• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Dalish Curse: A Dragon Age Adventure

[div class="container"]
[div class="characterImage"] [div class="characterName humanName"] SITHIG [/div] [div class="characterTitle humanTitle"] AVVAR MERCENARY [/div] [div class="tagsContainer" style="display: none;"]
Health: 25/34
[/div] [div class="tagsContainer" style="display: none;"] Status: Sprained Ankle [/div] [/div]​

[div class="textContainer"] [div class="textChild"] [div class="text"]
Sithig accepted the assistance with less fight than would be expected, slinging his arm around his Qun companion, taking all his weight off of his injured foot. "An inn? Ah, yes, I could use some ale... Would help with this foot." he said, either not noticing the comment about Eshara being taken to prison or simply not caring. Either way, he didn't mention it. "Why do these people hate the elves? Why, Avvar-Mother's lover was an elf! That should be enough to show they're not bad."
[/div] [/div]
[/div]​
[/div]
[class=background] width: 100%; height: 725px; padding-top: 25px; background-color: #ECEBD4; [/class] [class=container] width: 500px; height: 700px; margin: auto; display: inline [/class] [class=characterName] color: White; font-family: Syncopate, Sans-Serif; font-size: 60px; font-weight: 900; text-align: center; padding: 70px 15px 0px; 15px; [/class] [class=characterTitle] color: White; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 25px; [/class] [class=tagsContainer] width: 30%; background-color: #353530; padding: 15px; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-Serif; font-size: 10px; margin: auto; color: white; [/class] [class=characterImage] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(http://cdn.greenpacks.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/the-andes-mountains.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class name=characterImage state=hover] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://imgur.com/eTVxtAB.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class=textContainer] width: 100%; height: 400px; font-family: Raleway, Sans-serif; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; border-left: 6px solid #0B5394; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=textChild] width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding: 0px 17px 0px 10px; display: inline-block; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block; text-align: justify; margin-right: 15px; [/class] [script class=characterImage on=mouseenter] hide humanName hide humanTitle fadeIn 500 godName fadeIn 500 godTitle fadeIn 500 tagsContainer [/script] [script class=characterImage on=mouseleave] hide godName hide godTitle hide tagsContainer[/script]​

Jason

Jason hesitated a second more before Katas prompting had him grabbing the torch. Eyes darting across Sithig form; if his wanting of ale and complete lack of concern over Eshara was anything to go by, he would be just fine. Jason relaxed, albeit not by much.

“Thank you,” Jason responded to Sithig not sure that that should be the reason Elves were not that bad but taking what he could get.

The walk was slow going trying to keep pace with Sithig hobble.

“Why take her to jail?” Jason asked suddenly because that’s what he did, that’s how he learned “Not that I am arguing with you Mr…. ….,” Jason grimaced suddenly realizing the disadvantage.

“It is just that if the town would tear her apart; putting her in jail for, what?” he glanced at the armored man before looking forward again; not wanting to judge him before knowing him, “No reason?”

“This would gather a lot of attention, would it not? Helping no one. When we could quietly bring her in rest up and take off before anyone was the wiser,”

Taking a breath, Jason looked at the armored man again confused by this line of thinking. Anyone could be a Jenny, he believed that, because the system was based on taking down those who wronged people who did not deserve it. Eshara did not deserve this if she did Jason doubted he would be so keen on helping.

“Why are you against it?”

Kata walks silently at Sithig's side, vir eyes down to the ground and seemingly concentrating on watching where they stepped. But their ears are pricked for answers, curious to learn more and curious as to Jason's method of thought.

The Avvar was a comforting weight at Vir side, though, and Kata made a mental note to ask more about this 'Avvar-Mother' when they were somewhere warm.

Last edited:
full

Handing his torch to Jason, the young man hesitated for only a moment before carefully picking up the injured Dalish Elf now known as Eshara. "The... who?" the man's nose crinkled in confusion at Sithig's remark.

"Brenn. Brenn Dale," he answered at Jason's pause at his name. With a heavy sigh, he looked down at Eshara as he answered. "It's a long story, but I suppose we have the time... it'll be another half-hour or so before we reach Vintiver. Right now, the jail is the safest place for her. No one but me and my father, the jailhouse warden, will be able to get to her... we're the only ones left of the town's guardsmen."

