all out, but the geezer is fond of his smile."

Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Cosmosis Cosmosis Catharsis Catharsis

Simon Petrikov

"I offered as i normally do Arch. Don't get snappy with me in your condition. It's the only warning i'll give." A smile was hidden behind the Russian's beard as he took another sip from his current flask. "Now, You misunderstand me Miss.Jane. I mean my group would need to see the proof as i also need more myself though not as mich. The temporary group here is not mine so i don't fully decide who joins or goes for the most part." Simon stated. Then Jennifer spoke which nearly made the man hang his head.

"Jennifer." Simon looked at her from the corner of his eye. "If you trust a person over one thing you are more follish than i thought you to be. I have a line of trust being thickened for these two," The Russian pointed at the new people. "But i still can cut that tie as of now until more lines come to thicken the first."

Then, he hardened further. "I know you don't trust me. I can see it written on your face if the face could show words of the mind. Don't assume things. This world can black from such things do you understand me woman?" Oh how the man wanted to brawl right now. Blow steam by doing productive things like wood or get to building some new thing.

Moments passed. Then minutes. "If there be a vote i leave then so be it. I see the looks directed my way. Now i'll force a decision on this topic. This isn't a 'Give the man sympathy now that he's found our actual wants.' No. Speak your thoughts without restraint because i'll be dropping the chains the next time i speak after the decision. Choose collectivly right here and now what happens to me on the basis of my were-abouts only. Will i be with you or not?"

'Either option i know what i will do but do these people know what they'd do in either situation?' Simon thought. Jennifer wanted him gone. There was a feeling he had that the lady wanted so as did the others in the room. But how would they do with this ultimatum he wondered greatly about. Crossing his arms, Simon looked at none of them as he stood by the bed Archie resided on. They'd get twenty minutes tops to decide before he chose himself.

Archie began to accuse the Russian, and it was at this point, Jennifer knew this was going to get ugly, one way or another.

“Archie,” Jennifer interrupted him, putting her hand up, “stop, relax.” Jennifer turned to the others. “Let’s be civil about this. We don’t need to resort to name calling or worse.

Jennifer then turned her attention to Simon. He responded with a warning to Archie. The tensions in the room were beginning to grow, and Jennifer was getting increasingly on edge. While her Smith & Wesson M&P-15 Sport II sat on a couch nearby, she still had her Colt M45A1 1911 in her holster. She had became skilled with drawing quick and shooting, learning from the true cowboy. Holliday, who was the leader in her old group. That is, until he left them in the town the day before.

Simon’s anger then was directed at Jennifer. He was fuming inside, and one could see his desire to get into a physical brawl. He had a taste for it. Jennifer started to lock up, and if need be, she was ready to draw her sidearm and shoot Simon is need be. He accused her of not wanting to be with him or his group, stating her apparent lack of trust.

“Simon,” she started, putting both hands in front of her in a “stop” sign. “This doesn’t have to be so heated. Please, let’s relax here.”

The girl wiped sweat off her forehead and took a deep breath in and tried to calm herself, which she had trained herself to do.

“I can’t speak for them,” Jennifer said in a calm, low voice. “But I understand what you’re saying. There’s potential in them you see. But you’re not quite sold on them. They could have killed us by now. They could have killed Archie. They could have done a lot. But they didn’t. And they helped saved the rust bucket over there. I just ask you keep this in mind.”

“With that said,” she started, shifting her weight from one leg to the next, Crossing her arms. “They don’t want to go with you. And that’s fine.”

She then stood up straight, and looking Simon in the eye. She needed to show she wasn’t scared of him. And she had to make tough choices for the betterment of herself and the others. She walked back and grabbed her AR and put the sling around her back, the gun hanging off of her. She didn’t want that gun to end up in the wrong hands.

“Now I don’t appreciate you attacking me for the reasons you stated,” she said, her stare becoming more focused on him. “No one else here seemed to try and lead the rest. For now, I’m the de facto leader of everyone. And I’ve let their voices be heard, and I offered a compromise to buy time for us to trust one another more. If they don’t want to go with you to meet your group, then so be it. That’s what they want.”

“Now there’s me. You’re right, Simon. I don’t completely trust you. But nor do I trust Archie, Milly, Jane, and even Jake. I don’t trust them. I don’t have a reason to be completely trustworthy with them. My decisions are not foolish. I’ve doing my best. But if you want to be with your group, so be it. Archie needs care 24/7 right now. He’s still not 100%. I still believe staying in the town a day or two is best. If you don’t want to do that, so be it.”

The girl then took half a step forward, looking Simon in the eye, a mere two feet from him. Her eyes narrowed, became her voice stern.

“We don’t need damn hostilities or more people getting hurt here. Stand down, Simon, and relax. Because you keep this up, there might be bullets flying. We don’t want that. Stand. Down. And relax. Let’s keep this civil and not resort to violence like you very well would seem to please.”

The girl then took a step back. She made sure she was ready to do a quick draw of her handgun and shoot him if he tried to attack her or the others. With the tensions growing, and will continue to grow, she needs to be ready to defend herself, and others

“Our choice was made,” Jennifer said quietly, returning her attention to Simon. “We want to go in town, stay a night or two, and figure out from there. If you are to leave, so be it. Leave peacefully. We don’t need to turn this into a bloodbath. Leave this peacefully, if you are to leave. Don’t do anything stupid, and we all leave here in alive, in one piece. Let’s be peaceful and end this without any blood spilled or punches thrown.”

Jennifer had to show some backbone. She wanted to diffuse the situation, but violence seemed to be creeping. She would defend the rest from him, if he did anything to attempt to harm her or the others.

Cosmosis Cosmosis Catharsis Catharsis idalie idalie Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Last edited:
Simon Petrikov

A vein appeared on Simon's forehead when Jennifer nearly got in his face. The fact she had grabbed her gun expecting him to do something just made the vein more prominent the more he thought of it. "You claim leader but you don't seem too qualified by saying none have stood up to do so themselves. I directed you lots when Archie was shot. Who immediately went and took out the flesh addicts to save not himself but you? I didn't do it for the departed Austin. I did not do it for the farm boy. For you alone. He growled.

"Yet you dare question me as you do now? As if i am wrong here? I get they don't want to be with my group, let the cowards speak for themselves for once instead of you being like a mother hen. They have vocal cords that work and can use them as we have heard them speak clearly." Simon had said with menace. The man had gotten closer to her face now, his hairy and muscular arms unfolded as she walked off a bit.

