The Coliseum - Complete

Hideki ukita

Well, looks like Takara was was calling for a retreat... or.. it kinda looked it. Not like they had much else to do here. And he had a team mate to extract so best he get moving lest he get caught by something odd- "HEHEHE! That was fun to watch! I didn't think you knew that girl, was she, like, your girrrrrrfriend!?" a slightly familiar voice called to him not a few feet from his face. how did he not see her? was he busy internally monologuing again!?

"What!? no!" he sputtered, red in the face. "A team mate and a friend who happens to be a girl!" "Rrrrrrigght sure." the sharp toothed woman was back. "Soooooo, whatchyea gonna do now?" she asked, picking her teeth with a sharpened bone. Hideki was slightly unsure, should he run? tackle her? Those teeth look nasty, hes pretty certain they could bite through steel... Much less his armor..

"...Run?"

"Good plan~! you better hurry, I've wanted to have a nibble ever since I saw you- Eh?" the sharp toothed woman was taken aback by his ability to.. dig into the floor... Not something you see everyday. "At least wait until i was done! Like, so rude!"

`````````````````

Shovelling his way back towards Aiko he popped out of the ground up to his chest. "Aiko, I'm here, get over here and hold on so we can get the hell out." he spoke up without so much of another word about the scene back there. Seems he didn't hear her worries/demands that he shouldn't die. "lets hurry so we can get whatevers done to you off."

Ashi_InuzukaBanner.jpg
It seemed as if Ashi's plan had worked brilliantly, granted it was less of a plan or more a vague idea. She truthfully couldn't of even come up with how wonderfully her little animal breakout would of worked. As the animals poured out the few guards were quickly made mince meat of. As much as she liked the notion of getting back at them for their cruelty to the animals a part of herself couldn't help but feel uneasy as even her naivety wasn't enough to hide the fact likely many of those men died in the process. She brushed the thought in the back of her mind electing to not think about it. She had a mission to accomplish!

Ashi watched as an attacking guard was suddenly pounced upon, Ashi carefully holding on as Ayumu suddenly pounced on the man quickly dispatching him. She looked rather surprised as the dire wolf turned its head offering her the shocking stick. She reached out taking hold of it, grabbing it. Her eyes couldn't help but drift to the tiger as the wolf growled to cause the creature to move away from her. A wide smile filled on her lips as she felt a sense of belonging she had craved for as the wolf seemed content with her. She excited sat up, suddenly starting to twirl the shock rod, fumbling briefly nearly dropping it though barely catching it in her hands. She gripped onto it not trying to showboat anymore afraid she might drop it.

"Alright Ayumu, let's go charge through this place and show them who is boss! We are gunna help then get out of here quick! Yip Yip!" She spoke pointing the staff forward. She wasn't quite sure where her teammates were, but she figured running towards some of the chaos she could maybe find one of them in need before making her glorious escape with the lovable Ayumu.

Aiko Uchiha

One by one, each ice sword in the coliseum crumbled, and dispersed into clouds of frost. The temperature began to rise back to normal levels again.

Aiko stared down at Sho’s corpse, her eyes returning to their icey blue. The cold aura she gave off was barely noticable now. Her chakra levels were low, and her head throbbed. Was it all finally over? No, she still had to escape, somehow...

Before she could start her struggle however, a familiar face popped out of the ground.

“... Hideki?” Aiko could only stare at him, obviously shocked.

“I-I thought you were...” Aiko couldn’t finish her sentence, her voice cracked and wavered. She took two strained steps towards Hideki, before practically falling onto him, grabbing him as tightly as she could. The mole boy would likely find himself chilled to the bone. Aiko was more than glad to see him. Afterall, he had been ‘dead’ a minute ago. Aiko dug her face into his shoulder, shivering.

“After everything I went though, you want to drag me through the dirt... you idiot...”

Hideki ukita

Hideki would've enjoyed the moment if he weren't being hugged by a living fucking glacier. Being a gentleman, he did return the hug, though it was still slightly stinging him to do so... "i-i-i-i-i-t-t-t-t--t-t W-w-w-w-w-would take m-m-m-m-more than that to k-k-k-k-k-ill me." he shivered noticing eyes upon them. he opted to cut the cute scene short in favor of getting the hell out.

it didn't take long, the young man was trying his bets to move quickly with his hot(cold) potato of a friend.

Once they were outside, he pushed Aiko up first and dusted her off just abit, because hes a gentleman... Who dragged her under alot of dirt... He then took his time to get PRETTY far from the young lady so he doesn't contract frostbite. "Whats going on with your coldness!? What did they do to yea?"

Misumi Sarutobi

Misumi stopped in a doorway as a dysfunctional and loud group of people started to go past. It looked like her actions, and the actions of her teammates, were successful; though it wouldn't be long until the destruction in the kitchen was noticed and linked to her. Seeing the crowd as the best way to retreat, she barged her way into the crowd.

