The city of Algenorn

The DoomyFish

The Avatar of the world soul.

The city hovers 1.5 miles above the surface Of the planet. However for the first time in its existence, a large stairway has connected the ground to the city.  The king sits in his throne at the center of the city. Each of the high ranking members are positioned throughout the city.

King Shadar Logoria.

the king sat in the center of his floating fortress, from here more than half the city was within his absorption range. He found his thoughts on his son again and chuckled. "I suppose it's only natural for a parent to worry about their child." He muttered to himself. Gathering his power he unleashed another Blast of energy through the opening in the ceiling. The ball of energy soared about ten miles into the air before detonationg with a bright glowing explosion roughly the same size as the city. He had been unleashing one of those every hour for the past half a day. A sign to the Outside world that Algenorn is now open and awaiting contact...

Darigaas inuan 

The beautiful white clad woman stood pacing in her room near the central palace. In her hand she held a speech which she was reciting. "On behalf of all Algenorn..." with an exasperated sigh she burst the paper into flames with a surge of thermal energy. "Ugh I guess I'll just wing it." She muttered. And waving down her assistant she informed her to cancel all further speech writing and bring her a cask of wine. "Hopefully everyone will be to afraid to even come over here." 

Raidos Akamuna 

The excited scientist ran around her laboratory gathering every point of reference she could find on the surface world. "OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod." She gushed like a mantra, "first contact...I wonder what technology they have, no what is their history, no what is their food source. "She kept running but in her excitement she accidentally created a thin layer of ice on the floor slipping and falling hard on her backside. "Ah geez!" She shouted rubbing her sore back. "At least kyrule wasn't here to see that." She muttered...

Kyrule Akamuna 

"AH-CHOO." The legendary Agragorian warrior Sneezed loudly. "What's That Airhead saying about me now?" He said under his breath as he stood at the top of the stairwell awaiting any possible attackers or visitors. He leaned lazily on his Bo-Staff which he had rooted in the ground. Suddenly he sensed a being and twirling to meet the threat he immediately began to blush. It was just a bird. "Geez I'm gonna go insane here." He grumbled sitting on the ground and crossing his arms. 

@Tetro

@Fuzz

Was this the events those old scrolls at the Citadel had mentioned when he read them way back when? Gygax wasn't sure, but he had to admit 'long lost place once again meeting with ground brethren' seemed to be a pretty accurate description of this stairway meeting with the planet's ground. Were these people hostile? Or maybe friendly? Or hostile until approachers proved friendly? Hopefully either options two or three.

As the dragon in human form approached the stairs he remain very cautious of the surroundings. He found himself at the bottom of the stairwell the lead seemingly infinitely upwards to the heavens themselves. He took a step or two up it before then taking several more as he ascended upwards to see what awaited at the top. He had some sense of excitement in his heart to see this. This would be something to write home about, that was for sure.

@Jefferson

Kyrule Akamuna 

he sat in that same position for a long time before finally he felt magic enter his absorption range. This was definitely a being of great power. Standing and gripping his staff he Waited for the beings approach. Once it came into visual range he spoke. "That's close enough, who are you traveler and what is the purpose of your visit?" He asked Firmly but not without respect. 

The sky darkened as he spoke and thunder rumbled, letting the city know that the first visitor was here. 

It was when he got close enough that finally someone was here to speak. Gygax would have figured they would have been at the bottom of the stairs in a group, but this idea worked better. To show his non hostility he stopped there on the stairs. "My name is Gygax." he first replies to the firm warrior. "And my homeland's scrolls predicted a meeting of sky people with those on the ground. Out of curiosity and as a knowledge seeker I come to your city." The effects of the sky were interesting. It seemed this place had little issue flaunting its power in contrast to himself.

@Jefferson

Kyrule Akamuna

Kyrule nodded and took his hand off of his staff, with a bow he said "welcome Gygax. Head straight down this road at the top of the hill you will see the palace, there the Diplomatic Councilor will get you familiar with the laws and customs here. Only then can you see the king and be granted guest status." Rising from his bow he strapped aside letting Gygax enter, deep down he was glad that this Gygax was non hostile, after being close enough to get feel in his power... he wasn't sure he could handle him. 

Darigaas Inuan

Hearing the thunder in the air Darigaas Quickly finished her glass of wine and poured two more, she had cleaned up her office so that now only her desk held any items. There was a plate of foods from the city, The two glasses of wine and several papers and documents. "Well here goes nothing..." she said downing her glass again and giving it one more refill.

