OLD RP - The Crownlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FONT= 'Courier New']Isla Baratheon[/FONT]
divider01.gif

One hundred times. Isla had dragged the brush through her dark hair one hundred times exactly, as she always did before going out. It was almost for luck, a tradition she had just for herself, which was peculiar to some but was something she stuck to. Gently she set the brush down and examined her reflection in the mirror. Truth be told, appearances had never mattered all that much to her. She could acknowledge when people were pretty, and often told them -- her cousin Lysa, for example -- but had never understood why somebody would fret so much over whether or not they were deemed attractive. For once in her life, that worry was making sense, and for a fleeting moment she allowed herself to wonder whether her new husband would find her even the slightest bit appealing. She hoped so.

The young woman was broken from her thoughts by the voice of the very man she had been wondering about. He had called her 'his love', and she wasn't sure how she felt about it. Flattered? No, it was merely a nice way to speak to her, nothing more. Isla shook her head to move a dark lock of hair from her eyes and then headed for the door, which she opened and stepped through. There he was, Aegon Targaryen, her husband-to-be. What did she think of the man? Well for starters, he wasn't really a man at all, more of a boy. Yes, he was younger than her, but that wasn't it-- there was something else about him that felt 'young' to her. In a way he almost reminded her of Ivana, relatively influential and perhaps ambitious with no real knowledge of how the world was, and very little experience. The comparison brought a smile to her lips, but it looked more like she was pleased to see Aegon rather than amused by a private joke.

As she moved to join Aegon, Isla glanced back to offer Ser Garth a smile of greeting as well. She had barely said two words to the man but he was sworn to protect Aegon, so it didn't hurt to at least acknowledge him. There were so many people in the Red Keep that she was yet to speak to or even see, and she wasn't sure if she would ever get around to all of them. Perhaps she didn't really need to. She became lost in gathering her thoughts and remembering who she had already met during the short walk, and only really began to pay attention again when they came to a stop.

"We would love to join you, my lord," Isla spoke for the two of them, but then smiled and looked up to Aegon for confirmation, "Wouldn't we?" It seemed only right to consult him, even if she had already accepted the offer.
Akio Akio @Lancelot

[FONT= 'Courier New']Ivana Baratheon[/FONT]
divider01.gif

Lysa's comment brought Ivana out of her brooding thoughts, and the young woman turned to look at her. For a moment it seemed she might dismiss her sister's remark, but then her lips curled into a smile that revealed her dimples and she gave a bit of a giggle.
"Honestly Lysa, if I didn't have you I think I would keel over and die of boredom right at this moment," She announced dramatically, placing her hands on her hips and glancing back out onto the melee field. Even if she didn't always admit it, she did care a great deal for Lysa and was somewhat protective over her. The idea of Ivana protecting Lysa was almost amusing, considering the vast difference between their strength, size, and intelligence.
"How are you finding King's Landing so far?" The woman asked her sister, taking a few steps towards her. She tilted her head to the side, looking at the girl curiously. Lysa, when she thought about it, was rather pretty, and it didn't hurt that she also happened to be a lovely person. Isla was getting married, why not Lysa? Perhaps Ivana would be almost as picky about finding a suitor for Lysa as she would be finding one for herself, but it wouldn't be an impossible task.
"Lots of lords. I've met a few myself, have you met any?" She raised an eyebrow, curious, trying to read her sister's expression, "Maybe, if you... Well, maybe the next wedding we go to could be yours! I don't think I've asked you that in a while. Would you like to get married one day?" The excitement of her words was almost childlike as she perched beside Lysa and reached for her hand with a grin.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi

[FONT= 'Courier New']Daena Celtigar
& Visenya[/FONT]
divider01.gif

If there was one non-human thing that Daena loathed, it was the rain. She couldn't abide the way the droplets rolled down her skin, left little dark splotches on her dresses, created mud that she would have to try and navigate around. No, she did not like the rain, and that meant that the woman was already in a somewhat irritable mood as she entered the king's box. Had the weather been warmer she might have paused to greet the little group of people near the entrance, but in her haste she swept right past them without so much as a glance. There would be time for formalities later on, she supposed, just as soon as she was under cover.
The one thing that was taking the edge off of Daena's irritability was the company that she had. Her two children, Gaemon and Visenya; they were her pride and joy, the two lives she valued so much more than her own. Visenya was a sweet little thing, one hand subconsciously placed on her mothers arm as though breaking physical contact would break the protection that Daena provided, and Gaemon was just... Gaemon. He was her little boy, her perfect young man, and she adored the both of them. That was why she was so protective, because they meant so much to her. As she walked through the box to greet her family, she kept them close to her, just as she always did.
"Father, how lovely it is to see you," Daena greeted Daeron with the smile she reserved for her family and dipped her head in greeting. She would work her way through her siblings later, but for the moment her father was her primary focus.
Beside her, Visenya also dipped her dead in greeting, mirroring her mother. Being in the king's box was both exciting and frightening at the same time for her; there were so many new interesting people to observe, but at the same time she was afraid of offending somebody by mistake. Had she not been so worried perhaps she would have detached herself from her mother to go and explore, but she was still not at ease and so stood close to Daena, silently regarding those around her with her doe eyes. She reached up to tuck a lock of white hair behind her ear, drifting into her own private thoughts and curiosities about those in the box that she was yet to be acquainted with.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jasper Arryn
Arryn Quarters, King’s Landing​

The female body is truly a wonderful thing, thought Jasper Arryn as his eyes followed the tantalising movements of the woman’s slender frame, quickly shifting his gaze around her form to admire her in her entirety. Beautiful doe eyes, long, smooth hair, wide, childbearing hips, and most importantly the largest pair of tits this side of Lys. All his. Jasper’s mouth shifted into a devilish grin, licking his lips. He enjoyed these moments of solitude, just him and whatever lowlife he could find in the brothels and whorehouses of the city, bound to do whatever he wanted for just a few stags. It made him feel alive, it made him feel powerful. Jasper couldn’t remember the last time he had slept alone, being the Lord of the Vale certainly had it’s perks and one of them was that women were prone to throw themselves at his feet, and if they didn’t? Well all it took was a little bit of motivation.

“Oh Jasper! You like what you see?” The woman’s words were sweet enough but Jasper cringed nevertheless, tightening his grip upon her body, his hand clasped so tightly upon her shoulder that the tiniest slither of blood could be seen beneath the positioning of his fingernails, the scarlet staining the tips of his fingers. They were close enough so that Jasper could hear her breaths, her heart rate increasing rapidly as he loosened his grip, moving the bloodstained fingers to stroke her cheek instead. He could smell every fiber of her being, moving his nose closer to her body so that he could take in her lavender perfume.

“Lord Arryn!” He corrected with an aura of confidence and authority. “I have a reputation to uphold. I cannot let a back alley slut like yourself treat me with any less respect than I deserve!” He motioned for the whore to stand, the opaque cloths that had been doing little to obscure her figure falling to the floor, discarded. “Go on girl, what’s my name?”

“Lord Arryn.” She replied without hesitation.

“Good girl!” Jasper smirked. He liked it when people called him Lord, it reminded him of the great authority he possessed, and that it was he, not his father that was Lord of the Vale. “Now. You’ll have to clear off. Talk to my girl Anya about your payment and give thanks to your master, you didn’t even flinch.” Examining the blood upon his finger tips Jasper motioned towards the door, gesturing not only for the whore to leave him be, but also for his array of other servants to come in and help him dress. Today was an important day for House Arryn and he wanted to look his best.

Despite his ability to both fight and joust easily, armour would not be the apparel of choice for the Lord of the Vale. Whilst he knew that the days melee would give him a good chance to show off his skills at swordcraft in front of the hundreds of people gathered in King’s Landing, he had something more pressing to concern himself with than playing at being a knight with the other lord’s children, most of whom had had brought their knighthoods with coin rather than skill. Marriage.

“Anya!” He called as the last string of his doublet was tied up, Jasper giving the servant girl a little slap on the ass as she moved away. “I want my bed made and ready for when I return. I’m expecting company, lots of company.” He had a thought as he made his way to the doors of his chambers, his grin growing ever larger. “If the Dornish girl comes looking for me again, which wouldn’t surprise me: it’s in their nature to crave fucking and she and I certainly had a good tumble. Tell her that she can take her massive child-feeders to the Baratheon box. If it’s Rodger tell him I’m busy!”

