• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Role play - closed

He was teasing him again. Making fun of him once again and Nor didn't see why. Nor didn't see why he was being made fun of. It reminded him of when his mother would make comments to him when he messed something up badly. When she too would speak to him in that voice. Guards would do it too. When they didn't think that he was listening. Nor looked like he was going to say something to Konrad once again but then he just looked away and gave his head a small shake. "Let's just go."

Astaroth frowned at the mocking tone, and reached for her brothers hand. She'd never mocked him. Joked around with him, but she'd never mocked or insulted him, even behind his back. She knew he wouldn't understand it, and it would just upset him. On the other hand, other people seemed to do it because they knew he wouldn't remember it for long. She stuck close to him, wishing Konrad would just be a little more polite to her brother. Especially since he didn't understand.

"Aye, lets" Konrad said as he lead them back to the inn. upon entering, the trio was met with praise at their catch "Take a good look at him lads, he'll be in your stomachs soon!" Konrad said to all the inn patrons. The deer was given to the chef and Konrad turned to Astaroth "We should have some time left before the food is ready, want some morning training?" he said in a somewhat proud tone.

Nor left them alone without waiting to hear what his sister would have to say. He did not fell well at all. Not to mention that he was once again so confused and wanted to ask his sister about everything. But she was busy and was probably just about to go and do some training with Konrad. So, Nor would distance himself from them and do some thinking. He supposed that he should work out what was going on on his own so as not to bother Konrad or his sister about all of this.

Astaroth kinda wanted to say no to Konrad, that she wanted to comfort her brother. But Nor had wandered off, and she assumed he wished to be alone. So, sighing, she nodded to Konrad quietly, "Just for a while. I... I need to talk to Nor." She told him, wishing her brother hadn't walked off. She really wanted to go and cheer him up. Though training would help them in the future, she was worried about her brother now.

Konrad rolled his eyes "Go to him" he said in a surprisingly remorseful tone as he pointed in the direction that Nor had walked off in "Ill show you the basics on the morrow, right now, your brother needs you". Konrad then walked off to one of the tables and began to drink some wine with the other patrons "Hahaha, yes gentlemen, Konrad the bloody has returned and he has brought with him the spoils of a great hunt!" he said aloud.

Nor had gone up to the room that they had slept in and soon panicked himself easily enough because he could not find his crown. He could not find it anywhere. But he had put it somewhere in there the night before. He knew that he had put it somewhere where he could find it again. But now...he was not able to find it at all. So he was both confused about why he was even there and about where his crown could have gone. That was very important to him because he was the Prince of Geneva.

Astaroth nodded and softly thanked Konrad. Perhaps he did understand then. If only a little. She trailed after her brother, assuming he'd gone to their room, since that was the only place he could really go. And when she found him in a panic, she moved to stop him scampering around with a quiet hug, "Whats wrong Nor?" She asked softly, "What are you looking for? You have everything." She said gently, pulling back to peer up at him.

Konrad was busy drinking with the patrons as they danced and sung in their drunken state "We'll rant and we'll roar, like true mercenaries!" was what the inn rang with for quite some time, for this inn was known for its sellswords, hence why Konrad was known there. Of course he kept his eye on the stairway leading to the children's rooms.

Nor wanted to explain what was wrong and struggled because he really was panicking. He had not had a good morning and he felt not only ill but also so worried. He needed to find his crown because it proved that he was Prince Nor. "I...Ash, I cannot find my crown anywhere. And there are not even that many places to check in here so...I should have been able to find it." But he couldn't and he really needed it. "Where....where did you put yours?"

Astaroth understood easily. He was worried. That crown was precious to him. Both because it proved who he was, and because it was a memory. She sighed softly, running a hand through his hair, "In my bag. Relax Nor. Sit down. I'll have a look for it. It can't have gotten far." She assured him softly, nudging him over to the bed. He likely couldn't even remember where he'd hidden it. Or, even, where he'd already checked.

Konrad, after having drunk a lot of wine, had time to think about the siblings, he was somewhat sorry for teasing Nor but he just couldn't wrap his read around him, how was it possible for someone to forget they had lost a war?. He knew that Nor was probably looking for his crow, although he thought that anyone who needs to have a crown to prove there a prince, is no prince at all.

Nor just could not calm himself down because even while he was sitting on the bed and waiting for his sister to find his crown, he knew that she wasn't going to find it. Because, he was not able to find it anywhere at all. And she wouldn't be able to find it, either. There were not a lot of places that a crown could even be hidden there in the room. So Nor was sure that she was going to be able to find it and he sat down on the bed and waited very anxiously.

Astaroth searched everywhere. She had to wonder if perhaps Konrad had it tucked away somewhere. Still, she searched, deciding her brother calming down would help her own miserable mood. She just had to find his crown to do that. Finding the search fruitless for the moment, she went to sit beside him, "I'll have another look in a minute Nor. But... You'll always be the Prince, okay? I still have my crown. And I can tell people who you are. You don't need the crown to have proof."

