• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Court of the Inferno, or, A Tale of Dragon Shifters

Selee-01

All according to my Scenario
139513D5-739B-478C-9D2A-176062FAA65E.jpeg

Dragonlords. Those few men and women to be blessed with the power to become fire-breathing demons at will.

The land of Urnova feared and dreaded the dragonlords for three hundred years. They were almost animals, swooping down upon a town or village to raid the sheepfolds or demand gold. A few demanded brides, for all dragonlords and ladies are born as humans before coming into their power.

However, two hundred years ago the dragonlord Bain, First of His Name, declared himself king of Urnova. He swept aside all opposition, and established the Royal Family to ensure his descendants would rule the great lands of Urnova for all time.

It is the Year 503, and King Loreon has begun to decline. Having no children of his own, his siblings, nieces and nephews will undoubtably war amongst themselves... playing a dangerous game in the Court of the Inferno.

Perhaps. Is there anything else we may know about this RP?
Well, what would you like to know?

Some things I can say right off the bat:
This’ll be a more political-oriented type of game, with lots of intrigue and plotting.
The dragon combat will be narrative for certain, loosely inspired by Apocalypse World with Advantages and Disadvantages you can gain or lose.
I may implement a system for the intrigue side of things.
You’ll likely be able to control two characters, if your character is married.
The story will have a definitive endpoint, namely, the seizing of the Throne and elimination of all challengers.
Alliances and PvP will occur, and PCs can die (however, this’ll be rare).

This seems right up my alley. I love political intrigue. I do have some questions, though:

Will we get a lore page to flesh out the setting (political structure and hierarchies, culture, technology level, etc.)?

Will all of us be playing as relatives of King Loreon? Will we all be able to turn into dragons? If not, what other character roles are available?

It sounds interesting so far; just very bare bones. If you're open to collaboration I could come up with some ideas to add to the worldbuilding.

This seems right up my alley. I love political intrigue. I do have some questions, though:

Will we get a lore page to flesh out the setting (political structure and hierarchies, culture, technology level, etc.)?

Will all of us be playing as relatives of King Loreon? Will we all be able to turn into dragons? If not, what other character roles are available?

It sounds interesting so far; just very bare bones. If you're open to collaboration I could come up with some ideas to add to the worldbuilding.
I’ll be working on a lore page, and I’ll get that up at some point soon.

All of you will be related to the King, and will be shifters. You technically don’t have to be, but otherwise you’d be out of several scenes and interactions.

I’d be happy to have help, feel free to PM me!

I’ll be working on a lore page, and I’ll get that up at some point soon.

All of you will be related to the King, and will be shifters. You technically don’t have to be, but otherwise you’d be out of several scenes and interactions.

I’d be happy to have help, feel free to PM me!
This sounds like an interesting concept.

Is there anything else of a magical bent to the setting other than dragon shifters, and, if you had to pick an RL year/era from history, what would be the closest equivalent to what this setting is like societally/technologically?

This sounds like an interesting concept.

Is there anything else of a magical bent to the setting other than dragon shifters, and, if you had to pick an RL year/era from history, what would be the closest equivalent to what this setting is like societally/technologically?
Year-wise, think... Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age, with iron swords becoming common. Like early Rome in many ways.

Magic is rare, more like ASOIAF than DND. Nobody’s going to be throwing around fireballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back