Mood: Accomplished and Sociable, yet slightly melancholic
Tags: GearBlade654 GearBlade654 , FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla , , Nightwisher Nightwisher ,
RedLight RedLight , Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 (Mission GM)

The maneuver had proved to be a success as the remaining Xenomorphs in the right were set ablaze by the attacks, their pain-filled screeches rolling out from up high until they fell like incandescent meteorites, unable to maintain flight only to finishing burning against the sidewalk below. Beside the pyromancer, more red lasers shoot out into towards the sky, taking down the remainder of the creatures. Their job here was done, a sense of accomplishment at having provided assistance remained in the air, together with the lingering bitter smell of charred flesh... And also a dejection, a needle-like sharpness of sorrow for every single precious life that had been lost today.

Observing the battlefield from high above really put things into perspective. The weight of the conflict, the waste of spiritual resources. Before descending back to ground level, Sage had just stood there for a moment, silently in grief, placing the hand of loss, --the left hand-- over his chest, peacefully sharing his prayers and condolences. May the Gods watch over their lights and guide them to a new, better life. There was no knowing if the strange animals had a light of their own, what with being of extraterrestrial origin even for this world, but the college student hoped that they would find inner peace as well, in whichever shape it would come to the creatures. A single tear had rolled out sizing against the heat and evaporating as if carrying his prayers together with it... bringing it to the Heavens where they may be heard.

"The civvies are out, kid.", he had looked up, surprised by the sudden voice of the man. Right, the communication device, these were definitely
a first for the temple-raised young man, "Let's bail, our work is done."

Taking a deep breath and a look towards the desolate town, his wings flapped anew, chaining in a loop to ease the descent. As soon as Sage had reached the ground again, they vanished, scattered in the wind behind him, who was already making his way to join the ground group. Collaterals aside, they had done a good job and the student felt quite good about that! Also, these guys were excellent too, it had been some refreshing teamwork. They had all been really cool together!

"H-hey!", the boy had raised his right arm in greeting, soon forced to gesture with the other one towards an approaching xenomorph, sending a crescent-shaped fire attack in its direction forcing it to take further distance. The right arm had somehow managed to remain up despite all that, "Nice work, everyone!", he smiled at them.

"So, how are we supposed to get to the big weird plane in the sky?", the pyromancer had inquired pointing up, "Sci-fi teleporters? Do I just fly up there and knock asking to be let in? Oh! And anyone need a ride up there? 'Cause I can take a single passenger with me, no problem."
Magic Output: 35%

Last edited:
The Force Commander​
Tactical Sergeant Tarkus
Devastator Sergeant Avitus
Scout Sergeant Cyrus
Actions: Moving Out​
Actions: Moving Out
FC.jpg
Tarkus.jpg
Avitus.jpg
Cyrus.jpg
"Panic will do you no good. Stay in the transport. We'll handle the rest."
The last thing they needed was panic from an ally. Tarkus had seen some of the less iron-willed Imperial Guard turn tail and flee before. Every time that happened, it had been utter chaos-and Tarkus, nor the strike team here as a whole, did not need that. But what the hell was keeping Connor in there?
"Hostiles ahead, brothers. Prepare for combat."
"Bah! Let them try. I will simply kill more of them."
The Force Commander strode ahead, his face a grim scowl as he marched forward, thunder hammer in hand, and his marines in tow. Every last man had seen this before.
And they were about to see it again. This was no more than the first of many conflicts in tow for them.
Avitus was slightly amused watching the Engineer ( FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla ) move on ahead with such ferocity.
"Quite the aggressive spirit. Let's see if he lives up to it in combat."
"We shall see."
Avitus was significantly less amused upon Appsro's remarks.
"Ladies?!"
"There is no time to rebuke this man for his words, Avitus. Let us dispense of these xenos."
"...hmph. When this is over I shall teach this fool a lesson in respect."
With that, the Marines charged forward, the Force Commander trampling any doors in the way. And by trample, I mean serve as a walking battering ram. Doors flew off their hinges as marines under the Force Commander's command followed. Any terminators foolish enough to be in the way were going to be greeted by a hail of firepower and a hammer to the face.​
UEF Commander Nikolai Petrov​
Human Base #107, Commander Max Thompson​
Actions: Deploying Forces to Main Group's Location​
Actions: Deploying Forces to Main Group's Location​
UEF ACU.jpg
Human_Screenshot_05.1402680885.jpg
"UEF Commander Nikolai Petrov to whoever can hear me, what the hell is going on in there?!"
Petrov may not have been able to enter the facility, but he heard well what was happening in there. And for the first time, the sheer size of UEF military forces were a huge disadvantage.
And Petrov couldn't do anything.

"What the hell?! All units, open fire!"
All four Tridents coldly directed their cannons, and within seconds bright blue blasts flew from the Tridents' cannons at the T-800. The Revolver immediately opened fire as well, three plasma bolts flying at the T-800.
Then Thompson heard Connor call for time.
"We can do that, and much better! Tridents! Move up, keep that thing distracted!"
The Tridents, in response, silently floated a bit forward before their plasma cannons opened fire-they may not have packed a huge punch, but enough plasma fire and they would get somewhere.

darkred darkred

Last edited:
  • daoat3a-a5d45e01-6e28-4b78-bf3d-fd05d3084e4d.png

Seeing wolf-girl lower herself again, Rin let out a sweet smile followed by a grin full of determination. This was going to be awesome and just like charging with a trusty animal companion ride into battle!!!! Unable to contain her excitement, the vocaloid girl had squealed in delight at the idea of it, having to take a while to calm herself down to carefully mount on the pretty white creature. Gesturing with her guitar forwards as a 'go' sign, she had let the instrument fade back into the cluster of pixels for the journey, reaching the conclusion that it would get in the way of the ride.

Like something out of an anime, the pair had soared through the air, hopping from sticking out structure to the next, progressively approaching ground level until the descent had been completed. Rin was a-ma-zed! Her pink and white polka-dotted ribbon flowed in the wind as they went, the breath-taking eagle-like perspective of the scenery prompting her to let out a loud 'AWESOME!!!!' after the first couple leaps. The android had never thought that she'd be flying so high up in her life, but omg she was sooooo glad it had happened now! These sort of things made Rin feel like she could do anything she put her heart to. It was truly inspiring~!

Coming off the hype though, she had leaned a bit forward, tilting her head and making eye contact with her wolf-friend:

"Rin is not hurting you like this, is she?", the girl asked concerned, the other didn't seem hurt but with the lady having a passenger of so much weight, it seemed important to ask anyway, "Can you still keep going? I won't mind it if you need to rest a little."

Little by little the rest of the group had also joined them outside, each making their descents on the ways they could. The white-haired young man's one had been by far the most attention-grabbing to the little girl, as some kind of huge tree-being had poofed into existence, coming from the ground, picked the male up with some tendrils and then, grew backwards?? The blonde android had no idea of what had just happened, except for the fact that it had been awe-strucking, and she could only stare at the other with her mouth hanging open. In fact, when he had approached the pair, Rin had thought that was what he had come to talk about, which made her slightly self-conscious of all the staring, something she had been ready to apologise for...

"For what it's worth, I don't hate you... You don't try to harm humans."

...Only to be rendered confused and speechless by the unexpected lines, blinking a couple of times:

"...T-thanks?", she had tilted her head in a loss as to what to even reply with, "Rin... doesn't hate you either!", she had smiled innocently at him, "I hope we can all be nice friends to each other~~!"

Since she wasn't supposed to be attending to missions yet, the female Vocaloid's console hadn't been modified to receive internal comm exchanges yet, only able to receive incoming calls from her brother by the joint network in-between the softwares themselves and only if they were in a same building, simultaneously. Thus, Rin could not listen to any of the messages sent on the group frequency, merely noticing the income of an army of machines towards their direction, at first, making her grow concerned until she had realized that they were different from the so-called 'terminators'. Ohh, those were friendly robots!

"Everyone is coming! Yay!!", the girl had exclaimed happily, putting her arms up high.

As the leader of the variated group of helpers, Marcus had pressed on for the search of John and Rin, together with her wolf companion had followed on the rear end, eager to help but not as eager to put herself in harm's way right on. Having re-summoned the guitar at some point, the older sibling held the instrument's arm thigh, ready to swing it at the first bad robot she saw. But of course, no matter how ready she could make herself, as someone with a life-span of 12 years, --practically a child--, she had hesitated, nervously alternating her gaze between Marcus, John and the terminator attacking them, worried that by jumping in at any moment she'd be getting in the way of the experienced adults more than actually helping them. Rin was scared, determined but scared. For her, for the others... It was only natural.

