• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Chaos Crew

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.

20160317123235!Chaos.png

The City of Eden is perfect.

The economy is growing.

The laws are obeyed.

The civilians are peaceful.

The superheroes that keep watch are strong and kind.

It's disgusting.

Welcome to Eden, scumbag. They think their city is safe from being turned into rubble, they think their houses safe from being burned to the ground, they think their lives safe from being toyed with for your amusement. They thought wrong.

You want to join The Chaos Crew, one of many rival underground "cape" gangs in Eden. Capes are those gifted with powers beyond the normal human abilities and become superheroes and sacrifice their lives for the good and protection of others. Hoods, on the other hand, well, that's you, passing up goody-two-shoes charity for destruction and violence and mayhem, oh my! You have powers and you just want to have fun, and you hear that the Chaos Crew is one of the up-and-coming underdogs in the subversive supervillain arena. And the Takeover Games are coming, and you're a hot contender.

Setting things on fire with your eye lasers? Piece of cake!

Building mega-robot armies to assault the good guys' headquarters? Too easy!

Overwriting civilian minds with dog brains? Hilarious!

Blending into the normal human populace? Ha, as if!

The Takeover Games are a winner-take-all showdown between gangs of Hoods (Villains), Capes (Heroes), and the Innocent Townsfolk Collateral. Your goal? Utter domination of the city, eradication of the Capes, and rulership of Eden itself. Good luck, you lowlife!

So, an idea for a roleplay I've had for a while now, then had it cemented into my brain while reading Worm (a fantastic web serial, recommend 10/10). The plot is pretty basic at this point: You're a bad guy and you know it, might as well have fun with it. You can be anywhere on the morality scale; from a heartless killer who wants to watch the world burn to a "misunderstood" Cape antihero who just happens to fall into the wrong crowd to make yourself known. Powers are wide and varied, you can make up your own, no limits. However, I will be vetting your characters for originality and personality, there will be no hesitation in rejecting "I work alone and have power over darkness and shadows and goth music"-type characters, crawl out of the villain stereotypes and bring us your baddest!

Welcome to the Chaos Crew!

MikkiAli said:

Sounds interesting!

:D
[QUOTE="Veirrianna Valentine]I may join, up in the air =P

[/QUOTE]
thegreathero said:
I'm interested! how do we sign up?
Spinoceratopsrex said:
Sounds interesting
vvamavi said:
Very clever RP idea! I may join as well!
[QUOTE="tomato modest]ah yes. this is nice.

[/QUOTE]
Urbanliner said:
Interested.
Hey guys, thanks for all the interest, I wasn't expecting this many replies this quickly :D I haven't made the RP thread yet, so there's no link to send out. But feel free to ask question about what you want to see in the RP, what kind of powers/skills you want to try using (not everyone has a "power" per se, some are just really good at blowing stuff up in a creative way :3)

So far, I have 3 categories of "power" your character can have, with some pros and cons for each:

Tech-ers: Capes who rely on equipment and technology to do their job, such as piloting robot suits, creating android partners, and wielding transforming weapons, just to name a few. Don't necessarily have powers in and of themselves, and those that do usually have some enhancement that makes it easier to build or use their creations. They are only limited by what they can create. Villains with freeze rays and Godzilla-bots fit here.

-Pros: Most widespread possibilities, can change what they do and how they do it on an almost daily basis.

-Cons: Requires some preparations and materials, can't make something from nothing.

Casters: Capes who can control some element of nature or science. Specifically, casters draw on an outside source of power to use as their abilities. Manipulating elements such as fire or air, twisting gravity to make an opponent heavier or an ally levitate, creating energy constructs to use as forcefields and weapons, these are all examples of caster powers. Their abilities all have a specific source that they must either be near or be able to create in order form stronger powers, e.g. a certain fire caster must have a lit match or lighter to amplify, another energy caster must be in sunlight, etc. This is where your evil wizards and maniacal pyromaniacs are going to fit in.

-Pros: Versatile and multi-purpose, useful in nearly any situation.

-Cons: Can be crippled if source is removed or blocked, generally weaker than other capes but has the most immediate options.

Modders: Capes whose powers lie within modifications in their own bodies, generally a mutation or an enhancement. The ability of flight through having a lighter-than-air body, having an enhanced mind for telekinesis and telepathy, shape-shifting your body into a tentacled monster, these are a few modder capabilities. Their limits are only defined by their endurance, they can keep going for as long as they can take a beating. Each can usually be enhanced by something that affects the body, e.g. growing larger muscles by eating, using glasses to strengthen laser vision, etc. This category also covers "creature manipulation" (using telepathy to control a certain animal/type of animal) and shape-shifting. This is what you label your mutant monsters and muscular strong-men

Pros: Typically the strongest types of heroes/villains, since they can focus all of their strength on a single area.

