• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Changing Room

IMG_20170422_194103_1.jpg
Name: Ash
Health: "Pain from the scar on my stomach other than that I'm fine"
Phobia: Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)

Story: At a young age Ash has always had a fear of snakes coming from an incident at a zoo she was at on a school field trip. As she got older she got into a car accident with her sister and miraculously they both survived with a few broken bones and with Ash being the only one to receive a large scar across her stomach. Regarding the accident that caused the scar she is not afraid of talking about, nor is she shy about the scar. She will gladly answer any questions people have about her past, well except the snake incident which she avoids talking about at all costs. And despite everything going badly in her life she has always had an upbeat personality, helping those that she can.

(Any issues, please tell me so I can fix it as quickly as possible)

(Any issues, please tell me so I can fix it as quickly as possible)
I'll just go over the minor stuff X'D I don't see any issue otherwise.
At a young age Ash has always had a fear of snakes
'From a young age'
coming from an incident
'stemming from a'
she is not afraid of talking about, nor is she shy about the scar.
'not afraid to talk about'

(I mostly posted this as a bit of a joke since you seemed insistent and I couldn't find any issues otherwise X'D It's mostly just you changing the 'tense' in a sentence rather than anything major.)

I've got your answers too so I can work out something over the week and file it away. Thank you for the cooperation.

I'll just go over the minor stuff X'D I don't see any issue otherwise.

'From a young age'

'stemming from a'

'not afraid to talk about'

(I mostly posted this as a bit of a joke since you seemed insistent and I couldn't find any issues otherwise X'D It's mostly just you changing the 'tense' in a sentence rather than anything major.)

I've got your answers too so I can work out something over the week and file it away. Thank you for the cooperation.
Haha you're welcome. In future I'll triple check everything before sending it away.

Elizabeth Langley
"El"
IMG_4585.JPG

Health: Excellent. She takes very good care of her body due to her profession. She does have a family history of anemia and haemophilia.
Phobia: Mild fear of intimacy (not necessarily the sexual kind, but that too) and legitimate Atychiphobia, or fear of failure

Story:
When she was young she suffered from Sleep Paralysis leading to a fear of sleep, but not what one would call a phobia. She avoids it when she can, but sleep is necessary and she knows that she has to sleep to be safe the next day. She does maintain an intense hatred for sleeping or being unconscious when there are others about, and the thought of something else effecting her while she is unconscious terrifies her.

Her childhood was average. She had good parents and a younger sister. Her parents expected her to do well in school, and didn't make her work through high school so that she could focus on her grades and do the sports she wanted to do. She was a pitcher in high school, and a dancer. As she got older, though, she focused on softball because it could help her pay for college. It turns out that the college with a flight school that she chose to go to was a Division I school in Indiana.

Once she got to college, she lived in a single dorm room, maintained her status as a model student, flew, and pitched. She was quick, both of mind and body, and did well in college. Her junior year, she became a flight instructor, and taught other students her senior year. Once she graduated, she kept flight instructing for two years before she moved on to fly for a regional airline.

Her first job with the airlines is where she met her husband-to-be, Julius Lake. They dated for a year and a half before he proposed, and she said yes. The engagement happened about a month ago. When she said yes, it wasn't out of love, per say, as she's a distant person with severe social anxiety, it was more that she didn't want to be seen as a horrible person for rejecting Julius when he proposed so publicly. It would embarrass him, and her because of his embarrassment. Julius was kind enough, and tried to be a good boyfriend. He was a pilot, too, and they didn't see each other as often as Julius might have liked. She refused to live with him until they are married and keeps to the morals of her Christian upbringing.

Attachments

• IMG_4586.JPG
    IMG_4586.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4587.JPG
    IMG_4587.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
3f3cf3ebfba77aea48555622833574f5.jpg
Name: Joseph Stiles
Health: "The Scar on my forehead tends to act up a bit, also I have webbed fingers, their only joined part way, though"
Phobia: Autophobia, the fear of being abandoned

Story: Joesph as a child was abandoned by his original birth parents at a circus, Having been something of a troubled child, who unintentionally caused his original parents, whole bunch of trouble he would later be adopted by two members of the circus (The Strongman & an acrobat for those curious)

And while he is happy about his adoptive parents, the abandonment was something that scarred Joseph and continues to cause great amount of anxiety in the man, He received his forehead scar after messing around with a co-worker's pistol and accidently shooting himself in the head when the gun misfired, he is really embarrassed about it

Dishonored2_CorvoHeader_619x499.jpg

Name: Neil Leonard

Health: Back pain from years of bad posture. Had a gastrocnemius (calf muscle) strain several years ago on his left leg, making extended periods of physical activity difficult.

