• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Commonwealth Story

Mr_DC

Been a while
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
View attachment 404480
The Commonwealth.
Calm and chaotic.
Safe and deadly.
Peaceful and brewing a war.
View attachment 404482
The Railroad
Having survived countless attacks from the Institute and still kept on swinging, the synth-helping Railroad is facing a new foe.

View attachment 404484
The Brotherhood of Steel
Coming to end the abuse of dangerous technology, the Brotherhood claims it is on a mission to protect the Commonwealth citizens.

View attachment 404488
The Minutemen
Citizens helping citizens. Their goal of achieving a peaceful Commonwealth seems near impossible with war on the horizon.

View attachment 404489
The Institute
The mythical group finally surfaced to achieve self-sufficiency but came to face powerful foes.​

As tensions in the Commonwealth started to mount, seemingly unconnected group odd jobs began painting a web of something larger.
With the Brotherhood arriving in the Commonwealth, scavengers started being directed to high-tech locations.
With the Railroad regaining its strength, the underground intelligence trade exploded.
With the Minutemen taking back the Castle, raider gangs started showing strategic thinking unseen before.
With the Institute seeming as a more physical threat than ever before, seeds of panic were sown.​

View attachment 404491
It does not matter where your allegiances lie.
What matters is that you are about to be offered the job which will shape the future of the Commonwealth.​

AI10100 AI10100
Vaana walked up to Jackson and the robobrain, her eyes widening with every step. She stopped close behind Jackson and watched the thing. It was pretty intimidating watching something like that so close. It looked as durable as they actually were in a firefight. She had to retreat numerous times when coming into contact with robots and knew perfectly well how dangerous their weapons were. She used to have a robot fighting on her side, after all.

"A brain in a jar." She commented quietly, her eyes narrowing. "I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's friendly." Vaana shrugged as she looked at Jackson. "I mean, one of us would probably be dead by now if that wasn't the case. Besides, these things aren't usually chatty. They just try their damned best to murder you." Her gaze fell down to the broken tracks. "Easy fix. Spare parts should be abundant in here." Giving a nudge to Jackson, she turned her back on the robobrain and lowered her tone. "See what you can learn from it and don't let your guard down. It can scramble your eggs before you know it." Passing a finger over the rim of her hat, she added in a loudly enough that the robot would hear her. "I'll go search for some matching threads. You two have fun."

Jackson didn't break eye contact with the Robobrain when Miss Merc started to walk to them after he called for her attention. The robot didn't do anything in the meantime and it looked friendly enough so he was confident it wouldn't kill him suddenly... or at least he would know and react before it violently mauled him to death. Besides, with its threads broken, what could it do? Didn't look like it had any laser blasters on its hands so it was all good.

"Yup, a Robobrain. Don't honestly see much of them around." Jackson said with a small shrug. He wasn't a robot addict either so it's not like he was always out there searching for one. "Yeah, for now." He said out loud without even caring whether or not the roborain would take offense to his skepticism or not.

He slowly nodded when Miss Merc warned him about the robobrain. Okay then, time to get his full guard up again. "Alright Brainy, once she gets back with those threads, you give us the holotape. No running alright?" He reminded the robobrain with a wag of his fingers. If the robobrain ran, then he'll just have to loot its dead body for the holotape. Wouldn't be too hard right? He tapped his fingers against his thigh. "So, do you remember anything about the man associated with the Benefactor?" He asked once more.

"I'm-uh Liam." The robobrain introduced itself after he was called 'brainy'. Motioning with its clawed hand. "I don't really know what to tell you. He was a wastelander. Shaved head, no beard, mostly leather clothing..." Liam paused. "He seemed nice, actually. Too nice, now that I think back." Lian said, tone turning regretful. "I should have realized when he was so friendly. You're not like that, right?" He paused. "Not that I have much of a choice here." He took another short pause, the brain floating in the transparent gel. "I guess it might mean something to you that he was muttering something about a reward. I'm afraid that's all I noticed."

"Heyo." Vaana appeared once more with some threads hanging in her hand. "Found some. We are at a robot junkyard, after all." She smirked and held the threads behind her. "But not so fast." She scanned both Jackson and the robobrain. "I searched for this and we didn't shoot you on sight. I think we proved we mean no harm. Tell us first and then I'll fix you up."
Liam let out an anxious whimper. "But I also proved I'm not aggressive. I can hurt you right now but I won't." Vaana had to admit he had a point. Their built-in mesmetrons was something she never wanted to experience. The projectile was slower than plasma but she saw it stun and - in worst cases - blow heads up. Enough to make anyone paranoid around those things. No wonder people attached this one on sight.