"And here you are, ready to let lead bullets fly from a simple spark at a moment's notice yet you tell me to step down?!
" Brief silence tiptoed in. Simon was breathing through his nose calmly yet his calmness was being mixed with building anger.

"Just leave... Our choice was made."
Suddenly two plus shots rang out. A crash and footsteps receeding were heard.

Simon hadn't lost his cool. That was far from what happened. He went to prove a point and cop Jennifer upside the head for her being so paranoid but then she had shot at him and quickly, the man went into defense.

His flat hand balled into a fist and crashed into her shoulder, her body slamming against the wall she was a foot or two away from. He had been hit what he thought was three times.

"Look who..." He took short breaths.

"Look who caused violence. The alledged leader who claimed to *breath* want none. I hope you're happy with what you have done Jen."
His voice was colder than a deep freeze.

Turning, he grabbed Tendy and ran with his bag he carried HAR in while dropping a paper behind as he ran.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The night was a bit chilly. The Russian had went to the building's roof after the altrication knowing he would spot where they went if they chose to leave. The clouds slinked by like a shy cat against a wall.

What had he done? The woman should have knew better then to get in his face and expect nothing. Taking a flashlight out, the man sighed at the bullets in his vest and the bruises forming under the spots they hit at. Wind ruffled his hair and beard, making him face the cold gusts.

"If only she knew... If only it was the right time before this damning duel!" He smashed his fist into the roof, recoiling as the body part throbbed in protest. "I'm sorry for hitting you so hard but you tried to cripple me! What do you expect huh? TELL ME GOD DAMNIT!" He roared into the wind, his voice echoing his last word in the distance. He hadn't felt this way in a long while. Looking for a paper to write more onto it he had dropped it. This only made the guy more distressed. as he looked before giving up, looking in the distance with sorrow almost beyond even himself to cope with.

The paper he dropped had been crumpled up. The words on the scarred paper were simple yet unlike him in the slightest, directed to a woman he had met only a day prior.

"Hello Miss.Jennifer, It's Simon. Simon Petrikov. If you're reading this i must have died or am going too very soon and i'm aware of it.
I write this to say, i am sorry for the things i've done too you. You may not know me very well yet but this letter will be added too as we spend more time near one another. As of now we are in the mansion after you shot Archie the scottish teddy-bear. He may not make it but then again, he's a big guy. If one bullet ends his life, i'll pump him with more so he looks more manly to those who find his skeleton in the future.

I care for you more then you will probably ever-

Signed
Simon Harold Petrikov

Simon’s aggression seemed apparent to Jennifer. All she could see in him was building anger. She took a step back, trying to avoid him getting close. But he kept approaching her. She was getting back into a corner more and more as he approached her and spoke.

“Damn it, Simon, back up or I’ll shoot,” she said, getting defensive.

The Russian didn’t listen. He unfolded his arms, and Jennifer’s defensive mode started to kick in. As soon as his one arm moved towards her, she drew her gun and fired. To her, she perceived it as him winding up to get ready to hit her. As soon as the two shots went off, next thing she knew, she was slammed into a wall by him. The sheer force made her yelp out in pain and fear, dropping her handgun as she was stunned. Simon spoke, but she tried to recover herself. Next thing she knew, Simon bolted out of the room.

“Son of a bitch,” she exclaimed, following a cough as she tried to regain herself, grabbing her handgun, holstering it.

The girl, full of anger at this point, took off, for how fast she could right now, out of the room. Her rifle, which was slung on her back, and alternatively pushed hard against her when slammed into the wall, was now in her hands. She excited the hallway, and into the lobby. There was nothing but the sea of body and body parts on the ground, and her truck in the distance.

He was gone.

The girl exclaimed in anger. She was extremely agitated that Simon did what he did. She had to defend herself, especially in the world they live in today. There was no second chance, and those you don’t trust are nothing more than threats who could shoot you in the back, pretending to help you.

The girl returned to the room, anger flaring, but being replaced by pain. She didn’t feel she had a broken or fractured bone. Instead, she feels she’s going to be severely bruised up at the very least. She walked over to her backpack, still on the floor by the room. She picked it up and turned to the rest.

“Let’s go,” she said. “We’re heading into town. And if we see that son of a bitch, I’m putting a goddamned bullet in his balls.”

As Jennifer turned around, the window in the room reflected her image. She stopped, looking at herself. Blood was dripping from her nose, while more dropped from cuts on her forehead and left brow. Her cloths also had some new blood. Looking at her face, she tried wiping it away. But it only seemed to smudge on her face. Her hair was still in a ponytail, but it looked anything like one. Her hat was barely on as well. Taking her hat off, she then took her hair and made a new ponytail, putting her hat back on after. She then returned her attention to the rest.

“I’m pulling my truck up front and then we’re going into a house in town. We’ll bunker down there for a night or two. If that bastard’s smart, he’ll get the hell out of here. Jake, help Archie get to the truck. Jane, Milly, follow them.”

Jennifer’s voice went low, almost as if she were defeated. She was upset about what happened. She didn’t want this to happen. It had been a hell of a two days for her. They weren’t as bad as other days in her life. But they were a long and eventful two days. She wanted to just get to a house and rest. As the girl walked up to her truck, she scanned around the hospital and surrounding area for Simon. She wondered why there was no blood. Furthermore, he didn’t seem to exhibit the normal pain of someone shot. She came to the conclusion he was wearing level II body armor, easily stopping her handgun ammunition. If it were her rifle, it would have ended up differently. He got another chance at life this way.

Opening up the driver side door, Jennifer looked into the truck. Blood was there from them the day before. She took a moment to take it in, before stepping on the side step, and into the driver seat. Pushing the button, the 6.7 Cummins turbo Diesel engine fired up, the satisfying sound of the Diesel engine filling the air. Putting the truck in drive, she drove to the lobby, and got out to help the others get inside of the truck, remaining quiet the entire time. She didn’t have much to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Morning...
3:56 a.m.

Sleep was illusive this night. Jennifer couldn’t get it. She tossed and turned on her makeshift bed down in the living room. Everyone slept down there, and with success it seemed. Jennifer simply couldn’t. She was bothered by the events of the past two days. Instead of tossing and turning, Jennifer got up, and grabbed her rifle, a couple mixed loaded and unloaded magazines, and seven boxes of .223 Remington and 5.56. Grabbing a chair, as quietly as she could, she walked to the big window in the living room. The curtains were pushed together, to minimize the light coming out of the house from them being in there. But all the candles and lights were off. She pushed them open a little, and looked out into the night. The moon shone bright, illuminating the world around the house.

