• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The dark sibling and a knight

Under a hail of arrows it should have dampened the enemy's counter-charge but instead, the arrows were met by a volley from the other side, along with a barrage from a half-dozen ballistae and catapaults the defenders had set up, while the defenders assembled a shield wall behind the makeshift barriers to slow Aleki's assault.

Behind Aleki, the floating form of Kyra followed, energy crackling from her limbs as she did so, random bolts of violet lightning lashing out to burst incoming arrows but providing no support for any nearby. However, as a ballistae bolt came charging, she lifted a hand, erecting a wall of red ice that intercepted the bolt, shattering but stopping its advance. Kyra took that moment to wave her hands, using electricity to float the bolt into the air and turn it back towards the defender's line, igniting it with a flash of violet and ebony fire and launch it straight back where it exploded magnificently, temporarily creating a hole in the defenses.

"BRING THAT WITCH DOWN!" a voice yelled, "AND COUNTER THOSE DAMNED VALKYRIE!" Their commander roared, and soon enough a bellowing, bestial roar came in response. Aleki's valkyrie recognized that sound; a wyrm, while not a true dragon it was close enough and deadly enough... and it had a particular, almost racial hatred for Valkyrie.

At the same time as Aleki's forced crashed into the shield wall, their flank was hit by a warg counter-charge, the goblins viciously striking at his already outnumbered forces. The Prince could hear screams of the dying, punctuated by the crack of magic and the stench of ozone, Kyra was now being trailed by six swords from dead combatants, energy snapping around them as she controlled them, though whether it was magnetics or some sort of foul power he could not say. Regardless, she was proving to be lethal with them, using the swords to clear entrenched troops in front of her with broad, magic-empowered slashes that trailed violet arcs of lightning.

Apparently, not satisfied with merely animating weapons, the witch gathered emerald and ebony fire into her palms and then hurled it into a group of the dead enemy soldiers, animating the armor to create strange elementals, clad in scorched armor and with the soul of their recently departed owner held prisoner within. The rage of these enslaved spirits fueled their attacks, their agonized screams rattling the nerves of soldiers on both sides.

Suddenly, pain blossomed in Aleki's side; it was one of the mercenaries he had hired to bolster his troops, the mercenary unit had turned sides and was now killing their former allies! His men were doomed, and yet...

Yet his sister, his damned sister, wearing her dark magics like a cloak was making more headway than most, turning her attention to the worm which had managed to capture a Valkyrie and was chewing on it, while batting the others away with its claws and tail. Drawing both hands back and curling her legs up to her tummy, the floating Kyra gathered her magic, the swords forming a ring in front of her, blades aimed at the wyrm and trembling with power. Then, with a mighty yell, Kyra thrust both palms forward and launched her swords into the wyrm's side, the animated swords slamming home and kicking up a cataclysm of lightning, making the wyrm roar in pain and fury.

Out of the corner of her eye, Kyra spotted a boulder incoming from one of the catapaults and darted backward, unhindered by the terrain due to her floating and so the boulder missed, bouncing off the ground as it did so. She glanced at the rock, then the wyrm who's attention she now had, and pointed both palms at the boulder, summoning more emerald and ebony soul fire to engulf it, drawing the dead souls of those she had killed into the stone where they howled and screeched in tormented protest until the rock was cracking, flames billowing out of the craters.

Grunting as if bearing a heavy burden, Kyra wrenched both her arms upwards and lifted the blazing boulder up, then with a spin launched it into the chest of the wyrm that tried to stumble out of the way but without any success, the boulder exploding violently with the fore of both soulfire and the howling curses of the souls forced to inhabit it.

He had specifically ordered her not to use necromancy - and she wasn't - but it seemed that did nothing to hinder her dark and fouls magics, if nothing else her creative interpretation of his orders were impressive.

