• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

KingofAesir

Ghostly Presence
THEY GAVE US HOPE

"WARNING: COURSE INTERRUPT ; COLLISION IMMINENT ; CRYO_THAW IN PROGRESS. WARNING: COURSE INTERRUPT ; COLLISION IMMINENT ; CRYO_THAW IN PROGRESS. WARNING: COURSE INTERRUPT ; COLLISION IMMINENT ; CRYO_THAW IN PROGRESS. WARNING: COURSE INTERRUPT ; COLLISION IMMINENT ; CRYO_THAW .... COMPLETE."

Clck! KSHHHHH!

“What the-'' Captain Erixa Anahi’s first words in the Genesis galaxy were interrupted by the blaring sound of the ship's automated alarm shouting warnings. The captain was quick to her feet, stumbling out of the now open cryopod. The cryo-bay of the Hope was completely dark, flashing red warning lights, her only guide down the long, pod-lined hallway. The faces of sleeping colonists flashed briefly red from the lights through the glass windows of their pods, seeming almost menacing to the captain as she passed them in blurs. They might as well have been stone statues in their current state but the captain couldn’t help but imagine those closed eyes watching her, pleading with her to save them. Save them. Erixa lost her footing on weak legs and stumbled into a pod. When she looked up at the face of the man inside, his eyes were wide open, mouth agape as if was screaming. The captain fell backwards, frightened at the sight, but when she blinked he was still again as if nothing had happened. Captain Anahi shook her head, a side-effect of the abrupt thaw. Must be. They’d talked about that in her briefings, hadn’t they? How being asleep for years, centuries, could mess with a person's head. Right, that had to be it, just side-effects. Erixa forced herself back up off the ground, wobbly legs carrying her down the flashing hall again. Into the pit.

“Ego, what the hell is going on?” The doors to the bridge of the ship flew open with a resounding “whoosh!” and Erixa rushed through them. The bridge was as dark as the cryo bay had been, flashing red lights illuminating only second long glimpses to the deep space outside. The AI didn’t answer.

“Ego! Answer me!” The captain bolted to a console, running her hands over every switch and button she could find, it lit up. Erixa’s hands moved with precise, fluid skill across the holographic interface. The ship had hit something, the residential area had taken a hard hit and it looked like there was a hole in the hull. The captain thought back to all those thousands of sleeping faces and sucked in a deep breath of air. They hadn’t left the home just to die, they could’ve done that just as well in the Milky Way. They’d come here to survive. To live, and to hell if she was going to let any one of them not realize that dream.

“EGO!” The lights blinked and then flared on. The captain blinked away the sudden change as her eyes adjusted, and what she was met with knocked the breath out of her lungs. “By the stars-” The Hope was drifting in the view of an orange dwarf, a planet that looked almost entirely covered in green in orbit in front of her. This was it. They’d found something, there was a chance this could be home. There was hope.

“Collision is no longer imminent, Captain. We have escaped a rather dense cluster of meteors. I was briefly taken offline.” Ego’s robotic voice floated through the speakers and Erixa breathed a deep sigh of relief.

“Where-how long has it been?” The captain questioned the AI.

“It is normal to be disoriented and confused after cryo-sleep. It has been eight hundred and thirteen years since you left the Milky Way, the year is three thousand and seventy-six , we appear to have landed in a completely new galaxy. I’ve named this solar system the Arnia Expanse, as per the request of the Armaranth Corporation.” Ego rattled off the info it deemed necessary and quieted once again. Erixa leaned on her hands against the console in front of her.

“Eight hundred- damn. I’m old as shit.” The captain laughed shortly before pushing herself up again and going to work. There were errors everywhere. Damaged cryo-pods. Complete blocks that couldn’t be opened.

“Ego, I can’t wake my team, what’s going on?”

“Apologies, Captain, but I’m afraid there are too many damaged areas of the cryo bay to open much of the pods. We were lucky you were able to be woken at all.”

“Who can I wake then? If not my people?”

“It appears that the only colony team that can be woken at this present moment is…Janus.”

“Fucking hell. Only one? They're going to have to be enough.” The captain ran a hand down her face, “Okay, okay, wake them up and tell them to get their asses to the bridge stat. We have a planet to scout.” Erixa turned back toward the view. This planet, this first one, they would call it Elpis. Captain Anahi had always had a fondness for the Greeks and their myths, Elpis, the spirit of hope. The spirit that would be the only thing driving any of them for years to come. Yes, that would be a fitting name.

