• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Dawn of Time: An Ancient-Era Nation Roleplay

Zillamaster55

In Denial About Denial
Base.png
Mankind has made its final leap from the grassy plains of eastern Africa, and have marched across the globe to stand on nearly all continents. As their populations moved and grew, unique cultures rose-and fell-with the coming of the glacial retreats. Much of humanity is still relegated to small, tribal communities, with little social cohesion save for a strong man.

Until now…

The sparks that will light the fire of the greatest march in history have been cast across the river valleys of the world, in which villages become towns, towns become cities, and cities become sprawling metropolises that touch the sky. But this march will not be easy. Mankind’s greatest enemy is itself, and its power to destroy is equal to its power to create. What must be done is entirely in your hands…

Can you build a civilization to stand the test of time?

Dawn of Time is a turn-based role play, in which the players (You!) create a culture, anywhere on the world map*, and nurture it as it tries to become a world power. This RP will take many twists within its turns, as there will be changes to how one goes about leading their nation through history. These changes can include (but are not limited to) the birth of religions, the rise of the democracy and the republic and the quest for the new world.

What makes this timeline unique from ours, is that the initial turn is a “blank slate”, meaning that complex settlements from before the game’s start (3500 BCE) have been “butterflied” away, and instead the first settlements will be made by players. Another, extremely important change, is that the species of horse Equus Scotti is not extinct in North America, and has instead managed to survive the rapid growth of hunter-gatherer tribes in North and South America.

TURN FORMAT
This is only for the introduction. Turn formats for more complex changes will be posted as the game goes on. Check the threadmarks as they come along!

Location: Use an image editing software to jot your initial location (tiny marks, please!) (please crop your images)
Culture: The name of your peoples in a “general” sense. NOTE: This will change with time! And the Indo-Europeans haven’t made their great trek west…yet
Type: (Pick One)
- Settled Hunter Gatherers: Forming small villagers, this culture has abandoned the massed treks for food, and instead relies on gathering and storing food from season-to-season
- Settled Farmers: Instead of relying on constant hunting, this culture has begun to focus on the yearly planting and harvesting of crops
- Nomadic Hunter Gatherers: Rather than risk the instability of a settled life, this culture remains on foot, moving wherever their prey goes
Again, this is just for the initial turn! Check the threadmarks for when the more “complex” turns are needed.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
Due to my lack (and some of yours) ability to send PMs
PLAYER LIST (0/12)
- Native Hunter
- Gnomical
- The Pez
- Amber902
- Euskalduna
- The Griffster
- Open
- Open
- Open[/quote]

PLEASE DECLARE IN THE THREAD!!! Feel free to post your location!!!

Last edited:
I will be updating the OP in a bit to reflect the expansion to 12 slots! This will be some of the most players I’ve had but the format will allow for it

(As to avoid constant approval with the OP)

PLAYER LIST (8/12)
- Native Hunter
- Gnomical
- The Pez
- Amber902
- Euskalduna
- The Griff
- JSoldier
- Joshuadim

I'm interested. I'll be set up in Egypt, Cairo, as a settled farmers type civilization named the Kakra.

CURRENT PLAYERS (10/12)
- Native Hunter
- Gnomical
- The Pez
- Amber902
- Euskalduna
- The Griff
- JSoldier
- Joshuadim
- Pat
- Heyitsjiwon

Rapid growth! Excited to get to writing the intros

(The tiny green dot next to the center of the river in Italy)
Culture: Tevere River Culture
Type:- Settled Farmers

Not sure how many spaces are left, if there is one still going I’ll shoot for a spot in Sweden.

Hello!!!

I'm going to make a quick announcement that I will need ALL turns and info on my discord (check OP) by THURSDAY! Thank you!

I shall pick this spot here.

The site of modern day Constantinople
Culture - Worships the stars as gods (For a reason I will explain later)
Type - Settled Nomads
1541071609450.png

Last edited:
PHWOAR!!!