Vaana looked around, thinking. No raider corpses. It was either lying or it didn't even fight the raiders going for it. "Come on, you first." She persisted, looking at the robobrain.
"Fine..." Liam sighed, recalling the location of the holotape. "It's under that protectron torso." He pointed at a wreck not far from him. "Fell there when my kidnapper was attacked."
Vaana smiled, walking over to Liam. "You're too trusting. No wonder you're in this situation." She looked over her shoulder at Jackson. "Get the holotape, partner in crime." She said but never lowered her guard. It was one final test for the robobrain. Jackson could be killed with a well-placed shot and he could plunge those claws in Vaana's skull - if she was truly as careless as she was pretending to.

The attack, however, never came. Liam simply waited patiently for Vaana to fix him.

"Liam." He repeated. Brainy honestly sounded better than that, but hey, whatever. "Hey, you know why I'm acting like this. No lie, I just need my info and you're good to go." He shrugged. There was no reason to fake acting so nice when his intentions were already obvious by now. He had been interrogating the robobrain for a while now, but Jackson didn't really go back from him word. It'll get fixed up, yeah, but he had no assurance what would happen next. If it would betray them, the obviously, he'll riddle the thing would bullets.

"Oh, a reward? This Benefactor was not kidding huh?" Jackson was grinning. Nothing better than knowing that there was some form of reward waiting for them on the other side of the task. Though what it was remained a mystery.

Jackson looked up at Vaana when she came back with the new threads. He stood up from his position and then headed over to the protectron torso. He picked it up with some difficulty and then disposed it to the side. Indeed, the holotape was there. He grabbed the object and then walked back to them. He waved the holotape in front of him. "Lookie here, Liam's telling the truth. Miss Merc's right, you gotta be a little more careful when dealing with wastelanders." He said with a shrug. It was from personal experience and he was pretty sure any mercenary worth their mettle already knew this.

He then stopped behind Vaana. Spary, his dog, was still sitting down near them with both ears up - alert for anything other than his master and his companions. "So, let's have Liam play us this holotape and see where it takes us."

"I guess it's only fair I read the tape for you." Liam said, as he moved back and forth to try out the repairs carried out by the Merc. She, in turn, watched her handiwork with a sense of pride. It was hardly her finest work but it held signs of much greater skill. It was her unmentioned passion. When her whole life revolved around risking her life, people hardly noticed how skilled she was around robots.

Taking the tape and inserting it into himself, Liam read the contents. "Congratulations on gathering..." He mumbled on. "Oh. Your next step is Goodneighbor. A man called Maxwell West." Just as he said that, Vaana cursed.
"Son of a bitch..." She puffed, clenching her fists. "I was taking with him a just hours before I left for this place. What about the reward?" She gave a quizzical look to Liam.

"Your reward is in..." Liam gave a nervous chuckle, ejecting the tape. "In the robobrain. I guess..." He shrugged. "I guess the raiders took your reward from my kidnapper."
Vaana frowned before rolling her eyes. They had no idea where exactly the raiders went and she didn't really need another reward. She already took the sentry bot for herself. The thought of raiders getting away with her reward, though, made her blood boil. It was as if they stole from her.
"Do we try to find them?" She looked at Jackson. "I'm not sure. You feel like hunting or do we just forget the advance and do this thing for the Benefactor?"

Jackson whistled as he saw Liam up and about. "Good job Miss Merc." He complimented with a nod. He then gave Liam the holotape and crossed his arms, waiting for their information to get to them. Liam began speaking and giving them their next objective.

"Goodneighbor huh? A trek here then a trek back. Good fucking job." Jackson muttered. Well, whatever, this should be worth it. The Benefactor didn't seem like the type of person to hold back on giving them their due rewards.

When Liam ejected the holotape, he took it back and placed it in his bag. "Well shit, there goes our reward." He grumbled, obviously displeased with the fact that the raiders took off with their reward. He looked back at Miss Merc when she questioned whether or not they should go after them. "We don't know where they're at. Might be a waste of time too, to be honest. Pisses me off that they have it though."