Mawlock had been trekking for a while, interested in visiting this floating city. Someone had gotten to the stairs first, which was fine. It meant he didn't have to set the standard for entry, hopefully. He kept his hood up as he made his way up the stairs, feeling a rather strange energy from the floating city. "Peculiar..." He stuffed his hands in his pockets, finding them to be empty. For now. As he neared the top he slowed down and noticed a guard. He continued now with a more steady and calm pace. Mawlock gave off no feel or aura. Almost like you wouldn't know he existed unless you were looking at him or listening for his steps. He stopped as he was almost face to face with the guard. "..." He stared at the larger man and waited. Maybe I should get some cool armor too... I hope I don't get cut in half again. He thought.

@Jefferson

To the palace and the Diplomatic Councilor? This was place indeed orderly! That was already good news as far as Gygax was concerned! Gygax returns the bow to Kyrule when he finishes his. A sign of respect from one warrior to another. Even if the guard's power wasn't quite the same as his own it was a good sign to see one take a job as seriously as he did. "And a pleasant day to you as well." Gygax replies while he returned the bow. He then continued his trek towards the palace. As he walked down the road, he made note of just how different this place felt compared ot the surface world. The otherworldly feeling it had reminded him of home a bit. he could breathe easy for at least a little while here.

As he approached the Palace he had to ask around where the Diplomatic Chambers were. Now, he had to remember his manners for real since he was dealing with legitimate authority for the first time in a while. He makes a few quick knocks on the doorways to the Chambers. "Hello? May I enter?" he asks as he knocks.

@Jefferson

@Jefferson

Kyrule Akamuna 

after the first being left Kyrule began to feel another lifeform enter his field, he turned at first expecting to find another bird but instead finding another visitor. His energy was faint as if it were restrained. "That's close enough, who are you traveler and what is the purpose of your visit here." He asked going through his usual protocol and gripping his staff expectantly. 

@Tetro

Darigaas Inuan 

"yes come right in." She called through the door. He's polite that's good at least it's not all savages down there.She thought to herself. Through the door she got a feel attached both her absorption field and mental link. He was powerful she could tell, and while she couldn't read his mind she could get a vague gauge of his intentions. He seemed to be a knowledge seeker, polite, and old, perhaps even as old as Herac. Interesting. She mused.

The Queen of Syphrix had gotten world of Algenorn finally allowing outsiders into their grand kingdom. She had immediately sent word that she would be coming to visit, it was her duty as I Queen to do as such. Many of her guards and followers were worried about her kingdom, since she indeed was in the midst of a war with the Karlegons. Being the only people in her land that held any form of magical power, she set her people at ease as she formed a very powerful spell of protection around her kingdom. 

It was a small journy for her, her hand maiden, her advisor and her sworn sword and shield. A very small group of people traveling with her, but ones that she trusted with her life. She had entered the city, headed for the castle to have her meeting with the king. She was on edge and very observant to her surroundings as her few subjects followed behind them, the strange thing about her and her people were that they all wore dark veils over there faces, even the two males did. Algenorn wasn't the only place that was a mystery, outsiders weren't allowed on the continent where hers and the Karlegons fought their millennium war. It was never ending and so no outsiders would be corrupted or hurt, she placed a special spell over her land, placing a sort of veil over it to hide it.

Standing before the castle she waited for appropriate word to enter and introduce herself.

@Jefferson

Last edited by a moderator:
Shia stood in the palace square, her two closest eleven guards surrounding her. She had one thought in mind today, and that was to make allies with this powerful floating kingdom. She waved her guards off, her hard eyes focused on the entrance in front of her. The guards fell behind her, and she stood paitiently, awaiting interaction from the royalty within the castle.

Perfect, the sooner his affairs were arranged the quicker he cold be set about doing things. It seemed this place was getting as busy as expected since it was newly opened up and everything. Sadly, some of these people were probably going to be less polite than himself. Oh well, just hope things don't get out of hand. He entered the chamber, leaving his greatsword at the door since he would have no need for it right now. "Good day. I was directed here by the guard at the stairwell to get my affairs in order before I pay a proper visit to your city." he explains to her after leaving the weapon behind, though it was likely obvious why he was here anyway.

@Jefferson

Mawlock blinked at the man before speaking, "I wish to explore. I have spent years traveling and I figured this would be a good place to journey." He answered. Mawlock continued to stare up at him. "As for who I am, I am Mawlock. And you... Are..." He dug into his pocket before pulling out a large card, looking at it. "Kyrule Akumuna. Very nice to meet you." He spun his hand and the card seemed to vanish, holding out his hand to shake the man's. Mawlock's face cracked a tiny smile.

