• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Crew (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I think there is a second thing we spend coin on for crew. One being for hunting grounds and I think another to do with status during upgrades.

With hunting groundsdown.

1 coin is nuetral, let's us operate with no up or down status.

2 coins give status +1

0 coins is status -1.

With upgrades.

When you assign your two upgrades, the GM will tell you about two factions
that are impacted by your choices:

One faction helped you get an upgrade. They like you, and you get +1 status
with them. At your option, spend 1 coin to repay their kindness, and take
+2 status with them instead.

One faction was screwed over when you got an upgrade. They don’t like you,
and you get -2 status with them. At your option, spend 1 coin to mollify
them, and take -1 status with them instead.

So in total, we have 2 coins to spend. Amd we can't pick the best of all.

If we want to get in Scurlocks best graces, then:

Pay 1 coin for territory for no status benefit. He helps us get an upgrade and we pay 1 coin for a +2 status. And this passes someone off and we get -2 with someone.

Or if we want to go quiet.

1 coin for Scurlock for no status in territory. Get an upgrade from him and +1 status from him cause he looks us. And we use the second coin to mollify the pissed faction so we only get a -1 status with them.
Yeah that was the first part. But it’s super helpful to break it down more. This is exactly correct.

We are going to have to accept that we aren't going to be friends with everyone.

Do we have any information about this guy prior to picking his area? Or are we going in blind?

No we won't be friends with everyone. I have a feeling we are going to make plenty of enemies.

But this is where tactics come in.

There is value in business to keeping the peace. Less gang fights that take our attention away or cut into profits.

Being so fledgling, we don't want to go around poking bears. A quiet start leads to survivability. Of which we can exploit to its fullest and gain enemies on OUR terms. Picking off the weakest until we get strong enough to fend for ourselves.

But going all in has its benefits. High risk high reward. We would have good friends to help protect us! And good friends come with good benefits. But good friends means more effort on our part to keep them good friends. As well, who we tie ourselves closely to, we may suffer the bad things that happen to them.

As the crew Spider, it is my job to think of these things :3 to always be prepared and look out for your best interests! To see problems from every angle and have you covered for every eventuality!

Vote Phineas Blackwater! He has you covered!

I'm fine with going all in. Maybe we learned something about Scurlock that made him an irrestable. Someone I can challenge wits with, someone rich and affluent, someone with some nice magical relics, and with plenty of forbidden knowledge. We got a tip off that lead to us wanting to make him our first long term project.

• He collects occult items
  • He’s a tier III faction all by himself
  • You’ve heard rumors he’s a vampire or a demon
  • He moved out of the Scurlock Manor in Six Towers to somewhere outside the lightning barriers
  • He still attends functions and balls and the like

If you try to steal from him. LOL. But that sounds like such fun.
It really does! Lol a couple of ants trying to befriend and betray a magnifying glass to destroy it its presence. If we pull it off, the backlash will be horrifying.

Hence why we need to plan and make sure it goes perfectly. Meaning three outcomes.

1. The resulting heist ends in Scurlocks true death.

2. Our gang completes the heist with no suspicion on us whatsoever. Either we are perfect ghosts or we are able to make it convincing pinned on another suspect in a way Scurlock has no way of tracing back to us.

3. We somehow gain a miraculous freedom from any sort of consequence. Via seriously powerful blackmail, he loves our audacity, we gain an even more powerful friend that he would dare move against us, etc.

It seems like a very fun endgame heist, though undoubtedly we have a long way to go before we attempt it. AKA we have to do the befriend part first, hah!

2 it is! Let me make the changes on the sheet.

Just FYI—I'm just going to use the fillable sheet. It's just so much easier to manage. Maybe after we're done with crew creation and/or have some play under out belts, I'll transcribe it into the actual post. For now, it will help me track stuff. If it becomes an issue to download it, let me know.

Give me a minute to get that sorted and then we'll go to the next step.

Upgrade time!

I'm am particularly partial to "everyone steals" to give us all a nice buff to those stats. I know I could really use a dot in prowl.

But also "slippery" might do us well too. Keep us nice and safe and untouchable.

Let’s say slippery, the more we can establish and dig in without issue, the more options we will have when that damn inevitably breaks

For me, it'd be either Everyone Steals, Pack Rats, or Slippery.

Ghost Echoes sounds interesting but I'm unsure how it would work in story.

I guess for slippery. What does it exactly mean to roll for entanglements? But being ghosts is definitely great.

Although everyone steals gives some of us the opportunity to have 3 dots in a stat, which could lead us to do some greater feats. Or some of us to fix some shortcomings. Which would be pretty good in early survivability.

I guess for slippery. What does it exactly mean to roll for entanglements? But being ghosts is definitely great.

Although everyone steals gives some of us the opportunity to have 3 dots in a stat, which could lead us to do some greater feats. Or some of us to fix some shortcomings. Which would be pretty good in early survivability.
Entanglements are issues or responsibilities that come calling after a score. They are worse as the amount of heat and wanted level increases.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back