• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Should this be revived?

• Yes, but I would not

• Yes, and I would be interested in joining

• No/ Not interesting

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pride.

Local Mushroom
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• The Crypt

Prepare for treatment

♡design by low fidelity, coded by uxie♡

Hey everyone, if you have seen things like Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark and Stranger Things. Then you know exactly what I was pulling from when I created this storyline. Now, I will say it has been a while since I have made my own group thread, so be patient with me. This is going to be a small group, so while it is not first come first serve I will not be creating new roles for people. I also want to note that this may contain some dark themes and graphic moments, depending on how things roll. While it will be my first time trying to make a real horror experience, I want to try different things to make something fun and interesting.

There will be some cheesy elements involved in this with a group of teens fighting a big bad, but you know I hope to still bring that creep factor as well. I know nothing new. Anyway, welcome to the chaos I have created and I hope that you choose to stick around.

You can feel something moving all around. You know what it is. You know exactly why the hairs on the back of your neck are standing on edge. You have been around this cursed shit long enough now to what follows you know. You look across the faces of the friends you have made, or maybe they are just the people you have gathered to survive this endeavor. You have suffered. You have lost people you loved to this curse. You are covered in the blood, sweat, and tears of your companions. You turn your gaze to the metal doors that you have passed through once before. This time you weren’t sure if you weren’t sure that if you stepped inside if you would come out. “You know if I won’t blame you guys if you don’t want to go in.” You look at the figure who was clutching a decrypted-looking book in their hands. You know this person as the Tome Keeper. The one who carries that cursed object. That was the thing that started all of this.

You all knew the power that thing possessed. Will you choose to enter that hell again, knowing what you know now. To stand, beside those who have been roped into this fate with you, or will try to find a way out on your own. No matter what you choose, let's hope they can save you before The Tome takes you as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

West Fort is a small town out in the middle of nowhere along the Canada-Washington border. No one really knows how or why West Fort is a thing. It was a town that was created for the hell of it back in the late 1800s by a group of people who had traveled out of Canada, and that is all people really know about the history of the town. West Fort prides itself on being like all those little towns in the movies where everyone knows each other and your friend's mom was also your mother. Most of the young people don’t stick around and only come to visit on the major holidays. That is to be expected in the life of West Fort. In the meantime, there are a lot of things that the young folk of the town can do to keep themselves entertained while they wait for their time to leave the small town. The most famous hangout spot of West Fort for the young community is the old hospital grounds that can be found along the outskirts of the town. The hospital was called Evergreen Hospital, but that is not what the locals call the place.

Everyone calls it The Crypt. Not exactly creative, but the only thing that remains of the hospital are two large metal doors embedded within the dirt. The doors used to be locked up, but the people gave up when the groups of kids kept breaking it off to get inside. The Crypt lies past these metal doors. The Crypt used to be where they would keep those who were deemed mentally ill, and everyone knows what kinds of things happen to the “mentally ill” during those times that the hospital was made. There are many local legends as to what happened to those patients within the underground halls, but no one has ever confirmed one story of the events that unfolded. Nor does anyone care to. West Fort has begun to treat it as a sort of tourist attraction, without treating it as such. While there are many stories of creepy instances happening with the Crypt. Nothing dangerous has occurred to any of the adventurous teens. In recent times it has become less creepy due to the fact that most of it has been explored now by both professionals and locals alike. It really has just become a teen hangout in the woods. Until recently.

This is where you come in. West Fort has recently been launched into an unfamiliar frenzy as five kids have been announced missing by the local police force. Nothing like this has happened within the sleepy town for years now. There has been no conclusive evidence found about what happened to those kids. All anyone knows is that during that cold night in August that all of them had gone to The Crypt. Even after thoroughly sweeping the inside of the remains nothing could be found. But if that were true then none of you would have gone to that place. You are all connected to the missing people who have seemingly become one with the shadows of West Fort, and you are not satisfied by what the police have done to find your friends or family. Upon doing your digging you discover that just maybe your connection discovered something within the Crypt that was better left buried. So either on your own or with a friend you seek out those metal doors in the woods. Because you aren’t those dumb kids in the horror movies you went during the day and knew you what you were up against. You had grown up on those stories of The Crypt and what happened to the people inside.

