OLD RP - The Crownlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
idTLSo5saX5DkP7SevlGHXui9PDdurExc30iGnze-fPFpWiGkVeiyXwwsxT3_qAXyXDrMXRzNx9QISmLQJTnWJpvc5t07YSf2-g=w200-h133-nc

[FONT= 'Courier New']Vaella Targaryen[/FONT]

divider4-dark.png

[SIZE= 11px]"So, you're the Stark girl!" Vaella exclaimed, for a moment seeming almost accusatory before her plump lips curled into a smile. The princess stepped forwards to envelop Rae in a hug of greeting, paying no mind to the possibility that the woman might not be as affectionate as herself. Luckily the hug was fairly brief and she stepped back to offer a curtesy to the woman-- often royalty did not partake in that sort of polite greeting but Vaella had always been respectful when meeting people, especially those who were important, as Rae Stark surely was. Even if she wasn't important, she was supposedly a friend of Aegon, and for that reason alone Vaella had already decided to trust and like the girl.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"My name is Vaella, and I'm Aegon's sister. It's a pleasure to meet you," She added, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear; her eyes/hair alone gave her away as a Targaryen but she'd never been one to assume that people knew who she was before she had first met them. After all, it wasn't as if she was the Queen. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"You look lovely, my lady."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]@Ms MistyEye[/SIZE]

Jon Ashwood smiled at the young girl who didn't stop changing her mind about him. He grinned and shook his head moving his eyes towards his big bird. The bird looked at his master and released a sound, like it was begging for something. Jon smiled "Yeah yeah here you go" he said as he moved his arm towards a little bag he had hidden under his shirt. He opened it and took out a piece of raw meat. He raised it so it was infront of the animal's beak. The creature opened it and Jon let go of the piece of flesh. The creature caught it and swallowed it feeling satisfied. Jon smiled once again and looked back to the young girl.

" [COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]Alysia Webber...[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]handmaiden and companion to the Lady Rowa..." he nodded "Yes I think I have heard of you" he said stretching his arm and whistling one more time. The hawk reacted and jumped of his hand landing on the groundly gently. The bird stood by his side like it was dog. It didn't move, glaring at the young girl like she was a giant piece of steak. The Ashwood chuckled "Has a handmaiden shouldn't you stay with your Lady? Even if she is asleep?" he asked smiling. He then thought of something and raised his hand so the woman wouldn't start talking "Hmm let me make myself clear. Don't you think that an assassin or a mercenary could now be next to your Lady's bed with a dagger piercing her chest?" he asked but shook his head "Well not like it is of my business" he said and looked at the moon. "Peace you say? Night is full of terrors young girl" he said "There was once a woman who said that... In my opinion she was crazy but she was right about that. The dark is stronger at night" he said looking back at her.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]"But we are at Red Keep so we should be safe" he finished but then she talked about his nephew "Damien huh? I hope he did not flirt all the time with you" he grinned "Even if he doesn't understand that, he is too kind with women and says alot of... romantic words" he smiled at the girl. "So did he flatter you alot?" he winked.[/COLOR]

@Greenbriar

Aegon watched with amusement as his sister all but squealed in girlish delight before realizing what she was doing and controlled herself, offering a sheepish smile and agreeing that she would like to sing with him in a much more controlled tone. This made him chuckle with amusement, his eye sparling with delight, which while less boisterous was no less then his sisters. The fact it was a hobby only him and his sister shared made him feel all the more pleased about it. "Alright, it seems we will grace the Lannisters with out voices, since you seem so eager." He teased lightly at his sisters overwhelming joy.