Another heavy sigh left Brenn's lips before he began again. "Last week, during the beginning of our festival, the Dalish rolled into town. This isn't unusual; they follow the migration of their halla and once and a while their arrival matches the weeks of our harvest festival. They usually stay around for a night, buy some wine, sell some trinkets, tell some fortunes, and perform some acrobatics for some coin. Look, I can't tell you exactly what went down because I wasn't there- I was on duty that night- but there was an... altercation between one of the young Dalish men and our town's blacksmith, Coalan. Again, I don't know exactly what was said, but when they began to fight my father broke them up and the Dalish went on their way..."

The night was silent with the exception of the party's footsteps and Brenn's deep voice as he continued to tell his tale. "We thought that was the end of it, but a couple of nights later one of our guardsmen, Mikel, never returned from duty. The next night it was Guardsman Katelyn. After that some of the livestock in the surrounding farms would be found butchered... and then more people went missing." His voice wavered, clearly upset.

"We've lost a lot of people. Nearly everyone in town thinks the Dalish have cursed us, said they heard him curse us... I'm sorry, but I can't let you take her. I don't think they have anything to do with this but we need answers."

full

"There are no real leads? No one investigated?" Kata asks in a low voice from where ve walks.

That, ve knows, is not how curses work. But livestock being slaughtered is a different M.O. than what they found at the farm, the complete opposite. Nonetheless, there is a gleam in vir violet eyes. This is a mystery and it <i>begs</i> to be unraveled.

full

Brenn glanced sideways at Kata, a small frown on his face. "My father and I investigated as well as we could, but although we like to call Vintiver a town it is, in fact, a village. Our numbers are low and most of our people are simple farmers. We're under the Stenhold Arling, so we've sent word to them for assistance with some guests who left a couple of days ago, but we've heard nothing yet. If the Dalish are also being attacked, that's the clearest lead we've had so far." Brenn's voice had been stern, a tad insulted by Kata's words, but now they softened, "We're doing the best we can."

full

[div class="container"]
[div class="characterImage"] [div class="characterName humanName"] SITHIG [/div] [div class="characterTitle humanTitle"] AVVAR MERCENARY [/div] [div class="tagsContainer" style="display: none;"]
[/div] [div class="tagsContainer" style="display: none;"] Status: Sprained Ankle [/div] [/div]​

Sithig stayed quiet as Brenn spoke, waiting as patiently as he could for his own chance to speak, jumping at the first chance. “Ah, yes, I suppose you wouldn’t know who the Avvar-Mother is. Not to worry, I used to tell this story to all the little kids back in my clan.” he said, clearing his throat.

“Tell the tale of Tyrdda Bright-Axe, mountain maker, spirit’s bride:
Free, her people, forged in fastness, made in mountains, hardy hide.
Wise in wisdom, calm in counsel, great in gifts her grateful guests,
Sacrificed she did to spirits, took their teachings, followed quests.
Bright her axe, unbreaking crystal, stirred to flame when temper flies,
Gifted from her lead-eared lover, laughing lady of the skies.
Bested blades of all who tried,
Maiden, spurning all requests,
Tyrdda Bright-Axe, Dreamer's Eyes.
Avvar-Mother, of her making.

Thelm Gold-Handed, fingers greasy, jeweled rings with glitter shone,
Took in tribes in times of trouble, fed them fat to weaken bone.
Warriors great and great in number, sun-kissed swords to fight his wars,
Drake-scaled shirts their bodies covered, heart-wine stained the salty shores.
Told his tribes a tale of treasure, over sea to north it gleamed,
Whispered words to drive the droves to golden city where he dreamed.
Counseled quick in dreams alone,
Voices wiser man ignores,
Pushed the tribes until they screamed,
Heed the dreams and cross the Waking.

