• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Role play - closed

Despite her anger, hearing that Nor was in pain softened her rage. She sighed, getting up. She still had some of the substance that Konrad had given nor, and retrieved it so she could go and help him. She may be angry with him, but she would never be mad enough to not help him when he was hurting. She sat beside him, "Come on then. I'll help." She mumbled. She didn't sound happy still, more upset than anything, but she wanted to help him.

Konrad raised his eyebrow at Astaroth. He was glad she had kept the substance, not like she would throw it away. He was glad she hadn't used it in excess, he was making things last and he was proud of her for it.

Nor let his sister help him since clearly he needed the assistance. And he stayed as still as he could for her even though it really did hurt as she was putting the substance onto his back. The smallest of touches were causing him pain and discomfort. But he put up with it because he knew that it would feel better soon. Once she was done, he clung to his sister even then, wanting some comfort from her. "I am sorry for being mean to you, Ash," he apologized. "My back just hurt a lot while I was working...and walking home."

Astaroth tried to be as gentle as possible as she applied the substance into her brothers back. She was quiet as she worked. Usually she'd speak to him softly, but right now she had no idea what to say. It very much confused her when he clung to her as she finished, and surprise was clear on her face as he apologised. She sighed, "Its fine. I understand."

Konrad merely looked at the siblings, just keeping watch as he had always done. He was oddly happy and proud to hear Nor apologize, it was so out of character for him, he was much like Astaroth, he didn't really know what to say.

Nor was then quiet for a long while and it seemed that perhaps he was going to go ahead and fall asleep. But no, he then spoke up once again, seemingly having calmed himself down enough to be able to properly speak. "Can I stop working now? I really do not like it...and it makes me tired. Not to mention that a prince should not have to work."

Astaroth stayed beside her brother, hoping he'd gone to sleep. Maybe it would lighten his mood to get some sleep. But apparently he was still awake, and asking questions again. She didn't answer him, just looked to Konrad. She could work instead of Nor, but her brother would have to take over what Astaroth did in the house.

"Nah, sorry" Konrad said casually "Unfortunately we all have to work now, work makes us all tired, Nor. and....you're not a prince anymore, as cruel and heavy handed as that sounds" Konrad was blunt with what he said, he didn't want to get Nor's hopes up just to disappoint him even more.

Nor made an unhappy and irritated sound and then he once again got quiet. He didn't say anything until he spoke up once again. "But I don't want to work anymore," he replied back as he kept himself near his sister, still clinging to her. "I always get yelled at even though I don't do anything wrong..."

Astaroth let him cling to her, putting an arm around him gently. She wished he understood this all better. She shook her head, "Maybe they just want to make sure you hear them? What do they yell at you Nor?" She asked gently. She wanted to help him understand and feel better.

Konrad nodded at Nor "Aye, what did they say to you?.....people here are tough but i doubt they would yell at you for nothing" Konrad said, sitting up in his chair. He didn't really care if Nor enjoyed himself or not but he did care if someone was making a fuss over nothing.

Nor gave a little shrug of his shoulders as he continued to cling to his sister. Her embrace was comforting and he missed how his mother would sometimes hold him like that. He wondered what had even happened to her. "The owner and his wife yell at me for everything. And call me stupid of I mess up. So I don't want to work there anymore. I would rather just stay here because they are mean."

Astaroth was glad she could offer comfort to her brother in the form of their embrace, but she did wish he didn't have to suffer like this. Despite her anger, she knew this wasn't where Nor belonged. He hadn't adapted like Astaroth had. He didn't understand the need. She hummed softly and smoothed his hair, before she looked at Konrad, "I...I could take over his job." She offered. She'd have to do more work after, to clean up the house, but she was sure she could manage.

"Hmmm, that's nice of you to offer, Ash.....i could go talk to them, don't know if they would listen to a dirty foreigner like myself though" Konrad said, readjusting himself in his chair. He wasn't really surprised to hear that Astaroth had offered to take Nor's job, she had always been the charitable soul after all.

Nor had once again gone silent before speaking up, his voice soft as he seemed to be close to falling asleep. "No, never mind...don't take over my job. You'll get tired then." That might have perhaps been the nicest thing that Nor had ever said. "I'll keep working. Even if they are really mean to me...." Very mean to him.

Astaroth blinked in pure surprise as her brother told her not to, actually seeming concerned for her. It was sweet of him, and it surprised her that he actually had thought about how it would affect her. She shook her head, “But you aren’t happy there Nor.” She said softly, turning her head to peer at him.

Konrad had to take a double take when Nor said that. He leaned to Astaroth "You heard him say that too, right?" Konrad said in a semi serious tone "But aye, if you're not happy then its not going to be worth it" Konrad said, looking at Nor, feeling slightly sympathetic for him.

"It's fine," Nor replied back. He was hiding his face in a pillow and speaking in a soft voice, made even softer due to the pillow muffling him. Clearly, he was very tired after his long day at work. "But we need money and they will be just as mean to Ash. Actually, they will probably be even meaner because she is a girl," Nor mused in his soft voice. He sounded like he was going to fall asleep at any moment. "Hey, Ash...whatever happened to mother?"

Astaroth gave a soft smile when he showed that he’d thought about how they’d treat her, but shook her head, “I could handle it Nor.” She told him softly, shaking her head. She would rather he was happy. Stilling at the mention of their mother, she bit her lip. He’d told them not to remind him of what happened, but he deserved to know about their mother. Though...Astaroth didn’t know anything either, “I don’t know Nor.”

Konrad didn't answer Nor's question, although he was surprised to hear Nor's concern for his sister, perhaps he was changing for the better......perhaps. He lay back in his chair "I think....Its time for you to get some sleep, Nor" Konrad said, standing up and looking at Astaroth.

"Alright...but really, I was just wondering what happened to her because I haven't seen her in awhile...or father, for that matter." He really hadn't seen either of them in a very long time and was starting to wonder what could have happened. Maybe they were just gone for whatever reason. Ash didn't seem to know where they had gone. "I'm going to sleep now. Nobody bother me."

Astaroth nodded to him when he told them to not disturb him. Once she was sure he was asleep, or at least hoping he was, she got up and moved over to Konrad, sitting back at the table and rubbing at her eyes. She was tired, but she felt this needed discussing first, “I...I don’t know what to do Konrad. He’s not happ but.... he doesn’t want me to take his place at his work. I could do it, I know I could. I... I want him to be happy.” None of them had any reason to be happy, but Astaroth would love to see her brother smile again.

Konrad sighed and placed a hand on Astaroth's shoulder "I don't know either, Ash. Get some sleep, clear your head and then think stuff through, trust me, never want to do anything without having slept" Konrad said, pointing at a scar on his forehead and smirking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back