Phobias:
-Scotomaphobia (Fear of going blind) [Strong]
-Merinthophobia (Fear of being bound/not being able to move) [Mild]

Story: During High School Neil became involved with a gang in his city, which allowed him to get enough income to live on his own, having run away from his rather dysfunctional home. He managed to maintain a low profile and graduate with good enough notes to go to college, however his illegal activities didn't stop. The freedom college allowed him made his "job" a lot easier, but he had difficulty choosing a major that he found himself comfortable working with. Eventually he decided on medicine and manage to graduate after two tries. Sadly, neither his grades nor college were good enough for him to land a good job, and had to resort to the use of his connections to find something. Finally, he managed to get a job on a not-so-legal clinic on the bad side of town, which worked mostly with criminals and with under-the-table deals.

20cdcd60977589af1b979e056a39197d.jpg

Name: Chess Pierce

Health;
Pain from a Scar on his neck and on his hip afflict him with waves of pain, but other than that he's the epitome of health
Phobias:
-Cynophobia (Fear of Dogs)

Story: In spite of the near perpetually sour look he bears, Chess Pierce's past isn't anything tragic. In fact, he could easily even say that there’s nothing that could get him to say that his past was a tale full of regrets and dark times. The man isn't that big of a sentimentalist, but most memories invoked by some nostalgic trigger are all fond moments to reminisce about.

Growing up in a small family consisting of just himself and his father was difficult, there was no doubt to that, but life wasn’t a constant struggle. His father was a kind man, a man kinder than any other whose only fault was that he had chosen to marry a person who was destined to meet her passing early. However, he never cursed his mother who had left the world much too early in an attempt to pursue her dreams or fate who had forsaken her. He couldn’t even recall her face as she had passed away when he was a mere two years of age, but this was the woman who had brought his father happiness while it lasted, and that was all that mattered.

Last edited:
2f54fe6e6d1c672cf86ef4086435790b.jpg.cf.jpg

Name: Abel prince

Health;
Abel health overall is very excellent. He is very fit and in shape. He does have a mild knee injury that acts up but he has gotten accustomed to it.
Phobias:
ceraunophobia- fear of thunder
Ankylophobia- fear of immovable joints

Story: Abel story is one of a collegiate athlete. Who will be the first one in his family to graduate from college. From a young age he has seen his parent struggle to support him and themselves. He was born to teen parents, who did everything they could to provide a life that was prefect for there son. There only wish was that he would make something of himself and have a better life then there's. when he began high school, he tried out for the wrestling team. Soon enough he became one of the top competitors. This led to a lot of college scouts asking him to come to there school. This year he has taken a red shirt year to recover from a knee injury.

Asian.jpg

Name: Thomas Shen
Health: He has deuteranomaly color blindness but is physically ok. Mentally, not so much.
Phobia:
Fears that he'll never be successful in life.
Fears facing his teacher.
Fears how easy it is to ignore his own moral code.

Story:
Thomas Shen is a first generation Chinese-American. His grandparents and his mother were immigrants that came to the U.S. in hopes of a better life, however his grandfather died shortly after arriving. This left the his family in debt and lead to his grandmother's death a few years afterwards. Which in turn loaded his mother with even more crippling debt, forcing her to work at a brothel guised as a massage parlor and this eventually lead to birth of Thomas.

Due to his mother's occupation, Thomas was taught from an extremely young age to be quiet and remain unseen. It was these skills that led him into picking pockets, but his life of crime was cut short at the age of 9. This is when he tried to pick the pocket of a master practitioner at a local T'ai chi ch'uan dojo. Fortunately, the teacher decided that the boy's atonement was that he would have to learn to better himself through the teachings of T'ai chi ch'uan.

