• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The classic fantasy

BugDozer73

The silence of the returning wind
For lovers of elf’s, magic, dark fiends, going on quests... chill here for a minute and read. Name’s Bug. Call me a nerd, you would be right.

I’m making a open world fantasy campaign for a small group: maybe four adventures of all shapes and colors. This is going to be set in the world of nymserine, already fleshed out, and follow the adventures of this crew, as wacky and heart felt as it might swing. (Will post link to land lore)

If you are interested in creating a character (tech is medevil with gunpowder) just leave a comment below. All characters will have to follow the dnd 5e character builder. Do not worry, it’s SUPER flexible, and if you have any questions, or ideas for a character I can help you work something out! I know

I'd be interested in this!

I do have a few questions:
1) Do you plan to use the stats from the character sheet for rolls in the RP?
2) If you do plan to use the stats, how should we decide our ability scores? (Standard array, roll ability scores, or point-buy system)
3) Finally would it be fine to use this race: Skeleton (5e Race) - D&D Wiki, specifically the Magic Fluke sub race?

This would be using rolls, which I would monitor. It would also not be using as many rolls, just for the sake of not slowing everything down, but we would still roll initiative, roll for perception, and roll to hit, etc.

Also with the Skelton race, YIKES! that’s definitly spooky and scary. I would say I would hate to restrict you on any way, though I would caution that having an animated skeleton walking around would always make social encounters for the entire group exceedingly difficult :P but I will not say no if that’s what you would like to propose

Well, I'd like to use illusion spells and disguises to help avoid having his skeletal form detected. I don't mean to completely solve the problem, but I would like to at least be able to stick around for general social encounters (talking in a tavern, shopping, etc) without fearing someone will attack me, and alleviate the handicap that the skeletal form would bring to more intense situations.

Well, I'd like to use illusion spells and disguises to help avoid having his skeletal form detected. I don't mean to completely solve the problem, but I would like to at least be able to stick around for general social encounters (talking in a tavern, shopping, etc) without fearing someone will attack me, and alleviate the handicap that the skeletal form would bring to more intense situations.
If you pick a class that has availability to those spells, that would definitely aid you, bone man. Like I said, I don’t wanna restrict your creativity in anyway. So long story short, yes you may play a skele

Just a note but I'm a bit new to dice controlled and D&D functions. Since this is occurring in said world of Nymserine, would my character still be able to be an elf that left Aerenal?

Hey there, I'm interested in playing! I'm currently running my own 5e campaign irl, so I'd love the chance to play a character. :) I'm interested in playing a lycanthrope but I'm not certain yet.

Hey there, I'm interested in playing! I'm currently running my own 5e campaign irl, so I'd love the chance to play a character. :) I'm interested in playing a lycanthrope but I'm not certain yet.
Excellent! Do you have a possible class idea?

I've been really interested in trying out the Druid or Sorcerer classes. If I went druid..I'd like to try out Dream Druid. If sorcerer, then I'd be interested in trying Sea or Shadow sorcerer.

I've been really interested in trying out the Druid or Sorcerer classes. If I went druid..I'd like to try out Dream Druid. If sorcerer, then I'd be interested in trying Sea or Shadow sorcerer.
All of those are excellent choices, however for Druid, are u talking about the UA circle of dreams?

Lovely, when do you think you'll have the CS up?
Is realistic artwork fine? Or do the looks of our OC's have to be human face-claims?

Dice - CS AND RULES OF NYMSERINE DND 5E

BOOM! yes, I am just THAT GOOD! lol kidding.

Also feel free to do any art yourself if you would like, or get any face claims. and no, they don't have to be human. DND has many playable non human races, all wonderful, some terrible, some terribly wonderful. Pintrest is a good place.

I’ll have to re-read that one but I approve of them all! I’ll get a CS page up shortly

Awesome! I used this source here. After thinking about it, I definitely want to give the Circle of Dreams Druid a try, it looks fun and I love the aspects of the game that involve the fey in any way heh. I’m thinking if making my character a Wood Elf or Halfling. I’ll submit something to the CS page soon, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back