• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Crew (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Okay, shadows it is. Awesome.

Based on previous “work” you’ve all done before establishing your crew, what reputation does the criminal underground know you by?
  • Ambitious
  • Brutal
  • Daring
  • Honorable
  • Professional
  • Savvy
  • Subtle
  • Strange
There’s extra XP to be had from bolstering your crew‘s reputation, so this is kind of a way of telling my what type of action you want in the game.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex dae mec dae mec

Wilhelmina would call it ambitious, professional and probably savvy as they are getting away with it.

Me, I’d say probably strange as well

I figured we'd narrow it down based off of everyone's ideas of the crew. Say everyone has different ideas but each has a single thing in common.

At the moment it is a toss up between strange and professional.

Yeah, I agree it's a toss up between professional and strange! At the moment, though, I'm leaning to professional because it seems like we want to be very methodical about it first.

Seems like it'll be Professional for us.
Totally agree! I love that you guys already have such a great sense of your crew. This is awesome.

Okay. Next. Your lair. If you look at the map (I put it in the Lore page), we need to pick a district where your lair is. May I suggest Crow’s Foot. It’s got some of the most criminal influence most likely allowing a new crew like yours an easier time starting out.
Crow’s Foot is a crossroads, merging many qualities of its neighboring districts: the illict vices of Silkshore, the labor and trade of the Docks, the poverty of Charhollow, and the classic architecture of Charterhall. The district is a patchwork, both held together and threatened to be torn apart by the menagerie of competing street gangs and Bluecoat squads that claim every avenue and corner as territory in an endless turf war.

Another good option would be Silkshore as that is the red lamp district of the city. Plenty of criminal influence there. Like Crow’s Foot, easy to hide.
Criss-crossed by dozens of narrow canals, Silkshore is a district best navigated by gondola, as most visitors to this “red lamp district” do. The brothels, vice dens, food stalls, and exotic shops all perch at the waterside, ready to satisfy the appetites of their clientele, no questions asked. Silkshore is a place of public indulgence and private indelicacy, catering to every pleasure imaginable—as well as some that strain the bounds of fantasy.

Actually, maybe even better is Six Towers. The district is pretty abandoned. It’s less on the criminal scale, but a TON of occult influence has moved in there.
This formerly prestigious district has faded over the centuries into a pale shadow of what it once was. The eponymous six towers were originally the grand residences of Doskvol’s first noble families. All but two (Bowmore House and Rowan House) have been sold off and converted into cheap apartments or fallen into ruin and abandoned. The district has an empty, haunted feel, with many sprawling old buildings dark without power, broad stone streets cracked and buckled, and the fires of squatters crackling from overgrown lots.

There are obviously other options, too. I just grabbed the three that grabbed me right away.

Then! Choose where your lair is! Pick one of these or we can make one up.
  • A half-sunken grotto in the city’s maze-like underground canals.
  • An abandoned watch tower atop an ancient, crumbling wall.
  • The unassuming back rooms of a merchant’s shop.
  • A small abandoned house at the end of a dark lane.
  • A rickety, tin-roofed shack perched on a rooftop.
  • A junked rail-car, rusted in place on its old, overgrown tracks.
Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex dae mec dae mec

I'd say that Six-Towers sounds perfect for us and some of our more occult ambitions. As well, not being a gangland hub means we have room to stretch our legs and grow.

Furthermore! If we are ever feeling brave, we are pretty close to the Lost District. Which would be a prime place to scavenge for lost relics and valuable loot, if we wish to risk our lives to the horrors outside the lightning wall.

As Shadows, I think that a half sunken grotto would fit us very nicely. Mysterious and labyrinthine.

Alternatively. I think a nice tower would be dramatic and give us a great lay of the land at any given time.

Ooo, those are all tempting options. I guess the question is what we want to focus on. Do we want to be as unassuming as possible (probably Silkshore, since there's legitimate reasons for us to go visit the district), do we want to establish a reputation in the criminal underworld (Crow's Foot), or do we want to have easy access to the occult (Six Towers)? I'm leaning towards Six Towers myself, since we do want to deal with the magical side of things.

I like the grotto and merchant's backrooms, since they both provide anonymity/easy escape in different ways.

A watch tower sounds perfect for us, tall, well useful in possible experiments, plenty of room for each of us to have a different floor, easy to keep an eye on the surroundings and it gives us an imposing air. The grotto is also a nice option because it’s just the opposite, unlimited expansion underground.

