• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Haz.

Mask? I wear no mask.
Note: Although this roleplay is set in the universe of the Persona series, it isn't exclusive to Persona fans; we’d love to receive veterans of the franchise and newcomers alike. As long as you can dedicate yourself to writing fun and compelling characters, this is the place for you. Any supernatural concepts that are unfamiliar to you will be established and explained, both in-roleplay and in the lore thread which will totally exist. Soon™. For the time being, all the supplementary info is stored on the Discord server.

Welcome to Kayatomi! Located dead-center in the thick of the Sea of Japan, this modest-sized island town never fails to impress visitors and residents alike with its quaint, country charm. In this guide, we’ll present to you some of Kayatomi’s must-see locations and how to make the most out of your time here.

e64sE8-yVZX6kNVo9eVsTuWNNBUSqLhClPVONNcXNprPznC7PCNKSgycG_SyLQ0-6dSQcoFpmZ-zolf6-wnl1JTlhC0fpaR4ZV6nYYSCaSdCdGFQL02SNfrwFq3UCKUCV-mrbXrU

There’s no better place to start than Kayatomi’s public park, located right at the heart of our bustling downtown area. The peaceful walkways are perfect for a leisurely stroll or a power jog, especially with all the gym equipment every few hundred meters. Spring is the absolute high point here, where the sakura season turns the already-picturesque view of the lake into an utter breath-taker.

UqUhuI9eOSeJ3oTl5_XNlDlhBZWa66D9UdsfqxnOZQfkMB9IBWVj9XGmsSwEY4MA0GTT41giUB-AEXhtk4Xo2aLOYdCLo9qpZBHh7Hp3mBKRsqcrbcHmAjN4ImEWMasyPMDDZuBT

Nageku High may not be what first comes to mind at the thought of a tourist hot-spot, but it’s definitely worth a pass to get to know one of the town’s biggest prides, with decades of solid academic achievements, a record-low delinquency rate, and a warm yet diligent staff. If you’re bringing your kids along, the school offers tours during its working hours; it’s said to be so good they won’t want to study anywhere else after it!

6mCJv88M6dpIg7YNXwmsbjSizA5QhjTz0g84gcm_YsdXG_-Dhi59bgaDCEsj5DPfPNuP641zIpV3nzQ5DbJGXd439a8KdPVKhQkuR64LrA1VmL2VNT22epbDBDnJUycklhYVJ9qi

If you’re seeking a more adult form of entertainment, then you can find Kayatomi’s Red Light District just at the edge of downtown. It’s a part of the town that only truly comes alive at night, thrilling and restless like youth itself. Make sure you don’t miss the Odyssey, the town’s local jazz bar which never fails to gather a crowd during weekends. The bar’s stunning singer, Calypso, and her silk-smooth voice are no doubt to blame for that.

8_jSCvK-qYn-CFfXgy-K-bdjqdBQthEWw8kTpH1B3XqKty7vxPzPSnWuDYnt0Gc9lvZu58nb0b4kT1ZtQxGVrXXpP94rZj65mCGcTpp6tFtAABnR9RqJw4UDFaLoXnvicbCOdBEr

Over at the uptown region and closer to the docks at the coast, the first location worth paying attention to is the town’s shrine. It’s located atop Kayatomi’s gorgeous mountainside, the very air around it exuding a serene and inspiring aura. If you happen to come by during a new moon, it’s recommended to book some tickets to watch the monthly Kabuki Dance festivals, which are nothing short of an unforgettable experience.

Xi7yQT78uf6Bo49stapGqszzzn0_SCcpFlhDg-PNmgSv3HjSZ3PmiOAhzFgfjrW96_nGW-wi6sl6ygu7qblYXf867HNHOjf6XI-iAtAmSW9g_ZWz1nnJIHznNFNIhnMOQuNLGBOR

Also residing in the uptown is Kayatomi’s market fair, an expansive outdoor walk where you can find exquisite seafood restaurants, locally-produced decoration and trinkets to bring back from your trip to your friends. There’s a bit of everything here, from Mr. and Mrs. Kobiyama’s ancient family market to the brand new and shining Kayatomi Mall complete with a cinema plaza and an internationally-oriented food court.

iQ7PE3rsrF1_LMZITHPrNuUWDTEJqiZ6sFRf_4u1LeqWvcRBB2tIay4TGoWv9EhUmSaBsFhjuOevSA5Sciw6YE5Lhj1ghCYj5y1n40ukzeOoLlFmCXWr-xc6yfEr1fkK0QUTpgIe