With the amount of people trying to leave, it was inevitable that she'd bump into at least one of them as she merged into the crowd. Going to back to her snobby girl routine, she let out a "Umph," and angled her nose into the air. If there had been enough arm room, she would have fanned herself as well.

If any of the guards asked, she would have told them that she was using the facilities and missed the whole thing. Luckily for her she didn't have to rely on her story to avoid anymore trouble, either she blended in with the crowd or the guards were busy with other things. Misumi still kept an eye out for trouble anyway, just in case.

Once out, she began to find a spot were she could keep an eye out for her teammates without being near the large crowd of people. She grabbed the paper fan on her back and fanned herself as she waited for signs of her fellow Leaf shinobi. Aiko and Hideki were the first allies she managed to spot.

"I imagine it was some kind of experiment," she said in a low tone after walking up to them. She casually fanned herself as she talked. "I found a book with details concerning Yukari and other people, presumably gladiators. Haven't had time to study it. I did find some chakra pills in the kitchen though."

Misumi glanced over to the cave entrance to the coliseum. Had Takara-Sensei and the others made it out yet?

Last edited:
Sei Teshima

Shuddering, Sei tightened her grip on the mask. Patience, wait for him to come this way. Don't lose your head. She studied the hallway-- a few branching paths but too far away for her to get to before Yoshitsune could reach her. Stick to the plan.

"one," she whispered, holding the mask in front of her, "two," she shifted her weight and took a deep breath. "Is being long-winded another part of your jutsu or are you just a windbag?" Sei rolled her eyes. Seriously? Puns? That was the best she could come up with?

“Three.” She swung down, her feet still clinging to the wall with her chakra and the mask held out in front of her.

Yoshitsune spat.

“Long winded? Know how long I’ve been looking forward to this, girl? Screw it, I’m stabbing you til you stop moving.”

Walking around the corner, Yoshitsune had his weapon ready. As soon as he saw Sei and the mask, he stabbed at it, attempting to impale her through the mask.

“You’re not very stealthy, girl.”

“Now!” A familiar power tingled through her fingers. A fire ball blasted from the front of mask towards the ninja.

Sei blinked. That wasn’t what she was expecting.

The man screamed in the flames, however, Sei would have another problem, mainly the naginata’s blade passing through the mask’s mouth and straight towards her head, and her arms being indisposed. The screaming didn’t stop, indicating another problem as the fire finished, the man was still alive through it.

As the fire died down, the man was left charred, covered with burn marks, and without clothing, but he was still alive.

“Shit!” Sei dropped the mask, jerking away from the spear. Pain shot across her temple. The chakra in her feet started to fade. She flipped and landed on the ground, a kunai in her hand. Warm blood trickled down the side of her face and into her eye.

Maybe he’ll be too injured to fight. Maybe I can convince him to just walk away.

She wove signs again, creating more clones around and in front of her. Think, think, what do you do now? He’s not affected by basic genjutsu, maybe I can run and use the sly mind technique? She swallowed, flexing her grip on the kunai. She needed to immobilize him and quickly.

The jerking of the mask ended the jutsu much sooner, allowing Yoshitsune to escape with less injury than otherwise. Feeling the tug, the man yanked his spear to the side, sending the mask into the floor.

“Hahaha. That stung a bit… I knew you’d be a good fight.”

Panting, the man smouldered a minute, watching Sei while he regained his breath. It wouldn’t take much for him to be back on the offensive, the main thing he watched for was handsigns. They’d be met with a stab from his spear. The clones would also receive a stab if they tried. Who cared if they existed or not?

Sei swallowed, watching him. A frontal assault wasn’t her best option but she would need to get close if she wanted to stop his jutsu; not an easy task with that spear. She frowned and put her hands together but didn’t make any signs just yet. Obstruct his view, cast a genjutsu, get in close and finish him off. Kuro, get your snake ass out of here or else . . .! She didn’t trust herself to search the floor for him.

“Look, I’ve got people waiting on me so could I get a rain check?”

“And give up on having a good match? Not hardly! Some people live for love, other people live for their village. I live, I live for the fight!”

Yoshitsune began to spin his spear above his head once more, building up chakra and power.

“Come at me!”

Sei winced. So much for that idea.

All of the clones moved forward, each weaving different signs. Sei kept towards the back, flying through her signs. Hell Viewing Genjutsu.

She felt the drain on her chakra and silently prayed it would be enough to stop him. The kuni flew from her hand towards his head.