The house they were in was a small two story house. It hadn’t been well kept it had seemed. But it did the job it needed to. Outside the house, the night sky was bright. While the moon blocked some of the stars, the galaxy’s arms cut through the night sky. The stars and the constellations were visible. Back in the old days, Jennifer loved space. It was a place full of mystery and beauty. She couldn’t help but admire it for a moment.

Sliding back in her chair, she leaned her rifle against the wall in front of her. She grabbed an empty magazine and box of ammo, and started to load them. One by one, a loud click echoed in the house as a round was seated properly in the mag. As she loaded, flashbacks came to her, memories flooded her mind. The life she once had before all of this, her parents. Oh how much she missed her parents. Her mom was an angel. Her father became a father to her in the years before the dead rose. He became someone she loved and looked up to. He turned around and became a man and father. She missed her parents so much.

Then there was her old group, what happened when the dead rose. The world went to hell, and people were lost. Her parents. Friends. Everyone. Austin died almost two days ago. The memories of everyone began to flood her mind. They bombarded her. She leaned forward, and put her hands on her head, her elbows on her knees. The girl began to cry. At first, it was loud, and she tried to be quieter. Whether or not she accomplished that, she didn’t know. But all she could do was cry.

The girl looked at the rifle in front of her. One round straight through medulla oblongata was all it took to end this nightmare. One round through there was all it took to see her parents again, to see Austin again. She grabbed her rifle, staring at it with intense feelings pelting her head on. A mountain of emotion fell on her. She began to wimped quietly. She took a mag, slid it into the mag well. She quietly pulled the charging handle back on her AR-15, putting her hand on the dust cover to make sure it didn’t make much noise. Letting it go forward, the bolt picked a round up, and slid into the chamber. The charging handle went all the way forward, but the bolt didn’t. Jennifer pushed the forward assist, putting the bolt into battery. She tipped the rifle towards her, the barrel looking straight at her. She looked at it, tears starting to pour more from her eyes. She opened her mouth, inserting the end of the suppressor in her mouth, tilting it back. Simultaneously, a hand went down to the lower receiver and flipped the rifle from safe to fire. Her hand tried to move to the trigger, but she couldn’t get it to. She struggled until a finger was touching the trigger.

Tears began to flow from her eyes, her body vibrating violently as she breathed and sobbed as quietly as she could. She began to depress the trigger. Tension built up in her. Her mind was screaming, memories of loved ones in front of her. But her mind screamed no suddenly. The girl pushed the gun forward, it hitting the wall, then falling down, making a loud thud. The girl sat there, still violently shaking and breathing through silent tears, with tears and snot dropping from her face. She sat there and tried to shake it off, but couldn’t. She violently shook and breath, moonlight hitting her face, as a walker limped around mindlessly outside, unaware to her and her struggles, the world unaware of her and her struggles. But most importantly, neither caring about them as she quietly sobbed and shook in the moonlight in that house early that morning, the world not caring about her. The world was a prison she was stuck in.

Cosmosis Cosmosis idalie idalie Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Catharsis Catharsis

Last edited:
Everything seemed a mess. Simon pushing Jennifer back which resulted in Archie somewhat lurching forwards to attempt grabbing the Russian's collar - yet he couldn't seem to reach before Jen's gun went off. He couldn't blame the girl. Yet Simon's smug smile left the Scotsman seething even more so. As if everything was a dollar store gamble. There was brotherhood and then there was dismissal. His over-assured arrogance was a downfall. Nevertheless, he left in the end. The gunfire had deterred him, and to some extent - betrayal. If betrayal could be the right word to Simon's uncouth and violent mannerisms.

Jen recovered. Throwing orders which were gratefully accomplished in a fervour to get away from the hospital's oppressive air. Jake, the younger man helped the lumberjack till they reached the truck, followed by their new additions to the group. Jane and Milly. New names, new faces, yet hopefully not fresh future corpses. The girls seemed nice enough after all.

The engine was ignited, and not once did he look back.

When they reached the house, Archie practically fell comatose with the after-effects of the sedation, succumbing to the comfort of dry blankets and cushions. A collection of which were from beds and couches to create a tidy, neat nest. There was peace. Even if his dreams were surrounded by terror. The only time McKeegan awoke, was because his back had become stiff; even with the cushions. Archie's wound ached, and his head throbbed with dehydration. Quietly, as not to wake anyone else up in the living room, he rolled onto his side and hobbled upright - feeling his way around the wall to get a drink or a breath of fresh air to tide him over till the sun rose.

Alas, in the quiet, dark of the morning he saw her. Jennifer's silhouette against the window. The moonlight streaming through, and a gun lodged in her mouth. Shoulders juddering - shaking. He froze, holding his breath - and immediately danced himself over the sleeping bodies. Not wanting to startle Jennifer, nor make it into a big deal for the poor girl.

The day the world went to hell, he remembered the suicides. People jumped off buildings, fathers smothered children, wives shot husbands, and humanity had gone insane. How many people had he tried to save? How many people did he fail? He couldn't remember. It had been so long ago that the faces blurred into nothingness - yet in that moment they all wore the face of Jennifer.

Archie flinched in the seconds Jen threw her rifle against the wall. Yet it never deterred his path. His large, overworked palm, wrapped around hers from nowhere. Kneeling at her side, with that sincere hazel stare. "You did the right thing, you know." He whispered, patting down his trousers for the handkerchief. One from his logging days, red and frayed - he'd always found use for the little rag. The Scotsman, squeezed her hand. "You're not finished here yet. Not by a long stretch, lass." Using the cloth, he leant further in and dried her tears, wiping beneath her nose like an ill child.

"There we are. You know, if you start leaving early, you wouldn't hear the end of it from everyone up in the golden city, aye?" Archie smiled, brushing any stray strands of hair from her features. "Tell someone before things get this bad, sweetheart. Anyone who will listen. Even God, if you want. I'm nae one to judge." The Scotsman, inclined his head. "I might be a stranger, but I think of myself as one of the good ones. Pride myself with it in fact."

He opened his arms, and practically buried Jennifer in his embrace. "I'm alive because of you, daftie. You saved yourself, you saved me and Simon too. Austin was a hero, a tragic one. But the best you can do for him, is to keep on livin'. Live like he's watchin' you from up high."

Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Cosmosis Cosmosis Catharsis Catharsis

Archie’s hand falling on her own startled Jennifer. She jumped in her chair, turning to look at Archie. He began to speak to her, his words echoing in her head, alongside her own mind, the turbulent thoughts eating away at her. She didn’t speak until he was done. Jennifer hadn’t felt this way since she killed those two people looking for help with Austin. So much was lost of her. So much of her has changed. She became the face of a devil for awhile, a cold blooded, ruthless murderer. She was what she didn’t want to be. She wanted things to be back to the way they were before, with her family again. She wanted the deaths she saw to be erased. She wanted to be with them. She wanted to be with them and the Heavenly Father above with her family.

But she couldn’t be.

Jennifer had a duty now. She couldn’t just leave now. She had people to look after. She had lives under her command. Her failure means their failure. Her death means their death. She couldn’t leave them.

In the dark moonlight, Jennifer wrapped her arms around Archie, having a shoulder to cry on for the first time since her parents died. She began to rain tears from her eyes, the tears soaking up Archie’s shirt. Her breathing was sharp, yet shaky. She wrap her hands in her shirt, and let her pain flow from her eyes. There was so much pain. There was so much wrong. There was so much she wished she could change. But she knew she couldn’t. She knew she was a prisoner on this world. She knew she had to answer for her sins.

“I.. I.. I-I-I-I,” Jennifer struggled to say, behind her tears, she couldn’t get more than one syllable out without needed to take a sharp breath in. “I-I-I ca-can-can’t do-d-do it,” she continued to struggle to say.

Her vision was clouded with tears. She couldn’t see anything. Her hearing was stuck between hearing the world around her, and her body’s emotional reaction.

The girl continued to cry, with the embrace of someone there to finally let it all out to. She needed this. She needed someone there. For far too long as she alone. For far too long did she bottle it in too much. For far too long, she let herself go out into the deep end, and let herself sink farther down until she was drowning in a sea of her own sins, the devil grabbing her ankle as he pulled her further down. Righteousness and just were slowly coming out of her mouth in bubbles of air, as she breathed in the damnation of the path she chose.

But the devil was losing a firm grip on her. She began to slip from his grasp. The angels of the heavens on high came down with a holy force of repentance and forgiveness, the Lord echoing in her ear with love and understanding, the gentle caress of his love and care.

As Jennifer began to regain herself, she still continued to shack. Her body was cold, her hair a mess. She let go of Archie and stared out the window, Archie right there with her.

“I miss them so much,” Jennifer struggled to say, her having almost no energy to speak. “I miss my mom... I miss my dad... I miss the life before this, who I was, who I used to be.”

“I’ve walked a path full of pain and darkness, clouding me like the fog clouds the road in front of you. I was pushed down the path I didn’t want to take. I’ve done things that I can’t forgive myself for.”

Readjusting her positioning in the seat, the girl glanced over at Archie, looking him in the eyes. She saw something in his eyes she used to see in her own: kindness. Jennifer was once a kind and loving person. But with everything that happened to her, she had forsaken that path in place of one that would ultimately lead her into an abyss where she couldn’t tell left from right, up from down, and day from night. The girl was a shell of what a person once was. She let the world take her and be thrown into that direction. And she couldn’t figure out how to get out, but she knew she was heading the right direction to reach that exit. But she didn’t know how to get there.

“And now I have to lead you, Jake, and the two new girls so we can survive. Leadership was forced upon me when I didn’t want it to. But it had to,” she said, staring back out the window, the walker on the ground, eating something, a small animal, most likely.

“Where the hell did it all go wrong,” Jennifer said, holding her head low as she leaned forward, then resting it on her hands, a tear or two coming from her eyes. “I was just a couple of days ago with my group, Austin alive, Holliday leading us. If anything, I was the second one along the line of leadership. Then that son of a bitch left us in the street, and Austin died because of me.”

The woman’s head sank farther into her hands, the weight of the his death hanging on her shoulders like a heavy weight. “If I hadn’t shot those people, those damn undead bastards wouldn’t have swarmed us. And he wouldn’t have died.”

Jennifer looked down, and pulled out a shaggy piece of paper. Tallies were on it. She turned it towards Archie, letting the moonlight illuminate it. She could see his eyes in the moonlight, glistening with almost an innocence far lost these days.

“26 people. But I’ve killed 27 people,” she said, as she took out a pen and drew another line. “Austin’s death is my fault. My actions lead to him dying. It’s as much my fault as the other deaths I have caused.”

“I’ve done so much killing,” she said, putting the paper back in her pocket with the pen, slouching back in her chair, looking at the star clusters and nebulae in the arms of the Milky Way above her. “I’m a religious person, Arch. I’ve always believed in the heavenly Lord above. I’ve broken his commandments. I’ve killed. I’ve killed people because I wanted to. I shot a man and his wife who presented no threat to me. We traded some supplies and as they turned around, I shot both in the back. Because I wanted to kill. That was it. I wanted to kill.”

“I’m,” started Jennifer, wiping her eyes of tears, “I’m no better than the sick son’s of bitches in this world. I’m just as sick as those fuckers in that hospital that one day, the group that killed my family and their leader who tried to... do things to me numerous times I didn't want but I stopped him from doing so, by some miracle of God. I’m in a category with those sick sons of bitches. I am one of them. I lost my faith and became one. Now I’m finally coming back around, and I know that I’ve forsaken the Lord. I know my spot in hell is reserved for what I’ve done. I can only make up for it in this earth by trying to be better. By trying to make it a better place. If only then my past harms and crimes can be slightly forgiven, I will.”

Jennifer turned her attention to her rifle. She remember getting that when she was 18. It was her first AR-15, one she continually worked on. If she only knew then what that rifle would do in her hands.

“I’m sorry, Archie. I’m sorry I just said all I’ve done. I’m broken. I’m lost. I have no real conviction to live. All I have is the people I’m with and getting them to live and and be safe. If I can make this world a safer place, then my duty’s fulfilled. Now, I don’t have any real reason to live. Family’s dead, my friends are dead. I’ve got nothing. All I have is you guys. And I barely know any of you except Jake. Even then, I’m not close with him. I don’t have a soul I’m close with.”

