• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Case of Lockheed Orphanage for the Supernaturally Gifted

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ozymandias
Interactions: Jasper
Mentions: Mateo

1667437313781-png.1035951
....what the hell was that just now? Still stabbing his eggs, Oz unconsciously tugged at Aaru, the plushie surprisingly well put together for any toy within vicinity of Oz for too long. Collette looked oddly tense, and this was...a rather odd feeling. It was unsettling, like something was shifting underneath dead sands, something buried deep down below now only stirring awake.
He didn't like it one bit.
Oh bloody underworld, hell, heaven and afterlife, I've only wanted to help Quinn!
Well, next time maybe he should do something called "use his braincells", perhaps? Oh well, that escalated quickly...
Oz smothered a wince and twisted Aaru again, just gently enough not to snap it completely, as if the plushie were a stress doll. "Well, I think all this conflict isn't good for my appetite. Jasper, is it okay if I'll help Mateo today instead of tomorrow? I might forget." Now would be a good time to leave the breakfast hall. Dazzum, if anyone was using their oddity here, he wasn't that clueless as to ignore it, to hell with arrogance and pride.

housegoat13 housegoat13

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Annai Mestra
All at once, a wave of intense discomfort washed over the youth, and she recoiled slightly. She locked eyes with the tall girl at Frida's side - Colette, if she wasn't mistaken, and the feeling immediately worsened exponentially.

go GO GET AWAY LEAVE GET AWAY CANT STAY HERE LEAVE NOW

It was all written on her face, but the only one privy to that was her. Everyone else saw nothing but her characteristic slight smile and upturned expression.

A relatively easy illusion to keep up, even in her deeply distressed state. It was simply a reflection of what was already expected of her. The audience already believed her lies, so no one would question the continuation of the deception.

Concealing the stress in her voice, she spoke once more. "I tire of these frivolities. Don't you all have better things to do than descend into petty arguments?" She sounded relatively normal for the most part, but there was a slight note of strain in her voice.

Then, quite abruptly, she turned around and strode back to her seat, giving Ruby a nod of acknowledgement as she passed by. Still keeping the illusion up, she sat down once more, looking down at her barely-eaten breakfast.

The feeling wasn't going away. Why wasn't it going away?

She wanted to run, she wanted to leave, she wanted to hide - hell, she didn't know what she wanted specifically, she just needed to get out, NOW-

Mere seconds after sitting down, she rose once more, pushing away from the table. The illusion of serenity on her face remained, but it looked awfully out of place when combined with her clearly distressed body language.

As she looked around the room, her eyes fell upon Colette once more, the feeling intensified further, and she was already walking towards the door without so much as a word.

Last edited:

• how she's feeling...

Tense

Gwyneira

The Telepath

Rambunctious was a polite way to think about the squabbling children, stronger words also came to mind, but she dared not utter them. Conflict wasn't something she enjoyed and entertaining the thought of petty arguments also felt foreign to her--And so she sat silently, listening to the table drama that unfolded while also peering around the table. Gwyn noted a missing head, Abigail.
I'd love to trade places She innocently thought.

Her plate remained untouched, the hunger that she may have had before all but disappearing entirely. How could a small portion of people ruin an atmosphere so quick? Uneasiness prickled over her body, goosebumps rising from a slight chill that enticed a spine-tingling shiver. This was definitely not good for her headache and the longer she sat, the more she wanted to scream.

Gwyn helplessly looked around once more, her eyes glossing over as she was practically begging people with her mind to just shut up and eat...Just listen to the staff for once. She leaned forward, connecting her elbows to the tabletop and pressing her fingers against her forehead. She massaged at her brow, dragging her fingers down and over her eyes and finally rubbing there with enough force that white blotches formed behind her closed eyelids.

With an abruptness, a new feeling washed over her; was this how it felt to be emotionally violated? It was a checklist at this point for her. With a held breath, Gwyn tipped her head downwards and scowled with gritted teeth. Surely this was at the point where they should all return to bed and wake up on the better side of it, no? The breath she held released from barely parted lips and, despite relaxing her brow a little, a familiar wetness tickled at her nostrils.

Barely giving herself time to register the feeling, Gwyn's eyes flung open, widening and filled with an emotion akin to embarrassment. She glanced down, catching the droplet of blood that separated from her only to darken the tabletop. The hand that hovered beneath both eyes quickly pressed beneath her nose, attempting to stem the blood that now stained at her glove. Great.
It wouldn't last long, it never did. Nosebleeds were a regular occurance for her these days, nothing to worry about. While they were a minor inconvenience, it was the taste of copper that turned her naseous.

“E-Excuse me,”
She called to no-one in particular.
“May I be excused?”
Gwyn fumbled with her gloves, pulling them off cautiously and holding them against her nose. The morning had been great so far; Not only had she ruined her favourite pair of gloves, but she was also sure this atmosphere would stick during lessons.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Mateo Solinas
Mateo shrugged, setting the platter down and leaning against the wall to observe the ruckus as he spoke softly to Doris, "I saw him through one of the windows early in the morning, when he should have still been awake." He paused, widening his eyes as he attempted to emphasize exactly what he meant next, "Quite early, in fact. He was sleeping like the dead." He reached up to scratch his beard, humming softly for a moment, "Perhaps someone should have a-"

A wave passed over him, thick and choking. It seemed to constrict his chest and darkness pulled at the edges of his vision as a wave of despair ran along his veins and settled into his very bones. It made him want to vomit for just a moment, the bile rising in his throat before he managed to swallow it and hold his nerve. His eyes snapped towards Colette and he pushed off of the wall, "Apologies Doris, just a moment-"

It took him just a stride to reach the table, forcing himself to step forward, deeper into that aura that felt like pushing through a heavy fog of emotion. It clouded his mind with every step and cleared with every calming breath he took, until he was close enough to Colette to address her with as much softness as he could manage, "Step out of the hall, if you're going to do such things. You can return once you are ready to sit and eat your breakfast while refraining from disrupting others while they eat."

Tags: Paperface Paperface Feral Feral
Mention: Colette, Doris, Makoto

Last edited:
Jasper Cummings
Tags: Ozymandias, Sunsmiter Sunsmiter
Untitled.png
Jasper straightened himself quickly, suddenly feeling tense; his body felt as though a million fire ants were crawling up his spine. The familiarity of the feeling allowed him to guess that Collette was the one who had used her oddity on them. "I think that should be fine," Jasper answered Ozymandias. It was difficult to remain focused, but he was able to ignore the feeling long enough to get a response in.
I guess breakfast is over then, I hope everyone got enough to eat... the concerned thought sprinted to the forefront of his mind before quickly becoming washed away by flowing discomfort. After taking one last quick surveying look around him, Jasper began swiftly picking up the nearest plates he could get to and headed to the kitchen to go clean up, issuing the other caregivers a nod before he left.

