• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One The Chosen Ones [[Closed]]

lythari_by_shyndree.jpg

images.jpg

Anaharae
74012-large-278439.jpg

Anaharae keeps her eyes closed as she hears Sayviel calling back to her. She laughs lightly to herself, shaking her head as she sinks deeper into the water. "Maybe you wont be so bad after all, Sayviel." She mutters quietly.

After Anaharae takes her time to wash her hair and body, she climbs out and reaches for a towel. She wraps the soft white thing around her body, walking back into the room that they were both sleeping in. Anaharae looks over to Sayviel, not moving as she analyzes her face. For the first time since she'd met her, Sayviel didn't look so... burdened and cold. She decides not to say anything, not wanting to disturb her, and simply reaches for a night gown. She drops her towel to the floor, since she's never really been shy, and begins to put on her night time clothing.

f3327b0e.jpg

Lythari.png

code by pasta

No longer feeling like her veins were filled with molten iron, Sayviel withdrew from the connection with the wellspring. It was like waking slowly each time she ended a meditation without being at full strength, her mind taking its time to catch up to alertness. When she opened her eyes, it took a moment for it to register in her brain that she was staring at Anaharae as she was dressing. She tried to shut down the part of her brain that was appreciating her fellow chosen's figure; she really didn't need the distraction now of all times. Rising from the bed and stretching, she wordlessly retreated to take her own bath. Training had solidified the seriousness of their task, and she brooded on the matter even as she took her time soaking in the warm water. There was a very real chance that they could die fighting, and she couldn't help questioning why she should be risking her life for those who would never do the same for her. Yes, there was going to be glory..."Is this worth it?" she questioned aloud, her hand touching the mark on her chest.

Sayviel was conflicted, but this was her chance at greatness. She couldn't let fear stop her from her destiny and showing her parents that on her own she had surpassed their meager influence. After bandaging her still healing shoulder, the sorceress made sure that her hair was only the purest of white before stepping out in the room she shared with Anaharae. Even just dressed in her night clothes and preparing for the end of the night with only the two of them present, she had taken great pains to look as flawless as she could. Just in case some important dignitary decided to drop by. Sayviel was the sort who would care what she looked like prior to a battle just so the image of her elegant public persona would be immortalized. "Are you ready?" she asked, her voice and gaze back to being aloof.

lythari_by_shyndree.jpg

images.jpg

Anaharae
74012-large-278439.jpg

Once Anaharae pulls her night gown on, she turns around to see Sayviel stretching. "Oh, I was going to tell you that I was out, but you seemed a little... preoccupied." She says, climbing into her bed as she watches the woman walk into the bathroom. Anaharae sighs, staring up at the ceiling and knowing that she needed to pay attention during each moment of her training. Even if she was the strongest and most advanced one from her village, she didn't know what kind of foes she would face when she started her fight. Although, she felt confident that her and Sayviel working together would prove to be very strong.

Anaharae gets lost in her thoughts, barely noticing when Sayviel enters the room. Her question is what pulls her out of her own mind, and she looks over to her. "Ready? For the battles?" She thinks for a moment. She wanted to blurt out 'yes', but if she was being honest, she wasn't sure. "I hope so." Is all that she says before letting her eyes linger over the woman's hair, face, and attire. "Why do you always look so... put together? Don't you ever just relax?" She asks, not knowing how someone could put so much effort into their appearance. It would drain her, for sure.

f3327b0e.jpg

Lythari.png

code by pasta

94c17f03f759e170bcc89d4c5d95fd62367d77fa_hq.jpg
Her brow arched upwards at the answer she received. Hope so? That was not as reassuring as she had been wanting, but it had sounded like an honest one at least. "I do hope that becomes more of a solid answer before our training ends. As loathe as I am to admit it, I will be requiring your strength to maintain some measure of distance from our foes in combat."