Jennifer turned in her chair, and faced Archie directly. “Thank you, Archie. I haven’t had anyone to open up to. So much has been bottled in for so long. I’ve driven myself insane. I’ve gone off the deep end and back. Now here I am, trying to make it right for the sins I have committed, trying to lead you all to safety. I’ll fulfill my duty until I’m torn apart by walkers, killed by another survivor, or until my donor heart runs out. I’ve already used half of it’s lifespan up. If I make it past 13 years, I won’t be around much longer. Not if I can get another., which I highly doubt I will in today’s world.”

“But,” she said, her voice low, observing her hand still, shaking from before. “I’ve got six years left. Six years unless something else gets me. I shouldn’t be talking ahead so far. It’s not even tomorrow yet.”

Jennifer looked at Archie again in the eyes, the sun starting to peak it’s rays over the trees, and lighting up his face more.

“It’s early. I robbed you of sleep. Go get some more. You need it after that operation.”

Archie needed the sleep for his body to rest and repair itself. It would be selfish of her to keep him up longer.

“But Archie,” Jennifer said, looking down at her hands, folding them together and taking them apart rapidly as a nervous tick, “thank you. You’re one of the good ones left. I wish I could erase what I’ve done and be like you. Thank you so much. Now go, rest.”

The girl leaned back in her seat, expecting Archie to walk away and sleep. Whether he would or wouldn’t, she hadn’t known. But she closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath in. The woman was trying to reconcile for her sins. She was trying to find a new purpose. For now, it was her group and their survival. She had to lead for them, for them to be safe and live, and hope that one day, if she makes it to heaven, she can look down above and see the good they have done after her donor heart expires. She wants to see that her last years lead to that. She wanted to reverse all the wrongdoings she had committed. She began to silently pray, mouthing the words to certain prayers, as the sun crept through the tree branches onto her face.

idalie idalie Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Cosmosis Cosmosis Catharsis Catharsis

Last edited:
He clutched her to his chest in such a way, you'd think her to be a long-lost friend. The care and consideration it took to wipe her tears away, only for them to pour again - soaken-up by his shirt in that comforting circle. Archie's palm cupped her head to his shoulder (Or just below it, as Jennifer came up to him on height), hushing her as best he could, whilst using a calm, repetitive pattern of smoothing down her hair. "You can, Jennifer. You're a survivor." McKeegan gently consoled, "And survivors like us, we don't give up without fighting tooth and claw for whats left. Even if we're the only thing standin'." Jen began to slip from his grasp, moving away to face the window.

"Sweetheart. We all miss it. I know I'd do anythin' for a big hug from me ma, or a phone call with my pa. I'd lose my left arm if I could just - see it all again. You should've seen it. Big, green rolling hills. Stone fences. Little streets." His gaze flickered down to his hands. "Doin' dark things is the way people are now. Even the good 'uns. I've done my best, but I couldn't do enough, Jen. Perhaps my path hasn't been as bad as yours, but it's ... it's been eye-openin'. I know what I gotta protect now. I know - what's the most precious thing to save. And it's not me. It's the people in this room, you included. I don't care what you've done, I won't judge what happened to you. Because I know, there's a sweet girl beneath all that."

McKeegan put his hands on either side of Jen's cheeks. Pulling her head to look at him with that firm sincere gaze. "If you're having trouble leading, then let me help you. I will share any burden, no matter how big or small. You're just a wee lass, and I can't be doin' with tears every night. Hm?" His gaze was drawn to her tallies. And he shook his head. "Austin wasn't your fault, that situation had a million possibilities. I could've died, and you'd still have him, Jen. But I wouldnae be on that list."

His features never adapted far from sympathy and faith, nonetheless. Stroking the side of her jaw. "You look at me, now. I mean it. It doesn't matter. You killed that couple, and you own up to it. You've learned from your wrongdoings and you've suffered. We've all suffered. But you dare, you dare, call yourself something close to those men, who tried to take something you didn't want to give - and I'll make sure you get sick of me telling you the truth. Those men? They made you take out your pain and humiliation on somebody else. I'm not an intelligent man, Jennifer. But I understand cause and effect. What they did to you ... what they did to you, is nothing to believe in separately. It built up. It built up and this world went to shit. Killing things was a - mechanism. The big fella up in the sky, well, I read the bible too. They said he forgives, lass. Me? I want to be buried under a big oak tree. I don't want to go to heaven. I want to stay here. You know why? Because I want to become part of it. Part of this place we call Earth. People look outwards and upwards but ... for me, I think it's right here. All I need."

McKeegan let Jennifer's face go from his grasp. "Six years, and I'm going to make sure you die tucked up in bed. Someone is gonnae hold your hand, and it'll be comfortable. I promise you that. I promise you, when you die - I'm staying. Right by your side. And your duty, will be to lighten up from now on. er right party pooper." Archie wiped his cheeks. The big man had begun crying too.

Yet when she told him to go back to sleep, the Scotsman remained. Watching the dawn as she prayed. "Y'know, when yer gone, I'll rename a constellation after you n' everythin'. It's just gonnae be a big gun."

Milly tried to focus on Archie as she heard both Jennifer and Simon become heated. She wanted to move back towards Jane but she was afraid that if she moved at the wrong time or did something at all, it would cause them to turn their anger on her. They hadnt before and a voice in Milly’s head told her she was being ridiculous but… she couldnt take any chances! When there was a shot and Simon then attacked Jen, Milly jumped up so quickly that it caused a sharp pain in her knees. “NO!” She squeaked, pulling her knife from its holder but stopped as Simon stormed out. Feeling stupid she sat back down, watching Jennifer with her baby blue eyes. She wanted to go to Jennifer to reassure her but at this point, that was a terrible idea. Feeling overwhelmed, she put her head down on Archie’s bed. It didnt smell good but still...

After Jennifer seemed to calm down a little before they all seemed to set out to go elsewhere. She squeaked and sat on the ground. Milly wished they never came across this hospital. It was better when it was just her and Jane. But it was not like she could do anything now. She would just have to cope with it. Picking up her bear, she followed them as they took Archie out first. It was only when they got to the door of the hospital that Milly froze. She could only just see what was outside. It was dark. And there were probably monsters! There were too many places for them to jump out! Where was she supposed to run if that happened? It was so big, anything could be out there! What if there was an ambush!? Whimpering, Milly shook her head and started going backwards, the hospital was eerie with its long corridors and flickering lights but it was still safer than out there! But she felt herself being shoved forward so was forced to comply. Even in the truck she did not feel safe! Still… could be worse. She could be alone.

