• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Role play - closed

Ash sniffled against his shoulder, holding back tears. They'd almost died. Would have, if the others in the inn hadn't decided to help Konrad. But she didn't want to cry. No one else was crying, and she wanted to be strong. Still, she kept hugging her brother despite this, and nodded slightly as he admitted he was confused, "Y-You're always confused Nor." She said softly, "W-What you confused about now?" She asked gently, not bothering to lift her head and look at him

Konrad was still busy cleaning himself up, the blood was now matting his long hair, but that was the least of his concerns, he was bleeding from a lot of places. He had gotten one of his less damaged arms cleaned and bandaged, and set to work on the other, some of the inn goers where helping with his legs.

"...never mind," Nor replied back as he just let his sister keep hugging him. He didn't explain why he was confused because it seemed that his sister was really...afraid at the moment. Or maybe she was just disturbed. He wasn't sure. Either way, he didn't want to bother her and so he would just keep his confusion for awhile longer while his sister hugged him.

Astaroth nodded quietly. Usually she'd ask again, but right now she just wanted to hold Nor. It was the reassurance that he was okay that really calmed her down. After a few minutes she pulled away a little. "Sorry." She mumbled. She felt stupid for needing comfort when Konrad was injured right now and the place was a mess. She should be helping, not being weak.

Konrad was making fast progress with his wounds, his arms and chest where basically clean and bandaged, it was the stab in his leg that was the problem, it was bleeding a lot and cleaning and bandaging it was hard. "Loot the bodies then bury them" he said as he looked in the siblings direction.

"It's alright," he replied to his sister as he gave her a genuine, little smile. But Nor then turned to look at Konrad. "Yoi had better not be expecting me to help clean up. Washing dishes is one thing and touching all of that blood is another thing entirely." A thing which he wanted to avoid because he had no desire to touch something that was so messy.

Astaroth gave Nor the tiniest smile back, and stayed close to him as he spoke to Konrad. She very much hoped that Konrad didn't expect either of them to be looting or burying the bodies. Nor wouldn't touch it with a barge pole if you gave him all the reasons in the world, and Astaroth wasn't keen either, unless she absolutely had to.

Konrad was very focused on his leg wound, and after a lot of bloody rags, a hot iron and a heavy liquor he was up on his feet, albeit limping a bit. He gestured for the inn goers to start the looting. He made his way over the bodies but stopping to pull his dagger out of the mans chest "I'll be needing that later" he said to the corpse.

Nor stayed in the room and far away from the blood, entertaining himself by looking out the window. It seemed that even more snow was coming down now. "Are we going to leave here now?" Nor asked his sister as he looked over at her and then he looked away once again and out the window.

Astaroth stayed very close to Nor, and gave a tiny nod of her head, "I...I hope so? I don't think it'd be safe here...Especially when whomever sent those soldiers realises they're missing." She pointed out softly, "I don't want to stay here Nor..." she mumbled softly, pressing herself lightly against his side.

"I suppose we have to, they'll realize their soldiers are missing" Konrad looked towards Astaroth and Nor "Just give me a moment...oh, and we'll have to find some winter clothes, luckily those soldiers had some...just have to clean them and possibly sew them back together"

"Can we just go back home now? I mean...I am tired of not being at home. Let's just go back." Nor had said earlier that he was confused about why they couldn't go back to the place that he had called home since he had been old enough to talk. Given that he had forgotten during that earlier battle everything that had happened to land them in that situation...again.

Astaroth was glad that they were leaving, but didn't particularly want to take clothes off of dead men. It came to mind the idea that one of them could be playing dead, which made her even more wary. She continued to stick with Nor, "We can't Nor...These people, the ones who attacked us... Their leaders are looking for us. And they've probably taken over our home by now."

"Yep, all three of our heads would be on pikes by now..." he said as he turned to some other inn goers and gestured towards the bodies, "Well, get looting!" he stated as he the then turned back to Nor, "We cant go home, none of us can"

Nor sighed as he looked over at his sister and then at Konrad. "Well I for one am already fed up with living like this. I'm not made for this sort of..life. Maybe if I go back and explain the situation...then I can fix everything." This seemed to be Nor's best idea that he had and he was so proud of it that he actually said it out loud.

Astaroth stared at him and shook her head, "They'd kill you before you could utter a word Nor! D-Don't... Please don't leave me?" She asked softly, peering up at him from his side. She hoped that her begging that she needed him would change his mind, that he wouldn't pursue that stupid idea.

Konrad buried his face in his hands "If you tried that Nor, you would be killed" he said in an fed up tone "They would kill you, me and Ash, without a second thought" he said as he looked Nor straight in the eyes "If they wanted to just talk, then why would they send soldiers armed to the teeth?"

"I don't want to leave you," Nor said to his sister as he gave a shake of his head. "Why would I want to leave you? You are...one of the only people who are actually nice to me." He then looked at Konrad. "You on the other hand are being very rude...again. Don't talk to me in that tone of voice. Maybe they came armed because they know that you are a manic and probably would have attacked them even if they just wanted to talk."

Astaroth was relieved to hear that he wasn't about to just leave without her. That at least assured her that he wouldn't try and sneak back home. She nodded, remaining right at his side. She knew Konrad was right, that they'd probably have sent unarmed, peaceful men to talk to them. She shook her head to Nor, "He has a point Nor. How would they even know Konrad was with us? For all they know, its just you and me."

Konrad nodded his head "He has a fair point, i am "well known" back in my homeland", this was one of the few times that Nor brought up a feasible point, in Konrad's mind at least. "Still, we need to be heading out soon.....life just got a lot harder"

Nor didn't respond back to his sister and also didn't respond back to Konrad at that moment. He was still thinking even though he knew that he was bad at thinking. He just didn't want to keep running around. "I don't even understand why they want to kill me or find me or whatever. I'm not important anymore...nobody would listen to me anyway if I was a ruler."

Astaroth frowned at Nor's decision, "You're important to me." She huffed, "And clearly you're important to them. They don't really know you Nor. And... They probably want to make sure that we can't create some form of rebellion against them." She told him quietly, glancing at Konrad

Konrad met Astaroths glance, "True, people who want to rebel would be bolstered by the presence of a surviving royal. Your very important" he said as he glanced to Nor "The people at this inn don't care, they're just trying to survive....but the people out there will either want you back on the throne or on a pike"

Nor sighed in a rather dramatic way as if he'd just had to go through an incredibly exhausting conversation. "But I don't even want to form a rebellion. Not really, at least. I don't want the throne, either. And if going home is just going to be even harder than finding somewhere else to live, then I would rather find somewhere else to live. You know...forget about all of this. So next time I forget, nobody remind me."

Astaroth gave him a sad look when he told them not to remind him next time he forgot. She gave him a tiny nod. She really didn't like it when he forgot such things, but if he really wanted to forget about this then that was his choice. She glanced at Konrad, and sighed. They'd won, technically, against Nor returning home and possibly getting killed. But... It didn't really feel like a win at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back