• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Cordon Facility (INTEREST CHECK)

Svisttt

trash~
It all began 30 years ago.

A boy arrived at the hospital in critical condition, caught up in a car accident. Drunk driver, police said. His parents didn't make it. He'd be lucky if he was to survive by morning. Medical staff rushed in and out of the room, doing what they could, until one noticed...

His skin was stitching itself back together.

It was the first documented instance of... by all means, a miracle. More reports came in from all over the country. This anomaly wasn't about to go away, wasn't about to be swept under the rug. All the cases had one thing in common- children developing supernatural abilities in response to a traumatic event.

-~*~-

Hello! I'm Svist, or Vi, or whatever you want to call me, I really don't mind. This isn't really finished yet, it's honestly based off a fanfiction for a musical of all things that I thought would be fun for an RP! I wasn't really sure if anyone would really be interested in it and I'm a little scared to work on something that might never work, y'know?

Essentially, over the decades, the government has developed facilities meant to house Patients, (the aforementioned kiddos) these places essentially acting as a hospital-boarding school of sorts. Shenanigans ensue, and something lurks beneath the polished surface.

You are a Patient, either new or old, in the Cordon Facility in Seattle, one of only a few establishments in the country. Life as you know it will never be the same.

questions and thoughts are appreciated!! <3

( Wynnox Wynnox = best helper)

Last edited:
INTERESTED!~ :3 *cough* I mean I wasn't lurking in the group rp check and jumped on this //0-0

Okay! Um, I'm glad to see that some people would be interested should this come to, y'know be a thing <3 It's certainly inspired me to get on it. Wynn and I are still fleshing out a few things, so if any of you have anything you'd like to see happen let us know! ideas are very much appreciated

oh! I've never heard of it to be honest-- the person I got the idea from might've, though (I asked if it was alright before doing this, no worries <3) what is it?
It's a grimdark superhero web story in which people get superpowers from bad things happening to them.

Ooh... definitely interested!

Would this be more of a sandbox RP? And how likely do you think combat is in the RP?

This holds a lot of potential. Interested to see where it goes.

Gonna peek my head in here. Hello!

it's been too long <3

Alrighty! Thank you so much to everyone who's expressed interest! This was a bit of an impromptu thread as I've said, so I'm not 100% sure where to take this. It's a thing of... I know what I want to do with the setting, just not what I want to do in it. Or, what you guys would want to do in it. You know? I've got a few basic ideas, but nothing completely ironed out.

My favorite RPs have always been those where the story is very player driven, so I can at the very least say I'll be trying my best to provide that if and when I can get this going <3

it's been too long <3

Alrighty! Thank you so much to everyone who's expressed interest! This was a bit of an impromptu thread as I've said, so I'm not 100% sure where to take this. It's a thing of... I know what I want to do with the setting, just not what I want to do in it. Or, what you guys would want to do in it. You know? I've got a few basic ideas, but nothing completely ironed out.

My favorite RPs have always been those where the story is very player driven, so I can at the very least say I'll be trying my best to provide that if and when I can get this going <3
I get it! But, if you want the advice from someone who's seen a lot of RP's and DND campaigns...

First, keep things moving. Do new things to keep the players interested, and give them plenty of things to interact with. In roleplays this is slightly less crucial, especially in sandbox RPs, because usually the players will entertain each other.

Second, take initiative. If someone stops being active, don't hesitate to send them a message or, in extreme cases, put their character up for adoption.

And third, and I think you will find this most fitting to your situation, if you need ideas feel free to find someone to Co-GM with you. They can not only help manage some of the rabble, but they can definitely brainstorm with you and give you bonus ideas for new shit.

All in all, this is a cool RP idea that I for one am excited for! I hope my advice helps ;D

Too long, indeed!

I'll have of some ideas! It's super late.. or, really early in the morning, I should say. I'll sleep on it!

Some questions came to me and I guess the first I should ask is what are some guidelines and rules for character creation?

Of course there's the obligatory "Don't be OP" but what are some things you're looking for or would rather have excluded specifically?

Also how many powers can a character have and if multiple should they fall under an umbrella strength, speed & durability/telepathy, empathy & telekinesis?

I'm not gonna be too strict with what you can and can't have with your character, all I'm gonna ask is that they be between 9 and and 17, and they aren't just an edgy sonic OC if y'know what I mean. Angst here is good! It's encouraged, but don't let that be your whole character, if that makes sense. They're all still people.

Power wise, I'd like to keep it to one per character. Something like the Quirk system from BNHA feels like a good base of what I'm looking for if you're familiar with it <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back