I’m hesitant about being in the abandoned district. It makes our activity noticeable and I’m never one to hunt where I sleep. Silkshore being my second option due to how busy it would be but it’s kind of ‘isolated’. Only the farming district nearby. I’m throwing my choice of location being in the Nightmarket. Easy access to rail lines, lots of people and plenty of goods going all over.

Six Towers or Nightmarket sounds good to me.

I'd prefer the Grotto. Hidden and gives us access to the waterways and canals which could be a possible way to get in and out of nearly any other district as well as plenty of escape routes should we be tracked down.

Also, might be the potential of getting a submersible.

I feel like a neat thing with this in regards to lair, we can probably A) grow and add things to our lair and B) gives us all a chance to describe and create inner sanctums for our characters

A watch tower sounds perfect for us, tall, well useful in possible experiments, plenty of room for each of us to have a different floor, easy to keep an eye on the surroundings and it gives us an imposing air. The grotto is also a nice option because it’s just the opposite, unlimited expansion underground.

I’m hesitant about being in the abandoned district. It makes our activity noticeable and I’m never one to hunt where I sleep. Silkshore being my second option due to how busy it would be but it’s kind of ‘isolated’. Only the farming district nearby. I’m throwing my choice of location being in the Nightmarket. Easy access to rail lines, lots of people and plenty of goods going all over.
Keep in mind, we are Shadows. We have the advantage in these less busy parts of town. The place is abandoned for a reason, and a reason that might also lend to less Law caring about what happens. By the time they realize our crew is a threat, we will be too big for them manage.

The abandoned area also means we won't have to fight with local gangs as viciously. And there would no doubt be secrets in some of these grand and neglected architectures that could be quite valuable.

Six Towers or Nightmarket sounds good to me.

I'd prefer the Grotto. Hidden and gives us access to the waterways and canals which could be a possible way to get in and out of nearly any other district as well as plenty of escape routes should we be tracked down.

Also, might be the potential of getting a submersible.
Ha! Having a submersible would be awesome! Especially if it was one big enough to be a hideout.

However. I doubt anyone wants to venture more than arms deep into the void sea, even if they are in an armored shell of a submarine. Id say there are scarier things below the opaque black waves than there are outside the lightning walls.

We can get a houseboat though! Thats an upgrade. Who knows how far we could upgrade it from there.

It looks like all of us like the idea of the Grotto. The remaining question is location. I also think the Nightmarket seems like a good middle ground: it's right next to Six Towers, which might be our hunting grounds, it doesn't seem to be super congested in regards to criminal activity, it has a good flow of goods (with some illicit), and there's enough people that we blend in.

Yeah, looks like the grotto lair is the choice. And, it looks like we have a majority on Nightmarket as its location. Nightmarket has a decent amount of wealthy, but it’s also a great place to fence occult items and information.

The Veil sounds like a really cool place, too.

Is Nightmarket your official choice?

1626670047413.png

1626670202204.png

I suppose Nightmarket will do. I mean, if we are thieves, one of the best places to set up would be where the goods are.

Okay, so, your lair is in Nightmarket, a half-sunken grotto in the city’s maze-like underground canals.

Now, to establish your hunting grounds. This is three or four city blocks that is your usual target for your scores. This doesn't need to be in the same district as your lair. And, your hunting grounds are useful for your favorite type of operation. It sounded like before that your favorite operation type based on your crew type is espionage. So, if that's still true, choose a small section of any district that is your hunting grounds. When you prepare to execute an operation of your preferred type on your hunting grounds, you get +1d to any gather information rolls and a free additional downtime activity to contribute to that operation.

When you choose where your hunting grounds are, I'll tell you which faction has already claimed that area and you'll be able to choose how you work it out with them.

Thoughts?

Okay, so, your lair is in Nightmarket, a half-sunken grotto in the city’s maze-like underground canals.

Now, to establish your hunting grounds. This is three or four city blocks that is your usual target for your scores. This doesn't need to be in the same district as your lair. And, your hunting grounds are useful for your favorite type of operation. It sounded like before that your favorite operation type based on your crew type is espionage. So, if that's still true, choose a small section of any district that is your hunting grounds. When you prepare to execute an operation of your preferred type on your hunting grounds, you get +1d to any gather information rolls and a free additional downtime activity to contribute to that operation.

When you choose where your hunting grounds are, I'll tell you which faction has already claimed that area and you'll be able to choose how you work it out with them.

Thoughts?

Where do we find the districts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back