Sayviel moved to her bed and pulled back the sheets, lying down comfortably. "A lady must always look her best for opportunity doesn't warn before it knocks upon her door," she parroted her mother's words with no hesitation after Anaharae questioned her need to appear so neat and tidy. "Beauty is a weapon if properly utilized, both for battle and the game of high society. Hesitation in either arena is a fatal mistake." She leaned on her elbow as she turned to face Anaharae, deciding to indulge in conversation since there was little else pressing at the moment. "You speak as if that concept is a foreign one for you."

lythari_by_shyndree.jpg

images.jpg

Anaharae
74012-large-278439.jpg

Anaharae listens to Sayviel talk, wondering for a moment what her childhood must have been like. Her behavior had to be some sort of reflection of her parents teachings, she guessed. She turns towards her, propping herself up on her elbow as well, a little surprised that Sayviel was engaging with her. "Well, it kind of is," she begins, "where I am from, looks don't mean much. It's all about who is the most powerful, who is the most knowledgeable. You may be beautiful, but if you're weak, then that is all that matters." She thinks about her days in her village, waking up and throwing on her armor. She never spent any time working on her hair, she'd just been used to throwing it up into a knot if she needed it out of her face. "Did your parents teach you that? That you need to be... perfect?" She raises an eyebrow, realizing that that is in fact what Sayviel seemed to be going for-- perfection.

f3327b0e.jpg

Lythari.png

code by pasta

Sayviel seemed to think the other elf's words over, weighing the pro and cons of such a society. The fact that they favored strength and knowledge equally was interesting, and she doubted that there was much of a political game in her village since strength and knowledge were quantitative. How...refreshingly simple, she had to admit. "Your elite are chosen based on merit rather than political ties..I can appreciate a society like that." It certainly would have been a completely different world for Sayviel; she would have been free to solely pursue her passions without the additional pressures to keep appearances in check.

"Yes, they did instill the value of accepting nothing less of one's self. If you seem perfect, then you seem to have no weaknesses to exploit." She recalled for a brief bitter moment a time before she had so fully embraced the perfectionism her family had demanded, of having actually been a warm and eager friend. What a fool she'd been to be so weak. "As you explained the society you were raised in, I'm sure you understand weakness as unacceptable."

lythari_by_shyndree.jpg

images.jpg

Anaharae
74012-large-278439.jpg

Thinking about her own parents, Anaharae thought about how warm and loving they'd been. They were both very smart, and were well liked in the village. It came as a surprise when Anaharae's strengths were physical instead of mental, like her other siblings. She couldn't imagine living with parents who wanted you to be so... cold. For a moment, it makes her sad for Sayviel. She knew that the woman was strong, she could see that, but she lacked the real life connections and relationships that she needed to truly be happy. "Yes, I understand that, but... you should relax more often." She knows that the woman will only protest her words, so she goes on to say "We will be fighting to save peoples lives... to save all of elven society. People do not expect you to look perfect. I do not expect you to look perfect." She had only just met the woman, but something inside of her wanted to make her happy.

f3327b0e.jpg

Lythari.png

code by pasta

Sayviel shifted her position slightly, vivid blue eyes seeking out those of the girl legends said she would eventually marry. They were still wrong, of course. "On the contrary, Anaharae, they especially expect us to be perfect. We are going to be their idols, paragons for generations to come. If I look completely unruffled, confident, and strong then they will have a peace of mind that we can succeed. They will have equal amounts of confidence in our abilities which may come as a boon for our travels later on." There was a bitterness in her voice; Sayviel had given in to devoting herself to this cause even when she knew that the elven people would never truly appreciate the sacrifices that she made. "History will look back and pick apart our flaws; I want them to have as little to go on as possible."

She shook her head a little, snowy hair brushing against her pale cheek. "You don't have expectations of me yet because you don't know me. Or at least you aren't aware of your subconscious expectations. Just give it time." Again that bitterness was rising to the surface. To be truthful, Sayviel was still trying to pin down the girl's attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back