• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

• tumblr_plyyidl0RV1ru9gdho1_1280.png
    Persona: Unawakened
    Current Buffs: N/A
    ~ Gang Hideout ~
    Mysterious Clues April Fools Version || Jun’ichi’s CS File

His head hurt so much.

“Hey, you listening? Geez you’re no fun if you’re broken

He had his hands on his head. After all he felt nothing but pressure on his very skull. He didn’t know why. Fear wasn’t something he could feel. He still felt it. The girl on his arm was no longer on his arm. Anxiety building up as he broke out into a cold sweat.

“Hey hey are you alright? Geez what are you on a withdrawal? It’s cool once we get back I got the hookup, we can talk cash later so long as you don't get boring.”

He looked up less of what she said was lost to him in the haze. He could recognize a strong feeling of wrongness even if it wasn’t reaching the surface yet. He let go of his head as he continued on still looking no better. It didn’t seem to matter much to her as she threw herself back under his arm. Her words tangling up into a strange background sound.

“H-y pr---y -oy op-- up.”

He felt her press something against his lips. A pill, he hated drugs seen too many strung out and suffering. He swallowed it, she wouldn’t let him not do so. They kept walking but he could barely stay with them as he felt nothing but pure content. The slow haze of pure happiness and glee as euphoria took a stronger hold on him. Nothing else existed but his pure high.

He barely noticed arriving until he found himself seated on a ragged old couch. Someone from the back was shouting. The four that had left were back, The pink girl was nowhere to be found. Yellow was snuggling up to Shun, neither was very appropriately dressed. Ryuu came into the room again leaving behind one of the four on the floor with a black eye.

“Oi why is he still here strung out.”

“Hey where’d Shiho go, he’s her problem”

The haze continued to fade in and out as the voice in the back of his skull boomed.

Jun’ichi Stop This
    Get Out Of There

The voice was familiar. It was his own. Yet not. Layered with another voice, unknown to him but warm like he’d felt it all his life. He wondered just why it sounded angrier and angrier as the day went on. He felt something scurry past his feet. He heard the sound of water. Voices becoming mere white noise.

He was in and out of awareness barely noticing when others came or went. He only responded rarely when he felt someone touched him. And whenever he felt any sensation the voice screamed once again. Even coming before him in a full mirror image. Yet it did no good. Soon it twisted into an image of his mother.

Please Jun Stop
    Jun Run Please Jun

Soon the voice turned to a pleading tone. The same tone, he remembered from that night. One where he could do nothing but try to be a distraction. His haze cut through as he began to break out into another cold sweat. Yellow came up close to him and he swatted her away. Why was he here, what was he doing indulging in such bullshit? He couldn’t be a druggie, he had to go get an education to help his family not be a burden. Where was Ichi, what if he was hurt?

Why were only these four back?

Oh Now You’re Paying Attention Huh

He didn’t understand where this voice was coming from. He didn’t know and he didn’t care as the voice returned to normal still using his mother’s face. He found himself screaming unable to stop. That’s when the guys jumped him once again.

"GET AWAY, GET LOST"

• 1c6d64e3287202062c3ca251a1c0d924.jpg
    DXppo0oUMAEYrJW.jpg

<--Aisatsu, Ross-->
    {[挨拶 ロス]}
    ??/?? 6:00 AM
    Interaction: N/A

Ross makes his way out of his apartment house, wearing his tapdancing shoes on his feet that clicked on the ground with every step he makes, trying to keep in rhytmn as he went down the stairs in a quick time signature. Every step making a loud CLAP as he makes his descent and out of the house. There are some policies regarding making noise around the neighborhood, but regardless, Ross didn't both obeying it. Today feels extra special for some reason. Smiling, Ross began to skip and hop his way through the streets, clicking the plates of his shoes as if practicing some kind of dance routine.

latest

Turning the corner, he then ran into somehow he's familiar with. His g̶̣̚i̴̮͝r̷̢̀l̶̩̕f̷̝͝ṛ̴̈́i̸̙͝e̵̞̍ň̷̢d̶̼̈́?̸̮̕, Jinnai Metsubou. Clad in the same uniform as he is, and walking alongside her is a familiar homeroom teacher, Horobi Metsubou, clad in a purple outfit with a black trench coat over it.

"Hm? Aisatsu." Horobi spoke in a gruff, dry, and almost monotone voice. "How rare to see you up and about so early."

"Ah, morning, Horobi-Sensei!" Ross greeted casually with a casual salute, soon looking at Jinnai. "Hey Jin-chan." He greeted awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. He gulped as he walked away soon glanced at the two of them.

"I...Didn't know you two walked together?" Ross pointed at both of them, as the two teacher student siblings glanced at one another.

"We don't do it often." Horobi chuckled a bit, soon turning to Jinnai, "I'll leave you two to yourselves." He said, soon walking ahead of the couple. The two continued walking to the school, an awkward silence filling the air as Ross tried to occupy said silence with jokes and stories.

Something was wrong, however. His vision seems to fizzle at the moment, as he noticed Jinnai's sad gaze upon him.

"Ross...No, Aisatsu-kun..." Jinnai spoke, "Do you have time later at lunch?" She asked, with pleading eyes.

W̴̛͈̟̖̩͓͊͋͆̌̌̋̊̊̐̋͝ͅȩ̶͕̱͉̹̖̂͑̓̑̇͐̿̿̏̊̽̉͛̉͒̽̿̓̂̉̄͆̇̾͘ ̷̧̨̨̪͓̦͕͈̥͕̹̻̤͉̣͒̀͗͊́̇̋͂̕ǹ̷̢͈̳͈̠͍̋̌̈̓̋͐̉̾̓̚͝ę̷̬͙̺̬̗͕̬̪͕̻̩̙̟̩̯̑̎̓̂́̏͒́̓́́̆̿̓̀͘͠ȩ̶̨̡͇̬̠̙͕̳͕̠̺̺͒̂ͅd̵̢̛͔̲͈̹̭̙̯̖̟̠̯̺͕̫͎͙̻̹̼̱̜̻̆́͒̆͐͋̇̽͌̽̓̔̽͌̕͜͠ ̶̨̛̛͖͚̼͍̰̰̗̖͌̾͆́̾̔́͛͌̕ẗ̶̨̢̧̨̧̬̩̜͖̦̪̻̼͓͎̜̳̼̽ơ̴̧̲̭͐̋̆́̂̈̊̋͆̋̕̕ ̸̛̹̺̼̼̬̦̱̝̘͉̥̜̼̳̣͙̈̒̔̅̑̆̓̒̿̑̉̀͗̋̍́̃̀̈́̒̓͂͐̓͝t̸̡̛̻̹̪͙̱͖̪̦͕̳̩̬̟̺̪̥̭̲̭̙͔́̉̑̚͘͜͝͝ã̶̧͙̦̣̤͔̫̙̞̈́̓͒̑̽͗̾̊̽͑̾͂̏͑̂̕͜ḽ̸̨͓̲̤̬̳̎͂̕k̴̨̞̭̞̔͗͑̓̅̈͂́̍̾̔̆̈́̔̓̉͊̒̒͠͝͠.̸̢̞̠͉̠̠͉̜̝̪̆̂̌̋̎͒̋̄̏͆͂̓́̽͗̔̆̃̿̇̚͘͜͝͝​

There's a TLDR version at the end because I don't expect everyone to read this much of my writing in a RP. I couldn't do the scene with less words, and I understand some people won't read this much. No worries if you're part of that group, it's honestly rude to put this much in a RP but I couldn't convey the information in less writing.

Toro

36034457_230055144270423_1732583918806237184_n-1.jpg
A black talon hits like gators twisting prey to pieces. They're cruel bullets deemed "too messy" for public consumption, earning bans across the globe. Packing six shards they bloom on impact, churning flesh to mincemeat like a hellish ballistic blender. For mass damage they're a hammer among blades, dealing double at the loss of penetration that standard rounds seek. So when Zaou's bullet pulped Giant's head it didn't neatly exit — bursting from his brow and spewing gore like a fountain instead. The kill was instant and brutal, blood misting as brain sloughed from a smoking empty eye-socket. Twitching half closed the crater "blinked" as Giant fell like a tree over the kid - but Aki barely noticed. Bodyslams don't count after a bullet to the stomach, and lucky for Toro it was just the one. Zaou had fired just in time to stop more shots.

The underboss didn't relish the kill but it was his only option. Giant had his chance but popping off despite orders? Lodging a round in Toro's gut earned one through the crown for disrespect and to protect cash. Zaou couldn't let the revenue stream die; Toro owed for drugs lost before his court ordered move to Kayatomi. With interest the debt would triple back and nobody would clip that potential. Dumping Meathead in the mountains cost $50 in gas but losing Aki would be thousands down the drain; it was just good business. Toro had greater value than Giant and was alive for it — though alive was a tenuous description.

The margin thinned and the boy clung conscious by a thread. Writhing thoughtless he lay suffering a dozen cuts, seven fractures, head trauma and a spouting hole in his stomach. His mind flicked from body damage and a kaleidoscopic set of hallucinations traced over the world without any chemical influence. Lightshows were played the sky - clouds contorted - the air shook and Zaou tucking his gun looked like a rectangle set folding inward. In Toro's eye reality rendered out like a game crashing, showing glitch substructures and pixelated figurines.

Fucking Diabolic innit — it seemed terminal. Lucky that life mirrors Reservoir Dogs and not Rambo. Stomach wounds kill slow and Zaou knew the window from experience. It would be about two hours until Aki died which gave time to bundle the body - clean the evidence - wake the boy - explain the deal - then call 911 to fetch Toro and drive off. The plan was easy and without needing verbal cue the six suits began the quick process. Surrounding Giant they stood two at arms and legs - one on the left and another right. It took all six to pull the corpse from Toro's chest with brain leaking from a split face.

It wasn't easy reaching the trunk with 315 in dead weight. Costing twenty seconds the suits struggled to the nearest SUV with bossman watching from the side. Clicking his keyring Zaou popped the rear hatch electronically and lurching suspension the six tossed seven like wasted trash with a collective grunt. Slamming the trunk closed they carried on like ants in a kitchen; collecting cartridges, blood clumped dirt, bone fragments and brain from the ground. Sweeping the scene they swabbed every trace to the hair, and with that as backdrop Zaou crouched over Toro with a small vial of powder in his hand.

Twisting the cap he'd pour a line in Aki's nose, explaining "Sorry kid, this wasn't the plan" as he covered Toro's mouth to force nose breathing. Seven seconds later and BOOM — Colombian kicked like a mule, pulling the boy from dead-lands to living. The drugs were a short solution for long issues and didn't heal shit, but they could reboot Toro's mind for Zaou's speech. Side effects be damned they were an afterthought, even when Toro quaked at the chemical blend. Not even the kid's screaming ticked Zaou and only when Toro grabbed his wrist with a vice-grip did the gangster laugh in reply.

He was entertained watching Aki go through chemical hell. Cocaine stims battled Euphoric depressants in torn body to balance half-sober in a sense; but sober doesn't mean positive. Agony and dark emotions rushed to the front immediately after waking up — mass confusion and blind rage the heaviest two. Toro wanted answers in the most violent way thinking — "I'll fucking kill them all I swear to God I'll kill em! They tricked me it's not fair! How did I get here anyway I don't remember? Why did these guys follow me I thought we were squared? I can't feel my legs, why can't I feel my damn legs? Fuck my stomach man, my fucking stomach it's torn up I just —

"Keep looking at me like that and you'll die for real. Don't be so pissed.... I saved your life kid" the gangster joked, grabbing the boy's clamped hand with his own free one. Dragging it to the wound he'd press Toro's palm down to stem the tide, and looking back he'd explain buddy-buddy with a soft — "Yeah I know kid, fuckin sucks huh? Well look uh.... it wasn't the game but that idiot in the trunk had other pla —

"Fucking killed.... me.... I'm.... I'm gonna die.... you...... killed me" cut the boy between ragged breath, arching his spine with twisting pain.

"Stop being such a pussy, gut shots aren't lethal most of the time"

"Shut..... up.... Zaou"

"I'm gonna let that slide, circumstance is a bitch but —you know what? How bout you watch your fucking mouth before I start pulling teeth? What's the matter with you huh? This guy! I save your life and you tell me to shut up? Unbelievable!" exclaimed with a smile, but Toro saw through the patronizing lie this time. Nakamura was jovial only before cruelty, exerting violence made the man sing and Toro waited silent for the heel turn.

"Finally I can speak eh?" the boss laughed, adding "So here's the deal, and tell me if you can understand what I'm saying?" pulling a slow nod from Toro as Zaou explained — "Instead of three weeks I'll give you five, you need time to recover so two extra weeks is what I'll give you. Your loss in drugs is the first payment and then we'll talk interest. I don't care how you get it - push yourself in the red light district like your whore mother for all I care. Plenty of sick fucks with a fetish you'd fit eh? Or steal, sell drugs, doesn't matter but I want the payment in five weeks and if not? We'll visit your mom first — then you, understand?" said menacing with contained anger despite Toro's sorry state. Being torn up didn't lessen Zaou's prey drive and the kid lacked leverage to resist, so he let dogs lay with mutual understanding.

But something stirred.

Allowing Zaou to win was unacceptable on a base level. Something triggered at cracked pride and a wood clacker echoed in the air. Low war drums played and Japanese string instruments cut over the breeze — "I'm tripping my ass off" Toro thought chuckling as Zaou watched confused, growling out - "Something funny?"

"Just blood loss.... I think"

"Whatever — here's what you tell the cops when they press you. You were going for a walk and got attacked by a local gang, I don't care the reason why. Come up with something but we were never here, got it? Rat on us and we'll pay you and mom a visit; don't give us a reason" spit through a growing instrumental line with baratone HYOOOs and HYAs yelled over the top. The song was getting intense and wood clackers rang out with increasing pace guiding the rising tempo of the song. Cherry blossoms fluttered through the air despite the lack of plant life in the area and a whisper crept the back of Toro's brain.

"Take the sword, follow it's lead and be free of this place. I can help you but only if you help yourself young man" it started, pushing visions of an attack on Zaou. The voice was telling Toro to strike the gangster with his pocket knife which was certain death but - "A man cannot take dishonor without action. Choose the sword and I will free you of this place, or choose inaction and die. This is your only chance Toro-San" the deep voice proposed. The lunatic idea would purchase death but the urge to follow through mounted, pressuring like a mountain.

Toro couldn't say no forever and fumbling pockets he'd look to Nakamura, croaking out - "I'll call.... ambulance.... okay?" The suggestion was average and Zaou nodded, watching his men clear the scene instead of paying mind to the kid. Thinking Toro's reach benign he'd fail to notice the flip blade as it drew and watching his men he'd miss the kid's move until the last second where he snapped his head in surprise. Lurching up to grab Zaou by the shoulder Toro pulled to clinch with his left hand as the right jabbed like a missile. Sticking the knife in Boss' neck Toro screamed like an animal and twisting the knife he'd rip the man's jugular to shreds. Gurgling surprised the gangster's face turned, eyes popping with a hand gripping Toro's arm desperately. Zaou's defense was last ditch; too little too late as life slipped from his spilling neck.

Meanwhile the six suits watched in horror, looking on as Zaou's neck fountain poured. Drawing guns they took aim shouting curses but held fire with Toro shielded by Zaou's body. Inside the clinch the feral kid stabbed away safe from enemy fire, churning Nakamura's neck to pulp as war drums blasted. String music sparred, chanting shouts punctuated the scene and a narrating voice exclaimed — "A man in his twilight, raging against death instead of hiding from it. Fortune favors the bold!" as life drained from Zaou; bloodshot eyes stared through Toro's soul. A thousand words flashed from the look but they'd never speak as the gangster's mind shuttered with a sputtering sigh.

Dropping like a rock Nakamura's body crumpled, and to six raised guns Toro extended his arms sideways. He knew he was fucked, but instead of living like a bitch he'd gone out like a beast on his own terms. That didn't stop morbid fear from slamming his heart but nothing could stop the inevitable now, so Toro closed his eyes with a smile, thinking of the few truly good moments in his life.

The sound of volley fire cracked, filling the air but Toro didn't fall. Something stood at his front absorbing bullets like a shield. It was some kind of smoke spirit with orange-glowed eyes hidden below misting vapor. The Oni lacked sold form but was vaguely human and spun to face Toro as Yakuza recoiled in fear.

"Think! You know what to do and make it quick! I can't stop them for long" the shade whispered Toro's way, turning back to face the firing six. Utterly confused Aki's eye drew curious to the knife in his hand as the internal voice boomed - "Sacrifice to fire! Wake yourself or die!" and suddenly he understood. "Now idiot, do it, I'm running out of time" the cracking shadow yelled to spur action, Toro needed to work now . Bullets were whizzing through the shield's outer edge and without reprieve the spirit ran on fumes! The men were reloading and the next assault would break the shadow!

The only play left was the sacrifice. Toro didn't want to abide the suggestion but deep down he knew it's necessity; not that he had many options. The only play was to swallow fear and make the ultimate leap of faith despite it's unimaginable pain. Readying himself he'd breath deep with zen-closed eyes to focused on everything aside the body — seperating himself from physical as the knife plunged to bullet hole. With a side slash he'd cut through intestines screaming, biting clean through his tongue as the world went black.