He then rubbed the back of his head. "We should head back to Goodneighbor and see what the guy needs."

"Alright." Vaana nodded, planting her hands on her hips. "Goodneighbor it is." She looked around, eyes setting on the sentry bot. "I'll just program this thing to head to my base. Might want to get resupplied there..." She thought out loud. "We shouldn't get into too much trouble in the city. Nothing we can't sneak past, you and I." She motioned with her hand and eventually flashed a smirk. "Alright, to Goodneighbor - and quietly. Just give me a moment." She ordered and headed to the sentry bot to begin working on it.

"Hey..." Liam spoke quietly to Jackson. "Do you think... Do you think I could travel with you? You seem pretty normal compared to everyone. I'm really getting desperate traveling alone." He said, its metal claws clanking together in front of him. "I'd just like to travel with someone who won't take me apart. I'm useful." It paused. "I think. My friend was usually the one doing the fighting... And most other things." He quieted down, eventually sighing. "I won't be a burden. I promise." It added.

"Done." Vaana said as the sentry bot started driving off. "We ready?" She asked, looking at Jackson and kicking up some dirt with her boot.

"And there goes another Sentry Bot. Ha, I should look into robotics. Would be great to sleep without worrying about someone or something attacking you." Jackson said with a roll of his eyes. Sparky whimpered as he padded towards his master and Jackson patted his head. "Well, you do a good job boy, just you're not a hulking metal death trap." He pointed out. Sure, he loved the dog to death, but he had to admit that a dog can't do everything. Then again, the Sentry Bot was too loud to bring around for a mercenary/assassin like him who relied on stealth more than brute force.

"Yeah, Hancock doesn't got any beef with me... I think." Jackson had supplied the mayor some chems he found once, but that was really the peak of their interaction. So really, Jackson wasn't really thinking that anyone in there doesn't like him. He was just a mercenary after all.

He looked at Liam when he asked if he could come with them. A whimpy robobrain who apparently didn't do any of the fighting... or anything? Sounds useless really. He rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry Liam, but I don't make the calls here. If you really think about it, the top dog here is Miss Merc over there." He gestured at the girl reprogramming the Sentry Bot. "So let's ask her alright?"

"I am." Jackson said with a nod. "But Liam here wants to come with us. What's your call Miss Merc? I don't know much about robots. All I know is that they're hard to kill with bullets." He asked.

Vaana smiled quietly at his robot comment. She decided to bite her tongue on that one. A sentry bot was a rolling army and Vaana herself was compared to a one-person army - and no one had any idea it was her robot doing most of the work. She felt another wave of bitterness in her. What happened? What changed? Did she get lazy or did she simply rise above it all? She hadn't felt alive in months. The wasteland held nothing which would pose a true threat to her. That was something she missed deeply.

"You want to come with us." Vaana nodded. "That's a no-brainer." She grinned at her own pun, making gun fingers at the two of them. "Ha-ha..." She let out a short laugh. Getting serious and shoving her hands in her pockets, Vaana shrugged. "You're lucky I have a weak spot for defenseless, dumb creatures." In truth, she was weak for all robots. There was something about them which made her want to protect them. At least, the friendly ones. Those feelings also spread to synths but she would never admit it. Besides, a job was a job and if it required her to kill something she felt sorry for... She would still do it.

"Yeah, fine." Vaana feigned indifference, giving him a shrug. "But if you weigh us down, we're leaving you behind." She lied harshly. There was still a reputation to uphold. With a mischievous smile, she added. "And your role will be to carry all my stuff, got it?"
Slightly nervous, Liam replied. "Sure, yeah. You got it." Looking at Jackson, he added. "You need help with anything too?"

Jackson let out a whistle when Miss Merc told them that Liam would be allowed to come with them. It was surprising to Jackson since he absolutely thought he was going to be left behind. But oh well, he didn't particularly care whether Liam would be allowed to go with them or not. But apparently now, they had a pack mule. Now that's a plus.

"Nothing right now, nope." Jackson replied with a small shrug. He didn't carry much with him, aside from his trusty weaponry and some food for Sparky. "Oh! If you ever spot any meat, tell me about it. I need to make some food for my boy here." He then patted his dog's head once more.