With that he left, plotting a course for the melee grounds where he knew there would be an assortment of the most beautiful and gullible woman in all of Westeros, not that they concerned him for now. He had already begun to plant seeds in the mind of Ivana Baratheon and now all he needed to do was water them and watch as they grew into flowers of affection. She was pathetic, a puppet just waiting for someone to pick up her strings and Jasper was greatly looking forward to the day that she would be his. The Stormlands are no small reward, Jasper thought to himself, but what I’m really looking forward to is seeing if my lighting bolt will finally be the one to topple Storm’s End. Jasper chuckled as he imagined Ivana’s hair, eyes, hips and breasts, all in his bed.

With his thoughts as motivation, the Falcon of the Eyrie made quick progress to the stadium that served as a host to the day’s events and even quicker progress to where the Baratheon box was located. “Pardon me Ser. I'm afraid you’re not allowed in here, by orders of the Lady Ivana Baratheon.”

Jasper smirked, the nerve of this guard, thinking he could block the Lord of the Vale from anywhere, it was laughable. “Pardon me?” he said with great confidence. “Inform Lady Ivana that Lord Arryn has come to see her. I assure you she will allow me access to her box," and hopefully a lot more.

Jasper waited patiently for the Baratheon to allow him entrance, already planning his next moves. The Seven Kingdoms were like a game of Cyvasse and he a master player, he just needed to make sure all of his pieces were in the right place.

ailurophile ailurophile Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last edited:
The Ashwood Family
Lady Miranda's Tavern, King's Landing
The Ashwood were getting ready for the first main event of their trip to King's Landing. The melee was something that everyone was excited to see, even Daniel who up until now never showed interest about being in a new Kingdom. The North was completly different from the Crownlands. The landscape, the people, the costumes, the traditions and even the architecture. William was the first one to get out of the tavern whose owner was none other than Lady Miranda Danton. His wife, Lady Miya Ashwood, opened the door, revealing her dress and also left the building with her two daughters behind her. Catherine Ashwood was wearing a beautiful red décolleté silk dress. As for her half sister, Isabella "Nightshade" Ashwood, she had a dress of the same material, but it was more clingy and it was of the color cyan. The Lord of the House Ashwood smiled at the women and said "You all look beautiful". The ladies grinned at the man "Thank you my love, you are lovely too" Miya spoke as she looked at what William was wearing. His clothes, just like his sons', were simple but elegant. They were wearing black colors to represent the black birds titles that was given to each member of the Ashwood family. A few minutes after, Daniel and his older brother Daimen Ashwood got out also ready to go.

Followed by their servants, the Ashwood made their way to the stadium where the duels would be taking place. William Ashwood remembered his old days where he had a chance of winning. Now it was impossible because he would be facing younger opponents with more stamina and speed and though William had more experience than any of them, his sword skills were rusty.

Daniel smiled as they reached the arena. This was the first time he felt happy for being here, on this dangerous and cursed place. Of course his meeting with Evelyn wasn't bad amd the girl was good and fun to hang around with but he knew that their friendship wouldn't last long. Afterall, Daniel is from the North and will leave once these events end and Evelyn is one of Lady Miranda's girls who will never leave this place. Daimen Ashwood put a hand on his younger brother's right shoulder, interrupting his thoughts. "Wanna bet on who wins and loses?" he asks and Daniel grins "Oh you want to gamble brother? I usually win!" he said. Daimen, however shook his head and whispers in his right ear "Only because I let you" he winked leaving Daniel speechless.

They were outside of the stadium, ready to enter. They saw a man, Lord Jasper Arryn trying to enter before anyone else could. Daniel sighed once his eyes landed on the disgraceful human being. Daimen said on a low tone so no one else could hear "Be nice. That man is no joke" he advertised. Daniel nodded "I know..."

(Open for interaction)

Miranda

Mistress of Whispers

Miranda actually contemplated on whether or not going to the tourney pit would be a good idea since it has poured nonstop up until now since earlier that morning. And she's isn't even fond of the melee. Men would just be whacking each other with their blunt weapons while attempting to unseat everyone from their horses. For her, melee is not exactly an assured game, no matter how much you calculate and weigh your chances. Men just needed a luck of delivering one good and well-aimed blow to win. In this case, a lot since a lot of men are idiot enough to join the game just to compete in winning the glory and prize. But then again, the small council was invited to the King's box, to watch the melee along with the royal family and the celebrated couple. It would be rude to turn down the invitation. With a slight annoyance, she ready for the day.

It was Lia, like usual, who picked her dress for that morning. A black and white gossamer halter gown that exposes everything yet at the same time, revealing nothing. It has a plunging neckline, deep enough to see the top of her breasts and nothing else. The black coat made of light material covers her bare back and arms. It also shields her from the cold raindrops that continues to fall from the gray sky. After reminding Lia and her other girls' about their chores and task, Miranda finally went out.
-
Miranda made it to the entryway of the tourney ground, her coat was slightly damp by the slight drizzle of rain. Despite of the annoying rain, the ambiance of the crowd is mixed with anticipation and glee. Gamblers are betting left and right, some spectators are sizing up the competitors. Trying to take a good gander at the men wearing armors and swishing their blunt weapons, weighing the thing that will protect them from others and will ensure them their victory. While others are petting their horses, trying to keep them calm. Typically, when the weather is nice and sunny, the pit is nothing but dirt and dust but with the nonstop rain earlier, the pit is all mushy with mud. Even with a skilled rider, the ground will be too soft and slippery.

Half way to the tourney grounds, Miranda happen to see an unlikely sight. Of course, Miranda already knew it once as soon as an unfamiliar sail docked at the harbor. A man tending his own boat saw the platinum haired blond man and out of the goodness of his heart (and with a hope that he'll be rewarded), he slipped out of the harbor and went towards Miranda's brothel in Silk street, carrying news about the unfamiliar man who resembles the royal family. Oh, the man is definitely familiar to her. Miranda had a pleasure of seeing him once during her travels in Volantis for a 'business'. Viserys Blackfyre. The Bull Elephant. One of the triarchs of Volantis. An accomplished man. Striking and regal looking. A handsome man for his age with an air of sophistication surrounding him. A man with a reputation.

"Raise the standards higher," Miranda heard the man barked at his servants that carries his banner. Ah. Another man who values his name more than anything, she thought. The Hand never told the small council about the arrival of the Bull Elephant. It was odd, but not wanting to leave the Triarch alone and feel left out, Miranda stepped forward and did her job.

"Yes, my Lord. That man is indeed the Lord Hand Aenar Velaryon." Miranda replied, answering him out of the sudden. "Forgive me for my intrusion, my Lord. I am Miranda." She bowed curtly before looking back at him, a small sweet smile was curve on her pink lips. "In behalf of the Royal Crown and the Small Council of King Maegor, welcome, Triarch of Volantis in King's Landing."
TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt

[FONT= 'Courier New']Vaella Targaryen[/FONT]
divider01.gif

As Nymeria strode towards her, Vaella prepared for a simple gesture of greeting, a handshake perhaps, and was ready to offer up a curtsy or something of her own to show the respect that she held for the Dornish woman. However, she was pleasantly surprised when Nymeria embraced her, and gladly returned the motion herself; an affectionate girl by natur, particularly with family, hugs and kisses were not something that Vaella feared. In fact, she actively enjoyed them.

"No need to apologise, Nymeria, it's quite alright," The woman laughed. The dark haired woman's name slipped out quite by accident, Vaella would usually address her as 'my lady', but the informal greeting had thrown her off somewhat. Hopefully it would not turn out to be something that Nymeria would be easily offended by. Some people cared very little for titles, yet as Vaella had come to find, others were adamant that they should be referred to only by their proper titles and could become very irritable should they not be. Fortunately Nymeria did not strike her as such a person.

"Don't be so modest, uncle," Vaella teased as she moved to stand beside them, taking care not to block their view of the field too much. "At any rate, I am quite certain you have a much better understanding than I do." She laughed again, a soft noise that, along with her sweet smile and relaxed body language, showed that she was perfectly at ease. Curious, she turned to peer down at the field herself, intrigued even though she didn't know all that much about the melee. For some, a lack of knowledge would lead to boredom and disinterest, but for Vaella it merely engaged her interest.

"But uncle, heroes or valiant knights and soldiers or sailors are not mutually exclusive, surely. A soldier can be a hero. Anybody can be a hero!" As she spoke the end of her statement, Vaella gestured around them to the others who were also seated or stood in the box. It was unclear whether she was trying to be clever, teasing, or just having a moment of sweetness. "Even if it's likely that one of the Lannisters will win, we won't know for sure until it's all over, will we? Perhaps Lewyn will come out on top after all," With that she reached over to give Nymeria's hand a friendly squeeze as she smiled. She appeared to be done with talking, either waiting for a response or for the melee to start as that itself would probably captivate her attention, albeit only for a few minutes before she grew tired of watching.