It was around that time that Rae made her appearance, dressed in the dress he had given her which pleased him. Vaella to his amusement immediately ran over to hug the girl in her cheerful and carefree way, his word already more then enough for her to give her this fond greeting that had her own flavor of endless joy. "Greetings Rae, it pleases me you accepted my present and apology for ruining your dress earlier." He said with amusement, masking it as a gift for his own wrongs for his sisters sake and the kingsguard who he saw lurking from the corner of his eye. Redwyn had been following him since he returned to his rooms, a good man but one more loyal to crown then him. It had been difficult to work around him for a time but he would prove useful in the end. His sisters naturally had their own guard and even Rae had some of her own, though that would likely not due.

He waved his hand at Rae. "Your guard won't be much use her Rae, the Lannisters are disarming all armed guards at the entrance and they will not be much use disarmed surrounded by guards unless for another purpose. The Kingsguard will be enough to ensure our protection." He said, naturally he didn't include the Kingsguard as those who would be disarmed, the kingsguard were never disarmed for they must always be ready to defend the royal family in the time of crisis and to ask them to do so would be more likely to bring about ridicule and disbelief rather then obedience when asked by anyone but the king.

@Ms MistyEye @ailurophile @JustJazzy

Roland Wilds

Red Keep, Kings Landing, Crownlands

Walking down the long hall that lead to where the Lannisters were holding their feast. Roland would sigh inwardly, not wishing to see so many people though he knew his presence was required. Wearing fine noble clothing and a long coat with fur trim with boiled leather intricately hidden within that would likely go unnoticed by any but experienced warriors who could spot the slight bulges in the fabric over areas that would be deemed lethal if attacked. This was Roland's way of trying to be stylish for his wife while remaining as prepared as possible while doing so. Approaching the Lionsguard at the entrance with his bastard sword dangling at his hip, Roland would simply nod to each of them before opening the doors for himself and Cassandra. Waiting for his wife to enter he would gently close them, trying to remain quiet as to not draw attention to himself, though he immediately realized such an attempt had failed.

Nearly half the people within the room instantly turned their attention towards Roland and Cassandra, though luckily, none of them approached just yet. Passing closely to Cassandra's left Roland would take her hand, guiding her towards the head of the table where two seats were available to them. They had likely been saved by Tiber, only Martyn seperating both of them from Tiber himself. Allowing his wife the closer seat to Tiber Roland would sit, having a rather large bowl of soup placed in front of him by a servant. "Even in somebody elses home you manage to get yourself a feast" Roland spoke with a light chuckle, directing his comment not only at Tiber, but his siblings as well.

@Akio

@Greenbriar

@Hypnos

@ArisenMoon

@JustJazzy

@Red

@TheTraveller

27c26c0c6d1c69c62ebc7c9ee94a4c97.gif

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Cassandra Wilds nee Lannister[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]The Untamed Lioness[/COLOR]

The halls held more memories than Cassandra can recount as she and her beloved husband passes by. She spent quite some time in Red Keep during her childhood days due to visiting her favorite Uncle. She may have even spent sometime in the castle but meeting the man everyday was impossible. True enough, the great Queen and mother of Dragons were always present but her uncle was always in her side. The Queen Dragon held courts almost everyday and usually it took almost everyone's time in it. But nevertheless, Cassandra was allowed to spend her time running and walking around the Keep. Her favorite spot was the skeleton of a Dragon that has been hidden in the lower floors. Her Uncle told her that before the reign of Queen Daenarys, before when the rulers were stag and lions, he used to go to that spot and imagine what would a dragon look like. He said he usually imagine them bigger than the skeletons and far more monstrous and scary. He learned after a couple of  years that he was right, they were majestic beast but indeed they were very scary and intimidating.

He told her that the first time he saw Queen Daenarys' dragon, he prayed to the Seven as soon as he saw its menacing eyes. Cassandra remembered asking him if he really did pray for he wasn't seemed the type. She could still remember the smile he offered her upon asking. His smile was a little gruesome for the scars he had during the war he first fought. But even without the scar, his face too was a little different, he didn't share the beauty her father and her Aunt Cersei had. Tyrion might be ugly but Cassandra didn't care. He was brilliant enough for her to notice his physical features. Tyrion told her that he didn't exactly pray to the Seven, but he did pray to the Gods. No one specific for he can't think of anyone upon seeing the terrifying eyes of the dragon.  

