• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

VargasLagola

~ daughter of a rifleman ~
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
John Parker

Overview
LocationThe Hideout
Date16th of April, 1942
Time07:27
IC.jpeg

The muffled sound of rain and thunder could be heard echoing throughout the cold and grey abandoned tunnel. Hundreds of men and women of The Crown was eagerly waiting in the hall, if you could even call it a hall, waiting for the opening meeting to begin. For more than a year members of The Crown had been looking forward to this day, it was finally time to let the German occupiers know that the British people will not give up without a fight. They had been carrying out small operations but it was time for the main event. The tension in the hall could be cut with a knife, you could hear their hearts beating out of their chests.
To say that John was nervous was more than an understatement. He was well aware that he'd become the face of The Crown early on, but it was now up to him to prove that he deserved it. Not if, but when The Crown is discovered by the Nazis he knows that he will be a high-value target for them, however, that's a risk he's willing to take for the sake of Great Britain's future.

The whispers amongst the gathered people was quickly interrupted as John's worn-down boots hit the wet ground beneath him. For each splash of water following his footsteps the hall seemed to get quieter and quieter. After what felt like the longest walk of John's life he got up on the platform and looked out over the crowd with a smirk on his face. Before he even said a word he lit the cigarette hanging from his lips and took a deep breath.
"I know this has been far from easy for all you. You've given up your lives, everything you have built and poof... ...now it's all gone. But may I say that I'm mighty proud of each and everyone of you? Because I am. I can feel your anger and your disgust, and it gladens me. I can see your love for Great Britain, and it gives me hope. I can taste your eagerness to take back what is yours, and it excites me. However, I can smell your fear, and I want you all to know that you're not the only ones that are afraid. But you know damn well that it's Jerry upstairs that should be scared, because The Crown will not go easy on them."
John's words echoed amongst the cheers as he tossed his cigarette in to a puddle of water besides him. He was not alone up there on the platform, behind him stood some of the men and women of The Crown's inner-circle. They were members with varying skills and roles proven to be highly valuable for The Crown's matter.

John didn't even bother to wipe the sweat of his face as he turned around to face the others on the platform. Still trying to catch his breath after the speech he chuckled towards the group with a smile spreading across his face. With a smile he shook his head as he walked past them towards what they called the meeting room. Located behind the platform was a rather small room where the inner-circle would meet to discuss and plan their operations.
The metal door let out a loud and high pitched creak as John pushed it open with his shoulder. He sat down in front of the worn wooden table and shuffled the chair closer to the edge of the table.
"I've got information from a trusted source that the Nazis are setting up recruitment offices for people who wants to volunteer for a British SS Brigade. We're still not sure where these offices will be located but we can not let them get away with this easily. Once we've got a location I suggest we burn the place to the ground, hopefully putting a halt in their recruitment. I'm well aware that's easier said than done, we will need to plan that attack very carefully. Any other ideas or any more important matters you feel we need to discuss?" He asked glancing around the people in the concrete room, warming his hands with his smokey breath.

Armellé Barbery
Tapping nervously against her little lighter, Armelle Barbery was trying her best to cool her nerves. The french starlet was no stranger to the spotlight, to a large crowd or even to a shady stage. But there was a meaningful difference between this and all of her previous performances. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on her, but she knew more than ever, that they were doing not only the right, but the necessary thing. When John stepped up to his worn-down, rancid stage, Armelle clicked the lighter again, this time to light a cigarette of her own. After a deep drag she took a step forward, ready to show that she would accept John as the speaker and face of The Crown - for now.

She listened keenly to his speech, only occasionally nodding along. She could have criticized his delivery or speech pattern endlessly, but the cheers of the audience were all that mattered right now. She knew, when a speech had made the desired impact and so she gave an approving nod to him, when he turned around. But her face remained motionless, she wasn't going to give away any of her thoughts just yet. Casually flinging some ashes to the ground, she just followed the little group, as they entered the horrible dirthole they called a meeting room. It was in desperate need for a thorough cleaning but to depressing to allow her to start.