He then clapped his hands once. "Now let's get a move on. Goodneighbor's still pretty far and standing around won't help us." He then pointed forward. "Onwards!" He had a stupid grin on his face. Jackson felt a little peppy right now. Maybe because it would be one of his first times working with someone as high caliber as Miss Merc, and also with a robobrain. But hey, he also wanted a light mood.

The trek to the city went without any encounters.

"I'd rather not just dash for the door." Vaana whispered, motioning for the wall of Goodneighbor across the final crossroads. "The supermutants on our side might come after us and I don't want the residents getting pissed about us getting trouble." She was serious. Completely focused. Her eyes were sharp and scanning every inch of the road ahead. Her ears were dedicated to listening out for even the slightest rustle. "I can get by just fine. Don't know about you and definitely not about Liam here." She looked at Jackson, her eyes sharp enough to cut through steel. "You're fine with crossing the street, right?" She asked. Having a sniper at her destination would make things safer than having him at the starting point. If it came to danger, he would be able to provide support for longer and without the risk of splitting up.

"Once you're across..." Vaana held her breath. Nothing. The supermutants didn't frighten her much. What did scare her were those supermutants with mini-nukes strapped to them. Perfect weapons of chaos. Enough to break up even the most perfectly organized squad. They usually sent Vaana running until she got far enough to put a bullet in the explosive. "Once you're across, you could shoot at something in the other direction if you have a silencer. Get their attention there. If not..." Her expression softened, turning more annoyed than focused. "I guess I could waste a grenade for a distraction to get this tin can across." She jabbed a finger at Liam who silently absorbed the scene.

"I could try to sneak across." He spoke. "I mean... I usually avoided combat so I know a thing or two about staying out of it. I think I can do it." Liam actually sounded more confident than he usually did. And he didn't get them into any danger on their trip there.
Vaana nodded. "Alright. What are you most comfortable with, Snipy?" She threw on a smile and a wink.

Jackson knelt down when they stopped, gun ready. Goodneighbor was just right there but muties were in the way of their goal. When Miss Merc questioned his ability to sneak past, he nodded. "I can get by fine as well." He replied with a small shrug, but Liam definitely was their problem right now. Even with everything, Liam still had that mechanical whir that a hound might hear. He then looked over at the other side and then at the patrol. He nodded. "Easy." He muttered.

When Miss Merc started planning - whether he could use a gun for distraction or she uses her grenade - Jackson tried to think about the probability of it being a success. He did have a silenced gun, his 10 mm had a detachable silencer after all, so he was confident that he could get their attention off their area. "Let's do the first plan. Just in case it fails, I'll shoot out that suicider first alright?" Might as well have a plan B right? It was easy enough to shoot the mini-nuke since the suicider just waves it above his face.

He slung his rifle behind his back for now and took out his pistol. He then looked at Miss Merc to give him the go. Sparky was standing at attention, ready to accompany his master.

"Good." Vaana nodded, glad he had someone to rely on when it came to sneaking about. She was used to going fully alone in such situations which were a double-edged sword. On one hand, she relied completely on herself and had no one else to mess things up for her. She would be completely independent and that was how she liked it. On the other hand, fuck-ups did happen and only luck saved her when she was caught in bad situations. Luck and stimpaks. "You move on my mark, kid." She gave a friendly nod to Liam. It was a slip of her friendly emotions to the robot. It was something she had to cover up. "If you get caught, I'm running right by you."

Once Jackson fired, the supermutants outside headed for the source of the noise - the impact site. Vaana had to make a call. As soon as they had their backs turned, Vaana motioned for Liam to move. It was a risk. The supermutants could turn around at any time but she gambled and assumed they wouldn't turn before reaching their target. And she was right.
Liam made it across without an issue, eliciting another friendly smile from Vaana. "You're next." Vaana whispered in a half-crouch. "Don't worry about me. I can get across without an issue." She added with a determined nod.

Once the plan was solidified, Jackson began to move. His steps were light, as well as his dog's. The muties didn't hear and the tips of his mouth tugged upwards. He then took cover so when he shot, the muties wouldn't see him immediately. He waited for a short while until none of the muties were directly looking at him and then he shot three times. And as planned, the muties headed over there.

When Liam got across, Jackson nodded. Time to get to Goodneighbor before the muties get back to them. However, he kept his eye on them as he began moving - his pistol now holstered and his modified rifle replacing it. If anything happened, he would at least be able to quickly aim and shoot. Sparky ran over to the door of Goodneighbor before stopping and then looking at his companions.