Reeling herself back to reality, she placed her hands and wrapped them around her husband's arm as they continue to walk towards the chamber where the dinner party that they were invited was happening. She was actually a little surprise when he said he will go, she figured that maybe he'll just want to talk to some soldiers and perhaps relive his glory days as soon as they step foot inside in King's Landing.

"Try to smile, dear." Cassandra chimed quietly for her husband was all too serious and somber, like the usual. "We're going to a dinner and not a funeral." Cassandra offered her dear husband an endearing smile before noticing the door as they arrived. "Ah, I think we are here."

Men wearing a crest of the Lion were standing guard by the door and Cassandra beamed at the armed guards as they opened the wooden door widely for them. Inside, people were already gathered by the table and not exactly to her surprise the simple dinner party was not entirely simple. Foods and drinks were flowing on the table.  And apparently the dinner is not entirely for the Lannisters alone. Eyes lingered upon them as the couple entered but Cassandra doesn't look faze  or even concerned even if some of the people in the room were not familiar. "Oh dear," Cassandra said as she signaled one of the servants for a drink. "Just invite some couple mummers, pyromancers and singers, people might actually believe that the reception is being held in Lannister's quarters."

Tiber Lannister

Red Keep, King's Landing, The Crownlands.

Lord Tiber Lannister looked up to see the Lord of Fair Isle and his Aunt Cassandra walk in; he greeted them with a smile.  Aunt Cassandra had always been close to his father in the past, and Lord Roland was nothing if not dependable.

The Lion of Lannister found the old knight quite amusing, seeing him dressed up uncomfortably court clothing instead the armor like his younger brother.  The Mother had been very kind to Aunt Cassandra as the time passed; the woman looked no older than thirty five to those who didn't know her, and he recalled his own late father commenting on the many suitors that wished for her hand, only to be scorched by her wit and intellect.  In fact, Tiber doubted if anyone outside of Roland Wilds could've matched her as well as he did.  The warrior had, at least in his lord's mind, lived up to the famed heights of those that came before him, such as Barristan the Bold, Robert Baratheon and even those further back, like Duncan the Tall.  The Lord of Casterly Rock gave nod to the living legend and his aunt in front of him as they sat, replying to Roland.  "I believe you've been to my feasts before Lord Roland.  This is merely a simple family dinner in comparison."  At Cassandra's statement, Tiber gave a laugh.  "Only if they've never attended a proper Lannister Celebration before Auntie.  I'm sure several of Lord Crakehall's knights swore to never drink again after my wedding feast with Leanne."  He took a sip of wine before looking to her while taking hold of his wife's hand and squeezing it.  "You look lovely as ever by the way.  I daresay a lesser man than Lord Roland might jealousy guard you in a tower somewhere."  The Warden of the West forked some food into his mouth after grinning at Cassandra.

Next to him, Uncle Edwyn looked up, and stoically commented.  "Roland, Cassandra."  Tiber knew that while Edwyn enjoyed a much better relationship with his aunt than Uncle Tyrik down quite a few seats over, he was far from being as closed to her as his own father had been, and kept a pleasant, respectable, but wary relationship with his older sister.  Of course the Lord of Lannisport expected the same courtesy from his son and daughter in law, while Tiber knew that Leanne was at the very least polite towards the two.  Down the table, Martyn gave a noticable salute to Roland when the veteran looked his way.  With the way the Mountain Lion moved, he might as well be wearing fine silk rather than full armor at the table.

