• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Dark Truth - IC [Full]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
So far Odette had kept to the background observing her companions as they almost failed to get past the guards. She had a bit of a mental model of each of them: overly pious Dorian who was thankful of everything; bubbling Betha who might have a stress eating disorder and Ashe, who said she was a bit shady, but so far had only proven that she was crazy about woman. Dorian was probably too righteous to be a good ally and might even be a threat, unless convinced that what Odette wanted from her was a good option. Betha did not seem to be too confident, so could probably be convinced easily. Ashe was a bit of a wild card, the girl probably had her own dark secrets to bring them together, but the content of said secrets might also cause friction.

As the door was closing, Odette quickly reached out her foot to stop it. She was not being refused from their goal by a simple door. Her foot hurt as it was caught in the door frame. "Excuse me, father, but this lady is not just any worshiper. This is lady Raloquinal, here on a mission to rid this town of evil and wrongdoings. We are merely accompanying her to get the resources she needs. It is of utmost importance that she gets Corellon's blessings, so she can act on her divine duty. Could you please let us in?"

Dorian places a gentle hand on Odette's shoulder, saying, "Do not fret. I am sure that the letter from the temple in Woodhelven telling of my arrival was probably waylaid on the highway, with all of the dangers that lurk on the road. My good man, will you please open the door for us?"

Keeping her hands to her sides, Riku pokes her nose around the shop, looking at the various items for sale as she waits for the shopkeeper to come out.

Unsure what to do Ashe decides to temporarily use Dust senses while they are waiting to see if this guy lets them in. First thing she dose is have Dust look at herself. I look awesome. Using Dust she attempts to smell inside the door.

Odette: With your perception (and Dorian as well) You watch as the man who held the door ajar took in what this group of young women was saying. At the mention of ridding wrong-doing, the man's eyes hardened to black coals. Despite that, a soft smile on his face formed and the hardness seemed to soften as well. He even seemed to be more youthful as his body tension relaxed. "I am sorry, what you say must be true. I wasn't expecting anyone to come by, especially someone like yourself, Ms. Raloquinal. In these times of darkness, I have to say that I have become... overly cautious of people in the temple. I am sure you heard of the incident in town with one of our followers. A tragedy."

He shifted and with a flick of his wrist, the chain on the door fell slack and he was able to open it more than before. However, instead of inviting the group in, he stepped out- forcing everyone to take a small step back. Dust was able to catch the scent of strong lavender over most anything due to the strength of it but the subtle smell of something burnt caught the cat's nose. He shut the door, eying the feline for a long moment before looking back at Dorian. "I am afraid I was not lying about construction on the temple. Some outraged citizens have done some damage and people are restricted from entering the inner sanctum for now. Graffiti and even some fires, unfortunately."

He gestured you all to follow him as he moved to a smaller building next to a large courtyard. "My name is Cailu and I am the high priest here. Our attentions are occupied with keeping our temple and followers safe, but please allow me to help you in any way. The temple should be ready soon- and I hope you all will come to say a prayer when it is open. I will find a way to contact you all."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sound of clattering and shattering of glass echoed into the main room as a string of curses in halfing got louder. A shorter man with a tailored suit made of tan leather hide and large feet. He walked over and looked up at Riku and Dalith's face. Blinking, he attempted to gather himself before he spoke. "Hello girls, welcome to the shop. Sorry about the mess, I usually have a partner to keep me organized." He paused as grief came over his features. Thickness filled his voice as he looked to his bottles and spoke. "Just looking around or got something in mind you need?"

Riku looks around at the shop, then shrugs. "No need to apologize. I've dealt with worse, and a bit of clutter adds character. I'm Riku." She offers up her hand to the short man, then says, "We are looking for some healing potions. Its a dangerous world out there, after all, and a girl can't be too careful. Do you have any in stock?"

Ashe exits Dust's senses and returns to her own. Fire remains or weird evil magic thing, hard to tell since it's so hard to read people while in Dust's senses. The others likely have a better understanding about this religion anyways so it's better they take the lead to handle this. Ashe just follows the group with Dust following.