Liam waited where he could have a clear sight on Vaana and didn't go straight to the door. It was a move which held some risk in being spotted but he resisted the urge to flee to safety. Liam wanted to make sure his... Guides got over safely. He wanted to be right by them in the fight in case things heated up. There was also a certain thrill in watching them get across. The tension when watching every step and the relief once the sniper and his dog got across. His steps were light and cautious. A result of practice and skill.

Vaana traced a thumb down one of her scars as she waited, crouched behind a wreck of a car. It was something she did absentmindedly, like some people stroked their beards. The uneven ridges on her face served as a clear sign not only of how careless she was but of her lack of luck. Things which simply had to end in her favor ended... With a wound. Running another pass over her scar, she nodded to herself. Hopefully, this one won't end so poorly.
She moved with grace, ensuring she was in cover at all times. When she wasn't, Vaana threw herself behind other cover, trying to maintain minimal noise. Finally, she was across.

"That's that, then." Vaana whispered calmly, dusting herself off. "Max is most likely in the Third Rail." She said, opening the door for Goodneighbor.
Vaana absolutely loved the place. There was just something about it which made her feel like she fits in. The people, the shops... It was perfect for her and Vaana was convinced she was perfect for it.

"Hey, brains." Vaana tapped on Liam's side. "Go see with Daisy if she has any fusion cores for me. Getting low on them and I don't wanna run out in a bad situation." She pointed him in the direction of Daisy's store. "Tell her I'll pay next time I'm around." It was a bit of a stretch. She had the reputation of a mercenary and not a good samaritan so she didn't really know if she'd be able to get them without paying on the spot.

"You and I are going to see Max." She told Jackson once Liam headed his way. "I'd rather not take him with us unless it's necessary." Vaana explained quietly, giving a cold stare to Fahrenheit. To say she disliked the mayor's bodyguard would be an understatement. She had no real reason for it but deep down, Vaana knew what bugged her. The girl was just as badass as Vaana was. If not more. While not trying to make it obvious - probably with not much success - Vaana casually looked over her shoulder at Jackson to see if he had any reaction to the minigun-wielding girl.

When Miss Merc had gotten across and they were at the door, Jacskon slung his rifle behind his back once again. He followed the group inside - the first one to enter the door was Sparky himself, who wagged his tail and ran around inside. Goodneighbor was their home, or at least it had one of their houses. This place was too familiar to them to not be at ease at. There was something alluring about being among his kind - wanderers, killers, mercenaries. Unlike those at Diamond City who try and fail in washing their hands from their own dirty deeds - calling themselves 'proper citizens' when they all know that their pig-of-a-mayor had done so many horrible things that it was sickening.

"Home sweet home." Jackson muttered as he went over to pet Sparky. When Miss Merc told Liam to go see if Daisy had some fusion cores, he took out some caps and then handed it to Liam. "Go buy me some .308 ammo too. Tell her it's for Jack." He then watched as the robobrain sped off without question. What a good robot. Looks like he'll willingly be a butler for some form of protection, and what better protection than two hardened mercenaries right?

Once he was out of earshot, Miss Merc mentioned she didn't want him sticking around any more than what was necessary. "I agree." Jackson nodded. Perhaps it was because Liam wasn't part of the Benefactor's plans and it might lead to some information being witheld from them and he might shoot Liam dead if that happens. Better not to risk it right?

As he moved to head to the Third Rail, he spotted Farenheit - Hancock's bodyguard. He saw that his companion also noticed her, but he didn't see what her reaction was. Jackson gave the bodyguard a nod of greeting. They were on neutral terms, if a little on the 'good' side because of Jackson's own help when posed with less than savory missions. When Miss Merc looked over her shoulder to him, his eyebrows raised. "Is something the matter?" He questioned.

"Nothing." Vaana mumbled under her breath. At least they didn't give each other a high-five. Giving the gun on her hip, under her trench coat, a tap, Vaana let the anger in her dissipate. None of it truly mattered. She had to focus on the task at hand. She gave her gun another tap as she walked. This job would put her back on top anyway. Maybe she'd get enough money to set up something long-term. She toyed with the idea of setting up her own mercenary group. Maybe, if she had enough money, a group of robots. That would be a force to reckon with.
A smile flashed on her face as she imagined her massive compound, guarded by the finest robots imaginable. It was a good dream. A good goal.