@Leusis

@TheTraveller

@JustJazzy

@Red

@Hypnos

@Akio

@ArisenMoon

@Greenbriar

Roland Wilds

Red Keep, Kings Landing, Crownlands

Shifting himself in his seat to get comfortable, Roland would glance around the room for a moment as Cassandra spoke with Tiber. Delicately lifting a silver spoon in his right hand he stirred the soup in the porcelain bowl that sat in front of him. It was still hot, a sign that Roland had not mistakenly arrived unfashionably late to the dinner. Acknowledging Edwyn and Martyn both with a nod he would lift the spoon to his lips, sipping the soup with an expression only one shade from a grimace. In his time traveling from battle to battle he had learned to enjoy the rations he and the other warriors shared, and even after decades spent mostly with his wife and children, he still disliked the taste of food that most would consider delicious. Roland was a hard man after all, similar to the men of the North in how he seemed to enjoy his own misery, not only in ale that tasted of piss, but food with the texture and firmness of wood.

Setting his spoon back down in the liquid filled bowl he would look to the faces of those around him once more. Summer children, the lot of them, not a single one of them able to face an autumn morning, let alone the brunt of winter outside of their comfortable castles. Of course, there were exceptions, Martyn chief among them, having always been a cut above the rest when it came to his uncanny ability to survive, though he still remained untested. Another was Lewyn, though Roland had heard little of him. What he did know was that he was a good warrior, and unlike most dornish he knew how to hold a sword instead of another mans cock. Lastly was Tiber, a frail man by appearance, and surely not a warrior of any renown as even in his old age Roland believed he could cut him down with no more than a cheese knife even if the bastard wore plate. But what he lacked in physical resilience and skill with a blade or bow, he more than made up for in intellect and an unflinching will to thrive. "I doubt any tower in the Seven Kingdoms could hold Cassandra for an afternoon" Roland spoke in reply to Tiber before raising his spoon back to his lips to drink the soup once more. 

@Akio

@WanderingJester

@TheTraveller

@Greenbriar

@Hypnos

@JustJazzy

@ArisenMoon

@Red

Rae was some what surprised at the informality of Vaella's greeting, had she witnessed the immediate affection shown for someone else she might have laughed. As it was Rae simply felt uncomfortable, stiffening as Vaella hugged her, hesitating briefly before returning the gesture. As they parted Rae mimicked her curtsey, her mind raking through her memories of the few hours learning court etiquette as a young girl before her combat training took over. Memories of said lessons were relatively sparse, though usually sufficient. Regardless, Rae couldn't help but feel slightly uncomfortable in the company of royalty, especially those she had yet to have met.

"Courtesy of your brother your highness, if you are half as kind as he is then I am both grateful and honoured to make your acquaintance." Rae responded to Vaella's confidence, her words cautiously formal. Call it paranoia, but until she was certain of the Princess' intention she would remain wary. She then turned towards Aegon as he spoke, slightly tense about walking into a den of lions and dragons without her retinue. Of course she still had a small, subtle dagger strapped to her thigh beneath the folds of her dress, but the men red with swords sworn to protect her were much more comforting. Regardless she lifted her hand smoothly, waving her guards away. The two men looked at each other confused before shrugging and returning the way they came. Rae took a deep breath before continuing. "I hope I'm not too late.".

@Akio @ailurophile @JustJazzy

Last edited by a moderator:
Talia Bolton

Talia strutted down the hallways of the Red Keep, a Northern dinner was being held so surely Talia and her Father would attend, as the prinicple bannermen of house Stark. Her thoughts wandered to Logan Stark, the  handsome yet patient Warden of the North, she hoped to meet him in the Red Keep at some point as tales were told in the Dreadfort that he was very similar to Eddard Stark who ruled the North over 70 years ago.

By coincidence, Talia noticed her guard stop, looking up she saw that they had stopped for exactly who she had been thinking about, Logan Stark, she vaguely recognized him from years ago when she and her father had visited Winterfell. Rogar had been a great advisor to Logan, yet he had never held an offical position in the Stark household.