Upon your arrival, you discover that you are not the only one to think to search the somewhat run-down underground hospital. You know the faces of the people who have also come to this place for answers. Choosing to avoid the others or join them to cover more ground you continue your search for answers inside this place. You push onward into the Crypt, exploring the different parts of the rooms. The walls are covered in layers of graffiti and there are definitely some things that you don’t dare to touch during your search. The dark is not making it any easier either. Even though you came when the sun was high in the sky, the lack of windows made it impossible for the light’s rays to reach these walls. Nevertheless, you press one, determined to find out what happened to the people you have lost.

Just when you think you have found something, a blood-chilling rips through your body. Some rush towards the source of the cry, and some just stand there frozen. Those who rushed forward were grabbed by spectral hands that reached out from the insides of the rooms, the pale hands clapping down with iron force. More screams of terror and frustration filled the air. The slam of heavy iron doors echoes somewhere in the distance. Before you can think to react, gaunt figures of patients long past clamp down on your form. The rusted doors of these padded rooms close as your body is dragged further in. Your world flickers around you as the walls seemingly become what they once were. The graffiti melts away to reveal fresh white walls. But the figure that holds you remains unchanged as they slam your body down the bed. Their sunken in, eyeless sockets stare into you and whisper in your mind. Their mouths are unmoving. Locked in a perpetual look of anguish. “Prepare for treatment.” You feel a sudden burning up the inside of your arm. You scream and try to pull away, but these beings hold you there preventing you from ending whatever is happening.

The single light within the room shatters, now plunged into darkness you find that you can move again. But as you move your body you feel heavy, like you are trying to drag yourself through a swamp. You can feel your head begin to swim. Try as you might, you can’t fight off this feeling, and you succumb to its wills. You aren’t sure how long you lay there in a half-awake daze. You can feel something move around you and you can hear whispers in the distance. When you come to the room is what you had remembered it to be. The fresh walls and the pristine floor have been replaced with the same rundown look. You look to see that the door of your cells is still locked shut. As you move to get up off the floor as burn shoots through your arm. When inspecting the source you see four numbers carved into your flesh. Suddenly the door of your cell clunks open. Someone stands before you with a face of terror, a book clutched in their hold. As all of you step out of the Crypt you see that night has fallen. The shadows seem much longer than they did before. Your journey begins now.