A squad of traitor mercenaries rounded on her to try and strike the witch down, but Kyra was not caught off guard, almost as if there was another person watching for such ploys, and his baby sister rounded on the traitors, calling up blue ice that hardened into a massive scythe. It seemed that Kyra's lack of muscle was no deterrent and the scythe floated into the air and then swung in a broad, horizontal sweep that crashed into the mercenaries, shattering the scythe and pelting them with razor-sharp shrapnel. Those mercenaries not put down by the scythe were now in melee range, but found it no easier, as Kyra floated backward, sending out a burst of cold that froze two of them solid, being forced to dodge vengeful slashes from their allies and backpedal further. Apparently, the witch grew annoyed at this, and waved her arm in a broad arc, erecting a wall of ice that temporarily halted their advance, though only temporarily but that brief respite was all the time she needed to gather a powerful orb of violet lightning between her hands, and launch it outwards, the ball lightning impacting the ice wall and exploding magnificently, ripping those too close apart.

Lilith could see what Ixion had meant; Kyra had a natural gift with the dark arts, and wielded the raw elemental magicks with flair and creativity few had seen in a very long time, combining base spells in unexpected ways that made her lethal at all ranges. Normally, spellshapers were cautious to let enemies close ranks as they couldn't match the raw strength of a warrior or the cunning of an assassin, but Kyra showed no such hesitation, making her that much more dangerous and unpredictable.

In a word, impressive.

But she also had bigger concerns, Aleki was starting to be overwhelmed and as gifted as Kyra was, the witch was also on the other side of the battlefield and unable to assist her brother. If Lilith was going to make her move, now was the time to do it.

He cut down the mercenary down as he felt the blade in his side. He took a knee as he heard the screams of the dying and some Valkyrie laughing at his weaknesses. Lilith appeared before him. He blade flew out of his hand as she used the dark blade to kill everything around him for a good ten feet. Bodies turning to bones with ease. She knelt before him and offered the blade and spoke calmly “ your men will die.. unless you take in the power within. You can use the power I have to slaughter the enemy with ease.”
He tried to fight the urge but knew how normal power alone can bring a end to this fight. He took the blade. His clothing turned to ash around his body as Lilith took form in t he mortal world. Suddenly white lines from across his chest and arms and stopped at the neck. His left eye durned pitch black as she walked to him. The darkness filled the air as she called out “ congratulations!!! You all have helped me create my new Lich king!!” She said with a wicked glee as he waved a arm and dark tendrils rush forward as the bones around him animate and grab fallen weapons. The undead rush forward as the mercenaries were slain as he rushed forward with inhuman speed. His own powers proving to be deadly as dark tendrils killed both friend and foe as he turned them to members of his own army. When the wyvern tried to fight backhe buried the blade into its side. He held strength unheard of as each member he claimed under him gave him more power. He smirked and said “ I will never be weak again.. never have the fear to fail ever again!” He said as he grabbed two Valkyries with tendrils and approaching the third after killing the other two. His power growing to god like means. He faced the woman and grabbed her chin “ kneel and swear fealty to me and you will live.” He said to the traitorous Valkyrie. He then faced the wyvern and grabbed it with two tendrils. While the dead rushed and used their weapons as they knew from their past life. He smirked as he summoned the blade back to his hand. He watched the beast fall and used his power to bring back the beast under his control. He smirked as he felt a new set of armor form over him. A more fitting armor. The screams had filled the air yet he didn’t care. He was growing in power now. As he had fallen. Fallen and now was a god of the dead.

he waved over Kyra to join him as he eyes her collar “ as much as I want to remove that collar I will wait until I have a kingdom. But I wish to offer you something.” He said as Lilith held out both hands in agesture of a hug but a staff appeared in her hands and he offered the tool to Kyra. He nods “please. Sister. Join me. Father has doomed us both. Maybe the armies of man and darfs need to fall. And this bitch will become my first general. That is if she accepts my offer.” He said as he turned back to the traitor with a dark grin that spoke of death. He had always paid well and these traitors had stabbed him. Literally. He had the men slaughtered with ease as well. They were mostly mercenaries and he wanted to ensure no one could warn his own father. He command the wyvern to him with a beckoning of his hand.