Milly was mostly zoned out during the journey and only reacted when she felt herself being thrown forward as the truck suddenly stopped, making her yelp. As everyone clambered out of the truck, Milly held back again, sitting with her knees to her chest. She did not want to leave. But when she looked outside, after adjusting her glasses, she thought that the place looked… familiar? Milly gingerly got out and quickly followed them inside the house. She did not react much more and just lied on her side, not even looking around yet. Her knees still hurt and still being hungry, her head as well as her stomach ached terribly. Milly just sighed and curled herself up into a ball, trying to sleep…

Milly only managed to sleep for a short time before the inevitable nightmare came and woke her up. “N-No...No-MUM!” She squeaked as she jumped up, looking around anxiously. The house was still very quiet and there was nothing happening, no monsters, no raiders… Milly’s lip quivered as she put her head on her knees. She could not remember the last time she had a proper sleep. Even before the world ended, she was woken up by nightmares. But… at that time she had her mother.

But as she was thinking about this, she squeaked upon hearing something hit the wall. But then she heard two voices. Biting her lip, Milly got up and moved towards it anxiously. As she got closer, she could hear it was Jennifer and Archie. Jennifer sounded really upset, talking about her own parents and home. Milly bit her lip and kept silent. She didn’t know what to do. If she went in then she’d just upset them but… she knew that if she tried to go back to sleep, she wouldnt be able to. Milly could never stand the thought of anyone being in distress, even when that person almost killed her before. She did not know what to do. She just sat outside, holding onto her bear. She didnt want to eavesdrop but… she hated the thought of someone being miserable.
idalie idalie Catharsis Catharsis Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Cosmosis Cosmosis

The kindness Archie showed towards Jennifer was something that she couldn’t describe. It touched her, as in this world, no one really cared unless you were in a group and close to them. Even then, that kindness might not show, depending on the person. This kindness, however, Jennifer hadn’t seen since before the dead rose up. The girl listened again as Archie spoke. She didn’t interrupt. She just listened, tearing up at moments. But when once he started talking about her inevitable death, and what he said he’d do, she held back tears, biting her lip. It was one of the kindest things she’s had someone say to her since the world changed. Archie was a rare soul in this world. No one cared liked this these days. Kindness like this didn’t remain much these days. It was rare. This made Jennifer all that more determined to lead them, and make sure they live, him especially included. Kindness like that was what the world needed more of, and needed to be safeguarded.

“Thank you,” Jennifer said behind tears of happiness and a laugh after his last comment, leaning forward and giving Archie a hug, before releasing and wiping tears from her eyes.

“Archie, I’ve got six years to survive a little longer, granted I don’t run out of my medication or the world gets me first. No pills, my body kills the heart,” Jennifer let out a chuckle, and returned her eyes to the outside. The sun was rising more behind the trees and houses. “I won’t get a new heart. Even if I did, retransplantation survival rates are low, extreme low. My death sentence is ahead of me. I guess in ways it’s a gift and a curse these days.”

“If I need help leading, I will tell you. But for now, I need to do it alone. I need to prove to myself I can,” Jennifer said as she scratched her head, trying not to scatch open a cut.

“And that gun constellation, make sure is an AR-15 or I’ll spite your ass from up above,” she said with a laugh, turning her head to the wall, staring at it momentarily. The laugh though, wasn’t one of total joy with a smile. It was a half smile, with sorrow mixed into the gaze. She knew her end was a little more than half a decade away, and it was eerie to her, and saddening in ways.

“And you’re right. I’m a survivor, and I’ve survived in brutal and horrific, and sinful ways, and the Lord is forgiving, you’re right,” Jennifer said, true king back to Archie, tilting her head, and giving a slight smile. “And thank you for not judging me. I could be the devil in your eyes, but I’m not. You choose not to look at me that way. Thank you. Thank you for understanding and being this kind. I haven’t seen this in a long time, nor have I seen that in myself years ago.”

The room was silent after that. Jennifer just returned her gaze to the window, watching the sun slowly rise in the sky. She thought back to her nerdier days when she’d tell people cool (or at least she thought) physics things and stuff about space and biology and evolution. She loved the sciences, as she felt they explained how the Lord did what he did. The sun rising made her think of how the light is 8 minutes old, so the sun you see was really 8 minutes in the past, or how when you saw the sunrise in the morning was light bending in the atmosphere, before it would actually be physically in your view. They were simpler times, ones she missed, ones all people missed.

Her thoughts were interrupted by noise behind her. Jennifer turned her head, and saw behind her near a wall Milly looking at them. Milly seemed like a child to her. Her demeanor was childlike, an innocent aura pulsating to her. Though she didn’t know her for long, and she almost killed her, Jennifer felt an almost maternal feeling with her. Her childlike innocence she wanted to protect. Jennifer didn’t know why, but she had that sense, that feeling with her. Though, at the moment, she hoped she didn’t hear Jennifer before.

“Hey,” Jennifer said, waving to her with a smile. She wasn’t sure what to say next, so she looked away for a couple seconds, before turning back to her. “Can’t sleep? I have some medication that might help.”

She didn’t know what to say to her, so she tried to be kind and offer speed aids, though the sun was coming up. Sleep is useful, regardless of the time of day it is.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish idalie idalie Catharsis Catharsis Cosmosis Cosmosis

"Ach, six years or less, who gives a shit? Ain't got nothin' to lose no more. Forget about it, fuckin' deadlines get missed or handed in early. No need to make yerself a countdown." He grinned, enveloping Jennifer in a large hug as the girl leant forward from her chair. "I promise, it'll be down in the history books." Releasing her a second after she let go of him, Archie sat back on his haunches. "You take each day as it comes, each problem as it comes. Youse are a buncha silly fuckin' modern-minded asses. In this world, we don't look to the future till we get the present right. Got it?" He jokingly narrowed his eyes, giving Jen a light, comforting nudge.

"AR-15 it is, sweetheart. I'll burn a few astrology books and nobody'll be the wiser." McKeegan tapped the side of his nose theatrically with a wink. Yet even so, the Scotsman tilted his head forward with a gentle laugh. "I don't look at anybody in the wrong light, unless they do somethin' to me or my friends. And nothin' comes between me and mine." Archie closed his fist, the tendons in his arm standing out as he bunched the muscle. "Because they'll get my fist in their teeth." He clicked his tongue, and slowly got up. Holding onto the back of Jennifer's chair as a slight dizziness overcame him, one hand holding his abdomen. "Oof." Nevertheless, blinking a few times and adjusting was all he needed.

