• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Chain of Agony

krekireftw

Mechanized Artyom

The Chain of Agony

The Chain of Agony

A theory proposed by the psychological scene, as well as some religious groups, that suggest that people tortured and experimented on with the use of a parasitic pathogen known as Oswald-2a for the pathogen itself and Oswald-2b referring to the victims of the parasite. There is Oswald-2c, victims that become creatures like 2b, but are infected directly by 2b, thus creating the hivemind. Otherwise known as the 'Chain' parasite, due to hivemind activity.

History of the pathogen is recent, however, it was quickly controlled by WHO in a matter of months. This was mainly due to its discovery in Antartica and experienced Hazmat containment and destruction, posing no threat to citizens of the world. However, scientists were able to contain some of the pathogens in order to conduct secret experiments on Humans. These humans consisted of the homeless, death row inmates, prisoners with life sentences, and willing patients with terminal illnesses. With these experiments, some only went as far as simply infecting the person, but other experiments were much crueler and much more dangerous.

This is where the Chain of Agony Theory comes into play. These experiments consisted of a controlled version of the pathogen, bio-mechanical alteration, and psychological torture. These created something much more different than the screaming, savage, beasts that are Oswald-2b. They created non-metallic, but strong armor over themselves, bearing only some semblance of their former selves. Observations of these mutants show that they often are suffering from the agony and stress of some event they dealt with, particularly one they had before mutation. Then, they go on constant rampages of murder, until contained or "...released from its pain..." as quoted from the ICPU, the International Chain Purging Unit.

ICPU

The ICPU are an elite group of soldiers that were enlisted by their respective nations all around the globe. These soldiers have undergone the toughest training possible, for example, soldiers that were enlisted by the USA must pass all courses of all major divisions of the military, with the exception of Air Force and Coast Guard unless they chose to do so. They must also undergo elite training, such as the Navy SEALS, the SWAT team, CAG, and others, with exceptions. The Russian soldiers must undergo Spetzsnas training, and so on. They never go home unless seriously injured and are typically always on duty, even when sleeping.

The Chain

Oswald-2a is named after it's creator. It is the second and last disease that Aleksander Oswald discovered before his death to the very pathogen. Oswald-2a is generally seen as a dense, black fog, that seems to 'bleed', creating a thin layer of orange fluid wherever it flies.

Oswald-2b is observed to be victims of the pathogen, typically seen in one of three forms. The first one is a generally seen as a contorted, animalistic, savage version of the victim, that actively goes out to attack living beings in order to create Oswald-2c. Another form of Oswald-2b is the superhuman form, typically adorned in armor but much less contorted. The victim still shows sign of independence and even control of the parasites, which may be why it isn't contorted and indistinguishable unlike it's counterparts. The may use weapons, but they are typically observed hiding during the day and are most observed in the evening, or when areas may be more alive. Instead of trying to reproduce the strain, they tend to only murder for the sake of it, with some reproduction being a side-effect. The final form is a stationary mass of flesh that doesn't resemble any creature, rather, tends to be a boil or cyst. This is the most contagious strain, and will often reproduce the most.

Oswald-2c is observed to be victims of Oswald-2b. They are only seen in one of two forms. They can either be the contorted, ravenous creatures that are the first form of Oswald-2b, or they can be smaller, but just as contagious, cysts or boils that are the third form of Oswald-2b.

Please provide feedback and such. This is flexible, and can be adjusted to where it's better than it is now.

This seems really interesting. I assume the plot follows the ICPU as they try to contain an outbreak of mutants or something like that?

This seems really interesting. I assume the plot follows the ICPU as they try to contain an outbreak of mutants or something like that?
Essentially. There may also be opportunities for some players to play the superhuman Oswald-2b.

I like the concept and you have my interest but the idea that the members of the US would be required to attend ALL courses of every the major fields of the military is practically impossible. This soldier would spend more time in the class room than actually being an effective in-field tactical/strategic asset. Also the inclusiveness of nationalities is fine and all but the difference in training will prove to undo a unit that is expected to function as seamlessly as ICPU supposedly does unless there is a serious form of assessment and selection which also requires a high level of English proficiency and common methods.

Also I can't lie the ICPU actual name's a bit naff to me.

What does O5 council think about this? Haha, sorry nevermind. The style reminded me of scp's articles.

I like that you are describing an original species with their own traits rather than just going for zombies. It would be very helpful to see what the roleplay is going to be about. Best interest checks tend to start by describing what the players will be doing and why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back