Her processor heated up with apprehension and worry as the fight progressed. First, it had been Marcus' hand, burned away by some kind incredibly hot substance that looked like lava, but she didn't know enough about to tell for sure. Then it had been the cyborg himself. Covering her mouth in horror, Rin's optics wavered filled with emotions that would not convey themselves, a part of her wanting to scream, but seemingly unable of releasing any sound. Time appeared to go still, as she locked gazes with her fallen mechanical-ish friend for what had felt like an eternity. It was as if from that point on, the girl had suddenly found herself trapped in time, reliving that moment over and over. Or perhaps, her circuits were acting up under pressure and that was exactly what was happening... It was hard to tell when you were the one experiencing it.

Impressions or memory glitches, Rin had gone inert for a while, only coming back a while later when John had said something about being able to revive Marcus. It had been enough. The girl didn't care how or if it was even possible or not, she just wanted to believe in it. To grasp upon that little hope and run with it far away, beyond the hills. Hovering her hand on the console, the girl brought forth a second guitar, this time white and gold, soon holding both by their necks, one on each hand:

"Ryoukai!" (Roger!), the line of an old tokusatsu had been spoken loud and clear, "Get in front of them, wolf-lady! I'm about to break some guitars on some evil robots' heads!!", she had announced doing just that, the solid hologram shattering in a million pieces upon impact fading back into nothing but pixels, but not before leaving a nice heavy dent on the enemy, "We gotta protect John and Marcus with everything we've got!!"

She gave the console a new hover and the destroyed previous guitar had reappeared, ready to be employed as a weapon again. As long as she didn't try to have more than two of the same instrument out at the same time, Rin would never run out of guitars. At least, not until she had run out of power first!

Last edited:
[class=header] height: 30px; background-color: #E83437; color: #fff; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 100%; padding-top: 4px; [/class] [class=bigHeader] background-color: #E83437; color: #fff; font-size: 20px; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=wrapperDiv] background-color: #fff; color: #000; padding: 10px; font-size: 13px; [/class]
[div class=wrapperDiv]
[div class=bigHeader]CHRONOLOGY: THE CAPE[/div]

• [div class=header]POST[/div]INTERACTING: darkred darkred (DM)
    MENTIONED: Nightwisher Nightwisher (Penelope) Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Rin) FactionParadox FactionParadox (Spectre)
    GROUP: Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

Moving through the Skynet complex, Mask's Renegade Jack and Ronin turned every hallway and room they passed into a burning hellscape. It was safe to say that Spectre's comment went unnoticed by Mask, but Mask unintentionally accelerated the job that Spectre had started. The former Navy SEAL swung the Infernal Ripper with reckless abandon as they ran. Every Terminator, pipe, and moving thing that wasn't an ally was forcibly incinerated from their path. The orange flames from the Ripper turned the white walls black and slagged the polymers and metals that dared stand in the blade's way. Mask let out a CACKLE as he tore his way through Skynet's forces. JACK was already getting into Mask's head. It wasn't Jack tearing destroying these machines, it was MASK...only it was a Mask that was as insane as Jack. If MASK could open Jack's mouth, the GRIN that would ensue would be wider than the Joker's. Right now, Mask LIVED to see EVERYTHING BURN. He wasn't going to let a single MACHINE stay ALIVE once he was done. "Hehehehe...Where's the next one? Feed my flames!"

If Ronin wasn't one and the same as Abraham, they would be scared of Mask. The Navy SEAL went from perfectly reasonable to completely insane in one transformation and his only desire was to see everything burn. The mild fear that Ronin felt was soon replaced by envy and a sense of attacked pride. There Mask was, destroying their enemies like nothing, and what was Ronin doing? Flying through walls. Oh no. Ronin wasn't going to be out done by the madman. The blue flames across the Ghost's body burned more intensely Ronin caught up to Mask using a pressurized jet of flames. With a sweep of both of his swords, he cut through a small group Terminators with a wave of flames. The metallic remains of the machines still burned blue despite being metal and supposedly inflammable. The already horrific endoskeletons were being melted into piles of slag that looked like horror movie monsters. With every single machine Ronin encountered, the same fate awaited.

"Hehehe...burn...burn...burn...You're a funny Ghost aren't you? Trying to keep up with me? I don't think the robots can feel pain if you burn them like that, but it doesn't stop me from imagining their screams as they burn...hehehehe..." The insane figure in charred armor halted his rampage to look at Ronin's own rampage. The GHOST knew how to make things BURN too, didn't they? So ANGRY. Mask couldn't understand why the GHOST was so ANGRY when all of this DESTRUCTION was happening. Nothing brought Jack more JOY than the smell of BURNING flesh and plastics.

"You're insane, Jack," responded Ronin with a growl. The Ghost was clearly displeased, whether it be their most common demeanor or a result of Jack was up for debate.

"Oh my! You know my name? Where'd you find that out?" Jack was definitely intrigued how Ronin figured out what their name was. Masques knew every other Masques' name, but Ghost were their own group. But this ANGRY GHOST seemed familiar. This kind of anger wasn't easy to find, "Hehehehe...from a little human named Graves, didn't you? You're that Ronin, aren't you? What did you do with Graves? Turn him into one of your-"

"Shut up,"
    Ronin gave Jack a stare and clenched their fists. If they didn't share a common goal, Ronin would definitely choose the first opportunity to wipe Jack off the face of this world. Jack would be back; Masques and Ghost could never truly die, but the process took time, and the sweet relief of being away from Jack was a welcome comfort for Ronin. It wouldn't even be a difficult task. Ronin was immune to all of Jack's attacks, but the same couldn't be said about Jack to Ronin's attacks.

"Ah...getting angry, are you? I bet you're plotting to kill me...hehehehe...I'm not as weak as you think...hehehe..." Jack's cackle died out as he saw that the main group was getting further away from them. "We can continue this another day. We're falling behind. I'm sure that Mask would love to have a talk with you...hehehehe..."

Lazarus did not want to get involved with the Masque and the Ghost. He was convinced that Jack was certifiably insane and that Ronin didn't give a jack (no pun intended) about collateral damage. Full Substitution-type powers came with the risk of insanity. Third dimensional brains don't mess particularly will fourth dimensional brains. Mask handled most of his Masques alright, but all of the royals were especially dangerous to his sanity. Jack was arguably the worst one. He should've just brought Jack in an Immigration-type ability, even if Jack tended to get out of control. Lazarus was very concerned for Mask and Abraham, but he couldn't do anything while they were in their Masque and Ghost forms.

It looked like reinforcements have come in the form of several helicopters with people who didn't look like they belonged in this universe with their clunky power armor. Lazarus tried to keep up with the giant wolf with his exoskeleton, but he had to take the occassional stop to fire a few short bursts from his assault rifle. The weapon may have a 54 round capacity, but with so many Terminators swarming the area, it was easy to eat through all the ammo in seconds, especially with a fire rate of 1000 RPM. With the smart scope linked to his helmet, he was able to land even shot on a target, though not every shot managed to strike a vital point. The few that went down in a single three-round burst were all luck. There was no way for Lazarus to reliably land shots like while moving and stopping on a dime.

The Marine finally caught up with Marcus and the other in the group just in time to see a Terminator knock Marcus out and John try to revive the cyborg. This was not an ideal place to try to resuscitate a cyborg. Lazarus wasn't even sure if the leader of the Resistance knew how to properly perform rocket science and brain surgery simultaneously. Lazarus put his rifle back on his backpack's hard point and sprinted to Marcus, sliding to his knees right when he was in front of the unconscious or deactivated or whatever cyborg. Lazarus looked at Connor through the two glowing green visors on his helmet and spoke, "John Connor, right? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you aren't a qualified robotics technician and a qualified heart surgeon at the same time. Using a car battery is more likely than not going to kill Marcus or fry his circuits or whatever, I'm not a robot guy. What I am is a medic though, and I know a human heart can't handle the amount of amps you're about to send it. Let me handle this. My powers are perfect for immediate medic treatment."

Lazarus had noticed what he thought was some kind of hesitation in Rin's actions before she reverted back into her cheerful self, swinging her digital swords around to smack Terminators in the head. Could a robot experience trauma? Lazarus hoped not, but he still wanted to go and give that little girl a hug and a cup of hot chocolate. Robot or not, she was definitely a child who wasn't used to all to this hyper-violent post apocalyptic world. As much as he wanted to console her, he had to focus on Marcus. The robot girl could take care of herself, especially if a giant wolf was by her side. All Lazarus could pray for was that Mask and Ronin didn't get anywhere close.