"You are to kind my lord" Talia said blushing as she courtseyed to Logan. Talia was suddenly not herself, she could feel the butterflies in her stomach and the tingling sensation that you get when you're nervous. She had, infact, fancied Logan Stark from afar, a little bit of it had to do with his great power but the other side was that he was very different to most men, patient and gentle and slow to make rash decisions in the heat of the moment. "I-i was just on my way to the Northen dinner" Talia said, stuttering slightly as she blushed even further, this was a long way off the usual cold and heartless Talia that she knew.

@Ms MistyEye

idTLSo5saX5DkP7SevlGHXui9PDdurExc30iGnze-fPFpWiGkVeiyXwwsxT3_qAXyXDrMXRzNx9QISmLQJTnWJpvc5t07YSf2-g=w200-h133-nc

divider4-dark.png

[SIZE= 11px]"Well, I'm glad that he has been welcoming." Vaella smiled, laying her hand on Aegon's arm without really realising it. It didn't seem as though she had noticed that Rae had stiffened during their hug and truly hadn't even cast a thought to the fact that the woman might find her informality unsettling. She hadn't really thought that her brother would be impolite to their guests, it was more of a casual, teasing remark-- perhaps the princess was trying to relax the mood a little. [/SIZE][SIZE= 11px]After all, it wouldn't be long until the group would enter the room to join their hosts for dinner, and once they were in with the Lions there was no telling how tense or relaxed the atmosphere would be. Then again, when Vaella had greeted the Lannister ladies earlier that day it'd been a pleasant meeting, so that perked her up a bit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"No, I wouldn't say you're too late. Even if you are, that would make us late too so you wouldn't be alone," Vaella smiled gently and moved her hand from Aegon's arm, instead using it to adjust the neckline of her dress before looking to both her siblings and to Rae. "Shall we, then?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]@Akio@Ms MistyEye[/SIZE]

tumblr_n4c4qvBlMG1r05bkco1_250.gif

[FONT= 'Courier New']Evelyn[/FONT]

divider01.gif

[SIZE= 11px]Only when Miranda left the room did Evelyn finally relax her posture somewhat and let out a breath that she wasn't even aware she had been holding. Regaining her composure a little, she cleared her throat gently before exiting Miranda's room as well, wandering through the winding corridors until she ended up in the garden. She took a breath of the fresh night air and felt a little better-- perhaps a short walk would help her collect her thoughts a little more. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]The idea was short lived, for only a few minutes after first entering the garden, Evelyn spotted a sight that sparked her interest. A man and a young girl, though they weren't the source of her curiosity. No, it was the bird perched on the man's arm; it was a creature that made her both nervous and excited. Tentatively, she approached, but then thought better of just wandering over and interrupting whatever sort of conversation the two people were having. Instead, she stopped not too far away and pretended to be busy examining some flowers, casting curious but hopefully discreet glances over to the bird.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]@JPTheWarrior[/SIZE]

300px-Marc_Simonetti_Damon_Prince-VillainII.jpg

Vaegon Targaryen

Vaegon looked out from the bow of his own personal ship at the city of King's Landing ahead of him, it was difficult to spot through the night and fog but it's silhouette seemed to loom above him. Vaegon had not seen King's Landing since he was sixteen but it still looked- and smelled, exactly the same. "Prepare to port!" He called to his men who shouted in agreement before scrambling around the deck, preparing to land. Vaegon had earnt the repect of his men through years of battle experience, afterall he was a veteran warrior at only twenty three years old.

Vaegon was first off the ship, jumping down from the bow and landing with both his feet on the wooden peer, his knee injury from years ago not showing at all. "Secure the ship! Then go enjoy yourselves!" He commanded his men, a strong tone of authority and disipline in his voice. The sailors shouted once again in agreement. Turning away from the ship Vaegon noticed four Targaryen soldiers walking towards him, stopping a few feet away. "My prince, we expected you earlier" One of the soldiers said, bowing as he spoke "Yes, well the wind didnt favour us today" Vaegon spoke, walking past the soldiers who instantly started to march behind him.

