• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Configuration - The Dygarian Mansion - [CLOSED]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ajax's smile of encouragement fell. Though the corners of his mouth were upturned still, his expression had noticeably shifted-- From acceptance, to disappointment. It wasn't necessarily against his made-up rules to have someone else do the job. However this was a test of loyalty, and by his accounts, Drevis had failed. Whatever pluck he had seen within his spawn had now faded from his eyes, albeit temporarily. He would remember that.

"Very well. Suspect B, ladies and gentlemen!"

Once more the crowd engaged in their usual requested applause, fervently clapping as the Forebear left Drevis' side and stepped out of the way for the final act. They all silenced with his raised fist, and once bullets flew, there seemed to be a deadly whisper among them-- As if they spoke too loud, the Devil himself would hear.

Seemingly amused, Ajax strides over to the other side of the stage to retrieve his gun with little more than the same plastic smile. Using the handkerchief of his suit, he wipes off any blood, and returns the silvery bird to its velvet pouch.

"We're very fortunate to have those willing to help us, aren't we?" He says to the newbloods, gesturing to all of them with both hands. But then as his eyes fell on Drevis, his words appeared to take a.. slightly different undertone; One of disinterest and plainness.

"..Be thankful for that, because there will come a day where no one is there to help you. Suddenly you're standing in a pool of someone else's blood, with the knowledge it was you who was responsible. For your sake, I hope that's a burden you're well-equipped to bear."

He turns back to the eager crowd and walks over to the freshly dead human and his living counterpart. Suspect C had seemed to faint from the pure adrenaline of the situation, his body slumped and head hung back in his seat. With one hand, and an accompanying drum roll from the theaters speakers, Ajax removed the covering from Suspect C's head. There, written across the forehead in dramatic red lettering was the word..

Accomplice

The crowd gasps. Ajax chuckles to himself and, with his other hand, removed the second covering from the dead victim. The bullets had done a gruesome number on the mans face, but luckily the writing was still in tact..

Murderer

"Well, it looks like Drevis' theory was only half correct," He says with a charming smile. Ajax strides over to the table, picking up one of the several evidence papers-- The timeline. After giving it a quick glance-over, he tosses it back onto the table, and raises a finger in the air.

"Suspect B arrived at the ranch at 5:30 in the morning. Thanks to young Drevis here, we know that a simple argument sparked the spontaneous murder. However, was it really that spontaneous? Sure, the murder weapon wasn't pre-meditated, but that doesn't mean the murder wasn't."

Ajax begins to pace the stage, his hand dragging across the two bodies heads before continuing..

"..Suspect C, on the other hand, didn't call the police until 11, but we know he arrived at the ranch at 8:30. Why did it take him so long to contact the authorities, you might be wondering? Simple. He was making it appear as though he were searching for the victim, when in reality he knew he was already dead."

Another dramatic gasp comes from the crowd.

"We know from the previous night, Suspect B had stopped by a local convenience store, where he just so happened to run into Suspect C. Suspect C enlisted his uncle for help the following morning to rid the world of the one man that has troubled them both for years, asking to do the deed in secret. You see, Suspect C wanted to stand up to his controlling father, but knew he was too weak and spineless to do so. Who more grateful to help him than his desperate, dying uncle-- The only other man with ample motive and a deep seeded hatred for the victim."

He pauses for a moment, his smile dropping completely, "Of course, this evidence is purely circumstantial. We have no way of uncovering the nature of their conversation that night. Because of this, we must rely purely on motive-- Something both Suspects had."

A third set of curtains at the back of the stage rises, and behind them sat what appeared to be a series of clothing racks, a wide assortment of suits and dresses hanging in sparkling glory. There were no two suits, no two dresses, nor pairs of shoes that were alike-- Everything was one of a kind. That must add to the hefty pricetag.

Ajax holds a beaming smile,
"I know I said there was no material prize for guessing correctly, however I couldn't help myself. Take your picks-- There's enough here for everyone. They're yours. Changing rooms are just off the side of the stage there."

With his reveal now complete, he steps behind the unconscious Suspect C. Without hesitation, or look of contemplation, Ajax wraps his cold, dead hands around the mans head and, with one violent crack, he snaps the mans neck; Effectively killing him. Thus ends his game. As if this was their final cue, one last time did the servants come from the sides of the stage, hauling away the two corpses. At least, if anything, he died in his sleep.

"Our newbloods, ladies and gentlemen!" He says with a grandiose gesture of his palm. Again the crowd cheers, standing to their feet in admiration.

"Welcome to the family!" they all roared.

"..And welcome to the future." Said Ajax.

The lights brighten. Everyone begins filing into the two sets of double doors leading back into the main foyer. Some faces are recognizable as they pass; It looked like everyone's drivers were here, watching the entire show with despondent, detached faces. Jack, in particular, wore a look of urgency; As if he had been forgetting something important this entire time. He quickly pushed his way through the departing crowd toward the exit, never to be seen again. Huh.

The newbloods weren't the only ones who had clear objection to the forsaken morality; Many faces within the sea of supernatural bodies wore similar looks of shock, disgust, and abject horror, with very few having ones of seemingly genuine pleasure. They moved in a collective, and as Ajax joined them, they parted before him, offering him a pathway directly to the hallway feeding back into the foyer. Like Moses splitting the Red Sea. A servant was quick to appear at his side, thrusting into his palm a tall glass of red. There were others, too, walking about with silver trays in hand.

So many questions. In truth, they had no reason to believe anything about the game was true. Were the suspects really those accused of murder, but ultimately never convicted? Or were they feeble humans, simply caught in a tangled mess of wrong place and wrong time? Or Ajax himself-- Was this really all for his and the others entertainment? Or had they just unknowingly participated in disposing of his enemies, disguised as frontier justice?