Eisik nods as a smile blossoms on his face. "I like you, girl. Indeed, I have a few potions ready to go. Not as many as I would like. I had some people clear me out of a lot of stuff just after..." He drifted off, his eyes losing that spark that Riku gave it with the mention of character about the clutter of his shop. He shakes out of it and clears his throat nervously. "How many healing potions do you need? I don't think I have many strong ones left- the greater healing potions I have... 2 it seems. But at least four normal ones. I may have more in the back."

His eyes moved to Dalith and his eyes widened. "Councilwoman Tatyan, what brings you to my shop?"

(I will give everyone else a little more time to post before I keep things moving at the chapel)

Something didn't feel right, but Odette couldn't quite put her finger on it. If it was just vandalism inside the temple, why did the man harden that much? As they followed the man to the courtyard, she trailed at the back with Ashe. She whispered in her ear: "I'm not sure about you, but something does not add up here. I can keep this guy occupied for a bit. Could you check out the temple? Oh, and better leave your cat with us."

(Odette readies herself to cast a phantasmal force of Ashe at the man for whenever he turns around to check if everyone is still there)

Betha glances at the two talking behind her, not quite sure what they're saying but she makes some parts out. She looks at the the man. "So, if you don't mind me asking. What are you renovating? I personally don't see anything wrong, or anything that needs to be changed. I've been going here most of my life and from what I've gathered nothing really seems to change. I'm just wondering" Betha smiles

Eisik nods as a smile blossoms on his face. "I like you, girl. Indeed, I have a few potions ready to go. Not as many as I would like. I had some people clear me out of a lot of stuff just after..." He drifted off, his eyes losing that spark that Riku gave it with the mention of character about the clutter of his shop. He shakes out of it and clears his throat nervously. "How many healing potions do you need? I don't think I have many strong ones left- the greater healing potions I have... 2 it seems. But at least four normal ones. I may have more in the back."

His eyes moved to Dalith and his eyes widened. "Councilwoman Tatyan, what brings you to my shop?"

(I will give everyone else a little more time to post before I keep things moving at the chapel)
Riku smiles and blushes a bit, showing off her cute dimples as she does so. "Well, thank you, sir! I am wondering, how much are your potions, both the greater healing and the normal ones? I might be able to take several of them off of your hands." As she says this, her hand reaches down and jingles the coin purse on her side that the various member of the group have entrusted their platinum, to show that she is indeed serious about getting the wares she seeks.

Dorian does her best to look shocked at the idea of someone, anyone, wanting to bring harm to the temple. If I didn't know any better, I might actually believe that he's serious. Best to play along for now. She then says, "I'm at a loss, Father Cailu. It is hard to believe that any good soul would stoop to performing acts of such vandalism against a sacred building." Dorian looks around, but keeps her attention on the priest. "Can you tell me what has happened here, to bring such destruction on our holy grounds?"

I want to try a Insight roll to see if I can spot any falsehoods in his story. Total of 20 on my roll.

"Fine I'll see what I can find, it's obvious he is hiding something. If things get bad I'll do my best to get out of there as fast as possible" Ashe whispers back. If things go bad I can just teleport out of it using my new cape. Ashe signals to Dust to stay with the group and then quietly attempts to sneak off from the group and get into the temple while the others are talking to Caliu. He didn't lock the door behind him after he got out so getting in should be easy but the question is how many people are inside there.

Cailu sighed, closing his eyes like he was trying to push away a dreadful memory. Still, Dorian wasn't sure exactly, but something didn't feel right about his posture at that moment. Something was wrong but you weren't sure if he was getting ready to lie or say something truly uncomfortable. "There was a heinous murder that happened in town. One of the priests here at the temple, newly appointed, stabbed an alchemist in town. He was an orc and it was seen as a sign of aggression against the entire race dictated by the temple. I am unsure who would have started such a blasphemest lie but recently there has been a muttering of the churches disdain for the orcish race for one reason or another."

He cleared his throat completely engrossed in telling the other woman the story of woe of the temple. He didn't even notice as Ashe slipped away from the group to go back to the main temple. "Many people have stopped coming even when we put on community performances. Really, it is a shame. For now, we will maintain the upkeep and open the temple up to the public for small periods of the day to ensure innocent people's safety. I am afraid... Things cannot go on like this."

The group entered the small prayer room, still beautifully decorated. His eyes widened as if he suddenly was struck with an idea. "Lady Raloquinal, if you could, I would forever be in your debt. Could you get to the bottom of these nasty rumors and attempt to save or good name here?"

Ashe, as you approach the unlocked door of the main hall of the temple- you creak it open a crack. Will you please roll a perception check for me?

Dalith and Riku: Eisik's eyes moved from Dalith- or to him, Tatyan, back you Riku. "Ah, yes. Well, for Tatyan and her ward- I can give you the normal healing potions for 50 gold and the greater for 125. I am not sure what you have planned for so many- but I hope it isn't going to be trouble on your part. This city has seen a lot of bloodshed as of late..."

Dorian shakes her head in sorrow. "It is a sad thing, to lose the confidence of the people. I cannot promise that I can fix things here, but what I can say is that I will do my best to uncover the source of the rot that infects and ruins the good works that this temple provide. Cailu? Will you join me in a prayer? We can both ask for Corellon's blessing in this."

Dalith and Riku: Eisik's eyes moved from Dalith- or to him, Tatyan, back you Riku. "Ah, yes. Well, for Tatyan and her ward- I can give you the normal healing potions for 50 gold and the greater for 125. I am not sure what you have planned for so many- but I hope it isn't going to be trouble on your part. This city has seen a lot of bloodshed as of late..."
Riku does the math in her head, then says, "Well, while I would love to take all six from you, I only have enough for the four standard potions. The greater potions, while nice, are just a little too much for what I'll have left." Her eyes get a bit of a twinkle as she then says, "Unless we can negotiate a deal on one? Perhaps . . . a slight discount of only 100 gold for it?"

Cailu was clearly thrown off but the sudden request to pray. At that moment, a flash of uncertainty gripped his features. Quickly as it happened, his neutral look resurfaced and a smile took ahold of his thin lips. "It would be my honor, my lady. Would your friends also be joining us in prayer?"

Ashe, your eyes peered into the crack you made opening the once locked door. Inside, there was only a small flicker of candlelit lighting the expansive room from your perspective. Since you lack night vision, you are unable to see anything but large shadows of the pew rows and other blocky things you just cannot make out. What do you want to do?

Eisik lets out a hardy chuckle at Riku's attempt to haggle with him. It was the first time in a while he was able to laugh out loud like this and he was a little rusty. "I am sorry miss, I got to make a living here. But how about this, you buy all my potions, except the greater ones, and I will throw in this healer's kit I have for free. It may come in handy. What do you say? 4 potions of healing will bring you to 200 gold pieces."

Seeing no one inside Ashe quietly walks inside to get a better look inside to find whatever is being hidden here and closes the unlocked door behind her. So far nothing but I still need to be careful. It's dark but not dark enough for needing my lantern yet. She quietly walks farther inside knowing that they wouldn't keep the secret stuff this close to the entrance.

Eisik lets out a hardy chuckle at Riku's attempt to haggle with him. It was the first time in a while he was able to laugh out loud like this and he was a little rusty. "I am sorry miss, I got to make a living here. But how about this, you buy all my potions, except the greater ones, and I will throw in this healer's kit I have for free. It may come in handy. What do you say? 4 potions of healing will bring you to 200 gold pieces."
Riku sighs to herself as she sees that her efforts to lower the price down a bit have failed. But, she will not give up just quite yet. In a heartbroken tone of voice, she says, "Oh, you are just killing me! Isn't there any way that you can come down with the price of one of the greater potions? Even just a teenie bit?" She gives Eisik a bit of a pouty face and her best big puppy dog eyes to try and sway him.

Odette hoped Ashe was doing alright and still on high alert. The question caught her a little off-guard. It had been a while since she last prayed. Sure she had pretended to pray on some occasions, because her benefactors thought the gods could cure her, but she did not feel it spiritually. Maybe the gods were just like Odette, cheating their way into power. She used to believe in their divinity though, her mother was a devout believer, but what good did it for her? On the other hand, if the letter was right and her mother was alive, that would truly be a miracle. As she thought that she knew, maybe a little prayer for her mom would be nice. And keeping up her appearance of course.

"Of course, father, I would love to join."

Betha nods, she has never really prayed before other than when she and her sister were captured by the criminals down in the Moors. That thought shifts Bethas demeanour, she lowers her head while picking at the skin around her fingers.

"I haven't really prayed before, I would be happy to learn though." Betha kisses her teeth and looks up at Cailu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back