"I'll do the talking." Vaana ordered as she opened the door to the Third Rail and headed down without even casting a look at the bouncer. She had no interest in him, still resenting the ghoul for something that happened so long ago that no one remembered it. No one except Vaana. She knew how to hold a grudge.
The melodious voice of Magnolia filled the room below. Vaana spent countless evenings drowning in alcohol while listening to that angel.

"We don't know what to expect." Vaana explained while walking down the steps. She spotted Max at the end of the bar. He was an older man with long, gray hair and thick, bushy beard. He was the kind of a person who could spent his entire life in the same settlement as another person and no one would claim they ever saw him. Invisible in plain sight. Vaana, though, caught on to the man's inconspicuousness and decided she would try to learn a thing or two. As crude of a man he turned out to be, Vaana managed to learn a lot simply from observing him.

"Be ready for anything, alright?" She warned, taking her time walking down and watching the old, leather-clad man. "I'd rather not start a firefight in here but we'll do what we must." Vaana was well-aware of how paranoid she sounded but it saved her life several times. It was what kept those scars from being lethal wounds.

Jackson knew others well enough to know that her 'nothing' meant a lot, but he kept his mouth shut. Who was he to pry into her personal life? They were working together right now, sure, but after this, Jackson suspected that they'd be on their merry ways. No need to get too deep into this partnership. As long as they don't kill each other, it was fine.

"Probably for the best." He replied with a shrug. He didn't really care. He just needed the details and it looked like she was more experienced when it came to getting some of those precious information out. Jackson, himself, only really cared about what he was given and he was off to tracking.

Just like with Farenheit, Jackson gave a friendly nod to Rex. He followed the mercenary down the flight of stairs. He looked around, attempting to try and spot Max by striking out those he knew there. There were a few settlers he knew there, as with some travelers he's met before. His final target was, indeed, Max and his eyes narrowed at him. Jackson took off his sunglasses and then clipped it onto his shirt.

Jackson tapped the cloth covering his pistol and then nodded. "Right." He then waited for her move and he would follow. His body was relaxed though, and he tried to not make it obvious that he wasn't here to just get a drink from Charlie or listen to Magnolia's magnificent voice.

Vaana sat on one side of the older man while motioning for Jackson to sit on the other side. She didn't say a word to him. Didn't even give him a look. The man let out a short, raspy laugh which sounded like a bird's squawk. "Guess you two found each other."
"Interesting you're working for the big man. Not that surprising, though." Vaana commented quietly, shaking her head at Charlie as he attempted to approach and offer drinks. "Do we have to loot the information off your corpse or are you talkative?" She threatened, staring at the worn bar in front of her.
"No need to threaten your only contact." Maxwell matched her seriousness. "Are you happy with your reward?" He asked, his tone somewhat amused.
"You know it was stolen, you asshole." Vaana finally turned to him. It seemed that the Benefactor indeed had eyes everywhere. "I expect a raise - we're not doing this for free, you know?"
"Oh stop worrying." The man mumbled. "I've heard that the end reward makes your advance look like pocket change."

Maxwell leaned forward onto the bar. "Charlie will give you a package in the morning." He began. "This needs to reach the Covenant as soon as possible." He turned to stare at Jackson with his hazy eyes. "As soon as possible." Max repeated. Letting out a long sigh, he looked ahead again. "We do not trust them fully so you should know that they need to provide you with a location. You will meet someone at that location. Someone we trust."
"Vague yet specific at the same time." Vaana rolled her eyes. "You sure you aren't just going senile?" She asked sarcastically but got completely ignored.
"If you run into any issues, you can come to me." He looked away from Vaana and focused on Jackson. "I'll be here. If all goes well, though, we will never see each other again."

"Merc." A rough, ghoulish voice came from behind the group.
"Yah?" Vaana asked casually, turning on her seat to see the bouncer, Ham. "What's up?"
"There is a robot asking for you at the door. Says he's afraid to... Ride down the stairs." Ham explained in his usual uninterested tone.
"Tell him to relax. I'll be with him eventually." Vaana waved off the bouncer and looked at Jackson over Maxwell. "You up for some drinks until morning? We're waiting for the package after all and I see nothing else to spend our time on." She cocked an eyebrow. "Unless you want to spend the night watching rad storms." She added sarcastically.