(( Sybela Sybela , you can use his thought(s)))

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Frida Wagner
Without being able to consume one particle of food, the fork Frida had been holding was dropped. The way her head turned to face the younger boy almost looked like that of a vintage doll whose wind-up key had been turned, resulting in a creaking noise when it began to move.

"What did you say to me?" Slamming her hands on the table, the resulting force shook the utensils that were in front of her.
Unluckily for Frida, more people began to come into the breakfast hall, Caretakers included. And to her detriment again, Cole and Quinn were right behind her with Quinn trying to separate her even further from any confrontation. She ripped herself from his grasp before pointing towards Ozymandias.

"No one was even talking to you, you ugly brat!" As if on cue Frida had ripped the toy out of the boy's vicinity. Since she knew she wouldn't be able to reach him in time to do anything that she would actually like, she settled for the next best thing. Ever since Ozy had been staying in Lockheed Frida had noticed how he would carry this broken trash of a doll. Ripping it out of his grip with her telekinesis was almost too easy, But once she had it in her grasp she looked at it for a moment.

Her climaxing rage was seemingly blue balled when her least favorite caretaker decided to make himself known. Makoto, One of the first caretakers Frida met had no problem dishing out harsh punishments. It was obvious that Frida and he had a very integrated relationship, as she was his favorite torture victim, or at least, that was how Frida thought of it. The way he slammed the milk bottle in front of her made her jump, Frida could not lie, he was a very intimidating person his dark hair and light eye color reminded her of a wolf who had glowing eyes as they stared through a darkened forest. But that fact made her face turn beet red in anger, how dare he try to lecture her!

"Ugh!" She exclaimed in disgust."You're here already Mr.Taco?" Frida loved to misstate his name, although she knew it was a childish attempt at a jab.

Frida immediately shrunk when he began to threaten her with a bad Christmas, which was one of the few times Frida was happy enough to just be herself. ''Well, whenever you're around it seems my holiday cheer shrivels away!" Huffing a response out. You could tell she was nervous by the way her eyebrows twitched whenever she was around him, He always held her accountable when she acted out, and how she hated it. But now she was unsure what to do, although by the time that thought left her mind Makoto had already settled her internal conflict.

"WHAT?!"
He had to be kidding right? This wasn't even her fault to begin with! And not to mention how just a few days prior he had her lift the heaviest garbage out of the orphanage to be taken by a truck for another incident. "You know it wasn't even my fault right?! IT WAS OZY! HE'S THE ONE WHO STUCK HIS NOSE IN MY BUSINESS!" Her tone escalated to a shriek before turning her attention to the reason why she was mad in the first place.

"Why do you even carry around this garbage?" She said before ripping one of its arms off.

"Oops." Frida said, with an airy laugh following soon after. It wasn't long until she twisted off another two limbs, before throwing it in his face. Although not as satisfying as hitting someone, she managed to blow off some steam. However, When Colette rested on her back she was immediately engulfed in a feeling of pure malaise. "Aw, nuts Cole, get off of me already." She winced before turning around and pushing her towards Quinn. Frida didn't fully understand Coles' abilities, however, she knew well enough that when Cole was feeling something, you'd be in for a bad time.
"You guys are all bloody annoying, just piss off already!" Groaning like that of a teenage girl, she already had lost any mental fortitude she had to tolerate anyone today, becoming painfully noticeable as she slumped back down in her seat and threw her head in her hands from the suffocating aura that had engulfed the room.

Frida couldn't even focus on feeling angry, or hungry for that matter.

Sunsmiter Sunsmiter Kovacs Kovacs Feral Feral CeaserXIX CeaserXIX

Last edited:

Colette.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Backroom Labyrinth

Cole could only beg in her mind, practically screaming from her head. For it all to just Stop. Please. She'd talk if she could. The fighting, the noise, the words they spoke to her, it was all overwhelming. Especially the effects of her ability. Her chest was filled with barbed wire and her mind was being poked with needles. She stiffened, she could hardly say she was fine but she would deal.

Get off her, Cole. Step out of the hall, Cole. You're a disruption, Cole.

Elle est triste commue un bonnet de nuit! Elle jase comme un pie borgne!
It all just sounded like Ballerinas to her.

Her mind whirled like the climax of a ballet. Colette stood slowly, stiff proper, emotion bleeding away from the pores of her face until a blank slate was left, her aura snapping in sharply, uncomfortably. Sure it would make the others feel better almost instantaneously but...

Cole power walked out of the hall, not meeting any of the others eyes. Only when she couldn't see anyone, she scurried to the bathroom hastily and slammed the door behind her.

Fingers shaking, brow breaking out in a sweat. She draped herself over the washbowl and dry heaved. Her nerves were on fire. Her skin cold to the bone. Though the caretakers wouldn't know that, it felt normal to them. On all accounts but her own she was fine...

She shouldn't have pulled it in so quickly, that always gave her whiplash. Ugh, she was so incredibly stupid.

She sighed, letting her knees buckle under her in relief at being away from it all, and let her heavy head droop into her hands. She'd be okay.

She could've been calm done better, she would have been if she had only thought! If only... "Mais j'ai tout gâché."

Ah...
Her voice shook. I guess it does do that when you cry.

( Elle est triste commue un bonnet de nuit (She is sad as a nightcap) = She is as dull as ditch-water. | Elle jase comme un pie borgne = She chatters like a magpie. | Mais j'ai tout gâché. = But I messed everything up. )

♡coded by uxie♡

Colette.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Backroom Labyrinth

Cole could only beg in her mind, practically screaming from her head. For it all to just Stop. Please. She'd talk if she could. The fighting, the noise, the words they spoke to her, it was all overwhelming. Especially the effects of her ability. Her chest was filled with barbed wire and her mind was being poked with needles. She stiffened, she could hardly say she was fine but she would deal.

Get off her, Cole. Step out of the hall, Cole. You're a disruption, Cole.

Elle est triste commue un bonnet de nuit! Elle jase comme un pie borgne!
It all just sounded like Ballerinas to her.

Her mind whirled like the climax of a ballet. Colette stood slowly, stiff proper, emotion bleeding away from the pores of her face until a blank slate was left, her aura snapping in sharply, uncomfortably. Sure it would make the others feel better almost instantaneously but...

Cole power walked out of the hall, not meeting any of the others eyes. Only when she couldn't see anyone, she scurried to the bathroom hastily and slammed the door behind her.

Fingers shaking, brow breaking out in a sweat. She draped herself over the washbowl and dry heaved. Her nerves were on fire. Her skin cold to the bone. Though the caretakers wouldn't know that, it felt normal to them. On all accounts but her own she was fine...

She shouldn't have pulled it in so quickly, that always gave her whiplash. Ugh, she was so incredibly stupid.

She sighed, letting her knees buckle under her in relief at being away from it all, and let her heavy head droop into her hands. She'd be okay.

