• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Crew (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I've put my character sheet up! Let me know if I should make any changes or if you would like any more details: I can type up a full background if you like WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

If you would like, I can edit the PDF after you add the information, so that way you have a document to reference too! (Totally understand if you prefer not.)
That could be cool! But I don't mind. I can make it work pretty well without a PDF (except for maybe the timer things)

I still don't much about my character yet. Haven't had time to really define much about him.

Made an edit to my character sheet. It didn't have one of my action dots. But it wouldn't let me place it in the second spot so I put it in the third.

That could be cool! But I don't mind. I can make it work pretty well without a PDF (except for maybe the timer things)

I still don't much about my character yet. Haven't had time to really define much about him.
Yeah, no problem. No real need to really even define the character before play, honestly. You could work through the playbook and then have the character emerge at the time of or through play.

I believe all i need now is a vice and an Alias!

Did my best to translate the PDf to post form. It was a bit too much trouble to try and edit it with my pdf editor.

One thing I didn’t mention to you guys (and now I’m tagging you all so you see it) is that this is a new game to us all. So, I’ll allow changes to what you chose in your playbook for chargen for quite a bit into play. That way, after getting the feel for the system you feel a different choice within the playbook would have been better, you can switch it up.

Let me know if you have any questions, too.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex dae mec dae mec

Just for reference, since we’re targeting more of the occult side of things in our game, some context from the book:

In the fantasy world of Blades in the Dark, supernatural powers exist—but they are not innate to human beings. Humans are mortal, material, flesh-and-blood creatures, just as the rest of the natural world. To wield arcane abilities, humanity must harness strange forces in various ways:
  • The control of spiritual energies and ghosts with pseudo-scientific techniques, known as Spectrology.
  • Ancient occult compacts to entreat demonic or other-worldly assistance, known as Rituals.
  • The distillation of weird chemical mixtures, known as Alchemy.
  • The fusion of these disciplines with technological engineering, known as Spark-craft.

You know! We are going to need a crew name, an origin, and a vague goal.

What we know of us so far:

We are all academics, or from the field thereof

We so far all wear masks

We are shadows, specializing in the subtler crimes. Theft, acquisition of intelligence, espionage, sabotage.

We have a desire to acquire forbidden knowledge and artifacts.

So where then do we lay? I would certainly not classify us as a force of good. But I would not say we are on the same low class as many a vile gang.

What is it we strive for? Fortune? Power through knowledge? Control? Infamy and notoriety?

And where we do draw the line in who and what we bring harm to along the way? How far would we go to destroy our rivals? And of what ilk would we be willing to ally ourselves too?

Just for reference, since we’re targeting more of the occult side of things in our game, some context from the book:

In the fantasy world of Blades in the Dark, supernatural powers exist—but they are not innate to human beings. Humans are mortal, material, flesh-and-blood creatures, just as the rest of the natural world. To wield arcane abilities, humanity must harness strange forces in various ways:
  • The control of spiritual energies and ghosts with pseudo-scientific techniques, known as Spectrology.
  • Ancient occult compacts to entreat demonic or other-worldly assistance, known as Rituals.
  • The distillation of weird chemical mixtures, known as Alchemy.
  • The fusion of these disciplines with technological engineering, known as Spark-craft.

So your saying there is a chance we can make some clockwork automatons fueled by spirits and alchemical concoctions?

You know! We are going to need a crew name, an origin, and a vague goal.

What we know of us so far:

We are all academics, or from the field thereof

We so far all wear masks

We are shadows, specializing in the subtler crimes. Theft, acquisition of intelligence, espionage, sabotage.

We have a desire to acquire forbidden knowledge and artifacts.

So where then do we lay? I would certainly not classify us as a force of good. But I would not say we are on the same low class as many a vile gang.

What is it we strive for? Fortune? Power through knowledge? Control? Infamy and notoriety?

And where we do draw the line in who and what we bring harm to along the way? How far would we go to destroy our rivals? And of what ilk would we be willing to ally ourselves too?

So your saying there is a chance we can make some clockwork automatons fueled by spirits and alchemical concoctions?
Yes. Some of the first questions you ask we will answer together and talk about as we fill out the crew sheet.

We will be doing that as a group so we can all discuss.

I didn't pick either of them. I chose infiltrator. I did mention that for some reason, the button next to it stopped working so I just highlighted the whole word.

Just want to add another quote here from the book. Attuning and occult is definitely an option I’m many situations. So, keep that in mind.

In addition, every living thing in the Shattered Isles has evolved a sensitivity to the invisible “other world” that presses always against the edges of perception—the strange dimension that erupted during the cataclysm, known as the ghost field. By focusing their mind in a certain way, a human can attune to the ghost field to perceive partially into it, to sense the echoes of real-world events captured in the field, or to make a connection to ghosts and spectral energy.

Some people see attunement as a normal part of life—a new human sense that is natural and advantageous. Others see attunement as a vile act, connecting with the dark forces that once destroyed the world, and who still lurk in the shadows, always ready to prey upon the unwary or power-hungry.

One thing is certain, the broken world will never be made whole again. The black void of the skies and seas, the psychic pressure of the ghost field, and the machinations of demons and cultists are now the way of things. Better to understand these strange forces than to be consumed by them.

Redoing some ideas and concepts currently. Wasn’t happy with what I was making, think I was relying far too much on some preexisting concepts which were much better than anything I was coming up with. Still here tho!

Redoing some ideas and concepts currently. Wasn’t happy with what I was making, think I was relying far too much on some preexisting concepts which were much better than anything I was coming up with. Still here tho!

Need any help brainstorming or sounding off ideas?

I feel I was leaning too hard into Jekyll and Hyde turf and that’s been done to death. So I’m kinda reorienting so my Leech will have already been down that path years ago and is now just sort of living as a more realized version of themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back