Akio Akio Hypnos Hypnos

The Tourney Grounds - King's Landing

Viserys Blackfyre - True King of Westeros

The feminine voice that suddenly spiked at his side caused for momentary alarm, though Viserys' body did not betray him and reveal such weakness. His Tiger Cloaks and other accompaniments were close, but not so tightly packed to prevent outsiders such as this woman from getting within assassination range. The piercing purple eyes of the Triarch scanned the woman and in a second absorbed her being, scrutinizing it intensely. There wasn't a freckle or dimple of her revealed flesh that went unseen, the bosom of hers pushing upwards from the gown - of which he had to peer downwards from atop his horse to view, drew his attention for an instant before other matters were called into inspection. Her face. Her perfume, make up and jewelry. Anything that would hint of the woman's origins and her status, how she spoke and her mannerisms. The Bull Elephant was a capable man when it came to reading body language, proficient enough in sending any signal he wanted in heated speeches, to confuse or arouse specific emotions from his opposition. Such skills made him particularly adept in understanding people off their appearances as well, as someone who constantly drew attention to one strength or purposefully exposed a frailty, only to later shatter it with a mighty hammer and make himself out to be invincible. A deceitful man such as himself was always looking for these tells and once he was satisfied that he thoroughly looked over this woman's body, he smiled. She had finished speaking a moment ago and offered him one in return. His nose crinkled as he spoke, the voice refined and holding only the barest bits of an Essosi accent. It would be easy to convince someone this man spent time in Dorne or perhaps the estranged parts of the Reach. "Lady Miranda," Viserys greeted, warmth and a familial feeling crowding his words. He didn't know who this Miranda was, but her choice of wording hinted at a grand status. It wasn't a typical behavior for a wife of a middling lord - which at first glance, even Viserys might assume she was, to welcome a Triarch on the King's behalf, nay, the Small Council's. Consisting of the most shrewd and capable men Westeros had to offer. Another hint of her origins was the fact this Miranda knew of Viserys, while a man of great standing in Essos. . He doubted many a Middling Lord, maybe even some greater such as Stark or Greyjoy, Tyrell and their ilk would be able to recognize him by standard and sight alone. 'She has the authority to greet me on the Small Council and King's behalf and is able to recognize myself in an instant, I have not tallied here long. Could she be a mistress to the king himself? Maybe of his brother or one of his children?' A favorite bed warmer who earned the trust of those around her and was ingrained in the upper crust of society. . Not entirely unheard of, still. . Viserys wouldn't rush to any hasty conclusions. "I do not believe we've met before, Lady Miranda." Viserys finished after the moment of silence, the amicable tone present still.

The Bull Elephant turned to one of the Tiger Cloaks and spoke a word cruelly in his native Valyrian, "Equum in stabulo. Aquam pabulumque proprie." The words came out impossibly fast and the Tiger Cloak specified by Viserys rushed to the task. Leaning on the stirrups heavily, the blond man dismounted, letting the Wyvenr-leather boots cake themselves in the light muddying from his position. "You are aware of who I am, Viserys Blackfyre, Triarch of Volantis." He said with great pride. He was a man who came from bastards - not even counting the Blackfyre legitimacy crisis of two centuries prior. His grandfather was a bastard, his great grandfather was a bastard, and so on and so forth up until the first Daemon Blackfyre. A bastard branch of a bastard house, fate had taken a large shit on his ancestors. It was a stroke of fortune that his own grandfather was able to land in Volantis and secure Viserys' father and himself a suitable future. For that, he was ever grateful to the man he never met. The moniker 'Bull Elephant' he adored as well, a testament to his success in life, beyond just coasting on achievements of the last generation. "I would be amiss to not make the formal acquaintance of such a striking woman. Do me the courtesy, Lady Miranda."

diwa diwa

Latin Translation (Stand in for Valyrian) - Get the horse to a stable. Fodder and water it properly

Rodger Arryn
Outside the Arryn Box, Travelling to Baratheon Box, Kings Landing

Finally, the tourney had arrived, and Rodger finally had a chance to nail down where Jasper was going to be, since his man-whore of a brother had been purposefully avoiding him since they got here, starting with literally leaping out of the carriage as soon as they were inside the Dragon Gate. It'd only been a niggling at the back of his head that maybe leaping out after him wouldn't be the best show for House Arryn that kept him from chasing his brother down. It'd certainly present a divided front, and there'd be no telling who the Gate Commander would then tell, who would then tell someone else, and so on until Rodger running after his Lord Paramount brother was the talk of the town. And that wouldn't do anyone any good. So no, instead he'd resolved to track Jasper down at a later date, to keep an eye on him. Back in the Eyrie, Jasper's... behaviour was less of a worry, since the Arryns were the most powerful family around. But here, the Arryns had equals, and even betters in the form of the Targaryens.

But instead of that, Jasper had somehow managed to evade Rodger for the entire stay. But that was about to come to an end, there was an Arryn Box where all the Arryn family would be. Rodger strode through the rain, dogged and determined. Mud had started to form in the rain, so Rodger's route wound around them. Around him, various small clusters of nobles walked their own paths to the Lower Noble Stands, parting around him at the sight of the symbol of House Arryn on his chest and a stern look. He at least could carry himself with enough dignity and noble bearing to get people to get out of his path, which was reassuring. Once he got to his Box, he'd finally be able to start anew in keeping track of Jasper's whereabouts. Rodger skipped lightly over a small puddle of mud and strode through into the box. Now he'd have the-

...Oh. Jasper wasn't here. Why wasn't his brother here? Rodger froze in the doorway, utterly motionless for just a second as he processed the situation and came up with an answer. Jasper is out harassing the other stands, or more accurately their women. Well, trying to at least. Even Jasper could only get so far when faced with stern door guards. Rodger grimaced at the thought of Jasper loose in another family's box, and backed out of the Arryn Box. The comforts of the box could wait. Over the time, he'd heard word of Jasper seeing Ivana Baratheon, Nymeria Martell, and Miranda the Mistress of Whispers. He could only imagine the horrors that could ensue if that last one went especially badly. The thought sped Rodger on his way. To the King's Box, but the Baratheon Box was on the way, so he'd stop in there first, to see if Jasper was there, schmoozing with Ivana or her sister, whose name escaped him at the moment.

Lysa Fucking Baratheon
Baratheon Box, Kings Landing

Lysa smiled wider at Ivana's reply, chuckling lightly. She covered her smile with her book, and leaned a little farther back in the chair, a little embarrassed. She was about to collect herself and say something sincere and heartfelt, but Ivana spoke first. Fair enough, Lysa had hidden her mouth from Ivana's view with a book. She didn't really think much of Kings Landing. It was certainly large, but that wasn't necessarily a good quality. It stank, and she disliked the constant press of people, even if they were obviously well-practised in clearing out of the way of important figures, and she hated the noise. Certainly, specific parts of Kings Landing were impressive, and the Red Keep was indeed nothing to sco-

Lysa's train of thought was broken as Ivana stepped in a little closer and asked another question. She hadn't really met any lords. None of them felt like approaching the lady both taller and broader in the shoulders than them, and she didn't particularly care for any of them. She started to open her mouth to say as much when she was beaten to it yet again by Ivana. A question about marriage? It'd been months since she'd been asked that. It'd also been months since she'd thought about it, coincidentally. Marriage just wasn't a prospect that Lysa really thought about all that often; she'd much rather spend her time looking through the library at Storm's End or something. She pulled the book away from her face and lowered it, smile now a thoughtful pout. She felt Ivana's hand grasp hers, and twisted it around to return the grip, lightly. "I think I would if the marriage was good for the House, and my hypothetical husband didn't mistreat me. That's all I could really ask for, since a marriage for love... isn't going to happen." she said, finally. In an ideal world, she wouldn't need to get married, and could just be left to herself and her family, but that would never happen. No, marriage was a necessary fact of life for a female scion of a Great House, it was just a matter of when and to whom.

ailurophile ailurophile

Nymeria didn't say anything at first, Aenars mention of the Greyjoys rattled her for a moment before she realized it was not meant as an insult, but almost as a reminder. In truth she knew little and less about the Greyjoys and while Dalton had given no good impressions of the Greyjoy house, except at the end where she had to admit to herself he had been willing to admit he was wrong, even if he ignored her entirely. Since according to her Grandfather the Greyjoys were sharing a box with them, perhaps she would have a chance to meet them, and then she would not forget Aenars words, and she also silently forgave Dalton at the Hands words, she supposed she owed it to herself not to make quick judgement when the hand of the king spoke so highly of them.

