• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Dark Truth - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Do I get to rip a tree out of the ground and swing it at people?

Sherwood Sherwood Sell me on tanking and I'll consider a different class for my dragonborn oaf.
I was going to suggest a paladin, since they have awesome powers and every little bit of healing can't be a bad thing. Also, the Cha based character would be a good addition to the group as a spokesman.

But, all that aside, if you want to play a different class, do so. It is more important to have fun with your character than be forced into a mold you don't want.

BTW, BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72 , you are aware that there is a Lawful Good and a Chaotic Good character already posted? Having someone LE might be a bit of a pickle to have the party get along.

Psychie Psychie - Can I get the name of your mentor? If you want to add a picture of his/her appearance- that would be great. For plot purposes of course.

Sherwood Sherwood - similarly, I would like a picture of Dendarian or description in case they pop up in the world *cough*

Ilikepie Ilikepie - I would like the name/appearance/everything you can about this crush who rejected you BECAUSE of REASONS ;P Also, are you more of a duelist or pirate with your class of Swashbuckler? Because we do have a city name Droe that is a port city that you could at least be ported in. I doubt you grew up here because ummm they don't have orphans for reasons which I will go into in the next lore page hopefully.

BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72 - your background was a little slim, can you tell me more of this debt. Also, I am thinking maybe you should be from the city of Ko'el. I have information on the city on the lore page. It may be helpful to have someone familiar with the place.

welian welian - I am tempted to give you tavern brawler feat just so you can pick up trees and use it as a weapon haha. But for now- if you are strong enough- you can ram into the tree and make it fall down probably lol. Poor things.

Thanks for being patient with me!! I am so new to this, I am really trying to work it all out so everyone has fun and is not too lost when we start.

*cough* uncle Iroh is your master *cough*

Yay you guys are amazing!!

Lore of Droe it uppppp. I may be adding more to all but this is all just basic knowledge one may or may not have about these cities.

I added a pic for Dendarian. He looks a little young, but elves don't age as fast as humans do.

Hey guys- as I am working on the lore and such I have remembered that I wanted to talk you you all about the actual themes and such. To start, my expectation for this DND session is to have as much fun as we can muster. I know we have some serious dice players here who have years of experience and I respect you all sooo much and I am so grateful to have you here to help guide me and teach me. But this is my first game ever and my first GM role with the PbP system. I want to learn with you all and I want to share so many laughs (as well as maybe some tears if I am lucky ;P) I prefer more character development and roleplaying over constant fighting BUT if you want it to be more battle heavy please tell me!!!!! If you don't like diplomacy or the corruption of governments- let me know! I love politics (other people's politics) but I am usually alone in this regard.

Also, as you may have read in the Lore, there are some darker themes at play here. Orphan slavery will not be the only thing but if that is too much already, please let me know. I won't be explicitly going into the abuse or anything of that nature due to the severity of the topic. But it exists and I really hope that you can put yourself into your character's mind and really see how they tackle tough topics like these in-game.

You will be facing a lot of foes of different walks of life- not simply undead, fiends, or dragons. At times, it may even seem like you are fighting yourself ;P I also want to make it clear that we will be having time for all characters to have their time to shine. An Arc if you will. So just because we are taking down the enemies of an elvish temple doesn't mean I have forgotten about those daddy issues of potentially kidnapping you and marrying you off to some old gnome name Fred. Have faith and I will also have faith in you, my pretties.

Lastly, I want to make clear some house rules and it is very possible I forget some that I use in my campaigns because I hardly think about it anymore. If you catch me doing something like this- let it be known and I will try to explain my thoughts. Okay here it goes:
  • Inspiration: I love giving out inspiration admittedly. I am not sure how easy that translates to a PbP system BUT we will make it work. There are several things that I may give a player inspiration for. I just want you to know that I do allow inspiration to stack (not past 5) and usually, I give them out for rolling natural 20's on skill checks, saving throws, or because you inspired me with your majesty. I will give them in character-centered ways- like perhaps Corellon smiles down on you and lends you a blessing.
  • Crits: Natural1 is an automatic failure and natural 20 is an automatic success. Usually, on fails- you may trip or drop your weapon. The only time failures may result in an injury is for ranged attacks and spells (say if your comrade is right next to the monster) I will roll to see if it hits. (if you can roll twice- for inspiration, disadvantage, advantage- rolling a 1 or 20 doesn't mean auto fail depending on which roll you would take-. Example- you rolled a 1 and a 12 with advantage- you pick the 12 and not the 1. In turn- you roll a 20 and a 6- you would pick a 6. The automatic failure and success only work when it comes to adding any bonuses you may have to beef that number up.)
  • Material components: Hello magic users. Components suck. If your spells require components to cast- I will be just giving you a lump sum of supplies for a certain amount of coin. For example- cleric does not need many components to spell cast. For one week of materials- that may run the cleric one gold (this is just an example). In turn- wizards need a lot! They may need way more it could be 3 gold coins a day! (depending on how many spells/materials are called for).
  • Potions: Drinking a potion for yourself is a bonus action- to give it to another player is an action.
  • Emcomburance: I am not keeping up with exact numbers here- so I am going to say be reasonable with how much stuff you are carrying at one time without the use of a bag of holding, etc.
As I said, there may be more. But this is what comes to mind as of now. Any questions, please ask. Any comments, please speak. Any complaints, please express. I may cry though. Sherwood Sherwood welian welian Psychie Psychie BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72 Ilikepie Ilikepie - thank you so much for joining this craziness.

At this moment, I have no complaints. Be it as it may, I do have a bit of experience with the PbP system here, and if I see any suggestions on a way to tweak a fight or other scene, I'll send them your way and see what you think.

BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72 , Ilikepie Ilikepie , welian welian - I have not come up with your pre-session post just yet for various reasons.
  • Braced- I just need to know more about this debt you have in your backstory so I can weave it into the story.
  • Ilikepie- I need information on your rejected crush. I think I may not use the info just yet but it is just in case.
  • Welian- explanation unneeded.
BUT For Sherwood Sherwood and Psychie Psychie - I have developed a little something-something. I will post it somewhere... I am just not sure. Maybe the main thread.

And my reply is up. Hopefully it is the start of a fun game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back