• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Day of Daggers (MxF, Adv-Lit)

BlxckWyvern

Reclaimer
[M4F] The Day of Daggers (Medieval Fantasy, Adv-Lit)

Today, I'd like to advertise something that has been five years in the works- a fantasy universe I have spent countless hours building and developing; taking inspiration from medieval fantasy linchpins such as Lord of the Rings, The Elder Scrolls, and the Witcher- whilst also building lore which is amazingly unique and like no other. There is a lot to learn, but I'm looking for more than a writing partner, but someone who will also adopt this intricate, carefully crafted world as their own, as we develop new lore together. I find it difficult to put into words how excited I am to finally put this out there after years making it- anyway, enough of my babbling, and down to the details. I am advanced literate to novella. I would personally say the length of my replies and the detail I put into it easily hits novella the vast majority of the time, and I'm looking for my partner to share this same writing style. Also, you should be able to play multiple characters, as the story will slowly and steadily gain more and more permanent characters who we shall both play and discover. Your character is up to you, though it may be wise to enquire to me about the existing races in my lore so you can see what is up for grabs. You will of course be able to design her as you please. Any characters you would like to introduce later will be entirely up to you. Directly below will be a rather lengthy plot which will introduce you to the world/universe and how the story will start off; I anticipate you having many questions, and I can answer every single one, so don't be afraid- how many does not matter.

Plot:

Time is measured in Ages- an Age ends with a world-changing event: war, a great catastrophe, a deity's ire... Time itself hangs in the balance of devastation, and no one knows when it will come, and a new Age will start anew. The date is 275 years into the Sixth Age, and the world is completely unaware the final hours of the Sixth Age is coming to an end... as well as many lives.

The gargantuan continent of Empirilis is ruled by the robust 'Empire'- which consists of every race upon Empirilis coming together in a democratic alliance that rules equally. Nearly encompassing the west of Empirilis is the gigantic country of Skorpain, renowned for its cunning Pharaohs, scorching deserts and awe-inspiring pyramids. 275 years in the past, the Kingdom of Skorpian was enveloped in a long and difficult civil war, as the North and South of this province quarreled about who was to be their next Pharaoh, as their last ruler had just perished without an heir. The Empire tried to intervene with their massive standing army- the Imperial Legion, but which side to back eluded them. the South won, and charged to hunt anybody who would call themselves 'Northeners'. The Empire prevented this by banishing the Skorpanian Northeners from Empirilis, and to an uncharted archipelago which would become known as the Isles of Hias. As the denizens of the Empire forgot about the ostracized Northerners, the same could not be said for the banished. They named themselves the 'Hiasians', and would build their strength for over two hundred years; using their hatred as a tool to train armies washed over with anti-Imperial propoganda. They were ready... no longer wanting to take back Skorpain, but annex the entire continent of Empirilis. The Emperor, Gallus Ionik had recently been married with a grand and exquisite wedding, to the beautiful new Empress, Eva Ionik. The Hiasians had hired an assassin to grow close to the Emperor over a couple years, to where she would assassinate him on their wedding night. With Empirilis now without an Emperor, and the assassin Eva planting disarray and panic into the Empire, the Hiasians launched an invasion a few billion men strong. Every monarch of every province and kingdom was removed to ensure utter weakness... communication upon Empirilis is a mess, with countries unaware who still stands against the Hiasian invasion. The vast Kingdom of Alraith consists of a talented and gentle people- possessing cat ears, eyes, and tails, with an appearance mirroring a human except for their feline additions. With Alraith being one of the most loyal Imperial provinces, the Hiasians begin there; descending upon the Alraithian Royal Palace and instigating an assault, and burning the beautiful building down to ensure no survivors.. leaving a smouldering palace, slain monarchs and glassy-eyed hand-maidens laying in the dirt. Alraith is without a leader, and the kingdoms and provinces of the Empire are soon to follow. A wounded Imperial soldier sights the smoke from a mile away, and rushes to help, only to find no one left but YOU- were you at this palace, did you see the smoke as well? Either way, paths collide... Together, the two plot to reclaim all they have lost, under a new regime that strengthens by the day- Hiasians rule with an iron fist, howls echo from lands beyond Empirilis, and primordial evil awakes to the smell of iron-smelling air.

The journey begins now, in the Day of Daggers.

I do hope you liked my extremely length prompt! If this happens to interest you, private message me with a little about yourself, with ANY and ALL questions you may have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back