It looked like the ones who potentially held the answers were the ones standing in this very mansion, though none of them attempted to question the events that had taken place. At least, not out loud. Instead they all separated into their own private groups, talking among themselves over the lilting tunes of an oblivious quartet...

((your characters are free to pick any kind of clothing they like-- Formal or otherwise. This thread will serve as the 'foyer' thread. everyones characters will start here, and if you like, branch off into the other three. remember: one at a time in the library, please!))

Those in the foyer: Leone, Emma + Daedric, Ajax + Marcus, Lance, Winona

Reis Reis Damafaud Damafaud SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Sacrosanctus Sacrosanctus Vampunk Vampunk

Kitchen - Library - Office

Last edited:
. rachel_boston2_edit.jpg

Once the audience and all the newbloods were dismissed Lyra wandered over to the clothing racks. She was eager to get out of her dirty clothes and she wanted to see Leone again so she hastily picked a classic red evening gown with a gemmed belt and went to change. Once she was in her dress she picked a few accessories, a necklace with a single pearl on it, and pearl earrings. Before heading out to the foyer she looked at herself in one of the dressing room mirrors one last time and attempted to comb her hair with her fingers. She stared at herself, she was pale and felt sick to her stomach.

As hard as she tried to stand tall and strong, two men were just killed. That was the first time she had ever witnessed death. She thought those kinds of scenes were only seen on TV in horror movies or dramatic TV shows but she now just lived it. Lyra took a deep breath and headed out to the foyer. She noticed servants serving other guests glasses of blood, Ajax talking to another man.. perhaps one of his business partners, a member of his bloodline or even another leader in this messed up vampire cult. She looked around for her fellow newbloods but she couldn't find them at the moment, perhaps they were still changing or they went to explore other parts of the mansion.

She continued scanning the room until she found the familiar man that drove her to the mansion - Leone. She walked up to him and attempted to speak.

"H... hey it's um.. it's good to see you again. I.. um.. uh.." Lyra tried to form a sentence with her words but she was shaking and small droplets of tears began to cascade down her cheeks. Lyra would wipe her face off with her arm. "I'm sorry." she took a deep breath as she tried to calm down. "Did this happen to you too? When you were turned?"

Leone was residing in a nearby corner by himself, a half empty wine glass in hand. His posture-- Arms crossed, head down-- indicated that his mood was.. less than chipper. He heard footsteps approaching; When he looked up to see his would-be daughter, he gave a small, sympathetic smile. In this lighting, Lyra was able to get a better look at him. He wasn't unattractive, but definitely on the more scruff side of appearances, with blonde stubble and shaggy hair.

"Hey," He said softly, "It's.. good to see you too. You look.. really nice."

When the girl broke out in tears, Leone's face contorted into an expression of pained empathy. He reached out to touch her, perhaps pull her into a hug, but stopped himself, slumping back against the wall and drawing further into himself. He avoided eye contact, swirling the thick substance in his glass.

"Don't apologize. This shouldn't have happened." He forced a melancholy sigh out of his non-functioning airways.

"..Yeah, I, uh.. I did this once. Long time ago. Back then, we didn't have the.. technology.. you guys do. It meant we had to really.. yknow.. examine things ourselves."

Leone shakes his head. It doesn't sound like those are memories he recalls fondly.

SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines

Last edited:
Lyra nodded. She could tell that his initiation was just as unpleasant as hers was. She'd move to stand next to him, her back against the wall as she watched the other guests at the mansion get glasses of blood and socialize with each other. She watched Ajax specifically, curious in seeing what he was like in large groups of people. It seemed like the vampire community really respected him or feared him, and he almost seemed to be the center of that universe.

Unlike him and some of the other vampires she encountered, Leone was different. He seemed to have some sort of moral compass and was not happy to be here, but had to be in obligation to his forebear. Mysteriously, Adrian was not there. You'd think all the forebears would be at this initiation ceremony but they weren't. Perhaps Adrian had other business to attend to? It was hard telling. As much as she wanted to ask Leone about Adrian she wasn't sure if that was a great idea, especially since on the car ride over it was clear that he wasn't too fond of Adrian or thought he was dangerous. Either way, there was some reason why he didn't want Lyra near him.

She tried to think of a more positive subject, even if it was just a temporary distraction from what had just happened. She'd smile weakly at him as she eventually thought up something to say.

"So tell me about yourself. What did you do before you were turned into a vampire? I wanted to study theology and religion in graduate school but my mother passed away and gave me her flower shop.. so I decided to run that instead."

She shrugged at him. "I'm still not completely sure how this community works but maybe I could do something involving plants and flowers again. Maybe Ajax would want a landscaper or gardener for his mansion when Spring comes around."

Last edited:
From across the room, Ajax was nonchalantly conversing with a man similar in height and in stature. He had a salt and pepper beard, with lightly tanned skin and silver hair. He noticeably stood out from the rest of the young, wiry group of immortals surrounding them. The two appeared to be engaged in a riveting conversation, both taking time to laugh and interject at different points. It looked like they were old friends.

Leone however, when questioned about his history, appeared to be caught off guard. He brushes a stray hair from his forehead, gesturing with one hand as he speaks, "..I was, uh, a monk for this.. religious group. They died out like, a hundred years or so ago.." He shuffles his footing, taking an awkward sip from his glass. He wasn't used to someone taking interest in his past. Usually, he was the one asking questions like this.

"..I'd like to think we're pretty normal," He gives Ajax a side-eye, "Well, most of us anyway. It's pretty confusing at times but, you'll get the hang of things pretty quickly. We all did."

Leone turned his head to look at her, "Religion, huh? You believe in God?"

