• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
[class=border] Height:247px; Width:auto; Border:4px solid; Border-color: #ffffff #6f81de #ffffff #6f81de; [/class] [class=bg_border] border:6px black; border-style:double; [/class] [class=header] Border:2px double; Border-color:#cfcfcf #f2f2f2; Max-height:300px; Height:68px; Width:auto; Background-color:black; Margin:auto; [/class] [class=headfont] font:25px Verdana; color: #4190ba; text-align:center; letter-spacing: 2px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=ssheet] position: relative; width: calc(100% - 0px); height: 243px; overflow: hidden; background-color: transparent; padding: 0px; [/class] [class=face_border] height:189px; Width:167px; border:4px double; border-radius:55px; border-color:#72e8ad #4df3ff; background-image:url(https://animeworld7.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/anime-boyz-animeworld7-1.jpg?w=292&h=&zoom=2); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-size:cover; background-position:center; margin:auto; [/class] [class=scrollr] width: 100%; padding-right: 145px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; font-align: justify; font-width: bold; [/class] [class=intro] font: 22px Times New Roman; text-align: center; color:#465bcf; [/class]

[Div class=bg_border]
[Div class=face_border][/div]
[Div class=headfont]Erasmus | The Site[/div]

[div class=border][Div class=ssheet][div class=scrollr]
Sibling antics and profanity. Why did that feel familiar? Erasmus couldn't help the feeling of calm that came over him through the familiarity of watching the twins squabble just a tad through the introduction. It brought back memories of his doubles, which just made him smile a tad, even if there was unneeded profanity. Toro's commentary even got a chuckle from him.

"Well I can assure you I'm not the sort", he said looking to the twins with a small smile, ignoring the sting from his busted lip. "My name's Erasmus Kwahndin. Everyone, um just calls me Erasmus though." Just as he was about to respond to Toro's particular joke however, he picked up on what Hiru was saying and turned to look at him.

The last part about Yuzuki's comment, just brought back that underlying concern.

Clearly he wasn't the only one that found this all absurd and odd, even for a school punishment this was a bit much. Reaching out and gently patting Hiru on the shoulder as a somewhat awkward yet friendly sign of understanding, Erasmus glanced back at the other three and gave them a shrug. "Wish me luck" was all he said, and from the look he was pretty sure what he was about to do it was a 50/50. "It probably won't matter much, I doubt I'll get an answer but the least I can do is try."

With one gentle squeeze on Hiru's shoulder he was off. "What's that saying" he said somewhat aloud and glanced in Toro's direction as a small smile crossed his features and one bang cliche-ly covered an eye, "'a man's gotta have a strong heart' or something? Ah well, ahem- here goes."

And there he went. Feeling just a smidge warm as he approached, Erasmus ignored it. He was off, heading straight for the lift and moving at a quick gait. Seeing the one he now knew as Yuzuki, he smiled but turning to look at Miss Themis, the Supervisor, the smile. Replaced with a frown, a look of curiosity and just a smidge uncertainty. Erasmus stopped beside her, pulled out his phone, turned the light on and took a look down the cell that would carry them away. Inspecting it.

You hear that? That dead silence? That'll be us. All of us, if we do this shady job.

"Miss Themis," he said still looking into the mine shaft, then stepping into it as a test. Listening to it, checking for signs. "I think you've heard how some of us already feel about this. Community service like garbage collection around the area, cleaning a neighborhood, simple small jobs that even middle schoolers could do would make more sense than...well, this." He turned the light off, pocketed the phone then looked at her, doing his best to keep his distance and avoid coming closer. The height difference might give her the impression he was looking down on her position, her authority-

What if she's a part of it? the thought wormed in. Ridiculous but anxiety always tended to run wild. What if she's part of the Yakuza? Conducting some weird business out here? In it with some weird trafficking plot and duped the school. What if this was all a trick? What if they got hurt? This thing doesn't look the least bit safe to use--.

Breathing in deeply, Erasmus pushed those thoughts away. He was sweating, could feel it, armpits dampening, the back of his neck felt warm-- he sighed. "Miss Themis, he took a step closer out of the lift towards her, leaned forward just a little to her and then whispered: "I have some concerns." Righting himself and stepping back, Erasmus went on with them. In detail. "I understand we are being asked to play some sort of role in helping with this investigation, but if what we saw earlier is any indication with that officer, where is your back-up? Surely you have some. As some of my peers have pointed out, why are you the only one here conducting this investigation and why didn't you bring others to help you, help us? You mentioned the possibility of being injured also. Recompense means little even if health concerns can be..." he nodded to the lift, "reassured. I'm sorry" and he frowned, meaning it. "I don't mean to question your authority Miss. You've shown professionalism in all of this so far and I understand you are doing your job here. But, I cannot in good conscience go down into that mine unless I'm certain there are more officers that will be assisting this cause. I'm not adverse to helping those missing colleagues of ours- but this group is quite large. 18 people if I count correctly adding Toro-san, Jun-san, and Ichi-san. And you are just one officer. If there were fewer of us, as Hiru said then by all means, but a group of 18 going down there...helping in something as important as this when we're just a bunch of delinquents?" he let the rest hang in the air.
[/div][/div][/div][/div]

Mentions: n/a

Interactions: Jet Jet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Veradana Veradana Haz. Haz. Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

SOLEIL 足利
Soleil Ashikaga

Soleil had been in enough movies to know that right now, there were a couple ways this could go. None of them good.​

The ride itself wasn't exactly pleasant. Not by any means would she call it that. But the last ten minutes were at least...enjoyable, for nothing more than the girl she sat on. It took an active effort to not giggle at Kaida's turmoil, unable to stop a pleased smile from crossing her face. Part of her wanted to continue the tease; to take it up a notch, to do something absurd like close her eyes and lean against her...something terribly out of the question, something that Soleil Ashikaga would never do. But that wasn't realistic. Soleil knew that. This whole ordeal—pressing against her, watching her squirm and go red as they bore through an eternity of a van ride—was just a brief and solitary encounter. It wasn't like she ever talked to Kaida much before this, and it wasn't like she was going to talk to her more after this. There was a status quo to be met; an image to be upheld. The image of Soleil Ashikaga, who didn't associate with troublemakers and delinquents. This detention, this interaction...it was a one-time, maybe two-time thing. So, Soleil enjoyed those last 10 minutes. She enjoyed the way Kaida dropped the tough girl image, enjoyed her flimsy excuses to hide her embarrassment, and enjoyed her discomfort.
After all, it was likely to be her only chance.

Like every other of her interactions, it would reach the same dissatisfactory end.

4:19 PM

After 40 or so ungodly minutes, the van finally came to a stop...the end of what felt like an eternal drive. Soleil felt a small pang of disappointment, but mostly relief. Almost entirely relief, actually. Soleil watched as their merry troupe got out of the van, letting them pass by. Some looked relieved (like a certain narcoleptic), while some people looked cautious for being driven out so far. For the most part, they looked how they boarded; disgruntled, discontent, and slightly pissed off. Well, not that she blamed them. Like the rest of them, Soleil would still have to deal with the rest of detention, and deal with the rest of the class. With a deep breath, Soleil slid off Kaida. Not letting the dread-born grimace show on her face as she turned around, Soleil instead smiled. Just like she always did. "Sadly, I suppose it's time to say goodbye to your lap...seeing as we're finally here! Well, wherever here is. I haven't the slightest idea. But~!" Soleil—the one who could maintain poised even then, who had spent the entire trip teasing her—clapped her hands together, before bringing one up to her lips. "Thank you for the seat...chérie~." And for the final bow, she winked and blew her a kiss. Soleil was oh so tempted to stay and watch her reaction, but it was best she didn't. Her gaze lingered her for a second longer than it should've, before turning to leave the bus.
She wondered if Kaida could tell that she was hoping to keep talking to her. She hoped she didn't.

A multitude of things caught her eyes as she walked out. There were the newcomers, for one; not that she particularly knew them. Twins and...a transfer student, maybe? He was particularly vocal in his protests, and she wondered if he had caught on to was struck her as soon as she took a look around. Something that was not helped in the slightest as the Warden gestured to what looked to a long-abandoned elevator shaft, her speech only making her stomach drop. Silently, Soleil muttered "What the hell?" under her breath...
This was way too creepy! Her mind jumped to every horror movie she had watched, and the one she had been in. What kind of detention was this?!—Was it normal to just...take a bunch of delinquents to some field in the middle of nowhere, and tell them to hop down a freight? No, of course that wasn't normal! But Soleil had to calm herself down. So what if this felt like the intro of some cult-classic horror movie? So what if she was going to hop into some abandoned who-knows-what in order to search some missing kids? Soleil...well, she couldn't say that she had done anything particularly more scary or weird. But even so, even if she let her image drop to freak out and protest, there was no getting around it. The short-lived sense of alarm that had made her go tense slowly left her body, leaving only anxiety.

Right. Soleil had to recompose herself, and still meet the same image as always. She didn't quite put on a smile, but only lowered her brow in focus. There were a list of people that Soleil didn't want to be around for this ordeal...and she wasn't quite sure that she could just jump back into Kaida's arms. So, she discreetly made her way over to someone that she could trust. Someone who would at least be reasonable, and not get involved in some fight. "...Kenzo-kun." Soleil tried to not startle him, making her place by his side. "I know neither of us are exactly regulars at detention, but...is this sort of thing...natural? Or is it just me who feels like something about all this isn't right?" Her voice was low, obviously not wanting to catch the attention of the Warden (or others, to be honest). It lacked any of it's usual melody, lacking charm in place of a very real caution.

God damn it all, if Soleil was going in there, she'd at least go with someone she could count on.

Interactions: Arcanist Arcanist Refaulted Refaulted
Mentions: Haz. Haz.

Last edited:
After a rather eventful ride, Rei decided to make Shirou and his lap buddy a punching bag, they were finally at their collective location... an abandoned mine. He did a once over of the separate three that had shown up with another equally suspicious looking driver, two of them looked exactly alike and the other seemed to be a loudmouth who had zero intention to go into the death mine, the two twins had the same disinterested 'Its not a phase mom' look about them. Jordan really hoped that they would just keep to themselves, enough of this group of dregs and social rejects talked too much. After hearing the non twin bring up lawyers, he internally sighed, back in the states bringing up lawyers around cops usually made them a hell of a lot more pushy and confrontational. The one twin seemed cordial enough, Jun'ichi was his name, his brother however seemed like a loudmouth punk who wasn't beat enough as a kid. "Big words for a small man." Jordan said as he looked at the small little fuck.

Something that day was driving Jordan up a wall, and it was Hiru. Not the boy himself, Jordan found him tolerable, it was the fact that he apologized for everything. He had done it the entire car ride, and he was doing it now. The passive nature of the boy made him want to scream, one more "I'm sorry." And Jordan was going to explode. And he heard an I'm sorry after Hiru had tried to argue against the idea of going down the lift. "For fucks sake will you stop apologizing for everything!" he said as he finally elevated his voice above a growl or whisper. "You want to be taken seriously Hiru, well start acting like it." he said as he began walking toward the lift, he brushed past Erasmus who was too busy trying to get out of this extremely weird excuse for community service by being an ass kisser, he turned towards Themis as he stepped onto the lift and tested it. "We doing this or what?" he asked in an irritated tone towards Themis, at this point he just wanted to get this over with as fast as possible and never see these people again. "The faster this gets done, the quicker I get to go home and never see you idiots again, so quit complaining and get on the fucking lift." he crossed his arms and stood tall as he delivered his statement, it was directed towards those who were getting spooked at the idea of going down into an abandoned mine, mainly Erasmus though. None of them particularly like each other from the looks of it, so if they could just play nice for as long as it took they could go about their normal, miserable existences the next and not have to deal with each other.

Haz. Haz. Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

After a rather eventful ride, Rei decided to make Shirou and his lap buddy a punching bag, they were finally at their collective location... an abandoned mine. He did a once over of the separate three that had shown up with another equally suspicious looking driver, two of them looked exactly alike and the other seemed to be a loudmouth who had zero intention to go into the death mine, the two twins had the same disinterested 'Its not a phase mom' look about them. Jordan really hoped that they would just keep to themselves, enough of this group of dregs and social rejects talked too much. After hearing the non twin bring up lawyers, he internally sighed, back in the states bringing up lawyers around cops usually made them a hell of a lot more pushy and confrontational. The one twin seemed cordial enough, Jun'ichi was his name, his brother however seemed like a loudmouth punk who wasn't beat enough as a kid. "Big words for a small man." Jordan said as he looked at the small little fuck.

Something that day was driving Jordan up a wall, and it was Hiru. Not the boy himself, Jordan found him tolerable, it was the fact that he apologized for everything. He had done it the entire car ride, and he was doing it now. The passive nature of the boy made him want to scream, one more "I'm sorry." And Jordan was going to explode. And he heard an I'm sorry after Hiru had tried to argue against the idea of going down the lift. "For fucks sake will you stop apologizing for everything!" he said as he finally elevated his voice above a growl or whisper. "You want to be taken seriously Hiru, well start acting like it." he said as he began walking toward the lift, he brushed past Erasmus who was too busy trying to get out of this extremely weird excuse for community service by being an ass kisser, he turned towards Themis as he stepped onto the lift and tested it. "We doing this or what?" he asked in an irritated tone towards Themis, at this point he just wanted to get this over with as fast as possible and never see these people again. "The faster this gets done, the quicker I get to go home and never see you idiots again, so quit complaining and get on the fucking lift." he crossed his arms and stood tall as he delivered his statement, it was directed towards those who were getting spooked at the idea of going down into an abandoned mine, mainly Erasmus though. None of them particularly like each other from the looks of it, so if they could just play nice for as long as it took they could go about their normal, miserable existences the next and not have to deal with each other.

Haz. Haz. Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

Hiru eeped as Jordan spoke-- or rather, elevated his voice at him, in a similar manner he had done to Minato when she had elevated her voice at him. He hid under his hoodie once more, holding his hands above his head. "I-I'm s--" Quickly putting a hand over his mouth to stop him from saying, Hiru gulped, and simply nodded weakly, seeing as Jordan took the initiative. He wanted to say that this wasn't a good idea and that this was really shady, but he didn't find the strength to do so or willpower. Only offering a small 'okay' under his breath. He had mumbled something under his breath about being worried but giving Minato a look, and the rest of the group.

This...Really wasn't a good idea...

Euuugh...This was bad...So bad...He hoped his grandfather didn't find out about it.

The last ten minutes of their roadtrip had dragged out way beyond the actual confines of space and time. It felt immeasurable, and when the van finally arrived at their destination, Kaida hadn't cared where they were, only that she could get Soleil off her lap and get out of this van. Kaida had stared at Soleil's back with an intense desire for her to get the fuck off her lap. Though Soleil rose with no indication that she noticed the intense stare at her, Kaida let the relief flood from her lips, not even disguising it in the least. Finally. Yet, it seemed the finale for teasing hadn't quite arrived yet, and after receiving her warmest thanks, was gifted with a blown kiss. A single 'uh' escaped from Kaida's lips, and she covered her mouth as she watched Soleil saunter off the bus. Say something, you idiot! Get her back! Kaida willed herself to come up with some comeback, to vent her frustration at falling at each teasing hurdle...but could only show that frustration through her face replicating the colour of her jacket.

Bitch, she thought to herself. How could she let herself be so worked up, and by Soleil of all people? Pfft, whatever. It's not like she'd ever speak to her or see her that much after this whole day was over. Though, knowing that she had chiseled through her like that, and in front of everyone else...she sat for a moment longer, the leather seat squeaking against her grip. 1...2... She started counting , squeezing her eyes shut. Though, she pried them open again, abandoning it. She had no time to apply that stupid therapist's solutions to her, not with everyone filing off the bus. Kaida forced a breath out, before she rose from her seat, readjusting the facadé, her mask, of toughness once again.

By the time she got out of the van, the Warden was already explaining that the current line of thought that where they were standing was where the missing kids had been headed. Kaida half-listened, hands in her pockets as her eyes scanned the heads of those present. She feigned just being curious to her surroundings, when in reality, she was looking for the friendly face of Erasmus. She hated to admit it, but out of everyone here, she felt somewhat comfortable with him. Not too comfortable, though, never too comfortable. She couldn't risk that with anyone. Though, she found he was already speaking to two identical faces that had arrived with with them and another student who had joined - Toro, was his name, if she remembered correctly - from their school. Looking back to those twins again allowed Kaida to recognise them as the ones who gave Shirou a good beatdown after her flirted with one of their girls. She couldn't remember which one's girl it was, but it didn't matter. The guy had it coming, Kaida thought when she had heard it at the time, and she silently respected that someone or well, some people, had a go at him.

Kaida kept silent through the rest of Themis's explanation, scoffing at the part of 'compensation', which she was sure was just what her dad needed in the midst of the crazy few years he'd gone through. She seemed to have little energy to protest to all of this...surrealness, and had let the others do it for them with their varying protests and complaints. Though, it didn't mean she didn't think this was all bullshit, because of course she did. What kind of community service was this, forcing kids to go down some decrepid looking shaft to 'investigate' a missing persons case? Worst of all, looking around in a desolate environment such as this, and knowing the shaft reached below the ground, Kaida found it hard to suppress a shiver climbing her spine. She'd forced herself through enough horror movies to know it was a fucking horrible idea, and she didn't fancy trapsing through some dark tunnels underground, or coming across any bodies scattered in there. Kaida glanced at the ground, shaking her head a little, trying not to let the idea of how freaky it was show in her expression. She resolved to herself, right there, that she'd put on a brave face, get in there, get it over with. It'd all be over soon and it could all go back to how it was.

Kaida glanced up at the change in tone - and volume - from a voice amongst their group. She wasn't surprised when she found it came from one Jordan Dreyer, snapping at Hiru for his constant apologising. She felt her fingernails dig into the box of pockeys, before realising what it was and stopped. She didn't see the need for him to shout at the kid. Sure, he could drive just about any student up the wall sometimes, but she felt his worries in such a situation was justified, and it wasn't as if he could help the apologising as a result. She could see that vulnerability in him, something that she recognised all too well.

Kaida, you're getting soft again. Back it up.

Kaida lifted out her hand and rubbed at her eyes. As much as she wanted to tell the damn American to back off, she had lost all the energy for it. She stepped forward, heaving a sigh, and said to no one in particular, "Dreyer's right. Let's just hurry this up and get this whole thing over with. I got shit to be doing." The sooner this was over, the sooner she could just go home, make sure everything's peachy with Dad, get dinner, and forget about the whole day.

本田 謙三
Honda Kenzo

Kenzo didn't take his time getting out of the van. Between fists flying and words getting thrown towards each other, it was not the ideal environment he wanted to be in at the moment. The remainder of the bus ride had been him just doing his best to ignore the events that was going on, as he just wanted this day to be over so he could go about his own routine, instead of making time for a punishment he didn't deserve. He had seen a few fights in his time, even started one or two prior to high school, but he hadn't been so close to a physical altercation like what he saw since he had returned to Kayatomi, and he was worried that it would have become an even greater brawl if the police officer hadn't jumped in to stop Rei from beating on Shirou and anyone else who had been unfortunate enough to have been even remotely near her target. Those blows looked like they could hurt a lot, though that was saying being punched at all didn't hurt in the first place.

Kenzo listened quietly to the police officer, explaining what they were doing, and he was surprised by their task. Finding missing persons was typically a job left to the police, he had to agree with most of the students. However, sometimes members of communities would offer their assistance to help look for them if they could or were allowed to by police. The more eyes there were, the more likely it was for someone to see something. That didn't dismiss the fact that, where they were, it was incredibly dangerous, even for adults and police. His father would have never allowed him anywhere near an investigation like this when Kenzo was younger, but times were certainly changing. Police in Kayatomi were probably stretched thinner these days due to the lack of crime and the smaller need for officers.

He was interrupted from his thoughts by a voice from his side, and turned to see Soleil addressing him. Though he didn't expect it, his face gave no indication of surprise. Despite the two of them only interacting in an academic setting for most of the time, Kenzo had respect for her intelligence, and her ability to be more friendly than he believed he could ever be. She was always the hot topic at school, from the freshmen to the seniors, but Kenzo did his best to avoid that sort of talk. They always talked about how she was so approachable and charismatic, but Kenzo didn't get that same vibe from her. While smart and kind, she felt somewhat...distant, not completely there. It was a feeling Kenzo knew all too well, but it wasn't his place to say anything about that to anyone. She had her reasons, and it wasn't Kenzo's business.

He turned away from her to look at the mine shaft, crossing his arms over his chest. "If I was too be honest, I don't think this is entirely natural. Sure, I've heard of having problematic students take part in community service to teach them responsibility or respect, and having us help in a search for missing people isn't a far-fetched idea either, but never in a place as dangerous as this. My father, if he didn't have my head on a platter first, would never let me set foot in a place like this if he could help it. Of course, my grandmother would think it would build my character." He glanced to the rest of the group, mainly the students who were labeled as delinquents. "They managed to get so many of our schools troublemakers into this detention, and the timing is good, so they probably thought this would be the best time to teach them a lesson."

Kenzo felt a buzz in his pocket, and looked over to the police officer to make sure she wasn't looking at the two of them standing off from the rest of the group, and took out his phone. It was a green and silver flip phone, which usually caused some ridicule for him, as he didn't have a smart phone like most other students. But in all honesty, all he needed was to text and make phone calls, so he didn't care much for the teasing. He stared at his phone for a moment, typing in a quick reply to a text message before closing it gingerly and placing it back in his pocket, reaching a hand up to his hair and running his fingers through it lightly to the base of his ponytail. "Today just keeps getting worse and worse..." He wasn't speaking to Soleil, or anyone else in particular, but more to himself as he continued to stare at the mine shaft. "Unfair..."

Mentioned: Themis/Warden and Rei ( Haz. Haz. ), Shirou ( CapRock CapRock )
Interactions: Soleil ( loveweaver loveweaver )

A couple of them didn’t seem worried at all about this. If they were, they didn’t give much protest. Honestly, just going along with whatever this actually was would probably be a better idea than trying to fight it. Yuzuki shook her head; why was she even arguing over this? She rubbed her scarred hand. They’d all been brought here for a reason. They shouldn’t have been arguing; they should have just done as they were told. All this would have over a lot sooner if she’d remembered that.

But at the sight of Hiraku flinching, cowering into his hoodie, reacting as if Dreyer was about to smack him, Yuzuki’s chest tightened. She took half a step forward, digging her nails into her palms, jaw clenched, but she forced herself to take another breath, and turned her glare to the ground; Dreyer could probably break her jaw without even breaking a sweat. She breathed, and forced everything downward, forced her face smooth and her hands open. Right, starting a fight would only make things worse for her.

Instead, she turned back to Hiraku. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it, wincing. She didn’t trust her voice to stay even.

“um, Hiraku-kun?” She fidgeted with the hem of her uniform, searching for the right words and actions. “This seems really dangerous but, um,” She put what she assumed would be a comforting hand on his shoulder, “It doesn’t look like we’ll be able to get out of it.” She gave his shoulder a stiff, awkward pat and tried to force a smile. Her words and gaze trailed off. What was she supposed to say next? What would Katsura say next? The resultant argument played out split-second in her head:

“You shouldn’t have to do something so dangerous,” Katsura would say.

“But we do! It was part of our detention sentence,” Yuzuki would reply.

“This is a job for the police, not even an adult volunteer search-and-rescue group.”

“But--!”

Ad nauseum.

“I-If we keep an eye on each-other it should be fine?” Yuzuki said, before following it up with a mumbled, “I think?”

Interactions:
Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

Mentions:
Midrick Midrick

GM
Haz. Haz.

Last edited:
A couple of them didn’t seem worried at all about this. If they were, they didn’t give much protest. Honestly, just going along with whatever this actually was would probably be a better idea than trying to fight it. Yuzuki shook her head; why was she even arguing over this? She rubbed her scarred hand. They’d all been brought here for a reason. They shouldn’t have been arguing; they should have just done as they were told. All this would have over a lot sooner if she’d remembered that.

But at the sight of Hiraku flinching, cowering into his hoodie, reacting as if Dreyer was about to smack him, Yuzuki’s chest tightened. She took half a step forward, digging her nails into her palms, jaw clenched, but she forced herself to take another breath, and turned her glare to the ground; Dreyer could probably break her jaw without even breaking a sweat. She breathed, and forced everything downward, forced her face smooth and her hands open. Right, starting a fight would only make things worse for her.

Instead, she turned back to Hiraku. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it, wincing. She didn’t trust her voice to stay even.

“um, Hiraku-kun?” She fidgeted with the hem of her uniform, searching for the right words and actions. “This seems really dangerous but, um,” She put what she assumed would be a comforting hand on his shoulder, “It doesn’t look like we’ll be able to get out of it.” She gave his should a stiff, awkward pat and tried to force a smile. Her words and gaze trailed off. What was she supposed to say next? What would Katsura say next? The resultant argument played out split-second in her head:

“You shouldn’t have to do something so dangerous,” Katsura would say.

“But we do! It was part of our detention sentence,” Yuzuki would reply.

“This is a job for the police, not even an adult volunteer search-and-rescue group.”

“But--!”

Ad nauseum.

“I-If we keep an eye on each-other it should be fine?” Yuzuki said, before following it up with a mumbled, “I think?”

Interactions:
Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

Mentions:
Midrick Midrick

GM
Haz. Haz.

Hiru momentarily flinched in surprise at the hand touching in his shoulder-- not because it touched him, but because it scared him momentarily. Looking over to behind his shoulder, he could see the sight of another girl-- Yuzuki-chan, he believes. Frankly, the fact that acquaintances of Hiru, if not his entire class is here is...Worrying, to say the least. Still, Yuzuki's words calmed his heart a bit, as soon, he stopped holding onto his hoodie-- slowly pulling it back, revealing his still tired-- but now happy face.

"Y-yeah...You're right..." Hiru nodded-- by what it seems, Yuzuki was one of the friendlier ones, if not a bit nervous like him. "Um...You could stay with me and Minato-chaan if you'd like...A t-trio should be good, yeah? If we...Do get separated down there..." It was a scary thought, but one had to live with it. Hiru checked his phone's battery-- thankfully, his narcoleptic tendencies helped him not waste much-- if not any battery. He smiled and a sigh soon came out of his lips.

"And, um...You can call me Hiru, if you'd like...I don't really mind... It's what everyone calls me."

Toro

36034457_230055144270423_1732583918806237184_n.jpg
The twins were comic, like bar mates twenty beers down they were out place but Aki loved it. Conflict was best backdrops and a smile grew from the show, capping at a slight open smirk. These kids were a riot and not just the twins; the group was a circus and Toro felt part to credit. He'd sparked Themis' question-pile; planting rebellious seeds and dark pride grew from his role. Warden's pants had to knot and he'd been the "chair chucker" to start the forum; it give Toro life knowing this. With one sentence he'd nudged a domino trail of complaints, lethal arguments and riffed speeches from Erasmus and Hiru? A surprising two with the first stoic-quiet and the second straight timid. Then if only to add chaos was Jordan who lost his shit seperately from the rest, focusing on Hiru's shy over the mission's bull.

Weed $20 - Bail $2000 - Watching these kids — priceless. They displayed anti-vibes giving weak ones the world's worst migraine. Meanwhile Toro ate it up, giggling jackal-mad from bickering insults, endless questions, some bullying and the shitty situation itself. Without obvious jokes he'd look odd but in Aki's mind - this - was humor with Jordan's bit the punchline. It was fucked up but funny and yeah he could lay off Hiru but what he said was facts. The bullying was honest and savage, three stars of five for it lacked measure. Seemed subtlety escaped Captain America; was it the McDonald's rotting his head?

Toro would intervene but he had words for the twins first, and looking over he'd prod "Oi Abbot n' Costello, yall are a trip" with a nod, playing their - call us anything - statement with the reference. Obviously it wasn't their intent but ehhhhhh whatever, if they wanted to be mad they could be. The second statement would shore it at least with a less 'troll-ish' — "Today's gonna be fun eh? I can smell the drama in the air. You two here, and him? " nodding Shirou's way with a pause to quip "And they're getting innit already huh?" with undue amusement and a look to the unfolding beef. It called like a moth-lamp and looking at the twins he'd sarcastically add "Gonna get a closer look at the wildlife" in hushed words half whispered. Maybe they'd come with and Toro would welcome it, but he really wanted to get in the show. It was only natural as an anti and strolling to the group he'd pop out the ether with a jackass-grin. It held sarcasm and his faux-friendly face could drive another murderous. Some would pick up and hate him quick but that was their loss! If people got into their feeling they were being soft and needed to get real. All Toro was there to do was offer some support!

"Support" with a shoulder clap to Hiru while sizing up Jordan, followed by a look back at Hiru with the same analysis. Bouncing between both Toro scanned thoughtful, measuring the pair with a pained silence cut by a drawling "I don't think you should take that kind of abuse Hiru! I bet you could fuck Jordan up if you wanted to!" and what a joke that was. Jordan would stomp if looks were true but instigation was key. Toro wanted fireworks so whatever bad things happened had to be made worse.

Not done trolling yet, Aki would look Yuzuki's after with a surprised brow. She was surprisingly hot for a skinny thing but that didn't matter in the moment. His focus had to be passing the instigation to another person. So he'd toss the hot potato, sighing a drawn out - "Right? Bullying is just a terrible.... Terrible thing! Shouldn't Hiru like, do something about it? with breezy eyes flicking between Yuzuki, Hiru and Jordan.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Midrick Midrick Veradana Veradana

Last edited:
SOLEIL 足利
Soleil Ashikaga

Soleil didn't look at the arguably larger man; or rather, she didn't need to. He stood a full two, three inches above her (one of those inches made up by her hat), and yet she didn't need to look at him to take a guess at how he felt. She had noticed the way he hid himself away. How he tried to blend into the background. Silently, wordlessly paying attention to the environment around him...and honestly, she wished she could do the same. The two had never even talked outside of a purely academic environment. The most she had ever involved with him was a time or two where she told off her fellow second-years (and once her upperclassmen) for mocking him. Soleil didn't exactly disagree that the "Helping Hand of Kayatomi" wasn't a pure angel, or that he wasn't a teacher's pet. But at the very least, she could respect him. Respect the way he used a thoughtful caution, respect the way he simply lived, and respect that it would be unfair to drag him into the spotlight that followed her. It would be nothing less of selfish to force that spotlight onto him by interacting with him...Well, except for now. Now was a particular exception from all of that. As the feeling of dread continued to overtake her—an irrational dread, yet one impossible to ignore—Kenzo was someone she hoped to rely upon through this hell of a detention.

Hopefully, nothing would happen. They were just regular students, not the protagonists of some movie. They'd be fine...right?

It was no matter, Kenzo responding to her comment in the same way he always did. The same aloof tone, one that always seemed to create distance between them when she talked. This wasn't the time to worry about such things, though; instead, Soleil simply nodded along to his words. He reached for (or at least tried to) some sort of reasonable explanation about why, in the name of God, the police were sending kids into some mineshaft in search of missing kids. By the time he started talking about his family though, Soleil's thoughts began to drift elsewhere. She let out a chuckle as she imagined how her own parents would react: probably with horror, and then laughter...No. Not the time to be thinking about that, Ashikaga. Focus. Taking a deep breath, she tore away her mind away from her family. Maybe in response to him, or maybe as just a way to take her mind off of them, she spoke her thoughts in response. "If you ask me, I think this group is the worst kind to send looking for the missing students. If it were up to Shirou-kun, or Jordan-kun to find me..." Her mind flickered back to how he yelled at Namaya. Apologizing too much was a bad habit, of course...but was yelling at him in front of everybody really needed? It was both shameful and intimidating. "...Well, I'd rather stay missing." Without thinking about it, her true sharp edge came out in her voice. She wanted to wince once she realized it, but it was too late. All Soleil could do was let the subject drop, a brief silence following.

Soleil glanced at him as he took out his phone. Part of her wondered who still had a flip-phone, and another part of her was actually jealous. With a flip-phone, she could avoid them. Still, instead of dwelling on that, she let him finish his business. She was about to speak before he murmured something about this whole situation being unfair, and...while she couldn't quite disagree, Soleil just pretended to not hear it before speaking. "Following your trend of being honest, something doesn't feel right about all this...and maybe this anxiety is just silly, but...would you mind if I stayed close by, for this whole ordeal?" As Soleil looked forward, she didn't need to use any of her charm. No, it wasn't necessary. The message she was giving out was clear enough; that this shitty situation would at least more tolerable with reasonable company. The type that didn't throw out insults or fists. Not the type to start fights, either, judging by one of the newcomer's attempts to fan the flames of discord. Which was nothing short of disastrous. "I understand we're not friends, but you're at least dependable...and no, that is not just flattery to help convince you." A hand moved over to her hip, her gaze finally looking up to face him. Her expression was distorted in silent, unspoken disquiet. Her true feeling on the situation, free for him to see. "I mean it...Kenzo-kun." His name was spoken softest of all.

Interacting: Refaulted Refaulted
Mentions: Midrick Midrick Celestial Speck Celestial Speck CapRock CapRock Jet Jet

• image4 (1).jpg
    Persona: Unawakened
    Current Buffs: N/A

Interacting With:
    Hiru ( Celestial Speck Celestial Speck ) Jordan ( Midrick Midrick ) Toro ( Jet Jet )
    Mentions:
    Erasmus ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ) Yuzuki ( Veradana Veradana ) Kaida ( Arcanist Arcanist )
    ~ The Site || 4:22pm ~
    Playground || Ichirou’s CS File

Part of Ichirou wanted to know just how much they hated the poor brats that they wanted to send them down. Granted it was far harder to run underground, but them being there didn’t mean that they were going to do what these shitheads wanted. Unfortunately, it sounded like Miss Prissy Pants was coming down with them, and why did stutters want her coming again? Luckily though he was distracted by uh the foreigner? What typa name was Erusumasu Kuwandin? Ugggh nah too long He’s Sumasu now. That is if he talked to him again.

And then there was the odder foreigner talking a shit. He scoffed as the man made a quip at his height. He was short, for now. He was far from capped out yet. Anyways foreigners just didn’t have good measures of height anyways the weirdos could be two meters and still want more. He brushed him off ignoring anything he said with a flip of the bird.

Toro seemed friendly enough. A jokester, good good he couldn’t stand all these serious attitudes. He didn’t even mind the nickname, mainly because he didn’t get what the dude was referencing but hey he was still better than redhead. He gave a shrug to the nickname as a way of showing his semi acceptance of the name.

He saw Jun go for the foreigner and shot him a look to pause. He didn’t know what was ticking him off more, the insults or the way the foreigner was speaking to Stutters, but it seemed his lil bro was itching for a fight. Psssh and people worried about his fights, Jun could take a chill pill once in a while. Actually hilariously enough it looks like people were stacking up their odds. That meant this was going to be fun.

Some chicks seemed to be siding with the foreigner. One out of impatience another seemingly out of necessity to not rock the boat. He was falling in line with his brother, both planning to flank Stutters when their new friend Toro stepped up. Oh yes, now this was fun. He gave a grin to Jun and saw him return a determined fire. Ichirou came up first, as always Jun followed, they both gave Stutters a nice clap on the back.

“Hey Stutters, You know you got this right? Can’t let a silly foreigner spit shit.”

“Geez Sorry about Ichirou Hiru-kun. Still you know we totally back you up on putting him in his place. Like Toro-kun says can’t let bullies drag you down.”

“We can make sure the guys let you get a nice fair fight.”

“That’s the least we can do for our new friend right Toro-kun, Senpai-san?”