Vaegon made his way through the still bustling streets of King's Landing and all the way up to the Red Keep, he was let in without any problems as it was quite clear from his white hair and purple eyes that he was a Targaryen. Upon enetering the Red Keep a man ran up to him and was promptly stopped by Vaegon's guardsmen. The man who was clearly a servant, stepped back a few paces before holding out his hand that contained a piece of parchment with what Vaegon could see was a Lannister seal. He took the parchment from the servants hand, before breaking the seal, unrolling it and then proceeding to read it.

Vaegon rolled the piece of parchment back up when he was done reading it, it was an invitation to a Lannister Dinner, all of the Lannister lords along with his own family were invited. It had been a while since Vaegon had seen any of his extended family so he decided to attend. Vaegon walked like a soldier through the Red Keep as all he had known for years was being a soldier, not a prince.

After a few minutes of walking Vaegon reached the location of the Lannister dinner and standing out the front of the doors were none other then his cousins, Vaella and Aegon, along with another girl that he didnt recognise. "Ah Cousins!" He said loudly and warmly as he approached them, gesturing outwards with his hands. It was truly good to see family again after years of corpse making in Essos.

@Akio @ailurophile @Ms MistyEye

divider4-dark.png

[SIZE= 11px]A voice broke Vaella from her thoughts and she turned from her siblings and Rae to see one of her cousins. Yet again, her plump lips curled into a smile and she trotted over to instinctively wrap him in a hug-- it had been years since she had seen him, and they had both changed quite a bit both in appearance and in character.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"Vaegon! It's so lovely to see you!" As she drew back from the hug a little to look up at him, she tilted her head to the side and teasingly added, "Somebody got handsomer while they were away. Please tell me you haven't gone and gotten married without telling us.'' It was a well known fact that Vaella loved weddings and other similar events, and also strived to support her family whenever possible. Of course, a wedding seemed fairly unlikely; after all, it wasn't as if her cousin had gone away for the purpose of leisure. Finally, she released him entirely from her arms and took another step or two back to allow him some personal space.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"Are you here for the dinner too? We were just about to head inside.''[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]@SuperSpice[/SIZE]

Though Jon Ashwood didn't notice at first the woman, his hawk did as it looked quickly at the golden haired girl. The bird kept staring at her for moments only to open its beak and let out a loudly shriek that made Jon looked immediately on her direction. He quickly found Evelyn glancing over his bird and not him which made Jon relax a little bit. He smiled at the young woman and said "What is a woman like you doing in a garden at this hour?" he asked "Isn't it a bit late?" he asked. The bird closed his beak and the sound faded away.

Jon patted the creature's head giving it a piece of meat "Goodjob" he said. The hawk worked as a dog. It would protect him of his enemies, warn him if something seemed suspicious and it would send messages. The thing he loved the most besides himself was his pet. The bird looked at his master and for moments, Evelyn could think it was smiling as it ate the flesh Jon gave. Jon stretched his arm towards Evelyn and opened his hand. "Come here little bird" he said this time talking about the girl and not the hawk itself. However the hawk still responded and jumped swing its wings so it could fly towards his left shoulder.

It landed and Jon sighed "Not you..." he said but shook his head looking back at Evelyn "What is your name?" he asked.