In the cryo bay, several pods were being warmed and opened one-by-one and Ego was there to greet them all. These people, members of Colony Team Janus, another Greek name, a god of duality of change, had been brought here with the mission to find a home for their block. Since the cryo pods of a majority of the other teams were unable to be opened, Janus’ job had just gotten exponentially more important.

“Good morning, Janus. Welcome.” Ego’s voice would be the first thing they heard, “Captain Anahi has requested the presence of all of you on the bridge with haste, if you are feeling ill, please use the waste disposals in your pods as to not dirty the floors. Thank you, stars blessings.”

They were here. They’d made it. Now it was the hard part.

Welcome to.....

GENESIS.

AND LEFT US ALONE

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
THEY GAVE US HOPE

"O Space and Time and stars at strife,
How dreadful your infinity!"

The scars that marred the Hope were digging into the psyche of the crew. Ego was trying desperately to keep the oppressive pressure of this strange space at bay, its force fields moving in and out, in and out, like they were breathing. It had once been thought that space was empty, a void filled with the overwhelming presence of nothing at all. But this was far from the truth, space held vast amounts of gasses and radioactive elements, not to mention the forever moving space debris. Parts of the Hope that had been stripped away by its collision course had now joined this space debris and could be seen getting lost in the distance, forever moving forward.

The newly awoken crew moved on, passing through the rest of the residential bay until they arrived at the bridge where Captain Anahi was inspecting a map of the cryo bay on one screen, the pods that still held those sleeping lighting up different colors for different status’. They were all yellow, save for a few green areas of the ship. Anahi didn’t notice Janus’ arrival at first, preoccupied with speaking with Ego.

“Ego, the Virtus block, what’s the issue?” She questioned, zooming in to a block of fifteen pods still lit up green. Virtus was a military block, meant to serve as a militia on the Hope until the entire project found a better foothold in this new galaxy.

“Apologies, Captain, there are mechanical issues in the Virtus block. While the members are fine, their pods have short-circuited and sealed shut by an impact. It will take a while for me to be able to fix them and others like them, even with your assistance.” The sound of cameras whirring as they turned toward the members af Janus standing at the entrance of the bridge broke the silence afterward, “In the meantime, Janus has arrived.” Anahi turned toward them, expression flat.

“Hello, hope you all had a good nap because we’re going straight out of the bag and into the frying pan. As Ego probably already told you, we crashed into a damned meteor and now you’ve gotta get out there and find us somewhere to live before this whole ship goes dark.” Erixa crossed her arms over her chest and gave Janus a wayward grin, “Your ship’s in the loading bay,” She inclined her head toward a ladder just before the bridge leading down, “no pressure.” She chuckled to herself.

“Anyway, I’ll be in touch. The planet in front of us, Elpis I think we’ll call it, is our first priority. The scans can’t tell us much from up here, it’s big, bigger than Earth and Ego thinks there may be water. Alright then, get fucking moving. The Asteria and Helix should be green for go.” Somewhere above them Ego made a noise that almost sounded like a sigh of disdain.

Down the ladder, the bottom of the ship opened up into a rather large hangar bay. There were at least thirteen separate scouting vessels sitting dormant, among them the Asteria colored with the blue and silver of the project, an insignia on its starboard and port sides depicting a two-faced man indicating it’s belonging to Janus. Lights on the floor lit up as the first few of the crew stepped onto the hangar floor, leading them to their ship, probably the work of Ego. Each ship had a hatch like door in front of them, meant to open and eject a ship like an escape pod but also to open and facilitate returns. The Asteria was the only ship with its exit port lit up, ready for ejection.

The crew would enter through the port side air lock and onto the Asteria’s bridge which housed the pilots area as well as a respective seat for a navigator and the captain. The rest of the crew would spread out to other areas, a lab, the engine room, a canteen, med bay, support module, mission deck, and crew bunks. The Asteria’s hyper-active AI was very obviously excited to see them.

“HELLO, JANUS.” A computer shouldn’t be able to sound so excited but Helix had never been a normal AI, “Apologies, didn’t mean to be so loud. My speaker systems may need to be adjusted. But, I’m happy to welcome you to your new home for the time being. It’s pretty okay, there’s even a coffee maker.” A holographic ball popped up from a table in the middle of the mission deck, a projected form for Helix. It lit up when the AI spoke.

“There’s several areas on the ship where I can make myself appear like so, Ego can’t even do that. I can also project things like maps and blueprints.” The projection morphed into a rail pistol, took itself apart to show the innards, and then proceeded to put itself back together again and turn back into a ball.

“Anywho, up up and away!”

AND LEFT US ALONE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back