[The Dark City of Halenreind] Part One: Meeting at the Camerata Night Club

Royce Bracket

Magic Eight Ball
The smoke is heavy in the Air, the sounds of Laughter and conversation fill the nightclub as the music sets the back drop for an establishment of class and high standards. At a table the the far back, a man sips his drink awaiting the arrival of those he summoned

Lionell walks in the club as he notices there was quite a lot of people, smoking and drinking all over. Coughing a bit from second hand smoking, he made his way to the table at the farm back to where he sat in front of the man who he thinks must've called him to such a dirty place. Lionell wasn't really much of a big fan of these.. nightclubs. But he did like a little drink, he took of his hat, the only thing that he treasures. He would lose his wallet, his car, his watch, but never his hat. He placed the hat neatly on top of the table as he leaned back and crossed his legs and gave the man a little smile.

" Why did you call me up here ? " He asked the man as he ordered a glass of screwdriver from one of the waiters. He then turned his attention back to the man, waiting for his reply.

(Just a Reminder as I don't know if you saw it, this is taking place in the 1920's for reference)

The man chuckles “Rather rude, don’t you think? Assuming this table is for your party, simply sitting down, no introductions, and no asking names, simply ordering a drink and demanding answers. You've failed to even introduce yourself.” The man’s voice is a deep rich baritone, and has a peculiar whispery way of speaking. He appears to be in his early 30s, lean and slim with Dark blue inquisitive eyes, neatly combed yet tussled hair; unkempt in all the correct spots to allow style to come into play and Dressed in a simple white button shirt, suspenders, and black slacks. Setting down his drink, what appears to be a rum and cola, he lights up a cigarette and takes a deep drag “Yes Detective, at least that’s what I’m assuming you are, as I only set the message out to those I thought could handle the assignment. This is your table, and I have called you and others, Although it appears as though you are the first to arrive, to solve a particular….problem.”

He chuckles at the thought of him being "rather rude" . He never really cared about what others would think about, even in the precinct he would still act the same way to the others whom he already knew. His drink arrived then he realized that he should at least introduce himself so that it wont be awkward not knowing his, or the man's name. " Name's Lionell, Krisof Lionell, and and for someone to summoned me here, you might at least introduce yourself mate " he ask as he took a sip at the glass savoring it's sweet alcoholic taste. Carefully placing the glass beside his hat.

“Royce, Royce Bracket, entrepreneur, Inventor, Designer, and problems solver; I represent a party that’s been noticing some patterns over the last several months, and we’d like to figure out why these patterns are presenting themselves.” Sliding his now empty glass over to the side, steepling his fingers in seriousness “You have noticed it haven’t you? People disappearing all over the city, the rain for almost a month strait now with no sign of letting up, More and more people checking in to the hospital for nausea and headaches. Something is certainly wrong in this city my friend and I’ve called you here to figure out why.”

Raising an eyebrow at the name it sounded a tad bit familiar. Continuing to take a sip from the glass and then placing it down, he slips his hand in his jacket, taking out a pack of cigarettes and then tilting it once to the side as one stick slides it's butt from the opening. He then placed this over his mouth, gently placed them in between his lips as he took it out by holding it in place there and by taking the rest of the pack away from it. Lionell placed the cigarette back in his jacket pocket, and took out a lighter from his chest pocket, lighting the cigarette up and inhaling it's deadly particles not caring for whatever may happy to him in the near future.

" Yes, we've been getting recent reports about missing people. But for the rain and people checking in hospitals. I see my profession has no relevance to such situation. But now that you mention it, it has really intrigued. " He said as he exhaled the smoke from his lungs and gave the man a glance.

" You.. are not responsible for any of it.. are you ? " he asked the man jokingly, but with a slightly bit of suspicion.

Users who are viewing this thread