• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The curse of the Blood seas... "oh? you're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right to me? Even though your grandfather..."

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"I choose to live life bound not by laws, but bound by Freedom, Opportunity and Treasure.
As anything can be found in the ocean, we live knowing anything can be taken at sea"

Edward Rahull, 1600--1672
ahoy.jpg
A rather romantic view of piracy, tis a quote from a legend bastardized by criminals to this very day.
Edward Rahull made discoveries that changed the world during his life of adventure. From the Harmon nation to the Wulla empire, Captain Rahull was seen as either the devil in human form or as a inspiring hero who champions for the unfortunate. Rahull was neither but welcomed the rumours.

Our tale isn't about the storied captain but he certainly helped set it in motion. You see, so inspiring was Captain Rahull, so large was his fleet that when they landed on the island of Tapyoka the natives had no choice but to surrender their homeland, this land held many secrets... all of them taken to the grave.
20210206_204246.jpg
The town of Rahull was built in the northeast, growing larger over time as criminals and settlers from both the Harmon nation and Wulla empire flocked to the island. Though Edward Rahull would not live to see it, Tapyoka became a place of renown and legend due to its natural resources. Rahull was known not only as a pirate haven but as a exotic trading hub.
AC4_Nassau.png
(Tapyoka is a island that grows a tremendous amount of runes due to mana flow from the equator. Unfortunately this also effects monster growth.
A rune is a magic stone that can be found in nature or inside a Monster.
Runes come in many varieties and sizes.)

horso.jpg
(Rahull the town, 1700)

Our story begins at the start of a new century, negotiations between the Wulla empire and Harmon nation have broken down and war has been unofficially declared. This news while horrible is also a grand opportunity for the people of Tapyoka. War means business and while all involved understand it to be dangerous business... None expected the horror that would come to pass.
images.jpeg-24-1.jpg
The skies burn with darkness as the waters turn red and the weather becomes violent.
Through the chaos and noise everything is destroyed.
This is the Monster of the Blood seas.
The blood seas takes everything,
The monster consumes all...

You can notice it from a distance, one might smell the burning clouds or see twisters towering like titans thrashing amongst blood red waves.
Mortals feel it in their soul, when the monster gasps for air it steals the breath from your lungs.
Some say the blood seas is a cursed monster, a hideous whale larger than the island tied to it. Constantly bleeding never dying, always moving in search of food and calm waters to stain with dread.
Some say the monster is humanity's curse, the gods way of punishing such cruel hate filled beings.

But the ancient natives of Tapyoka call it "Abhisapta rakta" (meaning Cursed Blood whale.)
The natives believed the bloody whale would appear every century to show judgement on the mortal world, doing unto it's inhabitants as they would the land and water.
Any who survive a encounter with "Abhisapta Rakta" would be called, "Rakta śakti" as any who survive the blood seas emerge as a different person. (Rakta śakti meaning Cursed Blood power.)
===========================
The story/rp is about the mysterious Cursed whale, your character is one who survived a encounter with the blood Whale and you have emerged as a different person with a cursed power. A man named Boseph Bostak wishes to save his family and by extension the world but to do so he believes he must have as many of the Rakta śakti that can be recruited.

This is a fictional world with monsters and magic, however only the Rakta sakti are able to use magic or abilities without mana stones/gems/runes.
A mage in this world is someone who collects, practices and studies physical sources of mana to use in everyday life or combat. A stone is common or weak magic, gems are like stones but higher tier, runes are found in monsters and are generally as good or better then gems.

I'm looking for four or six players to start with.
The posting requirements are two paragraphs or more twice a week.
If you have any questions please ask them here or in a PM.

Ideas of strange powers,
Invisible when wet- in rain or water this person cannot be seen when wet.

eye-bird's view- able to summon/create a large falcon which the person can control/order to do their bidding as well as see what said bird sees.

Sword bender- unable to hold/wield traditional weapons but they are immune to conventional weaponry.
(Most swords, clubs, knives, arrows axes etc)

Sun spot- able to conjure light and fire from the red spots on their palms.

Animal crossing- able to communicate with beasts and take the shape and strengths of a mutated beast.

Cs page is here

Last edited:
I'm interested! Would our characters have some sort of drawback to their power?

I'm interested! Would our characters have some sort of drawback to their power?
They certainly could and I would strongly suggest they should.
Easy example being "sword bender" is immune to weapon damage but is unable to wield A weapon.
So they fight unarmed

"Sun spot" can make fire and light but only their hands would be immune to flames etc

If you make up your own power it would work better with a drawback

Cool! I got a concept for a mercenary who has eye-bird's view but ends up going blind himself, though I might mess around with some other ideas before we start making character sheets. I just hope more people join so we can actually get to writing.

Eye bird is actually a one eyed bird, so it would take the users left or right eye regardless of when it's in use or not. As it actually summons a living magical creature that is sentient/loyal Its one of the best abilities.

Oh cool, thanks for letting me know- One more question, does the falcon only exist when it's summoned or does it live even when the power isn't in use?

Only alive when in use, the user would have to make a decision about bringing it out or away cause damage to the bird transfers to the user

sword bender got a laugh out of me so im interested in playing a character with that power

If a laugh is all you need to be invested i can make up a cs page soonish

wait no, i think id like to play a healer who can only transfer injuries to himself and only heal himself when hes close to death, but he can heal himself to perfect health like that

the worst power combo ive ever made but one i will never get sick of

If a laugh is all you need to be invested i can make up a cs page soonish

it really is

Cs page is here and in the first post

thx : )

I just hope he doesn't become too annoying to play, with how he is right now he'll probably end up mentally sulking all the time or getting clapped by every other character here

thx : )

I just hope he doesn't become too annoying to play, with how he is right now he'll probably end up mentally sulking all the time or getting clapped by every other character here
dont worry ill fix him when he gets clapped by all the other characters (including my own)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back