But Toro was finally free.

-

TLDR Version
The giant guy from the last post shoots Toro in the stomach. Right after that Zaou shoots Giant in the back of his head for insubordination and to protect the money Toro is worth as a debtor. The underlings clear the body and all evidence from the scene, Zaou gives some Cocaine to Toro that sharpens his loopy mind up. He explains the debt/payment situation and threatens Toro and his mom if he can't pay.

Toro's shadow & persona won't stand for this disrespectful shit though, and push Toro to attack Zaou. Kabuki music (wood clackers, Japanese banjos, drums and chants) start playing on the wind. Toro sneaks his knife out the pocket and stabs the gang leader in the neck.

The underlings start shooting at the kid but his shadow makes a last ditch defense to block bullets. Meanwhile Toro' s subconscious pushes him to stab himself in the stomach and rip through his intestines. That's his awakening sacrifice. Scene goes black and the simulation ends.

Last edited:
本田 謙三
Honda Kenzo

The sun was sinking lower and lower into the sky, it’s light casting a warm red glow on the street, bouncing off the windows of the buildings that stood tall, seemingly taller than normal, as if they were sizing up each person that walked past them. The hard concrete and brick that made them up were lit up, showing each bump and crevice in the work, either from years of wear or the poor work of a craftsman. Most people seemed to not notice the ominous presence they were exuding, walking about as if nothing was wrong. As far as they were concerned, the shadows staring out from behind closed blinds meant nothing.

Kenzo was one of these people as he walked sluggishly down the street, shifting his weight from foot to foot as he sauntered absent-mindedly. It had been just another day at school, with most people ignoring him and leaving him in warm peace. It had been such a nice day that he couldn’t pay attention to his teachers and classmates, instead taking his chance to look at the town outside of the windows of the school building to relax, something he never did. He was always so worried about his grades and doing well in school, as well as trying to be an upstanding student, that he never took the time to enjoy life.

He took a deep breath as he turned his eyes to the setting sun, a grin forming on his lips. It was almost as if all his worries from his past were melting away, seeping to the back of his mind behind a wall of warm, refreshing fog that allowed him to live right now, in this moment, without having to worry about his friends, his family, this town, even himself. It was if nothing could stop him from just fading away into the background of everyone’s life, not having to worry about the feelings of others, and instead could focus on his own happiness.

He closed his eyes, allowing the warmth that he guessed came from the sun course through his body, filling it with feelings of uncaring joy, before he opened his eyes again to see the sun had disappeared behind the horizon in front of him, leaving instead a dark street with lights pouring out from the buildings and street lights above him. He hadn’t even realized that night had already fallen, and he pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time, only to be met with a black screen that wouldn’t turn on, no matter how many times he pressed the button. He tilted his head in confusion, before giving up and placing the device back in his pocket, deciding it would be best to get it fixed another day. Today was too much of a good day to worry about nonsense like that.

A deep rumble rose up from within him, and Kenzo placed a hand on his stomach, realizing he hadn’t had a single thing to eat all day. How silly of him. Looking around, he remembered that somewhere in the area was a convenience store, and Kenzo patted the loose change he had in his pocket, figuring it would at least be enough for a snack bar or two to tide him over. He couldn’t even remember the last time he had been to a convenience store, which was probably a couple years ago before he had entered high school. He couldn’t recall why he had stopped going to them, but what was in the past was in the past. He whistled a tune beneath his breath, as not to disturb those in the homes around him, and began to walk in the direction of the store.

The convenience store stood strangely out of place as Kenzo came upon it, after what felt like hours that spanned only a few minutes. It was older, built years ago from before Kenzo was even born, with few renovations to the exterior of the store. Glass windows spanned the store all along the front, with metal walls surrounding the other sides, and probably hundreds of ads for snacks and cigarettes covered the walls so you couldn’t get a good look inside. Between some of the papers, white fluorescent light peeked out to signify it was open, but other than that the only light that was in front of the store was the streetlamp that stood out front, casting just enough light to see where you were putting your own two feet.

Kenzo walked in, shuffling past an older man who was mumbling about the prices of tobacco in the town going up, and made his way through grey-tiled isles to the snack shelves, grabbing two protein bars that seemed to be the cheapest ones there. He considered grabbing a bottle of water, too, but he only had so much money on him that he didn’t want to spend it all, so he dismissed the idea and walked up to the cashier, a young girl who he could vaguely recall was a senior at Nageku High, but for some reason her face was blurry, and when she spoke he could barely make out her words. The hunger was getting to him. He just smiled and placed the owed money on the counter, not saying a word as he grabbed his food and walked back outside.

He looked around for a place to sit, but there wasn’t even a bench in sight. There was a nice spot over by a ledge leading up to the street behind the store with a bush next to it, where there was just enough light for Kenzo to see and not enough for him to be readily noticeable. He sat down, splaying his legs out in front of him and quickly chowing down, devouring the protein bars in a matter of seconds before he let out a sigh of relief, laying his head back against the hard rock as he closed his eyes, enjoying the cool night air on his warm body. He was stirred slightly at the sound of a child, a boy, talking about something in the direction of the convenience store, but he paid it no mind, delving deeper and deeper into the warmth that clouded his mind, preparing to doze off…

Something touched his shoulder. It was probably nothing, just a leaf falling down from a nearby tree or a moth landing on his shirt.

Someone spoke close to him. It was probably nothing, just someone calling out to someone they knew, trying to get their attention. It wasn’t a voice Kenzo could recall.

Something shook him. It was probably nothing, just the wind coming down from the street above him, or he was sliding down the wall. He adjusted himself but paid it no mind, though he was getting a little annoyed.

Someone spoke again, the voice louder this time. It was probably nothing, just the boy shouting about something to someone, but it had nothing to do with Kenzo. He wasn’t sure why people couldn’t just let him relax, though.

Another shake, harder this time, and was barely aware of what was going on as he waved his arm out in the direction of whatever was shaking him, swinging his hand around as if he was swatting away a fly that was pestering him.

Now two hands gripped his shoulders, shaking him to the point he now opened his eyes, his hands flailing around rather wildly as the fog in his head jostled around, filling him up for a moment as he thrust a hand forward in the direction of whoever was harassing him. He felt their grip loosen, and Kenzo’s hands shot up to his eyes, rubbing them to try and wipe the tired out of his eyes. He patted his cheeks gently as he took a moment to recall where he was, sitting against the wall near the stairs, and yawned, dropping the sharp piece of metal he had been holding, unaware.

His eyes finally turned to the source of what had been trying to arouse him from his trance, a man dressed in an all blue police uniform laying on his side, holding his stomach where a deep red liquid was pouring out of. Kenzo stared at him for a second, then at the bloody metal object next to him, then back to the officer, his grin lowering but not disappearing. He crawled closer to the man, leaning down and moving the man’s police cap out of the way so Kenzo could see his face more clearly. His hair was slightly curly, and it was spilling across his forehead like a curtain. He had a pale face and thin lips, making his honey-brown eyes stand out even stronger, though there was an unnatural look about them. He had sharp features, almost feminine, but they were trounced by the steely, authoritative look that swam in his eyes, though now fear was beginning to take them over.

Kenzo sat back up, staring at the man as his smile widened once more. “You shouldn’t bother people while they sleep, officer. It’s very rude. But it’s okay. I know you’re just trying to do your job.” He reached down and patted the officer on the shoulder, a friendly gesture that didn’t fit the gruesome scene.

...D-Dad?

Kenzo’s attention was drawn to the voice that spoke up, and turned to see a boy standing nearby, the same boy who he had heard go into the convenience store before. He stood there holding a bag, probably containing an assortment of goodies meant for good children, or children a loving parent was trying to make up with. He was wearing a middle school uniform, though the last two buttons were buttoned in the wrong spots, and his black hair was cut short, but still seemingly curly like the officer’s hair, though the boy’s eyes were dark brown, whereas the officer’s were honey-brown, though they seemed to be getting brighter and brighter as the life faded from them.

The boy dropped the bag and rushed to the man, shaking his shoulder as tears began to well up in his eyes. Kenzo propped his head on his palm as he leaned his elbow on his leg, watching them quietly, his smile never wavering. “You...look familiar. This is your dad, huh? He seems like he’s a good guy, doing his job diligently. You must be proud of him. Learn a thing or two from him, okay?” His eyes turned to the sky once more, where he saw the wide expanse of darkness and chuckled. “It really was a marvelous day today, don’t you think?

Soleil Ashikaga.

Soleil's relationship with physical touch was, ironically, touchy.

Most times, she was uncomfortable with it. Maybe because her own parents were too busy making her happy to make it any sort of common occurrence. While there was unavoidable everyday contact and the contact that came with work under the careful eye of a camera, those two were different. The former was always brief and most of the time unintentional, and the latter all just a calculated part of the act. No—it was when someone wanted to touch her, to put their hands all over her, that she wanted to ▒▒▒▒▒▒. The gazes of the crowd, the stares followed by hushed whisperings, the ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ of her friends were all things she could keep at a distance. But the unwelcome invasion of her personal space, the forced crossing of her walls and guards...the thought of it typically sent a shiver down her spine.

But today? Today was different. Today was a good day, after all! Soleil found herself reevaluating her thoughts and beliefs through an uncontrollable seizure of giggles. Right now, Soleil felt good. For once, touch (by someone not her parents, too!) felt more than good. Touching someone, having them touch her, holding each other close...it was a feast for a starved man, and at the center of it all was Kaida. Why her in particular? She wasn't really sure. There had been yesterday's van trip, and that gaze which seemed to pierce through her ▒▒▒▒. At the time, she had brushed that all off...but right now, she found herself filled with a giddy joy, an overwhelming warmth in her chest that grew and spread throughout her body. All because of that long-deprived feeling of touch, all because of a simple hug. Even if she tried, Soleil couldn't pry her arms off her. They clung onto the poor girl, they clung on out of happiness. Not wanting another person to ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒. And their giggles! Kaida's own happiness fueled her own. When Soleil bumped into her, letting out a little undignified squeak as her front bumped into Kaida's back, she always ended up giggling with the larger girl. It made her smile. Smile wider than she could last remember. As they continued walking, Soleil found that she was losing herself to those smiles and laughs. Step by step by step by step, sinking into a haze of happiness. Kaida would say something or stop, and she would laugh. And she would smile. And she would feel happy. And she caught herself wondering...what she even worried about to begin with? In the haze of happiness, she found herself forgetting.

Oh well. It couldn't have been important, anyways.

By and by, they reached the school's gates. Was she supposed to let go by now? That brief question in her lasted for only a second before Kaida's words—a compliment that made her heart soar—melted it away. In the end, her arms remained tightly around Kaida, forgetting to let go or to even start walking again. Students passed by the cheery duo, offering them a variety of looks. She heard whispers fill the air. "Is that...Ashikaga-senpai with that delinquent?" "Were the rumors true, in the end? Y'know, the ones that say that Ashikaga-san is actually a slut?" "I don't think I've ever seen Kaida-chan hug somebody...or giggle...or smile. It's freaky." "That's kind of gay, isn't it?" They filled the air, but Soleil didn't mind. They just didn't understand that Kaida was her friend, like all of them! That was right...they didn't understand. They didn't understand how good of a day it was. How happy she felt today. Even could have them just like anybody else, could she? Her hug tightened, and right as Soleil opened her mouth to say something, something mindless along the lines of "Good morning~! I'm just having a good day, thanks to Kaida-chan~!" , the words never got the chance to leave her lips.

"You two are certainly having a good morning!"
That was the voice which cut Soleil off. It was a sweet voice. Not sweet like the sweet taste in her mouth, the thick syrupy taste which's presence always escaped her mind (just like her thoughts). Sweet and tender, sweet and soft. Spoken with words carefully chosen, yet not chosen in the way Soleil used to in order to ▒▒▒ and ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒. Her words were meant to relax and to bring comfort, her voice soft yet never once trembling. It was a remarkably fitting voice for who it belonged to. Soleil had to lower her gaze...because the woman she was talking to was sitting down, after all. They were undoubtedly smaller many of the students and even her co-workers because of that, but Soleil always had a sneaking suspicion she wasn't a tall woman to begin with. "Tomoe-sensei...!" was all Soleil could get out, and Tomoe responded in kind with a laugh. "Now, now! I'm not here to lecture you two, but to remind you where you are." The strain of pushing her own wheels without an aid made her look weaker than usual. The woman she looked down to was delicate, as if she'd break at the use of any force...yet that didn't stop the gentlest of smiles from crossing that woman's face. Of course, Soleil wanted to speak back; she wanted to say that she didn't care if the people were staring at her (like always). Didn't care as long as she could keep on hugging Kaida. But Tomoe spoke first—as if reading her expression—continuing on without skipping a beat. "You don't have to be always bothered because others are. But, still..."

"Don't forget yourselves."
That last bit came out almost sounding like an afterthought. Soleil watched in silence as the woman gave one final glance to Kaida and Soleil both, before pushing herself into the school. Her figure disappeared with the crowd of students...and she was gone.

It was simple advice, and part of her still wanted to argue against it. But that was wrong. Even if she didn't care about the stares, she should probably listen to her counselor, right? Because she wouldn't lie to her! It had to of been right. It had to. So, reluctantly, Soleil peeled away her arms. Hesitantly, she let go of Kaida. Touch fled from her once more, but...the warmth remained. That was enough to make the actress smile, instinctively hugging herself to keep that warmth close. And as she looked up to Kaida, she felt the smile widen. Even that much was enough to keep her happy, unable to snap out of the her haze of happiness. Struggling to speak as she felt another wave of giggles bubble up from inside of her, she looked around the gates. "Hehe~ I'll escort you to class, too, Kaida-chan...~!" And she could hear the rumors spur on once again. "W▒▒n ▒id t▒hy ▒eco▒▒ ▒r▒▒▒ds?" "W▒▒ ▒ha▒ Mi▒▒ T▒▒▒e sco▒▒i▒▒ t▒em?" "▒▒y, y▒▒ ▒o▒'t ▒▒ink ▒h▒▒'re...?" "W▒▒t do y▒u ▒▒in▒ ▒he ▒▒ans, ▒▒▒▒▒▒?" While Soleil ignored these rumors (unable to process them, willfully ignoring them), she found another pair of hushed whispers breaking through.

"Hey, that's the weird music girl, right?" was what grabbed her attention. Looking around the gates—where she had been stuck in place for quite a while—had brought her an easy answer.
Without thinking (unable to think), Soleil grabbed Kaida's hand. Her warmth hadn't left her, but she was still hesitant to let go of her touch. Dragging her along, she felt a little skip in her step. Raising her free hand into the air with an ecstatic wave, she let out an even more energetic "Aoooooiiiiiiii~!" into the air, pushing past other students. Soleil had noticed the girl before, long before she was thrown into the van; noticed her in the recesses of the class. Always so quiet. Always so bitter. Always so alone. It reminded her of someone, but she couldn't remember who. But today was such a good day that she was sure that barrier could be broken! So Soleil made her way straight to Aoi, speaking as soon as she knew the girl could hear her, with Kaida in tow. "How're you after that van stunt~? You had me so worried, Aoi-chann...! It's not good to do that sort of thing, not good at all for my heart!" Without hesitance, she was talking to her like friends (because they were, right?), and without reluctance, she was grabbing Aoi's hand to drag her into the school. Tugging along both Kaida and Aoi, sweeping them up in her own boundless euphoria. With them behind her, she finally passed the school gates with a laugh filled to the brim with joy...

And yet, her heart was pounding, and she couldn't seem to recall why.

Interactions: Arcanist Arcanist (Soleil, Tomoe) Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Soleil)
Mentions: N/A

• a067498f552de3707fba13ed35b84804.png
    Persona: Ronald Kray

Haz. Haz.
    ~ Breaking out of the Simulation ~
    Will to Fight || Jun’ichi’s CS File

He couldn’t face his mother, even if that wasn’t his mother. He’d been drugged. Sure it wasn’t like he was jumping through hoops to get drugs, and he certainly never meant to take them, let only find himself in this disgusting dirty dim drug den. Wishes didn’t matter, actions did. The haze was letting up as he felt anger burn through his very soul. Something so fundamentally familiar to him that had been ripped away, hidden, destroyed.

He could feel himself near growling daring them to come closer. They did. A punch here a kick to the side. He was used to this. He didn’t do clean pretty matches, street brawls and petty jumping was his domain. He didn’t like not having his brother at his side for back up but that was just another mistake in the numerous fuck ups he’d allowed to happen so far.

Even so the world felt off. The haze kept beating him trying to get him to fall under again. He could feel he wasn’t doing something right. Was he really meant to be fighting these no name thugs? Hell he could make a break for it and go try to find Ichirou now, he should be doing that. Yet he could hear the thing that had claimed his mother’s face start to scream.

It was an unintelligible drivel in the background that was punch, hit, kick, dodge. At any moment he could draw his knife and be brutal but he couldn’t risk using it when someone could get behind him and grab it. He was keeping his damn ass safe and whipping these hoodrats so then why was that haze coming back? What had they doped him up on to get this type of results? Nothing was making sense. He knew drugs, fundamentally knew what type of fucked over life it made you lead and saw the fuckers fiending on the streets.

