• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Children of Eden || Monsters & Mechs

Okay I'll make the CS thread shortly
Then we can discuss partnerships today
Everyone should post a bit about their ideal mech type

I can be fairly versatile in my role with a mech. So i'm not picky, I just have to decide which of my characters would best fit the rest of the group.

Entity gave me some ideas as well. What do you all think of an ID number system where everyone at EDEN refers to the characters as IDs instead of their actual names?

Quoting this because I kinda want feedback on this idea still. (Regardless of if it's immediately shut down)

Quoting this because I kinda want feedback on this idea still. (Regardless of if it's immediately shut down)
I wouldn’t be opposed to it, it’ll add to the “soldier” feel of the RP.

I was once in an RP where one of our members was skilled enough with photoshop to actually make us personalized IDs. So if anyone is capable of doing so I think it’d be really cool! Here’s the ID
full

What about callsigns? Like nicknames or code names?
I feel like nicknames could already be implemented, since for the most part they’re usually just preferred names. If you mean something like an assigned alias, I bet that would go well with the assigned IDs.

I wouldn’t be opposed to it, it’ll add to the “soldier” feel of the RP.

I was once in an RP where one of our members was skilled enough with photoshop to actually make us personalized IDs. So if anyone is capable of doing so I think it’d be really cool! Here’s the ID
full

I feel like nicknames could already be implemented, since for the most part they’re usually just preferred names. If you mean something like an assigned alias, I bet that would go well with the assigned IDs.
That’s exactly what I’m talking about, it’s like rainbow six siege or somthing.

WIP

Entity.Eclypse
RUDOLPH WRIGHT

"No. That's a stupid idea."

Basic

Name : Rudolph Wright [Roo-dolf Rite]

Appearance: Rudolph is not the tallest of individuals, a hair below six feet. He cuts a somewhat lean figure despite the healthy presence of muscle. While he may not win the iron man competitions of yesteryear, his time at EDEN has filled him out adequately enough.

A short mess of wavy brown hair crowns his face, and his brown eyes betray the cynicism through the prominent skeptical stare coupled with his notorious frown. While not the kindest looking chap in town, he is not so intimidating that people would avoid him on the street.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Nationality: USA

Birth Date: February 4

Deeper Info

Personality: Rudolph is a fairly cynical young man. Coupled with his temper, he normally comes off as not very friendly. He is often quick to criticize and has little patience for drama and stupidity. Arguing with him without good reason is a good way to get on his bad side. That said, Rudolph truly is a reasonable fellow, and is not a butthole because it is fun. No, his criticisms come from a desire to understand and make things better. While he may sound mean spirited, he really does care about the world and the people in it.

Despite his aggressive personality, Rudolph is perfectly sociable, and can be just as friendly and sociable as anyone else (so long as no one is pushing his buttons). He likes to discuss ideas and is supporting of peoples dreams and ambitions. Yeah, he might criticize them sometimes, but it is also to get you to think. A bit of devil's advocacy can go a long way.

Rudy is independent and self reliant, and while he has no problem following a competent leader that has earned his respect, he is not afraid to speak out against bad ideas. Should the need arise, he has no problem bringing out a take charge attitude. He encourages people to think and better themselves, and won't think twice about helping his companions. (Unless it is something stupid.)

Morality: Rudolph is a man who believes in evil. There are evil people in the world, just as there are good. Sure as there is varying shades of everything in between. When it comes to morality, he is the type of person to follow his gut. If something feels like its bad… that's probably because it is.

Motivation: Rudolph is a practical man, and tries to have practical dreams. Who would not be motivated by survival? Beyond that... it is hard to say. I suppose it boils down to he wants things to thrive. For all here to live a peaceful and happy and productive life. Too common of a dream? Too simple? Too boring? Well if you want to get down deeper, to the an answer that he would not even admit to himself... He wants to be people can look up to or lean on. He really does have a desire to lift people up, even if his personality doesn't make this evident.

Etiquette: Morality is not be the defining force of his character. Mostly because there are bigger issues to handle. Namely, the monsters. While he could argue about philosophy, one of his main priorities is protecting those he is trusted to protect. Not just the civilians, but his teammates too.

Attitude: A very determined young man, one who has never had any problems taking the initiative. While he isn't always the most sensitive, you can generally count on him to follow protocol. And though he doesn't mind breaking it out of necessity, he is well aware that some of the rules on the books are there for a reason.

Outlook on Life: Understanding. While he wishes things could be more peaceful for himself, and he hopes he can have it someday. Rudolph is the kind of guy who can make due. Sometimes making the best of things is all that you can do. But that doesn't mean he won't complain about it.

Perception: Rudy is by all means a realist. “The glass is there, it has water in it. Now what should I do with it?”

Standpoint: Sonder. An odd word. Meaning the feeling of being aware that those around you are living lives just like you. Just as vivid and real to them as your life is to you. In this sense, Rudolph does not believe that he is anything important. With such a grand scale of the things that are at stake, he knows he is only a small facet of the collective, yet responsible for many. It's daunting, at times. To think about. But someone needs to be there to do the job that needs to be done.

Philosophy: “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ” - General George S. Patton

Taboos: Suicide.

Backstory

History: Born to a blue collar family in the state of Rhode Island, USA, Rudolph grew up in the coastal town of Quahog. He lead a relatively normal and happy life despite not having a lot. At the age of 10, the inspections inevitably came to the area, where EDEN found that the young Rudolph was compatible.

While it was a tearful goodbye, it wasn't anything like the horror stories some people tell. Even at his young age, Rudolph knew how important this was. So he resolved himself to be strong for them and that he would be safe.

With that departure, Rudolph was taken to the EDEN facilities. To contiNuevo his education and training for mech operations.

Rudolph proved to be a smart and adaptable lad, all the better that he was determined compatible as a navigator.

He met his eventual partner years later, though it wasn't until they passing 17 that they were paired together by EDEN as partners

Partner

Partner: Abigail Carlyle

Mech: XM-25 Patriot, a.k.a. “Duke”

Here you'll detail your mech type after conferring with your partner. Remember that though your mech is unique and special it's still apart of a squad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back