Your hunting grounds are about 3-4 blocks. So that area can work just fine. And yes, we can put Scurlock Manor there for sure.
Makes sense! How much money do we start out with first? I'm assuming that through the RP we can gain more coin. Also, do we know anything about Lord Surlock and what kind of stuff he does?
- Pay them off. Give them 1 coin in exchange for giving you room to work.
- Pay the faction 2 coin as a show of respect and gain +1 status with them.
- Keep your money and take -1 status with that faction.
No, the territory is his. So, this is still how you handle him. The manor still is his, as well, still. He just no longer stays there.Are we talking about the Lord Scurlock or his progeny because the actual lord doesn’t live in the manor anymore and I don’t want to be getting into bed with the second fiddle thinking it’s the first.
Scurlock Manor. The Scurlock family came to Duskwall centuries ago and was once a great force in the city, before some curse or calamity befell their line. This tumble-down manor house and tangle of vines is all that remains of their original fortune. It’s said that a young nephew or cousin still resides there, but Lord Scurlock
himself has moved on to finer abodes.
That is the choice at hand. Are you moving into his territory without permission? Or did you pay him off to let you work in that area?For hunting grounds, are we choosing it to be allied with Lord Surlock? Or to rob from him?
I think we want access to that manor/that area, which is why we're in Lord Surlock's turf.
I vote that we pay him a coin to appease him.
Yes! But you haven’t YET! Perhaps it’s all a ploy to get closer to his manor. And what if you pull off such exquisite operation that he doesn’t find out it was you? Oh, this’ll be fun!Well, if Surlock is our ally, I wouldn't really think he would like us preying on his manor. But if there are other manors in the region, that's a different story.
This for sure.Well at this point rp and mechanics likely start bleeding together. As it deals with out intentions as a crew.
I think there is a second thing we spend coin on for crew. One being for hunting grounds and I think another to do with status during upgrades.This for sure.
Good question on the use of coin. For crew creation, you can spend coin to gain status with the faction that helped you get upgrades if you want more status with them.
In general in the game, you can spend coin for various things:
- Spend 1 coin to get an additional activity during downtime (page 153).
- Spend 1 coin to increase the result level of a downtime activity roll (page 153).
- Spend coin to avoid certain crew entanglements (page 150).
- Put coin in your character’s stash to improve their lifestyle and circumstances when they retire. See the next page.
- Spend coin when you advance your crew’s Tier (see page 44)."