Since my work schedule is incredibly basic, and I should really get back to writing the following people have been added to the list (and no more! I can only take so much).

- Fighting Monk Fighting Monk [x]
- Gnomical Gnomical [x]
- The Pez The Pez [x]
- Amber902 Amber902 [x]
- .Del .Del [x]
- Euskalduna Euskalduna [x]
- TheGriff TheGriff [x]
- Jsoldier Jsoldier [x]
- Pat Pat [x]
- Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon [x]
- joshuadim joshuadim [x]
- Hypnos Hypnos [x]
- Ruski Ruski [x]
- Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. [x]

[x] denotes that I have your turn/location/information. If it is empty, I do not. Remember to contact me on discord

Last edited:
BC-3500.png

The year is 3500 BCE. Humanity has begun to settle itself into numerous riverlands across the globe, each nurturing its own unique culture. How will they stand the test of time?

europe.png

EUROPE

A myriad of cultures have made their way into Europe, settling along the various river valleys and lakes that can be found on the continent. Perhaps it was the climate, or access to sustainable game and grazing land, or simply by chance, but Europe has the most diverse range of cultures, and a rapidly growing population. How this will affect the continent’s stability remains to be seen.

Along the coast of the mediterranean, the Mesta and Marmara cultures begin to create small settlements along the sea’s shore, while some villages are ventured inwards to take advantage of rivers flowing from the mountain ranges in the north. Meanwhile, the Tiber culture thrives along their namesake river, reaping the benefits of fertile flatlands nestled between mountains.

In central Europe, the Tajo culture lives in communities dotting the rocky banks of the river, harvesting fish from the clean waters, and venturing into the outlying lands to tend to small community farms. The Loire culture takes advantage of the wide, flat, forested land on both sides of the river, and communities form small farmsteads and fishing villages.

In northern Europe, two distinct cultures form in frigid conditions. The Mälaren culture, surrounding its namesake lake, takes fish during the summer months, and gathers game or crops during the harsher months. Far and away, in the most extreme of conditions, the Tornio culture focuses on the farming of simple crops, and the gathering of game and fish when it is available. These people are made hardy by these struggles, but their population growth is slow as a result.

africa.png

AFRICA

Not all of mankind has totally abandoned its birthplace continent, however. In the north, two cultures begin to grow unimpeded in their territories, enjoying the breathing room while it lasts.

Hugging the mediterranean, the Medjerda culture uses a blend of coastal fishing and riverside farming to support numerous small communities along both the coastline and river banks. Meanwhile, in the mighty Nile, a culture stands on its own at the delta. With regular flooding along this incredibly fertile flatland, farming communities cement themselves here with little issue.

asia.png

ASIA

Moving eastward, humanity had dropped a number of unique cultures on its march to settle the globe. Across this massive continent, unique groups found themselves in their own unique environments, growing and adapting to whatever challenges came to them.

In the rocky plateaus of central asia, the Kushan culture carves out a living between the mountain ranges, subsisting on minor animal farming, game hunting and the rare river community. This is a harsh living, and the population grows slowly because of it.

Meanwhile, the Padma culture, hugging the meeting place of the Ganges and their namesake river, begins to settle communities along the fertile floodplains, with crop farming and fishing their main form of food production.

In the far east, the Yellow river culture enjoys relative isolation along its floodplains, growing swathes of crops along the riverbanks. These communities grow at a steady pace, and food production is an increasingly important part of everyday life. In the northeast, the Yalu culture utilizes their namesake river to fish and sustain grain farms, encouraging the growth of small settlements up and down its bank.

america.png

NORTH AMERICA

Far from the cultures of the old world, the Americas enjoy their own form of unique diversity. However, the number of cultures here is quite low, with only a handful of settlements cropping up throughout the various fertile valleys.

Isolated and somewhat lonely, the Ohio culture takes full advantage of having little competition when it comes to the flatlands along their namesake river, and the variety of game that can be harvested before the cold winter months.

---

TECH TREE TO BE POSTED SOON

Users who are viewing this thread

Back