She could've been calm done better, she would have been if she had only thought! If only... "Mais j'ai tout gâché."

Ah...
Her voice shook. I guess it does do that when you cry.

( Elle est triste commue un bonnet de nuit (She is sad as a nightcap) = She is as dull as ditch-water. | Elle jase comme un pie borgne = She chatters like a magpie. | Mais j'ai tout gâché. = But I messed everything up. )

♡coded by uxie♡

Something is lurking nearby…

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Annai Mestra
Stumbling out of the door, Annai finally allowed her illusion to drop. She took a second to catch her breath, releasing the air she hadn’t realized she’d been holding in.

Moments later, someone blew past her. She whirled around, but wasn’t able to catch who it was. She tried to look for where they’d gone, but they’d already disappeared.

Now that she was out of the room, that terrible feeling was beginning to subside. She still had no intention of going back into the breakfast hall, for fear of being exposed to Colette’s aura again, so she decided to use the little bit of time she had before class on something else. She could stand to go hungry for a few hours.

As she walked down the corridor, her mind drifted to Abigail. She hadn’t wanted to let anyone know, but she was quite concerned. The Caretakers were incredibly thorough, and a missing child was definitely not normal.

“Abigail?” she called, despite knowing that she was unlikely to get a response.

To her surprise, she did hear something. Someone - probably one of the girls, from the sound of it - was crying. It sounded like it was coming from down the hall.

Abigail!

She raced down the corridor, before stopping at the washroom door. The crying was definitely coming from in here.

Normally, one does not simply attempt to enter an obviously occupied washroom. However, in her state, Annai was not thinking clearly.

“Abi-“ Her voice was cut off when she saw who was in the bathroom. It was decidedly not Abigail, but Colette.

She took a step back. “I- I apologize. I’ll.. be on my…” Her voice trailed off.

Despite Colette’s obvious emotional distress, her aura was not in effect. Annai didn’t feel like she did before.

Her heart told her what to do, and for once, she listened.

(Maybe she shouldn’t have.)

“Hey… Colette? Are you alright?” Her tone was a far cry from her signature smug drawl. There was genuine compassion in her voice.

// edit 11/05/22: formatting

Last edited:
Ozymandias
Interactions: Mateo
Mentions: Frida

Ω, ματωμένη κόλαση. (Oh, bloody hell in Greek)
"Frida....اذهب إلى الجحيم واحترق هناك!"
(Go to hell and burn there! in Arabic) "And don't worry! Laughing at you won't make me a bad person!"
Oz's grin was still stuck in its usual insolent curve, but something about his movements seemed jerky, uncertain.
On the bright side, it's nothing he can't fix. "Oh dear...." Oz absently fiddled with the torn threads, trying to repress the urge to either laugh, scream, throw a tantrum, or "accidentally" rot through the floorboards.
Slowly the plushie began to mend itself, resetting to a time before it was ever so rudely torn apart. "Sorry Aaru. That's on me." Perhaps he truly was a king of fools...
With that in mind, a mended plushie, completely nuked appetite, and a round of chores, Oz turned around in a circle before heading in a beeline for Mateo, more or less out of touch with his surroundings as all his energy went into turning back the hands of time upon his plushie. Oz didn't enter the hall entirely, only crossing his arms outside the doorway and calling in(damnit I just fixed the plushie I ain't doing it again!)
"Mateo? I gotta help you weed the garden."

AmberV AmberV

Last edited:
Quinn
Location - Dining Hall
Interactions - Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

As the situation continue to rapidly descend out of his control, Quinn continued to desperately try to meditate and defuse the whole incident, occasionally turning to one of the two, saying to Oz, "Don' keep pushin' your luck, kid,", then just as quickly returned to face Frida, right as she took Oz's animal directly from him, the unexpected, and rather provoking, appearance of who Quinn would come to assume to be the least likeable entry within this hellish building, though instead of feeling intimidated by the large mass that is Makoto, he saw the man in such a disheveled state that he had to stiffle a snicker at the sight, knowing the man now knew just as well as Quinn how such intense lacks of good rest felt, before his eyes quickly snapped on a now enraged Frida, watching as she tore off one of the toys appendages, a sharp, "FRIDA", escaping his lips, ready to once more quickly scold the girl, before the young lad was suddenly hit with what he'd only describe as a...miasma of dread, his stomach immediately chruning as his mind seemed to focus on this feeling, peeking over at Colette, a small look of understanding immediately dressing his face. 'We're overwhelming the poor girl...', he thought to himself, having known, in a sense, Colette for a decent time now, enough where he could read her mood fairly well, though not perfectly, but the fact her oddity was making itself known was more than enough confirmation for him, only growing much more intense when Colette was pushed in his direction, using only the palms of his hands to catch Colette, so as she didn't lose her footing, the feeling of dread now an insidiously choking feeling, his eyes twitching softly as he fought back the urge to let loose the contents of his stomach and flee to closest patch of shade he could see, but instead held his ground, giving Colette the space both of them needed, before watching her run off.

A loud sigh quickly left his lips as the situation finally began to die down, his gaze locking slowly onto Frida, seeing as she had been deprived of her food for the runt that decided to open his mouth. "Ye' really need to learn when to shut the 'ell yo, Oz," he told the boy, ignoring Jasper's presence as he reached over and grabbed the bottle of milk, taking a seat directly next to Frida, before gently tapping the side of her upper arm, placing the bottle of milk in front of her, a small smile present on his face as he did. "Rise an' shine, arse. I gotcha a present," he quietly teased, trying to cheer her up as best as he could.

Doris MartinDoris_Martin.jpg
Doris calmly nodded along to the words Mateo spoke. She used the silent movement of her head to convey she was listening intently rather than interrupting the man by vocalizing confirmation instead. Yet, despite the effort to let the man speak freely, he fell silent regardless. Mateo seemed to tense up. No, it was worse than that. It was as if sickness had taken hold of him suddenly and without warning. “Are you well? Please, sit down for a momen-” Her kind words disintegrated before she could complete her sentence. She could sense a sickening weight boring down onto her. It felt like standing over the edge of a cliff with the knowledge that something intended to push you down into the depths below.

Move away from where you are, and do so immediately, or else!

The thought consumed her world until it was the only thing left swirling around in her clouded mind. Her eyes found back their independence as they darted rapidly across the room. It was not until they traced Mateo's stride that a moment of clarity hit her; Colette. It had not been some targeted assault or sudden onset food poisoning. They were not the only ones affected, and that realization allowed her to push against the instinctual need to leave in favor of ensuring the well-being of the children. 'May I be excused?' The question felt like a ray of light cutting through the foul darkness consuming her mind.

Doris rushed over to the source, Gwyneira, and her eyes immediately locked onto the gloves she held against her nose. “Are you well?” She asked. Her voice failed to hide she was straining to speak, yet the concerned tone infusing the words remained noticeable. “You are excused, Gwyn. Please, go find the washroom and take care of it.” She confirmed before letting her eyes seek out Colette once more and managed to catch sight of the girl as she power walked out of the hall. Doris could not help but feel sorry for the girl, but she could not find the mental fortitude to follow after her.