Honey-tongued was Thelm to Tyrdda, gifts of gold and steel to start,
Wanted Tyrdda's men for warriors, stolen tribe from stolen heart.
Cold, her tribe, the Gold-Hand counseled, lean from winter's wind-knife chill,
‘Be my bride and cross the Waking, eat the gilded city's fill.’
Tyrdda Bright-Axe, fraught with fury, crystal axe-head stirred to blaze,
Heeded well her leaf-eared lover, unabashed by lustful gaze.
‘None shall break my tribe apart,
Not with demon-words that kill,
Fear my fury's fiery rays,
Dream-words lie, their thirst unslaking.’

Tyrdda Bright-Axe, Thelm Gold-Handed, battle brought with blade and ax,
Thelm in mail and shields of silver, shining sheen to turn attacks.
Blade of dragonbone now blooded, warrior throats wrung raw with cheers,
Tyrdda stands, her bright ax blazing, leg still weeping battle-tears.
Bright the ax of leaf-eared lover, laughing lady of the skies,
Fire flares as Thelm Gold-Handed, honey-tongued, repeats his lies.
‘North to warmth, and golden cities,
Whispers speak in Dreamers ears!’
Silver scorched, the liar flies
On ravens' beaks, to dream unwaking.

Tyrdda Bright-Axe, bold and bloodied, took her tribe from placid plains,
Tribes with blades by farming blunted chased and fought, their parting pains.
To the mountains shorn of shelter, snow-slicked peaks gave wind its bite,
Found a cave to save her tribe, but dragonfire lit the night.
Beast no blade could break came roaring, mountains slipped their winter gown,
Tyrdda shouts to leaf-eared lover, ‘You I chose above a crown!’
Lightning split the spitting rains,
Sundered over prideful heights,
Dragon fell in rubble down,
Crashed and crushed in earth's mad shaking.

Tyrdda Bright-Axe, proud her tribe, free from fallow fat below,
Built in battle, fed on fighting, strong from struggle did they grow.
Deep in caves, the stone-men tribe, Hendir's warriors, stout and strong,
Met the tribe with axes ready, armor gleaming, sword-blades long.
Spoke with Tyrdda did her lover, gentle whispers soft she made,
Dwarven hearts were sundered, simple, still with honor. Thus she bade:
‘Let the tribe the dwarf-men know,
In their caves, where they belong,
Not with battle but with trade,
Hendir's dwarves, give peace unbreaking.’

Tyrdda Bright-Axe, Dwarf-Friend Chieftain, with her leaf-eared lover lay,
Woke she did to love-sweat morning, lover gone in light of day.
Dream-words whispered, spoken soft, still the silence crushed and crashing,
Dead her tribe, unless a child could keep her line in warrior fashion.
Aval'var, so named the lover, called ‘our journey, yours and mine,’
One day child of Tyrdda's blood, Morrighan'nan in strength must shine.
Lover's whispers to obey,
Hendir, dwarf-prince, friend in passion,
Babe produced to serve the line,
The Avvar tribe, her name, our taking.

Tyrdda Bright-Axe, Avvar Chieftain, strong her tribe with dwarven trade,
Battles brought to men and demons, won with wisdom, fire, and blade.
Then did Tyrdda look to Hendir, dwarf-prince friend, children-giver,
Took her freedom, Hendir glad, wished her what he could not give her.
Chose her child to stand as chieftain, after all last wrongs were righted,
Gifted goods of worldly want, left her tribe no more benighted.
Skyward, one last trek she made,
To her lover, dream-delivered,
Raven-feathered, reunited,
Hearts both whole, now neither aching.”
[/div] [/div]
[/div]​
[/div]
[class=background] width: 100%; height: 725px; padding-top: 25px; background-color: #ECEBD4; [/class] [class=container] width: 500px; height: 700px; margin: auto; display: inline [/class] [class=characterName] color: White; font-family: Syncopate, Sans-Serif; font-size: 60px; font-weight: 900; text-align: center; padding: 70px 15px 0px; 15px; [/class] [class=characterTitle] color: White; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 25px; [/class] [class=tagsContainer] width: 30%; background-color: #353530; padding: 15px; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-Serif; font-size: 10px; margin: auto; color: white; [/class] [class=characterImage] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(http://cdn.greenpacks.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/the-andes-mountains.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class name=characterImage state=hover] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://imgur.com/eTVxtAB.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class=textContainer] width: 100%; height: 400px; font-family: Raleway, Sans-serif; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; border-left: 6px solid #0B5394; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=textChild] width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding: 0px 17px 0px 10px; display: inline-block; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block; text-align: justify; margin-right: 15px; [/class] [script class=characterImage on=mouseenter] hide humanName hide humanTitle fadeIn 500 godName fadeIn 500 godTitle fadeIn 500 tagsContainer [/script] [script class=characterImage on=mouseleave] hide godName hide godTitle hide tagsContainer[/script]​