The transformation was spectacular, explosive even as a colourful array of light lit up the battlefield, temporarily causing a ceasefire as curiosity overtook rage, eyes looking towards the kneeling form of Aleki. As his armor darkened and his eye blackened, many on both sides felt a pang of fear, even the Valkyrie who were sent to judge his potential as a king found their voices choked.

Valkyrie were prideful, arrogant even though with good cause; their power was undeniable, but they held little allegiance to any. In Aleki's family, a king could only be declared if the valkyrie acknowledged him, but from a young age the valkyrie scoffed and belittled young Aleki for his fair appearance. The young prince lacked the raw ruggedness normally associated with his family line, and many mocked him for apparently taking more after his mother than father. Aleki so wanted his father's approval, his primary motivation in many things and what had lead to this battle; a chance to prove himself worthy.

The Valkyrie had been instrumental in so many happenings in the kingdom, even Kyra's punishment was decided by them, and Aleki had seen their sneers when she had returned. Belittling smirks that turned to shock and disgust when the former princess unleashed dark powers and animated the corpses of the living, it was only the actions of one Valkyrie that stopped the others from slaying the witch after such a display.

But now...

The woman who clung to Aleki's side as he stood radiated menace and smug superiority, gently placing the sword back into his hand, which fairly hummed with power, the Dark Prince standing tall and exhaling, as if he was truly breathing and tasting the air for the first time. The first Valkyrie screeched in rage, not caring about the traitor forces nor that their heir was about to be overwhelmed, caring only that he had taken Lilith's offering and embraced the darkness.

She flew down with explosive speed, intent on impaling the Dark Prince, only for him to side-step her thrust and grab her by the face with one hand, a strange and alien power reaching out from his core into the Valkyrie and pulling at her, ripping the light and soul from her body until it was a husk that fell to the ground. The other Valkyrie shared looks of disgust, horror, righteous indignation and a little bit of fear, all except the one at the back, the black-haired valkyrie who wore a slightly bemused smirk. This was Eve, the 'least' of all the Valkyrie and the one who stayed her blade to watch how the prince would fell her sisters.

Felling the great wyrm all but spelled the end to the battle, but even as it happened, the defenders retreated to their walls, barring the gates and began to rain down arrows upon the attackers and the unfortunate traitor mercenaries caught outside the walls. When the new Lich Knight turned to speak to his sister, he found Kyra using her magic to puppet the corpses of several dead mercenaries, though she wasn't technically breaking his instructions on animating the bodies, rather she was merely using them to protect herself from incoming arrows.

Realizing he needed to take the advantage, he threw out a hand as if issuing a command, and the corpses around him rose, eyes glowing red and flung themselves at the defenses in a nightmare scenario.

Now he had time to talk to his sister.

She accepted the staff but not with her hands, rather her magic seemed to whisk the staff from his grasp, letting it float next to her, creative girl indeed... perhaps Lilith should have Kyra teach her brother a few lessons in the creative application of magical powers. Not to say there was anything wrong and criticizing him at this juncture would be unfair since he literally just got his powers, but it was never too early to start, right?

He turned back to the wall and held the blade. He felt the power of the undead as the sky grows dark. He rained the corpse of the Valkyrie and had he use her skill to kill all but eve. He stayed the blade and smirked as he looked towards the last Valkyrie” I still need your voice. Join me and in return I will make you my general of the first hoard and will grant you any theiff you desire.” He said as he had promised her both land and troops. He raised a hand as the sword emoted a dark power as he faced the wall. He threw the blade with in human speed and power. The blade hitting the door hard enough to crack and spiderweb the whole door. He then raised the rest of the dead and had them rush the town.

he had the wyvern ram hard into the gate and he lead the charge as he now was immune to most forms of attack. Arrows barely touched him as he rushed and had the undead kill every person with a weapon. He made sure there was specific orders to the dead to leave women and children alive. As well as the elderly. He wasn’t a monster as he had the invaders and the undead killed any thing that attacked them. Yet leaving the civilians alone. He walked into the village and smiled softly “ by my order these undead will not harm you!! So stay in your homes!! And don’t bare arms. Those who fought.Throw down your weapons and come forward with your hands above your head! I will ensure you are turned painlessly!” He said as he walked around as hundreds of undead rained the town with ease.

he sat down as a pile of bleached bones took form of a chair as he placed the woebringer on his back and in a sheath. He looked powerful and held the aura of a true king facing his new subjects.