I apologize, Gwyn, but I will have to ask you to excuse me in return.” She added to her prior sentence and left the chaotic breakfast hall behind her in favor of the hopefully more calm kitchen. As she made her way into the kitchen, she approached the cooking island in the middle of the space. The day had barely started, and it was already the most hectic in a long time. Attempting to unwind, she resorted to the one habit she wished she could give up on; smoking. Her brand of choice would be considered unladylike by most, but they were cheap and served their purpose well. It definitely did not aid in her goal to eventually quit. She rolled the cigarette back and forth between her fingers and let out a sigh in tandem - lighting up the far end with some help from the stovetop.

Doris took a long drag on her cigarette and let the death stick hang loosely between her fingers as her eyes acknowledged the presence of Jasper in the kitchen. Her pale gaze locked onto the man. “Would you prefer I assist in cleaning up, or is this your time of peace as well?” She asked and blew out the held-in smoke, hoping her remark would be considered witty by the man before her.

- - - - - - - - - -
Interaction: Mateo ( AmberV AmberV ), Gwyneira ( Sybela Sybela ), Jasper ( housegoat13 housegoat13 )
Mentions: Colette

Jasper Cummings
Tags: Doris, Paperface Paperface

Untitled.pngOnce Jasper was within the compound of the kitchen, his growing nausea quickly subsided, and he felt at ease once more. He set the stack of plates he was carrying down onto the stone counter. The best course of action would’ve been to stay in the room with the children, and he sighed as he realized he did exactly the opposite. Colette must have been really overwhelmed.

He moved to the sink and noticed Doris make an entrance into the kitchen as well. He gave a light laugh at her words as he moved to plug the cold metal sink with the silicone stopper. "Those kids are a mess," he smiled, keeping his attention on his current task. "Take as much time as you need." He raised his hand to move the left knob beside the faucet; a slight gurgle resounded throughout the kitchen before beginning to release the hot water.

Last edited:

mood

Exasperated and not at all hungry anymore

Breakfast Hall

outfit

mentions

Said hello to Makoto

tags

N/A

'So much for a nice and quiet morning.’ She thought with a small, exasperated sigh as the breakfast table dissolved into absolute chaos. Really, she has been here for a while now, she should come to expect this. One cannot put children with powers under one roof and not expect a little insanity on a daily basis. Honestly she felt a bit bad for the Caretakers that have to deal with some of the more problem children the orphanage housed. “Oh, Good morning Mr. Makoto!” Olivia said with a small smile upwards as the tall man swept past her to set the milk bottles onto the table.

Realizing she was probably standing in the way with all her hovering by the table, she set her plate onto the wooden surface and claimed a chair next to Ozy, spreading her napkin across her lap to prevent her clothes from getting dirty as she ate. Olivia tuned out the conversation Jasper was having with Ozy, not wanting to appear like she was snooping or being nosy. Besides, her breakfast wasn’t going to eat itself. She picked up her slice of bread and took a bite, feet swinging lightly where they hovered a good deal above the floor.

She was just about the take another bite when the bread suddenly fell back onto her plate as her whole body froze, her chest tightening as a suffocating feeling swarmed her. Her breath hitched harshly in her chest and her arms fell to clench at the arms of her chair, fingernails digging into the wood as her gaze darted to Colette. Logically she knew that what she was feeling was just a by-product of the tall girls oddity, but that thought did nothing to stamp down on the urge to bolt out of the door that was screaming through her whole body.

Her eyes squeezed closed and she attempted to breath through the tightness of her chest. Her nightmare from the night before came roaring back, the sensation buzzing through her body very reminiscent of what it felt like to nearly drown. Thankfully, the feeling only lasted a couple of minutes before the suffocation swept away as quickly as it had come.

Releasing a long sigh, her eyes fluttered open to see that quite a few people had vacated the Breakfast Hall. Frowning lightly, she delicately poked her breakfast, trying her best to eat the food the caretakers had made for them despite her rapidly retreating appetite; it would be rude to waste food after all.

nine lives

• how she's feeling...

Tense

Gwyneira

The Telepath

I guess breakfast is over then. That one sentence, although thought, penetrated the cold bubble that stabbed away at her brain. Gwyn glanced up, thankful for the break in gibberish from her mind. She knew who it belonged to; the voice quite orotund as it resonated with a touch of soothing silver undertones. Jasper's face came to her mind and, with a lot of gratitude, she smiled beneath her gloves.

From where she sat, Doris came into view, and she couldn't help but feel touched at her caretaker's concern. Surely, they all felt some sort of effect from Colette's oddity, but Doris managed to come and check on her condition.
“Sorry, Miss.”
Gwyn muffled from behind the gloves,
“I didn't mean to stain the table.”
She'd come by and scrub away at the blood splotch later, perhaps during free period-- It would also be a great excuse to see if she could have a snack also.

Gwyn watched as Doris left towards the kitchen and, in response, she too pushed from her chair and stood to address the room. Her head, despite still hurting, quieted down significantly. While she wanted to speak about how they all should get along, she didn't want to antagonise the beast by the name of Frida-- The girl already seemed to suffer from an ego complex and another comment from someone who wasn't part of the conversation would probably just send her over the edge.

“Thank you for the...Breakfast”
In situations like these, it was best to be polite, regardless if she had gotten her fill or not.
“But if you'll excuse me”
She curtseyed graciously and quickly retreated to the doorway, her gloves still firmly pressed to her nose.

At the last second, Gwyn turned back to face the direction of the kitchen and let her eyes drift close, only for a moment.
Thank you for the help, Mr Jasper Sir.
Deciding to also test her luck with Miss Doris, Gwyn extended her mind outwards, hoping to reach that of Doris.
Thank you Miss.
And, after she had finished, she left the breakfast hall feeling a lot better after shedding some weight from her mind.

It was easy enough to locate Cole, she didn't have to be a telepath to hear the girl crying as she came to the washroom. Gwyn felt horrible for her, she knew she wasn't trying to hurt anyone but...That was how things went sometimes. Gwyn was sure that each of them, herself included, had unintentionally hurt others. The closer she got to the door, the more she wanted to return back the way she came; Not only was she able to be heard, but Cole's mind practically screamed out. Bracing herself, Gwyn finally entered just to be able to wash up.

She poked her head in first, making sure she wasn't going to smack Cole with the door if she suddenly opened it. To her surprise Annai was also inside and her moment of good thinking clearly rewarded her. Stepping inside and quickly manoeuvring so she wouldn't physically touch either girl, Gwyn pressed herself into a corner until she felt ready to approach the water. God knows how she looked with her soaked gloves and bloody face.