@Jefferson

King Shadar Logoria. 

The king felt the nobles and curious visitors beginning to enter the city mere moments after Kyrule signaled the city with his thunder. "Open the palace gates." He said and two guards pushed the massive marble doors to the palace open. 

He had received word of the arrival of the queen of the Syphrixians and the Elven Nobility. "It is with open arms I invite you to Algenorn, Before we begin I will grant you each one request as a token of good faith, what can Algenorn do for you?" His voice was gentle yet it carried the very air was speaking, he Made a point not to latch his absorption field to them just in case they took it as a sign of aggression. 

Darigaas Inuan.

The man left his sword at the door gaining a smile from the tall diplomatic woman. She stood over six an a half feet tall and her heels boosted that to nearly seven. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you Gygax," she said gesturing to the chair and offering him the wine and food before continuing "First and foremost I would like to clear a few things up for you, that strange feeling you have been getting the one similar to walking through spiderwebs. That is our people's sixth sense in a way, it is how we get to know a living thing so please don't be offended if you feel us latch on to you."  She increased the pressure of her field temporarily to help emphasize the feeling. "Next while I do not know the customs on the surface very well, here the customary greeting is a bow with ones hands behind their back, careful not to bow too deeply as that can be seen as mocking." She slid a paper across the table at the man continuing her instructions before letting gygax get in a word. "Our laws are very similar to yours on the surface , no stealing, killing, or assisting a person. It is also forbidden to mention the Queen...that's a recent addition to the law.  Aside from that, one is free to do anything they please so long as it does not impede another's rights, legal matters can be settled with financial compensation, trial by combat, or trial by King, the defendant is allowed the decision of which. Now if you will sign here to show that I have explained the laws to you clearly you  can move on from here and explore as you see fit." Finishing her speech she thought to herself flawless, I should've just had a few drinks to begin with. 

Kyrule Akamuna.

Kyrule smiled as the guy pulled out the card. "That's pretty cool Mawlock. the king would love to that trick. Carry on up the hill to the Customs building and meet with the ambassador, she will give you the legal document and you can go where you would like." He gestured towards the road up to the central palace. "Enjoy yourself and please don't get into trouble." He said bowing slightly with his hands behind his back. 

@Tetro

"The king? Well, I would love to show it to him." He responded, nodding. "I shall." He removed his hood as his own display of respect before heading into the city and up the hill to where he needed to go. To directly meet the king was an exciting thing for Mawlock. He used the card of Kyrule, having it turn into gold dust as Mawlock obtained knowledge of where the he was to go. As he got to the building he felt something odd. He spun his hand and held a card with the image of whoever it was that resided inside that he needed to see. It was a shame she would pick up nothing from Mawlock just as Kyrule did. Hopefully it didn't leave a bad impression, but that's just how he was created. He knocked on the door, "I was told to come here for documents..." He spoke up.

@Jefferson

The Queen heard the voice speak out, she was certain that this was the King of Algenorn. Her sworn sheild at her right and her sworn sword at her left, they stood there cautiously as the voice rang out. Her hand maiden and advisor standing behind as they awaited word of their Queen. "It is an honor to be here, I am Queen Andromeda Ritarian-Ulva of Syfrix, all I wish is to have a pleasant conversation with you, that is all." @Jefferson

At least he had been half-right on that initial greeting with the gatekeeper. He partook in some of what was offered to him while he listened to her speak. With those shoes the diplomat stood about a foot or so taller than he did from his estimates, not that it bothered him much. The ethereal feelings of the city's magical "sense" however, would take a small but of time to adjust too. The pressures did remind him some of telepathy and mind reading magics, though not as probing. Really much of this was the same kinds of laws one could expect anywhere so it wasn't going to be a huge issue between him and the legalities that were in place. Even the trial by King of combat were very familiar styles of solutions he was familiar with. Gygax signs the papers as son as she was done with her speech and passes them back. He had much to visit and look into during his time here. "Fair enough for me." he said as he passed the papers back to Darigaas. "Anything else you recommend before I take leave?"

@Jefferson

Shialaevar stood proud as the other elf announced herself. She had heard of her kingdom, though never had thought of becoming friendly with them. Other elven cities have different interests. All of them are different, and that is why, despite their common ancestory, they do not get along. 

Once the Queen was done, Shia stepped forward, acknowledging the king with a bow. "I am Shialaevar Xyrven of the Elteria kingdom. I have come to make peace, and allies, with your powerful forces. It is an honor, your majesty." The elven queen took another bow, her eyes trained on the ground.