@ailurophile

Vaegon Targaryen

"It is lovely to see you too Vaella, tales of your growing beauty were not exagerrated" Vaegon replied kissing her on the cheek. He had always quite liked Vaella, especially in his older teen years before he left King's Landing for Essos and had heard tales from across the narrow sea of her beauty at the age of twenty six. "No, i havent married yet" He replied to Vaella's question, hugging her back a little tighter as he replied. Vaegon had never really thought of getting married before and he had grown tired of whorehouses very quickly, not liking to pay for meaningless pleasure. Surely as a Targaryen he could marry into nearly any house of Westeros and perhaps even into some of Essos. "Yes, i was invited to the dinner, what great timing" He said, smiling as Vaella released him from their hug which he had actually quite enjoyed. Vaegon had spent so much time battling men that he had nearly forgotten the touch of a woman, especially one as beautiful as Vaella.

tumblr_n4c4qvBlMG1r05bkco1_250.gif

[FONT= 'Courier New']Evelyn[/FONT]

divider01.gif

[SIZE= 11px]When the bird shrieked, Evelyn flinched and for a moment considered turning around and bolting. Thankfully she regained her confidence at the last minute and flashed a shy smile to the man, approaching warily. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"Just passing throug, my lord," She replied, now close enough to speak to the man but not so close as to irritate his bird, who made her nervous.  "I'm sorry if I disturbed you or... Or your friend."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]It was a bird, Evelyn had no clue why she hadn't just referred to it as his pet, but she hadn't, and it was too late to correct herself. She was so caught up in mentally cursing herself that she almost missed his question and blushed when she realised that she had left him hanging for a little too long.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"Oh! My name! It's Evelyn, my lord. It's a pleasure to meet you."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]@JPTheWarrior[/SIZE]

divider4-dark.png

[SIZE= 11px]His compliment made Vaella blush and she quickly smoothed her hair down and cleared her throat. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"You're too kind." She smiled, glad that he seemingly hadn't changed all that much since their teenage years; they had been close growing up, and he'd been nice to her. While he had been gone she had missed him, and had often worried about his welfare when her thoughts weren't consumed by more mundane, everyday things. Recently she had been too caught up in the wedding preparations to cast a thought to her dear cousin and that made her feel a little guilty.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"I'm glad we waited a little longer! Come, you can sit with us," Vaella insisted, taking Vaegonnby the wrist and beginning to try and lead him back towards Rhaella, Aegon, and Rae.[/SIZE]

Vaegon Targaryen

"I'm only speaking the truth" He said smiling and giving Vaella a wink. He allowed himself to be lead over towards the rest of the group which included two more of his cousins, Rhaella and Aegon and a girl he did not recognise. He leant closer to Vaella and then whispered in her ear "I thought about you alot when i was in Essos" He said so quietly that only she could hear him. It was true that he had thought of her constantly, their relationship had been close when he lived in King's Landing and as a teenager Vaella had been his first love and to this day was his only love, he only hoped she felt the same way. Vaella was a fine woman who he could see himself marrying one day.

divider4-dark.png

[SIZE= 11px]His whispered confession made Vaella blush, although this time to the other the cause of her blush was a mystery. She glanced up at Vaegon with another small smile to show she had heard him but didn't reply, not wanting to make things too obvious in front of their company. When they were alone, she told herself, they could talk.[/SIZE]

"Vaegon, this is Rae Stark, she is here with Aegon." Vaella made the introductions herself politely, gesturing to the girl as she assumed the two wouldn't know one another. Brushing a lock of fair hair from her eyes, she looked around at the growing group, "We had best be getting in, it seems a shame to keep our hosts waiting."

Realising she was still holding on, Vaella released Vaegon's wrist but her hand lingered for a moment before dropping to her side. They had been close while they were growing up, in a way that was similar to her relationship with her brothers yet different at the same time. Perhaps it was just the excite,net of being reunited that was making her nervous.

Aelyx Targaryen

Aelyx quietly watched as Jornah bowed his head, before quickly leaving the room, his armor clanking. After the man had left, Aelyx leaned forward in the chair he had been sitting in, letting out a sigh. "That went better then I would have thought..." Aelyx had just requested Jornah to withdraw from the tourney, something that he had initially been against, but finally agreed to in the end. He had a new assignment, and he would not leave his new post until released by another Summer Knight, or when the wedding was done. 

Rising to his feet, Aelyx left his room, heading out to find someone he needed to speak to.