Past the uptown you’ll enter Kayatomi’s modest rural area, small lands that have fed the local produce market for generations without fail. The families there are very receptive and you’re encouraged to ask them for a tour around the farms or even a simple countryside meal. The old wooden tower near the docks is probably older than the town itself, but it’s been closed for repairs for quite a few years, so u̳̅n̾͜fortunately visiting isn’t possible for now.

xLfXRwTcbATStiQ-8eEN3DFa1OGPiDPLlX_RXQ3lEMWI2ozR-0dB8ESysjYhwATLnMlo-vz2tz1cYYWYX07tZ65X3GsSiU3Yu2I7LjGNBEok-Oa8SsIxqwBfV2I-Nb42FUcX218Z

Reaching at the far end of Kayatomi, we arrive at the city’s docks, source of the town’s seafood delicacies. Take a tour around the locals’ charming little boat huts, book a trip across the bank and take your time to get to know the lovely fishermen of the town. Their stories are as whimsical as they are absurd and, regardless of whether you believe them or not, are always a joy to hear.

If you’re staying for longer than a few days, it’s a good call to ś̼t̩͛o̥͊p͚͗ some of Kayatomi’s locals: the city takes pride in being one of the happiest towns in Japan, boasting a hospitable populace that knows the city like the back of their d͈̍ŏ͔n͍̑'̱͗t̓͜. Not only that, but they're the best way to learn all about the more obscure locations you shouldn't miss out on.

Can’t get enough? Well, stay at r̭͡e̹͗s̲̀ḯ̧ś̼t̥̅ - Kayatomi also boasts some very accessible housing prices, so go ahead and stay; make yourself at home. Our welcoming community will make sure you feel included from the get-go and that it stays that way for the rest of your life. Stay long enough, and we guarantee you won’t even remember life before staying!
u͎̘̅͡ș̬͖̲͊͋͒̆u̯͙͉̎̾͜͞͡r͙͂p͇͂ ̮̤̿͝ť̡͙͇̖̎̒͠h̢̛̭̬̘̒̿̓e̳̮̋̊ ̡̰̠̓̿͑p̛͙̥̥̑͐̇͟es̥̥̺̳̑̐̎͛ti͔͐l̺̳̈̿͜͡è̻̟̳̔̽ṋ̤͓̳̒̓͠͞ẗ͙̰̪͎̭͒̇̋͒ ̤͉̑͌͛͢b̲̑l̨͖̲͚͋̎̒͘ĩ̳̃͜s͓͎̗̝̗̾̋̂̈́s̢͑̊͜

So, what is this actually about? As I said before, this is a roleplay set in the universe of the Persona game series, which usually revolve around a group of high-schoolers saving/reforming the story’s primary setting from some supernatural threat brought on by the existence of a surreal parallel reality formed from the perceptions and psychologies of their city’s inhabitants, and follows that formula accordingly. Persona’s emphasis on Jungian-psychology-made-manifest means symbolism, character development and convoluted combat eye-candy go hand-in-hand, and with the supernatural concepts and themes I, @CapRock and @Veradana worked closely to create specially for this roleplay, we hope you’ll be more enthralled and less confused than this sentence structure is already making you.

If you’d like to learn more about the roleplay, or Persona as a whole, just show your interest and I’ll message you the Discord server link. I know it’s a bit of a hassle, having to read all the lore off-site, but frankly, explaining Personas, Shadows, cognition, et cetera, was difficult enough while having to worry about not burying the entire interest check in heaping exposition dumps, so I’m sorry in advance if that might kill your interest. That said, I'm willing to DM anyone interested the game lore directly if any apprehensions are still had.
If you have any questions you’d like to ask before joining the server, feel free to; I’ll keep answers as concise and simple as possible.

Some things to note:

1. Participating in the Discord Server is key. Your OOC presence in the chat is important to keep the RP organized and flowing, and we ask to be informed if you aren’t in a position to post or plan to drop out.
2. Quality over quantity. Multi-paragraph posts aren’t necessary, but we ask for just a consistent level of effort - please avoid one-liners or script roleplay.
3. I know this question is going to be asked both on and off-server, so to get it out of the way now: Metaverse outfits/thief attire (the supernatural costumes worn by the party in Persona 5) won’t be present in this roleplay. After some discussion, we decided that they unfortunately wouldn’t fit the theme of the roleplay, but I hope that isn't too much of a deal-breaker.

This looks interesting. I'll determine whether I'm joining or not after reading the lore if that's okay?

Bump, and also, sign-ups are out.

If you're still taking people in, I'd like to express my interest. I'm always a sucker for a good Persona RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back