Lyra's smile got a little bigger and her body loosened up as she calmed down and slowly became more comfortable with the party. She even took a glass of blood as a servant walked by the two of them with a silver tray, she felt a little hungry and quickly figured out that food wasn't going to help that anymore. She'd stir the liquid as she thought of what to say. "Oh so a monk? That's pretty neat. I actually thought about being a nun after I graduated high school but decided to go to college instead."

She nodded thoughtfully. "Yes... or at least I thought I did. Ever since being changed my whole world view has been questioned. I'm not really sure anymore, I want to believe in God. I always thought that he blessed me with a great life, loving parents, a great home life, a good education. But you know maybe being turned as a vampire is God's way of challenging me, to ensure that I'm the best that I can be. Maybe the same happened to you, it seems like you're still a good person after all you've been through."

She'd take a small sip of her blood. "Either way, I'm happy we crossed paths despite the circumstances. I know you're the one who got me into this mess but I don't blame you and we'll work through this together." she awkwardly raised her glass as if she was going to toast but she couldn't think of anything to toast to. "To um.. the future?" she chuckled a bit in embarrassment since she couldn't think of a better toast to say. In that moment she noticed a few vampires walking up and down the stairs. She wondered if maybe she could explore the mansion before she would have to leave, getting as much information as she could was one of her goals after all.

Leone didn't know how to respond to that. It was ironic; Religion was so intertwined in their lives, and yet the person who was now Lyra's grandfather was anything but godly. He wasn't religious at all, and guessing by the.. general state of things.. he figured it was safe to say there wasn't any higher power here. But something about her sentiments touched him. If anything, he could appreciate why people subscribe to such dogmas in the first place. It was a comforting idea.

But as touching as her words were, they were equally as morbid. What kind of god allows things like this to happen? To let people like Ajax hold significant power? To destroy the lives of innocents? Truthfully, Leone was like her once; Clinging onto the last vestige of his faith. It didn't take long before he abandoned it. Though, he could think of at least one person that held religion in high regard..

He smiled solemnly, his eyes trailing down to his feet, "I.. appreciate that."

His smile fell when she mentioned that it was his fault, though she held no grudge. It pained him to hear. A part of him wanted her to be angry; To yell at him and call him a monster. That's how he saw himself, after all-- A mindless monster blindly following the will of his master.

"I know you don't. I just wish I hadn't. None of you deserve this. I'll try to help in any way I can, but.." He simply raises his glass to hers, tapping it slightly, "..the future isn't really something I'm looking forward to."

Last edited:
"Well I appreciate the help... and even if the future is bleak, we'll get through it. And I'll try to help you as much as I can as well." she looked back at the staircase before looking back at Leone. "Hey before we head out I think I'm going to check out the manor a bit, maybe try to find Hector. I know he's a strong guy but I bet shooting someone can really um... take a lot out of you. I'll see you in a bit." She'd give Leone a quick, tight hug before heading in the direction of the staircase. Within mere seconds she was already lost in the crowd.

As she reached the second floor and moved further away from the foyer, the halls became less and less crowded with guests. She then reached a part of the manor where she was for the most part alone, aside from a few vampires who weren't paying attention to her and mostly conversing with themselves.

She raised an eyebrow at a large ornate door that was partly open and peeked inside. It appeared to be an office of some kind. Lyra quietly snuck past the door, curious to explore what was behind it.

(Exits the scene)

"..Yeah, I can imagine.. Just be careful, you never know who might be watching." Leone's eyes trailed from Ajax, to the man he was talking to, to the series of servants bustling about.

Suddenly, the girl threw herself into his arms for a hug. He was shocked-- After everything that happened, this girl wanted his affection..? He awkwardly returned the gesture, one hand resting on the back of her head while the other patted her back. This was certainly new for him.

Then, she departed as quickly as she arrived. A part of him wanted to follow her, maybe continue their conversation, but he had the gut feeling that the man of the house wouldn't appreciate that. Besides, that Hector guy seemed.. capable enough. She didn't need him to protect her.

Leone went back to sipping his drink in silence, eyes locked on the floor.

Lucas cast one last look at Drevis before making his way to the clothesline. He knew it was irrational, but he couldn't help but feel contempt for the man. The lawyer dramatically revealed his thoughts on the murder with such confidence, yet he was unable to finish off the very man he sentenced to death. That alone was bad enough, but the fact that he was only half right? After being so confident, after blatantly disrespecting the condemned killer, only to realize that his confidence stemmed from a mere half an answer...If Drevis simply let go of his mistake without the slightest hint of regret, Lucas would see him as the type to abandon the weak--even when he was the very reason they were powerless in the first place.

When Lucas arrived at the changes in clothing, he couldn't help but scowl. None of these clothes seemed worth wearing at all. They were too flashy, too overtly luxurious. Wearing the vampire's clothes would make him feel like a true part of their community. But becoming similar to those blood-suckers was the very last thing he wanted. So far, vamps seemed manipulative, bourgeoisie, and flat out creepy. Besides, he would honestly rather die again than walk around in such stuffy clothing.

He sighed. He wasn't about to start overthinking something simple like clothes. He simply decided to throw on the first thing that looked like it would fit him. After entering the changing room, Lucas emerged wearing a dark blue sweater with a light blue button-up shirt underneath, black pants, and a simple pair of dress shoes. The clothes were ultimately just barely meeting the typical vampire's standards, though they were almost a bit too average-looking for such a fancy party as this one.

Lucas watched as the other newly-turned vampires mingled with the crowd. It confused him; why were people so eager to diffuse in places like this? It didn't sound very wise to split up so abruptly like this. It was almost as if someone were intentionally separating them, and they were all playing into their hands...

