• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Changing Room

What is your usual post length if your para is 4 lines each?

Votes: 1 6.7%

Votes: 6 40.0%

Votes: 6 40.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Tardy Grade

The Page Turner
I'll update this as we go but please feel free to discuss,suggest and converse about the RP-to-be.

It has not yet commenced but feel free to post your character when able.
IN CHARACTER:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-changing-room-closed.328558/

OUT OF CHARACTER:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-changing-room.328563/

CHARACTER SHEETS:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-changing-room.328561/

EXTRA PAGES:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-changing-room.328562/

Members: billthesomething billthesomething , GamerCarrot GamerCarrot , Hel Hel , Noivian Noivian
Susanoo Susanoo ,
Kenji Jensai Kenji Jensai
augmentedspartan augmentedspartan
Vampiress Vampiress
Fletchawk Fletchawk
InsanEleven InsanEleven
Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

Here's the survey I want filled. It's fairly small. When you're done with it simply comment while mentioning this comment.
https://goo.gl/forms/jN5utO4gdWArbt3z1

Last edited:
Here's the survey I want filled. It's fairly small. When you're done with it simply comment while mentioning this comment.
Just letting you know that you have two questions (views on life and death) that look like you want them to be open ended and instead it's multiple choice with only one option.

I haven't finished filling it out yet because of that, I'm Just letting you know in case you weren't aware :)

I was wondering if this method of doing things would be fine with you all.
1.You do an action resulting in the change.
2. I'll pm you things you find out immediately about your condition and you draw your own conclusions from that.
3. You can pm me regarding an action you'd like to employ and if you are on the right track I will answer you accordingly or correct you.

Eg.
Situation:
Bastion fights fiercely against the his attacker who's holding him in the water. His mouth clamped onto one of the attackers hands. Knowing that the water would drown him more easily if he fought, if he left him mouth agape, he still chooses to fight instead of letting go. At least the bastard would loose a finger! Your vision slowly grows blurry.

My PM - You feel a shortness of breath. It lasts a moment and then it's gone. You feel water travel more rapidly around your chest.
Your PM - Oh golly gee that's so cool, Mistah! Is that perhaps due to something at my chest?
My PM - That's right Jimmy! You now have a gill slits running across your ribs.

Bastion plays dead. Mouth agape . The attacker thinks him dead and is all too eager to remove his hand from the man's mouth. Little does he know wh-

And so on. That way only I and the person know what's happened to them until their char discloses said information or is revealed/coerced into divulging it.

Thoughts?

2. I'll pm you things you find out immediately about your condition and you draw your own conclusions from that.
3. You can pm me regarding an action you'd like to employ and if you are on the right track I will answer you accordingly or correct you.

Eg.
Situation:
Bastion fights fiercely against the his attacker who's holding him in the water. His mouth clamped onto one of the attackers hands. Knowing that the water would drown him more easily if he fought, if he left him mouth agape, he still chooses to fight instead of letting go. At least the bastard would loose a finger! Your vision slowly grows blurry.

My PM - You feel a shortness of breath. It lasts a moment and then it's gone. You feel water travel more rapidly around your chest.
Your PM - Oh golly gee that's so cool, Mistah! Is that perhaps due to something at my chest?

Bastion plays dead. Mouth agape . The attacker thinks him dead and is all too eager to remove his hand from the man's mouth. Little does he know wh-

And so on. That way only I and the person know what's happened to them until their char discloses said information or is revealed/coerced into divulging it.

Thoughts?
Personally I love that idea! Question though say we don't do a specific action will the change be delayed for a certain time or until another situation surfaces?

Eg.
Situation:

Thoughts?
I think that sounds like a good method of preventing metagaming- but what about obvious changes, like noticeable physical changes.

For example, if the guy getting fills on his chest had no shirt on and you could see the gills? Would that be up to the player to share still?

Question though say we don't do a specific action will the change be delayed for a certain time or until another situation surfaces?

If you could make a small example for that situation I think I would be able to address it better. I get the issue here roughly but I don't want to end up causing a further confusion. Ty.

if the guy getting gills on his chest had no shirt on and you could see the gills? Would that be up to the player to share still?

So I vaguely addressed that issue here ...

their char discloses said information or is revealed/coerced into divulging it.

'Or is revealed' - Like in a fight where he lost his shirt or it's displayed for all to see. In this type of case I could do one of two things:

1.Have the person reveal it next post as they see fit. Not about the details of it's functioning but just what other people see.