It was through these teachings that Thomas learned of honor, respect, and tranquility along with the martial and mental techniques to protect himself from harm. Over the next decade, these aspects were reinforced on a daily basis. But sadly all good things must come to an end. Thomas' mostly peaceful life came to an abrupt end; when he was 19, the building he and his mother were living burned to the ground.

This event crushed Thomas' world as he knew it and left him wrestling with the grief of his mother and doubts about himself. During the course of a little over a year, that grief evolved rapidly into desperation as the death of his mother left him with the family legacy of debt. With all of his worldly possessions gone and not a cent to his name, with much inner conflict,Thomas shed his moral code and started to pick pockets once again.

Last edited:
I don't know what to type for this bio :/
As in you're not sure about your own character? The others have done a pretty good job so you've got credible references. Coming to agreement with yourself about your character isn't something I can assist you on sadly X'D

nova.png

Name: Nova Williams
Health: Nova is fairly healthy and has no known physical injuries or ailments.
Phobia: Trypophobia - Fear of holes, generally in asymmetrical clusters of small holes or pockmarks
Atychiphobia - Fear of failure

Story: Nova is the only child of two successful parents. When I say successful, I say upper middle class. She had a good childhood, up until age 13 when her father died in a tragic car accident on the way home. Her mother, unable to support their current lifestyle without Nova's father, sold their house and moved into a two bedroom apartment. It was a nice apartment, but it wasn't what Nova had grown up knowing. Nova went to school and got good grades, being accepted into an arts college. At the age of 18, she moved into the college dorms and away from her mother, where she resided until whatever happened that got her in this mess.

Last edited:
9a80165cf9322642f32aa5e5171263da.jpg
Name: Akira Bisset
Health: Generally good, although he does have a weak ankle from having broken it once while training to become a police officer
Phobia: Trypanophobia [Fear of needles]

Story: There is nothing quite special about Akira, no terrible traumas nor amazing success either. He's somewhat above average physically and intelligence wise, but not so much he'd be anything noticeable. Really, he's just okay. He worked hard to become the officer he is today... or used to be before he found himself in this strange environment. His Japanese mother loves him, his american father encourages him, and he's found himself quite a few friends, some rivals, and the occasional enemy.
Akira is kind, but not unflawed; he gets stressed and panics too, even if his training as a cop helps him out. He knows how to lead, but only in theory, and he has a good head on his shoulders, but not an infallible one. Yet who knows what this environment would ask from someone? He's seen crime scenes, but he's never been on the bad side of them.

hVmtmU6.jpg

Name: Vergil Lesley

Health: Good level of fitness - just out of basic training and feeling strong. Far sight showing possible deterioration, but he's unsure if it's real of if he's paranoid. No known medical complications, but a family history of short-sightedness. Psychological report is workable, but shows a slight tendency toward confrontation and some difficulties in cooperation with strangers.

Phobias:

- Has a distinct fear of his name being "around". He doesn't like giving out his full name - most definitely doesn't when it's going on the internet. He fears where his name could be going, or who could be seeing it and where. He doesn't like being quoted, he doesn't like being represented - if he has something to say, he'll say it himself rather than having someone else relay the message. He doesn't trust others to speak his mind, and has a nagging fear that someone will speak "for him" to the wrong person and cause him trouble.

- Underlying fear of his vision deteriorating. Myopia runs in his family, it seems - he's worried that he might be experiencing adult-onset myopia.

- Hates being in a crowd. One part the insecurity of being surrounded, the other part fearful of mob mentality.

Vergil's parents were both near-sighted. His older brother was near-sighted. His auntie on one side and an uncle on another, too. As a child, prescription glasses weren't such a novelty - in fact, Vergil found himself unnerved by strangers who lacked them. As a child, he took to wearing costume glasses to fit in with his immediate family - largely oblivious to the physiological consequences that necessitated that his family wear glasses. This, of course, made his childhood tough. Other children didn't share the same norms as he did, and his glasses set him apart from his peers. He shortly rid himself of his costume glasses, feeling some sense of betrayal toward his family. Conforming, he was accepted by his peers in short order.