As was ordered of him, Jackson kept quiet as he took a seat beside Max. Though, he was listening intently to everything he was saying as he lazily looked over to Magnolia as she continued her performance. There wasn't much to think about here. They were going to get their package in the morning, go to the Covenant, get a location, then give the package to the trusted person. It was straightforward and simple, but still lacked the information that would really help in the long run. But whatever, he was rather sure that he's done worse before.

Once he was done, he looked over to Max to see that Max was focusing between him and Jackson. "Great. I hope everything goes well." He then heard Rex talking to Merc and he turned around. A smirk tugged on his face. Liam was a robobrain after all and those threads don't go well with stairs. Good to know if he kicked down a robobrain, it wouldn't get up.

Ha. Now that was a funny thought.

"Drinks sound might fine!" He exclaimed with a laugh. "Definitely not gonna get drunk though. Rather not have your sniper whoozy right?" Jackson seemed like the exact person who would drink until he couldn't anymore. But he was pretty sure that Miss Merc would blow his heads off if he did that, so he jumped the gun and say that he wouldn't get drunk.

Vaana had to concede and admit Jackson had a point. "Good thinking." She smiled and tapped Max on the shoulder. "Fuck you, Max." She added quickly. Vaana knew exactly what bothered her about Max now and didn't care if she seemed mean or arbitrary. She felt lied to and cheated. She felt dumb - having someone that important right under her nose. "What's your poison?" Vaana asked, standing up and heading to a worn sofa by a broken jukebox. No one was sitting there at the time so they would have relative privacy with some comfort. "Charlie." She waved at the robot bartender as she walked to the sofa. "Vodka for me." She ordered.

Sitting down, Vaana let out a long sigh. Information was precious and it was time she got some. "So, mercenary..." She smirked. "Tell me about yourself. Tell me what stories people got wrong about you." Crossing her arms on her chest, she continued. "We all have stories told about us but most of them are false, right? I've heard some about you but I can't help but wonder which ones were lies. Killed a Mirelurk queen with one shot from your rifle?" She teased. Now she would just have to pile question upon question to avoid being asked one herself. Information was dangerous as well.

Jackson hopped off of his seat and then let out a low whistle. Sparky stood up and then headed upstairs without him - most likely to keep Liam company. And it wouldn't be too hard to call back a dog that was trained to peak perfection. He then followed Miss Merc and sat down next to her - but kept some distance. In fact, he was practically sitting by the edge of the sofa. Jackson loved his personal space, but that may be because his instincts had been polished to be scared of people near him. That's just how it is.

"Gwinnet Stout for me Charlie." He ordered and then leaned back on the sofa. He wondered if he should take a smoke? He wasn't a big smoker, but maybe it'll help right now. Before he could decide, she spoke up again. "Oh yeah, definitely. But hey, that's free publicity for some jobs." He said with a shrug.

He then laughed when she mentioned that one rumor. "They just can't seem to get it right. It was a Fat Man to the face." He said with a wink. "From a atop a tree. And I was pretty damn far from it. So yeah, it was still pretty impressive." Whether he was lying or not, one couldn't tell as he laughed afterwards. Hey, it was his memory and there were like three people around to see it just because they wanted it dead.

Vaana laughed. It seemed like she had another badass on her team. Not everyone advertised themselves as much as she did, it seemed, and true gems went around unnoticed. "A Fat Man?" She asked through a laugh while Charlie floated over and brought them their drinks. "That's some heavy firepower." Vaana nodded to herself. It was a pretty rare weapon. She had the privilege of holding it several times but never used it. She never felt a situation required it - even if it did.

"It's also cheating." She joked, pointing at him. "Tell me when you kill it with your own two hands." She said sarcastically, smirking. It was a reference to one of her own famous conquests. A story that she killed a deathclaw with no weapons. A bloated lie, of course. She was wearing power armor and her sentry bot already burned several holes in the massive monster.

Drinking the shot, she frowned. Prewar vodka was as strong as anything made in the wasteland. Not that she had a problem with it. "What do you think about all that's been going on? This brotherhood business? That massive airship? I have a feeling that a war is brewing." There was definitely a war brewing and it could either be a very profitable time for a mercenary or a very deadly one. It just depended on what side she decided to stand on eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back