Lucas shook his head. Even if there was someone trying to somehow make them all more vulnerable than they already were, it was too late to do anything about it now. Since he felt lame standing around next to the clothes, Lucas scanned the crowd for familiar faces. The hope was that they weren't gonna suddenly look up at him with a terrifying bone mask staring into the depths of his soul. Feeling only slightly concerned about his paranoid thoughts, Lucas drifted over to the redhead who drove him to the mansion.

"Hey, um...you're the one who brought me here. Emma, right?"

mothspit mothspit

Emma had been hanging on the arm of a large, tan man clad in leather for most of the evening. He didn't look like anyone Lucas had spoken to previously, but from the way she was fawning over him, laughing at every other word he said, it was clear the two were in some sort of romantic relationship. It was unclear what they were speaking about, but whatever the case, it didn't look like she was really listening, anyway..

She stood out from the other gaggle of women at the party. Her lime green dress was adorned with sparkling crystals, and now that Lucas was looking at her under the lights of a well-lit area, as opposed to a dark car with a mask of bones, she was.. undeniably beautiful. Petite features alongside an average, curvy frame, and knee-length red curls bouncing with every hearty laugh.

The man she clung to wasn't necessarily the definition of handsome, but carried himself with an air of confidence that was very much palpable. Maybe that was why she was with him. Regardless, she noticed Lucas approach them both, and she greeted him with a beaming smile.

"That's right,"
She lilted smoothly, "My, look at you! Much better than those old rags, no?"

She reached out to touch his collar, fingers tracing over where his collarbones would be underneath the fabric.

"Emma is merely shorthand; My true name is Emmulsia. Pleasure."

She offered the back of her hand to him, as if she were beckoning him to kiss it. The man at her side stared him down with little regard, eyes trailing from him to the opposite wall with no more than a shrug.

Reis Reis

drevis-modern-jpg.487147

Drevis Senade
Foyer
Conversing; relieved

Interaction: Sacrosanctus Sacrosanctus
Mention: mothspit mothspit
Latest-Coat-Pant-Designs-Red-Formal-Men-Suit-Blazer-Prom-Marriage-Stage-Gentle-Simple-Tuxedo-Custom.jpg
Ajax Dygarian's theory shattered, his, but Drevis didn't mind. It was the best he could put together with the information he had on hand and he couldn't care less about the death of Suspect C; he already saved Suspect A. For someone at the bottom of the ladder of vampire hierarchy, it was a deed admirable enough he gave himself a pat on the back. Besides, the edge of his mouth curled upward as he watched the reaction of the crowd with amusement, it was more of giving a good show than picking out the right culprit.

Another reason he wasn't mad he got it wrong: he was supposed to be wrong to give Ajax Dygarian the chance to one-up him and steal the spotlight. He had a hunch that if he stated Suspect C was an accomplice, Ajax would still tell a different story to the crowd. One thing he could say for certain about his progenitor, he loved the attention as much as Drevis loved the acknowledgement.

The aftermath was easier to dealt with. Ajax Dygarian killed Suspect C like someone swatting a mosquito dead, and he got to pick new clothes--about time he did. Blood stain did not convey the image he wanted. He would consider a subtle blotch or two if he was to take a Hannibal persona in the future. Drevis picked a formal three piece suit. A dark red blazer and trouser with white shirt. He considered using his old red tie, but he decided to use a black tie instead. Shoes? Light brown, matching shade with his belt. Sock was a bit more difficult, be he decided to go for black, matching his shirt.

The number of socialites in the foyer was beyond his expectation. Women in formal dress, men in suit, looking every part of the crowd he usually met in high end social networking events and the likes. Except it was a party, everyone was more relaxed, and everyone had more in their mind than something as simple as business opportunity. Also, he was a rabbit in a sheepland and he rather stayed uninvolved until he got a better reading of who was what.

A completely new crowd. While he walked slowly about, trying not to look as out of place as he did, there were few people he could strike up a conversation with. Ajax Dygarian was one, but seeing how he was treated by others, going up straight to him would be a social suicide. Then there was Daedric. He gave Drevis a pause. He could went up to him, asking him to fill him in on matters related to the vampire society. If he was nice enough, maybe he would consider Drevis an acquaintance. A good start, if any.

Daedric it is, he thought to himself.

While he walked through the water of conversations and idle talk, his eyes met another figure. Katya. Her impression on him should be bad, Drevis thought bitterly. A bastard, maybe. Perhaps a total jerk. Sexist? Could be. He contemplated his choice. He could still head for Deadric, giving his thanks for taking him there and subtly ask for the image he had on his earlier performance. An alternative would be to meet up with Katya, apologise, and smooth over any bad impression he could have built. If he cared enough. Which he surprisingly did.

Drevis turned on his feet, making way toward Katya instead. The more he thought of it, the more justified he felt about his choice. The girl was as alone as he was, with less composure. Coupled with her economical background (which, he could say with certainty, was not of the wealthy), she was a fish out of water.

"Feeling all right, Miss Katya?"
He called her name with a smile once he got close enough.

"Let me start by saying I'm sorry for any insults I dished out ealier. I was on the edge and I took it out on you. That was not a reason to justify my behaviour, so once again, I apologise."

The first time Katya watched as a man was killed, it was something tragic. The killer acted out of necessity, out of his need for survival. This was something she could justify, something she could sympathize with. She was able to place aside all the crimes of the person who died and mourn for them, and she could forgive the man who did the killing.

The second time Katya watched as a man was killed, she felt herself swell with numbness. The harsh, disgusting snap of a man's neck being broken opened her eyes to life's true cruelty and futility. Ajax had discarded a man's life as though it were nothing. There had been no hesitation; there was no room for tragedy or forgiveness. A living being was perfectly alive in one moment, and in one motion he had been instantly killed. It was as simple as stomping a small bug underneath Katya's feet.

It was unnerving to know that her own life was just as fragile.