Glancing towards Milly, the lumberjack shook his head at Jen and motioned to the rising sun. "Naw, we got an insomnia club goin' on - and it looks a little early to be goin' back to sleep. Why not start makin' breakfast already?" He waved his hand and neatened up the collar of his red flannel. He'd discovered the shirt when they arrived, and although it was made for a rounder man, the clothing fit his broad shoulders - which was more than enough to persuade Archie over the new clothes. Made for logging initially, the material was thick and warm; certainly not used since the previous occupant. He tucked the rest of the baggy material into his trousers, presenting himself as both intimidating and funnily enough a replica of Paul Bunyan to the bone. All he needed was the big belt buckle.

Approaching the younger girl, Archie stuck out his worn hand. "Yer the little lass, huh? Sorry the hospital weren't so formal. Nice tae finally meet you properly." McKeegan then motioned to the bear. "And whats this fellas name, or don't he have one?" Of course, Archie thought it odd someone her age would carry around a stuffed animal. But after the apocalypse, occasionally there was issues of stunted development - feeling safer amongst childish things. Memories and wanting protection. And in other situations, it was a coping mechanism to carry memoirs. Yet the girl was sickly, and both the hospital and adult world seemed to have torn itself away from the poor gal.

Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Catharsis Catharsis Cosmosis Cosmosis

Milly jumped as she realized she had been noticed by both Jennifer and Archie. She was about to run away when Jen said something. She had a different tone in her voice as she asked her if she could not sleep, like she was concerned. “Um…” Milly didn’t answer for a few seconds, simply blinking her baby blue eyes at them, “I… I had a nightmare.” she looked away, preening the bear’s head as she tried to think of an appropriate answer “And I heard a loud bang but…. That’s it.” She did not want them to know she had heard what they were talking about, it was clearly a private thing and not something for her to poke her stupid nose in.

She noticed Archie putting his hand out and, after looking at either side of the room, she walked up to him and shakily put her hand in his as he apologized for before in the hospital “It’s okay, a lot was going on.” She bit her lip as she looked between the two. When Archie asked about her bear, her grip on it grew tighter on it. “She did but… I dont remember it.” Milly said with a little shrug.

When Archie mentioned breakfast, Milly suddenly felt a very tight pain in her stomach, “Ow!” She squeaked and dropped her bear to wrap her arms around her stomach, just hoping the cramping would go away quickly. It was her own fault for not eating, she knew that but still, it did not really matter. After a few moments, the feeling went away. Once it did, she took the bear again and held it against her stomach, looking away from the pair and putting her nose under the neck of her light blue wooly jumper. Great...
Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 idalie idalie Cosmosis Cosmosis Catharsis Catharsis

Last edited:
With the sun rising, meaning morning is upon them, Archie’s suggestion to eat breakfast was a fair one. But there wasn’t much they could eat. There was cereal boxes, breakfast bars, just general food. Food was limited, and with five mouths to feed, there had to be careful consideration to how much food everyone received. To make matters worse, the food supply that Jennifer had in her truck had been depleting quicker than she’d like. Before they moved out of the town, they needed to try and gather whatever food there was in the area.

“Archie’s right,” Jennifer said, getting up from her chair, trying to be quieter so that she didn’t wake Jake or Jane up. “We need to eat breakfast. But this is five mouths to feed, and my food supplies are drying up quick. I’ll need to go out into town, try and dig up whatever food I can. That, or I go hunting. Let me check my truck first, and see what my supplies are at. If you have anything, I suggest you eat it. Rationing will be necessary if we don’t find more.”

The food situation was starting to worry Jennifer. When she was with Holliday, the combined trucks had enough food for everyone to not have to ration. But with Holliday gone, that left approximately 2/5 of the food supply they had. Jennifer got up and told the others she was going to check on the food in the truck. Walking out the door, she checked her surroundings. You could never be too safe or cautious in this world.

As Jennifer stepped up to the Ram 2500, she unfolded the bed cover and stepped up onto it. She looked at the food, trying to count it up. Luckily, Jennifer sorted her items specifically for organizational purposes. She packed breakfast foods (such as cereal and breakfast bars) and snacks. In another was canned foods, as they often were the most useful foods in the world now, and various fruits and vegetables. Larger food, including any meats, kept in a cooler, even though she smoked the meat for preservation. It made storage easier for them to be in that. While Jennifer’s truck carried most of the medication, Holliday’s held more of the food. This complicated their situation. Once she counted up the food, she knew they were in trouble.

“I’ve got some bad news,” Jennifer said to Archie and Milly as she walked back in. “Food’s low. I’m missing 3/5’s of the food we had when the other truck was here. We have maybe four days of food, if we ration carefully. We need more. Like I said earlier, I need to go out and search the town for food, and possibly hunt at the same time.”

The woman walked to a wall, and leaned her back against it. Pushing her bangs out of her eyes and behind her ear, she sighed. The whole situation is a mess. They were low on food, there was injured, they were in unknown territory. There was more problems than solutions in their case.

“I don’t know who I should take out with me. Jake’s not capable as a survivor. He’s just a scared kid. You’re,” Jennifer said, pointing to Milly, “a no since you have eye and knee issues. Jane I don’t know about, and you, Archie, need to rest.”

Jennifer sighed again, putting her hand on her head in frustration. “I suppose I might as well go out alone, but I don’t want to leave y’all here. Y’all aren’t capable of defending yourself, god forbid something happens, or if Simon shows up, maybe for revenge. Lord knows. I can try hunting in the woods nearby, but even that’s risky. I don’t know what the hell to do. We have to stay here a few more days so we can rest up and gather supplies. I might be slightly injured from the GSW’s, I am capable. I don’t want to leave here and render you defenseless. Just... shit. Just shit.”

“Milly, you know this place better than me. Are there any food stores or something that would have food for us,” she asked Milly, in a focused and intensive manner. “It helps”

“Archie, you have any ideas here? Do you think y’all could hold your own if I went out to gather food?”

idalie idalie Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Cosmosis Cosmosis Catharsis Catharsis

“Town’s coming into view,” said the man in the passenger seat. “I’m telling you that I don’t think this will end well. I got a bad feeling about this.”

“Relax,” the driver said, “I want him back. We don’t leave our men behind. We got a time and a place. Will’s too valuable to us. He’s the key to turning the tide in our favor.”

“Your funeral then,” the passenger said quietly as he slouched in his seat, looking at a map. “Weston Manor is about another mile out. Same plan?”