Konrad was still downstairs, drinking with what he knew full well to be thieves and other criminals. They were all talking about their past exploits, many of them reliving past glories that would otherwise get them arrested then one man, who had arrived shortly before Konrad had left with the siblings, said "You wont believe what i, Jacob the master of thieves found!" as he rustled around a pouch and produced a crown and a dagger, Nor's crown and Konrads spare dagger that he left in his room, the thief went on to say how he broke into some royals home to take them when Konrad knew that he only walked upstairs. Konrad got up from his chair and rested his hand on his dagger that he had on his belt and walked over to the thief.

"Your going to give me those, right now" he said, staring at the man straight in the eyes, Jacob obviously didn't know who Konrad was and simply said "Piss off Karnovan!" in a very loud voice that echoed throughout the inn.

Ash was not helping him at all given that she had been unable to find his crown. He had known that she wasn't going to find it because he had already checked and he couldn't even remember where he had put it. This wasn't good. He didn't know why he couldn't go home...but he did remember his mother telling him that he had to keep a hold on the crown because he was going to need it at some point. And he had lost it. He had started trying to explain to his sister how he needed his own crown and her crown wasn't going to be enough for him...but then he heard someone yelling and he looked over at the door to their room which was closed.

But the yelling had been loud enough that he'd heard it anyway. "...is somebody yelling at Konrad?" He asked as he strayed from the idea of his crown at the moment.

Astaroth lifted her head as she also heard the yelling, and gave a small nod, "Wait here, I'll go have a look. Make sure he doesn't get into trouble." She told her brother softly. She ruffled his hair, and ran out the door to disappear down the stairs and poke her head around the corner to see what was happening. She really hoped Konrad hadn't made an argument. She wanted to ask him about Nor's crown after all. But, upon seeing what the man Konrad was threatening was holding, she ran over, "Those aren't yours!" She snapped at the thief, "Hand them over!"

Konrad turned to Astaroth "Nice of you to join us" he said giving a nod, then turning back to the thief "So you either loose the crown and dagger or you loose your hand" he said staring straight into the mans eyes, Jacob the thief didn't take that well and stood up to face Konrad "You think a foreigner and a little girl scare me?" he said, smirking and put a hand on the table "No, i don't expect the girl to scare you, but i should scare you, so ill say it again, give me whats mine and ill go" he said once again.

Nor decided that he should probably go down as well and see what was going on because he had heard his sister yell something as well and he did want to know what was going on. And so he got up off the bed and calmed himself down a bit more as he headed down to see just exactly what was happening. And what did he see? Well, he saw his crown and he knew that it was his crown the second that his eyes passed over it. And then he called out as well, "Wait! That is mine!" Because that was his. It was his crown.

Astaroth almost swore when she heard Nor. He should be upstairs, where he'd be safe. Not down here where there was a potential to get hurt if a fight broke out. She was definately insulted when the thief mentioned he wasn't scared of her. So, she stalked closer to him, and kicked him in a very strategic place that would hopefully hurt.

Konrad saw Astaroth kick the man as he recoiled in pain and fell onto the table, trying to lean back up "At a girl!" Konrad said in a proud voice. Konrad took the crown and dagger from the table and held aloft a drink "Gentlemen of the inn, this man has just had his senses kicked out of him by a little girl" Laughter from the inn soon followed as many of the patrons cheered Astaroth, one man even held up his cup and said "A toast for the little shield maiden!" in a excited tone, "I can drink to that" was Konrad's and many other patrons response. By this point Jacob had "walked" to the door and left.

Nor really couldn't care less about what had actually happened because what he wanted was his crown and he was quick to make his way over to Konrad so that he could grab it from him. He had really missed that crown even though it had only been a short while since he had seen it. But it was there with him now and he was quite happy about that. He then looked over at his sister and leaned in so that he could give her a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, Ash! I thought that I was not going to see my crown again." That had been a genuine fear of his.

Astaroth grinned as the man fell, glad that that had worked. Her cheeks flushed as everyone cheered for her, happy that everyone else was proud of her for doing that. Konrad apparently wasn't the only one who could fight someone off. Even if it was just a thief. And she had just kicked him. Still. Looking to Nor, she beamed at him, eyes gleaming as he thanked her and kissed her on the cheek. She hummed, "No one steals from us Nor."

Konrad smiled at the two and said "Cheers for that, Ash, and is your crown alright, Nor?" as he then turned towards the door to make sure that Jacob had left. "The food is almost ready, do you want to go back up or stay here with us?" he asked the two, noticing that the inn was becoming more lively "It'll be great, drinks all around". he wondered if Nor had forgiven him or not, he would have to wait and see.

"It's alright," he replied back when asked about his crown. And yes, looking it over, it did seem that his crown was just fine and looked as it had before. At least, he assumed it was all the same because he couldn't actually remember every little detail as to how it looked aside from the obvious. And he had other things on his mind too and looked at Konrad before looking at his sister. "Maybe...but first, Ash...why are we here again? I should like to go back home where people do not steal from me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back