“I don't mean to i-interrupt. ”
Gwyn quickly bit out, sounding a lot more unpleasant than she meant to. Coles thoughts were a mess in her head, the sound just as brittle as her sobs had been.
“I really need to wash up, I hope you don't mind.”
Gwyn bowed her head towards Annai respectively.
“Um..”
She started,
“Are you okay, Colette?”
Gwyn spoke and thought together; Attempted to infiltrate the crying girls mind and soothe her pain-- If only she knew how to control and handle this bloody damn oddity of hers.

♡coded by uxie♡

Colette.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Backroom Labyrinth

Cole froze at the feeling, it was worse then it usually was. Her eyes fluttered around the room world for a moment before the door was slammed open and she jumped. Her mind whirling to much to understand all but the last words. You alright?

Cole shivered and shook her head, no. no. no. she was not okay. She frowned wiping away some tears. She... She had to make sure no one was there, stupid as it may sound, that was the only way she'd feel safe in her delusion being false.

Cole flinched again when another came. God. there were so many people. She pursed her lips and shook her head again, a dog like whimper all she could muster in terms of communication.

Cole opened her mouth. Damn. Nothing, but that's all she expected. Cole tried to mouth words too much in disarray to really say anything. It seemed her words from the moments before were a fluke.

Her eyes met with each girl and she ran her hands through her hair. Quickly repressing her sobs, though her face still looked like she was going to break down.

She couldn't. They watched and they'd kill and she had to make sure it was just a hallucination. Of course it was but...

We're being watched. We have to be careful. We have to find the watcher. Help. Please, Please, Help.

Cole straightened up, her eyes flickering around wildly interacting with what she saw, she stepped purposefully, fingers running over the walls of the bathroom, her mind went to opening the cabnets, to tearing the mirror off the wall, damned be the caretakers. Damned be her. Cole wouldn't do that.

Merde, tu vas devoir m'aider! If i dont tear this room apart ill... ill... tuer quelqu'un!

Cole kicked the leg of the washbin lightly and sat backdown not even looking or observing the people around her, Anger, Misery, all taking over her brain till she had to just... Sit there. "Ugh..."

( Merde, tu vas devoir m'aider! =
Damn it, you have to help me! | tuer quelqu'un! = Kill someone! )

♡coded by uxie♡

Colette.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Backroom Labyrinth

Cole froze at the feeling, it was worse then it usually was. Her eyes fluttered around the room world for a moment before the door was slammed open and she jumped. Her mind whirling to much to understand all but the last words. You alright?

Cole shivered and shook her head, no. no. no. she was not okay. She frowned wiping away some tears. She... She had to make sure no one was there, stupid as it may sound, that was the only way she'd feel safe in her delusion being false.

Cole flinched again when another came. God. there were so many people. She pursed her lips and shook her head again, a dog like whimper all she could muster in terms of communication.

Cole opened her mouth. Damn. Nothing, but that's all she expected. Cole tried to mouth words too much in disarray to really say anything. It seemed her words from the moments before were a fluke.

Her eyes met with each girl and she ran her hands through her hair. Quickly repressing her sobs, though her face still looked like she was going to break down.

She couldn't. They watched and they'd kill and she had to make sure it was just a hallucination. Of course it was but...

We're being watched. We have to be careful. We have to find the watcher. Help. Please, Please, Help.

Cole straightened up, her eyes flickering around wildly interacting with what she saw, she stepped purposefully, fingers running over the walls of the bathroom, her mind went to opening the cabnets, to tearing the mirror off the wall, damned be the caretakers. Damned be her. Cole wouldn't do that.

Merde, tu vas devoir m'aider! If i dont tear this room apart ill... ill... tuer quelqu'un!

Cole kicked the leg of the washbin lightly and sat backdown not even looking or observing the people around her, Anger, Misery, all taking over her brain till she had to just... Sit there. "Ugh..."

( Merde, tu vas devoir m'aider! =
Damn it, you have to help me! | tuer quelqu'un! = Kill someone! )

♡coded by uxie♡

• how she's feeling...

Tense

Gwyneira

The Telepath

I guess breakfast is over then. That one sentence, although thought, penetrated the cold bubble that stabbed away at her brain. Gwyn glanced up, thankful for the break in gibberish from her mind. She knew who it belonged to; the voice quite orotund as it resonated with a touch of soothing silver undertones. Jasper's face came to her mind and, with a lot of gratitude, she smiled beneath her gloves.

From where she sat, Doris came into view, and she couldn't help but feel touched at her caretaker's concern. Surely, they all felt some sort of effect from Colette's oddity, but Doris managed to come and check on her condition.
“Sorry, Miss.”
Gwyn muffled from behind the gloves,
“I didn't mean to stain the table.”
She'd come by and scrub away at the blood splotch later, perhaps during free period-- It would also be a great excuse to see if she could have a snack also.

Gwyn watched as Doris left towards the kitchen and, in response, she too pushed from her chair and stood to address the room. Her head, despite still hurting, quieted down significantly. While she wanted to speak about how they all should get along, she didn't want to antagonise the beast by the name of Frida-- The girl already seemed to suffer from an ego complex and another comment from someone who wasn't part of the conversation would probably just send her over the edge.

“Thank you for the...Breakfast”
In situations like these, it was best to be polite, regardless if she had gotten her fill or not.
“But if you'll excuse me”
She curtseyed graciously and quickly retreated to the doorway, her gloves still firmly pressed to her nose.

At the last second, Gwyn turned back to face the direction of the kitchen and let her eyes drift close, only for a moment.
Thank you for the help, Mr Jasper Sir.
Deciding to also test her luck with Miss Doris, Gwyn extended her mind outwards, hoping to reach that of Doris.
Thank you Miss.
And, after she had finished, she left the breakfast hall feeling a lot better after shedding some weight from her mind.

It was easy enough to locate Cole, she didn't have to be a telepath to hear the girl crying as she came to the washroom. Gwyn felt horrible for her, she knew she wasn't trying to hurt anyone but...That was how things went sometimes. Gwyn was sure that each of them, herself included, had unintentionally hurt others. The closer she got to the door, the more she wanted to return back the way she came; Not only was she able to be heard, but Cole's mind practically screamed out. Bracing herself, Gwyn finally entered just to be able to wash up.

She poked her head in first, making sure she wasn't going to smack Cole with the door if she suddenly opened it. To her surprise Annai was also inside and her moment of good thinking clearly rewarded her. Stepping inside and quickly manoeuvring so she wouldn't physically touch either girl, Gwyn pressed herself into a corner until she felt ready to approach the water. God knows how she looked with her soaked gloves and bloody face.

“I don't mean to i-interrupt. ”
Gwyn quickly bit out, sounding a lot more unpleasant than she meant to. Coles thoughts were a mess in her head, the sound just as brittle as her sobs had been.
“I really need to wash up, I hope you don't mind.”
Gwyn bowed her head towards Annai respectively.
“Um..”
She started,
“Are you okay, Colette?”
Gwyn spoke and thought together; Attempted to infiltrate the crying girls mind and soothe her pain-- If only she knew how to control and handle this bloody damn oddity of hers.