Roles:
The Tome Keeper: The Tome Keeper is part of the quiet kid group. Never really getting into trouble and sticking to their little world. Their sibling was always the more adventurous one. They knew something was off when their sibling started to close themselves off. After their sibling disappeared they discovered a box full of notes talking about the Crypt and how they had woken up something. Deciding to leave their comfort zone and driven by guilt for the first time in their life they went to the Crypt to find out what their sibling was talking about in their notes.
The Wolf (Taken): The Wolf is a werewolf who lives in the pack that inhabits the small town of West Fort. They know the town like the back of their hand, knowing all the little shortcuts and back alley entrances to quickly crosstown. They also possess inhuman strength and incredible sense because of their heritage. They have come to the Crypt because someone they were close to in the pack was one of the missing people. Never one to back down from a challenge and wanting to avenge their pack member they dive into this without fear.
The Witch : The only one who is not connected to a missing person case. Their coven has been living in West Front since its creation. A long time ago one of their ancestors had been locked in the Crypt as a patient. Their coven has always sensed the great evil coming from the place and forbid them from entering the place. But when the people start going missing, they fear that the dark power the elders spoke off had been released. Not wanting to sit back and watch more tragedy happen like the elders did the first time around they search for the evil within the Crypt.
The Runaway : They left West Fort as soon as they had the power and money to do so. The only connection to the town was your young sibling who they would keep close communication with. They are called back when their younger sibling starts sending weird messages about being chased by spirits and demons. Worried they were going to do something stupid you return only to find that they have disappeared. Leading a life where nothing gets done unless they do it themselves they decide to do a search of their own. They knew of their younger siblings' love of exploring the Cyrpt so they knew where to start.
The Queen/Kingbee: The child of the town’s sheriff, they have both connections inside the school and outside of it. If they don’t know someone they can through the help of their friends. Never has been a part of the Crypt hype but their twin on the other hand was. Obsessed with all things creepy and true crime, their twin was sure that there was something down there. Frustrated that their parents haven’t made any progress with the case despite being the ones in charge, they know their twin had to leave some sort of clues on how to find them. Knowing their twin the Crypt had to be involved somehow.
The Jock: Due to the fact that they are heavily involved in school sports they have the most connection with the outside world than most of the others. If they want something that they can’t get in West Fort then they can just ask someone on the outside to get it for them. They also have quite a bit of leverage. A bit of a troublemaker but they know how to keep that to themselves. Their friend started acting weird after an adventurous night that somehow led them to the Crypt. Not knowing why since they hadn’t gone with them they only grew more concerned when their friend started rambling about this book they had. They knew that they found the book in the Crypt.

Connections (please read):
The Tome Keeper & The Runaway: These two know each other through their siblings, both of which seemed to have been claimed by this curse. Their siblings were the best of friends and thus they have shared a few words as well.
The Witch & The Wolf: They are well aware of each other's true natures and have been for quite some time. The Witch’s coven and The Wolf’s pack work together to make sure that their secrets are kept safe.
The Queen/King bee & The Jock: These characters know each other mainly through school. Seeing as though both the Jock and The Queen/King bee are the powerhouses of the school.
Feel free to build off these connections however you like.

Rules:
- All RPN rules apply
- I would prefer those who join are 18+, mainly because of what themes will be involved
- This is not first come first serve, meaning even if you apply to a role first that doesn’t mean you will be accepted.
- There will be some dark themes involved. So if you are not comfortable with that, then this might not be the thread for you.
- LGBQT+ friendly, this I will not bend on. If I see any discrimination, I will end you.
- Realistic fcs, please. You don’t have to know the person. (No YouTubers please, just a personal preference)
- The characters of this thread are going to be around 17-18. If you want to make a character older or younger, ask me beforehand.
- Romance is open, but it is not the main part of the thread.
- Be comfortable writing on a semi-lit to lit level. That means multiple paragraphs and around 600+ words. I don’t mind short responses, meaning like it is one to three paragraphs, every once and a while, but I would prefer that it doesn’t happen all the time.
- No one-liners.
- You don’t have to post every day, but I would like at least one post a week.
- Be open to plotting. I hate it when one person just sits there while everyone plots, even if you are just agreeing with someone, participation is key
- Be patient and I will do the same. If you need to be gone for a while, let me know instead of disappearing. That just messes with the flow of things.
- Hate the character, not the player. If you don’t like a character, don’t take it out on the person who plays them
- No Mary or Gary sues. Everyone has flaws. I will reject characters if they are just the perfect person who could do no wrong.

CS Thread: X

Last edited:
I am currently in California, but I am still invested in reviving this.

I did another post clean up because I am going to officially revive this. However, I do not have wifi at the moment only data for my phone, so I am not able to make a new thread. For those interested in joining this please feel free to shoot me a DM or message here. I can also make a discord server if people who want to join can chat and ask me questions.

So I ended up making one, and I also wanted to make on because I am hot of town but I wanted to answer questions and such.

Hello hello! For those interested I will be back home soon and will be posting a nee interest check for this soon. If you would like to be mentioned when it is ready let me know, or feel free to join the discord. I also crafted a couple new roles as well!

This as been officially revived, please feel free to check out the new one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back