Nymeria smiled as Vaella returned her greeting in the way she hoped, tightly hugging her back before Nymeria pulled back eventually, looking the woman up and down. Naturally she didn't mind Vaella using his name and even approved of it. It would only do her good to befriend the Targaryen princess and as she greeted her so warmly she could see she was off to a good start. "Why you look stunning my lady, at this point your overshadowing me, i might not get any attention." She teased as she slaughtered back to the edge of the box, leaning against the edge near Vaella.

She turned her attention back to the hand, her eyes alight with amusement and life. "I have to agree with Lady Vaella on this matter. Who could we call our heros then the soldiers who have fought and bleed for our kingdom? The soldiers and sailors who fought for Westeros or no less of a hero then my cousin, perhaps more so as well. Im sure my cousin would agree as well if he were here as well. If one of your men take the crown he would be a noble man indeed, though naturally i must still support my cousin, its expected of me after all." He said with a wide smile, showing off a little bit of her perfect teeth. As Vaella squeezed her hand she returned the squeeze tightly, before looking back down at her cousin with evident fondness. "Still my cousin always tends to try to hard, I know he will aim for nothing but champion. So ill cheer for him, maybe you'll like to cheer with me as well Vaella, unless you have a champion i don't know about." She said, turning her smoky gaze to Vaella with a conspirators grin, cheekily teasing the older princess as she lightly ran her fingers through hers from their linked hands.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cayden nodded in asset at that, he knew the confusion of the melee field better then most, when he was younger he himself was quite the fine fighter after all, and had won his fair share of melees, but like most fighters despite his skill back then he had gotten flattened quite frequently as well. "Indeed, I could hardly be called a stranger to the melee." He said reaching for his own glass of wine mixed with a fortifying mixture his Maester had prepared for today, wanting to remain strong for today. "I can understand its call but I also know in the many ways the fields can sweep in ones favor. Still... I know my grandson will aim for the top as he always has. I only hope he watches himself, there are many in this arena who could contest him and he will need to be in top shape for what is to come." He said as he took the glass and took a small sip, looking out on the field below.

"While im used to the sun of Dorne, i have sailed through more then some storm, and i find the brisk wind of the bay fortifying for me and a reminder. This type of weather isnt bad at all. Though I wish Nymeria had worn more the weather as you say, she could get sick if shes not careful." He said as he watched her, he was unaware when she found the time to get so close the kings oldest daughter but he had little complaints, though he hoped her methods were more pure this time as it would be hard to explain away to the lord hand if he found out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aegon naturally had no idea of what Garth was thinking about him and after his wife greeted him and he continued on his way it didn't take long to run into the Greyjoys and within moments Isla had invited them to walk to the kingsbox with him, though she turned to asked him about it following which kepts back most of his annoyance as he smiled and nodded. "Yes, we would love to have you join us my lords." He said, echoing his wifes sentiment and soon began his walk back to the box, letting the Greyjoys and his wife follow him. He wondered how the melee was shaping up, he had heard many of the names that were supposed to be entering but he was interested to see the field itself.

It didn't take him long to reach the royal box, many were already here. The Martells had shown up in full force, both the aged ruler of Dorne was talking to Aeylx, something that made him somewhat nervous and Nymeria was conversing with the Hand and he knew Caydens Grandson would be the field. Much of his family was there as well and he was pleased to see Vaella was near the front, though strangely holding hands with the dornish woman which confused him but Vaella had always been affectionate so he ignored it. He turned to scan the rest of the room when suddenly something caught his eye so much so that it made him do a double take, looking at Vaella then this unknown girl in pure shock. The girl was beautiful, with large doe eyes, a lilth figure, and the platinum blond hair that was common to those of Targaryen blood, revealing her to be family of some form. But what shook him is the girl looked much like Vaella had many years ago.

Visibly shaken slightly, he went through the effort of controlling himself and then regaining his composer he looked at the Greyjoys and his wife with a smile. "Thank you for walking with me my lords and ladies, but I should now do my duty and great the rest of my family. I don't see them often enough." He said before turning to his wife and stepping forward, tilting her chin up so he could kiss her gently, little more then a peck but it serves his purpose. "Ill be back to you soon my lady wife." He said before turning and walking towards his cousin Daenna and what he figured might be her daughter by how close she sat next to her, coming close as he wanted to figure out who this girl was. "Greetings my lady." He said, smiling kindly as he put on his face for dealing with his family though some real curiosity showed as well, as he moved to figure out who the young girl was in front of him.

[FONT= 'Courier New']Ivana Baratheon[/FONT]
divider01.gif

It didn't occur to Ivana that she should allow Lysa time to reply before firing another question or two at her, and by the time she finally began to wonder about it it was already too late. She listened carefully to her sister's response and appeared to be considering this information before a smile spread across her lips.

"Funny. That's almost exactly what Isla said to me when I asked her," She admitted, releasing Lysa's hand and trotting back off again to her original standing space, returning to peering down at the field as she mulled over her thoughts. For once, Ivana decided to think of things from a more serious, less personal standpoint. After all, she was the head of house Baratheon as well as Lysa's sister and sometimes she had to consider things that would benefit her house rather than please herself as a person. Forcing Lysa into an unhappy marriage wasn't something that she was all that prepared to do, however a marriage that was beneficial to the house? Well, that's what was expected of women such a shame themselves, surely. Perhaps Ivana herself should be married.

A soft cough broke the young woman from her thoughts and she turned to face the entrance to the box, where she was met with the sight of the guard who was positioned outside. Curious but also a little irritated that she had been interrupted, she strode towards him and exchanged a few short words in hushed tones. After a moment she glanced back at Lysa and smiled.

"Dear sister, excuse me for a moment; it appears we have company!" With that she slipped past the guard and stepped out of the box. Ah, there he was, Jasper Arryn; the two of them had been briefly acquainted. Well, perhaps more than just that, he had been in her chambers after all and they had shared a drink. Nothing more, surely. She certainly had not been expecting the man to be stood outside the Baratheon box, claiming that she would let him in. Just because if that she had half a mind to turn him away, her immaturity almost getting the better of her.

"My lord Arryn, what a pleasant surprise. Do come and join us, we would love your company." The woman didn't wait for a response, simply smiled, spun on her heel, and strode back into the box. "Lord Arryn, my sister Lysa. Lysa, this is Lord Arryn. Make yourself comfortable my lord, we have plenty of room." As she sat down she gestured around them; there was quite a lot of empty space, the box was built for a much larger group.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi Hypnos Hypnos

[FONT= 'Courier New']Visenya Celtigar[/FONT]
divider01.gif

So many different types of people were inside the box alongside Visenya, and it was curious to think that it was only the King's box she was seeing so far; surely with all of the other boxes, the variety would be even more extreme. Royal weddings attracted important people from all corners of the world, and this wedding was no exception. There were members of her family there, people she was related to and yet some she barely knew. Her main guide to the unfamiliar faces was her mother, and yet even Daena had gaps in her knowledge.

Used to essentially being her mother's shadow, Visenya had not expected to be approached during the melee, and certainly not so quickly. The other surprise was who she had been approached by, for as she looked up she pieced together the few snippets of description that her mother had given her and came to the conclusion that the man was one of Maegor's sons. As he had entered later with a dark haired woman, Visenya decided to go out on a limb and guess that he was probably Aegon Targaryen, though she didn't dare use his name in case she had gotten it wrong. How embarrassing that would be, to use the wrong name when speaking to a prince.

Instinctively Visenya looked over her shoulder, seeking her mother's comfort and guidance, and had a momentary panic when she realised that Daena was still busy and wouldn't be helping her. She turned back to Aegon and offered up an uncertain curtsy to be polite.

"Greetings, m-my lord," She managed to get the words out, clearing her throat softly after her words and attempting to calm herself down. It would be alright, she wasn't a child, she could handle speaking to somebody. He was just a man, maybe not even quite a man, probably not all that much older than her. This was something that she could handle. Aegon's warm smile put her a little more at ease and she returned it with a much more timid and gentle smile of her own. "My name is Visenya," She added, moving her thick hair away from the eye that it was partially obscuring. There wasn't no reason for her to expect that he would automatically know who she was, so there was no point in waiting to see if he called her by her name or asked for it, it was faster just to say it. "It's a pleasure to meet you." Several statements, she had managed several statements, and she was only beginning to blush a little. She could do this without her mother, it was just a brief conversation, he was just being polite and greeting everybody.