The two were flanking Hiru just a bit behind him. The pot was stirred, and chaos was coming. Man did he love entertaining days. Luckily Jun’s shitty hero shit came in useful at times. He wondered if Toro would jump in too.

The twins were comic, like bar mates twenty beers down they were slapstick; out place at the mine but Aki loved it. Conflict was best backdrops and a smile grew from it; capping at a slight open smirk. These kids were a riot and not just the twins; the group was a circus and Toro felt part to credit. He'd sparked Themis' question-pile; planting rebellious seeds and dark pride grew from his role. Warden's pants had to knot and he'd been the "chair chucker" to start the forum; it give Toro life knowing this. With one sentence he'd nudged a domino trail of complaints, lethal arguments and riffed speeches from Erasmus and Hiru? A surprising two with the first stoic-quiet and the second straight timid. Then if only to add chaos was Jordan who lost his shit seperately from the rest, focusing on Hiru's shy over the mission's bull.

Weed $20 - Bail $2000 - Watching these kids — priceless. They displayed anti-vibes giving weak ones the world's worst migraine. Meanwhile Toro ate it up, giggling jackal-mad from bickering insults, endless questions, some bullying and the shitty situation itself. Without obvious jokes he'd look odd but in Aki's mind - this - was humor with Jordan's bit the punchline. It was fucked up but funny and yeah he could lay off Hiru but what he said was facts. The bullying was honest and savage, three stars of five for it lacked measure. Seemed subtlety escaped Captain America; was it the McDonald's rotting his head?

Toro would intervene but he had words for the twins first, and looking over he'd prod "Oi Abbot n' Costello, yall are a trip" with a nod, playing their - call us anything - statement with the reference. Obviously it wasn't their intent but ehhhhhh whatever, if they wanted to be mad they could be. The second statement would shore it at least with a less 'troll-ish' — "Today's gonna be fun eh? I can smell the drama in the air. You two here, and him? " nodding Shirou's way with a pause to quip "And they're getting innit already huh?" with undue amusement and a look to the unfolding beef. It called like a moth-lamp and looking at the twins he'd sarcastically add "Gonna get a closer look at the wildlife" in hushed words half whispered. Maybe they'd come with and Toro would welcome it, but he really wanted to get in the show. It was only natural as an anti and strolling to the group he'd pop out the ether with a jackass-grin. It held sarcasm and his faux-friendly face could drive another murderous. Some would pick up and hate him quick but that was their loss! If people got into their feeling they were being soft and needed to get real. All Toro was there to do was offer some support!

"Support" with a shoulder clap to Hiru and a look Jordan's way. It was a size up followed by a look back to Hiru in the same way. Bouncing between the two Toro scanned each thoughtful, measuring the men with a pained silence cut by a well measured "I don't think you should take that kind of abuse Hiru! I bet you could fuck Jordan up if you wanted to!" what a joke. It was obviously incorrect, Jordan would win big if looks were true but instigation was key. Whatever bad things were happening had to be made worse.

Not done yet Toro would look at Yuzuki after with a surprised brow. She was surprisingly hot for a skinny thing but that didn't matter in the moment. His focus had to be passing the instigation to another person. So he'd toss the hot potato her way, sighing a drawn out - "Right? Bullying is just a terrible.... Terrible thing! Shouldn't Hiru like, do something about it? with a breezy look bouncing between Yuzuki and Jordan.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Midrick Midrick Veradana Veradana

• View attachment 699688

Interacting With:
    Hiru ( Celestial Speck Celestial Speck ) Jordan ( Midrick Midrick ) Toro ( Jet Jet )
    Mentions:
    Erasmus ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ) Yuzuki ( Veradana Veradana ) Kaida ( Arcanist Arcanist )

~ The Site || 4:22pm ~
    Playground || Ichirou’s CS File

Part of Ichirou wanted to know just how much they hated the poor brats that they wanted to send them down. Granted it was far harder to run underground, but them being there didn’t mean that they were going to do what these shitheads wanted. Unfortunately, it sounded like Miss Prissy Pants was coming down with them, and why did stutters want her coming again? Luckily though he was distracted by uh the foreigner? What typa name was Erusumasu Kuwandin? Ugggh nah too long He’s Sumasu now. That is if he talked to him again.

And then there was the odder foreigner talking a shit. He scoffed as the man made a quip at his height. He was short, for now. He was far from capped out yet. Anyways foreigners just didn’t have good measures of height anyways the weirdos could be two meters and still want more. He brushed him off ignoring anything he said with a flip of the bird.

Toro seemed friendly enough. A jokester, good good he couldn’t stand all these serious attitudes. He didn’t even mind the nickname, mainly because he didn’t get what the dude was referencing but hey he was still better than redhead. He gave a shrug to the nickname as a way of showing his semi acceptance of the name.

He saw Jun go for the foreigner and shot him a look to pause. He didn’t know what was ticking him off more, the insults or the way the foreigner was speaking to Stutters, but it seemed his lil bro was itching for a fight. Psssh and people worried about his fights, Jun could take a chill pill once in a while. Actually hilariously enough it looks like people were stacking up their odds. That meant this was going to be fun.

Some chicks seemed to be siding with the foreigner. One out of impatience another seemingly out of necessity to not rock the boat. He was falling in line with his brother, both planning to flank Stutters when their new friend Toro stepped up. Oh yes, now this was fun. He gave a grin to Jun and saw him return a determined fire. Ichirou came up first, as always Jun followed, they both gave Stutters a nice clap on the back.

“Hey Stutters, You know you got this right? Can’t let a silly foreigner spit shit.”

“Geez Sorry about Ichirou Hiru-kun. Still you know we totally back you up on putting him in his place. Like Toro-kun says can’t let bullies drag you down.”

“We can make sure the guys let you get a nice fair fight.”

“That’s the least we can do for our new friend right Toro-kun, Senpai-san?”

The two were flanking Hiru just a bit behind him. The pot was stirred, and chaos was coming. Man did he love entertaining days. Luckily Jun’s shitty hero shit came in useful at times. He wondered if Toro would jump in too.

Oh-- Oh...

"Shit..."

Hiru let out a mental yell of tiredness as Toro and the twins suddenly came in and essentially flanked him. A part of him wanted to melt into the ground and just disappear into the mud. He didn't understand this whatsoever-- why were they defending him? In fact, are they actually defending him? He feels like he could attack at any point. His grandfather did tell him that in case stuff happened, he could just...Attack people in self-defense. But he didn't want that. He...Really didn't like seeing blood, or people getting hurt at all. At first, he believed to be haemophobia, but it was just...His past, really. That, and Jordan was much bigger than him.

...He didn't like unnecessary fights. He was scared of people. These people, all of them, they seemed to be delinquents. His popops always said that he should watch his back around those people-- and never fight back unless a fight breaks out-- and even so, he should just tell him afterward. But he wouldn't have that chance. Hell, even Minato-chan was probably braver than him...

With his hands in his pockets, Hiru tightened his grip on a sharp pencil that was hidden from sight from everyone else, before letting out a sigh-- and closing his eyes.

"...I'm fine." He spoke calmly, trying to let his tired and 'yawning' tone hidden. "...As long as he doesn't start crap again or tries to purposefully harm me...I'll just...Try and ignore it..." Or Minato-chan. Or anyone for the matter. If it's him? It's fine. He'll just close his eyes and sing if it comes to it. "T-thanks, though..."

Aoi Mochizuki | 望月 葵
Feat. Erasmus Kwahndin

Aoi waited but it was clear as a sunny day that she wouldn’t be getting any answer. She gave an audible tsk and leaned back in her seat, no matter how cramped it may be. She popped her earbuds back in and proceeded to look at the bright screen of her phone, as she listened to the music that filled her ears. Ignoring the happenings of the van, no matter how chaotic. It didn’t stop the feeling of irritation that swelled in her chest.

The stupidity of the authority for choosing a bunch of schmucks, at least most of them are. A few others didn’t look like the type to be in detention, like her. She heaved a sigh as she waited for the ride to stop and show exactly where they were going to do this ‘community service’ of theirs. She closed her eyes and just focused on the music until she felt a halt.

4:19

She didn’t leave the van outright the moment the doors opened. She was the last to get out, taking notice of the keys that lightly swung in place as it still hung where the ignition lay. Tempting. Uninterested eyes gazed over the surroundings, a lonely place, maybe abandoned, a mine. Dangerous. Herded towards the lift.

Her eyes flitted to the new faces that came before them. Although she couldn’t exactly hear what any of them was saying, one looked like someone from the ghetto back in the United States and bickering twins. What a great addition to the already dysfunctional motley crew. She gave a stare at the lift’s ceiling, feeling a chill. Her body tingled with caution, she wonders why but her mind just can’t help but scream no. She shook her head slowly with a low chuckle, “No freaking way that I’m going down here.” She muttered to herself.

Ignoring everything else, she found herself near the heterochromatic student who interacted with her earlier. She walked up to him and pulled him away from Themis. At the sudden tug, Erasmus turned his attention away from Jordan who had rudely bumped into him, and looked down at-- “Mochizuki-san?

I’m leaving. And it seems like you don't really wanna be here. Themis left the keys in the van and if you wanna hitch a ride, feel free.” She whispered before hurrying to the van. Blinking, Eras watched her walk off at a brush pace no less. The words he had been about to say to Jordan about yelling at Hiru were forgotten and his attention to the twins and Toro was momentarily displaced as he processed those words.

It wasn't until one foot was in the van, that the words clicked in his head. "...wait" --she didn't, in she went-- "oh no" he hissed, and before she was even at the driver's seat he'd broken into a brisk step and was already at the van door.

"Aoi! Wait!"

Aoi? No one called her by her given name except by her family. She grew to have a hate for it, her name. "What?" She asked, turning around and facing Erasmus. "Planning on stopping me?"

Wiping his palm over his forehead and moving the bangs back over his head and out of sight, Erasmus sighed a breath of relief. Then winced. He had accidentally broken procedure and called her by her first name.

"Uh...well," there was a pause, his eyes flicked back to the exit, the others, Themis, then the ground before he looked back at her. "Yes... I may not like what's happening but we can't leave them if I think you were about to do what you were planning just now. I mean...we can't, I won't...so, please?"

She stifled a laugh. Wondering how did a goody-two-shoes like him got into detention, but that didn't matter. What he said isn't gonna change her mind. "You're nice. Too nice, but I'm still going. I'd rather not go down some mine and look for people who mean nothing to m-"

"So you'd just leave us?" He frowned, eyes slightly narrowed. A step echoed and he was fully in the van now. "If something happened the next day and some of us did get hurt in that mine, you wouldn't care? Even if those missing peers of ours are strangers- still- c'mon Mochizuki...you don't mean that."

"Yes. That's why I'm here, in the van." She clicked her seatbelt on and ignited the engine. "I barely know any of you. You're not my friends--" footsteps pounded "--Nor my family. So, why care?" Her words were harsh but it was the truth, she doesn't even care about her family anymore. She doesn't want those so-called meaningful relationships you see on television. She's been lied to, she's been hurt enough and she doesn't want to be in another situation where her hopes and dreams crumble to dust. "Look, I'd rather you just get out but I've already drawn attention so..." She pulled the handbrake and reached for the stick shift- just to feel a grip on her wrist.

"Miss Mochizuki," Eras said with a strained smile, "do not touch that." Without hesitation he leaned in, reaching for the keys, one hand reaching for the ignition.

"Like freaking hell, I won't." She snarled at him, irritated at the fact that he wouldn't quit it. She forcibly let go of his grip and shifted the stick before flooring it, barely noticing her loosening seatbelt. Tires screeched, the van lurched, and Erasmus, left with no other choice, moved instinctively to try and maintain his balance as momentum did its thing.

Aoi stiffened her arms at the realization that her seatbelt has come off, the van speeding through, she hit her head to the wheel because of the sudden force. She could feel the pain course through her head but anger immediately took over her. "YOU TOOK MY BELT OFF?! ARE YOU STUPID?" She screamed while she tried hard not to bounce off her seat.