Katya scoffed at Ajax's 'prize'. All this death, this meaningless cruelty, and their compensation was a fancy new outfit? She watched as her new 'family' dispersed, herding like cattle by Ajax's command. She hated having to go along with everyone else, this feeling of being powerless. Regardless, she was now apart of this den of monsters, and decided to play along with the other newbloods when she picked up some new clothes.

Despite the circumstances, a new outfit did turn out to be a small relief. Katya knew she had it better than most since her death had been relatively clean, but either way she didn't exactly enjoy wearing the same clothes for several days straight. She dressed as simply as she could manage with the glamorous selection, going for a navy blue skirt with its bottom fabric carved into a simplistic pattern matched with a white blouse. Once she exited one of the changing rooms on the stage, she entered the midst of the other vampires, making her first priority to avoid standing out. She eyed her fellow newbloods as they traveled around, and she wondered if she'd stalk one of them as she learned the layout of the land. Before she could start navigating the terrain, Drevis approached her. She responded to his initial question with "Well, I'm still alive aren't I?" She regretted her words. A bleak reminder of their reality. It was so dreamlike, it was hard to believe any of this real.

She was slightly surprised by Drevis's genuine show of concern, though she was getting used to the idea that he was rather full of surprises. Katya briefly considered that he was manipulating her, trying to string her along only to say something that'd piss her off the moment she was vulnerable. She immediately reconsidered. Her first impression of him may not have been so great, but Katya saw enough of Drevis's actions to see that he was quite an amazing guy when she really got down to it. He must have felt just as terrified as she was about their earlier situation - that much was clear from the way he let the Venezuelan handle the death sentence - and yet he showed an air of confidence as he shouldered the weight of deciding who the victim was. However much of an asshole he was, he was also undeniably brave and dependable. Besides, it was impossible for her to hate him if he went out of his way to apologize like that.

Still, it was far too tempting to be at least a little reciprocal of his first impression.

"The mighty Drevis, showing humility? This is a moment to remember. Still, since you apologized so thoroughly I guess I'll just have to forgive you." Again, Katya regretted her words. She realized she was kind of being a dick. Was she going too far? Did she have the tone of ingenuine banter she was going for, or was she actually hurting him? She decided to drop the sarcasm and say something a little more indicative of her true feelings.

"Also...well...u-um, it's not like I'm grateful to you or anything, but thanks. You chose the right victim, you didn't get it completely right but...you looked cool, and uh...thanks."

As her long trail of stuttering over her words went along, the volume of Katya's voice slowly decreased until she was talking in a whisper. Her body seemed to shrink down, and her palms hid the embarrassed expression on her face. Since when did she feel so embarrassed when complimenting someone? Katya figured she wasn't too well trained for sending words of gratitude given the kind of toxic household she grew up in, but she thought she'd be able to pull it off without looking so awkward. For the first time, she was actually grateful she was no longer truly alive; as an ordinary human her face would be colored in beet red. Before she could seriously die from embarrassment, she suddenly stopped hiding from behind her hands and tried to redeem herself. She shifted back to her natural state and forgot everything she said earlier about him being amazing.

"Don't get full of yourself, you're still an idiot you know! Stupid!" Realizing her outburst must have grabbed the attention of all of the vampires nearby, she made a beeline for the closest exit from the foyer before Drevis could respond.

Five days.

It's been five days since you were killed. Try as you might, you still don't fully understand why. You weren't special, it just as easily could have been someone else, right? Maybe that's why. Because you weren't special. Who knows. Regardless, what time you had to yourself -- and you had a lot of that lately -- you had spent locked in the bedroom of your new home. You woke here; The last thing you remember being an intense, violent rage, and an urge for blood before blacking out again.

When you came to your senses in a room you didn't recognize, you realized all of your personal items-- phone, wallet, I.D. -- had all been confiscated. You had nothing to your name but the.. tattered, bloody clothes on your back. How comforting.

You were treated well enough in the meantime; Small bowls of blood being pushed under your door to keep you fed. Yet, you had no direct contact with anyone for the past week. You thought about running. Why wouldn't you? But that would be suicide, wouldn't it? You didn't know these people. You didn't know what they were capable of. And even if you did, could you take them? No. It was clear who held the power here.

You've been told that, eventually, you'll have some.. great power unique to you. You suppose, there's one good thing that came out of all this.

You tried to sleep; To will time to quicken with your absence. But sometimes, if you listened very carefully, you could hear the faint screams of those in agony in the middle of the night..

Though, something felt.. off. You had heard through the door that tonight was the night of some random party-- You even saw a car leaving without you through the window. ..Did they forget about you? After what felt like several hours, someone had finally come to collect you-- You didn't see the face of the one who pushed you into the car, but you get the feeling they were just bodyguards, anyway. Just outside the window, the midnight moon greets your longing face. Snow collects on the edge of the window, and with one finger, you start tracing little sad faces in the fog. You've been handling this new life better than most, they would say through the door. Truth be told, you didn't know if that was a good thing. Vampires? It all felt so.. surreal. You still weren't sure how to react.

The car chugs along a forested pathway, until eventually reaching what looked like a gravel driveway, coated in a white blanket of snow. When you looked up, the sudden change in terrain jerking your senses back to reality, there you saw the mansion. It stood high in it's glory, snarling lion statutes and pouncing stone gargoyles guarding it's entrance.

Jack, blue eyes and rounded features staring into the rear view mirror with a sheepish smile, finally figured out what was so important that he had forgotten. Nolan sat in the back seat of his car, and as the two trekked through snow-covered streets as quickly as they could, he stifled a series of uncomfortable chuckles. Ajax was going to have his head for this, surely. It didn't look like he noticed on stage, but anyone with half a brain was sure as hell going to notice an extra newblood just appearing out of thin air. Nice going, dude.