Cons: Rather "one-trick-ponies", they usually only have a single power that they are forced to adapt to all situations.

Most heroes only have 1 category of power, though a few have much weaker 2nd categories that augment their 1st one (Augment only, must be related to main power. No one will be like "I have control of darkness AND I can transform into an electric guitar." xD )

Last edited by a moderator:
@Veirrianna Valentine @tomato modest @Urbanliner

Alright, I'm going to put together the thread then, if we have this many interested people. Still wanna hear some chatter in here, anything you guys want to see added into this or any questions about the setting? I'd like to get some feedback before I put it all together so I can make sure I didn't forget any important details you guys are expecting. :)

So just to clarify, would characters have to "audition" in the RP before they're technically in the gang? Or would the audition kinda just go with character sheets and applications? Also, are you building the setting of Eden through pics and stuff, or should we just picture another modern-day city instead?

vvamavi said:
So just to clarify, would characters have to "audition" in the RP before they're technically in the gang? Or would the audition kinda just go with character sheets and applications? Also, are you building the setting of Eden through pics and stuff, or should we just picture another modern-day city instead?
It's going to be assumed that your characters are already accepted into the Crew, newbie recruits as it were. Was part of another RP that had in-game auditions, it didn't make it much farther than that, so I'm going to skip the tedious pre-action chat and get straight to the good stuff. So, pitching character concepts here or in the OOC (once I officially make the thread public, still working on some details) is going to be expected, since I'll be approving your characters, or at least the ideas behind them, before you post them, make sense? You can fill in details such as history and personality when you make the sheet, I just want a basic outline of what your character acts like and can do, since I may have some suggestions to make to fit the setting.

Eden is going to be a full city, think large metropolis, I'll have different areas for you guys to destroy explore, and a good handful of NPCs to play off of as well. Pics will be included, don't you worry about that.

Awesome! Sounds like this is gonna be a lot of fun. And yeah, it makes sense. For my character, I was thinking she would probably fall into the caster category and she'd be a villain. Basically she's got some control over fire, and the idea I had for her is that she'd only be able to really use her power to its full extent in the presence of a fire source (as you have described), but I've got her some special abilities that don't make her power seem too OP. For example, my character would pretty much be the living human version of a fire, where sometimes she will smoke (literally) when provoked and her body has got this regulatory mechanism that keeps her from overheating, etc. etc. I don't really want to say it all on here because I don't want to give it all away, but I'll definitely flesh her out a lot more when/if I sign up.

vvamavi said:
Awesome! Sounds like this is gonna be a lot of fun. And yeah, it makes sense. For my character, I was thinking she would probably fall into the caster category and she'd be a villain. Basically she's got some control over fire, and the idea I had for her is that she'd only be able to really use her power to its full extent in the presence of a fire source (as you have described), but I've got her some special abilities that don't make her power seem too OP. For example, my character would pretty much be the living human version of a fire, where sometimes she will smoke (literally) when provoked and her body has got this regulatory mechanism that keeps her from overheating, etc. etc. I don't really want to say it all on here because I don't want to give it all away, but I'll definitely flesh her out a lot more when/if I sign up.
Sounds good to me :D I'm not expecting everyone to give away all their secrets here either, that's plenty of information. I just want to get a feel for who is playing what type of character so I know how to set up the existing Crew. Also, as a note, there are no openings on the "good guys" side, everyone is a villain in this RP. You can be a fallen hero, or a hero trying to gain recognition by joining the Crew, but your main goal is taking over the city, no one is trying to save it, leave that to the NPCs you'll be fighting.

I was thinking for my character a guy that commands a swarm of nanomachines that build him structures, like robotic arms, sentry guns, vehicles etc. I was thinking that the nanomachines would work by modifying common substances on a subatomic scale to match whatever he wants, for example, he could make dirt into iron, which would then be used by the machines to build his structures.

Sound good so far?

I may be a little late, but I'm also interested in joining! Would it be possible for my character to have really weak telekinesis, but they have a power-harnessing gauntlet that can be used to 'boost' his powers, and with each boost they double in power. There'd be a delay time between each boost of around a few minutes (which gets longer with each boost), so at the beginning of a fight he would be super weak with only basic telekinesis, but by the end he could have something like 64x his normal amount of power and basically be able to levitate buildings and that sorta stuff. Would that be ok, or too overpowered?

Spinoceratopsrex said:
I was thinking for my character a guy that commands a swarm of nanomachines that build him structures, like robotic arms, sentry guns, vehicles etc. I was thinking that the nanomachines would work by modifying common substances on a subatomic scale to match whatever he wants, for example, he could make dirt into iron, which would then be used by the machines to build his structures.
Sound good so far?
Sounds a little bit like the villain in Big Hero 6, which isn't a bad thing, I think it's a really cool idea. You'd have to come up with the details of how it works, like how long it takes to convert something into something else, what are the side-effects (like creating radiation or causing mini-nukes when you tear atoms apart), and you would have to have detailed knowledge of what to we're trying to build, you can't just say "build me a spaceship". But if you can give us a good character with a balanced set of strengths and weaknesses, I look forward to seeing him in the RP :D

LawOfChaos said:
I may be a little late, but I'm also interested in joining! Would it be possible for my character to have really weak telekinesis, but they have a power-harnessing gauntlet that can be used to 'boost' his powers, and with each boost they double in power. There'd be a delay time between each boost of around a few minutes (which gets longer with each boost), so at the beginning of a fight he would be super weak with only basic telekinesis, but by the end he could have something like 64x his normal amount of power and basically be able to levitate buildings and that sorta stuff. Would that be ok, or too overpowered?
That sounds really interesting, I'd like to see how this turns out in the RP. I think it's pretty fair, since it requires a decent amount of time to build up to "overpowered mode". One thing I think it's fair to note is that superpowers can't affect humans/animals directly (unless they only affect humans/animals, I'll explain more when I get the RP up), so you can't pick up an enemy and throw them around, but you can pick up, say, the carpet they are standing on, make sense? Your powers can affect yourself however, so you can make yourself hover and stuff, no worries about that. So, the only limitation is that your character has to have some kind of repercussion for tuning the power up, like the longer he holds a higher level of telekinesis, the larger headache he gets and it lasts for longer, if he holds it too long, he could black out and go into a coma or something. But other than setting limits and strengths, it sounds like a great idea :D

That sounds really interesting, I'd like to see how this turns out in the RP. I think it's pretty fair, since it requires a decent amount of time to build up to "overpowered mode". One thing I think it's fair to note is that superpowers can't affect humans/animals directly (unless they only affect humans/animals, I'll explain more when I get the RP up), so you can't pick up an enemy and throw them around, but you can pick up, say, the carpet they are standing on, make sense? Your powers can affect yourself however, so you can make yourself hover and stuff, no worries about that. So, the only limitation is that your character has to have some kind of repercussion for tuning the power up, like the longer he holds a higher level of telekinesis, the larger headache he gets and it lasts for longer, if he holds it too long, he could black out and go into a coma or something. But other than setting limits and strengths, it sounds like a great idea :D
Stickdom

Thanks! I was planning for the extended use of the gauntlet to have side effects (it would start off as nosebleeds and nausia but would slowly progress to passing out, and (after extreme lengths of use) full on psychologial damage and brain haemorrhaging (so proud of myself to be able to spell that properly first time (>u>)).

Unrelatedly to the powers, do you have any idea when the CS or the OOC will be posted?

LawOfChaos said:
Stickdom
Thanks! I was planning for the extended use of the gauntlet to have side effects (it would start off as nosebleeds and nausia but would slowly progress to passing out, and (after extreme lengths of use) full on psychologial damage and brain haemorrhaging (so proud of myself to be able to spell that properly first time (>u>)).

Unrelatedly to the powers, do you have any idea when the CS or the OOC will be posted?
I'll be posting the whole thread this afternoon, hopefully, unless I get caught up in busywork around the house, in which case I'll have it up tomorrow at the latest.

Hey guys, I've got the thread up! Remember to read all the tabs I have up before you post a character, there's some important info in the Overview section about types of powers, including a brand new one I just added in, Augers/Augmenters. The locations are all WIP at the moment, finding and compiling details about places that you'd be able to explore around the city, and I have an Additional Characters thread coming in so we can keep a log of all the Heroez and Villainz you guys encounter out there. Check it out, have fun posting up your CSes, I'd love to see what you guys come up with. If you haven't given me a character concept yet, simply tag me here or in the OOC of the thread so I can give it a quick thumbs-up, just want to make sure everything is balanced and everyone has fair game of the playing field. Good luck out there, you cockroaches, try not to get squashed.

Casual - The Chaos Crew

The tags above glitched on me and didn't work, posted again to send the notifs out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back