• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Splendid Bubble

A Bubble of Splendid nature
With the upcoming, Kaizoku Sentai Gokiagers Ten Years Later movie on the way, I can't help but be more in a Super Sentai/Power Rangers mindset of late! What could be more fun, than the colorful suits of heroes that protect the world from all sorts of evil forces, and giant monsters?!

First, a few little things about myself, and writing with me.
  • I write, and request that any possible partner also writes, in third person.
    • No text talk though. Grammar/spelling mistakes happen, no biggie there. But, please no text-talk.
  • In terms of replies, they often vary unless specified and set on a certain length. However, I will always attempt to give enough to go off of.
  • I am open to play any sort of role, or even act as GM or pseudo-GM (meaning in that case we'd share GM duties)
  • Though, since this is more plot/story focused, I do not wish to only dwell on any possible romance. Elements of romance can be added in, but will not be any big focus.
  • Any other questions, always feel open to ask!
Now, onto some ideas/concepts. Starting with, a few based off already existing teams!

Up first, is Super-Mega Force, the mouthful!

While I did not per say, 'hate' the season, as an anniversary and the counterpart to Gokaigers (a series I really like), it was a bit disappointing. That said, with the wonders of writing we can easily make it more up to par, with some tweaking and alterations!

One suggestion, would be to: simply, keep it more in line with Gokaigers- mainly with a new cast. The Mega-force cast worked alright for Mega-Force and adapting Gosieger. However, the un-necessary multiple transformations to just the pirate suits was kinda wonky. So, cut that middle part out! Angel suits and Pirate suits, completely two separate teams like in Sentai. Now, this said they do not have to be just a 'dub' of Captain Marvelous and his crew. No, they can be completely original! (Of course, we'd have to create a reason why these figures in Goseige's cave are now keys, and why previous rangers can not morhp. Probably by having the war, prior to the Pirates showing up.)

Or, we can keep the Mega-force cast, but still cut out the Angel suits. Again, it was not needed to do one transformation, with its own power up form, just to go to pirates, and then Legendary. That's just too much. Perhaps tweak the characters a little, too. Make them more interesting to watch/write.

Speaking on Legendary Rangers, and cameos., that is something needed for a re-write. Again, the prior rangers should not be able to morph, if the current team can use their powers via the keys. So, again, taking more cues from Gokiagers, we can have previous rangers show up, offer wisdom to the current team. The Great Legendary war left the previous Rangers powerless, and the Earth saved for some time. But, now that the threat is back? Previous Rangers simply can't aid in the fight, on the front lines at least.
If we want the creation of the Keys more close to Gokaigers, we can have the war, and they say Jason (MMPR) go off into Space like AkaRed, and find them.

Or, we can go a more comic inspired route! Maybe the events of the Shattered Grid, causes morphing useless! Powers becoming these small figures, and the rangers of all eras now powerless. But, a new team happens across these keys (Or Jason finds and gives them), and become the next way of protectors!

Next, the 2017 Power Rangers Movie!:

I will admit, I really liked it!

And, greatly sadden that a sequel or continuation (formally) will never happen. I understand the suits weren't everyone's cup of tea, but I adore them. So, let's pick up where the movie ends! Introduce, Tomi Oliver (since the cast wanted a female Oliver to become the next Green Ranger), and have her stumble across Rita's power coin! Since Rita was all sorts of wicked, it could corrupt Tomi. Causing a slight 'Evil with Green' type arc for her introduction. Who knows, maybe through her coin, Rita can possess Tomi-live through her!

Our Own Sentai/Power Rangers Team:

Why not start from scratch! and create our own team! I've played 'Chroma Squad' and enjoyed the creation and naming, but that game keeps you in the "This is a TV show, we're making' mindset, kinda. But, for our own tale, they will be a real team! Of course, we can lean one way or the other, More Power Rangers-y or Super Sentai-y.

Some general concepts that we could use as themes for a team include, but not limited to:

• Yokai/Spirits
  • Knights
  • Secret Agents/Organization like FBI/CIA
  • If we want to go more, goofy like Akibaranger, video games!
  • Space, again! Space is always fun!
  • And of course, if you have any thoughts please suggest!
This idea, might take some more discussion than others!

Final notes,

Hopefully I have made some sense through this all. If anyone is interested in perhaps discussing and bouncing ideas back and forth, please feel free to send a message this way! Always open to find partners for this!

Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back