Lurched back and smashing into a seat behind Aoi that he barely used a shoulder to block, momentum picked up and he slammed into the passenger seat beside Aoi. Undeterred, he pushed off, got a hold of one shoulder, and then the car jerked.

That jerk led to a fall, and wanting to avoid a second bloody nose, he shifted on his knee and fell over the seat into Aoi's lap, face first.

As Erasmus flail around the car, Aoi tried her best not to tear her eyes from the road that is until he decided to rest on her lap. She gritted her teeth, one of her hands smacked his back with force. "Get up and off my lap!"

Arm flailing in response, the teen's head was stuck under the wheel and Aoi's thigh. "STOP THE CAR!" Was his reply. "I SWEAR I'LL BITE YOU Miss Mochizuki, I'LL DO IT, BELIEVE ME!" Flailing his left arm to try and get a grip of anything while his right arm kept him glued to the driver's seat, Erasmus grabbed blindly to try and get the girl's attention.

She tried to move her legs but her right foot are just as stuck as his head because there was no space to move. "YOU'LL REGRET IT IF YOU BITE ME. GET OFF SO I CAN MOVE MY LEGS, GODDAMMIT."

"STOP THE DAMN CAR DAMNIT!" And in a blind attempt to slap some sense into her, he ended up grabbing something else entirely. "I--"

Her face started warming and dyed in the color of red. Her thoughts were now only filled with killing Erasmus right then and there. She screamed, letting go of the wheel and started hitting him continuously at his back. She was too distracted now, her eyes didn't look at the road ahead. Yanking himself out of the confines he was in, Erasmus defended against the slapfest that came when he surfaced at the flushed Aoi. Slapping and hitting he was distracted as the car lost control and the wheel made sharp twists and turns. In an odd sense of self-preservation and awareness of the situation Erasmus raised a hand, slapped Aoi- then shouted- "WHY AREN'T YOU HOLDING THE WHEEL?!?!" She took hold of it in an instant after getting bitch slapped but it was too late then. "Fuck."

So in some weird twist, as they were jerked with the speed, he took that moment to plant his cheek right against her chest and then with a heave, pulled her to the ground with him so he could cover her.

location: van|| interactions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper || mentions: Haz. Haz. Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Midrick Midrick BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Jet Jet

just note that the Kanji is written by surname-given name

シーミス
Themis

So much protesting. So little working. Themis stiffened at their pleas, ever-cold, ever-unsympathetic. Working in the force exposed her to the miserable routinely, and to no shortage of miscreants either. They groveled, some for lessened sentences, others for forgiveness. What were they expecting, besides that firmly 'no'? She didn't understand it. The law was established to be enforced, after all-- to fall short of that would invalidate her sole purpose. These delinquents were nonexempt; a dime a dozen, each and every one, just cattle to be herded. Kwahndin and Namaya begged and begged on ears that sunk deaf; she regarded them with attention scarce, face onward with brows so knit they dug into her eyes, not a twitch nor a blink to behold in her cadaver-visage. She'd learn to tune them out, and tune them out she always did. What good did the guilty have to say?

Clockwise, she twisted upon her heel. Her answer, if even humored to be called one, came blunt and brisk; "Your being here is a formality. If you have a problem with it, take it to the school faculty."

And then, one could only imagine: 'You want a phone? Tough luck.', in that mechanical monotone, in which her voice would betray only a hint of scorn at the peak of its pitch.

Her gaze darted to the foreigner, as though the hypothetical addressed him, then to Honda and Ashikaga, who exchanged worries in lip-read whispers, then to the twins who bickered in incessance, and that thought-scorn drew fangs that were almost perceivable, as though that resting bitch-face laid with the weight of punishments innumerable. It softened in margin at Fuyoku and Dreyer's compliance, but to a degree one could only discern in scrutiny.

Then a low hum shook her to life, a static charge, and those critic eyes searched the crowd. Two black wigs subtracted, and her dentin glare fell bladed upon the van, which began to whir. Tires screeched and the whole mass rocked in all its weight, chatter-yells and screams of obscenities incomprehensible beneath the cacophonic siren-sound of rubber against asphalt. Her lips peeled, bearing sharpened grimace, wind caught between her fangs. Contempt wasn't a word aptly-descriptive of the spite she fostered. She had low-balled their stupidity - now the chaos which unfurled before her made her reconsider.

The van shot across the field. And just as abruptly as it began to roar, it ceased into silence so suddenly the wind itself fell deathly quiet, as though an audience holding its breath in the mounting tension. A deafening creak, the fold of steel, and Themis stood at the helm with arm outstretched so casually a full five-tonne freighter recoiled violently upon her grip. The hood was dented where she held it, the ground sunken where she stood, but not a dry heave or a flinch from Miss Warden herself, who had just stopped a speeding van like it was nothing. And where her fingers dug, it truly felt like nothing.

Her message was clear, her glare so saw-toothed it hacked through the glass, her voice splitting the now-howling, cheering wind so eloquently it was barbaric;
"Exit the vehicle. I won't ask again."

loveweaver loveweaver Refaulted Refaulted Hououin Kyouma Hououin Kyouma CapRock CapRock Midrick Midrick ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Veradana Veradana Arcanist Arcanist Jeef_jones Jeef_jones Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mayerin Mayerin Jet Jet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Last edited:
[class=border] Height:247px; Width:auto; Border:4px solid; Border-color: #ffffff #6f81de #ffffff #6f81de; [/class] [class=bg_border] border:6px black; border-style:double; [/class] [class=header] Border:2px double; Border-color:#cfcfcf #f2f2f2; Max-height:300px; Height:68px; Width:auto; Background-color:black; Margin:auto; [/class] [class=headfont] font:25px Verdana; color: #4190ba; text-align:center; letter-spacing: 2px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=ssheet] position: relative; width: calc(100% - 0px); height: 243px; overflow: hidden; background-color: transparent; padding: 0px; [/class] [class=face_border] height:189px; Width:167px; border:4px double; border-radius:55px; border-color:#72e8ad #4df3ff; background-image:url(https://animeworld7.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/anime-boyz-animeworld7-1.jpg?w=292&h=&zoom=2); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-size:cover; background-position:center; margin:auto; [/class] [class=scrollr] width: 100%; padding-right: 145px; height: 100%; overflow:auto; font-align: justify; font-width: bold; [/class] [class=intro] font: 22px Times New Roman; text-align: center; color:#465bcf; [/class]

[Div class=bg_border]

Instinct had taken over. Reflexes. He didn't think even though he was terrified and angry and unsure what was about to happen in the next few seconds but for some reason, he had thrown Aoi to the ground violently and then pounced on her like a tiger on a deer.

I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm deadI'mdeadI'mdeadI'mdead- we're going to die! had become the mantra echoing in his mind, the thoughts that rushed forward as he planted himself over Aoi to become her shield.

Panic told him to grab the wheel and wrestle control, common sense told him not to for whatever was about to happen would be worse.

And it's her fault for getting us into this! But it's YOUR FAULT for not acting faster. What kind of idiot doesn't take the initiative when it's obvious someone's going to so something idiotic on a monumental scale?

Thankfully, he could ignore that internal question as he had bigger things to worry about. Momentum picked them up and Erasmus for some odd reason, despite his anger at Aoi, kept his body over hers and took the metal leg in the rib that came as they slid across the van floor. He grunted, breathed deeply to test for any greater pain, and then kicked with his leg so both of them were back in the center.

When the van took a ground shuddering screech that shook them both around, without even thinking he pulled Aoi closer and tried to keep them steady or at least minimize the damage to them both. Wherever momentum took them he wrestled her over to the his other side in a roll and took the impact instead.

Slide forward get hit in the arm, slide to the left get hit in the shoulder, slide to the right take a leg to the back, then to the side and a stab of pain in his shin. He kept his eyes shut and bared it. When the van finally stopped, his whole body was just beyond sore.

Thump-thump-thump was all he could hear. The pounding, the rush of blood, adrenaline- Erasmus rose slowly, unsure what had just happened. What had stopped them? What had caused them to grind to a halt? He shifted, lifted his sweat stained self off Aoi, and on his knees he saw..."Themis?!"

All because you got involved. All because you couldn't let her just go and get herself in trouble. Sometimes you can be so slow it--

Shut up! His jaw clenched. There were far more important things than self-admonishing. Dropping back to all fours, careful with his own aches, he peeked down at Aoi under him. The look of absolute confusion and surprise on his face at seeing Themis there made him completely forget she was there till his eyes locked onto her form. For one brief second, he wanted to be angry at Aoi. He was angry but looking at her, he just-- ugh. Exasperated, he sighed, and instead said: "Are you hurt?"

But then Themis ordered them out and he felt this odd sense of anger rush forward that made his eye twitch. "We'll be out in a moment! Just give me a bloody second!" And he really did need a second, maybe more.

What kind of school was this? None of this was on their website or the reviews, his uncle had checked it out, the school had been fine as far as examination went. Had it all just been a lie? Where were the girl gangs, thugs, hedonists, and people that seemed to care virtually nothing of anyone or even themselves from what he had just witnessed from Aoi. How could these things have been missed, how had he not picked up on it before? Was the school this freakishly disorganized to just throw off his radar or was he really as shit at reading people as his doubts sometimes led him to think? What kind of school thought it made sense to send teenagers into an investigation with this small back-up?!

If his uncle knew what was going on at this exact moment, or his parents, they'd pull him out immediately, the school itself he didn't even want to think what would happen if either his parents found out about this specific incident or what they would try to do, and honestly he was considering transferring now.

"What a day." he sighed in English. Getting up slowly, his rib in particular flaring at the move Erasmus rose off Aoi and then said to Themis, "We're coming out! We're coming out, just..." He winced at the flare of pain in his right leg but, he could deal. With a grunt he was up. After all his medkit had been left behind when he got in this trap so he could just retrieve it.

Looking down at Aoi, Erasmus meant to repeat his last question. But...he frowned and instead said, "It'd be best you come out with me." He turned to look at Themis from the windshield, more disturbed by what she had just done than the actual glare. "And come out with me soon, Mochizuki-san." Exiting, he limped out of the van. Once he was outside he looked at Themis. Eyed her in quiet silence. And then said:

"....I can see from the look in those eyes you don't think much of us. And by us I'm starting to think its not just me or her. Or maybe I'm wrong" he shrugged and winced, placing an arm on his side. "I..." Eyes glanced to the indents on the van, then back to her, "I don't know what is really going on here Miss...but thank you. At the very least for saving my life and Miss Mochizuki's." Ignoring the pain, clapping both hands, he raised them together at Themis and bowed lightly in respect before rising and looking into the van. "Mochizuki-san, come please." He turned and began limping back to the others. "We have a mine to explore and an officer not to piss off even further."

Without a word or glance back he limped towards the others, staring at the ground. Anger, confusion and a lingering sense of disturbed bubbling under the quiet surface.
[/div][/div][/div][/div]

Mentions: loveweaver loveweaver Refaulted Refaulted Hououin Kyouma Hououin Kyouma CapRock CapRock Midrick Midrick ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Veradana Veradana Arcanist Arcanist Jeef_jones Jeef_jones Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Mayerin Mayerin Jet Jet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Interactions: Haz. Haz. Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Last edited:
本田 謙三
Honda Kenzo

Kenzo was honestly a bit taken aback by Soleil's words, the evidence being his eyes widened, eyebrows raised almost to his hairline. Based on how friendly she had been with Kaida on the ride to the mine, he had expected her to first try forming a group with her, so for her to be so brazen here, and honest about her wanting to group up with him for their task, either they weren't that close or maybe Kaida had refused to work with her. Kenzo didn't know they were even that close in the first place, as Soleil always had those silent boundaries she held up. He knew enough about her on the surface that she wouldn't be so intimate with another student that easily, unless there was already a history there, or if Soleil had just tried to find a way to stave of boredom or anxiety by distracting herself with another student.