2.I shall write a brief para on what is seen. Nothing too long.

IF ONE OF YOU HAS BETTER EYESIGHT OR MAY SPOT SOMETHING DUE TO YOUR ABILITIES, I WILL 'USUALLY' PM YOU ABOUT IT.
IF THIS OCCURS AND YOU THINK YOU SHOULD KNOW MORE ABOUT IT THEN YOU CAN PM ME AND MAKE YOUR CASE! IF IT'S A GOOD CASE I SHALL REVEAL A BIT MORE DEPENDING ON YOUR ABILITY!

Please tell me what you guys prefer.

If you could make a small example for that situation I think I would be able to address it better. I get the issue here roughly but I don't want to end up causing a further confusion. Ty.

So I vaguely addressed that issue here ...

'Or is revealed' - Like in a fight where he lost his shirt or it's displayed for all to see. In this type of case I could do one of two things:

1.Have the person reveal it next post as they see fit. Not about the details of it's functioning but just what other people see.

2.I shall write a brief para on what is seen. Nothing too long.

IF ONE OF YOU HAS BETTER EYESIGHT OR MAY SPOT SOMETHING DUE TO YOUR ABILITIES, I WILL 'USUALLY' PM YOU ABOUT IT.
IF THIS OCCURS AND YOU THINK YOU SHOULD KNOW MORE ABOUT IT THEN YOU CAN PM ME AND MAKE YOUR CASE! IF IT'S A GOOD CASE I SHALL REVEAL A BIT MORE DEPENDING ON YOUR ABILITY!

Please tell me what you guys prefer.
It's a bit hard to explain but for example say you have two choices when confronted with an enemy and you had to choose between one that you battle the enemy, unlocking a change or avoid the battle completely and the change wouldn't happen...
I hope that sort of clears up what I mean.

Two choices : When confronted with an enemy and you had to choose between one that you battle the enemy, unlocking a change or avoid the battle completely and the change wouldn't happen...

Okay good good. I understood you correctly the first time then. Well yes you're sort of right. Let me address it this way. Whether it be internal conflicts or external threats. Both can possibly lead to a change occurring. It is however not guaranteed.

Since you don't know what may 'trigger' you it's simply you playing as you are. Don't always try to focus on the change. Your character will change for sure. That I can guarantee since I know none of you will simply lay back in a couch and RP. Even if you did you'd still change slowly into your original target creature. Which could be good or bad.

However being more active and thinking on your feet will guarantee your best interests are met.

After all a creature who's never under stress will probably fail when the tides shift against them. One adapted to multiple things may have a sliver of hope more to succeed.

My job will be to keep you on your toes and yours to keep from falling so I'll not leave you in the lurch. Trust me on that.

Okay good good. I understood you correctly the first time then. Well yes you're sort of right. Let me address it this way. Whether it be internal conflicts or external threats. Both can possibly lead to a change occurring. It is however not guaranteed.

Since you don't know what may 'trigger' you it's simply you playing as you are. Don't always try to focus on the change. Your character will change for sure. That I can guarantee since I know none of you will simply lay back in a couch and RP. Even if you did you'd still change slowly into your original target creature. Which could be good or bad.

However being more active and thinking on your feet will guarantee your best interests are met.

After all a creature who's never under stress will probably fail when the tides shift against them. One adapted to multiple things may have a sliver of hope more to succeed.

My job will be to keep you on your toes and yours to keep from falling so I'll not leave you in the lurch. Trust me on that.
Thank you for clearing that up, I'll hopefully be sending my character sign-up your way shortly.

No rush. Make them as you want and enjoy the experience. Cherish them ... because I'm probably gonna eff them up >:3
Haha I do have one question about character sign-up, when you say Health I assume you mean physical health? Just so I'm not putting the wrong thing down

when you say Health I assume you mean physical health?
Oh yeah. Sorry I guess it's a bit odd.

I meant the status of your character in terms of how healthy they are. Not quantified but qualified.
"I have a set of weak lungs. I have a bone defect. I am fine. I have severe motion sickness. etc."

Oh yeah. Sorry I guess it's a bit odd.

I meant the status of your character in terms of how healthy they are. Not quantified but qualified.
"I have a set of weak lungs. I have a bone defect. I am fine. I have severe motion sickness. etc."
Thank you for clearing that up, just posted my character. If there are any issues I'm happy to fix them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back