King Shadar Logoria 

"The honor is mine Your magesties, if it is allies and conversation you seek then we shall happily oblige." He rises from his throne and walks down to meet the queens on more even ground.

"Our people have much to offer each other, We of Algenorn hold ancient knowledges long lost to the surface but we know nothing of the new world." He smiled at the two to attempt to reassure them as he began to get a feel for them with his absorption field. Unlike the other agragorians His held a weight to it instead of feeling like spiderwebs it felt like chains but it was just as suddenly gone. "You two are the first of nobility from the surface to come here and as such will be my first allies in what is to come, But first peace must be made between you two, forge a powerful alliance between your respective peoples and I shall deploy Soldiers to your lands to help you to finish your enemies. Together we will bring peace to the surface." He held his hands out one to each queen, the energy within him surged noticeably. "Accept this my queens as a gift." He said waiting for them to take his hands. 

Kyrule Akamuna 

As the new visitor left Kyrule returned to his sitting position beside his staff. "Well back to guard duty, I wonder how many people will come?" He mused as he closed his eyes. The last visitor was strange, I couldn't detect any energy from him. "Oh well." He said audibly. 

Crossing his arms and resuming his meditation.

@Tetro

Darigaas Inuan 

"well you seem to be a knowledge seeker, you should seek our head researcher Raidos in sure she would love to meet you." She said pouring herself yet another glass of wine. Frowning as it had become warm, she drained the thermal energy from it chilling it bit. A knock on the door causing her to look up. I couldn't sense this one. She noticed immediately and called out. "Yes come in just a few papers to sign and some Culture tips.

@Tetro

"Excellent. Thank you and good day." Gygax says as an end to their conversation as he stood up from his seat. It appeared there would be plenty of time in order to get the things he wished to know. As he walked out he grabbed his greatsword and returned it to the holder on his back to see the new person as he was on his way. "Good day." he says to them as he slides past to let them in for whatever business they had to attend to. It was likely the same thing he was here for. After he went past them he decides to ask around for instructions on where he could find this head researcher Raidos at so he could compare notes and see what else he could find out for the time being.

@Jefferson @Tetro

Mawlock walked in, passing by Gygax and nodding his head in response. Mawlock gave a tiny excited smile as he closed the door behind himself and spun his hand, revealing Gygax's card. Hopefully he'd have enough to put on a good show for the king. He put the card in his pocket and walked over to the woman drinking wine. "Hello. My name is Mawlock." He introduced himself. He waited for the papers he needed to sign. What got him a little excited were the tips he was going to get. New cultures intrigued him greatly.

@Jefferson@CoreyXIX

The queen could feel the strange feeling of binsing chains coursing over hr body, she raised a brow underneath her veil as she stared at the king, 'precautionary measures' she thought to herself. She didn't mind, she could fully understand doing things to make sure nothing bad happen in his kingdom, to not allow the wrong people in. She was rather surprised that he had requested that her and the other woman of Elven nobility make haste. She didn't know her nor did she wanna make any sort of peace treaty with someone she didn't know. Trailing her fingers delicately through the strands of her burgundy hair and spoke both respectfully and bluntly to the king. "I apologize for the words I am about to speak, but I have no desire to make treaties or alliances with anyone here." She looked over to the elven woman and continued. "I also don't need your soldiers in my land, there is no need for any of it, I simply came here out of curiosity and in search for good conversation." She pressed her lips together and bowed. "I have my own troubles to worry about in my home, I do not wish nor care to solve the rest of the worlds problems. You and your kingdom have been a seperated from the world for a long time, why care about it now?" She steppeh forward, raising a hand to her people to stay put as she looked at the king. She raised her veil to reveal her face, her eyes a sea of ever changing color. "Please respect my wishes and understand that I simply came to have a pleasant chat with you your highness." She gave a polite smile and presented her hand up to him, in a form of him understanding her requests and honesty. @Jefferson

Bulvarr walks towards the floating city. Noticing the long stairs up to the city. "Why do I have the feeling this is High Hrothgar all over again... so many stairs." he mutters as he starts to walk up the stairs. As he keeps walking closer and closer to the end of the stairs, he notices a man at the front of the gate, probably a guard. What he notices is that there is only one. Every city in Skyrim had at least two guards near the entrance of the city. Why did this one have only one? Whatever reason, he might find out sooner or later. Preferably not as an enemy, but as an ally.

@Jefferson

Users who are viewing this thread