He couldn’t. He drew back after he knocked the last of them over on the ground. He won but the pressure wasn’t letting up. He got through this once and he’d do it again if they’d all just stop TALKING. Heartbeat, breath, the sound of the fucking water from far away. All of it was too much as he begun to claw at his own ears. Blood leaked down his chin as he realized he was now holding his own eardrums in his hands. Yet he could still hear clearly as what was once his mother but now a crystal clear image of himself stood before him.

Just what…

are you waiting on?

Why do you keep…

looking away?

THAT’S ENOUGH

WAKE UP

Do you want to keep rolling over like a dog?

Or ArE yOu ReAdY tO sTaNd Up?

You who have done nothing but accept the choices of others

RISE UP

CONQUER

RECLAIM

PROTECT

From now on I will be your hands and feet

The shield to destroy your enemies

I am thou and Thou art I

Guardian of the House of Assignation

A relief. That haze had stopped battling him; he could be free from the weight of the pressure it held left. He was seeing clearly, no longer ruled by the dream that the drug painted. He heard himself cry back. That name called forth.

RONALD, THE STORM

He called it forth and looked forth as this thing came forth. Eerie, it left a taste of bitterness in the back of his mind. This was him. Stitched mouth, lanky imposing figure, strapped up to the gills. This is what he always was like it or not. He wouldn’t look away again. The things that once surrounded him seemed to wither away as a new reality took its place.

He couldn’t afford to be stopped here. He needed to go find his brother. He needed to figure out just how long he’d been under. Most of all he needed to survive. Anything less than a full victory wasn’t an option for him.

Last edited:
The formalin fissured with a crack and a flush, struck asunder by infernos of azure, pyric pillars which shot apart the container lids. Impossibly bright, impossibly hot, glass strained beneath that birthed hellflame - cobwebs formed along its surface, seeping putrid chartreuse, prying apart the pressure seams. When the windows gave, they gave with a roar - Toro, Ross and Jun drained out tide-mounted beside the fading fires, then flattened to smooth concrete, unmistakably tangible, feeling nippy from the breeze through their drenched rags.
The air was turbid with venom-green light, stretched upon the sewer walls, which swam aloft not unpleasantly glaring but disturbingly solid like little glimmering parasites brushing against skin. Looking back, three behemoth embryo tanks loomed, adjacent to one another, once limned in glass but now gaping saw-toothed and pumped dry of formalin, twisted fragments of their tops scattered all about from the initial explosion. Miraculously, a pat-down would reveal no wounds anywhere along the boys' bodies.

Respirators were slashed across their faces by strips of gunmetal tubing gone loose which bled arterial reds of cherry tang - with some effort, they would peel away and clatter to the pooling viscera-hued fluids beneath their feet. That posed another issue: the smell. The effervescent saltpeter stench would immediately string up noses like a wire-hook, clinging inescapably to their flesh, schmattes and hair. Fortunately, it appeared to lack any adverse properties besides that pungent odor.

However grotesque their happenstance, Toro Aki, Ross Aisatsu and Jun'ichi Amano reconciled with their traumas and rejected the malignant bliss, awakening to the Personas Ishikawa, Franz and Ronald.

--

Hasty footfall. A wiry man in soaked summer garments hunched further down the corridor, yet something was off, so terribly off. A strip of red string hung from the solid above like a getaway rope, but its purpose was so more obscenely macabre - it knot around his throat, so tight his breath strained, only captive wheezes drawling from his blue-toned lips like dead leaves scraping pavement. Then his eyes, his eyes which shone like iridescent citrines, so gold and beady they peered through the clumpy malachite light, stared anxiously, affixed almost pleadingly to the trio before him. He raised a hand with fingers beaten cerulean, though he struggled to do so, then hoarsely whispered: "... Help me."

The rope knot and yanked and his body swung limp and dissolved, running to the floor as a puddle of black ink, then rippled and tore, congealing swiftly into some knightly avian, a humanoid goliath in Stygian plate, with spread wings like velvet scratches in the verdant light and with those anxious eyes, once so beady gold, now dyed crimson in panic, in full-on red alert, and yet despite that soundless fear he took up a greatsword and brought it forth point-ended to the usurpers as though in challenge, if only to be taken out of his misery.

Last edited:

• bdede17728b35105834f1f2aa3886e14.png
    Socializing!
    Shirou

72837476_p0.png
    The whole world feels so bright today~
    Yuzuki
    Get in my way and I'll slaughter you.
    Meika(?)
    ~ Bliss in the Simulation ~
    Shirou's CS || Jun’ichi’s CS || Yuzuki's CS

As the group of Nageku High students formed, Shirou’s demeanor grew tranquil and comfortable at the same rate that Koemi’s turned the very opposite. He snickered at Meika’s comment, eyes leaping from one version twin to the other, taking in every little detail as he could. It was around that time that Ichirou’s elbow arrived, swift and sudden, yet barely making its target flinch; he merely bobbed to the side and then back like a gas station tube man. In response, he said:
    “That’s one hell of an arm you got there! I can’t wait to see the bite.” Punctuating the second phrase, a devilish smile that seemed stuck between flirt and ironic glee.

Laughter was his response. Geez him strong? That was a nice little ego boost, he was so used to Jun being the one worried about. Sure he was no wimp but neither was he a musclehead. He yanked Koemi by the hand and threw his left arm over Shirou’s shoulder with a slight struggle. He brought the two together in a big bear hug.

“Biting is so much less fun when we could be partying though”

Koemi remained mostly still while she was being yelled by Meika, flinching slightly with each curse thrown. When the blow came, she lifted her hands to protect her head, but it mattered little as she still felt the blow just the same, letting out a muffled yelp of pain. However, there was no retaliation. The girl simply lowered her guard as she was pulled away, rubbing the wounded area until she was yanked into Ichirou’s grip, her torso toppling over to him without her feet ever leaving their spot.

“That wasn’t very nice of you.” Koemi said simply, both at Meika and at Ichirou.

“You know what, Siren-kun? You’re right.” Said Shirou, oblivious to the aggression that just ensued. He looked at Meika and Koemi, saying: “I feel like these two could really use some softening up! Now, where to…” He added, finger scratching his chin.

Despite it happening right in front of her, Yuzuki’s mind slid right off of Koemi’s pained response. Not a single flinch even registered. Instead, all that she could focus on through the sugary taste in her mouth, was the boys’ invitation. Siren was an odd name, but there were a lot of foreigners at their school, so she didn’t think about it for longer than a second.

“You two have lived here longer than us,” she said, Meika still struggling to escape from within her arms, “I’m sure you know all the fun places to go, Siren-kun, so lead the way~!”

“Dumbasses, idiot”
    Meika growled,
    “We’re not going anywhere with that thing,”
    she glared at Koemi,
    “following along.”

“Siren-Kun’s gonna stick huh. Okay then now I’m Ichirou Siren Amano!”

With a maniacal grin he let the two. Shirou was right that there needed to be more bonding happening. A true group hug required no less than four participants to be a real group. After all if that weak sauce trio hug could be a true group hug then there would be far more group hugs happening and… Even he loses his own train of thought it seemed. Even so they need more people, more hugs, more crew time.

“Now now Inferior Twins, you can’t just go ignoring group hugs that’s not proper crew behavior.”

With a quick swivel around the two he aimed for a nice quick shove in the other’s direction. He needed everyone acquainted properly so he could go win his girl.

Meika seemed intent on attacking Koemi, be it with words or fists, yet all those around the two showed not the slightest sign of caring about it. Instead, Shirou was all eyes for Ichirou’s bold move, which had set his heart in a pleasant rush. How nice of him to set them up like this! Riding the flow of motion, he let Yuzuki fall neatly on his chest and, face standing but an inch away from hers, brushed a lock of her off her forehead.

“Be careful, would you, Siren-kun?” Despite speaking to Ichirou, he didn’t take his eyes from her for a second. “You almost ruined the looks of the lady here.”

While whatever that was transpired, a completely different mood set itself on Ichirou’s other side, Koemi shaking slightly as her personal space was once again mercilessly broken in such a short timeframe. She instinctively dug further closer into the boy’s embrace in a futile attempt to create space between the two, saying:
    “Please keep me away from her, mr. Ichirou. She hates me.”

At Ichirou’s actions, Yuzuki finally dropped Meika, only for the two of them to trip over themselves. Meika managed to stumble to the side and avoid Shirou’s lecherous gaze and arms. Yuzuki’s heart swelled with fear? and she flinched back, froze, shook, blushed at Shirou’s touch. She trembled and looked away, before smiling even brighter, and pulling herself closer, nuzzling into his neck.

“Ahhh~ Shirou-kun,” she giggled, “You’re such a good friend, catching me like that~.”

Glancing between the two groups, Meika left Koemi with another twisted, blazing glare. She turned back to Yuzuki, her face warping softening into a jagged smirk smile.

“Do you honestly think he’s being genuine?”
    she held back a laugh,
    “how stupid can you get? Although…”
    She moved closer, practically speaking directly in Yuzuki’s ear,
    “What’s one more scar, right? One more betrayal? Don’t you say that you push everyone away for their own protection? But that’s really just your own self-righteousness, isn’t it? You’re just too weak to fight in a world built on an eye-for-an--mweep!”
    She squeaked as Yuzuki reached over and started petting her head, while still close within Shirou’s embrace.

“Mei-cha~n, what’re you talking about? You’re too serious,” she drawled, while Meika trembled, white knuckled; shook her head back and forth, her wide eyes dimming, and she just leaned into Yuzuki’s shoulder, tried to speak several times but all her words were lost to Yuzuki’s ears.

A game? It seemed that Mei was playing a game with uh what was her name again? Lets say her name was gyaru. Well he was always down for a game. Shirou was doing what Shirou does and flirting. Which meant that he could play peacefully with the others until he was done. Oh no Quiet Girl was petting her sister now. So much for the game. He was so close to twirling them both around until they wound up dancing with each other too. Oh well.

“Gyaru-chan, Mei-chan you can’t hold on to this distaste. Mei-chan apologize to Gyaru-chan.”

Koemi was at a complete loss. Gyaru-chan? Where? Ichirou was staring in her direction, but a quick glance confirmed there wasn’t anyone creeping up behind them. Thus she reached the inevitable conclusion that it was her he was referring to, letting out a quiet, trembly hum like an old computer trying to turn on. If this was happiness, it sure felt quite strange. She finally cleared her throat and said:
    “There’s no need.”

Those soft, weak words would soon fell silent next to what would ensue, however. When Shirou heard the word ‘friend’, his expression suddenly went blank. It would return to his usual sly smile in a moment, but when it did, he no longer had eyes for Yuzuki, letting go off her as a kid would drop an old toy. His gaze immediately turned over for the next female in sight - Meika - drawing close to her with an unnaturally excited, rushed motion.

“Don’t worry, Siren-kun.” He said, swiftly putting a hand over her shoulder and another around her waist. He’d draw his own body closer with a seemingly inevitable motion, until their scents bled into one another and their lips were no further than a speck away from each other. “I know just what’ll soften up Mei-chan.”

And with that, Shirou finished leaning and sealed the kiss.
    In response, Koemi forced a loud cough.

Yuzuki stumbled from Shirou’s release, but she managed to keep from face-planting into the sidewalk. Regaining her footing, she turned back to Shirou, almost reaching back to him to get him to hug her more, but he’d already moved away as if she’d dissapeared.

In that one moment, before Meika could sneer a smug ‘I told you so’, his arms wrapped around her. Pulling away from the groping hands on her back meant pulling closer to him. And before she could even snarl at him to let her go, her eyes went wide at the kiss.

Meika’s arms held rigid between their bodies, and her glare regained its feral blaze and edge. In a single motion, she bit down with jagged fangs and twisted her head away. Then, she swung: once for his stomach, and once for his face. She shoved his body away. Any force she had, she used. She hacked and coughed and spat the vile man’s blood and saliva on to the ground.

“Congratulations Mei-chan~!” Yuzuki laughed, “was that your first?”

She turned to Yuzuki. Blissful, oblivious, stupid Yuzuki, whose mind ignored, erased, denied anything that happened in front of her, anything that the nectar flowing through her didn’t want her to see or feel. With shaking hands, Meika took one step, then rushed her. Yuzuki didn’t get a single, inane word out before Meika slapped her across the face, then grabbed her by the collar in a vice grip.

“I have had enough of this!”
    That she’d played along this long was a miracle in itself.

Shreds of Sshadowy ichor pooled up around her feet, and with surprising ease, she hoisted Yuzuki over her shoulder, and bolted away. She just needed to find somewhere more secluded. It would be a last-ditch effort to get through to her. She should have done this right at the start.

Part of him wanted to object to Gyaru-chan’s disregard of Ichi’s demand that everyone be friends. That part was buried deep under layers of rose colored bliss though. He nearly doubled over in laughter though as Shirou dipped Mei. Yes that was the friendship he wanted to see! Of course the complete possibility of rebuff would be just as entertaining but in this level of dopamine that wasn’t crossing his mind properly.

He came up at the twins' side with a psychotic grin on his face. He took a pen out of his bag on his side and uncapped it, obviously getting ready to write on her face. And then they bailed. Well there goes that idea. He turned back to Shirou and Koemi again.

“So are you gonna kiss her and make her run away too? Or is it my turn?”

Shirou watched in agony didn’t bother reacting as he was mowed down by Meika’s fists, falling on his knees with a thin streak of blood running down from his bottom lip. His face even sat expressionless as the two females argued and went away, Yuzuki but a blissful sack of potatoes over Meika’s shoulders. A finger went to the streak of blood and wiped it clean with a stroke; With such a beautiful day like this, it wouldn’t befit him to run around untidy like that.
    Then came Ichirou’s words, resonating in Shirou’s head in all their glory. Why, how could he reject an offer like that? When the young man set his hunter’s gaze in Koemi’s direction, even her cold heart skipped a bit at the sudden intensity. He got up on his feet and neared in, the stoic girl feeling both body and mind irredeemably frozen into place. And with that, the high school scoundrel opened a mischievous grin from ear to ear and made his final advance…
    Grabbing Ichirou by the collar to pull him in for a passionate kiss.

Being close as she was to the young man, it was hardly a hard task to redirect at the last second like that; Koemi was left breathless and sweating from the misunderstanding. She let go off Ichirou’s arms and retreated, first slowly, then running back into the dark alley she came from; Whatever it was she had just experienced, it better not be happiness, as it was far too terrifying of a feeling to be had again.

He was being kissed. He was not okay with this. He leaned into the kiss and ignored the voice at the back of his head screaming to stop. He’d only ever kissed girls before so he had a skewed sense of how to rank this. Still it was far better than any of the awkward barely passionate moving of lips trying to mimic interest. He heard the voice again.

HEY I---T -E’S --E O-- T--T ST--- ---R B-----R’S --RL YOU HATE HIM.

He stopped and pushed back. Staring at him with disbelief interest. Wait, why did he stop Shirou again? School? Maybe? Yeah of course. They could kiss at school, then he could even find aoi and then he could kiss her too. Even if she didn’t hold his interest the same way. Yeah more people to hang out with is better. More kisses, more hugs, more affection. That’s all he ever wanted. Oh he needed to stop staring at his lips and talk.

“We should get going, We need to get more people. More kisses, more fun.”

Well, at the very least this one knew a thing or two about using his tongue.
    Shirou snickered when he mentioned going ahead, hands finally returning to his pockets and back parching up and then leaning back; A wordless armistice declaration. As he picked up pace towards the school, the rascal replied:
    “Right, right. Let’s see who gets the highest count today!”

A few minutes later, the two men arrived at the school’s gate, just two amongst the many shadows students laying in wait for the class start bell. In their minds, there was not a single concern about the strange yellows eyes surrounding them, nor about the others' behavior, nor even about themselves. At least, not yet.
    tumblr_pm5gb1W6zd1qg53joo1_400.png
    A Rare Completely Perfect Day... But Where is Jun?
    Ichirou

Makoto.png
    My search continues.
    Koemi
    Mentions:
    ??? ( Haz. Haz. ) Aoi ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum )

School Crew
    (They've arrived that's it no need to individually tag yall)

Last edited:
Kaida Fuyoku
Interactions: (Soleil/Tomoe) loveweaver loveweaver (Aoi) Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum
The whisperings should have sparked something in the girl. But the words passed by her in muffled waves. Delinquent, slut, freaky, gay all plucked from the air and sealed within an airtight vaccum that Kaida couldn't reach. There, they couldn't bother that pretty little head of hers, and she didn't have to scare them with a snarl or warn them with a glare or even confront them, and she could focus on the positive emotions she had. And the hug! She almost forgot about it! As Soleil's arms tightened around Kaida again, she felt another giggle bounce out of her mouth in response. Any thought, and to be honest, there were few thoughts on it, of the whispers of students that passed them seemed to fade from Kaida's mind, her focus had returned to the hug, how happy she was.