♡coded by uxie♡
// Formatting coming soon

Stumbling out of the door, Annai finally allowed her illusion to drop. She took a second to catch her breath, releasing the air she hadn’t realized she’d been holding in.

Moments later, someone blew past her. She whirled around, but wasn’t able to catch who it was. She tried to look for where they’d gone, but they’d already disappeared.

Now that she was out of the room, that terrible feeling was beginning to subside. She still had no intention of going back into the breakfast hall, for fear of being exposed to Colette’s aura again, so she decided to use the little bit of time she had before class on something else. She could stand to go hungry for a few hours.

As she walked down the corridor, her mind drifted to Abigail. She hadn’t wanted to let anyone know, but she was quite concerned. The Caretakers were incredibly thorough, and a missing child was definitely not normal.

“Abigail?” she called, despite knowing that she was unlikely to get a response.

To her surprise, she did hear something. Someone - probably one of the girls, from the sound of it - was crying. It sounded like it was coming from down the hall.

Abigail!

She raced down the corridor, before stopping at the washroom door. The crying was definitely coming from in here.

Normally, one does not simply attempt to enter an obviously occupied washroom. However, in her state, Annai was not thinking clearly.

“Abi-“ Her voice was cut off when she saw who was in the bathroom. It was decidedly not Abigail, but Colette.

She took a step back. “I- I apologize. I’ll.. be on my…” Her voice trailed off.

Despite Colette’s obvious emotional distress, her aura was not in effect. Annai didn’t feel like she did before.

Her heart told her what to do, and for once, she listened.

(Maybe she shouldn’t have.)

“Hey… Colette? Are you alright?” Her tone was a far cry from her signature smug drawl. There was genuine compassion in her voice.

The cabinet doors thud…

Then burst open as a black shadow flung itself from within. In an explosion of feathers and paper, Colette found herself beset upon by a raven, croaking madly. After ensuring the girl’s hair was rendered a mess and clawing a bit at her eyes, the raven perched on the faucet and took in its surroundings.

It gave one final caw and eyed each and every one of the girls one by one as if studying them. If they looked closely enough, they would realize this was no ordinary raven, for on its head was not two, but five black eyes.

It remained still, watching… waiting… while a collection of torn pages lie scattered on the floor with writing. Diagrams and text were framed by notes penned by various authors but Cole would see one that looked especially familiar to her. Some notes, albeit frantic, we’re undoubtedly Abigail’s.

Last edited:

Mateo Solinas
Mateo sighed, watching Colette burst from the room. He ran his fingers through hair that he could swear was getting more and more gray by the day. He truly hadn't intended to upset her so severely, but she had always been a delicate child, wound tight like the spring of a music box.
There was very little point to her removal now, as breakfast had dissolved entirely. Mac was still trying to sort Frida, poor Gwyn had fled with a nosebleed, and Colette had managed to clear her fair share of seats at the table.
And still no Abigail. Which was now far more than slightly confusing. It was now rather concerning. The general chaos of the mornings made it difficult for anyone to sleep in, unless they were feeling unwell. Someone would have to go check her room, perhaps she was coming down with something and had felt herself unfit to make it to breakfast.

His thoughts were interuppted as Oz spoke up from the doorway and Mateo turned to face the child. The plushie, moments ago in tatters, was intact as if nothing had happened and Mateo found himself once again wondering how the oddities could possibly work. This child could mold time like clay with relative ease, something he would have previously thought beyond the scope of anyone but God, while he was simply unable to ever rest. Perhaps he can bring me back to a time in my life when I was able to take an afternoon nap.

He remembered his final dream and ice slithered down his spine. Perhaps not.

Trying to mask those lingering feelings, Mateo shifted from side to side for a moment as he glanced down at the boy, "Yes, yes, a little help in the garden would be appreciated. Put some muscle on those shoulders, work up a proper sweat. You can meet me outside after your morning lessons."

Tags: Sunsmiter Sunsmiter
Mention: Ozymandias, Colette, Frida, Gwyn

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Annai Mestra
The emotion of fear is a powerful one. It twists minds and breaks them down until they are hardly capable of rational thought. It turns people into shadows of themselves, driven by one goal and one goal only: make the fear stop.

People are afraid of feeling scared. Ironic, but true.

----

Just as she was opening her mouth to make an attempt at comforting the girl, another figure burst into the bathroom. Gwyneira, she believed. The newcomer noticed Colette's hysteria, and asked the same question that Annai had.

Colette had no response.

The raven did.

Annai couldn't make anything out as it was happening. All she saw was a black blur. Before she was able to react, it was over.

Or so she thought.

It perched on the faucet, and Annai could finally see what it was. A raven. How had that gotten in here?

She looked closer, and her heart dropped.

Five eyes stared back at her, observing her, calculating, scrutinizing.

Those around her (human or otherwise) saw her freeze, staring at the raven in absolute horror.

It wasn't really her. In actuality, she was long gone, having fled the room like an angel out of hell.

----

Was the illusion enough? Would it fool whatever that was? How long could she hold it for?

She didn't have time to consider these thoughts further. Right now, her first priority was to run. As fast as possible.

Down the corridor, around the corners, as far and fast as she could.

Maybe memorizing the orphanage's layout would have been a good idea after all.

Finally, she reached a dead end. Well, not really a dead end. Two doors stood in front of her. She recognized them as the doors to the library.

She dared to take a glance behind her. It didn't seem like that thing had given chase. Yet.

She wasn't thinking straight. Thus, her exhausted mind and body took this as an excuse to rest.

Annai slumped to the floor, leaning against the doors. That illusion had taken a lot out of her. She hadn't had a lot of time to concentrate on it, and she'd had to place it in such a way that it'd obscure her flight. Combined with how much physical energy she'd exhausted while running - she was no athlete, having spent the majority of her life focusing on sedentary pastimes - she had burned away any vigor she had left.

• how she's feeling...

Tense

Gwyneira

The Telepath

Gwyneira hadn’t noticed the feeling immediately but here it was; ebbing it’s way into her very flesh like some sort of serpent slithering over her. In all her time spent at the orphanage, this amount of dread had never washed over her, in fact she didn’t think that there was ever a time where she felt unsafe…Until now.

She definitely understood the thoughts of Colette now: Something was watching them— She was right. Gwyn too glanced about from her position, her shoulders hunching up as the chill terrified her entire body. She felt on edge, completely vulnerable and all she wanted to do was get the hell out.

The girl attempted to make herself seem smaller in the corner she had positioned herself in. Surely nothing could touch her while she was pressed so tightly into the spot she was in. While she experienced this unnerving sensation, she could also make out the pleas of help from Colette. There was something painful about how she sounded; Gwyn was used to Colette having a mellifluous tone, especially when she used French. Now she sounded desperate, tremulous even.