And like that, Aleki had given up the throne of his father and claimed one of bone for himself, looking disturbingly comfortable upon it as he beheld the slaughter that had followed the breaching of the gates. Anyone watching would have taken note that when he finally did give in to using the dark magics, that he did so with gusto and even glee, as if this was something he had been hungering to do for a while.

Ixion suspected this to be true, as Lilith was notorious for her manipulative skills, no doubt playing with his dreams as he slept and offering him dark council both off and on the field. The way she now sat on his arm, head resting on his shoulder like some kind of pet, wearing an offensively smug expression told the Dark Stranger that she was pleased with her new Lich Knight.

But this would be only the beginning.

As powerful as Aleki was, he'd need to prepare for a counter-attack from both sides of the conflict, and search for ways to grow his power, his blade's innate power had been enough to push him into abandoning his humanity, but the newly anointed Lich Knight would have a lot more work ahead of him if he was to lay claim to the title of Lich King, which would most certainly involve bringing down other challengers, and for that he'd need a new weapon worthy of his station and ambition.

But that was a problem for the future, for now he had to oversee his men rounding up the remaining soldiers to be transformed into the dead and in spite of his generous offer of making it painless, they were not that eager to join the ranks of the unliving. The Witch lurked nearby, floating lazily with a sleepy expression, her staff orbiting her body slowly, there was no need for her to employ her accursed magic now, but this did bring another point for him to consider.

"Your sister is still enslaved, you need to break your father's control over her, as he can supersede your orders, and if he does so you will lose a valuable pawn." Indeed, she had impressive potential, and if nothing more; raw power. Power that he would have to deny his father at minimum to at least deflect one clear threat to his burgeoning kingdom.

He was stronger, that was certain, he possessed incredible necromantic power, however, Kyra had a far broader range of magical powers and avenues open to herself. Her flexibility alone made her a threat, as she was able to utilize soul magic and call upon Hellish spells not known to any but Ixion, who whispered into her ear.

Ixion... Lilith knew that if they were to win over Kyra, that they would have to do so through Ixion who was playing on his host's deep-seated paternal issues. It could start with letting Aleki see his sister's demon, though if Aleki was the possessive type, he may grow jealous and angry of the bond the two shared as Ixion's gem was literally embedded in his sister's chest, so he was never far from her and often caressing her cheek, whispering in her ear, or stroking her hair.

Lilith smiled as she kissed both of aleki’s eye lids and smiled as he blinked abit as she turned and saw ixion and frowned “ hmmm.. I see. That explains things.. her gifts come from you?” He asked to the dark stranger and pulled out a single necklace and smirked as he held it up.” As I have some power. I used this to over power the collar.. it could hurt.. yet I think the collar can be removed with something easier.” He said as a bone warrior presented his blade and he took it. He was merciful and kind. He used his mental power to keep the dead from harming women and children.

he walked to his sister and touched the collar as he focused. Lilith’s eyes wide as she grinned wickedly as he channeled raw darkness into the collar as he slowly broke away the collar and smiled as he nods to her neck as it came down and looked to the stranger “ I am not as you think. Or should I say.. brother?” He asked as he offered the demon a hand as his darkness pulled back as the collar was lifted up and formed into a Tiara. He smiled as he offered her the now black small crown as if a gift for his sister as he filled it with some of his own darkness. “ if I did this right.. it should let you talk to me when ever you wish sister.“

he looked back at ixion and smiled as he nods to him “ I know the value of having someone when you’re alone. So I don’t mind.. but if you force yourself on her.” He said as the sky darken around them “ I won’t hesitate.” He said as a warning to the man and walked back and took a report from a dead warrior and nods” I think we will need some allies.. but the mountain of the dead.. there we can build our power.”