Akio Akio

Daeron Targaryen
Royal Box, Kings Landing

Daeron had been listening quietly to other people's conversations, half-noting their thoughts on the melee and generally being an eavesdropper. A lot of people would and did overlook him, the quiet little Master of Laws. It was hard to blame them, though. Daeron hadn't ever been one for the kind of idle speculation and chatter that was currently going around, and he'd been in Kings Landing as the Master of Laws for more than long enough for people to understand that. And that was what the conversation topics were, currently. It may hide behind many masks but make no mistake, idle chatter was insidious and crept its way into many an otherwise-good conversation.

A warm female voice intruded on Daeron's reverie, calling him father. Instantly, his sour demeanour brightened, and turned to give his dear, beautiful, wonderful, intelligent daughter Daena a warm smile. He was always glad to see one of his children, and always eager to know more about his grandchildren. "The same, Daena, the same. It's always good to see one of my daughters, still beautiful as always." he said, sincerely, before turning his attention to the children at her side. Child. Just Gaemon was by her side. "And what's this? My grandson Gaemon, how you've grown! You'll be a big, strong knight when you grow up, I'm sure." Gaemon smiled and bobbed his head happily at the praise, and Daeron moved along to pinpoint Visenya. She was... ah, there, talking to Aegon. Probably closer to 'being talked to by Aegon' if she was anything like she was before. It was an odd choice, talking to his... more distant relation. Aegon seemed to usually hang around Maegor's brood. The young man was probably just feeling adventurous. Something was a tiny bit off with how Aegon looked at her, so there was likely a tiny bit more to it. Daeron frowned, then immediately stopped it. No, he was talking to his family, he should focus on that.

ailurophile ailurophile Mentioned: Akio Akio

Aenar Velaryon
Royal Box, King’s Landing​

Despite himself, Aenar couldn’t help but smile at their words, the current generation was young and foolish, and years of peace and prosperity under the careful guidance of King Maegor had bred a great deal of naivety in regards to warfare and conflict. Vaella wouldn’t have been a babe last time war had struck Westeros and Nymeria was younger still, they had not learned what is meant to be a soldier, nor, hopefully, would they ever have to. Though that would be up to his successor. Aenar was old, older than he’d like to admit and whilst he’d like to think himself still spry enough in both body and mind to continue his service to the crown to aid in the rule of King Aegor when the time finally came for him to ascend to his father’s throne, he still had enough sense about him to know that was not the case. Maegor was dying and so too was the usefulness of his Hand.

“You’re right of course, any soldier can rise to become a hero, though I’m afraid a warrior’s life is seldom as glamorous as it is portrayed in the songs and fables.” Aenar tried to keep the conversation light hearted, it was a celebration after all and he wouldn’t want to take away from the merriment by going on a long tirade regarding the distinction between a soldier and a hero as he may have done if he were with different company. Many of the men under the crown’s employ had performed actions valiant enough that they might be considered heros, and a few could even match the skill of Ser Arthur Dayne or Ser Barristan the Bold though it would always be the latter who would be remembered. Aenar’s father had always said that the difference between himself and the likes of Ser Aemon the Dragonknight had naught to do with prowess but rather which of them the bards would sing about in the centuries to come. Somewhat of an ironic statement considering the ‘Blue Prince’ could now be considered a figure worthy of ballads in his own right. History looked kindly upon Ser Baelon Velaryon despite his many faults and hopefully it would give Aenar the same courtesy. Perhaps in many years the Princes and Princess of the future would dance to the tune of ‘King Maegor the Magnificent and his loyal Hand’, the thought brought a sincerity to Aenar’s smile that had not previously been present.

“I am sure Ser Lewyn will give us a fine spectacle, he’s after all a…” Aenar’s train of thought was abruptly cut short, his eyes shifting away from the melee pit and instead onto the stands around it, meeting the curious gaze of a man whose violet eyes matched the Hand’s own. Under normal circumstances the Hand would not give the man so much as a second thought, violet eyes were common in the Free Cities, as was the platinum hair that made the man’s resemblance to the royal family even more striking, however there was something else about the mysterious stranger that made Aenar draw pause. His standard: The Black dragon of House Blackfyre.

The Lord of Tides was not completely unaware of the continuation of the Blackfyre line within the city of Volantis, though the fact had not crossed his mind for many years. The last time they had been brought to his attention had been nearly six years ago when King Maegor was still well enough to hold council. After all this time Aenar still remembered the many heated arguments between his grace and the small council regarding what action should be taken to prevent a Sixth Blackfyre Rebellion from ravaging Westeros. In the end of course, nothing was done: Maegor Targaryen was slow to anger and quick to forgive and he would not have the blood of an innocent upon his hands, Viserys Blackfyre had done nothing to wrong him, and showed none of his family’s previous ambitions towards the throne of Westeros. Such inactivity was mistake in Aenar’s opinion but he was never one to question Maegor’s judgement.

How times had changed since then. Maegor was now on his deathbed and the Lords of Westeros had grown complacent after years of peace. Perhaps that was what the Blackfyres had been waiting for: a chance to strike while the Seven Kingdoms were at their weakest. A foreign leader inviting himself to a private wedding would be be cause whose entire identity revolved around their attempts to murder the groom’s family. “My Princess, Lady Caron” Aenar paused for a moment, his eyes still fixed upon the Volnatine and his party, “if you would excuse me for a moment, I… I’m afraid I’ve got some business to attend to” Aenar stood, his brow furrowed, whilst he would like nothing more than to drag the Blackfyre away from the field so he could interrogate him about his appearance he knew that it would be unseemly of him. He had a duty to do, and it would not do well for him to abandon courtesy. He sighed, moving away from the two woman and towards the entrance of the box, making sure he was in clear view of all those in the stands.

“Esteemed guests of His Grace King Maegor Targaryen, Second of his name, King of the Andals, Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.” He was forced to yell in order to draw the attention of those before him, the stand were filled with a large enough assortment of lords, ladies and knights that their combined voiced may have silenced a normal old man, but Aenar had a lot of experiance with shouting to get his point across. “We are gathered here on this day to celebrate the future union of his Royal Highness Prince Aegon Targaryen and her Ladyship Isla Baratheon of Storm’s End. Today we mark the beginning of that celebration with a spectacle, a display of martial prowess from some of the finest knights the Seven Kingdoms have to offer.” Aenar had never been much of a showman, and in truth he would rather leave the introductions to someone more qualified but with Maegor absent it fell upon his shoulders to play the host to all those present. “So I am sure you will join me in offering applause to the knights of Westeros! May the best man win!”

No sooner had he heard the crowds reply did Aenar remove himself from the forefront of the Royal Box, forgoing a prolonged introduction in favour of allowing the melee to commence. Whilst he would have loved to stay and watch, the Blackfyre took precedence and he would rather contain the situation quickly than allow rumours of the black dragon’s return to spread to some of the more openly treacherous lords.

“Ser Alliser! With me.” With Ser Albert participating in the melee and Ser Manfred watching over his grace, there was no man that Aenar trusted more with the protection of the royal family than Ser Alliser Hasty, a loyal man and renowned warrior. Aenar opened the gate of the King’s box, allowing the Kingsguard knight to follow him outside, “I would have the King’s guards doubled.” he said when they were finally out of earshot. “Tripled if possible. Take my men with you if you would. I want to ensure that his grace is under constant surveillance. Make sure no one gets into his chambers. Understood?” He waited for the man’s response before turning to face his quarry.

The Lord Hand strode purposely towards the Volantine party making sure to mask his immediate irritation with all the courtesy he could muster. He didn’t know what the Blackfyre’s reason was for being in the city, but he would make sure that whatever it was his stay would remain as brief as and as uneventful as possible. Volantis could prove to be a fierce foe so he was going to have to use tact if he wanted their meeting to remain civil.

So caught up in his own thoughts, Aenar was only partially aware of the fact that he was walking towards a possible threat without even the slightest of guard or protection. Whilst the Triarch of Volantis would be surrounded by his cronies and henchmen, the Lord of Tides was noticably bare, a bold move, or perhaps a foolish one.

“Viserys Blackfyre, I don’t believe we’ve met in person.”

Akio Akio ailurophile ailurophile TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt diwa diwa

Walder and Elia Tyrell
Tyrell's Box, King’s Landing​

Walder and Elia made their way to the stadium. The daughter of Matthos Tyrell had asked for her brother to participate in the melee which was about to start but he had declined the opportunity. Yes it would be a great way to prove how good he was but Walder didn't want everyone to watch his fighting style and, his truly main reason, he didn't want to lose and be humiliated in front of everyone important on this cursed country. Elia had brought a beautiful yellow dress with a padern of roses imprinted on it. Walder, so he could match his sister, was using the very same padern. They were loving their trip to King's Landing. Sure they had the Lannisters who neither of the siblings had a spot for them on their soft heart but most of the common folk were nice. Of course the gardens of Red Keep were nothing compared to the ones on Highgarden.

Walder and Elia finally reached the stadium and walked towards their own private box where they would watch the duels between Westeros' amazing fighters. When they reached their space, they saw a face who they were already half expecting to meet at one point or another. Walder looked at his older brother, Axell Tyrell. Walder looked at his sibling, not showing alot of affection. In fact he was kinda hoping he wouldn't find him there. Elia noticed the tension and the awkward atmosphere that was setting in and decided to change it. She gave her best smile and approached Axell opening her arms "Brother! What a pleasure finding you here" she said as she hug her oldest brother. She then kissed him gently on the cheek and moved back. She then gave a glare to Walder silently ordering him to be nice and kind. Walder stretched his hand and shook his brother's and with a little smile he said "Hello Axell, aren't you going to participate in this amazing event?" he asked.
Yarrow Yarrow

Jasper Arryn
Baratheon Box, King’s Landing​

Smirking confidently at the guard who had denied him entrance, Jasper followed Ivana inside, wasting little time in making himself comfortable in the spacious and empty area that made up the Baratheon box. It was clear from first sight that the room had been designed for a larger amount of people than House Baratheon could provide, and Jasper was slightly curious as to the purpose of giving their house an entire box to themselves, would it not be more fitting to have them lodge with the Targaryens since their houses were to be joined in matrimony? Not that Jasper minded. Giving the Baratheons an entire box would allow him more space to work his charm and perhaps the comparative privacy would let his meeting with the two Baratheon women become a bit more intimate than would have otherwise been possible.

“Thank you my Lady, I fear it was getting very lonely in the Arryn box all by my lonesome. I’m afraid I don’t have people as lovely as your Lysa to keep me company.” Jasper bowed a low bow, using the opportunity to eye the younger Baratheon girl up and down. She was pretty like her sister, if to a lesser extent and Jasper wouldn’t mind becoming more acquainted with her, especially if looks wasn’t where the resemblance stopped. One malleable Baratheon fool was a wondrous thing, but two was even better than he could have hoped for. I wonder how close these sisters really are, Jasper thought to himself with a sly grin, perhaps Ivana won't be alone in warming my bed…

“Lady Lysa, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Jasper’s smile only grew larger as Ivana Baratheon continued to use his proper title, the Lord of the Vale reaching out one hand to affectionately rub the shoulder of the younger Baratheon girl, she reminded him of his own sibling in a strange sort of way. Rodger was a good lad, but he was naive regarding politics and struggles of the realm and didn’t seem to have the same mental, nor martial capabilities as Jasper did at that age.

“I thought it would be nice for us to catch up again Lady Ivana, after our previous meeting, I felt like we bonded greatly over our shared experience.” In truth Jasper’s memory of their previous encounter was hazy at best, he remembered offering her some wine and entering her bed chamber but everything after that was a bit fuzzy. Most likely she had got drunk and politely asked him to leave, Jasper pitied those who were poor with their drinks, he himself took his alcohol very well and he couldn’t remember a single occasion where drink had addled his mind. Speaking of drinks.

“My Lady, I brought you a gift.” From his cloak Jasper pulled a small bottle of liquid, handing it to the Baratheon Lady. “A fine white wine from the Vale, I thought you’d enjoy it.”

ailurophile ailurophile

Talia Bolton
Lady of the Dreadfort

Talia made her way through the throngs of commoners that had gathered for the melee. Four Bolton men at arms surrounded her in a square formation, sworn to defend the lady to their deaths. Talia was wearing a beautiful Red and blue dress embroiled with the Bolton flayed man sigil on her her chest. Talia was making her up to the Stark box, after all her aunt was the lady of Winterfell and Talia didn't care much for sitting with the common folk, she saw herself as two proud and powerful to sit with "No names". Talia looked around at all the other great houses, peering curiously at the Tyrell box where she spotted the lord, Axell Tyrell, along with a two other Tyrell's who she didnt recognise. "Give me a kiss m'lady" Talia's attention was suddenly drawn to a filthy looking man, missing several teeth who had jumped out in front of her guard, he was giggling as if he had been put up to the task of asking a high born for a kiss by his friends "And i'll give you my cock!" The man yelled, a mixture of shock and muffled laughter erupted around Talia and her guard. Ronald, the captain of the Bolton guard, turned to look at Talia, she gave him a small nod. Ronald swiftly walked up to the man giving him a brutal uppercut to the chin causing the man to collapse onto the ground, Ronald proceeded to kick the man several times with his metal boots before the party continued forward, Talia stepping over the bruised and beaten man that had insulted her, smirking all the while to herself.​

The Ashwood
Stadium, King's Landing​

The Ashwood were going to sit ready to watch the stadium, but Miya Ashwood quickly noticed the presence of the second most powerful House of the North, House Bolton. Talia Bolton was there guarded by four lethal soldiers. One idiot tried his luck and got hit in his chin landing on the ground. Lucky that he didn't get killed Miya thought with a little sigh. She touched her husband's arm and spoke "Will, the daughter of Lord Bolton is there. We need to be respectful" William, who was talking with his daughters and laughing with them, looked at his wife with a sigh, his smiling fading away "The North is huge... if we have to greet every single house we will never get out of there" he said. Lady Ashwood glared the man and said "Come on be nice. Kids lets go" she said and got up. Lord Ashwood sighed and did the same. Followed by Miya, the Ashwood made their way to the Bolton squad. After the rich family passed the crowd the Ashwood stepped in front of the guards and all of them bowed. "My Lady" they all said synchronized.

William never liked the Boltons, who were always greedy and arrogant. However, even the Black Crow needed to surrender to them as their House would erase his own if they were to ever be opponents. Luckly for him and his family, the warden of the North was a Stark, who were more humble and friendly. The family raised their heads and smiled "Didn't know you liked this type of event my Lady" Daimen spoke, trying to be nice like his mother told him to. The Ashwood kids were taught to not trust the Boltons easily and even the not so smart Daniel knew how dangerous they could be. Catherine and Isabella stood behind. They could have girly talks with Talia but none of the Lord Ashwood's daughters knew if Talia would like those type of conversations.

Asua Asua

Talia Bolton
Stadium, King's Landing

The Bolton party came to a halt as another Northern house approached them, the Ashwoods, a small and humble house from the North. Talia greeted the family with a courtsey and a quite charming smile, winking at all the male family members, save for Lord William Ashwood. Talia loved to rile up the boys of Northern houses, afterall she had been chased by them all her life, all of them vying for her favour. "My lord, my lady" Talia replied sweetly to the two head's of the Ashwood house, Talia was in a surprisingly good mood today, not a manipulative or cunning mood like usual. "Didn't know you liked this type of event my Lady" Daimen Ashwood spoke, he was a handsome man and the heir to the Ashwood house. "What's not to like my lord? Seeing the greatest fighters in Westeros battle... Will you be participating the Melee my lord?" Talia replied, biting her lip as she looked Daimen up and down. Then a thought crossed her mind, if he decided not to participate in the melee perhaps she could invite him to the Stark box as he guest? Talia didn't care about getting Stark permission first as she always knew how to talk her way in... and out of situations, she was infact, quite charming when she wanted to be and today she looked especially beautiful, her servants had seen to that, spending hours on end preparing her for the occasion.​
JPTheWarrior JPTheWarrior

The Ashwood
Stadium, King's Landing
William Ashwood almost raised an eyebrow when he heard Talia speaking. She sounded happy? Nothing compared to her father who always seemed grumpy. Daimen nodded as he listen to the daughter of Lord Bolton speak "Unfortunately, my skill with a weapon is not good enough. If I were to fight one of the warriors who are here today it wouldn't be entertaining for the crowd and for you my lady. The duel would be over in seconds, ending up with me losing" he explainned. The Ashwood had no words as they watched Daimen have a conversation with Talia Bolton, not showing any hints of fear or disgust. Daimen was smiling while he talked with her, the chill and kind smile every Ashwood learned to have.

She was beautiful, that everyone had to admit, but Daimen never really got nervous talking with a pretty face, unlike Daniel. Daimen thought for moments if he should talk about her beauty but he was worried that it would be too much. "Well I am afraid we are bothering you my Lady" he said "We will let you go" he said giving her another smile, never once looking away from her eyes. "We hope you enjoy your stay" he said as he gently grabbed her right hand and kissed the back of it "It was a pleasure meeting you." He finished. William was proud of his son as he never once expected him to handle the situation so well. They all waited for an answer from the Bolton girl.

Asua Asua

Last edited:
Talia Bolton
Stadium, King's Landing

Talia thought to herself for a moment before clasping her hands together and speaking "Why dont you all join me?" She started "...Up there" She nodded her head in the direction of the Stark box "We wouldn't want you sitting with the commoners after all" She finished speaking as she smiled at all the Ashwood's, everyone knew that Talia's aunt was the lady of Winterfell and this gave Talia special privileges that she never failed to use. Talia took a few steps forward, sticking out her head so that it was right next to Daimen's "And you can be my special guest" She whispered playfully before moving her head back and holding out her arm for Daimen to take. Talia quite enjoyed being playful with boys... and men even though it usually never led anywhere as Talia wasnt the type to commit to anything let alone a real person. Ronald, the captain of the guard, glanced at Talia briefly but decided to keep his mouth shut, She was the lord of the Dreadfort's daughter and that was all that mattered, he was there to protect her, not give his opinion on her... "Rowdiness".​

Miranda
Mistress of Whispers

The Triarch’s greetings didn’t matched the expression of his eyes. His voice is appealing and laced with warmth, but his eyes were dead and flat if not scrutinizing. His purple eyes, calculative stare and regal composure was known to be intimidating to some but Miranda held herself very well. After all, putting up a show is one of her job. Besides, he was not the first person she met that shares the same ambiance. There are plenty of people in King’s Landing who is just like him. Specially now since the wedding celebration draws out most of the High Lords and Ladies out of their home and in to the capital. Pompous and proud lords who thinks that they are above others.

Her eyes never left his, Miranda was already used to being judge and criticize, and she wasn’t going to let some politician faze her. After all, Viserys is still a bastard. A lucky bastard, apparently since he was born under the branch of the royal family. A lucky bastard just as she is a lucky whore. Their only difference is that his forefathers paved a way to be (somehow) fortunate in life whereas Miranda made the way for herself. Despite of this, she knew that he is a man who will do whatever it takes to keep that luck and prosperity within his family. Bastard or not, Viserys can be dangerous and a force to be reckon with.

Before she could answer, the man barked orders in his High Valyrian tongue. His tone was harsh but the Valyrian words had its own allure. "Equum in stabulo. Aquam pabulumque proprie." Miranda understood the words clearly yet she hinted none of her knowledge. She knew enough Valryian to do her job properly and very efficiently. Miranda flashed a tiny yet a beguiling smile to Viserys Blackfyre’s servants while they stirred around them before looking back at the proud Triarch, “I am just a humble servant of the crown, my Lord.” Miranda answered affably.

Suddenly, in the distance, the Lord Hand’s voice rang that made her look at the direction of the pit. There was a roar of the crowd. Finally, the melee officially started. After the Lord Hand’s introduction she looked back at the Triarch, “I am known to help the crown from time to time. And please, just call me Miranda, my Lord.” She added benignly. Miranda isn’t one to care for titles, it was people who assumed things and address her as ‘Lady’ just because of how she presents herself. Having people assumed who she is means she is doing her job perfectly well.

Viserys’ banners definitely caught the people’s eyes since unexpectedly, the Lord Hand himself came marching towards them, masking the slight annoyance and irritability only well enough for those who doesn’t know him.

“Viserys Blackfyre, I don’t believe we’ve met in person.”

There was no hostility in his voice but Miranda somehow knew that the Blackfyre is not exactly as welcome as she thought. “Lord Aenar,” Miranda greeted the Hand, bowing her head in the process.
Hypnos Hypnos TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt

The Ashwood
Stadium, King's Landing​

All of the Ashwood were surprised with Talia Bolton's invitation to the Stark's box. None of them knew if she could do that and William was sure not even Talia was fully certain if what she was offering was possible. Daimen was about to speak but Talia's whisper caught him off guard. Special guest? he thought for himself and came to the conclusion that it would be a great opportunity for their house to get closer with the two richest ones of the North. "Your offer is really kind. We ac-" Before the eldest son of Lord Ashwood finished, he was interrupted by William "We thank you for your offer my lady, but I don't think your father, aunt and uncle would enjoy our company very much" he said with a smile. As for the rest of the family they were a bit disappointed. Daniel could watch the fights closer if they were in the Stark's box. Catherine was the one who spoke "But father, it would be alright if it is an invitation don't you think? Plus, we already have some ties with House Stark and I am sure some of them wouldn't mind having us there" she said, her voice always honeyed, trying to convince her father to let them go.

Catherine was always like this, she was the smartest of William's kids and her gentle voice would make people do as she wished. Of course she didn't use it for bad things, but for something like having the biggest pie slice. William Ashwood looked at his eldest daughter and sighed looking back at Rogar's oldest kid. "If you don't mind me asking, are you sure your family won't mind my lady?" he asked, still doubtful. All of the kids smiled to each other, happy that their sister convinced their father to accept the offer. Miya Ashwood decided to stay silent. She obviously prefered the box, instead of being with the common folk, not because she disliked them, but because it would be more peaceful there.

Asua Asua

Talia Bolton
Stadium, Kings Landing

It was true, Rogar would not be happy sharing the Stark box with such a lowly Northern house but her Aunt, and Uncle by marriage, the Warden of the North would not mind, atleast Talia thought they wouldnt. To be honest, Talia didnt care who approved or not, her father would assume she was using them in some way as was her nature and she didnt really care what anyone else thought, she was doing a rare kindness to a less fortunate family then her own. Talia watched as Daimen Ashwood went to accept her offer only to be cut off by her father and almost as swiftly as his father cut him off, Catherine Ashwood seemed to chip in and convince the old Lord otherwise. Talia smirked at the sweet young girl before speaking "Nonsense" She started, clasping her hands together and flashing the family a big smile "They wont mind at all, we cant have such a proud Northern house sitting with the commoners" She spoke confidently, with no air of uncertainty in her voice. She wasnt being entirely truthful though, the Ashwoods were more humbler then proud and her invitation relied solely on her father not shutting it down when they reached the Stark box.

Ronald, the captain of the guard stood firm, not showing any emotion or doubt in his face. He was loyal to Talia but above all he was loyal to Rogar Bolton, his liege and the Lord of the Dreadfort. Personally, he didnt like how Talia was so playful with men, jumping from one to another to another without settling down, using them to aid in her petty ambitions, what could the Ashwoods possibly offer her? But it didnt matter, it wasnt his job to give his opinion, he would be loyal to her until the end, only wavering if her actions came into conflict with her fathers.​

The Ashwood
Stadium, King's Landing​

William Ashwood sighed still not totally convinced. He was sure her father would not like to have them there, but he couldn't say the same with House Stark. He looked at his family, who all wanted him to accept the invitation and he finally made his decision. "Very well then we accept your offer my lady" he said and everyone smiled. Catherine said "Thank you father" she grinned and looked at Daniel "Now we will see better the fights she said with a little smirk and Daniel chuckled "Who are you betting on?" she asked and Daniel shrugged "Honestly I don't even know who is fighting. I will bet with you and Daimen once I see the fighters" he said and Isabella chuckled "You are going to gamble based on looks? That is never a good idea brother" she said while she started playing with her golden hair. One bad habit was that her hands were always doing something, so she was often seen touching her hair, dress or playing with her own hands. Daniel shrugged and laughed with his two sisters.

As for Daimen, he wanted to join his siblings' conversation but he remember about Talia Bolton, who would find it rude if he turned his back on her. He smiled at the young girl and said "Thank you very much my lady" he said as he took her arm like she wanted moments ago. He wasn't very comfortable but the girl could become angry if he didn't accepted her arm. He never really liked physical contact so it was normal that he disliked his situation. Nevertheless, he still acted like everything was alright and gave the woman another warm smile "Shall we go my lady?" he asked as the others prepared to follow the guards and Talia. William even called his three servants who have been in silence all this time. Lord Ashwood asked the woman and the two men to stay near the boxes but not to enter since that would probably offend all of the Houses there if they did come with the Ashwood.

The servants nodded and did as they were ordered to do so.

Asua Asua

Walder and Elia Tyrell
Tyrell's Box, King’s Landing​

Walder and Elia made their way to the stadium. The daughter of Matthos Tyrell had asked for her brother to participate in the melee which was about to start but he had declined the opportunity. Yes it would be a great way to prove how good he was but Walder didn't want everyone to watch his fighting style and, his truly main reason, he didn't want to lose and be humiliated in front of everyone important on this cursed country. Elia had brought a beautiful yellow dress with a padern of roses imprinted on it. Walder, so he could match his sister, was using the very same padern. They were loving their trip to King's Landing. Sure they had the Lannisters who neither of the siblings had a spot for them on their soft heart but most of the common folk were nice. Of course the gardens of Red Keep were nothing compared to the ones on Highgarden.

Walder and Elia finally reached the stadium and walked towards their own private box where they would watch the duels between Westeros' amazing fighters. When they reached their space, they saw a face who they were already half expecting to meet at one point or another. Walder looked at his older brother, Axell Tyrell. Walder looked at his sibling, not showing alot of affection. In fact he was kinda hoping he wouldn't find him there. Elia noticed the tension and the awkward atmosphere that was setting in and decided to change it. She gave her best smile and approached Axell opening her arms "Brother! What a pleasure finding you here" she said as she hug her oldest brother. She then kissed him gently on the cheek and moved back. She then gave a glare to Walder silently ordering him to be nice and kind. Walder stretched his hand and shook his brother's and with a little smile he said "Hello Axell, aren't you going to participate in this amazing event?" he asked.
Yarrow Yarrow
Axell Tyrell
Tyrell's box, King's Landing
The day hadn't become better, the weather was still nice and Axell was needed to sit in his box instead of talking to people and making alliances. He would soon organize a dinner for all his Bannermen, first they would just talk, but after that, he would speak with only the Lords of each house and talk about the plans for the coming period. Something that was needed. The Tyrell heir already had made the first steps towards an agreement with some people, however, he needed to have all his bannermen sided with him to get his full army.

Axell was looking around the stadium when his little brother and sister arrived. He had kind of forgotten he still got two younger siblings, like many times before. However, they were nice and you could have a good talk with them "Oh hello Sister, nice to you see to" He watched her glaring to Walder and smiled a little "No, little brother, I'm not really a fighter, I am surprised that you aren't in the melee fighting? You have been practicing much with your spear.."

The relation between Axell and his siblings hadn't been great. As heir he was mostly working with his father, fixing things and preparing himself to become head of the house. His sister and brother were close to each other, Axell wanted that relationship too with his brother and sister but the just got to much on his plate "..I might need a good commander for the Army, Walder, you should think about that"
Axell tried to make some sort of peace offer

Walder and Elia Tyrell
Tyrell's Box, King’s Landing
Elia sighed in relief and thanked to the gods in silence that her brothers were being cooperative. Walder Tyrell looked Axell and said "Yes you were always the one with the brains" he said "I don't really like the idea of fighting for someone's entertainment." he explained as he looked at the field where the duels would take place "Plus why should I show my skills to the best warriors and knights of Westeros? If it was serious and I had to fight them for real on the battlefield, they would already know my fighting pattern and style" he added. Her sister listened Axell's offer to Walder and smiled, happy that her brother would think of Walder as a good commander for his army. Although Walder felt pleased that his brother would want him as his commander, he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow "You might? Are you expecting us going to war soon brother?" he asked, thought he already knew the answer.

He didn't want to admit it, but he felt like every House was waiting for an opportunity to take the throne. He would even go as far as saying that there was a silent and peaceful conflict. The Targaryens were the worst. He could feel like most of them wanted the iron throne for themselves. Walder was sure that secret alliances were starting to form and honestly he was scared of that. He had prepared himself since he was a young kid, becoming a really good fighter, but the idea of going to war and losing his sister scared him.

Yarrow Yarrow

Aerea Targaryen

The Tourney Grounds were very extravagant. Almost too extravagant. Aerea walked through dust and gravel, making her way to the ‘box’ which held her kin. Aethon walked behind her- chatting to someone who Aerea did not have a care for whatsoever.
Why was I not given such extravagance when my father married me off to that wretched fellow? Aerea walked by a group of women wearing the colours of House Who Cares. They smiled at her, and she smiled back. No. My father didn’t want to waste a coin on me. I was his little girl and about to leave for lys. I deserved a finer wedding than this.
She grew angry.
“Are you alright, my lady?” Shara Massey asked. She had been following Aerea this whole way. Aerea looked back at her and smiled a smile so polite- it might just kill someone as wretched as Aethon Rogare.
“Oh I am fine, my sweet. Come closer and tell me about yourself.”
Shara smiled and moved beside Aerea.
“Well, I am fourteen years young. I grew up in Stonedance. I cook, clean, and sew. I am especially good at that last one. I once sewed up my mother’s velvet dress. It is one of my proudest moments most definitely. Do you sew, my lady? What am I saying? Of course you do. I am sure you were thought by the best of sewers. Or… did your mother teach you? Like mine. My mother is also very good at sewing. She sewed this dress actually. Wait, no. My apologies my princess- I sewed this one. But my mother has sewed many others. Many others that I brought here. Many others that I will wear when we return to Lys. Is Lys nice? I have never been. Not just Lys, but all of Essos. In fact, this is actually the first time I have left Stonedance since the day of my birth. Isn’t that quite funny? I bet you seen so many places outside of Westeros. Oh, of course you have. You live in Lys. I am so sorry. Sometimes I can be so foolish. Do you have a fool in Lys? Maybe we would get along, ha. Me being so foolish and all. That was a jest. I love making jests. My father never laughs at them, but that is only because he is so strong minded. It is hard to make him laugh. Or smile, even. But, still- I cannot wait for the days to come. Being your handmaiden will be marvelous. Won’t it, my princess?”
Rip the red hair from my head and shove it into the gaping whole in this tramp’s face.
Whilst Shara talked some more, Aerea climbed the steps that led up to the ‘box’ in which her family all sat. Ready to watch several dozen men beat one another to a pulp.
“Shara, can you get me nice cup of wine. I should of had my first cup around ten minutes ago.” Aerea smiled.
Shara stopped talking, nodded frantically, and fled.
Aerea looked at Aethon and let out a sigh. “Let us sit, my darling.”
They took their seats on the edge of the box. This peeved her a little more. Am I not good enough to sit in the box’s center?
This was not her day. Not at all. But Aerea just remained calm and smiled. Like she always did. She looked to her left to see her sister Vaella. She was talking with a tanned woman who Aerea could only presume was Dornish.
Vaella saw Aerea as well. Vaella smiled and waved at Aerea. And Aerea did the same. Smile and wave. Bitch.
Aerea looked away and out onto the field. Crone give me strength. Strength to get through another day with these awful people.

@Lancelot

Ave Redwyne

The melee had almost begun, and Ave and Austen had taken their seats. They decided to play it safe and sit with House Tyrell as they were surrounded by other houses from The Reach. As they entered the box, Austen greeted his friend- Axell Tyrell.
Ave admired the man, appearance wise. She didn’t know much about him other than that. Austen rarely spoke about his friends. Austen rarely has ‘friends’ to begin with.
Axell showed them two seats near his where they could sit and went back to talking to his family. “Gods, it seems to be taking forever for this melee to actually begin.” Austen sighed as he crossed one leg over the other.
Ave nodded. “They do know that there is a wedding on the morrow, don’t they?”
Austen chuckled. “They mustn't.”
Ave looked around her. She saw Anthor Hightower with his wife from The Stormlands. An Estermont, I believe?
More importantly, however, she saw Walder Tyrell. Youngest son of Lord Matthos. My my. Ave had met him on several occasions although she couldn’t recall saying more than two words to him. And she couldn’t recall him being as handsome as he was.
He is no Lewyn Martell, but I would still love to get him alone.
“Eyeing a prize?” Austen asked.
“I am already going after one prize.” Ave said, she turned to look at the melee field. Lewyn Martell was almost ready. “However, I would not mind another one.”
Austen rolled his eyes at her. “What would mother say, my sweet sister?”
“Mother isn’t here.”

Yarrow Yarrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread