The Chronology Series Main Event/Side Story Ideas

thatguyinthestore

Off to a Better Place
This is a thread where we encourage our members to use creativity and submit their ideas for events and general roleplays. Do keep in mind that you will need to DM me and the council your event idea if you want it to be approved, though. If an event has been approved, it will be added to the list of upcoming events, which will be in our Discord as well as an events thread that will be made here on the site in the coming future, which will essentially categorize all our past events and their characters.

See this thread if you want to know how to submit events. See this thread if you want to know what's expected of you as a GM.

Also, keep in mind that to host one of these things, you must have a flexible schedule. Do not host one or attempt to host one if you can barely find yourself being active in an event.​

Chronology: Ultimate

RMXbMvo.png

The screen flickered to life before you all.

"Th-this is Scott Lang! I-I'm a member of the Multiverse Protection Foundation!" A male screamed, his face panicked as explosions and gunfire could be heard in the background. "Ganondorf is here! H-he.... he has the Tesseract! We need assistance from anyone! I repeat, Ganondorf has the--"

SCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTT!

Just like that, the stage had been set.

And the final battle for the fate of the Multiverse had begun.

Point Zero was the beginning.

This is the end.

Ganondorf has finally been reincarnated and is at full power. With an army of Twili and the Tesseract at his disposal, his plan for complete dominion over the Multiverse can finally be achieved. Everything had been building to this since The Avengers lost the Tesseract to Cobblepot. It has all come to this very moment. The finale. The conclusion.

The Ultimate.

Yes, after months of hype and constant talk, I can finally give you all a taste of what Chronology: Ultimate will entail! As said above, this is intended to be an ending. While not the final event in The Chronology Series itself, it will be served to cap off our first major arc, dubbed The Twilight Arc. Needless to say, this is intended to be the largest event in The Chronology Series to date, with a planned seven chapters in total and over one-hundred NPCs, and a goal to borrow elements and characters from every past event and side story.

I won't give too much away, as to not spoil the plot of Ultimate. It will be co-gm'd by FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla , and perhaps some of the other admins as well. It is recommended that you replay someone from a past event here, as this event is a culmination of everything that has come before. This will, of course, involve Ganondorf heavily, and will shed further light on him, his plans, his motivation, and everything in between.

Stay tuned!​

wow now i gotta add this to the new hub

thanks a lot dude i thought i could chill regarding that for a while

> : ( ( ( ( (

in all seriousness i am now very excited

This is a very rough draft. I'll admit, I'm not the best at writing stories and don't know all the ins and outs of writing one, kinda new to that aspect. But I'm writing this in the hopes that someone thinks this is interesting enough to pick it up. (Probably Sayo or Haz,) because this is a Persona 5 themed roleplay. If it does not get picked up or needs more work, I understand, there are two drafts of this story (with the second one being my favorite.) I will also not be the head honcho pulling the strings and whatnot, I just thought it would be neat if there was a Persona 5 themed RP since I've been crazy about P5 for awhile. Anyways, choose which one you like and discuss which story draft's the best. I'm out my peps.

Draft #1: You’re suddenly transported in the world of Shibuya, you have some recollection of how you got here but not by much, it was some guy who you stopped for some reason. And in doing so, wanted to make your life a living hell for interfering with his business. The man thinks you’re done for, but you’re actually alive (or escaped if you want a chase scene) and find refuge in a town called Shibuya and find out the man has a business and a lot of contacts. To prepare for the big man, and have an easier time taking him out, you have to take out the small fries, his partners in crime. Once doing so, you’re ready to take him on! (Machanics) Super Powers are allowed but only in the metaverse, as a way to keep some crazy characters in check and not able to badly harm civilians for whatever reason.

Draft #2: There’s a call saying there’s some distress in a world/town called Shibuya, you arrive, only to find nothing’s wrong. Until further investigation you find there are horrible people who are getting away with lots of crimes; and either no one knows or they’re in on it too. Soon you hear rumors about there being a group called “The Phantom Thieves” and begin to search for the gang in hopes of extra assist. While behind the curtains, the main bad guy is also teaming with the main villain who made a deal with him, and offers him more power (aka to be the ruler of Shibuya, or to later double cross him, whichever’s more interesting) (Machanics) Again, super powers are allowed but only in the metaverse, it wouldn’t be fair if your character could easy beat everyone else with no powers outside the metaverse.

I got one as well.

You all wake up, stripped of your gear, and any powers you had were also taken away. What in the world happened, you wonder, as you and others who also had awoken would see where you ended up.

Angel_Falls_FV.png

"Huh? Who are you people?"

You guys would direct your attention to a strangely outfitted girl who seems to be from this village.

erinn-itadaki-street-dragon-quest-and-final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-2.79.jpg

Whatever had happened, you realize you guys might need to investigate what happened to you, and how you can get back home. However, this would have to wait. The group would be visited by another stranger, in even odder clothing, and this encounter would begin a lengthly quest that will lead you towards saving this world from a dark evil.

This is:
DRAGON QUEST IX, The unsung legend of heroes from beyond time and space

Okay guys, my turn!

One Hell of a Show

Last night, you were in your bed, content. This morning, you woke up behind red curtains. Some faces you recognize, some you don't. Your equipment is locked up in a cage in front of you, and your powers are capped. This looks to be some kind of audition. As you wonder what you've been sent to audition for, a little gremlin peeks inside. "Hey! All'a you!" He says in a little squeaky voice. "Get to your podiums! The show is startin'!" Obediently, you claim one of several podiums in various colors. It's a little hard to see, but this place actually seems quite classy.

Screenshot_20200211-214701.png

It's not an audition where you get knives thrown at you if you stink. It's not a singing competition where a sour note leads to being eaten by some horrible beast. It's just a game show! Presumably one desperate for contestants, if they were willing to drag you in while you were sleeping. Why, this isn't a big deal! You can just deliberately get some questions wrong and be sent home, right?

You take comfort in that, until spotlights blind you and bouncy trumpets make your ears deaf. The live studio audience kicks right up.
Screenshot_20200211-214806.png
Taking the podium before you is the host, Van Tastic, whose haircut alone is kickable. Fortunately, he is only about a foot tall, so you might get a chance.

With a grin big enough to give an alligator a run for his money, Van faces you without fear. "Good morning, men, women, and sick weirdos in between!"* He announces. "I hope you all slept well, because you're about to get...!" "WHACKED!" The crowd shouts.

Screenshot_20200211-214727.png

Well, this is already one of the most bizarre adventures you ever had. But one contestant seems more terrified than you and the others; the little red bunny nearby is staring at the giant letters with eyes flooded with panic.

Screenshot_20200211-214917.png

You may or may not know him...and you may or may not have noticed his lips forming the words "oh, SHIT".

Mechanics: Whacked! is best described as Tom and Jerry meets Total Drama. There are three rounds, taking you through various stages and game modes. These modes include King of the Hill, Scavenger Hunt, Keep Away, and good old fashioned Battle Royale. Your goal? Beat the shit out of each other. Van will let you have your equipment to keep things interesting, while providing weapons for those who don't have any. If you want to use your powers, however, you need to find the Exclamation Points he will occasionally drop.

Between games, you will get a bit of downtime backstage, which you should use well. Any significant interaction can save your hide.

Meanwhile, contestant Lucky seems to know what is going on around here, and will try desperately to stop the show from continuing. He will sabotage the stages, steal and hide important items, and even attempt to incapacitate you. Hopefully, you can use the Backstage sequences to figure out what his deal is.

Because Van loves anarchism, he'll let you do whatever conniving trick you can think of to win, from hoarding weapons to convincing friends to gang up on other contestants.

Other Info: Death is a factor here, but it isn't permanent! Van has the ability to revive you instantly, and heal you between games.

Last edited:
Hunters of the Throne

1582564849458.png

Laying on the wet, dusty ground at your feet is a half-torn and soaked red poster. On it is a well-built man with a beret and an impressive gun slung over his shoulder, the images of several men and women below him. Above his head are the words 'JOIN THE CRIMSON RAIDERS' and 'FIGHT BACK' printed in bold. From what the locals say, these Crimson Raiders are the Bandit gang to end all others. Comprised of Vault Hunters and ex-soldiers, they're the one shining light standing against the cannibals and psychopaths out there in the endless desert, waiting, waiting for their next victim.

A series of hollow, metallic howls cut through the thick air. In the distance, screaming and gunshots ensue. Everyone calls the sounds of fighting and killing'the music of Pandora.' The now-disbanded Children of the Vault must be having another run-in with the Mutants that have been appearing since a few months back. Serves them right. Nobody would care, not if the attacks from these Mutants weren't indiscriminate, hitting parties of bandit and whoever you can consider sane here alike. They say they came from portals at first, and in the night, the flash of a light outside your window means more have come from 'the other worlds.' But on Pandora, you can never tell what's bogus and what's not.

Not until you see something else in the distance. Through the heavy rain and the bolts of lightning, you see something split the air. A vortex of neon blue. From it steps out five beings armed with weapons; none like the creatures or disfigured humans, screwed up as they are, of Pandora.

1582565524329.png

Hunters of the Throne is a Borderlands and Nuclear Throne crossover. It is written with the flexibility of an open-ended story in mind. Will you take up the duty as a Crimson Raider, investigate the Vaults and Dahl, and find the source of these Mutants once and for all? Will you take up the mantle of becoming your own adventurer, perhaps lead a group of Bandits? Will you tame the Mutants of the wasteland? Will you save the Sanctuary III from crashing? Will you be the one friend of Claptrap?

Anything is possible.​

Ballad of the Wardens
falow.gif

In the world of Thedas, there are a few things most likely to kill you. Yes, murder is one, dangerous magic or being used for magical experimentation is another, along with the regular ways to die. Y'know, falling off a cliff high up, hanging, getting shot by arrows. But one thing that is limited to just this world that can kill you?

Darkspawn.
Creature-Darkspawn.jpg
Creatures from underground that were once human, now having tainted blood run through their veins. Their goal is simple: succeed in waging war against all sentient life in the world, protecting the Archdemon. And they would've succeeded in this quest if not for a group of people.

That group of people is widely known across Thedas as:

The Grey Wardens.
H_greywrada_0.png
The Grey Wardens are people who have taken the oath, giving their lives to killing Darkspawn, killing the Archdemon, and saving the world from the Blight.
Here in the ye old year of 5:23 Exalted, you're here to help out the Wardens and stop the Blight, bringing peace to the land.
If someone doesn't lick a lamppost in winter, that is.
unnamed.gif

Ballad of the Wardens is a Dragon Age roleplay. It is written to be semi-open world, able to do things but eventually the plot does have to move forward. Will you stay and help prepare with the Grey Wardens? Tame a griffon to be yours? Go lick a lamppost in winter? Maybe even check out where all the mages are or become a simple farmer or a merchant?
The possibilities are real! (Unlike the cake, which isn't real and is therefore, a lie)

HotD.pngDaleksFeature-770x433.jpg
You find yourself laying on the warm sands of of a beach and as you stand up you see above you, a white Sun shining down. In front of you, a vast lake surrounded by nothing but the foliage of a thick jungle. Suddenly, you hear the rustling behind you, coming from the jungle. Out comes a ragged and frighted looking person wearing a dirty and torn suit. They come towards you before tripping and falling before getting any closer. The moment your try to help them up, a flash of inverted light flashes before your eyes and all you can see is the glimpse of a darkened skeleton and the cries of agony. The person falls limp and before you can register, out comes three odd looking machines come out from the foliage. They looks down at the corpse before looking to you and one of them speaks in a robotic tone
----
"What is this? Why are you not in u-ni-form? No bi-be-dal or-gan-ism on this plan-et is with-out a u-ni-form! Un-less...Tres-pass-ers have come to our plan-et! We will not tol-er-ate this trans-gress-siooooon! If there is one, there is a-no-ther! We will hunt them! We will sub-ju-gate them! We will be-come their new ma-sters! If they refuse to o-bey us, they will be ex-ter-mina-ted! All that is not Da-lek will be EX-TER-MINA-TEEEEED!"
House of the Daleks is a roleplay centered around Doctor Who's most notorious enemies, The Daleks! It's written to be a semi-open world survival/strategy roleplay where you must keep yourr wits about you as you navigate around a hostile planet, new home to a near unstoppable race of war-mongering aliens hell bent on eradicating all sentient life in the universe! Will you try to find a way off the planet to save yourself or stop the Daleks at their root?​

The Origins of FOXHOUND​

The special forces unit, FOXHOUND, formed in 1971 to specialize in covert ops, is recruiting soldiers with special backgrounds. Big Boss himself handpicked every last one of you, and you all would wake your next day in a tent full of other people in a similar situation as you, you’d see yourself in what seemed to be a Boot Camp. Here you all are trained, to prepare for what’s to come.
The year is now 1995, and a suspected terrorist military nation in Africa, Outer Heaven, is starting to rise in power, and needs to be stopped due to suspicion of possession of nuclear weapons. Today you serve with the newest member, codenamed, Solid Snake.

Premise: No matter who you are, your powers are gone, all you have is your skill and wit, you’ve been on operations all over the world, fighting for what’s right. Atleast, that’s what you think. Throughout the course of the story, the truth will be revealed to you. This is an Origin side-story for TCS ultimate, in the MGS universe. Any characters allowed but equipment will be provided by Foxhound, standard issue, and powers will be null. Get ready, for the patriots aren’t done yet.

2A7F9370-1AEE-4570-B936-A6F9DA60A50E.png
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

Alright, so this is actually a rough idea I’ve had since I “finished“ The Henry Stickmin Collection. Heavily WIP, but I will happily get to fleshing it out more if people think it’s adequate.

Trouble Of The Skies (title pending)
You find yourself shaken awake, quickly finding that you were in a helicopter of some kind. Unconscious beside you and elsewhere in the vehicle are others, awkwardly packed together to accomorate what little passenger space is in the helicopter. Regardless of where you found yourself awakening, you all saw the same man, accompanied by the same bodyguard.

1601421173140.png

”Well, well... Look who finally decided to wake up. You've been quite elusive, but your skills make you worth the catch. You'll be perfect for the job.”

You and the others have been dragged into a mission to help find incriminating evidence on the notorious Toppat Clan, with your past crimes threatened against you if you don’t comply. The task is tricky, but with the government’s resources, your own skills, and a new ally dragged into the same situation, things might just work out.

This roleplay is going to have an ending, somewhat following the plot of the Infiltrating the Airship number in the Henry Stickmin series but having some surprises to ensure that it’s not entirely predictable. Obviously characters from the series will be discouraged, and I will encourage characters that would have canon crimes to be threatened against them in the first place. Or go with a compete goody two shoes and make something up. Either works. The mechanics that will maybe be in place would potentially be a system that reflects the more choice-based nature of the series, but otherwise would be pretty straight-forward. As mentioned before, I want to see the general thoughts on this idea before making any kind of serious action.

Users who are viewing this thread