"I'm.. really sorry. I swear, this has never happened before. It's rare when we get more than a handful of people, especially within the same week.." He curses himself under his breath, "My name is Jack-- Daedric was the one who turned you. You'll get the chance to meet him, it's just.."

He laughs nervously, using a free hand to rub the back of his neck, "You kind of.. missed the opening ceremony.. but ah, that's honestly kind of a good thing? I don't think you'd want to see what happened, anyway.."

He nods towards the entrance of the mansion.

"You can talk to Ajax about getting you some new clothes, and I'm sure the other newbloods won't mind making friends. Just, ah.. don't tell him about this, okay? Haha.. seriously please don't."

Drakenbane Drakenbane

((you can leave parting words for you driver if you like, the links for the other threads is at the bottom of the first post of this page. :) ))

Nolan would say very little during the car ride. He would mostly be looking out the window until they arrived at their location. All that really processed in his mind was that he was brought back as a vampire and his sire was apparently someone named Daedric. His eyes were on the snow. But it wasn't the snow he was used to back in his homeland. It didn't smell right. He sighed.

"Aight..."

As the car ground to a stop and the door was opened, he would slowly walk out. Jack would mention clothes to him. He did look rather...ragged. His time in the streets of Ireland left little to be desired of his look: worn jeans, a stained white button up and an old vest. It definitely reminded him of his old circumstances. But...standing before him was a possible opportunity. He had been brought back from the dead, something that was constantly reminded him with a piercing headache from the bullet wound in the side of his head. Turning to Jack, he dipped his head in a thankful bow and attempted to tip his hat. Oh yeah. His favorite hat was gone. With a sigh, he turned around and entered the building.

Alright, time to find the rat bastard who brought me back...

He proceeds to try and find this Daedric character. The young man looks around the gathering in the foyer. Immediately he would notice that he was indeed under dressed for the occasion. He pushes up his glasses and scans the room, noticing a small group of three individuals. A man and a woman speaking, who also had an unusually larger male latched to her. He raises an eyebrow at the scene, but it was a start. He went over and approached the group. Giving a bow of his head, he tries his best to keep any looks towards his face and away from his shameful attire. He opens his mouth to address the group, his accent thick from his native home.

"Pardon my interruption sirs, and ma'am. But I just arrived and was informed to seek out a man named Daedric by a mister Jack. Would you happen to be able to point me out to him?"

mothspit mothspit

Last edited:
Lucas stared at Emma's outstretched hand, hesitated. The way this woman talked, the way she dressed...it was all a bit too much for him. She seemed as obsessed with maintaining appearances as nearly all the other vampires in the mansion. Perhaps more so, with the way her dress glittered under her bountiful red hair. Still, he couldn't deny his sense of intimidation. Even without knowing Emma very well, Lucas could tell she was one of the older vampires, if not one of the more clever ones. The solemn man standing beside her did very little to calm Lucas's nerves.

His shyness had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that nobody this beautiful had ever spoken to him in his entire life. His slightly flushed face was not related in the slightest.

Lucas took slightly longer than he maybe should have to kiss the vampire's hand. The old fashioned gesture was almost as bad as the casually powerful stare of the man looming over him. The combination of physical and mental pressure almost made him want to make a 180 and go sit in a different corner of the mansion.

"Hello again, Emmulsia." Lucas nodded at the brutish guy next to her, hoping to show at least some respect. Didn't need any enemies in a place like this, right? "I was just wondering....is there anything happening next? Like, is there another step to our orientation that we weren't told about? I want to know in advanced so I'm not caught off guard. The surprises in this place are quite...jarring."

mothspit mothspit

Emma smiled. She could sense the boy's nervousness. In a sick way, she relished it; Emmulsia was one of many figures in The Configuration that knew her looks held power. Though she was never as heartless as someone like Ajax, using their appearance to manipulate easily impressionable women, there was undoubtedly pleasure to be had in another's bashfulness. She slid her arm from around the man at her side, and slinked over to Lucas's. Her arm wrapped around his shoulder, ever-so-gently pulling him closer to him. Long, red acrylic nails began running through a small patch of his hair, and the look on her face was one of sweet interest.

"Well, darling, if it were up to me, I'd have you over at my flat for a nice cup of tea. But.." She pointed a jeweled finger over to a man on the other side of the room-- Short blonde hair, a dark suit, and a posture that indicated he wasn't thrilled to be here anyone more than Lucas was, "..That man there is Lance. Don't let his looks fool you, he's a big teddy bear."

The man Emma was previously hanging onto scoffed with a shake of his head. He didn't look offended by the blatant flirtatiousness of her actions, but rather her words. It seemed like, in exchange for her attention, he was complacent with her giving the same attention to others. There had to be some other reason for her being with him. Power, perhaps? Money? Love? That last one seemed rather unlikely; Love appeared to be a rare commodity in a place like this. Compassion, sure, but certainly not love.

"Bears are menacing," He scowled, "He's more like a spineless jellyfish."

"Oh hush!" Emma said, giving the man a playful slap on his arm, "Lance is a good man. Maybe if you learned to be a bit more humble, dear, you could learn something from him."

Emmulsia looked back to the boy in her arm with a small smile, "Don't mind him. He's a bit grumpy because his son hasn't arrived yet. One of our own is collecting him now."

"That damn kid-- I don't know why Marcus keeps him around. Can't even do his job properly.."

"That's enough, Daedric." She said firmly. The man called Daedric offered a defeated grumble before diverting his attention back to the spot on the wall he had been staring at. Whatever the nature of their relationship, it was clear she held the power. She continued to gesture to Lance standing by himself, absentmindedly scrolling through his smartphone.