full

"O-oh, um," Brenn stuttered awkwardly. "That was quite beautiful. I'd clap but my hands are full currently." With another glance at Sithig and Kata, he raised an eyebrow. "So are you lot performers then? You with the dwarf and those qunari?"

full

Kata starts, almost dropping Sithig's weight.

"There are qun'ari in town?" It is the first time

Jason

“That which ends my life shall be my only escape; for the forfeit of my being is my penance," Jason mumbled Orlesian rolling off his tongue as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“I am unwilling to unpack all of that," he spoke clearly again “I am sorry for your losses, Mr. Dale, we are both full of more questions than answers. I do, however, hope you will allow me to see Eshara. I feel she has some answers for us both”

What the hell happened at the farm for one and now who was killing all these people. Jason did not believe in curses, but he believed in evil, perhaps her clan was behind these attacks and they left her as a warning. That did not explain nearly as much as he would have liked.

“Do you believe your blacksmith will be a problem to you with Eshara here?” Keeping it out of the town that she is dalish will definitely be a start but “News travels”

Jason wished that they could not go into town tonight, wait until she could speak to them here, but he knew that wouldn’t be an option when people went to check the farm. Someone would find them and it seemed Eshara would be accused.

Last edited:
full

"Oh, so you're not with them?" Brenn looked at Kata quizzically. "Forgive me, I mean, yes, they're qunari but not... I don't bloody know. I don't think they're followers of the Qun per se. They seem to be in some kind of performance troupe with the dwarven fellow that was in your caravan."

Brenn seemed surprised at Jason's sudden fluency in Orlesian. "You can call me Brenn. And if you wish to see Eshara tomorrow when she is awake, I have no reason to deny you. Although, I'm not sure she'll have the answers you seek. Coalan won't be a problem for me, but he does have quite the temper. I can handle him."

After a moment of silence, the village of Vintiver was before them. "I'll be headed to the jailhouse. A word of advice," he looked to Jason, "maybe keep the Orlesian to yourself around some of our older folk? To them, the occupation was just yesterday."

The group had arrived late, as it was nearly ten o' clock. Brenn began to walk away before he turned to the trio, pointing ahead with his chin. "Up ahead is the Arbor Inn. It's the building that's got the painted wooden sign with a bunch of grapes on it. There's a taproom inside if you wish yourselves a nightcap before your rest. Kelsa is expecting you. I believe my cousin is there too with someone's dog?"

full

full
Kelsa and Finella Mullin
kels and fin.jpg

The streets, or rather the walkways, of Vintiver were relatively empty upon the group's arrival. A young couple giggled and shrank behind one of the buildings when approached, and a middle-aged woman whose eyes were red and puffy sniffled and frowned at Brenn as he passed with a strange woman in his arms towards the jailhouse.

The Arbor Inn was the only building save for the village's Chantry that still had its outside lanterns lit. The two-story wood beam and plaster structure exhibited heavy, dark wood shutters and window boxes kept full of deep fuchsia dahlias. Just as Brenn had described, a carved and painted wooden sign bearing a dark purple bunch of grapes surrounded by curling leaves and vines bearing the establishment's name hung just above the front door. As the trio entered, a small bell attached to the door chimed, startling a teenage girl who had been busying herself with sweeping the wooden floors.

The interior of the Inn was nothing too fancy, but not exactly shabby either. The entrance room sported multiple tables where one could eat, drink, and play cards if they wished, and a large fireplace kept the room both warm and smelling pleasantly of wood. Aside from the teenage girl this room was empty save for a qunari at one of the tables whose head rested on their arms in a slouched position as they snored lightly. To the left, the entrance to the dark taproom could be seen. Straight ahead were two doors, one leading upstairs, and another to a kitchen from which a middle-aged woman emerged. The girl continued to say nothing, staring at the group wide-eyed.