Being careful with every step, Armelle quickly chose her usual spot, the furthest away from John. The french was quick to grab the cleanest chair she could find, not paying a single care to the other members who might have wanted said chair. Sitting down slowly, she crossed her leg and once again listened to what their speaker had to say, this time with a slight frown. As soon as he had finished, a sly smirk started to form and she blew a large wad of smoke into the air. "Cherié, Cherié... is that the best that we got? A little arson seems so... anti-climactic for such an occasion.", she teased, before once again inhaling some smoke. With a sigh, she got out of her chair extremely slowly, but elegantly. "Those SS pigs need to bleed, no doubt about it. I will gladly use all of my contacts to find out more about those offices and the pigs behind them.", she promised to help, despite the initial teasing. After a careful look through the room to wait for some reactions, she continued with crossed arms. "But I must say, that it is quite... dull, n'est-ce pas?", Armelle adressed the entire group, before dramatically sitting back down again. "I was thinking about something bigger. Make all of them afraid for their miserable lifes! They have been planning their horrible parades for weeks now, you know, its the Führers birthday soon... merde tout, I even have to perform for them. Why don't they just shoot me in the stomach instead?! I say, we don't just burn those offices down - we blow them up! That should stop the SS and the celebration!", she ranted angrily, her french accent getting stronger the more she raged.

Noah Churchill was calm, almost bored, as heard the speech. He already was sure about why he was fighting the nazi occupation and who he was fighting for. His attention only picked up when he heard about the plan to burn the new SS office.

As Jhon left the stage to enter the meeting room Noah started playing with the idea, he tried to picture how The Crown could execute this new plan. He played the possible scenarios in his head as slowly walked into the meeting room, but there was always an feeling in him that the attack could be improved.

His toughts were interrupted when Armelle stole his attention with her own opinion on the plan. At first he tought she was just being dramatic, but maybe that dramatism was just what the plan needed to reach it's full potential.

"I have to agree with the frenchie" Noah admitted "An office can be rebuilt and a handfull of officers can be replaced, but if we humilliate them then we can butcher their plans to recruit.". Then he made a pause to think and continued "altough it's true that it will grant us a lot of attention from people we may not want to come after us.".

Noah limited himself to look around to know what his teammates tought, it was a risk they would all have share after all.

Molly
mood: thoughtful
interactions:
The Crown’s inner circle

Honestly, Molly was only half paying attention to Johns speech out there. She should probably be paying more attention; this was their move. Their grand entrance. Their ‘big shindig’ as Mrs. Dawson would’ve put it. And yet she was studying the wooden table in front of her with a touch too much interest. She didn’t like being on that stage too much unless necessary. It made her feel somewhat uncomfortable to be put on a public spotlight.

Her foot tapped rapidly against the concrete, some slight anxiety creeping in, but she shook her head once to clear it. They were all in far too deep to back down now. That was good, since it provided ultimatum. Her head shot up as the metal door creaked, and John stepped in the room. She leaned back against her chair, listening to him speak for a moment in silence.

Armellé had followed him in. Molly’s eyes narrowed in some distaste at her teasing of the project, though she kept her mouth shut for now. It’s not that she was against the idea of having more grandeur, or blowing it up. It just made her wonder if the French woman understood the purpose of this whole endeavor. It wasn’t how they did it, but the fact that they did it. She understood why Noah agreed, but still. She was never one to sit silent when she felt she had a something to say.

“While I am not… adverse to blowing it up,” The accent was a strange combination of heavy southern American and light German, almost unbefitting of how she looked. ”Is it wise? I agree it will draw more attention, make them shake in their boots a little. But that puts our people at more risk. We’ll need more time to plan, more materials, more time in the actual building to set up the explosives.” She leaned forward in her seat a bit, giving a heavy sigh. ”I just want to make sure that we note the added risk to reward. The point is not how big and grand we can make this, but letting both the Nazi’s and the British know we will not go down without a fight.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back