Last edited:
"My Lord," Ixion spoke up, his voice a rich, caramel purr, "If I may be so bold, your new subjects seem to fear you." That much was understandable, they had just seen their glorious Heir to The Throne turn from a mythic and gallant hero to a storybook villain, radiating dark powers with a mysterious lady clinging to him and an army of undead.

Though this was blunted by the fact that the undead army was made up of those who had sought to kill him, so strictly their enemies or traitors so the people by-and-large had little sympathy for them. However, this didn't mean they weren't afraid for themselves and unsure what would happen now, fearing that their new lord would turn upon them and transform his living subjects into more undead minions. Aleki however, knew that his father would learn of his son's actions soon enough and would not hesitate to respond; the man had always been a blunt instrument in that regard. Ever fleeing from his own mortality, King Grigori would likely condemn his son while simultaneously seeking to exploit that very same power and cheat death.

There was no way that this would end in anything other than violence.

Fortunately for the Death Knight, his father's response - however predictable it might be - would take time to fully form as the young prince had taken his own elite troops and the shiny new weapon, denying the king two important resources he would have to plan around. This gave the Lich Knight time to prepare his own defenses and seek out allies and artifacts to bolster his strength.

For starters, a new magic weapon, his current sword was still quite capable but without its magic and the demon it held now bound to him, he would need to find a new magical sword. All magic was born of spirit binding, so any magical weapon he found would have a spirit - be it fae, divine, demonic or other - contained within it, which meant that it would also have to meet with Lilith's approval. So ideally it should be a female spirit, to add to his growing... well... harem, which in and of itself had political power as it projected an image of a conqueror and a mighty one at that, though it was also the image many barbarian kings would chase. He would also be labeled as being debauched though that label was just one more that the church would throw at him to condemn him.

As for his sister...

Kyra would benefit best from having somewhere to properly recover psychologically, emotionally, and physically from her abuse at the hands of her former masters. Aleki knew that she had some very seriously deep-seated issues surrounding parental abandonment; 'daddy and mommy issues' to put it bluntly. But he'd have to tread cautiously; her broad spectrum of power combined with her delicate emotional state could make her volatile and combined that with the creative implementation of her magic meant that she could be trouble if pushed.

Wait, did the staff he had given her have a spirit attached? And if so, what kind? He'd have to talk to lilith about that.

Lilith smiled as she jumped down and approached Kyra and smiled. The staff glowed a blood red hue as a teenaged girl appeared before them “ hello there. Sorry Kyra. She is a reaper and doesn’t have a name. It would be up to you to name her. She is tied to death magic and grants great power. It was equal to woebringer. It is powerful and won’t ever fail you.” She said.

Aleki struck a undead when a troop tried to strike a child who threw a stone at it. He smiled as he offered the child a hand “ you all!! Your safe. I wouldn’t dare desire to slaughter you all. In fact I plan on bring peace to the world. I want you all to join me and join my new kingdom. I wish to bring all races under a single banner. And in doing so will stop the monsters of old and bring peace. There will be hard times ahead but I am not afraid as I hold hope. You my boy. Your bravery gives me hope. You in time could join as part of the living army in time. As the undead are just canon fodder.” He said as he reached behind him and offered the boy a single bone. Shadows sharpen the rib bone and it became a knife for the boy” I won’t harm those who are innocent and weak. It is my job to protect and provide. You all will never hunger ever again!” He said as he noticed many looked like they hadn’t seen a full belly in entire days. He smiled as he rubbed the head of the boy and stood “ men!! Good folk. Gather in carts and join me. I am two thousand strong! And we will gather many races! Orcs, elves, and even banished darfs!” He said as he smiled “ I will bring peace as I don’t tolerate racism. We are all born from the dust and from the creator. So we should work together to bring peace!” He said as he noticed many boding and coming out to hear him out many looked hopeful as he took a knife and cut his hand as he still bled red. “ see? I may have given in to power but because I wish to keep those I swore to protect alive. And I will do everything to keep my subjects and my own new nation alive and prosperous! Only together can we bring a peaceful world!” He said as he rallied the men and even many woman into cheers. He obvious had a good means in bringing the folk together. Once they got most supplies gathered he smiled as he talked with the elders and leaders of the town. He was going to take them to the mountain and gather as many as he can while also collecting scouts like dead birds, squirms and even rats. He was going to use his new power to the fullest and bring his men safely along with those he took with him. But he wanted to find the elves first. They would be a problem if they tried to fight him. He also knew his blade was empty now. He sighed and talked with Lilith and she shook her head
“ no my love. The blade is bound to me.. I think the elves could forge a blade and even help forge blade with a spirit you so desire.” She said and kissed his cheek before she helped with a few kids getting in a cart before she climbed upon his horse and rode the animal as he walked with the undead army.

as night fell he knew the folk needed to rest but the undead horses pulling the wagons kept going as he planed. He raised a hand as he spotted a little elven girl whimpering and he smiled as he offered her a hand. He knew his sister had followed or didn’t. But he wanted her to join him of her own free will. He smiled as he picked up the child. The child looked hurt and noticed the blood on the shirt. He nods to the skeletons and they moved. He had found many elven folks trying to run from a group of darfs who swung an axes and he glared as he nods for the skeletons to kill the church sanction elven purging. He watched as the dwarfs were killed and he stopped a axe from hitting a teenaged boy. He kicked the Dwarf and offered the boy a hand up. he smiled as he offered the boy up and looked around as the other dwarfs turned and ran. He used shadows to spear into their backs and turned them into his armies. He nods as he turned to the elf “is everything okay?”

Last edited:
Kyra drifted lazily behind, feet never touching the earth as she floated on waves of magic her expression sleepy. Fortunately, Ixion was present to princess-carry her as needed, letting her legs dangle down off his arms, while the staff orbited them both aimlessly, the pair following the brother's procession. Internally Ixion fumed, he had hoped his charge would be freed at this point but hadn't truly understood the depth of her psychological and emotional damage. Without direct instruction, she would follow whomever she saw as her master like a puppy. To a degree, yes it was cute, but more realistically it was problematic as she had no ambition of her own, her own will crushed beneath the torture, abuse, and experimentation inflicted by the ill-trained mages.

"Who are you?" he inquired in his baritone rumble, fingers stroking the sleeping sorceress' head while glancing at the teenaged girl who had manifested from the staff, "Or rather, what are you? I cannot imagine you are very strong given that you are unnamed. With the potential power my ward channels she requires a focus capable of withstanding that power without breaking, and yet my sister offers a staff containing an unnamed soul? You'll pardon my skepticism." The handsome demon glanced at the newcomer in veiled annoyance, though he didn't blame her for this unexpected turn of events, it was simply a reflection of fate's unpredictable capriciousness.

They were fortunate thus far, the old King's response to the turning of his son and the seizing of the people would be slow, but it would also be inevitable: even with the mountain fortress there was little chance that the King would not turn the full might of his army upon them. Beyond that, the other nation's rulers would not take kindly to this unexpected x-factor being tossed into their little game of war, and would seek to remove or control this new faction as quickly as possible, if only to deny their rivals a potential resource.

The undead may be just tools but they were still necessary tools, he hoped that the new King would not spend them carelessly. There was also the Valkyrie to consider, a Dark Valkyrie was not entirely surprising as they had existed in the past, but the Valkyrie tribes would see this betrayal as an unforgivable sin, both on the part of their Dark Sister and on their once-ally King Aleki.

His decision to slay the Valkyrie assigned to him was akin to a declaration of war, and so they could expect a host of the winged maidens to bear down upon them before long, and as numerous as the undead were, they were but a pittance compared to a Valkyrie.

He hoped that King Aleki knew what he was doing.

Aleki knew how to handle the valkyrie. He need the elven rangers. And then the orcs. With those classes he could prove to be a force to recon. He gathered up the dead and saw to it the elven dead wasn’t turned. He offered the elven people food shelter and a new kingdom. One where they are free and equal to all. Several joined willingly and even the few warriors joined him due to his just cause. A dark king seeking to right the world by being the balance was ironic.

as they walked orcs meet with him only to join. The goblins were worthless and the urak joined the orcs as well. There were several onii who joined the caravan.After three days he approached the foot of the mountain. He looked to his sister and offered her a hand “ come sister. This is our new home. He said as he walked into a ice cave to suddenly have Lilith guide him to a chamber inside where a ice blade that looked to hold souls of thousands of the Damned sat and a ring hung above the sword. He took the ring as he heard the voice of the mountain’ what is your purpose.’

he stood firm and nods “ I desire to end the war by being the one king who offers shelter to the weak and arms the strong. One who isn’t afraid to carry the darkness to defend the light!” The ground shook as he felt the mountain chuckle ‘ amusing. A litch who desires to end war by being a empire. There is living ones among you and you didn’t turn them.. you are worthy of the power. Take the blade and call forth your new army. The army of the mountain and your new kingdom.’

he took the blade and the mountain shook as the ground changed into a castle long forgotten and walls that dwarfs had built centuries ago. He smiled as he looked out upon the new kingdom he held “ now to use my power.. to become more.” He said as he walked out as a black crown formed around his head. The tips looked ice cold as a wave of the undead rose from beyond the gate and they too bowed to him.

"...Well, that's one way to make an impression" Ixion mumbled as he looked out over the walls, it had been about a week and the castle was still in an adjustment period as the various races learned to live with each other. Undead soldiers patrolled the pathways leading to the Castle - which Ixion was calling 'Doomcrown Keep' as a sort of private joke - but while vigilant and stalwart, this use of the unliving showed a new and previously unforeseen problem: they couldn't report back. The only real way to know if something happened was to wait for their return, if they didn't come back then either an avalanche claimed them, they fell from the ice or it was an invasion.

Not the most informative system by any measure, but at least it was better than nothing, giving the new King the time he needed to prepare and plan out his defenses; the next battle would be a defensive one, there was no doubt about it. Though the real threat was less likely to be the arrows and blades of their enemies - Ixion was confident that the selection Aleki had chosen would either forestall or completely prohibit the employment of siegeworks - and more likely to be starvation. The most common way of defeating a castle was starving the occupants out, but fortunately, it seemed that the Dwarves and Oni had some idea on how to tackle this.

The castle was built upon old crypts and catacombs - likely the very reason the King had chosen this site as it came with a full barracks, of sorts - and these catacombs were connected to each other in a confusing spiderweb of tunnels and caverns. These caverns had ice in it, ice that could be collected and melted safely to produce water, as well as ores that could be extracted for use in weapons.

The Elves showed their own ingenuity when it came to heat and fire to warm the populace; something they called a 'sunstone'. Sunstones were a curious post-sundering creation of smooth rock with a rune carved upon it that absorbed and stored the light from the sun and later could release it, this created a strong sense of warmth and when focused could even set things ablaze. They also had found a way to allow plants to grow even in this bitter, inhospitable place, thus at minimum, the people had both wood to burn, and plant life to eat.

Naturally, though, the Orcs politely objected to a purely vegetarian diet - and surprisingly the elves wholeheartedly agreed - and so they began sending out hunting parties. The mountains it turns out were rife with life, hardy and vicious life, but life none-the-less. Working as teams they managed to bring down beasts and drag them back to be used for food and clothing. Even the bones could be used by their master to animate, creating skeletal dire bears and wolves to reinforce the defenses.

It was easy to feel nigh-invincible, but Ixion advised caution, for while yes they had stumbled upon a bounty of good fortune thanks to the disparate races working together, they couldn't assume that the human kings would just bumble into their defenses. These were men who had made an art form out of warfare, whose very identities were staked on battles.

They would not be so foolish or arrogant to approach without plans and schemes of their own. At a minimum, it would be wise to at least presume that the enemy would be somewhat aware of king Aleki's forces and magical capabilities and would prepare accordingly.

After discussing with the elders of both the orcs and elves and found out there were many outcast dwarfs that seek shelter and a place to call home. He found a order elf who was willing to forge a set of rings and include runes to give those who wore the rings control over a few undead. And his ring would have the power to revoke the power granted. He gave them to the few elves out seeking other tribes and the orcs that would hunt down the other tribes of them. He didn’t care as he had them find their brethren. He would use the dead as fodder. It was a vast resource and replenished by the war. He then had some elven men training the few humans who wanted to learn how to fight using magic. Many learning dryad magic and some even mastering healing. And he studied a mix of elvish combat, and studied from Lilith on how to tap into the darkness. Even how to summon armor that would shield him from dragon fire. He had some wyver scales and had them forged into a unique tool. He knew of axes but knew the dwarfs had saws. After abit woods men would bring back entire trees in days. Soon helping create a one way entrance. The mountain cold would shield them from air attacks and the only way in was the pass. He had traps prepared in the pass and even had a few blood mages use curses on them in the traps so poison or a curse would harm those who land inside. A deadly curse that guarantees those who attacked from the pass could be pushed back with ease. He ensure lice cover the traps until they are under attack. Sunstones ready to be activated at a moment’s notice.

"Well this was unexpected" Ixion mused, the defense preparations were going as swiftly as could be hoped for when a messenger arrived from King Ryloth, Aleki's father, the young page had seemed terrified that he would be devoured by the zombies - a reasonable fear to be fair. It was a request of parlay, the King had questions for his son, many questions.

Kyra was not mentioned anywhere in the note.

Speaking of, the young sorceress had been getting a few pointers - Ixion hesitated to call them full-blown lessons - from Lilith, and trying to bond with the new demon, whom she had given the name of Vala. Kyra was still borderline mute, forcing Ixion to do the talking for her, the handsome demon chalking it up to the trauma and pain of what the mages had put her through.

Hnng... mages... that was something that was a lot harder to prepare for, sure their magical abilities were laughable compared to Kyra's or even her Brother's untrained spellwork, but that didn't stop them from being dangerous and a problem for the regular soldiers. Regardless, the missive suggested a town nearby, one devastated by the war called Oxvandilia, no doubt the old King would have his army there, giving him a decided advantage as there were only so many that Aleki could mobilize, especially amongst his living allies.

Showing up with legions of rotting corpses wasn't out of the question, but if the prince wanted to brand himself a storybook villain, there was no faster way, so the question was now what would he do? Kyra was content with the status quo at the moment, she seemed to be trying to find her way in this confusing labyrinth that had become her life. The handsome demon pitied her in that way, she wasn't an evil person, merely a curious one.

Aleki informed his men after he had gathered the information that the parley was accepted. He decided to approach his father. He wasn’t going to bring his army but had a plan. He would bring the one of each race and ensure they had two wings and would ride his undead wyvern. Valkyrie woman would be granted a ring as she was also informed that when her race nearly falls he will make her the ruler and thus keeping her close and even having her as a lesser wife. He glared as the darkness filled the air. He had rangers fill the trees in the forest nearby the township and three hundred undead heavy troops. It was a plan to ensure the king didn’t back stab him.

he wore his armor as Lilith and he requested that his sister to join him. Besides. His father was a greedy bastard. He wouldn’t think twice to kill the fucker. He wore the blade of the mountain as he rode with Lilith holding on to him as the wyvern got into the town. His generals would be three paces be hind him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back