"Oh, ya must be the lot we're waitin' on!" Spoke the older woman cheerfully. "Come in, come in. I'm Kelsa Mullin, I own there 'ere inn. This 'ere's me second youngest, Finella. Ya bellies must be achin' up a storm. Sit 'own and I'll fetch ya some stew!"

Arcill, suddenly aware of his master's presence raced out of the taproom greeting Sithig with a fury of licks. Arne followed, a pint of beer in his hand. "Made it. Good," he nodded, taking a large gulp of his beverage.

full

Kata does what ve always does in a new place - ve looks. Ve peers around at every tiny bit of Vintiver; at the people but more at the buildings and signs and flora. The bundle of grapes are always a good sign, the Common under it none withstanding, and Kata is veering towards the building before ve consciously realises that it must be Arbor Inn. Ve takes a moment to spare a long look for the flowers, hoping that perhaps ve has a window room even if ve honestly thinks it unlikely.

Kata tips vir chin up, straightening vir shoulders as the small girl-woman before them freezes, vir mind already trying to bluster up an imposing stance and trusting it to give vir and advantage. Whether one is needed or not. Still, vir eyes widen a fraction as their gaze sweeps over the interior and comes to the sleeping tal-vashoth. Logically, they're vashoth and not qunari but still Kata's heart hammers a little harder as vir Fight or Flight instinct kicks in. Ve really must talk to that group but as nervous as they make vem it's a task that must be saved for the morrow.

Vir eyes flick maybe a bit too fast as Kelsa emerges but it gives Kata time to school vir face into a more controlled expression. Control comes easy to vem. Kata give her a gracious nod, giving Arne a similar one as he welcomes them back, before finding a chair at a table relatively close to one of the windows but far from the room's sleeping occupant.

full

Kelsea nodded happily as Kata took a seat at one of the tables. "My, my," she spoke cheerfully, "It's been a whiles since we've 'ad so many of your kind 'ere, ya horned folk that is. It's a proper show, innit Finella?"

"Mother!" The girl gasped, her freckled face becoming florid.

"Oh, come now!" Kelsa admonished her daughter, "Nothin' but good well-humoured chit-chat here. I swear," she turned to the group again, "these young ones are so sensitive nowadays! Go on now, Finella, and fetch these fine people some stew."

Finella gave what appeared to be an apologetic glance at the trio before disappearing into the kitchen. Once she was gone Kelsa resumed her chatter.

"I 'eard what ya done at the farm. Brave of ya. Was there... no one left then?"

full

Jason

Jason stayed silent as they walked knowing that most of the guardsmen where gone did not stop him from seeking escape routes, hiding spots; Vintivers old folk weren't the only ones reliving Orlais's occupation within their heads. That doesn’t stop Jason’s eyes from focusing on the middle age woman with the tearful eyes, steps freezing for half a second wanting to ask what ailed her before logic kicked back in. Knowing where one was staying was slightly more important for the time being. So he memorized, looking at key features already making plans to come back when his time allowed.

Watching Kata tense when seemingly within a safe space kept Jason tense as well, his eyes flickering to them in confusion before looking away; it’s none of his business.

“It is nice to be here ma’am” Jason nods to Kelsa then Finella in hopes the wide-eyed girl would find a new focus for her gaze. It’s easier to ignore when sidestepping for Arcill allowing the animal a wide birth while looking over Arnie.

“Arnie,” Jason smiled “I am glad to see you are alright”

However, he stays standing as Kata sits his voice falling short when Finella leaves before he can politely refuse something to eat.

“I am sorry,” Jason spoke to Kelsa in full honesty answering her question without saying much at all. “However, I have plans to learn more of what happened, I do apologize I will be unable to enjoy the cooking for now”

“I will be right back”
Jason nodded to Kata and Sithig before exiting the building, following their path to the crying woman.

full

Arne glances at Jason quizzically, finishing his beer before responding, "Just Arne." Placing the empty glass on one of the tables he gives Kelsa a short nod before heading upstairs, presumably to his own room for the night.

