• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Counter-Modification Program

Does this seem cool?

• no not really i've seen cooler things before

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • delete this it's garbage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

azenva

never ask me for anything ever again
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
tl;dr
There's a zombie causing bioweapon and your OCs are genetically modified to be stronger than the average person or are basically kind of but not quite zombies and go outside to get things while trying to survive against stronk actual zombies while wearing cool armor and maybe shooting things if you want in post-apocalyptic Los Angeles because California pride, quest prefix is because it seemed the closest to what I was making because you guys decide what happens and where your characters go (i.e do they raid the enemy stronghold or stick to looting small places)

I had an idea, in that there was a zombie apocalypse involving some two part bioweapon or whatever that would be extremely lethal and have a chance to basically turn the host into a zombie (Infected) if they somehow survived (i picture this as some form of insanity, but also improving the host’s physical attributes like strength and toughness/survivability (harder to kill)). It started as a small experiment that managed to catastrophically fail, leaking out into the real world and killing basically everyone, leaving a few scattered survivors here and there, mostly in bunkers or extremely remote but self-sustaining areas, while people who didn’t die to it but became insane turned into Infected, as mentioned earlier. Anyways, this RP will take place in the future, when small cities have formed underground, but with the threat still lingering due to both idiots who went aboveground thinking it was safe and Scavenger units trying to loot the surface and failing. Our OCs will be part of the Scavenger units trying to get things ranging from food, weapons, people who managed to survive on the surface somehow (a stranded Scavenger crew, for example), extremely rare people who were infected, but managed to not fall to the insanity while still becoming much stronger, Infected corpses that could be studied to try and create a cure…or even to find the source of the weapon or where they operated out of.

A new program meant to combat the genetically engineered bioweapon and Infected was established in the largest and most prosperous city in North America, Clearden, (despite its location within the remnants of Los Angeles, a hotspot of Infected, due to the amount of potential loot in the city and how well defended it is), involving Scavengers and those who survived infection (People who survived infection have green/grayish skin because that’s a classic and also their bodies were weakened by the bioweapon, so their skin is basically permanently that color. This has led to discrimination) and are willing to participate undergoing modifications of their own and training to perform feats normal people wouldn’t be able to pull off at all easily, even being able to survive a few bites from Infected before needing treatment and many bites before immediately being Infected, along with being more likely to avoid dying or becoming an Infected (there’s a difference between “infected” and “Infected” that isn’t capitalization, infected are people who only just got, well, infected, and Infected are people who’ve gone insane), along with being able to use the full body mechanical armor (plus helmet because air filtration against a few Infected who gained the ability to release clouds of the bioweapon, maybe a built in HUD, and also it looks cool) that Scavenger cover units (Defenders) wear, providing extra protection from bites while still being fast enough to quickly gather things. The main draw is the powerful weaponry…except, no. Because the main purpose of Scavengers is to ignore the avengers part of scavengers and just gather loot, the main weaponry given to Scavengers, even within a program meant to increase the strength and power of Scavengers, is incredibly light and meant to defend rather than attack a stronghold of Infected. Unless, of course, they asked to try out being a hybrid of Scavenger and Defender, filling a new role deemed the Aggressor, combining carrying out some loot and their primary role of providing firepower and breaking through defensive positions set up by more intelligent Infected and a rare survivor who managed to disguise as an Infected. Obviously, your OCs are specifically part of this program.

I could come up with some extremely in depth detail about various things like how the cities fed the people in the city, the culture within the cities, the exact symptoms and transmission methods of the bioweapon, the economy of things, etc. If you guys really want this, I could explain to prove that this (excluding the Infected) could be real. However, I’d prefer to stick to explaining things that matter, like the layout of the city (i’ll post this in OOC), how a breach letting the bioweapon in would be dealt with (containment, separating and cremating dead bodies unless the family is against it, testing any survivors to see if they’re insane, killing them and again cremating the body to avoid spreading the disease, and administering further tests on any people who survived), how quickly a person can die or be converted, or how the Scavenger units work (they prefer to avoid risk by running into areas with few Infected with backup units at the ready, and run as parts of large "guilds” that control scavenger activities in certain areas to help avoid wasting units’ time by marking areas to be searched so units don’t spend time looting areas with nothing, along with spreading out resources evenly and figuring out how to defend scavengers because guns aren’t that effective, especially in close quarters, where a few bites can tear through the light body armor that scavengers have to wear to maximize speed and efficiency while still having protection faster than enough shots can be planted into an Infected’s head).

look at me saying useless details would be ignored then saying guns won’t work well even though i basically said that earlier, look at this complex block of text for something that’ll probably flop, and look at how much i use parentheses

pls respond with interest this took actual effort to think up and write and in my opinion, it's cool (my very biased opinion of course)

bump, i really want people to join this, i have the basics already prepped i just need people to join so the sheets don't just take up space

i apologize for the text block

It's kind of good, my only main problem is how you destroy the purpose of the armour so quickly.

Maybe i'm a bit out of place saying this BUT it's my opinion, wouldn't be a little more interesting if our characters got different abilities because the... Bioweapon, a virus i'm guessing, mutates differently on each surviving individual? This opens place for some cool bosses later. Also since the armour it's basically useless to defend us, why not making us inmune to the bioweapon? It's interesting since we could be outcasts bc people are afraid of us. We could still have some kind of ocular implant and earbuds or something to allow that futuristic squad vibe to prevail

It's any of that something you would approve?

hmm
bioweapon only matters if your character survived contracting it, although in terms of special mutations, sure, after all the bioweapon was a mistake. i think you may have mixed up the normal light armor (meant to protect against a few bites so the Scavenger can run away and get treatment or just carry things) with the mechanical armor that the members of the program wear, which will actually provide a lot of protection while still having the necessary mobility. immunity is already a thing for the survivors of the bioweapon (now dubbed WDE-54 because yes), however immunity as part of the modifications could be a potential trait looked into.

also, would you join this?

I would join as a survivor of the virus, that's why i'm asking if mutations are allowed (i'm not talking about mutations as seen in real life , more in the lines between resident evil and x-men) so that survivers have something cool for me (bc i'm not a physical attacker, never). I'm thinking on a vampiric kind of girl or something similars since i would keep it related to the death theme that the zombie genre is about, of course.

My character would refuse an armour, although weapons are welcomed

I would join as a survivor of the virus, that's why i'm asking if mutations are allowed (i'm not talking about mutations as seen in real life , more in the lines between resident evil and x-men) so that survivers have something cool for me (bc i'm not a physical attacker, never). I'm thinking on a vampiric kind of girl or something similars since i would keep it related to the death theme that the zombie genre is about, of course.

My character would refuse an armour, although weapons are welcomed
c o n s u m e t h e I n f e c t e d f o r t h e I n f e c t i o n H a m (although there's no physical attacking...sad infection ham noises)

sure, certain mutations are allowed, and would most likely occur, and because this isn't real life, the mutations don't have to be realistic

as for armor, they'd have to have a good reason to not wear it because of how strong the Infected are, maybe just not a helmet or just a partial helmet so the bite is possible (if you want, because you mentioned having some sort of vampiric trait, so i processed it as that)

Hm... I wasn't thinking about eating zombies... But it's kind of cool. I'll do it! Since eating them could work to further enhance her mutation.

Maybe a partial armor? With no helmet. I'll be ok with that. She would be a long range attacker

i am finally getting people joining my rps, hurrah. we just need a few more people to express interest in joining and i can post the character sheet and stuff, then repost vic as my character but with some changes

long range aggressor with a side of fresh infection ham, coming up

yay, we have 3 people on board including me. gonna go make the thread and hope other people join, unless the other members of the program are NPCs/extra OCs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back