Colette looked completely broken, which was quite understandable from how the events of this morning had taken place. Perhaps she just needed some comfort and, despite her wanting to help, Gwyn wasn’t the person for that. She frowned from her position, feeling completely helpless for the girl that sat on the floor.

Colette, if you can hear me…Please try and calm down.
She pleaded with the girl through telepathy. Gwyn could feel those emotions resonating from her mind; Anger, misery- It was enough to make her furrow her brow and wince.

She took a step forward, braving her emotions to at least extend her gloves out. While she detested and feared physical contact, surely she’d be fine with an extension of some sort.

The sound of the cabinets diverted her attention and the moment the doors swung open, Gwyneira threw herself back with as much force as she could against the wall she had been positioned at. With a sickening thwack that reverberated over her whole body, she slid to the ground and dropped both her gloves just to be able to grasp her poor head and soothe it from her sheer stupidity regarding her velocity.

Tending to herself only lasted as long as the stars obscured her vision, when they passed she watched in horror as Colette was set upon.

“Colette!”
Gwyn yelled out, wishing she suddenly had Frida’s telekinesis just so she could help. She took no notice of the papers sprawled over, her attention too focused on the bird that popped out of its hiding spot and poor Colette who definitely wasn’t haven’t the greatest of days today.

But…This was no ordinary bird. The eyes weren’t a pair, no. Set upon its head were five. She remembered that her parents always scolded her for staring at something for too long but this…Now this was an oddity. The way it perched itself on the faucet and the gleam in the eyes just felt like it was watching each of them.

Gwyn slowly pushed herself back up the wall, returning to her feet and attempting to make sure she wasn’t making any sudden movements. She glanced at the other in the room besides herself and Cole and just as she was about to ask if she was okay, the visage of the girl vanished on the spot.

She’d left them both. Truthfully, she couldn’t be upset. Anyone would have taken the opportunity to escape the room and Gwyn wouldn’t hold that against her. For now, she wanted to make sure she could get Colette and herself out of this mess without either of them ending up as bird feed. At least all the commotion was a nice distraction from the bitter headache.

Gwyneira moved ever so slowly along the wall, her hands feeling along the door frame as she searched for the handle. The only solution she could possibly think of was holding the door open and leaving the caretakers to deal with this thing that was inside.

♡coded by uxie♡

Doris MartinDoris_Martin.jpg
I had thought we would be accustomed to their foolishness by now,” She responded, a slight smile curving at the corners of her mouth, “but just the same as the children, we have not learned a thing.” Doris let her gaze drop down onto the smoldering cigarette between her fingers. Woodbine. It had been a long time ago she had taken up the habit of smoking. She recalled people called them 'gaspers' because new smokers found it difficult to inhale the harsh smoke. It was an earned reputation. She had discovered that firsthand when she nearly coughed up a lung after her first drag. It got easier after that, regretfully. Yet, that memory paled compared to what Colette was able to inflict on a person.

Her pale gaze pulled away from the dancing embers at the end of her cigarette. She brought her hand up to take another drag. The smoke circulated within her before being expelled by Doris blowing it out once again. Her stress seemed to gradually melt away with each plume of smoke that left her mouth. It seemed, for a moment, that she wanted to speak up but refrained from doing so, as if the topic she had thought of was not one she wished to discuss.

Mateo mentioned he found Makoto sleeping in the hall,” Doris spoke up after finding a different subject to discuss, her eyes honing in on Jasper with determined focus. “It looks to me like he might have kept Abigail awake for something in the early hours of the night. She must still be sleeping in her room. It must have been quite the undertaking if he fell asleep in the hall.” She paused for a moment while she pressed out the butt of her cigarette - disposing of it. “Did you by chance happen to see him last night?

- - - - - - - - - -
Interaction: Jasper ( housegoat13 housegoat13 )
Mentions: Colette, Mateo, Makoto

Colette.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Backroom Labyrinth

Cole crumpled onto herself, whimpering as the bird came at her. Then it touched her. Touched her.

It wasn't a hallucination. Cole attempted to push the bird away but in her shock couldn't do much. Her face stung but that wasn't what Cole was focused on. She met eyes with the raven. It wasn't a hallucination and yet... Five eyes. Cole was terrified, but... she felt better now that she knew she was actually being watched and wasn't getting worse. She wasnt... Wasnt some paranoid wacko.

Her eyes flickered to the papers and her breath hitched. "Chérie..." Cole's soft honeyed voice whispered almost silently, thickened with her accent, a deeper tone then what a lot of people would expect from her.

Her body fling at the papers frantically gathering them up, like a starving beggar at breadcrumbs. She was more careful with the papers then she was with most things. Like they were a treasure worth killing herself for.

She glanced up at the bird just in case. More thankful to the bird then anything at the moment, Abigail...

Abigail. Its her writing.

Even in Cole's mind the sweetness she said the girls name with was clear. All thoughts of things other then the writing had stopped. Anger gone, thoughts of the problems that happened during breakfast completely silent, and her cheeks began drying.

But... L’appétit vient en mangeant.

All Cole wanted now was Abigail herself but... Cole let out a small sound of distress.

They've taken Abigail away haven't they... She's never coming back isn't she...? The quiet thoughts she didn't want to think rung in her head.

Of course, Cole didn't know if what she had seen was a nightmare or if it was a reality she didn't want to face. Mon Dieu... What was she to do.

She pursed her lips, looking back at Gwyn. The girl inching toward the door, the bird stared.

No sudden movements. Cole intentionally projected, it would be a bad idea to fuck with the bird. Her cheek was already bleeding from la bête.

While Colette didn't know a lot about animals she... Well just like people they attacked when your back was turned or you tried to run. She hoped that got across.

Cole, turned her eyes back to her, abeilles, writings. Doing her best to read all the hurried notes. She was more important then anything for Cole in this moment,

( Chérie = Darling. | L’appétit vient en mangeant (Appetite comes with eating) = The more you have, the more you want. | Mon Dieu = My god. | la bête = The Beast. | Abeille's (bee's) = nickname for Abigail. )

♡coded by uxie♡

Jasper Cummings
Tags: Doris, Paperface Paperface

Untitled.png
"When pigs fly." Jasper chuckled in agreement, watching as the water began to fill the basin. He had seen his mother do the same many times before, on quiet afternoons when the fire crackled on the hearthstone and a textbook was in his hands. He was meant to be studying, but he couldn’t help but recognize her work. Now he found himself missing the comfort of his family. When the sink was full, he pushed the left knob back to its original position.

He was caught off guard when Doris spoke again, but he did little to give his inattentiveness away. He looked up at the woman from his crouched position, where he had been absentmindedly towering over the sink in his previous woolgathering. Confusion instantly sparked in his grey irises at her words, "Children aren't supposed to be up past nine..." he thought aloud. Jasper then softly shook his head in response to her question, "I didn’t see Makoto last night, but that doesn’t seem like him." He couldn’t imagine the man readily breaking curfew or falling so easily to the lull of sleep as Doris described.