Again a burst of wind erupted from the man’s naginata blasting everything away from him. Seeing the wind unable to interact with the clones he ignored them and immediately dived on the chunnin who the wind would effect, stabbing at Sei with his Naginata, aiming a strike at her stomach. Whether or not she could prevent the wind from blasting her into the wall didn’t matter. The brute was deadly proficient with his spear. A swirl of leaves started around him, making him raise an eyebrow. Some trickery, but if he impaled his opponent, who cared?

Sei saw the spear. [Too close, too close! The wind blasted her backwards. Her back slammed into the wall, knocking the wind out of her. She threw her arms up in defense and braced for the pain.

“Take this!”

He leapt at the downed girl, intent on taking her down as soon as he could see her from the clones. In the leap, he thrust his spear forward with enough force to pin her to the wall like an insect.

A sharp yelp escaped her as he slammed into her. Sei felt dizzy. She reached into her pouch, feeling for something-- anything-- that could help.

The man laughed as he pinned through Sei’s upper arm. A little bad aimed, but who cared?

“Come on… was hoping for a real match. Can’t do anything but a few little illusions? So, what’cha going to without handsigns?”

He let go of the spear to inspect his work. It was anchored to the wall, and she hadn’t seemed to be too strong. It was at that point Yoshitsune noticed something odd. The leaves stopped… and his hands seemed so much smaller. His muscles looked downright withered. He suddenly grabbed her shoulders and shook them, sticking his face right next to hers.

“My biceps! What did you do to them!? This is a fight, what the hell did you do? Turn it off!”

It was genjutsu naturally, as two very large arms were still grabbing her.

Sei winced. Her shoulder ached without adding his strong grip and shaking her. But the genjutsu held. Gritting her teeth, she locked eyes with the ninja just as her fingers closed around the syringe she was looking for. “What am I going to do?” She was panting but she forced a grin. “A rosary pea can kill a man. What kind of flower do you think I am?”

She stabbed upward, jamming the needle into the soft spot where his shoulder connected to his torso. The vile was small. She hit the plunger and saw the dark liquid forced into his body. “Fortunately for you, this is only belladonna.” Her smile grew. “Ever experienced belladonna poisoning before?”

The man backed up at the puncture and his opponent’s gloating.

“Flowers? The only flower I care about is the cherry blossom, its life is short, sweet, and fulfilling, a warrior’s flower. I think you’re a wilted flower, and I’m done with this shit! You’re pinned to a wall. Now, whither!”

The man slammed one palm against Sei’s good shoulder to give him leverage, with his other arm reeled back. And then he punched, his fist coming like a canonball at Sei’s head.

Sei’s hands felt numb as she struggled to form the signs. Binding Snake Glare. The chakra drained from her as a snake shot out from her sleeve and wound itself around Yoshitune’s body. It caught his arm in its coils, slowing the punch, as it constricted its hold on the man.

She could only wait a second before jerking her pinned arm, trying to dislodge the spear. Pain erupted through her shoulder and arm but she jerked again.

Yoshitsune struggled against the snakes, his physical prowess growing dimmer and dimmer.

“Tch, is a fair fight too much to ask against you ninja? You couldn’t do crap to me earlier. You’re weak! WEAK!”

Fear grew in his eyes as weakened started to grow into paralyzed.

Still panting, Sei held still. It hurt too much to move. “Oh, I know that. But you’re losing feeling in your body. You’re not going to be able to breathe pretty soon and if you don’t get an antidote, you’ll die.” She grimaced. The blood loss wasn’t helping her either.

“You people took my friend. You can either die slowly or quickly; your choice.”
The words surprised her. She really wanted to see him dead? “I gave you a chance to walk away.”

“Burn in hell, bitch, I ain’t giving up til I fall in battle!”

Sei frowned. So be it. “Hisashi-sama. . .”

An evil glint appeared in the snake’s black eyes. It constricted further, closing it’s coils around Yoshitsune, crunching his bones. Sei turned away from the sound.

It only took a moment.

“It’s finished, little one.” The snake vanished, leaving the crumbled body behind.

Sei reached up and tugged on the spear. “Damnit.” She grit her teeth and yanked again, letting it clatter to the ground. Blood soaked her sleeve and dripped down her arm. Pressing her hand over the wound, she wandered back to the hallway. A movement by her feet caught her eye.

“Kuro?”

The little snake stuck his head out from behind the broken mask. He flicked his tongue, testing the air.

“Ssorry I wassn’t much help.”

Too tired to be mad, she bent and picked up the mask, letting Kuro wrap himself around her wrist.

He eyed her as she walked. The halls were quiet after the battle, but the sounds of more fighting weren’t far away. “Are you alright, Ssei?”

“We need to meet up with the others.” She continued down the hall without another word.

Ganryu Ganryu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back