Vergil grew into a typical teenager. He had a small group of friends, played football in lunch breaks and he played video games on his Playstation 2 at home. He was a product of the age, and ended up being swept into newfound advances in mobile technologhy and social media, becoming an early adopter of MySpace and later Facebook. He was an avid user, taking pictures on his new devices and frequently updating, keeping afloat in a broad online ocean and holding a reputation. All was good. He got a girlfriend, he had a group of friends, he played sport, he enjoyed life. Then the "dick pic" happened.

He did something stupid, shared something private with someone who (he later learned) did not respect his privacy. His name became attached to something mortifying, something embarassing, something awful. He broke up with his girlfriend in an instant - but it was too little too late. It circulated, as these things do. He withdrew from the net - crawling back into his home and deleting his facebook accounts. And yet, it still followed him. His schoolmates kept track of his gamertag, and used that to track all across the internet. Reddit, tumblr, anywhere he had used his username, they stalked and harassed him.

He considered killing himself. Seemed the easiest solution, and he idealized the scenario for an unhealthy amount of time - but he could never bring himself to it. It wouldn't happen. He withdrew socially, his grades slipped, he began failing classes - and that only further mounted on the pressure. His parents sympathized with his situation, but his parents were urban professionals and themselves were invested heavily in social media and communications - things which had been greatly soured as far as Vergil was concerned. Their continued use upset him - no matter how he reationalized the situation.

Fortunately, Vergil happened across a big, bearded guardian angel some months later.

Russ talked a lot of shit. Russ wasn't afraid to speak his mind. When Russ saw a scrawny, dishevelled teen lurking in the queue at a local dairy, he sparked up a less-than-private conversation with an accompanying friend. Kids these days, too fucking swept up in their games and phones. Look at the poor fella, looked like he'd never worked a day in his life. Probably didn't know which way up to hold a screwdriver. Vergil turned and promptly asked the stranger to shut the hell up. The words had already left his mouth by the time he saw Russ' leather coat and gang patches.

Fortunately, Vergil happened upon a man with a sense of humor. Russ could take a joke - and he offered his own in return. Shit, this kid wouldn't last two days in a real job. Vergil jabbed back, indignated, determined to - for once - have the last word. Fine - give him a job and let him prove it. He figured that would shut him up - and he figured wrong. Russ laughed again. Sure. Vergil was determined now. Sure. The two men strode back outside, and a borderline-suicidal Vergil climbed into the pickup truck of a decorated gang member. Maybe he hoped he'd just get mugged and shot.

Russ drove Vergil to a local garage, handed him a screwdriver and told him to get to work. As expected, Vergil failed miserably - but he kept trying. Months of mockery welled up within him, and for once he was determined to just ... defy someone. To defy someone's expectations, to prove wrong somebody's assumptions. And while Vergil still failed in his task, the big bearded mechanic recognized that anger. The kid had a lot of anger bottled up and no way to let it out.

Russ ended up befriending Vergil, taking him out for a beer that evening. He saw a kid with some kind of drive, but nothing to do with it. It stemmed from anger, sure - but anger could be set on a constructive course instead of a destructive one. Turned out that the scruffy fellow had a lot of useful experience to relate ... funny that.

When Vergil dropped out of High School, his parents didn't hide their dissapointment. When Vergil fought with his parents and decided to storm out of the house, Russ gave him a roof to sleep under. Some days later, Russ took Vergil on as an apprentice. Two and a half years on he had his own flat, living with a gap-year student from France. He didn't often get along with people his own age - not due to real differences per se, but because he was jaded and pessemistic about his generation and held a lot of prejudices. He unreasonably romanticized the older generation and their youths - despite Russ' attempts to convince him otherwise. Things weren't perfect in Russ' childhood - but Vergil wasn't having any of it. Vergil still played the occasional video game, but he kept well away from anything resembling an online community, and refused to partake in social media. Despite his cynicism, he was a happy individual, and lead a fulfilling life as a trainee mechanic. He had a job, he was learning a trade, he was accomplishing tasks and bringing positive change into the world by helping customers - it's a humble life, and he liked that. Looking to his future career options, Vergil knew he didn't want to stay in his hometown forever - too many bad memories. So, Vergil joined the military.

He took to the life with surprising ease, adapting to the conditions more quickly than his comrades. He had just completed his basic training too - then it happened.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back