Though, her focus was diverted by a voice, one in which its words weren't interrupted by waves of white noise. She recognised it. It was one that was always so calm, seemed to sound so understanding, always levelled. A voice belonging to someone that Kaida could learn from. Kaida searched for the voice at her eye-level, though, caught Soleil looking down, and so followed her gaze down. "Oh~!" She couldn't help but gasp in realisation, followed by a giggle at discovering the voice came from the counsellor, the very one her teachers often sent Kaida to when she kicked off during the school day, when they didn't want to deal with it. Kaida tried to listen to Tomoe's words, even as she tried to remind them of where they were, one that Kaida already knew the answer too and didn't need remindng of anyway, of course. But she had to lift her arm to bring it to her mouth, to cover another wave of giggles like a young middleschooler. She couldn't help herself, and she did try to cease, she really did, but the more she tried, the harder she giggled, and the harder she pressed her arm against her mouth. Kaida meant no disrespect with it, that was saved for the others. She was starting to come down when she caught the last of Tomoe's words, before she was on her way again, leaving both her and Soleil in watchful silence.

Don't...forget yourself? ...but she couldn't forget herself! She knew exactly who she was. Kaida Fuyoku. It said so right on her birth certificate. She felt what was once a weighted presence around her lift and noticed Soleil's hands had pulled away from her. She turned, blinked, and then she realised that perhaps Tomoe meant something different from what Kaida thought that Soleil had caught onto. Oh, but Kaida didn't mind. After all, not only did she get escorted to school, but she was going to have an escort to class too, whether Soleil continued to hug her or not! She had been too caught up in those happy feelings to notice more rumours flying around them, and it took her several moments to realise that Soleil had ensared Kaida's hand in hers. She couldn't help but note how soft her hand was in hers as she was dragged along to another student. Aoi, she recognised, once Soleil had greeted her name in those dulcet tones. A quiet one, always keeping to herself, away from others. Just like Kaida should have been doing. But Soleil made every effort with Aoi, to bring her out of her shell and striking up conversation about the 'van stunt'. Kaida struggled to remember what exactly the 'van stunt' was, but it didn't matter, since Soleil grabbed Aoi's hand too, and began moving with the two of them behind her. "Oh, Aoi's coming too?" Kaida asked, pointing out the most painstakingly obvious. "Oh, that's a great idea!~" The thought of another person joining themmade her want to back away filled Kaida with immense glee. Two new friends, all in the one morning! ...friends. When was the last time she called someone that?

Soleil eventually led them through the doors of the school, where the entrance was bursting with activity as usual. Of course, with the rag tag trio that had just formed outside the school gates arriving inside, they were met with curious stares and arched eyebrows, and no less, more hushed comments passed about them. Kaida ignored them, turning back to her new friends. After all, Words hurt, really, really hurt it didn't matter what they said anyway. "Well, Soleil-chan, where are we going to fir--"

Kaida paused as something black and blue skirted past her. She would have brushed it off as a passing school dweller, but there was something recognisable in it that she couldn't afford to ignore it. She turned, her eyes jumping amongst the uniformed bodies loitering about her and the ones walking past her and around the corners, and there! A moving inkblot in between reams of off-white. It was a girl, wearing all black sailor suit, with a blue tie and knee-high white socks, and a bright blue ribbon too. Isn't that her old---? A middle school uniform. How could they have gotten lost in a high school? Was the middle school close to here? Though, as much as Kaida strained to remember, she wasn't sure. Plus, she was confident she hadn't seen that color scheme in Kayatomi either. She thought more on the colour scheme, and giggled to herself. A blue ribbon against blue hair? The two were completely different shades of each other and--

...blue hair. She looked again. It was tied up, in a high ponytail, tufts sticking out and lazing against her forehead. Almost like...no, just like hers. ...was someone really so inspired by her looks? She just gathered up her nest of blue hair and hoped for the best. Kaida continued to watch her walking, completely transfixed by the girl. She watched as she manouvered past students, who paid her no mind as she passed. Kaida turned back to Soleil and Aoi, hoping she wasn't the only one who noticed the middle schooler too. "Hey, did you guys see that girl wandering in here?" She spun on her heel again, watching her round a corner. "I wonder how a middle schooler got so lost in a high school..." She hummed to herself. Then, a grin encompassed her lips, so wide that it could only mean that the girl had a tremendous idea. She turned back to the other two and proclaimed, "I'm gonna go catch up with her, tell her she's in the completley wrong place!" Kaida went to rush after her, though, remembered she was still stuck to Soleil. Her fingers began to unravel from Soleil's and with a new bounce in her step, she instructed Aoi, "Now, take extra good care of Soleil while I'm gone, just like she has with me, okay?~" She giggled, not waiting for an answer as she rushed on ahead, calling back, "I'll catch up with you both soon!"

Kaida wrestled her way through a tight knit group of students. "'scuse me, pardon me!" She said as she finally shifted out the last of the students in her way, who had turned and shouted, "Hey, what's your problem?!" But Kaida had rounded the corner already, more focused on the girl. She was just about at the top of a flight of stairs and turning left. Kaida started ascending two steps at a time, giggling at how riveting this chase was. "Heeyyy~!" She called after her, "wait up! I think you've got the wrong schoooool!~"

• 1c6d64e3287202062c3ca251a1c0d924.jpg
    <--Aisatsu, Ross-->
    {[挨拶 ロス]}
    ??/?? 7:00 AM
    Interaction: N/A

Ross winced as he heard those words, clutching his temple for a second before letting his hand down. What was that? It was like someone breathing into the microphone long and hard--piercing his ears. He soon chuckled and decided to smile.

"We can talk about it now." Ross says, reaching to Jinnai's hand. However, before he could even hold it, Jinnai pulled it away, turning around.

"No, it's..." Jinnai says, rubbing her own hand before glancing at Ross, the dastardly ringing returned alongside the fizzling of his vision. What showed momentarily was Jinnai fakely smiling, in tears...or at least it should be

Flashing in a moment, as if someone rapidly switching between one slide to another, it showed Jinnai showing no emotions. "Never mind, it's nothing." She shook her head, soon walking away. "Just...Don't come near me for a while." She said, seemingly storming off.

Ross stood there, nodding as he stared at the girl he loved telling him to stay away from her. His own girlfriend asking him to give her space, refusing to spend time with him...

There...

There should be a good reason for this, right?

A voice, one that's eerily similar to Ross' own voice remarked, prompting the Tapdancer to clutch his head, wincing.

Well, is there? Had you really done something that made her hate you so much?

The voice whispered to Ross, forcing him to look ahead, towards Jinnai, who is walking away in slow motion. His pupils dilate, breath quivering as his knees shaken. In fear of rejection, Ross is unable to move...But in fear of rejection, Ross wanted to stop her, reaching towards her. However, at that moment, he felt his eyes heat up, something thick dripping down his cheeks. Something red...

Blood.

Blood that dripped to the hand that rested on his chest, trying to feel his heartbeat. He clenched his chest.

"Ji--!" Ross tried to call out for Jinnai but no voice called out. A question presented itself--what did he do wrong? What did he do to deserve the girl whom he befriended to suddenly ask him to stay away from her. To suddenly ignore him by the girl he loved. To suddenly be given the cold shoulder by the one he thought was the one...He felt...Angry. Anger that he tried to hide by his tears that held his rage.

You are not in the wrong in feeling that anger, but in your heart, you know that she will be forgiven. Do you know why?

The voice speaks the truth, his fingers burrowing deeper and deeper onto Ross' chest as drops of blood fall to the ground.

Because you do not know what you did wrong. Because you know you did nothing wrong.

A squelch. The hand on his chest felt something soft, fleshy...And pulsating. Looking down at his hand, Ross saw his own beating heart in his hand, dripping fresh in blood.

Despite it all, you still continue to dance for her. You honed your skills for her.

So why not stop now?

I am thou, thou art I.

Ye who dance with his heart on his sleeve, ye who dance with an irreciprocative partner...

Let us dance, from now on to all eternity.

Ross walked towards Jinnai, catching up to her, holding his heart towards the girl he loves.

'Jinnai...' Ross closed his eyes as he pressed his heart against her back. 'I'm sorry.'

"Franz...Copellia." Ross called out, as a pillar of blue light beamed towards the heavens as a blue mist swirled around it. As the light dispelled, two figures appeared above him--one tall, lanky figure dressed in a black suit and coatails. The figure's face was cylindrical, bearing dotted eyes and a thin, handlebar moustache. His hands held another person's hands--the hands of a female mannequin clad in a purple dress, draping to her feet. Her hair bearing a passing resemblance to Jinnai herself.

The figures danced a somewhat lifeless waltz. The male only dancing with life while the mannequine acted like a mannequin and remained lifeless. Suddenly, Ross passed out due to blood loss. . .

Jordan awoke in a daze, the events of the previous day were jumbled, he remembered That he despised the people he was with . that after hanging around an abandoned mine that was pretty uneventful, he looked around his room and saw that it was Empty the way it always was. rather disorganized, he would have to clean after school. School... he thought to himself, he was excited slightly, another day to get out of the house in a new place. He looked at himself in the mirror that he kept near his drawers and closet. He admired the way he looked without his standard slim jeans and sweat shirt. Even though he was well built he was still ashamed of how he looked. maybe he would hit the beach that Kyatomi was famous for. In the other corner of his room on a beat up stand sat a gloss black guitar next to a tool box with multiple small scale tools scattered around the corner, an amp with a soldering station on top of it backed the guitar and he walked over to one of the more important items that he had. A beat up composition book lay next to the guitar stand, Jordan opened it up, besides some scrawls and tabalature, he couldn't read the words on the pages. These words were what he really felt, what he kept inside and couldn't express. his hand writing must have gotten really sloppy when he was writing. These lyrics expressed the unhappiness, anger, and hopelessness he constantly repressed. but that was Okay everything seemed so calm, peaceful even he got dressed after running his head under the shower head to get his disheveled red hair under control. he even saw something that surprised him, he was smiling, albeit small, He couldn't remember the last time he hadn't had to force one for the sake of his family. only grew when he noticed. He put on his school uniform with his signature sweatshirt, and went out into the small kitchen in the rental house, he wasn't as hungry as he thought, he grabbed a banana and a protein bar, before he left he went to check on his dad. Jordan looked in the dark room and saw him under the covers, he smiled to himself, The smell of alcohol was staggering as well as the half full bottle of whiskey. But that was fine.

Jordan walked out the door with a spring in his step. The air tasted sweeter and the sun on his skin felt like it was wrapping him in a blanket, It was wrong, HE was wrong. he walked through down the various side walks and streets with That same stupid smile. people who he passed gave him looks, some of them inquisitive, others dirty, but he was on cloud nine, And he wasn't coming down.

Jordan finally came to the high school. If he had the opportunity he would burn it down. he was excited to finally arrive and get set for another day of learning, maybe he would even meet People who made him wish he was dead. some new friends today. despite the Whispers about the school psycho and the weird American smiling. odd looks that he was given from other students he kept smiling. It's all smiles after all.

Jordan saw some of the people from the detention excursion that took place the previous day. They seemed to be happy together He hadn't known the feeling for what seemed to be an eternity. Jordan went to call out to them, but stopped short when he saw them walk away, That's all anyone ever did with him, just another thing to leave behind. too bad. It was almost as if a film was taken down from a window that cast the light in a different color. For a split second the bright, colorful world was replaced by one of grey, the students and teachers shifted into a faceless mass of bodies, their features blurred into indistinct shapes. in the center of this wave was something besides the endless grey, something so dark that it consumed any light that it came into contact with, leaving a space where the husks avoided subconsciously, moving out of the way of the lone figure, its formerly lowered head ascended and pierced Jordan's very soul with a gaze of pure hatred. Then like being awakened from a Bad dream he was snapped back to reality, he was confused, everything was Smiles... right?

Jordan wrote it off as a daydream, but a nagging voice in the back of his head, it was probably just from a lack of sleep, he walked over to the boys bathroom and turned on the cold tap he didn't hear the voices speaking of The weird American kid stumbling into the bathroom. he noticed the way the smooth tile reflected the light from the pretty fluorescents. After collecting water inside he looked at himself in the mirror before plunging his face into the chilling water and looking back up. It was like someone had hit the lights, he looked back up and the grey was back, only it was more oppressive than how it was inside the hallway, and something was following behind it. He was confused, where had the light gone? This wasn't happy, and it wasn't All smiles. after looking around at the creeping grey that was steadily coming toward him. He looked back towards the mirror. His reflection was there, but it wasn't his own, the figure that radiated an aura of loathing from when the grey view first occurred stare back at him with the same emblazed eyes. He looked back at the grey, the darkness was following it now, and it was choking out the weak light that filled the room.

he resigned himself to his fate of fading away, from his few friends, family, and the world. He shut his eyes and waited for the cold embrace of the void to sweep him into eternal nothingness, but a voice rang out. "
So this is it? The culmination of you're solemn defiance of the world." it was his own voice speaking to him. "After all of that, you give in?" the voice asked, disgusted. The grey had ceased encroaching on his small island of brightness. "No, you haven't, you just needed to be reminded of why you fight... Not for a weak reason such as belief or righteousness, no such thing exists, but to spite those who have done the same to you, the need to get even with the offenders and maligners overrides doubt, uncertainty, and despair..." Jordan had begun to grip the sides of the bathroom sink, a grimace turned to a silent snarl as years of repressed rage surfaced at once. "Do you believe yourself strong enough to dominate the world?" the question echoed in his mind as the grey and following nothingness surged, but a force was keeping it back, his own brightness had darkened, but not to the shade of the void, he rejected it, using the dark light that now emanated from his center to to combat the monotonous shade that battered his soul. Visions of his younger years that plagued his nightmares, a boy fighting back sobs as he cried silently in the darkness, Jordan looked up at the reflection as similar tears streaked down his cheeks, but these were different, the bared teeth and contorted features in the throes of pure hatred. "Yes... you know what you fight for now, yourself. Never forget, never forgive, always repay in kind..."

The grey screamed as it was repulsed into the nothingness it so eagerly served, the dark light purging the void as well, absorbing it and repurposing it, forging the weakness into strength, Jordan stood tall as his reflection Smirked. "I am thou. Thou art I." Jordan balled a fist and slammed it into the mirror, shattering it. "Emerge from the heart of darkness tempered by its horror, and bend its terrible might to your will." he grabbed the largest shard of glass from off the ground and looked at the perfect balance of darkness and light in the bathroom. "Tread the path of the lone hunter, separated from the pack." Jordan stabbed himself in the midsection with the shard and brought the makeshift blade across in a bisecting motion, after he threw the shard away he plunged his right hand inside the deep wound, the pain was exquisite, he caught purchase of his quarry and slowly pulled as tissue was torn to shreds and nerve clusters screamed their masochistic crescendo. His bounty was finally free as the brilliant darkness surged around him. He lifted his tended Liver out before him like an offering as the words rolled off of his tongue by themselves.

Wolf Larsen
His call was answered, the darkness coalesced into a humanoid shape of armor as black and beautiful as a raven's feather, the red pulse of vitality in the segments in the plate that exuded the dark mist of the night followed by the metal effigy of a wolf's head attached to the neck of the body. the blazing crimson was strongest in the eyes of the summoned reflection of himself. Almost as soon as it had appeared, the blanket of black light enveloped Jordan as he went in and out of consciousness.

Last edited:
Toro

36034457_230055144270423_1732583918806237184_n-1-1.jpg
Toro churned nauseous on the floor, false memories turning opaque. Little details bled fast but psychological pain did well to hone blockbuster moments. He'd never forget the beating and bullet, or slashing his own fucking stomach after killing— "Zaou! The suits, where are they?" spat confused with a roll to back as clarity flushed. Sweet oxygen never tasted so good and Toro questioned like trout on the deck, chief among standing — "Where's the gang? Did I pass out after the fight? Shouldn't I be dead there's no way? Did they sell me to the government for some experiment?!" with a spiritual tin hat. Despite Alex Jonesing the answer it clicked but holes persisted still. Mineshaft to morning was impossible and the day after was bullshit too. Meeting in a deadzone at 6am with Yakuza was extremely out of character these days and doing so with a smile on his face? Then there was nonsense like his injuries — all healed from gunshot to seppoku slash, brute cracked bones and bruises. The only theory left was ultra-drugs hitting on the lift; some beastly psychs benching 350 and still not flushed from his system. The vibrant Kabuki performer standing three feet away proved it's effect still kicking; shit was getting weird-weirder-weirdest.

20200322_113551-1.jpg
"Screw off I know you're fake" the boy sighed harsh, pushing from the ground to sit mulling — "Silent treatment huh?" laughed at the colorful performer who'd narrow his look in reply. The tension between sparked as wood blocks clack-clack-clacked through the tunnel and the Kabuki spun sideway as pace quickened. Stiff arming the air the persona shot his palm out, face tilting back to point chin skyward. Raising his front leg to crane stance he'd hop about with the tap-tap-tap of wood sandles and breathing deep he'd belt out —

"Rivers running red!

The end of a great dynasty, yet

Samurai's son lives!

TORO!"

As cherry blossoms whipped a tornado around the pair, lifting Toro's body like a leaf in the wind. Standing him straight the storm seemed concious and none of it clicked through the lense of hallucination. Wholly unnerved to think this reality, Toro refused all the evidence with a vain - "This is impossible!" as the two squared in the barrage, but Ichikawa knew better. With strings playing the persona dropped his back-tilt face like a hammer to yell "THIS IS NO ILLUSION!!!! HYA!" as deafening wardums played and — "WHAT?" — Toro was too old for this shit, he could only watch as Ichi hopped a spin on one leg, singing out another Haiku.