Kelsa looks at Jason with alarm, her eyes widening at his apology. "I do 'ope ya ain't plannin' on 'eading anywhere out a' town," but his promise of quickly returning seems to settle her a bit.

After only a moment Finella returns, carefully carrying only one large bowl of stew.

"What 'ave you done, Finella! There's more than just one person 'ere; you daft?"

Her face slightly annoyed, the woman's daughter shoots back, "Well I can hardly balance it all, can I?!" The two bicker for a moment before Kelsa goes back into the kitchen herself to get a bowl for Sithig while Finella stomps through the other door disappearing downstairs on an unseen staircase.

Just as Jason exits the Arbor Inn a figure passes by, their face mostly covered in a thick cloth, leading a steer pulling a large wagon.

"Good evening," they greet with a husky, feminine voice. "You might want to cover your nose." Before she even finishes her sentence the foul stench of feces permeates the air.

The young couple seen previously were no longer in sight, but the red-eyed woman has remained where she was, sitting on the steps in front of her house, her head in her hands.

full

Kata watches on, mostly bemused by the presumed mother and daughter. The girl had a point, ve thought, though more in that if she can't balance more bowls then that's the fault of the mother. Despite the bowl in front of vem, ve nods Sithig over.

"Sithig. Let me examine your ankle."

Ve gives the stew a hearty sniff as ve waits for it to cool and waits for Sithig to sit beside vem, though doesn't move to help.

[div class="container"]

"No, I am not a performer. It is a very popular story up in the Frostbacks. As I said, I often recited it to children to get them to sleep." he responded, limping along. "If you'd like, I can recite it again." he offered, but as expected, was shot down. In light of this, he kept quiet the rest of the trip, not needing to add anything. He didn't exactly care for the Orlesian, they were too fancy for his tastes, but his clan traded with them nonetheless. After all, books do seem to be something quite valuable to the shaman.

At last, they finally arrived at the inn. God, he needed some ale, and a lot of it. Would help with the pain. As soon as he finished this thought, his dog bowled towards him, greeting the Avvar with a tackle and many, many licks."Aha! Good boy! I knew you'd get here!" he praised, rubbing Arcill furiously.

Oh no. Ow. Ow. Fuck. Kata just dropped him, and he was now trapped under 60 pounds of fur and love. And now Jason was leaving. Perfect. It didn't seem like he was getting up anytime soon, so he relaxed, listening to the conversations happening around him. Man, that lady wasn't very nice to her daughter. Judging from what he heard, it sounded like the girl was just trying her best, and was getting reprimanded.

Ah, finally, Kata seemed to notice that he was on the ground, in pain. He tapped Arcill's side roughly, signalling him to get off. Considering standing was out of the question, he scooted over to the horned one, lifting his injured foot and resting it on vir thigh.
[/div] [/div]
[/div]​
[/div]

Jason

Jason grimaced but nodded in thanks before moving on.

“Ms?” his voice was low hoping not to startle the woman with his presence “I mean not to offend but I noticed your grief and wondered if I may lend a hand or an ear if that would better suit you”

Jason moved no closer, a few paces from her bottom steps, and was more than willing to turn if she so desired, but he hoped not. The world was full of those who will take what they can and more; he had lived with one. Now he wanted nothing more now than to set some balance into the world. If it just so happens that helping one could mean help for more people, if done correctly, then Jason had no intention of messing this up.

full

It took only a moment for Kelsa to return from the kitchen with another large bowl of stew in her hands.

"'Ere ya go, loves," she patted her hands on her apron, doing her best not to question why the human man was still on the floor, his foot now resting on the qunari's lap. "I'll just be 'n the taproom sweepin' up. Let me know me know if ya need anythin'." And with that, she left the two alone.

Once Eaten, The Stew Adds +1HP To Your Character's Health.​

Ms. Smyth
Mary Smyth the widow.jpg
Outside, the once crying woman observed Jason's approach with a slight frown on her face that seemed to only grow the closer he got.