"Anyway. There's something planned for everyone, but you can choose how you'd like to spend the rest of the evening. Whatever happens next will be up to your new father over there. "

She smiled again, brushing a few stray hairs from the boys face, "But if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call your Auntie Emma, yes?"

Reis Reis

Lucas was only able to manage a slight nod in response. It was strange. Emma shamelessly invaded Lucas's personal space in one moment, only to seamlessly talk like he wasn't even there in the next. The way she toyed with his emotions like that solidified his resolve. He would definitely try avoiding Emmulsia in the future. Nothing good would come out of letting himself be manipulated.

He pondered the woman's words as he wandered over to the other side of the room. Lucas felt weary about Emma's little piece of news. Practically everything he did since becoming a vampire was done under the constant threat of being painfully assaulted, so the idea of actually having any kind of choice in this was far too sudden. It would have probably inspired hope within the naive, but all Lucas could think about was whether or not those choices would be any good. He had a bad feeling about how the rest of the night was going to turn out.

Lucas finally arrived near Lance. The vampire looked pretty upset, and normally that would make him cautious. Instead, he decided that he liked this Lance guy a bit more than all the other vamps. After all, what kind of person enjoys loud and bright parties like this one? Undead or not, anyone who responded to parties with the sane reaction of intense discomfort automatically earned points in Lucas's book. Clearing his throat in an attempt to interrupt the man's brooding, Lucas spoke. "I was told that you're the one who turned me." mothspit mothspit

Daedric perked up at the mention of his name. The new arrival, his ill-begotten son, had finally arrived after what felt like hours. Once Lucas had made his leave, and Emma returned back to his side, Daedric let out a half-hearted chuckle.

"You're lookin' at him, kid." He said, proudly jabbing his thumb at himself, "Wondering when you'd show up."

Emma smiled at the man, "Speak of the devil! My, I adore your accent. I suppose this makes me your grandmother." She laughed playfully, offering her hand to him the same way she had done to Lucas. Though, when her eyes wandered down to his tattered, bloodied attire, she reeled back slightly.

"Oh, dear," She frowned, "It looks like you're in need of some new garb. What do you prefer? Formal, or casual?"

Emmulsia quickly flagged down a servant with an urgent wave of her palm and directed them towards Nolan, their vacant stare awaiting an order for his clothing of choice.

Drakenbane Drakenbane

--
Lance quickly looked up from his phone at the sound of an approaching stranger. It didn't look like he was doing anything important, just mindelessly scrolling through some boring social app. He tucked the phone into the breast pocket of his suit and leaned against the wall casually.

"Yeah. Lucas, right?" He said with a small gesture, both hands being shoved into his pockets, "I'm sorry for the whole.. uh.. killing you.. thing."

He spoke with an awkward sense of sincerity, coupled with a small frown. How do you apologize to someone for literally murdering them? In all his years with The Configuration, he had never mastered that art. Even though he sounded like a nervous boy asking the girl he likes to the school dance, he seemed oddly sympathetic-- Like he was in a similar situation at one point. Technically, he had; It didn't take a genius to figure out that, with the exception of people like Ajax, everyone here had been forcefully indoctrinated into this secret life. Brothers and sisters all born in blood.

"If there's anything I can do to help.. ease the transition, let me know, yeah?" Lance reached up to rub the back of his neck, "I see you met Emma already. Don't worry she's, uh.." He trailed off for a moment, trying to think of the right word that wasn't an expletive..

".. She's a little weird, but harmless. Can't say the same about her arm candy, though.." His eyes trailed over to the brash Daedric.

"..Anyway. How you holdin' up?"

Reis Reis

Last edited:
"Well then, dad, let me go get something out of the way. You gods damned bloody rat bastard! The one decision I had in my life that was my own and nobody could stop me from it, and what do ya do? What gives you the damn right to stop me from ending it! Eh?! I'd have the right mind to punch those teeth into the back of your mouth!"

There was clear fury and anger on Nolan's face, something he was not used to. His emotions were always bottled up as he tried to just make a decent life. Even then it felt like the world was against him. He closed his eyes and breathed in. He let out his breath. He looked at the tall man.

"Alright....I got that off my chest....Now, I would like to know what my purpose is in this whole scheme of things. As for attire...."

He rubs his chin.

"Casual...and a nice hat too. It seems mine was misplaced."

mothspit mothspit

Daedrics face twisted into an expression of surprise, and then a quick flash of anger. Who the hell did this kid think he was? The way the elder vampire saw it, he should be grateful. He could have let the boys body rot and have the crows pluck his eyes out, but instead he gave him eternal life and everlasting power. He stepped forward and grabbed the bold fledgling by his bloody collar, jerking him closer.

"Listen here you little shit. You think you're so tough? You better shut your mouth before I rip out--"

"Daedric!" Emmulsia snapped, stepping in between the bickering men with a annoyed scowl, "This is a night of celebration. I'll not have you instigating."

The man scoffed in protest, "Are you serious, Emmy? You're gonna let this brat talk to me like that?"

She turned quickly, and with one smooth motion, her jeweled hand struck Daedric across the face. He reeled back in surprise, touching the spot on his cheek with wide, frightened eyes. Her long nails had left a small cut across his left cheek. Despite being undead with no blood flow, that didn't stop a dark, thick substance to slowly drip from the fresh wound; It looked like coagulated blood. When Daedrics hand fell from his cheek, the wound had vanished, healing completely. He looked utterly bewildered, yet remained speechless.

"You are pathetic," Emma spat, "A little boy got under your skin? An infant to our kind? Harden yourself, Daedric, before I do it for you."

She quickly gathered her composure, brushing red curls from her face to expose her regular smile. When she turned back to Nolan, she interlocked her fingers with one another, and mantained a face of stiffled anger. The man presumed to be her spawn simply shoved his hands into his pockets, and in one final act of defiance, he stormed off toward the kitchen with a huff. Emmulsia made not attempt to stop him. Why bother? If he wanted to act like a child, so be it.