"I am your mirror

A second side of the coin

Choose the sword or die!"

Boomed the words and Ichikawa's rotation stopped, a katana extending from his robe to the boy. A thousand inhibitions questioned but the sword — the sword called Toro and clutching handle he pulled her from Ichikawa's grasp. Sliding from its sheath she was beautiful and well folded with a dangerous glow. Like a glove she balanced sporting proper length to weight and everything about her felt right. Toro was centered holding the blade and with calm acceptance, knowledge began to flow through like a current. Serving a transmitter the katana channeled electric epiphany, and suddenly Toro knew Ichikawa a Persona and blade his spirit weapon.

Knowledge settling a supersonic BOOM dispelled the storm. Wind dying and blossoms fading the tunnel calmed; plus twenty bonus points — the wind had dried off Toro! Clutch scenes and Ichikawa cracked a smile watching the birth of a warrior, one with allies to fight a fresh spawned enemy. Jun'ichi was one of the former which was boss but the other drew blanks. Toro had seen Ross once or twice but didn't know anything about him, not even his name. They both looked as lost as he; from analyzing tubes and sewer walls to the disgusting liquid in the channel beside them. As a unit their ult-move was "head scratch" but they'd have to form up, bird fucker was asking to die.

"Yo Jun! Long time! You know what going on? Were you in some weird simulation too? And uhh.... kid? With the hair we should get together. This bird thing wants to die and I think we just got superpowers" Toro yelled down the hall with glee. He was ready to roll after being freed and superpowers channeled confidence. Toro wanted to scrap for real now after all the fakery and Big Bird was about to get ran 3v1. Aki envisioned the jump in advance with a smile, looking at the creature to chirp — "Big sword for a tiny brain, you must not see three of us with powers. Mark this one for the boys who've been shit on by pigeons yeah?"

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Haz. Haz. Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Last edited:

• tumblr_o23gftSwPb1sahhgjo1_1280.png
    Persona: Ronald, The Storm

Interacting With:
    Toro ( Jet Jet ), Ross ( Thepotatogod Thepotatogod ), Shadow ( Haz. Haz. )
    Mentions:
    Jordan ( Midrick Midrick )
    ~ Sewer (?) ~
    I Can't Sleep || Jun’ichi’s CS File

A bright warm feeling enveloped him as this new reality came into view. He was tossed onto concrete, ripping something off his mouth he tossed it before he even came into a full awareness. A plopping sound of water came into his ears. Wait he could hear, like a flash of deja vu he could nearly swear that he’d ripped out his own eardrums. No he was certain he did. He brought up his hands to his ears. Yup all functioning.

So then he had to wonder just what he was doing, and where he was. He forced himself to his feet with his eyes still closed, half afraid that his senses would fail him again. He heard a familiar voice, not the one he wanted but more than enough considering that he recognized it. Toro was here. With that thread, he started to have his memory snap back together. The argument with Dryer, the van, descending in the mines. Fuck. They never did come back up did they?

So if that’s what happened. There had to be some disconnect. He opened his eyes and wanted to jump back as a large lanky figure hovered over him. It had no eyes but yet he got the impression that it was looking right through to the very essence of his soul. It was only the immense training of not giving bullies an emotional advantage that helped him school his expression flat as if this were no more than the typical Tuesday.

Slit mouth stretched thin pulled back to reveal rows of rotting teeth. It was disgusting but not frightening, not to him anyway. He looked up, craning his neck at it. The figure could probably touch the ceiling if it uncurled to full height. Instead it stood over him, watching sightlessly. Observing it would do no good, he couldn’t understand it even when it called out to him much less now as it wouldn’t go away.

Instead better use of time would be spent figuring out how to find his brother. Or even just how to find how they got here. He went up to the tubes and started looking around it. He didn’t understand how this tube got here or how he got here in one of these tubes. He could feel his other self following, could feel it above him it’s a presence both empty and imposing. Is that what he felt like? He went to touch the tube he’d fallen out of and got a wave of nausea as he recalled something touching him as they went down the lift.

Oh. He turned back to the others. Toro was easily identifiable but he didn’t know much about the third. Each of them stood with a similarly imposing thing. Another them? He wanted to laugh, so Toro’s other self was a samurai then? He couldn’t though apparently his self was a dirty creepy slenderman mafioso. He would have gone on to question his own other self like Toro but it was stopped by a clear and sound of footfalls. He turned expecting it to be his brother or another of their missing hoard yet instead stood what he could only describe as a walking corpse.

He turned his whole body facing the approacher. If he took a small step back then he would have no one but his own self as a witness. This made no sense. Where were they? As the corpse turned into a puddle of black ink and a monstrous bird ripped out from the floor where that ink touched. He was getting angry. What the fuck was happening? Why? Where was Ichi?

He could feel that anger reflected in his other self. Ronald let out a roar as he stepped up to stand near side by side with Toro. He went to reach down in his boot expecting to find his switch that he always had. Only it wasn’t there. Okay. He let out a hiss before answering Toro.

“Simulation eh? Guess that’s what you could call that bullshit.”

He cracked his knuckles preparing for an old fashioned beatdown of the damn flying chicken dinner. If he didn’t have a switchblade he’d use his fists. If he didn’t have his brother at his side then he’d damn well find him. If he didn’t have a clue what was coming up then he’d just tear his way through till he got his answers.

“Seems like it’s got a death wish and I’m ready to oblige. Hey Music Box You In?”

--Ross Aisatsu--
Interaction: Toro( Jet Jet ), Jun'Ichi( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic )

Glass shatters as Ross was finally set free from the illusion, prompting the tapdancer to suddenly be tossed onto the ground, drenched with the capsule's liquid as his mouth was still covered by what he assumed to be a mask of some kind. Snapping awake, Ross immediately sat up, and in a panic, looked around and patted his body--luckily, his heart is still in the right place, in his body. Soon discovering the thing on his mouth, Ross attempted to rip it off.

"MMMMMM!!" Ross' mumbled scream as he tried to rip off the mouthpiece. He was struggling.

Allow me...One, two!

The voice in his head rang aloud once more, and soon enough, a tall lanky figure motioned a low sweep across Ross' face, followed by a mannequin's hard yet lifeless feet slapping across, that which caused the mouth piece that was apparently stuck to his mouth to be ripped off.

"HOOOOTHANKGOD!" Ross' exasperated gasp for air as he rubbed his cheek in pain, looking up to see the two figures that constitute his Persona, spinning slowly in some kind of waltz. They never seemed to stop moving--contineously dancing an endless dance. "Thanks, that thing was stuck real good." Ross sighs as he stood up, soon facing the other two that appeared to simultaneously older and younger than him. The older looking one with a white afro asked his friend, Jun'ichi, he overheard, about being in some kind of simulation. "Simulation? Is that what that was?" Ross asked, rubbing the back of his neck,popping its joints as if stretching. "That felt oddly real...Like I was reviewing some kinda dance routine or...Revisiting a memory." He says soon crouching as he stretched his legs, the plates on his tapdancing shoes clapping along the metal ground as he finished stretching as he faced towards some kind of bird monster, Jun'ichi asking him(probably) if he's coming with.

"I'm gonna be honest with you two, heheh...I have no idea what's going on." Ross chuckled awkwardly as he began to hop in place,bouncing up and down in rhytmn. "But I'm down if that means we can get outta wherever this is!" He said, wiping the wet liquid off of his nose. "The name's Ross, by the way. Aisatsu, Ross!" He introduced, stepping beside the two, still bouncing in rhytmn as if trying to get the flow of the battle in a pseudo metronome like timing. Ross knows a bit of taekwondo, so it should be no problem...Right? "And I'm pretty sure I'm older than you two--or just one of you, I dunno." He shrugs before charging towards the bird thing, his Persona passionately rushing above, hopping and spinning in some kind of tango before leaping and roundhouse kicking the Bird thing's head as Ross got down and spun on the ground in some kind of spinning kick.

Aoi Mochizuki | 望月 葵

Aoi heard her name being called upon, seeing Soleil waving at her energetically, dragging Kaida along the way, made her smile but even so when did they become so close?. “Good morning, Soleil, Kaida.” She said with a single raise of her hand, “Oh so that’s what happened! I knew I was forgetting something.” She pounded her fist down to her palm as if getting a eureka moment. “But to think Themis would just give me plastic handcuffs, I guess she’s a bit of a joker, huh?” But it was very much real.

Aoi was tugged along to the inside by Soleil with Kaida with much giggling coming from the pianist. Soleil. She disliked her words of preaching, like a pompous two-faced ass. She never liked her. “Isn’t that Ashikaga-senpai? Why is she with the delinquent and the awfully quiet sophomore?” One group of students asked each other in whispers.

The young pianist cocked her head at the other blue-haired schoolmate aside from herself. Kaida. She never had a big impression of her, just that she has an attitude that Aoi would like to avoid. She doesn’t matter to her. “Hmmm? No, I didn’t notice any girl.” A response to the boxer’s question, looking over to see if there was any girl she described down the hallways before shrugging.

"Now, take extra good care of Soleil while I'm gone, just like she has with me, okay?~" Kaida told her, to which she responded with a salute. “Aye aye, captain!” She watched as the other blue-haired student ran farther from where they all once stood, giving her a wave.

Aoi then stepped closer to Soleil and gave her a wide grin, “You know, you two look cute together.” Blegh. No, they don’t. She tugged on the former actress with the hand that still held each other and said, “Let’s go to the music room, I’ll play you a song. And I won’t take no for an answer, because there’s still a lot of time before class starts!”

With the former actress in tow, Aoi made her way to the Music Room where a piano stood in all its grandness. It looked just like the piano back home in America. She made Soleil sit beside her as she caressed a few keys to hear it’s sound. “I haven’t done this in quite a while.” You can’t even finish a song! Why are you going around playing for people??

A smile spread on her lips, starting off with a sweet relaxing tune that soon became more upbeat. Letting the music take over her. She was having fun, just like before. Before everything went downhill. “You know, I never really thought that I’d be friends with you. I am glad that we are now, though.” She gave Soleil a quick look with shining eyes, eager to share the music that she loves.

“Never had many friends back in America.” She told her companion as she played music. While normally people would feel lonely at the talk of having no friends, Aoi feels perfectly fine. “How about you? Got anything interesting to share?”

Aoi continued playing the piano for half of the piece already, the harmony of the keys flowing perfectly well like the prodigy that she is. Until suddenly the next key that she played was that of a scream, it made her stop and she was sure that she was the only one that heard it, a memory stirred. One that tugged her heart in a way that she did not like. “I-I’m sorry. I suddenly don’t feel well. Next time, I’ll show you a better performance.”

location: || interactions: loveweaver loveweaver Arcanist Arcanist || mentions: n/a

just note that the Kanji is written by surname-given name

• tumblr_pm5gb1W6zd1qg53joo1_400.png
    Persona: Unawakened

Interacting With:
    Shirou ( CapRock CapRock ), Alex ( Jeef_jones Jeef_jones ), Numerous Shadow Fragments
    ~ Gates -> Inside the School Building ~
    Bad || Ichirou’s CS File

He had the world at his fingertips. Endless smiles, or more accurately vicious smirks, flowing his way. He was going to win for sure. Not that the competition meant much he just wanted to get the chance to kiss his lady, and of course kissing Shirou had been great so it just went to show that he needed to try kissing other guys now. He didn’t wanna unpack that just this second so he didn’t. All that mattered to him was getting the closest he could to his friends, but he couldn’t imagine any that would want him around without the constant mediation from Jun anyways. The girls loved him, because they could chew him up and spit him out, taking what they wanted and spinning the story to what pleased them.

So he needed some new friends. Especially since he couldn’t find anyone he’d known yet. Well intimacy was the quickest way to friendship right? At least that’s what he told himself when he grabbed the first he saw. Glowing yellow eyes, bore into his soul, were the last thing he saw before dragging the feminine form to him. Kissing felt like a making out with a drywall. This one didn’t give anything back. Her eyes, cruel, let him know nothing. He stepped back and looked back to Shirou.

“That’s one for me Senpai, think you’ll win after all?”

Pivoting on his heel he didn’t look to Shirou's expression instead planning his targets. A girl in white, A man in blue, yet each and every one had the same golden eyes. He ignored the sickening feeling of the back of his head screaming at him for the twisted nature of this exercise. As if this competition was tailor made to exasperate his own insecurities. He pointed to a girl in pink, a cruel smirk on her face as Ichirou pointed at her, that was the one he’d aim for next.

“Shirou think you can manage to beat me? I think I’ll get more girls and guys in the hour. We can compare notes when we get to the courtyard. GOOD LUCK SENPAI I HAVE FUTURE LOVERS TO WOO.”

He went running off grabbing a few people as he passed and forced shared a kiss with each. It wasn’t long before he ran out of people to kiss outside. He entered the building with a flourish realizing that the halls were mostly empty. It creeped him out immensely, Where were all the people?

Where are they? Keeping away from you. Did you think they actually LIKED you? How sad.

He turned, looking back and forth through the halls, looking for a voice that made itself home inside his own head. He kept looking, just one more hall. One more hall and he’d find a person, any person. His world was turning as he felt as though the walls would cave in on him without anyone near. A boy stood before him, blond facing away. Oh he recognized this one. He went with a jog grabbing him by the wrist. Number 25.

Last edited:
Enemy Type: Archangel
Party: Jun'ichi Amano, Toro Aki, Ross Aisatsu
Interacting: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Jet Jet Thepotatogod Thepotatogod
Battle Theme:

Those eyes the red of quasars bore down the blade-edge, the rust-worn, nick-serrated steel chewed by neglect no more than the bygone chainmail that clung to its wielder in hanging locks like seaweed strips to a sunken shipwreck. The sight however forlorn, he dragged his great-brand in tow to a shrill metallic shriek like an orchestra of self-deafened violinists filing through their bowstrings, mocking a dozen creaking doors; that hideous sound persistent, incessant, arrhythmic to his footsteps. The archangel was slow, unimpeded by his own cacophony, his walk a cadaver's hobble yet earth-quaking as though each knee took the full of his body weight, only a feather's fall from collapse.

Then came that blinding flash and the titans clashed, Franz and Ross swung feet-first and the angel brought his blade in counter, the impact a revolution in the light, a division of the air, the fallout of sparks a rain of sawdust from tree bark, and when the dancers won it was when Aisatsu's sweep and a kaleidoscopic surge like a flashbang dyed rainbow sent their foe hurtling back, the screech of plate to floor another damning performance of heavy metal until the angel's sword found purchase and he'd skid to whiplash-halt, down on a knee and palm on the hilt as a makeshift cane.

And again those piercing eyes leapt forward - at their command, phantasmal javelins of a heavenly gold coalesced in the sky, then torpedoed onward to skewer the boys and their guardians swiftly and mercilessly, the holy salvo unending til their caster would be struck.

Last edited:

• a067498f552de3707fba13ed35b84804.png
    Persona: Ronald, The Storm

Interacting With:
    Toro ( Jet Jet ), Ross ( Thepotatogod Thepotatogod ) Archangel ( Haz. Haz. )
    ~ ??? ~
    Light The Fire Up In The Night (P3 Side) || Jun’ichi’s CS File

At least Music Box, wait no he called himself Ross, knew how to get shit started even if it seemed he didn’t know much else. The quick attack from the two figures that made up his other set the tone at a quick assault. Twinkle toes joined up with Toro and himself in line bouncing around like someone feeling them out. His approval went up but not by much.

He wasn’t used to looking out for more than Ichi in fights, which meant they were already in a hard spot. Either way their advantage of numbers should be enough, six to one was quite the odds after all. Still they shouldn’t be too cocky despite the underlining itch to just punch everything in sight.

That sword didn’t look too weak with the way it managed to hold back the dancers. It didn’t matter long though as the dancers overcame. He had Ronald start to charge but the persona didn’t get far at all before the Angel was back on its feet. Torpedos of holy light came bursting out. He didn’t have time to dodge but Luckily the lanky nature of Ronald worked in their favor as he bent over the three of them with its arms blocking at the majority of the light attacks. Still it wasn’t like he could block it all as Jun found out feeling a stinging at his side.

“Don’t suppose any of you have a gun to stop that bitch by any chance?”

Where did the rest of the world go?

In that moment, sitting with his back to that concrete wall, Kenzo realized that something had changed. The streets that had spanned out from the convenience store seemed as if they were behind a black curtain, gone somewhere he would never be able to see them again. When he turned his eyes to the sky, he couldn't see a single star shining, as if they had been devoured by an unseen force wanting to destroy every last speck of light. All there was was a great expanse of darkness that surrounded him on every side, with the only things that felt remotely real being the two individuals in front of him, a young boy crying over a fallen policeman.

A cold shock spiraled through his body, something trying to rip and tear it's way out from the dense fog that was his mind, as it grew thicker and thicker as it tried to stifle it back down. But it wouldn't give up so easily, and Kenzo's smile began to fade as he placed one hand over his forehead, clenching his teeth and gripping his knee with his free hand, his knuckles turning white as the blood soaked into his pants. He saw the holes and dirt that covered them, from years of wear, as if whoever they belonged to had no home to return to. He knew they weren't his clothes. But whose were they?

Another wave of warmth, and he felt himself begin to sink back into that lovely feeling again, the headache still there but now beginning to numb. He had no reason to worry. He probably had just gotten his clothes extremely dirty during practice today. He was always giving his all, wanting to make people proud of him. And they were, right? His coach told him he was proud of him, and he had even been told that he could make it to the major league one day if he tried hard enough. His grandmother showed up to all his skirmishes, and he would go home to tell his mother if he won that day, since she always seemed too busy to make it to them.

Cold again, another vague memory reaching through the fog to him, as he remembered that, aside from his very first game, his mother had never been to another. She always had an excuse not to go, either because of work or something came up with one of her friends. He even remembered on night returning home to see her crawled into a ball on the couch, the reek of booze puncturing his nose as he helped her to her room. He had never seen her like that, and it had scared him, but he couldn't allow her to see that. A few other times he had seen her hide away the alcohol in the cabinets when he returned home at night, but they all pretended like the problem never existed, as they didn't want to bring up the reason for it.

The reason. Another chilling stab at his psyche as he tried to stand up, turning away from the scene in front of him as he gripped his head in his hands, squeezing it as if he was trying to crush it, the warmth fighting it with everything it had as a groan left the boy's lips. He noticed a drip of red, and pulled his hands away to look at the blood that poured down his arms, thick and cold. He tried to wipe it off on his shirt, but he couldn't, the thick liquid seeming to come from nowhere. As he wiped some off, more appeared in it's place. He shook his hands wildly, trying to get it off, and he sprayed blood around on the concrete, the plants, the stairs, even the street light that shone down on his small world. His breathing quickened, the warmth trying to keep it's hold on him, as a chilling voice came from behind him.

"It's your fault, huh?"

Kenzo froze, his breath caught in his throat as he turned to look at what had spoken. The boy was kneeling, motionless, holding his hands covered in blood in front of him, the tears on his face frozen as his gaze was plastered to the floor. A steely look had overcome it, all emotion that had been there before now gone. He was hunched over, as if trying to protect himself from what surrounded him, and his eyes looked as if they were staring at something no one else could see, stuck to only to where he was in that moment.

Sitting next to him, legs crossed as if it was a schoolboy who had just been released from school and was ready to play in the park, was the corpse of the police officer, whose movements now made him seem very much alive. Blood still fell from the wound in his abdomen, but it was drying on his clothes, as if he had been bleeding for hours. A playful yet annoyed smile was plastered to his lips, as if he had finally won after a long battle, and now he was enjoying the prize. Where his eyes had been brown before, they were now a piercing and unnerving yellow, staring into Kenzo's very soul.

"Yep! You did this. You fought with him, thinking he was making you super lame, right? Every kid gets tired of their parent. You've seen it plenty of times from those around you. But your dear old dad didn't want to burden you, and he tried to make it all up to you. So he took you out, spent his night with you, showed you what you did, all because you had a temper tantrum."

Kenzo took a step back, but felt the void behind him, and felt terrified to take another step. He was sweating, he knew, because he felt a single bead run down his nose, sending shivers through him. "Dad...no, I didn't-No, I wasn't mad at him. I could never be mad at him!"

"Oh, but you were!" Honda Shunjiro stood up, brushing the dust of his trousers as he stuck a finger in his wound, whistling at it. "You were so mad and your father wanted to make amends, try and see eye to eye. You and him had a good talk, but you suddenly got a craving for some ice cream. It was late, and your dad knew it could be dangerous, and he tried to persuade you to go home, but you were so adamant and he just loved you so much, he relented and you stopped at that convenience store. And as he waited for you, he pulled out his cigarettes and, as he fumbled for that lighter of his, he was attacked. Stabbed, right in his gut. Pretty nasty wound, too, since when the ambulance finally got here, you and him were absolutely covered in his blood." His father looked up at him, now glaring, and he took a few steps towards Kenzo. Kenzo felt his heart beat quicker and quicker, drumming in his ears like it was about to burst. "You know it. If you hadn't stopped at that store, your father would still be alive today. He would be at all your games, teaching you how to be a man, getting you ready for the world. But because of you, he's dead. It's all your fault."

Kenzo felt himself begin to shrink inwards, shaking his head furiously as the pain in his mind grew. "I...I didn't mean for any of that to happen! I wanted to go in and buy some ice cream for my dad, too. He loves those chocolate bars that that store sold, and I wanted to get him one! It wasn't just for me, it was for him, too!" Kenzo's gaze returned to his father, his breathing now labored. "How do you know all of this? Who are you?!"

Right before his very eyes, the face of his dad morphed, twisting the entire head into that of a new one, one that Kenzo couldn't stand to see every day. Slim eyes with almost black irises, pale skin, sharp and slightly feminine features. The lips were thin, and the nose was just a little lopsided, something that had caused many people to laugh at when they noticed it under the right light. Dark blue hair cascaded down around the head, which the person now pushed back behind their ears. Staring back at Kenzo, this second Kenzo stared stoicly back at him, the slightest smile on his face. "I'm you. What you really are inside. A pathetic wimp, hiding who you really are in order to make the lives of others easier, hating how unfair the world seems to be. You act like everything is okay, burying your emotions so people don't worry about you. No one thinks you're a good guy because of how much you try and help people. You and I both know how ridiculous you are, and how much what you do means nothing, washed away to the backs of people's mind. You don't form any deep bonds because you think you're bad luck, and will end up ruining anything and anyone you get involved with. In the end, no one will remember you, aside from being the poor brat with the dead dad."

The Kenzo with yellow eyes approached Kenzo, getting close enough that their chests almost touched. "
Right now, it's time to wake up. All this time, I've been trying to get you to look at what's really going on around here. None of this is real, aside from myself. You're living in your own dream where you think everything is okay, that you can live your life without any regrets until the day you die. Well, that day will come soon if you don't snap out of it. Right now, I'm the only thing standing between you and the grave, and I'm sure that right now, you don't really want to bite the dust, either. So what do you say?" He held out his hand as his yellow gaze bore into Kenzo.

Kenzo looked down at the hand for a few moments, though those few moments felt like hours. Now, that cold and clear feeling was filling him, the warmth settling in his gut, stomped down by the words that filled his mind. His once terrified face was now settling, his face stoic once more, but where before a dead sadness had filled his eyes, they were no clear and bright, and there was a fire behind them. He looked into the face of himself, and he felt something stir within him. "You're right."

His doppelganger turned his head in curiosity, and Kenzo continued. "I am a pushover. I let people walk all over me because I think that's the easiest thing to do. I don't want people to see how I feel because I don't want them to pity me. I'm scared they will think I'm too much of a burden, and I try to just fit in to everyone's life as a background character who can't make anything of himself. I find hollow ways to fill the void I have inside of me, and nothing works. As you said, I'll probably die alone someday, with no one there to offer me comfort. Everything you've said has been right so far." He lifted one hand up. "But I'll be damned to hell if I won't change that. I'll show my worth, and prove to you and myself that I can do something of significance. I refuse to die here to prove you right."

The other Kenzo stood speechless, but recovered after a few seconds and grinned. "Then prove it. That warmth is only a hindrance to us."

Kenzo nodded, and he knew what he had to do. He took a deep breath, knowing that what he was about to do would be the most irrational thing he had ever done. He held the breath as he held his hand over where the warmth was circulating. He locked eyes with the man, the shadow of what he really was, and plunged his fingers into his abdomen. The pain was immediate and excruciating, but he couldn't give up. He gritted his teeth as he wiggled his fingers around, finally feeling the thin, wire-like object he was looking for. He gripped it tightly with his index finger and thumb, and with shut his eyes tight as he began to pull, his stomach twisting itself, and he ignored the urge to hurl. He felt the snaps as the long red lines came out of his abdomen, dripping a thick golden liquid as they came spiraling out.

It was then that he heard a voice. His voice, but not from his shadow. It welled up from deep within him.

"This world is full of darkness.

The good get punished while evil roams free.

The innocent are preyed on by the sinners.

Pain is the only truth there is to this world.

But you can change that.

You can become the law that brings balance and peace...
"

The fire in Kenzo burned hotter and hotter, and where warmth blinded him before, uncontrollable blazes had were awakening inside him, and he knew this was his beginning.

"I am thou, thou art I.

Learn from the past,

fight the present,

and protect the future.

Protect the ideals of the good,

And bring justice to an unlawful land.

Let nothing stand in your way...
"

With one final pull, and with a yell of mixed anger and relief, Kenzo ripped the last of the tendrils out, his own blood mixing with his fathers that still clung to his hands. And as the darkness around him enveloped him, and his consciousness began to fade once more, he heard a name.

SUDDEN GREEN

Then nothing.

本田 謙三
Honda Kenzo

The Justice Arcana

Last edited:
a good(bad) boi.png
Mentions: Haz. Haz. (GM), CapRock CapRock Midrick Midrick (Waking up together gang)
As Ichirou grabbed alex's hand and he was going to look over to the person who was grabbing him a thought permeated his mind hard and he stopped his action hearing this one, turning and looking over at one of the doors "Hey Hey hey, that classroom has something reallllly fun for you, let's go in there" and with that, he would unknowingly pull himself away from the boy, taking a few steps to the door, reaching out and opening it and entering, seeing the scene that was inside. There were bodies everywhere, all cut up in ways that showed organs and other bits and pieces barely staying inside of them, the only other standing person was another kid that was facing away from Alex in a familiar pink jacket, holding a big sharp knife in his hand, when suddenly he turned around and faced Alex with a wide grin and the golden eyes beamed towards Himself as his face slowly turned more and more into shock and horror at the sight of everything. The boy took steps towards Alex as he was frozen in fear of everything, as the thing, the voice that felt like it was in his thoughts as well as coming out of this other him as he approached said something interesting "Why don't you take this little thing here and let's fix that split problem! just a little cut won't hurt, wouldn't it?" the voice sounded a bit stranger in the air but he would hand Alex the knife, the boy only looking down at it as the other him would circle around and grab onto his shoulders looking at the knife with him as he took it and would aim it for the top of his skull, his target clear, if he removed his mind it would finally end, the shadow Alex only nodding encouragingly towards the act, and with that he suddenly jabs it right into his head, everything going dark, everything going quiet, everything growing...calm. Nothing would happen...10 seconds passed, then 20 and it was still silent until suddenly he would gasp as he opened his eyes in an unfamiliar space, everything was still dark as he looked up to see a man standing in front of him, his clothing strangely split into two sorts of styles meeting in the middle. The man cleared his throat and spoke to Alex:
"Another such as myself? Plagued with the thoughts of both worlds...Very well then. Alex Feron, will you continue to walk the path of being blissfully ignorant of what you hate within yourself....or will you learn to control it, into something that can be much more powerful?" The man asked as he held out a hand "Take my hand, and I will show you the better path. I am thou, Thou art I." Alex was completely confused as to what this man meant or who he was or where he was or what he was even doing but...he felt compelled to take this chance, and so with that, he would reach out and take the man's hand, the man himself firmly shaking it with a light smile "Then now is the time for you to wake up" and with that Alex would once again everything would fade out again...​

Shirou Lancaster

I don’t feel so happy anymore...
1588279189549.png
Interacting with: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic 's Ichirou (for like 5 seconds but still)

“Good luck, Siren-kun! You’ll need it!”

Shirou cackled and waved at Ichirou as he left his sight, his competition quickly darting ahead in the count. No matter, he’d catch up soon enough. The young man picked up a pace and turned a hallway and then another. Strange, he couldn’t remind ever being in this part of the school. Everything was also painfully empty as well. He kept on wandering, hoping to find at least something that’d make this day even more remarkable. And find it he did.

“Shirou Lancaster! We need to have a talk.”

Brutal chills ridden with unspoken terror took Shirou’s body by storm as those words were uttered, himself jolting from toe to eyelid instantaneously as if he were a corpse brought back to life by a defibrillator change. His already uncanny smile turned empty outright as the muscles in his face dug into the skin, an obviously forceful attempt to keep a chasm between outer appearance and psyche – were he to remain true to his feelings, he would scream.

The two stood opposite within a school corridor riddled of lockers. A crowd materialized enigmatically and cast a plethora of judgmental eyes upon him. The entirety of the school, no, of the world weighted down on the young man at his most vulnerable time, a feeling swift to overtake any sweet taste of euphoria that remained in his body as virtually no amount of ignorant bliss held a candle to the next grand event:

Shirou Lancaster’s reckoning.

“It took longer than I expected, but here I am, my darling one.”

The one speaking was Shirou’s mother yet, at the same time, wasn’t: The black-haired lady had the same black straight hair, gentle hands and diminutive red lips to her, but her face lay clouded, filtered by the static interference of a computer screen that implied a million miles of distance, never to be truly closed. All that seemed real, that seemed there, were her eyes, the same inhumane, blank, glowing yellow slits populating the entirety of this rose-tinted nightmare. Their lifeless glare drilled a hole into his soul.

“I know about all of it, Shirou. About the lies. About the drugs, the sex, the crimes… God, they were so many! I gave it my all to teach you values and morals, and this is how you repay me!?”

Not a moment after she had finished the last sentence, the crowd began to rustle and giggle. Their hands rose with all the severity of an executioner’s axe and then clenched, only the index finger jutting out towards Shirou. Giggles shifted into murmurs and the voices massed, tangled, merged into an almost holy chant that echoed through the walls with such intensity that the words they spoke became one with the air itself:

“Foreign boy, foreign boy, foreign boy, foreign boy!”

The young man’s feet tottered backward, yet landed ever closer to his fate as the very walls and ceiling drew in at a claustrophobic rate. Sweat dripped from his jawline, limbs ignored commands with rigor mortis-like obstinacy. What to do, what to say to get out of this? With a bang, doors closed shut, windows collapsed on their frames, corridors vanished out of thin air. The voices remained relentless.

“And who do you do this for, Shirou? Do you think they love you for putting up a show for them? You couldn’t be more wrong.”

Another sound joined the cacophony of his personal hell in the form of a loud, marked thumping coming from inside of his own chest. To accompany each beat, a flash of memory from his childhood, clenching his heart with all the agony of a straitjacket made of thorns. They displayed a simpler Shirou, who found fascination in romantic tales of good overwhelming evil, who would always be honest, kind and selfless. A Shirou who, most of all, could still look mother in the eye.

“Look how they laugh at you. Look how they despise you. Behind your back, they give voice to their true feelings – none of what you did has ever gotten you any closer at all to them. Shirou Lancaster, the biggest fluke of Kayatomi, tossing his own future into the trash because he’s too afraid of himself.”

“FOREIGN BOY, FOREIGN BOY, FOREIGN BOY, FOREIGN BOY!”

Ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum
grew his heartbeat ever louder, snuffing out all but one thought of his mind: This had to stop, whatever the cost. The young man put his trembling hands together and stared at them wide-eyed as his mother’s yells embarked in a crescendo:

“I regret ever giving birth to you, Shirou Lancaster! You’re nothing but a waste of space and everyone wishes you were dead! You’re no son of mine! But I know who you are. Because, whenever I look at you, I realize… You are just like HIM!”

Right at the climax of it all, the sound of pierced flesh resonated through the room and categorically put to rest all others that came before it. Shirou collapsed upon his knees, dread cold spreading through his chest as his shirt was drenched red. From a finally clear – if darkening – sight, he spotted the shadows gaping in horror and stepping away from the appalling scene crafted by his own actions. His hands felt meat at first, but something else as well, hiding within the deepest recesses of his blood-pumping organ. Was that… Light?

The blinding white burst out of his chest and enveloped the shadows within the blink of an eye, washing off shadow, doubt and pain alike in an unstoppable tidal wave until there was not shape nor color left besides his own self. The gaping hole in his chest was no more, the noise and the pressure had faded. The words and their message, however, remained. They ate away at his soul, bit by bit, insecurity by insecurity, intent on stopping only once there was nothing left.

Shirou, thy hath cowered from the voice of thine heart for far too long. The time has come to embrace it and rise up to the challenge.”

The voice came from everywhere, imposing and firm, yet wise and warm. Shirou replied:

“Who… Who are you?”

From within the endless white of the realm, a form began to take shape, partially obscured by the bright beams of light that surrounded it. Outstretched from it came a gauntlet, twice the size any human would wear and fashioned from the purest silver. It laid open before him with a welcoming palm.

“I am thou, and thou art I. I represent the righteous drive that never left thine heart. Thy shalt know my purpose, my form, my name. Call for me!”

Shirou reached out for the hand, stopping mere inches in front of it in prolonged hesitation. A deep breath. A leap of faith. A will to change. The young man’s expression finally shifted from a meek blank to a fierce, determined gaze as he placed his palm upon the gauntlet’s, letting its metal fingers firmly envelop it in a handshake heavy with promises. From the breast of his own self, the answer rung loud and clear:

“King Arthur, draw our blade!”

The Apparment

Everything blurred within her mind. The world around her faded away and back again through thick, black layers of fog. A final image of glowing golden eyes remained in the last of her vision before the shifting world, and streets of Kayatomi disappeared, and what could charitably be called consciousness was returned to her. She swallowed another dose of nectar, as the world around her took its shape.

Was this home? But it was so far from Kayatomi, and from the orphanage where e͕̍v̢̹̒͛e̬̍r̢̞̀̕yt̹͝h̙̭̾̌i̞̒ng͙͍̅͂ ̩̱͂͒w̗͋a̠̯̋͛ș̏̆ͅ ̼̆͗͟u̲͔͑̒nf̠̉à̬mĭ̘l̝̒ḭ͗a̧͚̽͡r̹͒͞ͅ. This place, dark, and dingy, everything was coated in a layer of dust, she knew every inch of it. Why had she let it go so long without cleaning?

Hadn’t Meika been right beside her the whole time too? Where had she gone off to? She was hardly ever home, it seemed. Maybe she was still off with those boys. An empty haze filled in the spots where concern would normally sprout. The sugary-sweet giggling built up and flowed over her. The Euphoria masked everything, even as the hairs on the back of neck stood up. Trying to think back to how she got here led her mind to a chasm, points of plateaus somewhere in the distance obscured by rosy mist. Oh well, the Euphoria decided for her. She swam in that same heady fog if she even tried to think about Meika or her other classmates. They must all be fine, just like she was right now. She was fine…, right?

There was nothing there. The whole apartment was almost empty. She tried the front door and found it stuck, and no amount of force could force it open. Instead, she turned to investigate elsewhere, investigate her own home?, she found that path too was closed to her; the threshold of the hallway leading to hers and her parents’ rooms was blocked by a wall that she couldn’t remember ever being there. Her eyes then fell to something shining in her peripheral. Set up alongside a modest altar was a small photograph: ornate, gleaming, pristine. Her fingertips gingerly brushed the frame, and she tasted nectar again each time her mind tried to read past Meika’s face. She was so gaunt and pallid, but this was still one of the better photos, one of the few they had of her outside the hospital, not attached to all those machines.

The Mother

A stirring behind her drew her attention, and her heart near burst out of her chest. The stench of alcohol rose in wafts from the woman at the table. Her d̡͔͕̘̹̱͎̰͉̻̽̾̽̇̄̑́̚͡͠ŗ̩̣̲͓̩̂̐̑̾̓͊ù̘ņ̛͚͉͍̼̹̬͓̫͖̪͓̦͂̑̎̽̈́̄͊͌͌͂̔́͘̕͢͟͞ͅk̨̨̛̗͍̝̠̜̼̲͈̭͖͔͎̓̈͑̂͆̽͗͊́͂̌̚͝ę̛̹̭̙͇̖̹͓̀̋͌̍̀͊͆̋́͢ͅn̩͠ b̨̧͍̼͓̰̻̅̇͆́̀̎̆ĭ̜̩̲̮͗̕͡ţ̛͍͓̰̯̘̲̝̮̤̹͕̜̞̓̅̑̎̄͋̾͊̈̏͛̎̉͘͟͢͝c̮̩̼̹̻̙͚͓̠͆̍̈̔̋̀̅̆̕͜͞h͍̭̺̫̊̾̐̑ of a mother, the woman who raised her, it was because of her mother and father that she could be the broken mess person she was today. Yuzuki loved her mother. She loved her so much i̢̻͇̅̓̀ţ̰̼̩̘̖̮̳̘̲͂̈͐̉̈̀̍͐̔͊ m̧̨̨͓̼̫̰͇̝̹̭͙̺̼͓͉̿̀́̐̔̀̓͂̉́̏͛͛͋̀͟͞͠a̧͍̻̟̤̘͕̼͓̔͐̃̊̊̄̚͘͡de̢̧̡̻̬̻̬̜̬̱̱̓̎́̌̾̎̂̔̐̈́̕͟͞ h̡̧̢̢͇̬͕̹͕͉̩̺̙͎̻̞̏͗́̇́̽̑̒̌͛̈͋̎͂̾̆̾̑͢͟e̡̧̛͓̙͔̳̪͙͆̇͊͂͊̅̂r̢͎̺̪̦̙̤̖̮̐̋̂̍͑͌́̕͝ ẘ̡̡͔̼̹̪͇͈̤̞͎̟͍̃̊̄́̑̀͊̏̽̎̔͊͟͟͡͝a̻͇̍̍n̢̡̮̼̱͇̟̹̎͌͂̆̅͆̓͡ẗ̨̟̖͕̼̦̞̫͍͖͛̄̈́͛̔͗̿͞͞ t͈̻͉͉͇̮̤̼̲͔̭͍͖̱̤̟͖̎̄̏̽̆̈͆́̔̋̇͗̀̑̚͘͠o̧͙̙̤̯͎̪͕̖͚̮̝͖͚͙̎̿͒̉͋̅́̐̿͊͒̉̑̍̓͛͗ͅͅ p̧̢͇͎͉͔͔̭͎̬̀̓̇̎̅̏͆͘͞͠u̝̼̰͛̿͗̚͟ķ̩̹̣̖̹͓̳͚̯͔̭̯̺̲̦̋̀͑̆̓̅̋̓̉́̈́̒͛͒̅̚̕͜͜͝e͖̻̟̦̯̖̰̼̠̲̣͓̬̟͍̐͗̅͗̒̀̃̎́̂̃̾́̄̍͗͢.̢̢̢̤̤̱͕̱̦̞̮͔̳͍̲͓̭̒̍̂̔͛́͗̍̌̓͆̓̏́́̏͋͘͟͟͠ As she approached the table, there was nothing more in the world that she wanted to do than run away. Her whole body shuddered, as her mother looked up at her from an empty glass.

“Yuzuki?” her mother slurred, pulling her face off the table, “What are you doing just standing around? Don’t you have anything you could be doing?” She swirled the dregs of alcohol in her glass, and, without even turning her eyes, “Get me another beer, if you’re just going to stand around being useless otherwise.”

Yuzuki hopped to it, smiling as she retrieved the can from the fridge. When she set the can down, she couldn’t resist the urge that came to her in the Euphoric rush, and she immediately embraced her mother, giggling at the closeness and warmth. But her mother just shoved her away.

“Not now,” she snapped, “why are you such a needy brat?”

That’s how it always was, wasn’t it, how it had always been? It was always ‘not now’ or ‘later’, but ‘later’ and ‘now’ almost never came, did they? Yuzuki backed away, but she still kept on smiling. It was okay; she could wait a little longer.

Her mother emptied the can into the cup, and returned to drinking.

“Your grades have been slipping again.”

Yuzuki would do better next time.

“I don’t understand how this keeps happening when they teach you these things in school.”

Yuzuki would work harder next time.

“What even goes on in that head of yours?”

Yuzuki would be smarter next time.

“Are you even listening to me?”

Even if it meant breaking herself in two for a woman who could never be satisfied.

“Of course!” her voice cracked, but she laughed again, “I love you, mom.” Her stomach nearly purged itself then and there. But she couldn’t keep the joy and expectations off her face.

Her mother, of course, gave her ņ̫̟̰̖̹̫̖͉́̆͗͛͐͛̅͢͝͝͡ơ̡̯̜̬̜̋̄́̈́̀̄͟͟ţ̞͗͌h̢̢̘̺̯̣̙̬̺͗̓̄̓͑̋͒̍̐͐̆͟͜i̗͕͉̒͒̒͘͢͡ͅň̡̠͎̮͓͕̺̈̚͘̚͘̚g̛͕͕̱̜͙̟̪̣̪͎̪̔̐̀͒̎̃̅̔̈́̕ in return more than a sideways look. Instead, she just kept drinking. She drank half the glass, and Yuzuki was ready to get her more, when she noticed the paper on the table. Her mother grabbed it, turning it over. Her narrowed gaze flicked from the paper to Yuzuki. As if she were somehow only now noticing the faded bruises, her eyes stopped.

“Yuzuki,” she growled, “what did you do now?”

“hm?” Yuzuki tipped her head, trying to remember. It must have been something important, if the school sent home a letter about it. It had to be important, if her mother was questioning her about it. But trying to think about it led her through that same blurry miasma. The roar of an ancient elevator, the crunching of a van, the screeching of a police siren, everything fell to pieces beneath the oozing honey under her tongue. She caught her mother’s eyes as she was thinking and started giggling again.

“Are…, are you on drugs?” she rose from her seat, standing tall and looking down her nose at her daughter, “first you start getting in fights, and now you come home high?! What’s wrong with you?”

Yuzuki didn’t know. There were probably a lot of things wrong with her. But she didn’t react to her mother’s questions. She didn’t react to her shouting.

She didn’t react to her throwing her glass at her head.

She still felt it. She still stumbled back from impact. But even as blood mixed with beer trailed down her face and stung her eyes, she didn’t react. She couldn’t react. Even though she should have r͇͡eá̻c͍̚t̺̆ed͕̆ s͖͐he ̖̅s̜̕h͕̲̽̏o̻̔u͍͐ld̛͚͔̐ ̢̌h̖̃av͉̓e ͓̊r̮̿eac̘̋̀ͅt̪͘ed̛͚ ̳͐s̬̲̈́͢͡͡h̡̨̨̊͗̌e ̹͊s̢͍̆̔h͙̤͎͆́̏ŏ̦u͍͍̍̏̄ͅl̼̲͚̾͆̄d̬̍͘͢͜͡ ̡̖̬͚̈̑̓̕h͉͔̃͐a͔̺̾͗͐̚͢ͅv̢̱͓͗̒̾e ̘͇̱́̀͘r̪͕͍̋̾̀eac̣̦̥̘̉̌͋͡ṫ̩͍͋͛͢e͓̽̇͜d̗͂ ̛͇͍̩̏̃ș̼̼̣͎̑̄̑̇̈́h̛̲͆͟e ̨͛ş̲̇̄h̻̱̺͗͛͠o̗̲͂̈ủ͜ĺ̡̠͔̜̃́̃d̳̖͛̽ ̧̂h͉̥̎̽̿͟a̪̝̲̣̠̹͛̽͛̄́͠v̤̠̺͌͂͒e͎̓ ̟̗͈̫͊͌̌̒ṙ̡̧̥̯̓̽͝e̘͌̎͜a͔͈̍͝c̛̝̬͚̦͋͒͛t̨̹͇̖͉̼̍̌̉̿̃͂ē̠̳̲̝̻͕̟̈̿̆͌͞͞d̨̛̥̙̞̗̟͉̄̑̃͆̂͘ s̯̤̤̀́̾̀͜h̾͟e̡̟̎͒ ̟͡s̡̆ẖ̱̒͠o̡̟̤̫̳͌́͋̅͊͒͜͟͞u̳̻͙̔̆͝l͙̪̭͉̂̊͒͌̍̾͢͟d̤͓̭͖͐̈͐̾ ̙̝̺͈̙͔́̽̊̊̕͞ḩ͍̮̞͙͔̈̀̾͒̈͡a̘͌̀͢v̢͉̠̠͉̮̖̦̈̽͊͌̄̾͆̄ë̛͈͉ ̳͙̒̌r̫̱̻̭͉̓͌̽̿͘͠ͅe̢͙̞̘͓̮̞͍͗̓͆̈̐͌͞͠a̞̽c̒ͅt͔͓̘̱͔̂̿̓̉̊̈́ͅę͕̥͋͒͠d̨̨͕̙͉͈̲͚̉́͆̋͒̾̀̓̄͢ ̖̙̜̯̖͛̂̃̍̊ş̰̼͈̳͖̅̐̔̆͞͝h̟͖̥̥͉͗͋̃̓̓͘͠ͅͅȩ̛̙́̆̕͝ͅͅͅ ̧̧͚̟͙͓̻͍͚̆͆͗͆̄̄̕͝͠s̢̡̫̺̲̮͎̝̽̾̏͗̅͐͗͘͟͠h͉̣͈̹̐̀͘͘ó͉̱̀ủ̢̺͑l̡̡̮̣͙͈͖̺͕͌͑́̈́̿̔́͘͟͞͝d̳̦̬̻̦̻͆̿̿͂̚͞͡ͅ ̡̗̲̭̲͈̓͊̃̊͒̕͢͢͝͞h̢̰̬̱͉̣̯̝̹̤̾̀̏̒̉̊̋͛̇͡a̢̧̠͉̮̼̬̔̄͐̎͑̋͡v͙̱͋̓e̛̺̻̠͙̒̋̽ ͇͇̜̮̓̉́͘r̯͇͖͚̖̖̅͒͑̍͊̉͜͝ẹ̦̬̄̎̃a̞͖̙͙͌͛̔̂̈́̐͟͝ͅͅc̘͍̱͔̈́́͐̾͑ͅt̠̝͊̑ẻ̦d̩̺͛̕.͓͇̯͍̯̬̼̼́̎̌̇̆̈́͒̍

Why didn't she react?

Something deep within her stirred, no matter how intense the syrup became. They mixed together so strongly she nearly tumbled over from the dizziness. When the next blow came, it sent her sprawling to the floor. Another set of bruises. And more and more came further.

“I wish I’d never had you.” her mother spat, raging down at Yuzuki’s curled up form. Yuzuki tried to rise, to pull herself away, but her mother was on her in an instant, pinning her to the ground, ignoring any whimpering or pleas. “You’ve been nothing but a burden to me since the day I brought you home.” She slammed a fist into Yuzuki’s back.

“You and that lump should have never been born!”

The Awakening

It pulsed again. The power surged forward, and she was able to push her mother away. She tried to scramble back, but the pounding in her head forced her to the ground.

Have I finally gotten through to you? You certainly made it more of a hassle than it needed to be.

Yuzuki winced with pain, writhing on the floor gasping for air.

Do you want to die like this? Chained to a past that’s long since over. You have the choice before you: swim or drown.

The pressure built within her, and she pushed herself to her knees.

Burn down everything behind you, and we’ll see what new growth awaits.

Yuzuki nodded, even as the pressure grew. With stumbling motions, and shaking hands, her nails found her arms. She dug in, biting back her screams. She clawed deep into her own flesh, blood staining everything, until she found her veins and wrenched them into open air.

A torrent of inferno swelled around her.

I art thou, thou art I

This journey of yours

However long it may be

I will guard you

From the sea of your soul

I will answer your cries

As consciousness faded, she heard the name: Odile.

Last edited:
Toro

36034457_230055144270423_1732583918806237184_n-1-1.jpg
Gold blades turned to sparks on impact with a burst, riding the air like savanna sand in the wind. Falling to skin the warmth of fading embers was rather pleasant for all but Jun, a man cursed to roll nat-zeroes in the first round. Caught by errant shards his side blotched red and avenging was a tall-task against Avian's thick steel plate. Had the crew better gear the job would be easy-peezy but together they pooled one knife to fight the claymore swinging ranged tank. Their disadvantage was deep and the shadow's glare shot out "An easy fight you said huh? You still winning this even when I have the edge?"

Arrogant to death, Toro's position didn't move an inch. Avian could spam all day but mob strength would take the win when dust settled. Wolfpacking the crew would frenzy like piranha in close quarters where lumbering builds hindered, sending Birdman down the canal in a bundle. On paper the plan aced but hurdles still existed, Toro didn't know his moveset and Ichikawa was combat-lame in the field. Rocking theater wear he couldn't fight cold symptoms and his attitude made him a careless passenger; mid-battle he was cleaning under his nails with a pick! The pair's success lay on the one half that half-cared, but would Toro's moveset bring any combat value?

Crossing heart the kid masked anxiety and hoped for the best, shouting — "Hey! Stop cleaning your nails and focus up! What can you do anyway huh? You gonna sing it to death or uh... do you give abilities or something?" raising Ichi's look from manicure to haiku,

"Twin spells you hold boy
A play of fate across all
And warrior's armor"
Toro's face instantly warped a spiteful mess. His first spell was a stupid gag routine which was so fitting for the dumb persona. Instead of fireballs or guns he had "A play? Is this some kind of prank? I get a fuckin play as a power? Which one is it; do I dress up like a princess? I'll take the armor I guess but how do I get a play when I could have — abruptly cut off with a blurting "what the?" at tingling cold and the electric hum of Ethereal Armor encasing his body.

unknown-5.png
(minus out the swords they're missing)
Ethereal Armor — the name echoed with essence known through activation. After drama-power it was a great second and Toro basked in the effortless cool his first skill lacked. Allowing free movement the suit combined agile dexterity with defense making a masterwork of efficient tanking. Even more overpowered the next feature was an orange Tron aesthetic echoing vaporwave 80s neon styling. Our malcontent couldn't whinge but there was one raw catch; the set was missing a "Sword? I need a sword man? Where's the one from before?" asked Ichi's way expecting a haiku but none came. Instead the Kabuki coy-shrugged between nail scrapes and plopped to the ground criss cross applesauce; the fuckin' spectator!