Last edited:
Caretaker
Makoto Madiyarov
theme

If the situation before had been simmering, it was at full-boil now. In fact, his threats seemed to only rile the she-wolf of a girl up even more, her voice rising like the shrill whistle of a British tea kettle.
Vengeance colored her countenance. Spite dribbled from her mouth like poisoned wine. Despite the show, Makoto knew Frida was just acting as a cornered hell-cat would, defending her viciousness to the end. He nearly made a move for her arm, to get her up and drag her to morning classes without a lick of breakfast. As if on cue, Frida had made a move all of her own. She was no shadow-woman now; telekinetically ripping a limb off of the chatterbox boy's toy convinced Makoto that a different spirit was surely at work.
An onryō, spirit remnants of a wronged one, manifesting itself as a woman in most of the tales he knew. The fair-haired girl was well in its clutches, dismembering the toy of an extra two limbs, satisfaction tinging the impetuous laugh that followed.

Makoto winced. Every time he thought he was prepared to tolerate it, the French girl's aura manipulations seemed to grow a new head. It stared a now disoriented Frida back down onto her seat, shoulders tensed in pain. Her sun-strewn hair fell like a curtain as she hid her head in her hands.

Colette was gone and Quinn, who had been shoved in her direction, had an air of foolish, but at the very least self-aware, sympathy for Frida's predicament. At the mention of Ozy, Makoto's gaze snapped towards him, wanting to gauge if his reaction was also going to be the thunderous third act of this drama he called today's breakfast. Instead, Ozymandias was nearly out the door for Mr. Solinas, his toy's shattered threads trailing behind him.

A seed of relief. The veteran's gaze traveled, landing on Olivia. It seemed her natural inclination towards cheerful politeness made her unable to slip away, like many others already did. She picked at her food for the sake of appearance, appetite evidently lost.

"Olivia," called out Makoto. "Breakfast means to eat the food on your plate. If you are not hungry, you can go to your morning classes. Take Frida with you."

It wasn't his best solution, but he had already spent enough time. He could already spy the mouse-brown hair of Doris and the aproned-form of Jasper through the kitchen door windows. So, completing their earlier mission, Makoto's grip found Frida's upper arm and hoisted her back up, his tired, shadowed eyes warning Quinn to retract his act of kindness away. Sympathy was nothing to be faulted for. Only for showing it to the wrong people at the wrong time.

Makoto began to walk, towing the defeated she-wolf by the arm all the way to the door and stopped, waiting for Olivia to join them.

"No detours, no strange business," Makoto stage-whispered to her, his tone low and cast-iron, not noticing that the correct expression was 'funny business'. "Another outburst and you will have your date with the garbages again, this time with Ozymandias' help."

He let go of her arm and gave Quinn his own soldier-like nod for dismissal. When all was said and done, he opened the kitchen doors with a weary but purposeful gait. The muffled musings of Jasper as he had made his way were now clear, in time with catching the last of his words.

When all their gazes locked, the Abigail question hung out towards to him like an ornament on the verge of falling off its tree.

"Doris," he started. "Jasper."

Mateo was not in here of course, dealing with the likes of Ozy, but with luck, he would be filled in sooner rather than later. Makoto knew he could have said more, but the prickliness first needed to be dealt with. Grabbing a bowl of steaming hot kettle water and a towel, Makoto stood in front of the faded kitchen mirror and doused his lower jaw, beginning to shave with Frida's knife.

He had a mind to tell them. It was only right, the only honourable thing to do. But the meaning of those words? He felt as if he'd lost, in the mud all those years ago. When the rains came, only self-preservation was left.

Makoto raised the kitchen towel to his face. Instead of its coarseness, a sickly, oily, smoothness smothered him for a moment, forcing him still. Weight lifted off his arms, as if the ghost of her thin body was being taken, forever from his grasp.

A ricochet of struggle, for air that it would not let her breathe, even just for a moment. Makoto blinked, realizing that there was sharp cling and clanging reverberating across the room. He looked down. His knife glinted back, having just settled down on the floor.

Makoto sighed and crouched down, picking the knife up. Upon turning, the usual intensity of his eyes seemed replaced with something more grave, more haunted.

"Abigail was up," he finally spoke, glancing at Jasper. "Awake and out, when she was not supposed to be, trying to wake Colette in her room. She almost did, if I hadn't followed and subdued her and her power, and they fell back to sleep. The Okami..." Makoto's breath hitched. It was his word for her. He crossed his arms, leaning against the sink, eyes cast down. "She was there. She dealt with the rest. Edgar was at the stairs. He saw her shadow, and I felt her hands close my eyes, guide me up the stairs. Abigail was asleep in my arms. Then she was...taken. From me, in front of me. The Okami never let me see a thing. She was choked, dead, but her voice spoke to me, asking if she could descend the stairs. I knew the protocol. I told it..."

His voice wavered, in a way that he did not like. So he cut off, trying to clear his throat discreetly. Abigail Lipton had always been a quiet thing, but something in her utter loyalty to those she cherished, like the French girl, reminded him of his own little girl. Always stubbornly devoted to care for those she was too young in her years to take upon as a burden, like her late grandfather or her witch of a mother, before her grief consumed her.

"I told it no. The sound it made as it listened and left, I couldn't make any sense of it. I was still in the dark, her fingers still keeping my eyes closed as I went back down the stairs. Then I woke up, right against the main foyer windowsill. As if I had slept all along."

Almost as if to drive his point home, Makoto glanced at his bedraggled reflection in the mirror, a derisive glint in his eye. A soft swear slipped out from under his breath.

"Kuso...the evidence says otherwise."

kuso | "damn..."

CODE BY SEROBLISS / VALOROUS ORDER

Last edited:
Ozymandias
Interactions: Annai
Mentions: Bathroom trio

"My thanks, Mateo! See you then!" Oz was already back to his usual cheerful self, trudging out the hallway and toting his usual plushie as expected. He hurried out to the hallway, heading onwards obliviously to the usual morning classes. It was the commotion in the bathroom that caught his notice, yet even then he didn't do anything so much out of the ordinary than call out. "Heya, everything alright over there? I'm too tired to reverse a broken sink right now, so don't break anything!" the attempt at humor fell flat given the fact the previous bathroom situation, but Oz, of course, wouldn't know that.
Ah, dramatic irony, you just gotta love it.
The sound of Annai bursting out of the bathroom door certainly caught his wandering attention and Oz wasn't really thinking when he gave chase. Whatever Annai was running from, he sure as hell didn't wanna find out right now.
"Annai? Annai! Hey-! Are you alright?"

aurivee_ aurivee_

Users who are viewing this thread

Back