Either way, she seemed shaken up enough, and Kenzo didn't want to start questioning her and prying her about her motives. As far as he was concerned, at the moment, she was just one of his classmates who was worried about their unfortunate situation. If she needed peace of mind, he would try his best to give that to her. The reminder that they weren't exactly friends kept him aware that, even after today, they may not talk with each other casually again, and Kenzo noted that. It was understandable, the school's resident beauty trying to not make ties to close to the resident delinquents, a crowd he felt he was falling closer into more and more as days went by.

Kenzo sucked a breath in, before nodding his head and letting out the breath, every worry and negative emotion he felt going along with it. "If you're alright with me, then sure thing, we can stick together for as long as you need me. Who knows? Maybe the two of us will end up finding something that the police completely glanced over." He paused, before resuming, his voice lower then before. "Though, I doubt we could find something our detention supervisor couldn't. It's like she has the eyes of a hawk, watching everything and everyone, picking up on everything." He glanced to her, his eyes narrowing. "It really is-"

Before he finished speaking, the squealing of tires drew his attention, and he visibly recoiled at the sudden sound, and his head whipped to the direction of the noise, followed by what he believed was a girl shouting, though that was hard to hear over the revving engine of the great black van as it lurched into motion, the wheels kicking up dirt and pebbles as it came to life. He stared in mute surprise as the van swerved back and forth, whoever the driver was obviously not having much of an idea of what they were doing. The fact someone was trying to steal a police van, much less just any van, was completely irrational. Did they think they could get far? They were literally at an investigation site, with police definitely not too far away. Though they were probably banking on the fact that the authorities wouldn't be able to catch up to them.

Kenzo barely even noticed the female officer wasn't at her previous location. It was almost like he blinked and she had teleported, right in the way of the moving van, which had miraculously stopped right in front of her, where she held an arm out to stop it. He could barely register the sounds of metal in his mind as he stared, dumbfounded, at the scene in front of him. He could barely form words at the sight, a lone police officer stopping a whole car on her own. Its was inhuman. He took in the scene: the dented hood, the metal sounds, the shifted ground where she stood, and her icy response with no twinge of pain or fatigue in it. The whole sight was completely, unnaturally...

"...irrational."

Kenzo snapped out of his confusion, realizing he was losing himself in his thoughts once more, and felt a tightness in his chest, having been holding his breath from the start. He took a couple seconds to breath, and looked down at himself. In the chaos, he had put himself between the car and Soleil, though they weren't too close where it could have caused them much harm. There were a couple small pebbles stuck to his uniform, and some dust clung to it as well. He brushed it off of him as he turned to Soleil. "Ashikaga-san, are you okay? No pain or cuts or anything?" His voice wobbled ever so slightly as he first spoke, but he very quickly collected himself. He turned back to the scene of the van, with a guilty-looking, and also visibly upset, Erasmus coming out, saying something to the officer that Kenzo couldn't pick up. "That was probably the dumbest thing anyone could have done." His eyes lingered on the officer for another few moments, narrowed in thought once more, before turning back to Soleil, holding up a hand to her before stopping, pulling it back as he stared to to his feet. "But we were lucky with the best possible outcome." He turned to the rest of the group, trying to see everyone from where he was. "As long as no one is seriously hurt, I mean."

Mentions: Kaida ( Arcanist Arcanist ), Themis/Warden ( Haz. Haz. ), Erasmus ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper )

Interactions: Soleil ( loveweaver loveweaver )

Aoi Mochizuki | 望月 葵

Before Erasmus pulled her down with him, she was sure that she saw a figure at the front of the car before they crashed. She let her impulse take over her once again, and she didn't just hurt her self this time. There was another with her and the possibility that she just killed someone too. She didn't realize that she had been holding her breath and she still was. Whatever sound the car made when it crashed, her ears didn't register. All that was in her mind was the crippling thought of guilt, shame and the feeling of a huge void in her chest.

This is all me. I'm the one at fault again. Aoi thought as her eyes slowly opened, there was a wet warmth dripping on the side of her face. She wanted to stay in place, curled up inside the van. The blame is mine alone. Why did I do this? Did I want to take the highway to hell that badly? When did I stopped caring? Why did I even tell him that I was leaving? I should've booked it by myself... or did I want someone to stop me?

The thoughts never ceased until she was addressed by Erasmus, but she didn't show any sort of response right away. She slowly lifted her aching head, her stare devoid of the anger that she felt before the crash and was replaced with despair. She wanted to respond but her voice was caught on her throat, her mouth was stuck shut like it was sewn by a thread. She flinched, a hand instinctively went up to her head. Blood. Then a voice cut through, she didn't know how to describe it but it gave her a chill up her spine. Her companion inside the van talked, but she barely listened. She could tell that he was moving, calling her before he got out.

She forced herself up, the soreness hitting her so suddenly that she had a hard time pulling herself up. Shock became apparent as soon as she looked at the windshield. She didn't care about Themis's gaze, no. It was the fact that it was their Warden that they crashed to, gripping the hood like it was nothing. Aoi couldn't help but stare, she couldn't comprehend it. How a mere human could stop a vehicle, at full speed, with a mere hand.

Aoi's thoughts melted as she heard Erasmus thank Themis for saving them, but unlike him, she didn't feel thankful to be saved. But she's relieved that he is alive, only because she never really thought of dragging someone into this kind of situation with her impulses. She gently opened the door of the car, keeping herself steady as she held to it for support. She felt sluggish as she closed the door, trying to steady her breathing. She could feel the pain of her head increasing, but the blood has somewhat dried. It was clear that she has sprained her left wrist from the accident.

Dull black eyes stared at Erasmus's figure and then to Themis, keeping her eyes locked on to the older woman before following her school mate. Just like him, her head was cast down, but any emotion she felt she pushed down to the depths once again. I should've just dropped dead two years ago.

location: with the group|| interactions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper || mentions: Haz. Haz.

Hiru really didn't know what to think.

Maybe it was because of the sheer amount of information and events that went down in these last 9 seconds and a half. One moment, everything was tense, him in the middle of three delinquents (sort of) and Yuzuki in the middle of it all. In the next, his prayers of this situation suddenly disappearing were heard-- and done with perhaps with a little too much effort/overall effectiveness. There was truly nothing new to be said. In an almost ironic turn of fate, the car he was afraid of suddenly started to move. It was enough to put Hiru dead in his tracks, completely frozen, even more so then a caveman in solid ice. What was worrying was that nobody was driving the vehicle.

I...Is it going to kill me?

He wasn't sure why he said 'me/him' in such an unspecified manner. The van was large enough to run over the entire group in just a few lap and drives. Soon, however, he realized it was his natural phobia of cars speaking for itself, taking over his mind, and just make him think of naturally the worst possible outcome of this ridiculous scenario.

Like a deer on headlights despite the fact, the car wasn't even facing him, Hiru simply stood and watched, frozen almost like a statue, his eyes wide and threatening to dry out with the lack of blinking from his part. He didn't even realize Themis moving and stopping the car. For him, in that exact moment in the 'reality' inside his mind, Themis was non-existent. Just a irresponsible, psychotic, idiotic, retarded person who suddenly appeared in front of the car.

For a moment, the car seemed like it was going to crash into her, which almost made Hiru run towards her, almost in a desperate attempt to push her out of the way despite the fact she was much farther away than him and it was impossible for him to reach the speed levels necessary to even get close to where the van was. However, in a display of either supreme luck, coincidence, or just overall fate reminding itself that 'oh yeah, it hasn't been an hour' and kicking bad karma away, the van stopped. At that point, Hiru felt close to having his heart stop as well. He blinked, his eyes naturally watering thanks to his eyelids moisturizing them.

Erasmus came from the passenger seat. Aoi came soon after.

One was limping, the other had a head bruise. Hiru soon understood what happened.

Did...Did they try to escape? I-it hasn't even been an hour, and they TRIED to escape?! No, Erasmus-kun isn't the sort to do that, but--! Are you KIDDING ME?! Do they even ha--have a license! T-They could have crashed burned and died by the sheer weight of the car closing in on them like some sort of venus flytrap! Are they...Are they...?!

"FUCKING IDIOTS?!"

Hiru didn't even mind watching his tone, he didn't mind if Themis reprehended him for it. "Y-You! What were you all thinking?! Do any of you have a car license?! Better yet-- do you know how to even drive a van which is inherently different than a car in the middle of nowhere?! Where do you think the city is, even?! We're kilometers away-- a-and you nearly threw your life away because of what?! This stupid investigation?! What did you think was going to happen?! You were gonna drive off in the distance, into the sunset, like the Redline movie and never see us again?! You both could have died, or worse!"

Panting heavily, Hiru groaned and let out a muffled yell through his teeth, holding his head. It's in the past. 5 seconds have passed since this event, and 11 years since that other one. It's in the past.

...A defeated sigh. Hiru grabbed Erasmus medkit, looking almost apologetic, but still clearly angry, or at the very least, annoyed.

"...You two, get over here. I'll see how bad you've hurt yourselves. And don't deny it, I won't take no for an answer."

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

• tumblr_plyyidl0RV1ru9gdho1_1280 (1).png

Interacting With:
    Erasmus ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ) Aoi ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum )
    Mentions:
    Hiru ( Celestial Speck Celestial Speck ) Jordan ( Midrick Midrick ) Warden ( Haz. Haz. )
    ~ The Site || 4:25pm ~
    A Dark Sign || Jun’ichi’s CS File
    He wasn’t exactly done being angry at Dryer, but even he knew how to back off. Hiru wasn’t going to throw the first punch, unfortunately, which meant all he could do was keep an eye out. Even so their little scene kept them distracted until the distinct sound of an engine revving up faster than it could handle appeared. His first response was to wince as the sound continued. The second was to gaze on with complete amazement that they would try to make that obvious of a break for it. He did a quick glance over and felt even more surprised. Erasmus? Really? Unless he was miscounting he didn't see anyone else come out.

He could feel his face begin to pale as he saw the car begin to swirved as it drove away. Oh oh no Erasmus was driving? Did he know nothing about cars? He wouldn’t be surprised if Erasmus hit something or someone on his little joyride home. He dropped his arm from Hiru as he turned back to the Warden and she was no longer there. He turned to his brother only to find him recording with his phone.

Before he could fully comprehend the terror Hiru bolted from their side. Then the roars came to a halt.

The warden stood holding the van. That made no sense, yet his eyes were watching it happen. He elbowed his brother to put away the phone. Part of him wanted to look at the record but another part was worried that if the warden saw it the phone would be snatched away. He didn’t want to piss off this woman, it seems his initial thoughts had been justified. This woman was someone to avoid at all costs.

His brother however seemed entirely too mesmerized by the actions. It never spelled good things for either of them when Ichi was interested. He just hoped it was the warden he took an interest in because his poor brother would have more than his heart snapped in two if that were the case. He made a motion to his brother and they were off following the speedy Hiru.

As the car was stopped the two sprinted closer to the crash because even if they hadn’t quite hit someone they had crashed spectacularly. As Jun closed the gap he noticed that Erasmus certainly wasn’t the only one there, and more importantly, they were injured. This wasn’t the school ground they didn’t have any nurse to go to. Nor were they lucky enough to have supplies on hand. He liked to carry around bandages but he’d left them in his bag, which was still at the school.

“Hey Cutie, you okay that’s an impressive head wound you got.”

Oh god Ichirou now was not the time. Wait no yes he’d be the best to check up on her he gets wounds all the time! Part of him wanted to tell him off but his brother had always been the more charismatic of the two. Hopefully, he’d put her at ease. He saw him going for her hand out of the corner of his eye and he couldn’t tell if he was flirting or making sure she wasn’t in shock. Knowing his brother it could be both.

He went back to staring at Erasmus, who looked like he was carrying himself with some pain As a near instinctive measure he began circling him checking for wounds. After all it's not like he wouldn’t have any they just damn well crashed. Hiru was already looking angry but ready with a medical kit, lucky them, so the least they could do was help diagnose the two fools.

“So Sumasu-kun how are you feeling? You done with your joyrides now?”

It seemed from Yuzuki’s intervention that this chapter of ‘Jordan blowing his lid’ was coming to its conclusion. Kaida had hoped for that too soon. That other kid, Toro, was already egging on Hiru, stirring the pot thick and fast to see it boil over between him and Jordan. Kaida grimaced. The squirt had no hope against him. That was Kaida being kind about the matter. The twins soon joined in on Toro’s egging, flanking the kid and almost looking like they were cornering him. She recalled the distinct memory of when she was in middle school, watching her father and a colleague trying to coax a dog back into its cage, shaking, whimpering, and yet, baring its teeth in a show of defense. She couldn’t help but compare Hiru to that dog, only, the difference was, Hiru was being shoved into a bear cage, with a bear that stood heads above him.

Kaida wasn’t scared by Jordan and his violent outbursts, but she was smart enough to know that he would pummel Hiru so deep into the ground that he’d start pushing up daisies. She had considered stepping in to stop the whole affair - though, not necessarily to jump to Hiru’s defense. She’d disguise that concern with her usual mean-spirited comments. Can’t be seen to be siding with anyone, letting alone show concern for another student. She had the line ready and all, perfectly scripted and ready to let rip.

“Hiru’s gonna get knocked down in the first five seconds and be crying for mercy,”
she would start, deliberate unkindness nailed into her tone before she would continue with, “either that, or Jordan’s gonna drill a new hole in his head before he can do that. I wouldn’t pay to watch a fight that’s over that quickly. Where the fuck is the fun in watching that?”

Just as Kaida was about to walk forward and deliver her monologue, Hiru didn’t rise to the encouragement, preferring to keep his limbs attached and working. Okay. Good. Now they could get on with--

A deafening screech caused Kaida to whirl around on her feet. “What--?” She started, but had cut herself off at seeing the once stable van lurch and propel forward. “HOLY MOTHERF--!” She found herself transfixed on the moving van, though, moved her arm to defend her eyes by the sudden kick-up of dirt and asphalt. Who the hell’s bright idea was it to hop back into the van and try and take off?! And if they were trying to make a quick getaway, it was pathetic, if anything. Whoever was driving needed to go back and take lessons, if they even began with any. Kaida eventually peered over her arm at the sound of crushed metal, the tyres screeching against the asphalt in an untimely halt. Her mouth dropped.

The Warden had done a number on the hood of the van. Sure, a hard enough punch and a good few weeks of splitting pain in your knuckles could make dents in anything. But gripping onto a vehicle, a once moving vehicle, with not even a flinch or a sign of broken bones? That shit couldn’t be real. No way. No way in hell. Themis did not just stop a moving fucking van on her own like that. Did she?

“W...what the fuck, man?” Was all Kaida could muster in her horrified, yet, awed stupor. And it seemed everyone else around her was caught in that same, tense limbo, waiting for the culprits to exit the van. The first did so, and the genuine surprise that slapped Kaida in the face was clear to see. Erasmus? Kaida could only let out a chuckle, though there was little amusement, only a strained nervousness gripping onto her throat. Was he...driving? Was that why he was so shook up?

Kaida felt a strange sensation in her body. She had been standing there, physically watching this chaos, and yet, part of her felt elsewhere. Almost as if she was watching it from a higher vantage point, dream-like and out of her control. She felt an uncomfortableness settle in her, this feeling of things being totally out of her hands that she couldn’t control. She clenched her fists, willing the feeling to dissipate. She began to peel herself from the faux dreamscape to look around at the frazzled group around her, counting heads and confirming faces as if to make sure she didn’t see Erasmus emerge from that van. She noticed that the girl, Aoi, wasn’t among the faces safe on the ground. Fuck. What was happening?

Kaida couldn’t help but scan over the faces again, as if to do another headcount and really confirm it. Her eyes reached Kenzo first, who had put himself between Soleil and the van, confirming she wasn’t hurt, before looking to others for that same confirmation that no one found themselves harmed. Kaida never answered. Her eyes moved again, this time to Soleil.

Something changed. Whatever niceties she spouted or wide smiles she had stitched onto her face in the van had vanished. This was something she couldn’t have predicted - or any of them, for that matter - that had completely thrown her off. That stupid smile she had in the van had been cracked wide open, some vulnerability peering through the cracks.

Then Kaida locked onto Soleil’s eyes when they moved in her direction. That was the moment where both parties would tear their eyes away and pretend it never happened at all. Kaida couldn’t seem to do that, and she instead gripped onto that gaze. The normal intensity in her brow grew loose, and she felt her eyes soften, not of her own volition, she noted. The girl knew this standoff was running its course, that her own stare lingered for too long, but it was strange. Something in Kaida was attempting to communicate this feeling, something more than just her standoffish and crass nature. Some… genuine concern.

[class=border] Height:247px; Width:auto; Border:4px solid; Border-color: #ffffff #6f81de #ffffff #6f81de; [/class] [class=bg_border] border:6px black; border-style:double; [/class] [class=header] Border:2px double; Border-color:#cfcfcf #f2f2f2; Max-height:300px; Height:68px; Width:auto; Background-color:black; Margin:auto; [/class] [class=headfont] font:25px Verdana; color: #4190ba; text-align:center; letter-spacing: 2px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=ssheet] position: relative; width: calc(100% - 0px); height: 243px; overflow: hidden; background-color: transparent; padding: 0px; [/class] [class=face_border] height:189px; Width:167px; border:4px double; border-radius:55px; border-color:#72e8ad #4df3ff; background-image:url(https://animeworld7.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/anime-boyz-animeworld7-1.jpg?w=292&h=&zoom=2); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-size:cover; background-position:center; margin:auto; [/class] [class=scrollr] width: 100%; padding-right: 145px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; font-align: justify; font-width: bold; [/class] [class=intro] font: 22px Times New Roman; text-align: center; color:#465bcf; [/class]

[Div class=bg_border]

Deep breathes. In. Out. In. Out. In, out. He had to focus- get his thoughts back to their natural calm. Seeing what Themis had done was disturbing. More than he thought. As he walked he barely even paid attention to his surroundings. All he could really think about was how bizarre all of this was.

What is going on? What are we really doing here? And most importantly, how had Themis done that? It was absurd, mesmerising. But what was she? He recalled something, what was it...Kiki? Kinji? No...Kijiro? Kirijo...Kirijo!

The Kirijo Group! But, what was the relation? What was the connection between them and Themis? Was she some kinda private detective that worked for them or something? It didn't explain anything though, how she did what she did, why she could do what she did.

He looked up and just now noticed everyone was watching them. Out of reflex, his next step froze and Erasmus averted his gaze to the ground to focus.

The last thing he had wanted was attention like this. As if to mock him the pain in his side, probably around the 8th or 9th rib hadn't subsided and there were specific aches now from his back and right shoulder. Rolling his shoulders just made him wince and it was at that moment he realized a particular lack of footsteps beside and around him.

Eyes narrowing, he turned to see what exactly was going on- and that's when he heard Hiru's voice. Heard, but didn't react. Aoi was just emerging and now that he thought about, actually thought about it, this van had been a police loaned vehicle and given what had just transpired with the damage and the attempt at taking a vehicle without said officer behind the wheel all of this could only mean--

"Ohhhhhhhh, fuck me" his lips barely moved, voice hardly even a whisper. Erasmus didn't even pay attention to the fact Hiru and the twins were running towards them- his ears picked it up but his mind was elsewhere.

Hahahahaaaaaa! Why should we care about her? Serves the self-centered harlot right for not thinking with a brain cell before pulling the stunt she did!

She--

Nearly got us FREAKING KILLED! AND FOR WHAT?!

Some misguided attempt at fleeing. Themis would have reported the vehicle stolen immediately, she has a walkie-talkie on her! We tried. Let her reap what she sows.

And that was when he noticed Ichi run on by as he turned his attention to Jun and Hiru, missing virtually everything Hiru was saying as the thoughts in his head convinced him that Aoi was getting what she rightly deserved, and he should just ignore her from now on.

Not like you could have tried to, I don't know...STOP HER or anything!

Closing his eyes and breathing in deeply, Erasmus pushed the rest of that drabble down. His shoulders slumped just a little as he watched Ichi approach Aoi, but...he did smile just a little seeing the attempts the first year was making. That at least might do Mochizuki some good. If not? Well he would keep an eye on her.

Not just her...but everyone. There was something more to this insistence they go down that mine and he had a hunch, he just wasn't sure what that hunch was.

“So Sumasu-kun how are you feeling?"

The question startled him and he immediately moved away to create distance.

"You done with your joyrides now?”

That, made him frown. "I'm--" he winced while straightening out, "a bit bruised actually. And yes, but it was neither joyful or fun. I'd" he paused, thinking, "would prefer you not say stuff like that." Throwing a glance at Aoi and noting that distant look in her eyes before looking away. "Especially not to her or around the officer after what just happened. Hiru" he faced his upset peer and upon seeing his kit immediately frowned then sighed. "I apologize. You should have let me just limp my way to perform my own diagnosis. I appreciate all three of you rushing here regardless. Let's get this started. Jun", Erasmus said taking his jacket off and hanging it over his shoulder as he began unbuttoning his school top. "I'm uh going to need you to hold my shirt. Hiru, there's a few ice squares in a compartment under the kit. You'll see a button, press it and should let the ice box go." Saying all this, Erasmus continued his semi-stripping. "I need you to check my body to see how bad these bruises are."

[/div][/div][/div][/div]

Mentions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Haz. Haz.

Interactions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

SOLEIL 足利
Soleil Ashikaga

The scene that played out before her was like something from a movie.​

In the beginning, she had held something of a...cautious hope. After all, it wasn't often that Soleil Ashikaga willingly gave away her genuine feelings. That she betray her delicately crafted image, letting the true unease laying beneath show. Granted, it was only to one person she barely knew—but even that was proving difficult. Kenzo was sure to have the same expectations of her as others. How could he not, with the image of herself she projected? It was impossible to not worry over the dozens of what-ifs that ran through her mind, but it was also impossible to think she could go through this all by herself. Uncertainty built up. She was about to rescind her request, until...unflinchingly, without question, he accepted her. Soleil paused, before letting out a weak laugh. "...Ahah...Of course I'm alright with you. I wouldn't of asked you, out of everybody, if I wasn't." The relief flowing through her was clear in the sigh she let out, the gratitude evident as she bowed her head. Kenzo being with her ultimately didn't change anything, and she knew that. They would still have to enter that damned freight. Still head downwards into the unknown. Yet, knowing she wasn't alone made all the difference; knowing that, she could move forward. "Thank you, Kenzo-kun...really~. And I think you're right." Soleil looked back up to him as she let a small smile cross her face. She no longer spoke in a voice of unease and uncertainty, but now in a calmed focus. "I don't know how we could find anything the police couldn't...we're just students, after all...—"

Then, that moment was broken with the ignition of a car.
An engine whirred to life. Tires screeched against the ground below. And just like that...the van took off. Soleil looked first at the moving car, and then at the Warden. Then, she muttered "Oh, fuck." in the realization that it wasn't her who was driving away. A lot of thoughts went through her mind all at once—the first one being to wonder who would do something so...so...ridiculous?! This wasn't some show or movie, where someone could just pull a stunt like stealing a police car and expect to get away with it! Her eyes scrutinized the group to try and see who had been dumb, or bold, enough to try; Rei was there, Shirou was there, Jordan was there, the newcomers were there...so who, then? As her sight returned to the car, it dawned on her that it seemed like they probably didn't even know how to drive with the way they were handling it. The worry in her began to spike, and but before she could even think of doing anything—it all came to an sudden stop. The van went completely still, and Soleil could do nothing but step back in pure disbelief.

No. There was no way. This sort of thing only happened in fiction. She wanted to believe that there was some other reasonable kind of explanation for what she saw, yet what she saw was the undeniable reality. The reality where the Warden stood in front of the van. Unharmed, unflinching. Her outstretched hand denting the hood she held onto, the ground underneath her shifting as she remained firmly in place. Soleil tried to form any other sort of conclusion, anything that'd make sense. But she couldn't.

Soleil, for the most part, had regarded Rei as the scariest person she knew. That was now obsolete as the Warden took #1.

It took her a second to remember where she was, to let out the breath she had been holding. Her heart had started pounding, but she forced herself to be calm. Kenzo stood between her and the van, and while she was instantly grateful to have chosen to be by his side...her mind was in a sort of daze, trying still to grasp at what just happened. But Kenzo's outreached hand snapped her back to reality. Barely catching his question, all could muster a nod and a "mhm" in confirmation. Her attention quickly drifted elsewhere, and she continued to face one shock after another as it Erasmus and Aoi stumbled out of the van. Those two...well, they weren't her first guess at who was trying something so stupid. After seeing their injuries, Soleil naturally surveyed the group for any other sort of injury. And that's when she caught it. The stare of a certain delinquent.

Kaida was staring right at her, and Soleil found herself caught off-guard. Being stared at wasn't unusual for her—in fact, being an actress, she was fully prepared to deal with the fact that thousands would stare at her on screens. Yet, even so, Soleil found herself wholly unprepared for the way she looked at her. It made her stumble before she could put on her mask, before her composure could recover from the whole situation. And in the end...Soleil didn't put her mask back on. She couldn't. Kenzo's words didn't register with her; Namaya's angry rant faded into white noise. Soleil, the girl who had more experience than anyone here in manipulation, who could always hide her emotions and feign others...felt the blood rush to her face. Was this how Kaida felt in the van? Oh god, was she getting a taste of her own medicine? But it didn't feel like she was being toyed with at all—and that was what flustered her the most! It felt...it felt a bit...genuine.

To an indescribable degree of difficulty, she tore away her eyes from Kaida, tucking her hat down to hide her reddening face. Soleil barely knew her, and being caught vulnerable was a one-time thing. That was what she told herself, at least. Maybe...it would be nice, if—No. No, there were a lot of other things she still had to deal with. There was still coming to terms with what the hell the Warden had just done, with getting into the mine, with handling their mess of a group, and most importantly in regaining her image. Things right now were a mess. It would be expected after that stunt, but it was chaos long before they even stepped out of the car. Though Soleil...really didn't want to interact with anybody, someone had to at least nudge the group in the right direction. So Soleil cleared her throat, and opened her mouth to speak—but then she glanced back at Kaida for just a second, and the words choked in her throat as the red on her cheeks burned brighter. She paused, taking a deep breath. She cleared her throat again. And this time, she didn't look at Kaida, but to the the group in general.

She was back to being Soleil Ashikaga, the mask back on. After those brief moments of vulnerability, she was back to her same, graceful composure, as if whatever it was that had just happened didn't affected her at all. "Excuse me, everybody...!" She raised her voice, preparing herself for the intense gazes of everybody to focus onto her. It was no matter. The spotlight was nothing new to her. "Look, we all want to go home. If it weren't for you all trying to start a fight," Her gaze stopped on the newcomers. "And others trying to ditch," Then, it moved over to Aoi and Erasmus. "We would already be closer to being done. So if you're all finished making this harder for yourselves, let's get this over with already, alright?" It wasn't an attempt to charm them, so her voice lacked it's typical allure. In it's place was a firmness (one she didn't quite think would work on some like Rei or Jordan), meant to at least get them going. With that in mind, Soleil began to make her way over to the mine, hoping Kenzo and the others would follow.

She hadn't even stepped into the freight yet and she was absolutely done with it all.

Interactions: Arcanist Arcanist Refaulted Refaulted (Entire Group)
Mentions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Jet Jet Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum The Regal Rper The Regal Rper CapRock CapRock Haz. Haz. Veradana Veradana ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Hououin Kyouma Hououin Kyouma

Last edited:
Thankfully, Hiraku hadn’t risen to Toro’s bait, but the situation didn’t seem like it would defuse itself, as Toro tossed the bait to her, with the twin first-years joining in.

“N-no, I mean,” she avoided their eyes, searching for the right words. She shook her head. They had nothing to do with this. They were all just stirring things up, out of what, boredom?

“If you want to get in a fight, then go do it yourself instead of dragging random people into it,” she spat, but the instant the words were out of her mouth, that she realised she’d said them out loud, Yuzuki froze. She stepped back, blocking her body with her arms.

“I mean-“

The roar of the engine cut her off. The van moved, fishtailing around. Yuzuki’s head swerved from person to person. The only person crazy enough to do something like this was Kimiko. However, Kimiko stood out like a sore thumb, even in a group like this. Yuzuki blinked, and furrowed her brow; the only people missing were Erasmus and Mochizuki. The van swerved, and Hiraku froze alongside her.

She blinked again, in time with the crunch of steel. She blinked again, and again, but the reality in front of her didn’t conform to normalcy. Themis stood, van in hand, before them. Yuzuki’s vision skewed, and in the distance, she vaguely heard Hiraku’s screams, as Erasmus and Mochizuki stumbled out of the van.

While everyone else moved around her, Yuzuki stumbled back. Themis had just stepped, no, not stepped, no one had seen the Warden move; it was like she had teleported, but that was impossible, but was it more impossible than her stopping a moving van with her bare hands? Themis hadn’t so much as even flinched from the impact that left the van dented. Yuzuki visible paled. This was someone who they had no hope of ever going against.

And then Ashikaga spoke up, still playing at being the Teacher’s Pet. Maybe she still thought that grovelling at Themis’s feet would help her case. It had never done Yuzuki much good in the past. These sorts of people didn’t have anything resembling a ‘good side’. At best, they would tolerate you. However, Yuzuki would have to begrudgingly admit that Ashikaga was correct. The idiots trying to escape in the van clearly didn’t have two brain cells between them.

Yuzuki sighed, nothing to be done now, same as it ever was. Hiraku and the others took care of the injured. Serves them right, Yuzuki thought, for the briefest of seconds before pressing the heel of her hand to her forehead, grimacing. Silently, she plodded after Ashikaga.

Haz. Haz.

Jet Jet Celestial Speck Celestial Speck loveweaver loveweaver BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Toro

36034457_230055144270423_1732583918806237184_n.jpg
It seemed Hiru missed spine in his starting stats, endemic avoidance ducking the bait. He'd never fight Jordan and instigations were wasted breath, displeasing Troll-King Toro. The thief wanted WWE action but it canceled quicker than Firefly with Hiru snuffing the smoke. A boring hum-drum choice but it was the kid's best move, he'd be starched if the fight happened. The mismatch was clear so Toro couldn't fault the backstep but what a show it would've been eh? Nothing like a fresh suplex in the morning — as grandma used to say.

Alas, the trip was robbed of a title-fight. Mission failed we'll get em next time - but silver linings grew from the building clique. The twins were great allies with their insidious passion and respect for Toro — "Senpai-san" one even said! Aki joke suffixed alone but he took the sentiment, respect-nodding in reply to the double honorific. I was a sign of building foundations despite limited talks and befriending them was an exciting prospect. Only true psychos would challenge their rep combined and with enemies about it was key to have savages at the side. They'd be a strong group of public enemies to draw ire from those like Yuzuki with her goal-line defense of Hiru — how cute.

Skinny was a vicious one eh? Her tone was a rapier with accurate logic Toro couldn't argue. Exposing the bullies to the bone she shocked Aki but it didn't offend him; the boy didn't fight facts with feelings. Instead he took the wave like a levi, turning her way with his chest squared to brave the storm. It was a battle of will and her aggression impressed but Aki staked deep with hands to hips, embracing Yu's spirit with playful eyes. Like most at the mine her look matched little else and joy ran Toro's fox-smiling features; he loved surprise passion. She was just as shocked by it too which was just awwwww - so god damn adorable. She was interesting and Toro had much to say — starting with something slick he'd parlay pop culture references to smooth things out. But Toro never had the chance to follow through, everything cut as shit slapped a fan.

Eyes popping at the fresh hell, Toro would half shout with absolute confusion — "Oi-oi is this a joke?" as some idiot jacked the van GTA style. The mystery morons drove like ass and the Warden hawked it quick to....... what? Like a marvel hero she jumped in it's path! Cringing Toro watched the gory train wreck to be; did Themis have a death wish? Person vs car driven by mongs - it could only end with Warden dead in a ditch and kids catching a murder case! Court dates and local news interviews flashed like a slideshow as the boy sighed, wondering why me? The new city was supposed to end criminal ties on some "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" shit but welp, guess not as the van crunched into the lady.

But she
didn't move an inch.

Toro's face dropped neutral with shock; for a second he couldn't comprehend what happened but after a tick it registered — Themis had stopped a fucking car, and she isn't human. With the hood around her hand, dying motor clicking with heat-pops and crackles the Warden stood a living weapon. It was some kind of android; a cyborg perhaps but either way it changed the game. Around other people Toro felt control because he could beat weaklings down and mentally counter hulks, but robots were different. He was powerless compared; his inferiority raged and he'd space out from the scene. With fresh hate running he'd see all to come but perceive nothing beyond a gnashing dislike for Themis.

Everything about her bothered him from strength and abilities to pedigree and durability, but he despised another trait even more. That - it - was a fucking object telling him when to jump and how high! Toro was bull-mad and gripping his pocketed knife he'd channel aggression away with the tight grip, focusing on quick mounting questions instead. From strategy in a fight against Themis to her origin and why she was working for the school they fired miles a minute in his mind. Every ask held three more and none had answers; it was maddening and behind dead eyes Aki ticked. He was frustrated, pissed watching the Warden but he showed zero. To others he'd look spaced in a trance — one snapped at last by Soleil's speech.

Addressing the trio directly her tone was "stuffy hall monitor" and Toro didn't feel the TED talk. Who was she anyway, some rando classmates he'd never met? Already pissed this drew poison, and replacing his typical light-tone Toro deadpanned a disrespectful — "Ay ay, get off the soap box no one cares. Talk to the idiots in the van trying to kill Tina Stark" as he took a match-box of toothpicks from his knife's pocket, ending the vice grip with a calming heart. Slipping one of the picks from the box he'd look Sol's way again, chewing wood with a laconic - "Just because I want to see someone flipped don't mean I'm not part of the choir, so stop preaching. Who's ready at the lift and who's off to the side bullshitting.......? Eactly" explained with a chuff at the end, referencing his proximity to the entrance as if it cleared the slate. A weak point but all Toro wanted was her to leave it be; he felt claustrophobic with the murder bot and didn't want anyone else's shit. They had enough to worry about with Themis, one move and she could snap a neck.

loveweaver loveweaver (in case you missed the OOC ping)

Haz. Haz. Forgot to ping you OOC but there's a fair bit of Themis content

Last edited:

Aoi Mochizuki | 望月 葵

Aoi groaned in pain, placing a hand to her head as she tried to get a good look with her hazy sight. The voice that blared to her ears, grating, as she slowly walked back to where everybody body else is. "Will you shut up, Dormouse?" She winced at her own irritated voice. She looked for the source of the nagger, straining her half-lidded eyes so she could see clearly but alas. "Just, get it over with." She said in exasperation at the situation but mostly with herself.

Her walk towards them was wobbly, to say the least. She was swaying to an odd rhythm of steps, giving her a nauseatic feeling. She stopped on her tracks when she heard someone talking about a head wound, she mistook it that it was Erasmus the guy was pertaining to at first but his voice and blurred silhouette were awfully near to her. "Are you talking to me? Did you really just call me... cutie?" She gave a disgusted look at the mere idea of being called as such and inched farther away from Ichirou. "Don't call me that."

She waited for her turn to be patched up, only because she didn't want to hear any more chivvies from another student. She just wanted some peace and quiet now, but with the stunt that she pulled that was near impossible.

While waiting, she heard Soleil go off in another spiel. Not again. She thought to herself, wanting to smash her head into something hard as she heard the former actress talk start off. But it was near the end that she realized there wasn't exactly that irritation that came with the speech like before, it was different. After that was someone else, she didn't know who. A huge contrast to what Soleil had said. She gave a tired laugh, one only she could hear. What a disaster this search party will be.

location: with the group|| interactions: Celestial Speck Celestial Speck BriiAngelic BriiAngelic || mentions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper loveweaver loveweaver Jet Jet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back