"Off with you," she growled, standing up roughly. "You knife-ears ain't nothing but trouble!" With a gaze burning with clear hatred the woman lifted her skirts above her ankle, kicking the now obvious chamber pot next to her towards Jason, its contents spilling below the stairs just inches from where the elf stood.

The husky voice belonging to the woman with the wagon called out almost immediately. "You're going to have to clean that up yourself, Ms. Smyth!"

The red-eyed woman merely spat at the ground and walked back into her house, slamming the door behind her.

ROLL FOR INVESTIGATION
/r 3d6+COM+Focus #**Investigation**

full

[div class="container"]
Health: 26/34

As he waited for the Qun to inspect his still-painful ankle, Sithig grabbed one of the bowls, gulping it down bit by bit. It was a little difficult to do in this position, but he managed to get it done anyways. "Ah! Nice and warm. Filled my belly right up." he said to himself, reaching up to put the now-empty bowl back on the table. After, he realized there was a much more comfortable position available. Grabbing few of the surrounding chairs, he managed to lift himself onto them, giving his head and his back relief from the cold, dirty floor.
[/div] [/div]
[/div]​
[/div]

Jason

Jason grimaced rubbing lightly at his pointed ears “Alright, apologies” but just as it came the distaste left an incessant need to giggle filling him. Smyth? As in from the letters burning a hole in his bag? The world smiled upon him for half a second. The need to take this woman down taking over him before his anger passed once again.

“Ms?”
he turned to the woman with the wagon who had just made his day “I do assume that was not completely a slight against me but the curse I have heard about? I understand if it is a touchy subject but if you may tell me more about it, it would be much appreciated”

Kata turns the ankle over in vir hands, touching lightly but with some experience to inspect where bruising has started to bloom. When ve looks up to deliver a prognosis, it is with slight amusement that they end up silently watching how Sithig eats. Straight from the bowl - efficient, ve supposes. Still different from so many Inns.

Kata adjusts the ankle so that it rests more comfortably and, as ve turns to vir own stew, declares; "It needs rest and it will work by your orders again come morn. A nasty twist, though. Let it not grow cold." Ve takes careful sips of stew, favouring the broth until the few bits are left in the bottom of the bowl, looking more suitable for a fork than the spoon. Ve seems to savour the chunks as ve chews.

full
Gong Farmer
Raina.jpg
The woman was busy collecting the contents of the chamber pots left out on the porches of the village's residents when she was interrupted by the elf, her eyes widening amusedly as the smell of the wagon seemed to affect him again. The amusement was quick to leave her face, however, at the mention of a curse.

"Curse?!" She frowned, her gloved hand still scooping the mixture of feces and urine into her tarpaulin-covered wagon. "There's no curse in this town, don't let the folk here put such nonsense into your ears." Returning the now empty chamber pot, she and the steer moved forward to the next house and she repeated her actions.

"I don't live here, this is just one of the three towns I service, but my girl does." Setting down her most recent chamber pot she lowered the cloth around her head with her right shoulder, revealing her face. "You listen to me, and you listen good. I've got nothing against you and your kind, but those Dalish are nothing but demons. They've gotten themselves offended and in a huff and now they mean to torment Vintiver for who knows how long! I've witnessed first hand what the Dalish can and will do. They're nothing but baby-killing monsters. Do yourselves a favor and leave at first light. This town is doomed."

full

[div class="container"] [div class="characterImage"] [div class="characterName humanName"] SITHIG [/div] [div class="characterTitle humanTitle"] AVVAR MERCENARY [/div] [div class="tagsContainer" style="display: none;"]
Health: 26/34
[/div] [div class="tagsContainer" style="display: none;"] Status: Sprained Ankle [/div] [/div][/div]​
[div class="container"]

The bulky man soon moves his foot from his companion's leg, just sitting there for a good thirty seconds before getting up and limping over to taproom. He plopped himself down on a chair, hoping to get the attention of the older woman. Kelsa, was it? "You don't happen to serve ale, do you?" he asked, even though he already knew the answer. He reached into his coin purse, setting down roughly 25 copper pieces. Little more from the looks of it. He didn't take the time to count. "I'll take a pitcher. Would do wonders for this here foot."
[/div] [/div]
[/div]​
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back