(Open if anyone is really bored)

Vaegon Targaryen

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Stark" Vaegon said kissing the girl's hand out of courtesy. He glanced at Aegon for a moment before turning to Vaella "May i?" He asked, holding out his arm to Vaella, to escort her inside the Lannister dinner. He was a little weary of doing this in front of Aegon as he knew that, atleast when they were teens, Aegon fancied her alot aswell which worried him. Aegon was not a man he wanted to have on his bad side, but he knew it was inevitable if he wanted to be with and even perhaps marry Vaella. Vaegon had been absolutely in love with Vaella when they were teenagers and his feelings had only deepened by being away from her for so long, and now seeing her, more beautiful then ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

divider4-dark.png

[SIZE= 11px]Vaella smiled and took Vaegon's arm, turning her smile to the other three for a moment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"You don't mind if we catch up with you in a while, do you?" It was clear that her question was rhetorical, and that she had already made up her mind. In her eyes, Aegon was busy with Rae, it was more Rhaella that she felt guilty about walking away from but she reasoned that her sister would easily slip into conversation with whoever was inside the dinner. With a little wave to Rae, Aegon and Rhaella, she let Vaegon lead her into the room, pleased that she would finally be able to greet the attendants of the dinner and also catch up with the man taking her in a little. [/SIZE]

Vaegon Targaryen

Vaegon smiled at the group before opening the door with one hand and leading Vaella into the room. Immediately the chatter of the room filled his ears and he could see that all the lords of the Westerlands were there, Lord Payne, Greenfield and Crakehall, just to name a few. He looked at Vaella, taking in her beauty and wondering if she would speak, now that they were away from Aegon. Everyone was chatting to eachother, the noise was so loud that he doubted anyone would hear their conversation. Vaegon pulled out a seat for Vaella, waiting for her to sit down before he would sit next to her in his own seat.

Logan flashed a kind smile. He took notice of her nerves, they were hard to miss. They had a somewhat humbling affect. Whilst Logan was no stranger to the adoration of his people, it was rare that the lords and ladies of houses, either domestic or foreign, showed similar awe. Of course he was aware of his relative good looks, conscious of the gravity his presence carried but he always seemed to be passed over in past gatherings of aristocracy. Most of the nobility reserved their respect for the lords fluent in war, those who can kill a man in a dozen different ways with his bare hands. Very few recognised the equal merit in Logan's skills, with his mind and the hands of others, Logan could kill a man in a thousand ways. It was a shame that strategists were often forgotten in favour of the heroes they command. Hence the nerves bubbling through Talia's words filled Logan with a subtle joy, one which was reflected in the relaxed pose he adopted before replying, a smile still playing on his lips.

"The feast m'lady? It is yet to have begun just yet, a few more preparations to be finalised." Logan replied before letting out a short laugh. "I didn't realise that people were aware of it's occurrence just yet though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, we're in King's Landing, the one place word travels quicker through whispers than by raven." Logan paused briefly before deciding he would enjoy the company of the young lady a while longer. "Would you like to accompany me to the kitchens m'lady? I will need help deciding which Southern wine will draw the least complaint from the other lords and ladies." Logan joked, eagerly waiting on Talia's answer.

@SuperSpice

divider4-dark.png

With a brief smile to show her thanks, Vaella slid into the chair he had pulled out for her and smoothed down the skirts of her dress instinctively, looking around the room with interest at the lords and ladies gathered there. Some she recognised and some she didn't, but she made a mental note to greet those she was not yet acquainted with later that evening. After all, the night was still young.

[SIZE= 11px]"Tell me, then-- how was your time away?" Vaella asked, naturally assuming that he would be happy to talk about it. On second thought, she realised that there was a possibility that she might have touched upon a sensitive topic, but she couldn't take back her question. Hopefully she was just being unnecessarily worried and Vaegon would be fine to reply to her.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread