• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Dark Part Of The Forest [Isekai]

TanteRegenbogen

Cuddly enby auntcle
An isekai where you are either reborn as an inhabitant of a dark forest. The forest and the lands beyond it are teeming with creatures from slimes to dragons. Only humans are rarely found in the forest. At first you don't know why until you wander close to the border between the forest and the human realm to see a human expedition struggle against slimes. It may be that in this world, humans are extremely weak in comparison to the denizens of the forest and generally everything in the human realm is weak.

Alternatively, you could play a human character who wanders into the dark forest to prove themself to be stronger than the rest of humanity. Possibly one that is shunned by other humans for having an irregular class or so.

Plot:

After a fatal accident in your previous life, you are given a new chance at life in another world. Just you are highly likely not to be reborn as a human, but rather as a mob (such as a slime or animal) or a more primitive sapient being such as a goblin, troll, ogre or halfbeast (minotaur, ratperson, reptilian). At first, you struggle and have to learn the ways of your peers (others of your species), but eventually surviving is not an issue. You have however always wondered if there are humans, elves or any other advanced species in this world, because it cant just be the forest and the uncharted lands beyond it and their primitive tribal species, right? One day, you eventually come across the border of the forest where beyond it are fields, roads and a town in the distance. As you wander out of the forest, you are spotted by humans who gather their weapons and give chase. Fearing they would kill you, you retreat back into the forest. You then witness the humans encounter a slime and struggle fighting it, retreating after defeating it. Are humans in this world weak squishy creatures equivalent in strength to basic slimes? While you are unlikely to leave the forest or stride far into the human realm, the humans intrigue you. You have to be wary of them though, as you might not know what evil they do to their own.

You can play a human, elf, dwarf or orc character, but you will only be strong against creatures found in the human realm. The dark forest and the uncharted regions are extremely difficult areas for the advanced species to survive in. If you are lucky and diplomatic, you can maybe forge a non-aggression pact with a primitive tribe or even become their ally, but everything else wont be as lenient towards you.

System:

Those who are reborn, receive a status window that shows their skills, level and so on. The advanced races who arent reborn have devices to determine some things such as mana, affinities and level, but not as thorough as status windows. Levelable skills can improve use of languages, cooking certain cuisines, specific combat skills and so on. Creatures unable to talk can only learn to understand languages but not speak them.

Setting:

Mostly in a place called "The Dark Forest". It is a forest large enough to span a country. It is full of strong and high level creatures. The only sapient creatures there beastmen and tribes of goblins, trolls and ogres. Though they are all on a stone age level of development. Beyond the dark forest are the uncharted regions, which range from steppes to deserts to lands filled with volcanoes. Humans have only explored the coastline along the furthest reaches of the uncharted lands by travelling the long way and made a few settlements in relatively safe areas there.

Could I play as the medieval fantasy equivalent of Kirby? Eating things to mimic their powers and being able to eat almost anything despite being like 2ft tall of pink/other colour ball with stubs

Could I play as the medieval fantasy equivalent of Kirby? Eating things to mimic their powers and being able to eat almost anything despite being like 2ft tall of pink/other colour ball with stubs
You can be a pink slime. But Kirby like powers would be a little OP in such a setting. Maybe your slime can use elemental magic.

well then i said i will then i will join, count my haunted/possessed armor as a part of the thing

I just realized I posted in the wrong thread last night for this, fuck

But yeah, I'm down. I'm thinking of playing a big hulking kinda character, like a Minotaur or perhaps a bear-man, one that eventually comes to an understanding with a human settlement.

TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen just out of curiosity: are there any groups that have achieved a certain level of civilization within the Dark Forest,or is it mainly just small camps/villages? Also are there other biomes within the non-human domains,or is it just endless forest with tall trees and all?

How much are we expected to level up by the end-game? Because if I get to go full Demon king by the end of this I'm totally in for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back