Grumbling murder Toro fished his knife and switching blade he swapped eyes to Avian's sword joking — "You verse the guy she said not to worry about" stark laughing because his tiny weapon was useless. Cloaked in spirit armor the knife had extra length but it was still trash against the absurd claymore; her lone utility was inside the clinch. He'd have to blitz with twin evasions through range and melee just to scout for weak spots up close for critical hits — easy enough right? Hell no but not impossible with help, and seeking allies he'd rally cry,

"We have to rush this guy together! My persona's trash but with five bodies we can jump him" nodding to Avian with a smile. Continuing after a pause he'd scratch his chin pondering "I don't know how strong my armor is but I'll go first to draw his fire. I might be able to take his attacks even if I can't dodge them? Well I hope so anyway — if I can get close I'll find a soft spot, but before he starts again I'm gettin a jump on it!" with a fist to palm flaunting idiotic confidence. Letting the message rest Toro popped from Ron's huddle after a second, and analyzing distance he'd shoot forward like a phoenix challenging Avian's position. Eyes dilating the boy hunted signs of movement to make adjustments on the rush, and beneath his armor a normally calm heart spurred furious with excited fear.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Last edited:
Kaida Fuyoku
Interactions: -

Once Kaida reached the top of the stairs, she had lost the girl. Poof, gone. The only logical conclusion she could jump to was that she had gone into one of the classrooms, or went up another floor. The only thing left for Kaida to do was to follow blindly in the direction she went. She ventured down the hallway, peering into pairs or groups of students who stood chatting. Maybe they saw her passing by. They had to, right? She could ask if they saw the girl in the stupid-looking uniform. But none of the students paid attention to her downstairs, so why would the students up here pay any attention to who was walking by them? Guess Kaida was on her own then in this search. No different from usual.

Kaida returned to her first theory, that the girl could have disappeared in one of the classrooms. She watched a student pull open the door to one, and a fleeting glance inside brought up no middle school uniforms. “Where did you go…?~” Kaida whined to herself, before she sighed, moving onto the next classroom. She opened up the door, leaned in through the doorway for another search. Still nothing. She pulled herself away after confusion struck the expressions of students inside and closed the door again. She went to step away and repeat the same motions as before.

"It's you, Eiichi. It's you that brings out the worst in me."

The arch of Kaida’s foot was halfway from completing a full step when she slowed. The distorted ripples of distant words rushed to and by her in an instant, and yet, they lingered behind her. She vaguely recalled it as the same voice she had mistaken for Soleil’s earlier. She paused, straining to hear anything more.

"Maybe if you didn’t fuck up then I wouldn’t have to teach you this lesson!”

There it was again. That whisper. No, that yell. Kaida’s eyes locked onto the door across from her. Did it come from in there? It sounded too distant to be coming from inside the classroom, but she felt a pull to it. An instinct that screamed at her to investigate. She walked across to the classroom, standing in front of the door. The faint voice shouldn't have bothered her, and yet, it made her hand draw closer to the door. Despite the sweet tasting ambrosia pooling under her tongue again, she focused on seizing the door's handle and pulling it open.

Kaida expected to see a normal classroom, with its uniformed desks set out in rows, the teacher's front desk, the boards front and back, just about everything that was in a normal classroom. But somehow, they had changed the layout here. No, its entire structure. Kaida now stared down a hallway with egg yolked wallpaper and a carpet whose colour had long since dulled. It felt familiar here. It should have been comforting.So why did dread’s deft fingers start to wrap around her throat? Perhaps this led to another classroom! Bullshit, was that what she was going to delude herself with? Rather than retreat back into the school’s hallway, she stepped through the door, shutting it behind her. She stood at the entrance, her eyes moving along the walls as she delved further into the hall. They didn’t register much. One or two dull paintings, hooks that held what may as well have been a wardrobe of coats. Then, her eyes fixed themselves upon a set of photographs at the end of the hall, and approaching them, she stopped and looked at them.

One photograph poked out at her amongst the rest. Kaida blinked before she giggled, and tapped at her face, shielded by the glass. That was her. She looked so young, five, or six maybe, so silly with those pigtails, so much happier. The photographhad been taken in some park in Tokyo, the name had eluded Kaida, but she remembered vaguely having a picnic there. Her father stood in the photograph, much younger, much happier, having hoisted Kaida on his back. Her eyes naturally gravitated to the right, focusing on the woman beside them, around the same age as her father. Ayama. Her mother. Kaida stared at the photograph, the faces of her much younger parents and her own youthful and exuberant expression sending her brain ticking over. Did they hang this photo up at home?. No, not with her face mocking them once they had gotten away from it.

Tokyo. Her house back in Tokyo! It made sense but it didn't. She looked around the hall again, taking in every detail of the hall. Unchanged as if everything had remained and hadn’t been packed up. Kaida giggled, a horrible pleasant surprise. She must have walked all the way back home again. Her head hurt. None of this made sense. She could feel that sweetness brushing under her tongue again. But if she was back in Tokyo, maybe her dad came back with her! The both of them, back home again. She couldn't help but wonder if--

"Useless, Eiichi, that's what you are. So goddamn useless!"

The voice from before lingered much closer now. In this very house. Words were starting to filter in pass the blurred, white noise that had once kept them out. Those spiteful words and horrid insults. She recognised the voice. The viciousness of it. That was Mom's voice. That was impossible. Wasn't she...? More ambrosia. But Kaida couldn't help but feel her legs grow stiff. Her body started to tremble as she recognised what those words and that voice and that horrid woman could do, and yet, she found herself following the yelling.

Kaida floated between sobriety and an eagerness to cling onto the last remnants of the sweet ambrosia she had tasted. She moved forward, whether she felt eager to or not. The layout of her house was much the same as she exited the hallway. The kitchen was through a door, just up ahead, and the stairs were to her right, but where she found herself gravitating to was the living room on her left. Her voice[/font] was clearer, closer, toloud, too loud, and heard alongside another voice. Weak and pleadingoverruled by the former. Kaida forced herself over to the door, and halted. No matter how much the sweetness attempted to drown her in pleasant thoughts, those awful, negative emotions seized her with their claws instead. When her eyes locked onto the scene before her, realisation jabbed at her, and one feeling became painfully prevalent.

Fear.

Like the hallway, not a single detail was out of place when it came to her mother. Dark shoulder-length hair, her work blouse, her stature, all exactly as Kaida remembered it. She watched Ayama gesturing with her car keys, harsh metal clanking together. Eiichi stood across from her, maintaining a distance. Yet, he still reached his hands out to reason with her. It never worked, and yet, he always tried it anyway. And then there was...her. Her. The middle schooler she had been chasing after! After a better look at it, Kaida grimaced. Goddamnit, the uniform, that was her middle school uniform! And the blue hair, and her height, and her stature, all...Kaida.

As if sensing her presence there, the other ‘Kaida’ turned, forcing the two to connect gazes. “Oh, good. I thought you got lost.”

Kaida stayed rooted to the spot. Her heart's pace quickened and a heat rose unbearably at the back of her neck. It was a feeling she was used to, that sudden rush she felt, but those golden pools that threatening to spill over kept her transfixed.

“I figured Mommy’s shouting would have helped you find your way here.” The girl smirked, awaiting an answer but only met with a muteness, and Kaida’s terrified eyes moving toward the scowl on her mother’s face. She tutted and grabbed Kaida’s arm to drag her into the room.

The adrenaline kicked in. Kaida listened to her body telling her to sink her fist into her jaw. Or was it to run? She could only protest with her voice anyway. “Let go of me!!” Her yells refused to be acknowledged by ‘Kaida’ and she was dragged into the room without an ounce of effort from her double. Once she was made to stand beside her, where the Shadow returned to her original position, she opened her mouth, no doubt to pour out further protests and obscenities. She felt a finger press against her lips, silencing her before she could even do so. The girl slipped her finger from her lips, and turned back to the parents caught in the same, never-ending cycle.

"Ayama, please," Eiichi's weary voice broke through, bringing Kaida’s full attention back on the emerging scene. Even with his tall stature, he always shrunk and wilted around her mother. Because he knew, and Kaida knew, that she always had a plethora of words in her arsenal to use against him. She knew just what to say, how to hurt him the most. "I-I know I didn’t tell you I’d be home late, I-I didn’t even think work would keep me back again. I promise I-I’ll be better at letting you know…you don't need to leave over something like this..."

“That’s the third time this month,” Ayama seethed, one key poised at him. “Didn’t I warn you about this the last time? And didn’t you make those same sorry excuses?” Ayama scoffed, and folded her arms. “You don’t realise how pathetic you sound right now.”

The words that came tumbling out of her vile mouth was met with a silence. Kaida watched the words leave their mark, the hurt beginning to etch itself into her father’s expression, turning his face away to hide it. But Kaida could still see it. She knew what it looked like, because she had watched it form on his face too many times. He didn’t even get a chance to think of something to say back before Ayama went straight in for the offensive.

"Nothing to say like always, because you know I’m right.”

The girl beside Kaida watched her father’s state begin to crack, threaten to crumble like sand through Ayama’s fingers, before she looked to Kaida. “He is pretty pathetic, don’t you think?”

Kaida's head jerked to her, betrayed by her own expression by the terror that had bubbled to the surface the moment she passed comment. Because she knew it was true, that it was--No, no…it wasn’t true…she tried to mould some sort of scowl in her own defence. “What the fuck did you just say?”

“Oh, so you’ll play the hard-ass with yourself too. I understand,” her Shadow’s gaze returned to her parents as Kaida flinching at the sight of her mother having edged closer to her father. “I mean, just look at him,” the girl gestured to him, wilting under Ayama’s gaze, a cat pinning down a mouse. “Who would want to admit that their Daddy’s so broken and miserable? Mommy really fucked him up. Now, you have to watch him take that medication and deal with all those panic attacks. You’re no different from everyone else. You pity him. You’d hate to be like him. All broken and fucked up and so vulnerable.”

“You’re wrong,” Kaida growled, or at least, attempted her best one through quivering lips. “I don’t think…!”

“What kind of father does that make you, Eiichi? Acting so pitiful doesn’t set a good example for our daughter at all." Ayama gestured to the middle-school clad ‘Kaida’. She flinched, and she averted her gaze to her shoes, reconstructing every action Kaida made that night. Even if Kaida hadn’t been gestured to, it was enough to make her flinch too and want to step away. Ayama’s hand closed over her keys, and she looked to the Shadow. “Kaida, go pack up your things. We’re leaving.” Her eyes moved back Eiichi, whose expression betrayed him, revealing devastation and desperation all at once. “What did you expect? You thought I was going to leave her here, with you?”

It was then that the other ‘Kaida’ spoke up, the first, Kaida had realised, that was to her mother. Despite how cruel she had sounded to her, trembles leaked out of her mouth. “M-Mom, I-I don’t understand…D-Dad told you he didn’t mean to get home so late…” But her voice trailed off when her mother’s gaze turned back to her. She knew to stop running her mouth when she was ahead.

"I'll explain once you've packed your things, and we're in the car,” Ayama explained to her, gesturing to the door in a bid to get her moving again.

The Shadow never moved, and instead, turned back to Kaida, any trace of fear lurking in her expression wiped clean. She couldn’t help but let a smirk play on her expression as she leaned in close towards Kaida as she instinctively leaned back. “Did I do it right? Yeah, that’s how vulnerable you were. That’s how vulnerable you feel right now, isn’t it? Oh,” she pouted, “imagine if Daddy knew how hurt you still were by all of this. How weak you really are. And imagine if other people knew that! They’d pity you too. And then, once they learned how vulnerable you really were? They’d hurt you. They’d know just where to strike, and then you’re just no different from Daddy in the end.”

Thumbs tucked away. Fists clenched. She could knock her…no, whoever it was, flat if she really wanted to. Yet, she could only stand there trembling, not with rage but with fear as the Shadow kept hurling these truths to her. She opened her mouth, and Kaida learned her voice wasn’t strong enough, wasn’t loud or aggressive enough to carry any force to her words. “Y…you’re talking bullshit.”

“No, you’re walking bullshit, Kaida,” the Shadow sneered back, “the boxing, the aggression, even your fucking hair. You’ve done everything to make yourself seem tougher, feel tougher, sound tougher.”

“Ayama,” Eiichi's voice tried to cut through again, though it was losing its strength, and Kaida's chest twisted at the horrible sound. “I-I'll do anything to keep her here. T-the both of you here…I can do better, be better, I promise...”

“And you’ve gotten too comfortable with that,” the Shadow pressed a finger into her chest, an action that Kaida normally would have her assailant regret but only stumbled backwards. “Play up the delinquency so people stay away. So they can’t hurt you anymore than you already are, make you feel powerless.”

“Do better?” Ayama’s harsh laugh sounded over the Shadow’s before her words ripped into her again. “A goddamn dog could do better than you, Eiichi. At least they can learn and do simple things. You can’t even do something as simple as text your own wife when you’re gonna be home late.”

Words, words, too many words. Kaida’s stomach knotted tightly, its contents crashing and battering against its walls. The tracks left behind on her cheeks stung. Her mother’s voice and her words were screeches in her mind, an unbearable cacophony of high frequency. Her head hurt. She hurt. And now her tongue, restrained in her mouth burned so feverishly, the heat unbearable.

“And it’s all because of her,” ‘Kaida’ turned her head towards Ayama. “She’s made you so afraid. You don’t want to admit she fucked you up just as much,” she looked back to Kaida, who trembled. She took a clenched fist and opened it, crescent arcs indented in her palm. She placed a pair of scissors in it.

The scissors…with the blue handle. She was using them for a school project she was working on before the shouting started. The two locked eyes. “So, will you submit to fear forever?”

Ayama turned back to ‘Kaida’, unable to stop herself from snapping, “Why are you still standing there? I told you to go pack—”

Shut up!” Kaida screamed, her tongue unable to restrain itself. She felt her lips press together upon the gazes of both her parents upon her. Her Shadow seemed no longer a concern. Ayama let surprise flash across her expression in the briefest moment before her gaze darkened. Kaida felt she wanted to wilt like her father, but she refused as her burning tongue launched defiance. “You’ve said enough. If your words were blades, you’d be caked in his blood. And it still wouldn’t be enough for him! You’d hack at him with words until there was nothing left. And I've let you do it…” She wept, but she kept going, despite that glare blurring and distorting through her tears. “Because I was so afraid of those words, and I still am, and I’m waiting for someone to do the same and tear me apart. So, I keep them all away, with the same words you've used…” Her tongue was now scalding, crying for relief.

MY DEAR.
DO NOT STOP THERE.
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO.

A voice, so different from her own, belonging to a lady and not a brute, rung in her ears. Yet, deep inside her, Kaida knew it was hers. She looked to the scissors in her hand, readied them. “No more. This ends now.” She told herself, raising them to the tongue that pushed out from the confines of her lips, seeking cool relief.

Coolness sliced into the furnace of her tongue. Pained screams managed to blast out from her mouth, only for them to turn to pitiful moans. A metallic tasting tide pool swished in her mouth and she fought back the urge to bring up what lay dormant in her stomach. Her eyes burned with the tears that couldn’t drop fast enough. Her fingers gripped onto the scissors, willing herself to continue. She wasn’t done. It wasn’t complete.

THE INSURMOUNTABLE SORROW
THE AGONY IN WHICH YOU FOUND RESPITE
ONLY IN YOUR BRUTISH NATURE
MUST NOW BE UTILISED
AND RAISED TO A HIGHER PURPOSE.

The words echoed, gave strength to her faltering fingers, made her pained groans louder to bear the sting on her searing tongue. Her mouth filled, overflowed, her mouth and chin a crimson waterfall.

I AM THOU, AND THOU ART I.
CHANNEL THE SORROW AND FEAR
THAT HAVE MADE BARBED WORDS YOUR SHIELD
AND FORGE THEM INTO YOUR GREATEST WEAPON!

She dropped to her knees, her groans rising to a triumphant scream as she made the final squeeze, before her tongue fell into her hand. A vortex of light streamed from around and above her. She dropped her tool, on all fours, panting, liquid still trickling from her mouth.

With the blood still fresh on her fingers, Kaida reached to the floor, her fingers tracing along the surface. They painted letters she vaguely recognised, letters she abhorred seeing when she was forced to study them and put them together. She felt no such abhorrence in tracing these ones. Once she finished, she struck a line under them, a satisfied smile encompassed her lips.

S H E L L E Y

Last edited:
Team: CapRock CapRock Shirou, Midrick Midrick Jordan, Jeef_jones Jeef_jones Alex

latest
As the three young men woke from their falsified slumber, they would tragically get little in the way of reprieve. From beyond the mossy doorway, they could hear mournful howling that drew closer with the passing seconds until the shambling humanoid passed in front of their cell. With a hunter's precision, any movement or noise drew its golden eyes to the boys. Its near-skeletal figure was completely entangled in red string that dug into its throat and wrists, and its face showed signs of cyanosis. As it tried in vain to approach the boys, it let out a hoarse, gargling moan. It tried to reach out to them, hands covered in bruises.

"p-please..."

But before it could take another shambling step towards them, the threads contracted, and it shattered, collapsing to the stone into pool of black ooze. Slowly the puddle reformed itself into a reptilian shape. With a dragons neck and head for a tail, the turtle-like creature pulled itself towards the group before immediately defending itself by retreating its turtle head and limbs within its shell. The dragon, however, took a different approach; it turned its eyes from boy to boy before focusing its hardened gaze on Alex. With a hiss, it breathed out a jet-stream of ice aimed directly at the blond.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back