Needless to say, the two Null Axis beings got a bit too close for comfort, even if they were at least 30 feet away. It was a dance of blue and orange across the the bleak industrial landscape. Around wherever the two passed were nothing by burning scraps of metal and charred ground. Waves of flames lashed out from Jack's blade almost like a whip, melting thin, but deep lines into every pipe and Terminator it came across. Jack's wild cackles could be heard even from where Lazarus was. Ronin on the other hand, shot their blue flames in explosive jets that blew entire robots up. Whatever managed to avoid the flames were met with a swift destruction at the two blades Ronin wielded. Everything that the two of them missed, Drei picked up with its massive railgun. There was no hiding from the Masque as they flew from vantage point to vantage point, taking care of the Terminators wise enough to stay out of Jack and Ronin's reach. All three were demons of battle personified in alien beings whose only goal is destruction of their enemies.

[div class=header]GUARDIANS[/div]
  • d3461eb79132c64e5b5b77cc85359470.jpg
    johnson-ting-phantom-fullbody-5.jpg
    NAME: Gunnery Sergeant Lazarus Huang
    CODENAME: DeadManStanding
    ROLE: Leader/Medic/Diplomat
    POWER: Chronos
    SLEEP DEBT: None
    COLOR: #E83437

[/div]

4AC98691-E1CB-41A3-B074-99009C85E0C7.png
Mao Mao

A rumbling sound could be heard faintly in the distance as a cloud of smoke began to appear in the direction of the sound.
Soon a figure could be made out as it came speeding towards the facility. As the figure got closer it would appear to be some sort of cat like creature driving an aero-cycle. He stopped his aero-cycle in front of the facility and removed his helmet looking at a piece of paper in his paw.
“The note said to come here to become a legendary hero...”
A huge toothy grin began to spread across the cats face.
“HAHAHA! Finally! I’ve been waiting for something like this!”
He smugly walked into the building and stood in the hallway looking around for where to check out first.

@OpenForInteraction

Skynet wasn’t about to go down without a fight, however its systems around it became warm, fire surrounding every inch. The three with powers, Lazurus, Abraham and Ronin were quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with. Rin, the renegade robot child was slamming terminators left and right with a musical instrument. Why!? WHY did these unknown forces want to save the human race so bad?

But something was going right for once. Looked like Marcus was down and out for the count. There goes one problem, that left John open.

Skynet saw through the terminator staring at Connor.

“You are way too foolish, you know Connor?”

Connor meanwhile fought the urge to turn as he urgently beat on Marcus “COME ON!”

“COME ON!”

John looked desperate enough for someone to help him right there and then, the others were holding back the terminator for now.

“If you know how to help, hurry up!”

Connor looked at Qiz or Spectre for help.

He wasn’t the great leader everyone said he was if he couldn’t even save a single man. God damnit.

John dragged himself across the floor until Spectre stepped up instead, looking up at him.

Connor looked hurt from view and tried to push himself up, watching the frozen terminator’s casing start to break off, the others trying to keep it from attacking the downed john and marcus.

The frustrated leader looked back and saw Petrov and the other space marines bust in for reinforcements, taking a breath of relief.

Spectre knelt down to Marcus and had his tree analyze what was wrong with the cyborg, the prehensile roots thinning at the end like surgical needles as they entered Marcus’s chest cavity, snaking around his metal ribs and finding his heart, sending electrical impulses to restart it whilst dripping a clear sap that repaired the artificial biological tissue and some of the metalwork, the silver haired-man ordering Sunvine Thrasher to continue holding back the frozen terminator as long as possible whilst he concentrated on trying to revive his teammate.

The electric current rushing through the terminator’s heart took a few minutes to kick in before his heart started to beat again. He took a deep breath, trying to take a look at his savior. “Spectre?”

He gasped just in time for John to turn and a metal pole was grabbed by the terminator and it was stabbed near Connor’s heart, just away from it.

Marcus growled and turned, seeing Connor now stabbed with a metal pole.

“FUCK. NOOO!”

Marcus ripped the metal bar out of John’s body and growled, taking the metal bar and cutting the terminator’s head off, making it fly.

It fell to the ground and so did its body.

Marcus took a few breaths looking at John, John looked like blood was coming out of his mouth, staring.

John looked like he was trying to say something until Marcus picked him up by his arm and helped drag him “Let’s get the hell out of here.”

Marcus helped Barnes and looked at the others still in there “Come on, Get everyone out!”

Kate looked like she was about to scream. Barnes yelled “COME ON! We can’t make it back to base! Stop at the nearest safe zone!

Star than hands the remote to John once everyone is back in the helicopters and John presses the button

“Goodbye fucking machine..”

Skynet explodes just like that

Everyone than lands at a field surgery area.

The surgery team is in a hurry and panic.

John is lying on the table, dying while everyone is worried like crap.

Kate is staring over John, scared and worried.

Kate stares in tears “His … heart… can’t take it.”

Barnes looks at her “I know.. it’s going to be ok.”

John turns to Kyle and throws the Resistance coat at him “Kyle, come here. Take my Resistance coat. You’ve earned it.”

Marcus put the coat on Kyle and stepped up to the plate, looking down

“Kate. Take mine.”

Kate turned toward Marcus, with a “Are you sure?” Look and a sad but happy look almost.

Blair stepped up. “Marcus, no… Don’t do this.. Think of everyone around you.”

Marcus closed his eyes “This is my second chance, I’m doing this for everyone.”

Blair shook him “This is fucking Selfish! Think of everyone. Saving one life for the sake of a lot of people is suicide.”

Nightwisher Nightwisher Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun QizPizza QizPizza Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla @ FactionParadox FactionParadox Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak GearBlade654 GearBlade654

Last edited:
Some distance away from the surgery table, the strike force were in intense conversation about what to do. "We should strike now, while their pathetic factory lies in ruins! This was likely nothing but a simple pawn of these robotic abominations' schemes!" "We do that we rush to our graves. We can't respond to a full blown assault by these... Terminators, was it? And the local militia lost the majority of their leaders-we need to wait. A strike at their heart could prove suicidal if they choose to flank us from outside." "We possess superior armor and technology to these beasts, as well as more combat experience! There is no need to wait!" Tarkus, in the meanwhile, was grimly staring over the wounded John. The Tactical Sergeant had seen far too many comrades dead in his years of being a tactical sergeant. But grieving could wait for later. This mess had to be salvaged, now. Tarkus turned to the Force Commander, and quickly spoke. "Commander, with this Resistance in disarray, we cannot hope they will hold out further against another attack of this scale, not to mention the majority of their leadership got wiped out." "As such, I volunteer to stay behind and aid in the Resistance's regrowth. I will inform you of progress on the situation, and if needed you can send in someone else." The Force Commander was familiar with this situation, back on the planet of Meridian. The Astartes solemnly nodded his approval, before silently looking over John. darkred darkred
The Force Commander​
Tactical Sergeant Tarkus
Devastator Sergeant Avitus
Scout Sergeant Cyrus
Actions: Contemplating​
Actions: Planning Ahead
Actions: Preparing to Return
Actions: Preparing to Return, Contemplating
FC.jpg
Tarkus.jpg
Avitus.jpg
Cyrus.jpg

Attachments

• Avitus.jpg
    Avitus.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As those of you were fighting the Xenomorph army, suddenly, the world around you would flash for the briefest of moments. Those of you who didn't pick up on it at first didn't need to worry, as you soon found it impossible to not notice once the alien creatures all froze around you. The burning city landscape around you began to flash bright shades of green, and you would also notice that it looked awfully... pixelated. The Xenomorphs were the first to disappear, and soon the entire landscape did so as well. Before long, the world around you had gone completely black and void of life.

And then you found yourself in a white, plain room. It was quite large, and probably gave some of you PTSD. The metallic whir of a door opening caught you attention, and as you craned your heads to find the source, the man who many of you had come to know as Tony Stark casually strolled into the room.

giphy.gif

"Well, that could have definitely gone better," The Iron Man said as he strolled past all of you, observing each and every person on that mission with a pensive expression. "Not on your end, of course. You guys did great," He said, before turning to Team 73 specifically. "Really loved the whole uh... team thing you guys got going on there. You're kinda like The Avengers but way less flashy and cool and upbeat." It was then that another figure entered the room, though unlike Tony, this one wasn't on two feet.

tumblr_mfnhwutJzn1roi1a1o1_500.gif

"They could have done better," The Imp, who some of you recognized as Midna, said with a smirk as she floated around all of you. Ever since The Tesseract Incident, Midna had been, in a sense, resting. Zant's attack had taken quite the number on her, so much so that she was in a coma for a good few weeks. When she finally awoke, she ultimately decided to stay with The Foundation until Zant and Ganondorf were found, mainly because as of right now she was practically useless against these multiversal threats that had been cropping up as of late. By herself, at least. "Then again, it's those scientist's faults for choosing such a dumb mission in the first place. Seriously, what even were those hideous dog creatures? I've seen moblins with better hygene than that!"

"...Right." Tony said with an annoyed sigh as he glanced down towards Midna. Looking back up to all of you, he nodded and forced a small smile, saying, "Well, either way, the Happy Meal toy is right in some respect. Our lovely scientists got a bit too trigger happy with the mission there and we decided to pull you out before some kind of Xenomorph spit-up got on someone's clothes." With that, Tony turned and left, though Midna stuck around and floated on over to none other than Arthur Morgan.

tenor.gif

"Cowboy! How've you been?"
She asked as she leaned up against Arthur, resting her elbow on his shoulder as she smoke with a shit-eating grin. "I see you've lost your hat. And is that a tie I see?" Midna asked, before quickly floating around to Arthur's front and tugging down on Arthur's tie. She then floated up and sat on his head, her legs dangling over his face for a moment. "Say, you caught Zant yet?" She asked, though it was unclear if the question was just to piss him off or if it was genuine.

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla Nightwisher Nightwisher GearBlade654 GearBlade654 Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Mood: Feeling relieved, but also betrayed and used
Tags: GearBlade654 GearBlade654 , FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla , , Nightwisher Nightwisher ,
RedLight RedLight , Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 , thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore
Tokyo Mission Simulation Room?! -> Cafeteria

One moment, Sage had been pleasantly making conversation with the others, waiting for a reply and even for someone else to take his offer for a flight until the huge aerial contraption. He had even made a mental note to not loop in the air as much to not make his passenger sick. The college student was also dying to high-five the cool robot that had helped him out, curious about the mechanical being as they were still nothing more than theories and early prototypes in his world. The idea of fully automated and autonomous robots like the one he had briefly interacted with were completely unheard of, just sci-fi ramblings. So it was exciting to think about talking and befriending one, not to mention that the machine had seemed like a fun... guy? Maybe a bit too eager, but surely someone entertaining to interact more with.

And then the landscape had flashed weirdly, like a greenish computer grid? The change had passed by so fast that the pyromancer had blinked confused, thinking that maybe he had just been seeing things. He had been about to turn and ask the others about it, but then it had happened again. The creatures and even nature seemed still as if someone had paused a video-game with them still inside... The young man had a bad feeling about it, further confounded by the unexpected phenomenon, looking over his shoulders in alarm, expecting something else to happen. Before he could even begin to put hypothesis about the cause of it together, everything had started disappearing, little by little until it was swallowed by a sudden darkness.

Gritting his teeth, Sage had put up his kung-fu guard, fists erupting in flames, ready to defend himself and his new comrades from this new threat... whichever it turned out to be.

...He didn't know what he had expected exactly, but it certainly hadn't been a fully white room with a man strolling inside quite casually.

Without having any idea of what was happening, the guard had loosened as the teenager's confusion only grew, the fire dissipating for his lack of focus. Wha- What was even going on?! Frantically looking at every single member in the room with him, the student tried to make sense of everything, looking for any indication in the other's expressions that they might have been aware of this twist of events since the start. Partly also searching for some kind of reassurance.

It seemed they were being... lectured? The unknown man in a red-shirt sounded slightly disappointed, a tone of voice that the pyromancer knew pretty well from experience at this point. Some members got praised instead and he still had no clue on the truth of the situation. Next, a sassy being had come in, a creature that very faintly resembled depictions of the Moon Goddess of his own world. Faintly. The two engaged in some kind of mild tease exchange, which reminded of his friend Lucy and her 'punk-like' ways. Now that he thought about it, the faerie-looking creature's attitude was quite alike hers...

Unaccustomed to technology, especially something of this magnitude, it had taken Sage a while too long to really comprehend the nature of the mission he had just been in, yet once it finally had registered the reality of it had hit him like a train. It was fake. Everything he had done, everyone he had saved, the effort he had put into it, the emotions he had shared... All of it was for naught.

The world seemed to spin around him as the young man has collapsed on his knees. Sobbing silently. He looked at his own hands, shaking, in a mix of relief and disbelief, conflicted, but glad to be lifted of the burden of ending several creature's lives:

"It wasn't real...", he muttered at himself under his breath, wanting to believe it with all his heart, "I didn't... I didn't kill them. I didn't... Oh, praised be the Gods."

The pyromancer dried his tears with what was left of his kimono's sleeve, having been eaten by his own flames earlier. Good thing he had brought a change of clothes, you never knew how much they were going to last when nothing was fire-proof. He had considered getting some, like the ones fire-fighters used, but had realized that'd make his wardrobe incredibly limited and just call attention to himself even further. So he had given up on the idea.

Once the fae creature had gone torment the cowboy, --did they already know each other?--, Sage had managed to calm down. briefly. With relief and gratitude fading out, the teenager couldn't help but feel... betrayed. Used, toyed with. It was enough to have deities and mythical beasts throwing him around like a pawn, never able to be let in on their plans, a game piece to obey and ask no questions. And now a mundane being, not much different from him, was doing the exact same thing!
Gradually, a flame aura coated the college student, like an outline drawn with orange, flowing fire. His wings weren't there, but still, the aura counted for them, a still poking-out shape that resembled the constructs that allowed him to fly. His closed fists shook, now with fury, that he was trying to hold it in but ultimately failing to do so, the emotional output being way too strong to contain. In a low, heavy and dark tone, he had begun to speak, head still lowered towards the ground:

"...How... dare you...", he lifted his head, eyes burning with fiery hatred, as he pointed at the man in an accusatory manner, "HOW DARE YOU?!", the aura flared outwards in disarray for a moment before returning to its natural state, "How dare you toy with my emotions that way! Was giving us some kind of heads-up like 'Hey, these things are not real so you don't have to feel bad about them.' or even just 'This is like a video-game. Don't worry'?? Anything??!"

Panting as if out of air, his bright orange-red gaze pierced the man, a hatred so powerful that it was capable of setting the entire room aflame. Luckily for everyone involved, it didn't get that far, as Sage realized what he was doing, anger melting into fear, then shame. Sure, he was hurt and with reason, but nothing gave him the right to lash out like this, no matter how betrayed he felt. Especially not with his powers.

The student sighed, the flame outline slowly dying out as he had done so. "I'm sorry, I-", he had averted his gaze, incapable of facing anyone after such an outburst, "I need some time to think."

He didn't stay in the room, feeling as if everyone was now silently judging him. The tension, the pressure was too much, so he cut through the doorway, bumping on the man if he had to, all to get out of the terrible empty, yet filled room. As he passed, a pencil holder on one of the tables outside had spontaneously combusted, but his head was too full and messy for him to notice it, stepping into the hallway and leaving without ever turning back. The pyromancer didn't know where he was going or even had a destination in mind, he just wanted to be as far away as possible from that room, eventually stumbling into a place that seemed to be a cafeteria, not unlike the one back at his university.
He wasn't exactly hungry, not after all of that, so Sage had sat down at one of the tables, taking the bracelet out from his pocket and placing it in the center of the surface, almost like a shrine of sorts. Staring at the family heirloom, he had taken another breath, and holding each side of his lowered head, repeated a mantra, in an ancient runic language, to himself in a low voice:

"Feel the flow of the universe, lose yourself in it, let go of the negative emotions, let them float away, they're smaller than they feel.
Do not allow them to effect you. This is your body. You're the one in control."
Magic Output: 53%

Last edited:
Tony was already gone by the time Sage had gone on his little rant to him, and as such, the college student earned no response from the billionaire genius. Midna was too occupied with annoying Arthur to really respond to his outrage either, and as such, he went particularly unnoticed. As Sage made his way into the cafeteria and sat down at one of the empty tables, however, he would have been approached by a smaller looking girl while whispering to himself. Said girl appeared to just be some run of the mill teenager in a green hoodie and a beanie atop her head. She nonchalantly hopped on top of one of the navy blue seats, using it as a stepping stool to sit atop the nearby table.

tenor.gif

"Wassup, flame boy?" She said as she held a bucket of what looked like cheesy fries in her right arm, using her other hand to casually pick some out and shove them into her mouth.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

tumblr_p3gz6oILq61shfh62o3_1280.png

"It's alright..." Spectre reassured Marcus before staring in horror as the Terminator stabbed John Connor through the heart with a segment of metal piping as he staggered back a little, feeling quite sick at the sight of what just happened. Gore didn't bother him but this level of damage... Death was almost a certainty without a transplant, Spectre wasn't strong enough to heal critical damage like that even if he wasn't tired from the fight. Running back to the transport with the others and leaping on, he rather doubted blowing up the place would end Skynet permanently but it was going to be a crippling blow to their war effort, perhaps enough of one to turn the tide in the favour of humanity. Regardless, once this was over he had to return to that SHIELD place... Still, this multiversal alliance had stimulated and interested Spectre in ways he hadn't felt since the Tower of Hanoi back home, since crushing Aoi Zaizen into the digital dirt...

He wondered what would happen to John, if this surgical team was capable of saving him. They needed a donor organ but that idea evaporated the second Marcus offered his. "No, don't... I doubt you'll be compatible." Spectre began. "Your heart pumps body to just your external skin and tissues, I'm not sure if it's capable of doing it to a whole human body. There's the possibility it's atrophied." He continued, grabbing one of the air pumps. "What are you doing?" One of the Resistance asked. "With a few modifications to this device, we can turn it into an artificial valve pump to keep John Connor alive whilst a suitable donor is found." The silver-haired man explained.

Nightwisher Nightwisher Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun QizPizza QizPizza Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla darkred darkred Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak GearBlade654 GearBlade654

SPARK-001, designation Praetorian
SPARK-002, designation Ruin
Kostya "Deadbolt" Novikov​
Actions: Returning to Garage for Maintenance
Actions: Heading to Recreational Room​
20190517074654_1 (2).jpg
20190516160613_1 (2).jpg
20190605194837_1.jpg
"Bloody hell, well, if that was a simulation, that was one helluva simulation."
Kostya took a deep breath as he massaged his shoulders. This was not expected, but hey, least that meant he could better aim at Xenomorphs. They had very large heads, and stupidly easy to headshot. They were fast though, which could be a problem.
"Well, I'm headed to the Recreational Room. Anyone interested in a game of pool?"
The Sharpshooter slung Jaeger on his back and headed off to the Recreational Room.

"W-what-hold up-"
Kostya clearly took the fact it was a simulation well. Not everyone did though-first Sage, and now Julian. The SPARK was standing still, eyes circling through different colors.
"So, that means... all these barbecued aliens... were fake..."
"And I thought I was being terribly efficient-"
"You know what, I need some time to myself. I'll be in the garage."

The SPARK walked off, clearly shaken. Praetorian on the other hand, simply took note of what was going on and returned to the Garage without a word, BITs following.

Upon getting there...
Once the SPARKs were in the Garage, a man was waiting for them there.
"I'm told you two took on a simulation of a mission."
"Unfortunately yes, I thought I was barbecuing real aliens."
"Affirmative. The simulation has concluded in a success on our end."
The man chuckled. Typical Praetorian. Always formal to the letter.
"Well, you two did well. Go get yourselves checked up-can't have a destroyed servo because it got overworked."
XCOM Commander Max Wellington watched as both SPARKs headed off to get themselves checked by technicians. This chaos had all started when Praetorian and Ruin suddenly came back up after a few hours, and then some transmission. Max massaged his neck, quietly observing the Garage and mentally making a note for Kostya to head back for now. Comms were acting fairly wonky, and from the looks of it only two XCOM operatives could on the field at a time.
Max.jpg
(Open for interaction, Hahli Nuva Hahli Nuva )​

Attachments

• Max.jpg
    Max.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mood: Startled and still troubled
Tags: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

Rocking in his seat, the pyromancer repeated the words under his breath, over and over, head lowered as if to shield himself from everything else. The scene was ressembling of Buddhist prayers, though there was nothing to hold while doing so. The Clan of the Phoenix was less about physical possessions or symbol and more about spiritual guidance, owning only the strictly necessary and re-purposing objects until nothing of it was in condition to be re-used. It had been rather difficult to convince people that he actually needed a cellphone during High School to comunicate with classmates and also keep track of bus times... And that device was still the same one he used to this day.

A sillhouette passed nearby and in his moment of distress, Sage could swear he had seen his friend from Biology. Deep purple and mint green hair, fast talking, strong attitude, dark colored clothing that contrasted with the hair. He gasped, instantly looking back up, reaching out for the illusion, tears in the corner of his eyes:

"Luc-", but once the image had cleared, a complete stranger stood there, "Oh, sorry", the young man had let out sheepishly, "I thought you were someone else..."

He had dried his eyes, about to lower his gaze again, but the random highschooler had pulled the chair aside and then used it as a stepping stool. The college student stared at her in disbelief and horror. That was not what these were for! The girl didn't seem to mind him, however, soon using the next table itself as a seat. After a moment of awkward silence and confused blinking, he had pointed at it:

"You do know that food goes on top of those, right?", Sage had asked teasingly, discreetly calling attention to the fact that she wasn't supposed to be sitting on top of it. That was very disrespectful towards others, the cooks and the meals themselves.

"Wassup, flame boy?"

If the young man had been about to say anything else, it had been lost, as he stared at her in complete confusion again. Slang, he was... terrible with those. Thinking for a moment he had looked up, then back at the unkown ill-manered girl:

"The... ceiling and a bunch of lights? I think I see some AC exits up there as well...", and then he had realized it, "W-wait a minute, 'flame boy'?! How do you even know that? We've literally just met! Have you been following me all this time??"
Magic Output: 39%

SPARK-001, designation Praetorian
SPARK-002, designation Ruin
Kostya "Deadbolt" Novikov​
Actions: Heading to Recreational Room​
"Bloody hell, well, if that was a simulation, that was one helluva simulation."
Kostya took a deep breath as he massaged his shoulders. This was not expected, but hey, least that meant he could better aim at Xenomorphs. They had very large heads, and stupidly easy to headshot. They were fast though, which could be a problem.
"Well, I'm headed to the Recreational Room. Anyone interested in a game of pool?"
The Sharpshooter slung Jaeger on his back and headed off to the Recreational Room.

"W-what-hold up-"
Kostya clearly took the fact it was a simulation well. Not everyone did though-first Sage, and now Julian. The SPARK was standing still, eyes circling through different colors.
"So, that means... all these barbecued aliens... were fake..."
"And I thought I was being terribly efficient-"
"You know what, I need some time to myself. I'll be in the garage."

The SPARK walked off, clearly shaken. Praetorian on the other hand, simply took note of what was going on and returned to the Garage without a word, BITs following.

Upon getting there...
Once the SPARKs were in the Garage, a man was waiting for them there.
"I'm told you two took on a simulation of a mission."
"Unfortunately yes, I thought I was barbecuing real aliens."
"Affirmative. The simulation has concluded in a success on our end."
The man chuckled. Typical Praetorian. Always formal to the letter.
"Well, you two did well. Go get yourselves checked up-can't have a destroyed servo because it got overworked."
XCOM Commander Max Wellington watched as both SPARKs headed off to get themselves checked by technicians. This chaos had all started when Praetorian and Ruin suddenly came back up after a few hours, and then some transmission. Max massaged his neck, quietly observing the Garage and mentally making a note for Kostya to head back for now. Comms were acting fairly wonky, and from the looks of it only two XCOM operatives could on the field at a time.
View attachment 618624
(Open for interaction, Hahli Nuva Hahli Nuva )​

A man would appear from a circle of light, clad in blue armor and wielding an elegant looking blade. He wandered into the room, Falchion drawn. What had happened? One time he was relaxing in an open field, and now he was in some metal bunker?

The Hero King confronted Max, the two warriors meeting in the open space of the garage. Marth drew Falchion and aimed the sharp end at The Commander.

Marth_%28character%29.png

"Halt! Who goes there?"

GearBlade654 GearBlade654

Max Wellington, XCOM Commander
Actions: Trying to calm Marth ( Hahli Nuva Hahli Nuva ) down
Max.jpg
Marth's appearance just happened to occur while Max was taking a sip of coffee. The XCOM Commander slowly lowered the cup as he watched the Hero King randomly appear out of nowhere.
"...what the hell?"
The man lowered the cup of coffee as he carefully drew a revolver, not quite sure what the hell was going on. This wasn't in the job description.
Max's eyes swiftly widened when he saw some sort of... medieval prince or something? Did some god mess with time before he came here?
"Halt! Who goes there?"
Marth drawing the Falchion did not allay the Commander's concern. Max debated between shooting at the Hero King or trying to talk him down. One half second later Max went with the latter.
"Bloody hell, easy now! Put the sword down, I'm not interested in blasting you, and I sure as hell am not interested in seeing my organs thank you very much!"
"And that question should be directed at you, who even are you?!"

[class=header] height: 30px; background-color: #E83437; color: #fff; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 100%; padding-top: 4px; [/class] [class=bigHeader] background-color: #E83437; color: #fff; font-size: 20px; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=wrapperDiv] background-color: #fff; color: #000; padding: 10px; font-size: 13px; [/class]
[div class=wrapperDiv]
[div class=bigHeader]CHRONOLOGY: THE CAPE[/div]

• [div class=header]POST[/div]INTERACTING: darkred darkred (DM)
    MENTIONED: FactionParadox FactionParadox (Spectre)
    GROUP: Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla Nightwisher Nightwisher Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Lazarus stepped back to let Spectre's monsters do their work healing Marcus. It wasn't they same thing as turning the hands of time back, but it worked, and Lazarus wasn't one to show someone else up. Standing up, Lazarus got back into the fight, firing precise bursts at the incoming robots to cover Marcus and the others. However, it wasn't enough to keep the robot horde from approaching. Mask and Abraham have moved on to another area to wreak havoc, which meant that friendly (literal) fire was much further away, but it also meant that the ones causing the most damage to Skynet were no longer near the prime target of John Connor. The Marine understood that using Full Substitution had a negative on mental health, but he needed Mask and Abraham to keep it together just enough to focus on crucial targets. No point in worrying about right now. As the robots drew closer, Lazarus put his rifle away in favor of his compact shotgun. It was only six shots, but it's short barrel came in handy when the enemy was right in your face.

Despite Lazarus' every effort to repel the oncoming masses of machines, it wasn't enough. He wasn't sure if it was a Terminator that slipped through or the one they thought they took out just a minute ago, but wherever it came from it made no difference. What mattered was that the machine was able to grab a metal pole and impale John Connor's chest with it. Time moved in slow motion for Lazarus, literally or figurative, he couldn't tell, but it must have been the latter, since his body felt sluggish and unresponsive as he turned to see Marcus screaming and using the pole that impaled the Resistance leader to decapitate the machine. The Marine tried to warn Marcus, but he had already done the deed before the word "stop" could leave Lazarus' lips.

He sprinted over to the injured human and got a glance at the wound. It looked to have narrowly missed the heart as the Connor had not immediately, but Connor was still losing too much blood. It was a miracle that a calculated robotic killer managed to miss the heart; Lazarus did not expect something that was supposed be a designed killer to fail taking out its' greatest threat. Lazarus tried to get a hand on Connor to turn back time before he was impaled, but Marcus and Resistance soldiers had rushed to drag Connor into a chopper. As luck would have it, he couldn't get on the same chopper as Connor. The minutes ticked away as they flew towards the safe zone; every second that passed would make healing Connor.

When the explosion went off, Mask and Ronin were still in the thick of the fighting. They were close enough to be caught in the explosion that tore the metal complex to pieces, but neither the Ghost nor the Masque minded. The flames from the explosion were virtually nothing compared to the flames that both wielded, but neither were able to leave unscathed. The initial explosion took Ronin off guard, and before the Ghost could become intangible, several shards of shrapnel embedded themselves into their armor. Mask and Jack on the other hand, simply didn't care. They stood there as the smaller pieces of shrapnel glanced off their armor. As well as the armor held up against the lesser barrage, a single enormous shard of metal found its way though Jack's plating. The Masque looked down at the piece of metal sticking out of its chest, allowing a purplish flow onto the shard and drip on the ground. With a cackle, Jack looked for Ronin, "Hehehehe...Where are you, Ghost? Can't handle a little shrapnel? I thought you were tougher than that. Hehehehe..."

"I said it once, already: You're f###ing insane, Jack,"
    growled Ronin as the blue flamed Ghost reappeared in front of the mad Masque. They looked at the enormous piece of jagged steel in Jack's chest that went ignored.

"Now, now. You should watch your language, shouldn't you? It's a terrible way to ruin the wonderful mood we've set...hehehe..."

"Mask is going feel that wound you have. Shouldn't you be more careful with your master's body?"

"Mask is a tough human. He'll be fine. You should the one worried. How are you going to explain your condition to your vassal's fr-"

"None of your business, Masque. Haven't you driven Mask insane enough for one day?"

"Hehehehe...Maybe..."
    Jack let out another cackle as they tore the metal shard out of their torso, letting purple blood flow out like a river before it stopped just as soon as it started. Jack felt the pain alright, but it only fed their madness. Cracking their neck, Jack was done for the day; they had their fill of slaughter and destruction. It was time to hand the reigns back to Mask. When Jack surrendered control back to Mask, the former Navy SEAL immediately returned Jack to the Null Axis, dissolving the Masque's form around himself. The charred armor turned to ashes and blew away from Mask's body, leaving the soldier just as he was when he summoned Jack, save for a deep cut in the man's chest.

Groaning and hacking up blood, Mask staggered forward clutching the wound beneath his exoskeleton's armor. He could tell the shrapnel had pierced his left lung and nipped an artery or two, but that wasn't a major concern, his body's accelerated healing would fix that up by the end of the week. The only problem was stopping the bleeding and dealing with the pain. With his right arm, he reached into his belt and pulled out a biogel syringe and did his best to inject the glue-like substance into the wound. Mask managed to get most of it where it needed to be and that's when the wound began to burn. It was the biogel disinfecting the area and forcefully gluing the cut together, and it hurt like hell. Tossing the gel syringe aside, Mask pulled out another syringe, this one filled with a painkiller similar to morphine, except marginally less addictive. As soon as he jabbed the needle into his arm, Mask could feel the cold liquid filling his veins and numbing the pain ever so slightly. He only injected half of the substance before tossing this syringe away too. It was better safe than sorry to avoid developing an addiction.

Mask looked at Ronin, who was still in his Ghost form. Jack had a conversation with Ronin, but Mask couldn't remember what they said. God he hated it when a Masque took full control like Jack did. He couldn't control his actions or know what he was doing. All he could do was feel the pain and go along with the ride. The only reason he kept using Jack was because that Masque was absurdly powerful for how simple his skill set was. A flaming sword and a couple of hell hounds didn't sound like much, but once you actually faced off against him, it was living hell. Jack was faster, stronger, crueler, and tougher than any of his other Masques, hands down. Insanity was a small price to pay to destroy the enemy.

Shaking off the painkillers, Mask asked Ronin, "Are we catching up with the others or not?"

The Ghost responded with a snarl and launched themself into the air using columns of blue flame like a rocket. Mask instinctively blocked his head with his arm despite wearing a helmet. The Ghost Ronin used must have been just as off the rails as Jack. Either that or the Delta operator was showing his true colors. Neither was a preferable situation, and neither could be proven to Lazarus. Mask wasn't deadset on proving that Ronin was a bad guy, but he was much more suspicious of him that Lazarus was.

Having enough of this suspicion, Mask called Drei over. The winged mask darted over to Mask only to figuratively roll their eyes. "This is what you call me for? A taxi service?"

"Yeah, what else? I need a ride. Follow the birds."

"Fine. You better not call me for the rest of the week though."
    Drei begrudgingly picked Mask up by his exoskeleton and flew him, following the helicopters. As fast as Drei could fly, they chose to fly at a crawl. Mask ended up getting to the safe zone as the last person there. Once the task was done, Mask allowed his Masque to return to their slumber in the Null Axis. Drei did their job despite all their complaining, and that was great compared to Jack. Mask stumbled his way through the scrambling soldiers towards the medical area for two reasons. One, he knew Lazarus would be there. Two, he needed to stitch up his wound. The moment he got to the medic tents, he dropped to the ground in pain and leaned against a crate. His priorities have changed. Dealing with the wound came first. Half a syringe of painkillers and a rough flight on Drei's part didn't help improve his condition, so there he was, using his own first aid kit to stitch himself up while his team was nowhere to be found.

As Mask did his best to treat his own wounds, Lazarus word with the medical team as best he could. The limited equipment and supplies the Resistance had made things difficult, but the Marine did all he could, treating wounds, stitching cuts, and setting broken bones. He didn't pay attention to the drama the unfolded between Marcus, Connor, and the major players of the group. They could sort whatever they needed out, but Lazarus wasn't going to wait on them to get a shot at treating Connor. It was time he could've and was spending treating other people. When it seemed that the immediate wounded were stable and people huddling around the wounded man, Lazarus approached peeling off bloodier latex gloves and pulling on a clean pair.

He knew the general gist of the situation. Marcus wanted to donate his heart to Connor. What Spectre said was true, as far as Lazarus could tell. The likelihood of Marcus' heart being strong enough to keep up with Connor's life after years of limited use was very low. Aside from that, a heart transplant in these conditions was...less than optimal. The technology was insufficient, the environment was hardly sterile, and Lazarus didn't think a heart surgeon was readily available to the Resistance. Pushing several doctors aside, Lazarus prepared a "Bookmark" on his right and left hands. Each one went up to one minute. 20 minutes was the safest estimate Lazarus would venture since the injury occurred. Manipulating 20 minutes worth of time was difficult, but it wouldn't kill him, and it would certainly save Connor's life, so there was nothing to lose. "Stand back. I can heal Connor with my powers. Just give me a few seconds."

Lazarus placed his hands on Connor and wound time back for the man two minutes. It was clearly not enough, so he created another two Bookmarks in his hands and turned back time for Connor another two minutes. Still not enough. Another two minutes. And another. Yet again another two minutes. That was ten minutes down the drain and 5 hours of sleep. Connor was still not healed. Lazarus really hoped he didn't have to go to twenty, but that was how things were looking. He blinked hard a few times to push the exhaustion out of his eyes and began to place more "Bookmarks" on Connor, enough to turn back time 20 minutes in total. Those Lazarus didn't pay attention to the wound, the others could see that on his 20th Bookmark, the wound seemed to close up flesh and blood returning to where it was supposed to be. It was...enough, wasn't it? Lazarus...took a stumbling step forwards to look at...Connor's chest. The bloody hole that left by the Terminator...had closed up...as good as new. That...was good...Lazarus could save...Connor's life. Shoot...10 hours of sleep...all at once...on top of hours of nonstop operations...was taking...a...toll... "Thank...God..."

Seconds after healing Connor, Lazarus stumbled to the ground, unconscious. He was alive, but such intense usage of his powers had taken its toll. He needed rest, to buy back the time he spent.

[div class=header]GUARDIANS[/div]
  • d3461eb79132c64e5b5b77cc85359470.jpg
    johnson-ting-phantom-fullbody-5.jpg
    NAME: Gunnery Sergeant Lazarus Huang
    CODENAME: DeadManStanding
    ROLE: Leader/Medic/Diplomat
    POWER: Chronos
    SLEEP DEBT: 10 Hours
    COLOR: #E83437

[/div]

7F2DA9F5-06A6-43EA-BE11-17CCFB77DE88.jpeg
Mao Mao

Mao Mao looked at the furless beast carefully sensing no threat from him.
“That’s right. My name is Mao Mao and I’m trying to find a way to become a legendary hero.”
Mao Mao of course has a reason to want to be a legendary hero so badly, but he didn’t want to tell people it due to how embarrassing it was.
“Anyway... who are you?”

T The Man With No Name

8030BEDD-367F-43FB-83D3-9F734FC2D212.png
Mao Mao

Mao Mao began to grow a grin across his face at the sound of Naofumi’s words.
“You’re a legendary hero huh? What kind of heroic stuff do you do? What kind of brave heroic deeds did you have to do in order to earn your status? Don’t leave out any detail! If I’m going to be a legendary hero then I need some answers from a legendary hero!”
T The Man With No Name

33208C9E-3019-4525-B53E-B3D81B832E7F.png
Mao Mao

Mao Mao nodded his head as Naofumi told his story.

“Ah yes a tragic backstory.... One of the key components of being a hero...”
Mao Mao began to go on one of his rants filled with untrue things about what it takes to be a hero.
“A hero must always have a tragic backstory! You must be an excellent hero with how you only fight with a shield! I would very much like to see how you fight!”

T The Man With No Name

3DB69275-8E97-489F-A565-254189901B19.gif
Mao Mao

Mao Mao began to laugh maniacally as they begun to head to the training room.

“Finally! One step closer to finally become a legendary hero like him!”
It seemed that Mao Mao was talking about Naofumi when he said “him”, but Mao Mao was talking about someone that would be too embarrassing to tell anyone.

T The Man With No Name

Mood: Startled and still troubled

Rocking in his seat, the pyromancer repeated the words under his breath, over and over, head lowered as if to shield himself from everything else. The scene was ressembling of Buddhist prayers, though there was nothing to hold while doing so. The Clan of the Phoenix was less about physical possessions or symbol and more about spiritual guidance, owning only the strictly necessary and re-purposing objects until nothing of it was in condition to be re-used. It had been rather difficult to convince people that he actually needed a cellphone during High School to comunicate with classmates and also keep track of bus times... And that device was still the same one he used to this day.

A sillhouette passed nearby and in his moment of distress, Sage could swear he had seen his friend from Biology. Deep purple and mint green hair, fast talking, strong attitude, dark colored clothing that contrasted with the hair. He gasped, instantly looking back up, reaching out for the illusion, tears in the corner of his eyes:

"Luc-", but once the image had cleared, a complete stranger stood there, "Oh, sorry", the young man had let out sheepishly, "I thought you were someone else..."

He had dried his eyes, about to lower his gaze again, but the random highschooler had pulled the chair aside and then used it as a stepping stool. The college student stared at her in disbelief and horror. That was not what these were for! The girl didn't seem to mind him, however, soon using the next table itself as a seat. After a moment of awkward silence and confused blinking, he had pointed at it:

"You do know that food goes on top of those, right?", Sage had asked teasingly, discreetly calling attention to the fact that she wasn't supposed to be sitting on top of it. That was very disrespectful towards others, the cooks and the meals themselves.

"Wassup, flame boy?"

If the young man had been about to say anything else, it had been lost, as he stared at her in complete confusion again. Slang, he was... terrible with those. Thinking for a moment he had looked up, then back at the unkown ill-manered girl:

"The... ceiling and a bunch of lights? I think I see some AC exits up there as well...", and then he had realized it, "W-wait a minute, 'flame boy'?! How do you even know that? We've literally just met! Have you been following me all this time??"
Magic Output: 39%
"Maybe," The teenage girl replied with a smirk as she leaned back in her chair and propped her feet up on the table. She crossed one foot over the other as she leaned back in her chair, interlocking her fingers as she rested her palms behind her head as well. "But then again, can you really blame me? You've got like, super cool fire powers." She said as she remained seated, using the bottoms of her feet to rock the chair back and forth on its back legs. Eventually, a tan hand would shuffle into the pocket on the inside of her jacked, and before long, the beanie-wearing girl had pulled out a file. She glanced down at it, before opening it and nonchalantly tossing it on over to Sage.

"I've also read your file."

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Mood: Conflicted and uneasy

What an odd girl this person was... Sage wasn't too sure about how he felt about this entire exchange, other than the fact that it was very weird and slightly unpleasant. Honestly, the more this conversation progressed, the more he felt like taking a step back, unsure if he should trust the high schooler or not and to what degree... The cryptic answers certainly didn't help.

"...What do you mean 'maybe'?", he had repeated with a note of impatience, squinting his eyes at her, then sighed in defeat, "Can we please not do the whole 'ooh mysterious, ohhh talking in riddles' kind of thing this time? I get that times seven just back at the temple... It is literally impossible to make a proper conversation like a normal person sometimes."

The request was an earnest, sincere one, which would normally be fine, but it was hard to tell how the strange girl beside him would take it, making it rather uncomfortable to even open up this little. She then had proceeded to get down from the table, which was good, but continue to support her feet on it, which was terrible. At this point, Sage couldn't tell if the other was just that relaxed and disrespectful towards the food-consuming space, or if she was just doing it on purpose because he was noticeably taken aback by it.
Either way, by the Gods, this couldn't be hygienic nor healthy at all!

He looked away from the girl's grinding antics, his gaze landing over the bracelet still on top of his own table. The pyromancer seemed to ponder about it to himself for a while until eventually deciding that it had been enough time without it. If anything, the outburst inside the plain simulation room earlier had been a sign that his stress levels and consequentially magical output right now were too close for comfort and others' safety... So he picked it up, and albeit still hoping he didn't have to, slid the piece of jewelry back until it rested on his upper-arm.
As soon as it is properly placed, the magic dampening runes do their work, and being cut-out from something that is inherently part of him feels, off, uneasy, like constantly sitting on the impression that something is wrong and never being able to shake it. The completely opposite of the freeing energy surge from before.

"I've also read your file"

The mysterious girl throws one of those top-secret folders from spy movies over his table, now soft cappuccino eyes widening in a mix of surprise and disbelief:

"T-there's a file already?!", he asked rhetorically, "I haven't even been here for an hour yet! Whoa these guys work fast", Sage's gaze skims quickly over the writing, "I don't know whether to be impressed or scared of this level of... organization? ...Paranoia? Nope, still not it. Me-something. Me... Me-ticulousness! There we go, meticulousness, that's the word I was looking for."

Despite the cover-laughing, the college student is visibly tense, conflicted, going silent for a while afterwards. He eyed the file again, averting his gaze from it and resting it on the girl. Cool? Well, he guessed. Being able to fly at least was pretty sweet, but it didn't balance out the risks or the losses, not at all:

"Well, then...", he sighed again, though the tone was still the usual playful one, there's a certain seriousness showing itself through, also several tones of melancholy, "I'm not going to ask how you got that, but if it says what I'm thinking it says, then you probably already know that no matter how 'cool' they may look, it's nothing but a double-edged knife. Staying anywhere near me is risky by itself."
Magic Output: 26%

Last edited:
freckles-long-brown-hair-green-eyes-girl-painting-how-to-draw-a-braid-necklaces.jpg

Onyx sighed softly in disappointment. Apparently she wasn't going to get her fight. As she stalked out of the cafeteria, she remembered that she had been shown to a room that was supposedly hers. She hadn't entered it when she was shown to it, she had needed to determine the safety of the compound first, reassure herself that this wasn't an elaborate scheme set up by the school. She unlocked the door and closed it, locking and unlocking it several times before convinced that she'd be able to escape. She checked the window as well, strong, but breakable if need be. She relaxed, a miniscule amount, but still. A set of clean clothes had been set out and she washed and put them on, leaving the shoes sitting beside her bed. Her knife was there also, though now it had a sheath that she hung on her hips. The shirt hung a little lower on her shoulders than the one she had taken off, showing her tattoo. ON6. She hated it. She slashed a couple slits in the back to allow her wings through and exited, looking for the training room. Maybe there was something to punch there.

Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch

Benedict soluted, “Ah.......you are......dismissed agent.” Benedict then turned to Josh, his penguin servant, “Ah......A place to stay......and we didn’t have to take anyone away.......an admirable victory......indeed.” Josh nodded as Benedict entered the room, “Ah.......the luggage was delivered.” Benedict said as their quarters were filled with the finest in luxury furniture, all in a style fitting of Benedict’s nature, pristine, clean.......with remnants of the baroque period shining through the room. The wallpaper was painted with dark reds and greens fitting to his design, and of course, the piano. Josh happily looked at the other king-sized bed, he was about to jump onto it before being stopped by Benedict, “Ah........Josh, this bed........is for Melvin.......” Benedict said as he pulled out a rock with googley-eyes and placed it on the pillow, patting it. “Ah.......time to continue our company outing.” Benedict said as he left the room and made his way to the cafeteria, “Ah.........I need this places finest banana.” He said as he grabbed one and sat down along with Josh.........and ate it.

Last edited:
  • daoat3a-a5d45e01-6e28-4b78-bf3d-fd05d3084e4d.png

Hollographic guitars were smashed left and right as Rin let out tiny 'Hyaa's and 'Take this' and 'Ka-bong' and eventually switching back to Japanese with 'Omae' (You, but for a person you hate; Has a negative conotation), 'Sasenai' (I won't let you), 'Kocchi' (Over here) and even 'Gashaaan'. (Onomatopoeia for something breaking, usually glass)

Despite the seriousness of the situation, it was impossible for the vocaloid girl not to enjoy herself, letting out some amused giggles at the moves she pulled and feeling rather accomplished for getting a quick guitar 'summoning' system somewhere along the line that made replacing the broken ones that more efficient. The wolf-lady helped too, somehow attentively keeping an eye on her lack of 'ammunition' and standing back whenever the older sibling needed a little more time to get the instrument back in her hands. Also dodging all the fire with cool maneuvers. In total sync, rider and mount had stood their ground with relative ease against the terminator horde. It was awesome!

Not so awesome was the fact that John had gotten hurt in the process. The white-haired man that did not hate her, --that was still confusing by the way, -- had done something together with his tree-friend and Marcus was back up. Rin was overjoyed and about to celebrate it when suddenly, the situation turned on its head and the joy was short-lived. One of the evil robots had managed to get a hold of a pipe, the girl's eyes widened in horror for what was about to come:

"Ah- Noooooooooo!!"

But it was too late, the machine had already lodged the piece of metal through the resistance leader's torso, like a twisted human kebab. It was hard to say which emotion was the strongest at that moment as the female vocaloid retaliated with a new guitar against another terminator. Was it shock for the gruesome, painful-looking sight, was it frustration for being unable to stop it from happening? Was it anger for having one of her friends hurt? Nonetheless, The cyborg had punished the attacking robot, decapitating it with its own makeshift weapon, then rallying everyone outside of the building, holding the hurt man back with him. It was over.

As one would expect, Rin couldn't board the helicopter with the others due to being 100lbs over the max weight limit per passenger in the flying contraption. Robo-problems. The girl was understandably disappointed about it, pouting slightly, though riding her wolf companion allll the way to their new base made up for the missed helicopter ride. There were more important things than mode of transportation, after all.
    Worried about John, she couldn't really enjoy the journey as much, constantly stealing glances at the helicopter procession with a concerned, mellow expression. Having asked for directions but being terrible at remembering them, the female vocaloid asked her mount-friend to guide the way, letting herself be taken wherever, trusting the wolf-lady's sense of direction and probably better focus than hers. As soon as the two are out of range, the building explodes, most likely by Marcus' own doing.

Paramedics and whatnot are already in a hurry as soon as they arrive, just a couple seconds after the helicopters. Exasperated, Rin hops off of her wolf-friend forgetting to say anything to her, focused in following the others inside the room to check on John too, but getting blocked in front of the door by one of the resistance members on account for being basically a child (and perhaps still not being exactly welcome there, but it was hard to tell). Annoyance flashed in the android's light blue optics for a moment, as she thought about pushing through the person blocking her way and forcing her way inside. And then it was chuckled aside, a defeated, resigned sigh leaving her mouth, as always lacking the kind of relief actual people would get from it.

'Fine', was the response, in a slightly frustrated, harsh tone. Still, Rin did not leave the room's entrance, standing by the door with a restless gaze, listening to each and every word that was shared with the utmost attention. The prospect, wasn't any good... Her processor burned which every new sentence, a plethora of ragging emotions disturbing her circuits. And there was nothing she could do. The feeling of impotence was the worst one. Again and again and again, she had seen people in danger, had seen people die and was unable to do more than to stick to the back and offer support.

No more, the female vocaloid vowed to herself. She was determined to learn some new skills, dedicate herself to whatever kind of training she got exposed to. Next time, Rin was also going to help, properly. First, by getting someone to teach her how to shoot! ...After this whole situation was over with. Yes! She had joined the MPF for, not just the carefree exciting adventurous parts, but to protect too! Rather than being protected constantly. Even if sometimes it was easy to forget such a thing. Honestly, having one 'Len' in her life already was more than enough...

"This is fucking Selfish!", a woman's voice echoed from the room, prompting the girl to barge in and finally see what was going on, her path unblocked due to her presence having been forgotten, "Think of everyone. Saving one life for the sake of a lot of people is suicide."

"Jisatsu ka?" (Suicide?), Rin had asked herself in confusion, her gaze sweeping over them, lots of shocked, angry and sad expression on their faces. She saw John at the operation table and her eyes widened. Suddenly, she understood.

"DAME!!" (You can't!!)

Shouting it out of nowhere, the girl cut her way through the crowd of concerned people, doing her best to not be too forceful as she went on, but assertive enough to still be able to proceed. She ran straight to Marcus giving him a hug, the vocaloid couldn't exactly cry, yet the shakiness of her voice as she spoke again could easily make one imagine her doing so:

"Noo, I don't want you to gooo...", the android shook her head in disapproval, having a hard time accepting his decision, "Marcus is Rin's only similarly mechanical friend here. And if you go, I'll be sad... and lonely. Mostly sad."

"No, don't... I doubt you'll be compatible."

The white-haired man had a lot more rational reason to be against it, though the girl didn't quite understand much of what he had said. He reminded her of Len, getting all technical with stuff and then being sliiiightly dejected at the fact that she couldn't follow anything. Oh shoot! Her brother! Rin was still going to get lectured whenever she got back, aaaaah!! In a quick thought, she wondered how much it would be possible to delay getting yelled at.
    Looking over at whatever the young man was up to, the older twin refused to let go of her cyborg friend, as if he would leave the moment she let him free. Even as the other had explained what he had been doing to one of the resistance members, Rin still didn't get it, just hoping that all of that scientific blabbing actually helped John somehow.

A new person has stepped up, someone whose voice she had instantly recognized as the wise and kind Asian man from before. Even if he had still kind of given her a lecture... He said something about healing the resistance's leader with his powers, and in a mix of hopefulness and amazement, the girl's gaze had locked on him, curious over what that could even mean. Like a blueray that got played backwards, eventually the wound itself had been undone, something that prompted Rin to go 'ohhhh' and then 'hurray!' right after:

"He did it...", she had muttered under her breath in disbelief, "Oh my god! He actually did it! John is saved, no one has to die!!"

The room itself shook a little at the continous excited hopping of the heavy-set girl, but she was just so glad that everything had worked out nicely! Marcus had won a thigher hug at the motion, sort of forced to hop together with the overjoyed android.
    AHHH SHE WAS JUST SO HAPPY!

And then the savior had collapsed on the ground:

"Ah!", Rin had finally let go of Marcus, running up to the man and then remembering that she had no way to tell anything for lack of tactile or heat sensors, taking a step back for the others who could to step in, "Is he gonna be okay?!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread