• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Curse of South Fork Academy -- OOC Thread

Writer_Princess53284

No retreat, no surrender
In the city of Saint Narmore, Massachusetts, everyone knows everyone, from the butcher's, to the baker, and even the pastor and bikers are chummy. On the outside, the town seems picturesque, one of those towns you see on cutesy postcards one would send children.

But, the town does have one dark shadow looming over it:

South Fork Academy.

On the surface, many would love to see their son or daughter attend this high school. Many alumni have managed scholarships to Harvard, Yale, Princeton or other Ivy League or note worthy schools. Well, those who can make it out alive, that is.

At least one student at South Fork dies a year, many under mysterious circumstances, some go missing and return mysteriously changed. Others never return at all. The last four years parents have been pulling students from the school that have grown suspicious. Few and far between are these "radicals" who refuse to risk their child's safety while staff go about as if nothing is wrong.

Will the "Curse" be lifted. Do you dare attend? And if you do, can you make it out alive?

Welcome to The Curse of South Fork Academy OOC Thread, here you can discuss various subplots you'd like to engage in with the others or just general mucking about :) If you're interested in adding a character, please go to the character thread here

Rules
Follow site rules (that's a given)
Respect one another
Don't degrade another person's ideas as stupid (It's okay not to like them, just be respectful)
Have fun :)

ANNOUNCEMENT:
THE IC THREAD IS NOW OFFICIALLY UP FOR THOSE WHO HAVE POSTED CHARACTERS AND WANT TO GET STARTED
You can find the link to it here!

DUE TO THE SCHOOL YEAR BEING NEAR OVER IN "NORMAL" CIRCUMSTANCES, THE STORY IS GOING TO START IN SEPTEMBER, SO A BRAND NEW YEAR! IT IS CURRENTLY 8 AM ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

STAY SAFE EVERYONE :)

Writer_Princess53284 Writer_Princess53284 I just realised, this is going to sound so so weird but I myself was homeschooled as a kid and have never actually BEEN to school before, so I’m afraid I may be a little inexperienced with what actually goes on there outside of what I’ve learned from other people 😅 I still feel confident to write though and I will google stuff before I write things that I’m not sure about, but if I do end up writing something that seems unrealistic for a school setting, do let me know and I will rewrite it as fast as I can, if that’s okay.

Writer_Princess53284 Writer_Princess53284 I just realised, this is going to sound so so weird but I myself was homeschooled as a kid and have never actually BEEN to school before, so I’m afraid I may be a little inexperienced with what actually goes on there outside of what I’ve learned from other people 😅 I still feel confident to write though and I will google stuff before I write things that I’m not sure about, but if I do end up writing something that seems unrealistic for a school setting, do let me know and I will rewrite it as fast as I can, if that’s okay.

Hey it’s all good, don’t worry about it :)

We're practicing witchcraft in the room of the occult club, i think realism went out the window in the second i entered this RP lol

We're practicing witchcraft in the room of the occult club, i think realism went out the window in the second i entered this RP lol
I’ve just woken up and I’m reading all these messages, things have changed quite a bit from yesterday night! 😄 I like it though!

Would it be okay if maybe Freda could also have some knowledge of witchcraft, though hasn’t got anything to do with the Occultism club and mostly keeps it secret (for now at least)? I thought if witchcraft is going to be a real thing in this school then Freda might be the kind of character to be involved in it, though I’m fine if you’d prefer it to just be kept to the students. Writer_Princess53284 Writer_Princess53284

I’ve just woken up and I’m reading all these messages, things have changed quite a bit from yesterday night! 😄 I like it though!

Would it be okay if maybe Freda could also have some knowledge of witchcraft, though hasn’t got anything to do with the Occultism club and mostly keeps it secret (for now at least)? I thought if witchcraft is going to be a real thing in this school then Freda might be the kind of character to be involved in it, though I’m fine if you’d prefer it to just be kept to the students. Writer_Princess53284 Writer_Princess53284

2 options

1) she starts to learn magic now, by her own. Since it has been stablished that adults don't remember magic after the curse was unleashed

2) She's the main villain. The creator of the curse. She's so powerful that even the hive mind of the triplets haven't noticed her intentions at all

Choose (N° 2 sounds more fun)

2 options

1) she starts to learn magic now, by her own. Since it has been stablished that adults don't remember magic after the curse was unleashed

2) She's the main villain. The creator of the curse. She's so powerful that even the hive mind of the triplets haven't noticed her intentions at all

Choose (N° 2 sounds more fun)

Oooh now I don’t knoow...no. 2 does sound interesting and pretty cool, but I’m not sure I want Freda to be a villain yet! I’ll have to think.

Oooh now I don’t knoow...no. 2 does sound interesting and pretty cool, but I’m not sure I want Freda to be a villain yet! I’ll have to think.
Well since we have the amnesia card, why don't you use option 1 first and eventually recover your memories of being option 2? That's way more awesome

Ohhh you know I really like that idea...that would be a real twist! She could be genuinely sad at all the deaths and still feeling protective of her students while actually having been the villain all along without realising...that could be really good!

I’d need to maybe have a think about how she got amnesia and why she had placed the curse previously, also I’ll wait for Writer_Princess53284 Writer_Princess53284 to see what she thinks before anything’s set in stone, unless she already knows.

Ohhh you know I really like that idea...that would be a real twist! She could be genuinely sad at all the deaths and still feeling protective of her students while actually having been the villain all along without realising...that could be really good!

I’d need to maybe have a think about how she got amnesia and why she had placed the curse previously, also I’ll wait for Writer_Princess53284 Writer_Princess53284 to see what she thinks before anything’s set in stone, unless she already knows.

Well the amnesia is already there, it's from the curse. And yeah it would be an awesome plot twist. You're welcome n.n

Users who are viewing this thread

Back