"I'm sorry, he's still young." She said with a forced smile, "He'll learn to get over himself soon enough. Nolan, yes? Let's get you those clothes."

She turned to the servant, "Something slimming, perferably a tan or perhaps a creme. A hat to match, but for God's sake don't get a trillby. Something a bit more sleek."

The servant took off on their newfound quest without a word, and when they departed, Emma crossed her arms over her chest.

"You're entitled to feel the way you do. However, you seem to be a man of.. moderate intelligence. I don't think I need to explain why letting your emotions get the better of you won't get you any closer to the answers you want, do I? Let's speak like the adults we are."

Drakenbane Drakenbane

Nolan nodded as he fixed his glasses, as well as his composure.

"My apologies to you both. You can say its a bit of my...heritage, fiery folk when crossed. None the less, I do see this as an opportunity. A continuation of my desire of study for...however long this, I guess in the presence of similar individuals, gift lasts."

He watches as the servant bows and leaves to retrieve his new clothes.

"And yes, as you said, my name is Nolan. Nolan McDurmot. And I guess yes, I am your sired vampire. I would like to know why I have been chosen and what my purpose is now for your family."

Weird...family. A word that often caused dread. But speaking to this woman, and reluctantly the man next to her, it was somewhat comforting.

mothspit mothspit

Emmulsia couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"Oh, you sweet little humans." She laughed affectionately, placing a hand over her dead heart, "You all think you're so special, don't you?"

It might come off as a bit arrogant, but there was no divine reason why those here were chosen. Some by accident, others by happenstance. But to think they were hand picked for a greater purpose.. That was the naivete of those who had read one too many fantasy novels. Great stories of the chosen one, taking on an impossible burden.. This wasn't a fairy tale. Anyone who assumed otherwise was simply hanging onto the futility of their own mediocrity. Emma knew that, and so did everyone else. They needed people to expand their numbers-- Simple as that.

"..Why you, darling?" She took a step toward him, reaching out a dainty hand to brush away flakes of dried blood from his shoulder, "Because it wasn't anyone else."

A small smile had found it's way onto her plush lips, "Though, you aren't human anymore. Tell me, how does that knowledge affect you?"

Drakenbane Drakenbane

Emma was harmless, huh? Lucas wasn't sure how much he could trust that description. Especially coming from a guy like this. What kind of grown man couldn't speak in full sentences without stuttering? Even if Lucas wasn't the most social guy, he at least didn't act this timid. Or at least, not when he didn't need to.

"Don't worry about killing me. It's the bringing me back part that's annoying..." Lucas sighed, trying not to vent at some guy he just met. "How can you even stand a place like this? The parties are loud, the people suck...what's the point of being immortal if it means living the rest of my life around these people?"

Lucas glanced back at Emma, then. He watched as she struck Daedric across the cheek, giving him a bloody scratch that healed almost immediately. He expected the large man to start a fight, but he instead stalked off with his hands in his pockets, still fuming. So much for harmless. Daedric was lower than Emma on the vampire totem pole; just one scratch made him look almost like a deer in the headlights. He made a mental note to avoid provoking the redhead in the future.

Lucas' eyes snapped back at Lance. If this guy considered Emma harmless...was he hiding some kind of hidden power, something that even someone like her would fear? He gave the vampire a searching look, trying to make out the strength behind his underwhelming posture. Forba moment he thought he saw...no, there was no way this guy was any kind of strong...or was he? The question was obvious as he looked at Lance.

mothspit mothspit

Lance pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pockets, striking one up from a box of matches. He took a large, long drag, letting the smoke seep from his nose like a feudal demon. He, too, saw Emma give her son a good smack, and after watching him storm off to the kitchen, he blew the remainder of the smoke from his mouth. A small part of him enjoyed watching that. Daedric was a thorn in most of their sides-- Seeing him get hit like that was one small victory Lance was glad to have witnessed. A smile was tugging at the corner of his lips, but he didn't show it.

"Yeah, well, I couldn't exactly leave you on the side of the highway, now could I?" He said with a futile shrug, "You learn to get used to it. Trust me, I'm not happy about it either."

The vampire wasn't a moron. He knew that kid before him had a death wish. Most of them shared that sentiment. If someone looked hard enough, they could see it behind his eyes, too. Brewing there just beneath the surface. Too scared to live, too scared to die. An endless cycle. Instead, Lucas was looking for something else. Something powerful, or perhaps even evil. Funny-- He knew Lucas for all of 2 minutes, and he already thought of him in a more positive light than he thought of himself.

Lance raised an eyebrow, "I'm not someone you need to worry about, Lucas. Ajax will tell you that your feelings don't matter-- That it's about the betterment of our species. Personally, I think it's all a crock of shit."

He puffs his cigarette again, and gave a small shake of his head, "But people like my sister.. She believes it. She really thinks he has our best interest at heart. And she's not the only one. Hundreds of years of experience under their belts, but that man--" He points his finger at Ajax from across the room, "--He knows what's best? Give me a break."

For most of his ranting, his expression carried the aura of a long-harbored disdain. He was old, probably older than most of the other vampires in this room. He's seen the fruits of Ajax's rhetoric, and how it infects the mind. Lance shuddered at the thought of all he knew, and the knowledge he was powerless in the face of it. It didn't matter how many of them disagreed with how things worked around here; There would always be someone more powerful at the top. Someone he didn't stand a chance against. Maybe that's what he meant by 'harmless,' she was easily manipulated by someone who exhibited more power.

"So if you're trying to size me up, don't bother. You should worry about people like Ajax before me."

Once he was finished, he offered his pack of cigarettes to his new son, "..You smoke?"

Reis Reis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back