“Yup,” the driver replied.

The M35A2 went down Gee Lick Road, the Diesel engine roaring as it went along. As they entered the town, the truck stopped Kunst Drive.

“Alright, time for you to get out. You know the plan. Get on top of the mart, and provide cover. Make sure your ballistic equipment, Dave.”

“You got it, Mack,” said Dave, grabbing his Ruger Precision Rifle, and clambering a round.

Dave got out of the truck, and walked to the back, grabbing the equipment and putting it on. Once on, he knocked on the side of the Deuce and a Half. Mack then put it on drive, and drove to the meeting zone on Route 119 where Edgewood met up with it. Once there, he put the truck in park and turned it off. Mack then put his hand out the window, and signaled to Dave, looking in his sideview mirror. On top of the mart, u see a camouflage blanket that blended in with the roof, Dave’s hand signaled back. With the two of them in place, Mack waited, grabbing his Arsenal AK-74u SBR. Mack was a tall man, around 6’6. He had a beard that he didn’t tend to. He looked ratty, compared to his accomplice Dave.

Mack leaned back in his seat, and played around with his rifle. He flipped the safety on and off. While sitting there, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a cigar and a lighter. Putting the cigar in his mouth, he flipped the lighter and lit the cigar. He took a puff of the cigar, and slowly letting the smoke out. With a satisfying grin, he went back to playing with his rifle, waiting for the meeting to commence.

After 15 minutes, a car, a small sedan, came down Route 119. Mack looked up from his seat in the truck, and watched as two men and a prisoner came out. “Showtime,” he whispered to himself. Opening up his door, Mack hopped out, cigar in mouth, the rifle over his shoulder. One of the men who hopped out of the other car pointed a gun at him.

“Hands up,” he yelled at Mack.

Mack just smiled, letting out a small chuckle. He raised his arms, and the man walked over to him, and took his rifle off his back.

“Feeling threatened, Dutch,” Mack asked the man, hands still up with cigar in his mouth, looking at Dutch, Will blindfolded and hands tied behind his back.

“Hand her over,” Dutch responded promptly, “and hand over our shit.”

“Can’t we ju-,” started Mack, being cut off by Dutch.

“Now,” barked Dutch.

“Alright, Alright. Go get them before you bust a nut. Jesus... they’re in the back,” responded Mack.

The man who took Mack’s rifle went around back, and looked into the bed under the canvas. Mack stood there, grinning as he reached for his cigar, and took another breath in. As he let out the smoke from his mouth, the man in the back started to make noise.

“There’s nothing ba-,” said the man, suddenly dropping dead.

Mack grabbed his .38 revolver hidden under his shirt, in an Urban Carry holster. He pointed the gun at Dutch. Dutch, at the same time, pointed his gun at Will.

“You son of a bitch! This wasn’t our fucking deal, Mack! Where the fuck is she,” shouted Dutch at him.

“Hand him over,” Mack shot back at Dutch.

“Like hell I am.”

“Dutch, Hand him over, or you get a round through your head.”

“To hell with this deal,” Dutch said.

Another shot went off, and Will fell to the ground. Dutch then shot towards Mack, missing, and Dave. Both Dave and Mack returned fire, but both missed as Dutch jumped into his car and sped away.

“Son of a bitch,” Mack exclaimed. He ran over to Will, and examined the shot. The bullet skimmed the side of Will’s head, with it taking some of his skull with it. His brain was visible. The bullet continued down and took Will’s right war with it, and then entered his shoulder. Mack felt for a pulse. There was a slight pulse.

“Shit, shit, shit,” Mack exclaimed.

Mack hadn’t a clue what to do. Will’s pulse started getting fainter.

“No, no, no. C’mon, Will, stay with me here,” Mack said, trying to do something to stop the bleeding.

The injury was serious. Mack nor Dave had any idea what to do. Their surgeon was too far away to take Will to. He was in too critical of a condition.

While Mack was trying to figure out what to do, several shots rang out, and the road in front of his shot up rubble as the rounds impacted it. Mack ran back to the bed of his truck, grabbing his rifle and the dead man’s rifle on his way up into the bed. Mack looked up for Dave. He wasn’t longer there. Mack had not a clue where he was.

Mack grabbed his AK, and he led to see if he was chambered and flipped the safety off. Several shots rang out, with holes appearing in the canvas, light shining through them. He was too exposed to fire. As he sat there in the back, he saw Dave. Dave started opening fire. The shots were then directed at Dave. Mack used this opportunity to stick his barrel out from under the canvas canopy. He saw three individuals, and opened fire on them. One dropping, the other two scattering.

Mack jumped out of the truck, and hid behind a side of it. One of the men he could see peering out of cover. He quickly fired on them, and their body dropped to the ground. One more person was left. Mack heard another shot, this being from Dave. Dave ran over to Mack.

“We’re clear,” Dave said panting and singing in pain. The sound of a vehicle storming off in the distance struck their ears, and a car speed away from the town.

Mack turned around and looked at Dave. A bullet impacted his body armor plate. It didn’t go through, but the energy transfer injured him, perhaps cracking a rib.

“What the hell just happened,” Mack yelled in anger. “Why didn’t you get Dutch before he shot Will!?”

“I thought I saw those individuals getting ready to attack you as they walked into the woods. Dutch fired when I was trying to track them,” Dave responded between winces of pain and panting.

“Well fucking great. Will’s dead and so is the valuable shit he knew. Fucking great, absolutely fucking great,” Mack yelled, and walked over to Will. Another shot entered his head. There wasn’t much left of it at this point.

“What now,” asked Dave.

“Gather weapons and ammo, collect what we can and let’s head back,” Mack replied, after letting his anger out as he breathed out. His cigar was on the ground near Will. He picked it up up, and cleaned off some blood, and put it in his mouth.

“Let’s get this over with,” Mack said, walking back to the truck, checking for critical bullet holes. He looked around, but could smell fuel. Sure enough, a shot hit the fuel tank, and was leaking fuel.

“Fuck,” he said, trying not to get too angry and lose his cool. The bullet impact was about halfway down the tank.

“Dave, we ain’t going anywhere. Bullet hit the fuel tank. We have to find something to plug it up with. We lost a good amount of fuel,” he yelled to Dave, who was across the street. “Go find us a new ride for a plan b out of this damn place. Take a talkie, radio me if you find anything.”

“What a great fucking great day it is today,” he said sarcastically to himself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back